- Text Size +

John was startled awake at the deafening sound of Mary’s alarm. Sounding like a tornado siren to his small ears. The ground shook as Mary got out of bed. Leaving John to cower in the corner of the dark drawer he was left in. Listening to Mary get ready for her day, and dreading the moment she would pull the drawer open and expose him to the harsh reality he found himself in.

The moment never came, though. The powerful footsteps grew quieter, and the ground settled down. Left in peace and silence yet again. John tried to fall back asleep. Struggling to relax with the looming prospect of the drawer being pulled open at any moment. He ended up just sitting in the corner. Trying to let his eyes adjust to the darkness. As he sat with nothing but his own thoughts to occupy him, he tried to remember the layout of the room. Trying to figure out if there was any escape. Remembering the explanation that Mary had given him, he begins to crawl around the drawer. Feeling around for the gemstone that housed his soul.

Feeling around in the dark. Touching all of the rubbery and plastic toys that shared the drawer with him. Eventually finding something that was hard and cold to the touch. As he held it, he felt a strange draw to it. Like he was supposed to have it.

Then he heard the thudding footsteps again. Growing louder with every passing quake of the ground. Quickly scurrying back to the corner. Taking the gemstone with him. Trying to hide it behind himself as he pressed it into the corner behind his back. There was a small sliver of light that entered the drawer. Letting John see, and making him panic at the thought of Mary opening the drawer.

Letting out a quick scream as he closed his eyes as tight as he could. Cowering in the corner and waiting for the inevitable. But again, it never came. Mary had simply pulled her blinds to let the light in from the window. The natural sunlight filtering into the drawer slightly as she finished her morning routine without any thought for John.

Just as soon as it came the tremors seemed to leave again.  John remained in the corner for several hours dreading the return of his captor. Finally getting the courage to get up. Accepting that she went out to do whatever she needed to do that day and left him alone. Leaving the gemstone in the corner as he used the small stream of light that still creeped into the drawer to see. Approaching the light and reaching up to see if he could fit through it.

It was too small to get out that way. Of course, it wouldn’t be that easy. Walking around the drawer again with his newfound ability to see.  There was a small crack starting at one of the corners. If he could work on it, maybe start whittling away at the composite board that made up the walls of his prison he might be able to make the hole big enough to crawl through and he would have a way to the ground.

Dropping down to his knees and beginning to pull at the wooden floor. Digging his fingers into the hole and pulling little pieces up with his finger nails. Scrapping at it and slowly digging into the drawer. Working on the reparative task for several hours. John was mostly thankful to just have something to do instead of laying around in the dark. Something to take his mind off of the variety of sex toys he shared the drawer with. Each larger than his entire body.

After making enough progress that John felt a sense of satisfaction, he headed back to the corner he had claimed as his own. He was tired and needed to rest. There was no telling when Mary would be back and what she would to do him when she returned. He had to try and keep his strength up. If he was exhausted after spending a day doing nothing, she may get suspicions. Besides, if her word was to be kept, he would be spending plenty of time in this drawer.

Using the small red gemstone as a pillow John found it easy to sleep after working at such a physically demanding task. Drifting off almost instantly. His dreams were filled with visons and memories of what life used to be. How normal it was. All of the things he had taken for granted. In his dream he was sitting down at a fast food restaurant. A big burger in front of him along with a massive container of fries. Next to it was the largest drink he ever saw. Surprised that the place even carried a size that big. His stomach growled. Begging for the delicious food that filled his nose. Reaching down to grab the burger. His mouth watering with anticipation. The table moved further away as he reached for it. Standing up out of his chair and walking towards it to try and grab it again. The table moving away from him a second time.

John ended up chasing after the food. Running as fast as he could to try and keep up with it. The table always keeping just out of reach. Stopping when he heard a muffled sound of someone speaking. It seemed to be coming from everywhere at the same time. He couldn’t make out the words. It was somewhat familiar and filled him with dread. Searching his mind for memories with the voice he opened his eyes and woke up.

Groaning softly as he sat up. His neck and back sore as the sound of Mary’s voice filled the air. She seemed to be talking on the phone. John could smell the food he had tried to eat in his dream. The muffled voice talking with a mouth full of food every second sentience it seemed. The scent of food making John realize he hadn’t had anything to eat since the other evening. Before his friends dragged him out to go to the bars.

