- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A rather short story, but I may expand on it later on :) ! it's also a story for rabbithole ^^

Mayday! Mayday!

Alexander Ross was an airline pilot from World Connection, the greatest airline company from Hills’s Family House. It was a very important job, because it allowed peoples from the basement to connect with those from the roof, or even those from other Houses. The minuscule germ-like beings sorely needed airlines to connect with the gigantic world around them.

Thousand years ago, at the onset of the XXI Century, a shrinking epidemic had ravaged the world, reducing roughly two-third of the human population to the size so minuscule that, for their immune kindred, they had disappeared from the world proper. The ten centuries which had followed this terrible event had been arduous, but the reduced Humans, now inhabiting the world built for their World-Titans cousins, had achieved a great amount of technological knowledge and where now more advanced that their humongous companions in this world.

Alex aircraft was proof of this. It was able to carry 1000 peoples in a carrier the size of a gnat. It was at least his hundredth time flying around the house, avoiding the usual pitfalls, such as the air conditioners and their terrible turbulences, the air vents or windows, which often blew dangerous winds, and, obviously, the inhabitants of the House. He even had left it once or two, in experimental fly to try and discover if reaching the nearest House was doable without stopping for refuelling.

“Dear passenger” said Alex with a joyful voice, “I’m happy to tell you that our travel is going well. We should reach first floor and our destination, Bettany’s Room and the colony there in less than twenty minutes. You may suffer some ear-popping because of the ascension, but don’t worry, it’s only natural. I hope that you’re enjoying your fly so far and I’m happy to have such awesome passengers!”

Pilot Ross smiled at his co-pilot, Jeremy Hunt, who smiled back. Good pilots for humans loved their job. The one who didn’t, or felt cheated or something usually ended crashing their planes into the World-Titans wandering the house at their earth-shattering and yet incredibly fast pace. They were the most dangerous thing in this House, really, and the worst was that they had no idea how deadly they were, being unable to even acknowledge the presence of humans.

Among the politicians and scientists of the House’s various communities, many argued for a Great Revelation to the Titans inhabiting their world, but the majority still refused it, doubting that the incommensurably vast beings would ever consider them as anything than germs, slaves or pests. Alex would have loved for the two species to bond once more however, if only because Mrs. Hills body haunted his dreams since he had seen it ii exiting her shower in her fully naked glory.

Mrs. Hills had a slightly tanned skin, auburn hair reaching her shoulders in beautiful waves, and curves which had almost made him lose it, here and then, in the cockpit when he had witnessed her large breasts swaying, each large enough to contain thriving nations of humans. She had probably FF cups, compared to a normal person, after all. This vision had led to his break-up with his girlfriend, because she simply couldn’t compete with this single vision of the 45’s years old World-Titan.

An actual gnat crossed the plane’s way, jolting back Alexander to reality. He was surprised to see this creature, considering that they usually circled around food or… or the World-Titans. With a scream, he managed to avoid the sudden arrival of Bettany, Mrs. Hills older (and flatter) daughter.

Their eyes met and he saw so much anger than he knew what was coming. With a sigh, he resigned himself to his fate when the World-Titan moved her hand and crushed the plane without even a second thought.

----------------------------

It had been a horrible day. School had been boring, the teachers needlessly pestering her, because of her failing grades. But it wasn’t her fault they were all old and ugly. A beautiful teacher and she would have been a lot more focused on classes, she was sure of that.

To make matter worse, gnats had followed her all day long, and it had earned her a lot of jeers and laugh at school. The sixteen years old girl hated it, but somehow, they often did that, despite the fact that she washed her hair everyday. Perhaps it was because of the papaya and strawberry aroma of her shampoo, she suddenly realized.

It didn’t make her less furious, but at least it was an explanation she could deal with. But those gnats! They were insufferable and she decided to end one; perhaps, then, the others would give her a free space for a time… She chased one of them outside of the living room and near the stairs.

Suddenly, a new one, with a very unpleasant vibrating and a shining which made it all the more ugly came in, rushing near her. It seemed slower than the gnats she had been pursued and she crushed it immediately. The bloodstain of a thousand dead humans left less than a trace on her palm and she quickly went to wash her hands in the faucet anyway.

Another gnat came rushing around her, almost landing on her nose.

“Oh come on! How much of you must I kill before you leave me alone!?” bellowed the petite teenager.