The ground shook. Mary’s voice growing louder and clearer as she walked over to the night stand. Pulling the drawer open without a moment of warning. Sending John jolting forward and rolling against the side of the drawer. His gemstone slid forward with him as a harsh bright light flooded the previously dim space within the drawer. Putting his hands up to cover his eyes from the light as Mary’s voice boomed around him. Finally, clear to his ears.

“I’m so glad you asked, Mom!!” A wide smile spread across her face. Her eyes were boring down into John as she stared at him. Her cellphone held up to the side of her head as a dab of ketchup from her meal was smeared at the corner of her lip. “yeah I- yeah! Nooo…I do!”

Her joy was quickly overshadowed by annoyance at the other person on the phone. Standing up and turning around. Allowing John, a view of Mary’s backside as she stood with her hand on her hip. Sighing in frustration as she stomped a single foot down. Making the ground quake beneath John yet again. All he could do is stare up at the titan towering over him. He didn’t like to admit it. But when she was just standing there, she and not actively threating his life he enjoyed the view.

Staring up into the sky. Her butt eclipsing the light of the ceiling fan. Clad in tight leggings letting John see every curve as they clung to her skin. Quickly looking away as Mary turned around again. John hadn’t been paying attention to the conversation. He wasn’t sure what was said between the time she turned around and now. Or if Mary had even said anything at all. As her voice filled his ears again, he found the slightest bit of relief in the belief that she had been listening to the person on the other side of the phone and that he hadn’t been that hypnotized by the sight of her rear.

“I promise!” Mary’s voice was whiny as she wiggled around on the spot. Looking back down at John and smiling. Giving him a small wave as she spoke. “I have a boyfriend! He’s so cute and adorable and I’d do anything for him and he’d do anything for me. We’re so cute together!” Blowing a kiss down to John as she listened to the reply from the other side of the phone.

“Well I don’t know why that matters…” she trailed off a bit. Clearly cut off by her mother. “I know the spell why can’t I use it?” Her brow scrunched up as she listed. Cheeks puffing out as she seemed to be receiving a lecture about something. “Why should they have to consent when I can just take what I want though? I thought you and grandma taught me magic so I could always have what I wanted!”

John was having a window into Mary’s past he never thought he’d have. One he was beginning to wish he never would have. Knowing how much of a spoiled brat Mary was only made him more fearful of the wrath he might be forced to endure if he ever got on her bad side. She had killed and tortured him and called it nice. Making John worry about the mental stability of the giantess that stood before him. A shadow overtaking him, interrupting his pondering. Glancing up and seeing Mary reaching down into the drawer. Scooping him up into her open palm and using her foot to push the drawer closed again. Still talking on the phone as she walked over to her bed.

“But he’s cute! He’s cute and I want him. So that means no one else can have him. I’ll bring him to the next family holiday and if he doesn’t love me back by then I’ll let him go like you want, okay?” Her attention was still on John as she listened to the reply. The muffled sound barely audible to his John’s ears as she placed him on top of the night stand and pointed to the nail polish behind him. Turning around and seeing an arrangement of colors all set out. Turning back towards Mary unsure what she wanted from him.

She smiled and stifled a bit of a giggle at his confusion. Leaning down and whispering to him. “Pick one, silly.” Blowing another kiss towards him. Her breath washing over him. The taste of her burger and fries still on her breath. Making his stomach churn and gurgle out in agony. Begging to be filled with something.

Mary was already sitting back up. Having not heard or cared about the rumbling stomach of her tiny boyfriend. All John could do was convince himself that she would feed him after he was done. Believing that he was going to be painting her nails for her as she spoke on the phone. Picking out a light blue color and pushing it towards the edge of the night stand. Standing next to it and waiting for Mary to return her attention down towards him and his task.

“Deal!” she said giggling. Glancing down towards John who was left wondering what her mother had negotiated. From this side of the conversation it seemed like she was arguing for Mary to free John. Noticing that he had picked out a polish her smile grew into a grin. Picking up the bottle and examining it. Her eyes shifting back down towards John. Putting the bottle of polish down by her feet and then scooping John up between two fingers. Her thumb pressing into his chest as her index finger caressed his back as she brought him up to her face and smothered him with a big kiss.

Leaving a smear of lipstick across his face that he was sputtering and trying to wipe off as Mary’s voice boomed and echoed in his ears. “Alright, I gotta go now Mom. My boyfriend is going to help me paint my nails now! Because he loves me and would do anything for me! Isn’t that right?” She said as she glanced down at me. Putting the phone down next to him and giving him the chance to speak to her mother. Freezing at the chance to actually call out for help. The contrasting ideas in his mind making him unable to decide what to say. He could call out for help but what would Mary do if he did. He could say he loved her but that might ensure he was trapped with her forever.

His decision was made for him as Mary giggled and pulled the phone away. “Oh my gosh, Mom! He’s so cute! He’s so shy and nervous to talk to you he just froze up. He must be worried about making a good first impression on his future mother in law.” Giggling again at the apparent quip her mother had. “Yeah maybe! But I gotta go now. Talk to you later!”  Hanging up the phone and placing it down onto the night stand. John still held between her fingers as she wiggled around on the bed. Her back up against the wall with fluffy pillows behind her ensuring she was comfortable.

“I really like the color you picked out, babe.” She commented as she fingered through some of the bottles. Picking out a bright, nearly neon green and putting it down by her feet with the other one. The glass bottles clinging together as they roll down into the indent her feet bade in the soft bed. “and I think it’ll go really well with that accenting color too.”

“Oh! I almost forgot.” Hopping up out of the bed after putting John down onto the night stand again. Rushing over to her desk and pulling out the gemstone from the bottom drawer. “Probably gonna need this.” Her voice was happy and chipper. Leaving John even more horrified as he saw what was between her fingers. Coming back to the bed and getting back into her position with her back against the pillowed wall. Putting the gemstone down onto the nightstand next to John and quickly scooping him up between her fingers.

Putting him down by her feet. Leaving John to look around. Examining the room and looking for a way to escape once he was out of the drawer. Taking every chance, he could to get his bearings in this strange and alien feeling place. Being so small made the single room feel like an entirely different ecosystem to him.

His attention drawn back to Mary as music started playing. Seeing Mary tap her phone screen. Leaving it over on her night stand with the gemstone sitting right next to it. Smiling as she reached down and grabbed John between her fingers again. Using her other hand to spread her big and second toe. Sliding John’s four-inch frame in between her big and second toe and t hen grabbing the light blue polish.

John fought against her overbearing grasp the moment he saw her spread her toes. A thin film of lint and dirt compacted between them. Mary’s fingers easily overpowering John and pushing his arms down to his sides before she let her toes slam together against his body. Pinning his arms down to his sides as he was looking towards Mary’s ankles. Looking up at her bent leg. Trying to see her face around the mountain of her knee.

The scent of the polish hit his nose harder than he had expected. The soft stench of her feet overpowered by the chemical smell of the blue polish. Pulling the brush out and dragging it across her nail. Using John as a toe separator as she painted her big toe. Feeling light headed after the first few brushes. Mary hummed along with the music as she worked. Cocking her head, a bit as she looked down towards John “Oh!”

Screwing the cap back onto the bottle and reaching down. Pressing a finger against the top of his head and sliding his body down between her toes until only his head was poking up between them. Reaching under her toes, being careful not to touch the fresh paint on her big toe, and grabbing his legs. Twisting his body and contorting him so that his legs were between her second and middle toe. Wrapped under her toe like a living toe ring as she used his body to separate three of her toes.

Smiling at her own ingenuity she unscrewed the bottle and began to paint her second toe. The world was spinning for John as she did. The music filling his mind. The pain and discomfort of being twisted around to wrap around her toe was dull to him as he was simply struggling to retain consciousness. His head felt like a balloon and his eyes wouldn’t focus on anything. Finishing the coat on her first two toes she noticed that John wasn’t feeling too well.

“Oh gosh. I’m sorry sweetie I didn’t even think about you getting high off of the fumes” Giggling a bit as she wiggled her toes. Grinding the twisted and contorted form of her boyfriend between them. Feeling some cracks and pops as she did. The pain suddenly shooting through his body as the dull ache became a sharp pain.

Screaming out as she broke several bones with the wiggle of her toes. A light blush covering her cheeks as she relished the power and control for a brief moment. “Well I know how to get you sober.” She said simply before clenching her toes. The sharp pain shooting through John’s body stopped. As his body was smashed between the powerful toes. Cracking and popping between them as they wiggled around and ground the mashed remains of his body between them. As if trying to bury her toes in the sand of his guts.

The blood that splattered across her toes evaporated. The bloody guts between her toes vanished as his body slowly drifted into reality on top of her night stand. Sober and finally remembering all of the pain he just endured. Practically reliving it again as the metal trauma began to set in. Given no time to process it before he was picked up again and carelessly shoved between Mary’s toes. His shoulders separating two and his body wrapped around under her toe again to separate another pair.

“Oh hey. Your head is in a perfect spot to clean between my toes. I’ll have to have you do that next time!” Mary commented with a soft snicker. Clearly enjoying being in control of her little boyfriend as she painted her nails.

John grunted and tried to find some comfort between the toes. The chemical smell of the polish attacking his sober nose anew. Burning in the back of his throat. The scent so powerful in the air that he could taste it. His mind was swimming by the time Mary painted her fourth toe and she mashed him between her toes again. Repeating the same process until all five of her toes were painted the light blue.

John had no way of telling time. All he truly knew was that he died at least six times during the process. The last time she left him on the night stand. Putting the cap back on the light blue polish and blowing on her toes. The noise from the phone sitting next to John making his ears ring. He was sitting next to a speaker at a concert as Mary’s phone played music for her to listen to as she painted her nails.

By the time Mary got around to scooping him up again he couldn’t hear anything. Held between her fingers and dangling in front of her face. He saw her lips moving but he couldn’t hear any noise. Only a soft, constant ringing in his ears. Her breath washed over him as he simply dangled between her fingers and looked at her in confusion.

Mary found it funny. At least John thought it looked like she was giggling and laughing about it. The world suddenly turned into a blur as Mary’s hand rushed down towards her feet. White tape covered the flesh parts of her toes and there was a Tupperware container of the bright green polish. John assumed Mary had explained what was going to happen to him and why things were set up this way, but he had no way of knowing.

She tied a string around John’s waist and then tied his arms and legs up. Once he was tied up and unable to move, she dropped him into the Tupperware container of polish. Coating his entire body in the bright green paint. Pulling him out with the string. Dangling him there and letting the excess drip off. Mary shook him up and down in an attempt to speed up the dripping process as paint covered John’s face and cut off his air.

Once she was satisfied, she brought him over to her toes. Steadily finding the right place for John before lowering him onto them. His face on her big toe as the rest of his body laid out across her nails. Feeling something press against his back. Keeping him from squirming about and plastered to her toe nails. Waiting for him to suffocate in the polish. His body evaporating as soon as he did. The polish landing on her toes and leaving a perfect silhouette of his body across her toes. Peeling the tape off and seeing how it looked.

Smiling happily as her art project was a success. Green accenting the blue nicely and the sight of her boyfriend’s small body stretched across her toe nails was obvious to anyone looking down at them. Happily reaching over and grabbing him up again. Tying him up and laughing as she tried to struggle against her. “I gotta do both! It won’t look good if you’re just on one of them!” She answered his attempts to resist.

Repeating the process of her first foot and letting John suffocate and drown in the bright green polish. Reaching over towards the night stand. Her hand approaching John found himself screaming and cowering. Not ready to experience the horrors again. A small wave of relief washing over him as she simply turned the music off. Looking down at her toes with a bright smile. Staring at the cute paint job that she just made. Picking her phone up and taking a picture of them.

“I have to show people this! It’s just too cute not to!” Mary nearly squealed in delight. Leaving John to sit on the night stand and ponder over all of the death he had experienced. Reliving every nightmare over and over again. Feeling the horrors of his body being twisted and crushed between the powerful digits of the girl that sat before him and posted her cute nails onto social media. Feeling the helplessness of the thick paint covering his mouth. Unable to breath until his body wouldn’t accept it anymore. Forcing him to suck the paint into his lungs. Feeling them fill up with the viscous substance. Letting him drown in it.

Shivering and huddling up with his back against one of the glass bottles. Hugging his gemstone as he searches for anything to give him some form of comfort. Mary and the gemstone being the only two constants in his life.

Mary put her phone down on the night stand and scooped John up in the same motion. Smiling as she saw him clutching his gemstone. “Awe! You’re such a good boy. Getting your gemstone for me.”

Standing up and waddling over to her desk. Not letting her toes touch the ground yet as she was still letting them dry. Bending down and opening the bottom drawer. Bringing John up to her face and planting a big kiss onto his chest and face. The scent of the burger and fries still on her breath. Spittle and lipstick clinging to John’s face as the scent of her food lingered in his nose.

As Mary closed the drawer John realized that he wasn’t hungry anymore. Listening to the sound of the television being turned on from inside his drawer. Curling up and clinging to his gemstone as he simply tried to forget what just happened and all of the suffering he was forced to endure. Falling asleep to the muffled sounds of the television.