- Text Size +

 

Chapter 4  
 
“Come on guys, I don’t want to kill any more of you than necessary, but you are making it really hard” Laura said, looking down at the thick crowd that was trying its best to get away from her. Of course, their best was far from enough to escape from a woman that could cover a city block in just one step.
 
The truth was that their stupidity annoyed her. It was to be expected, of course. But it was annoying, nonetheless.
 
“Can’t you see that there’s no fucking way you are going to outrun me?” she then asked. “For God’s sake, stop running down the avenue and get into the side streets or buildings! I’ve been leaving the buildings alone for a while!” she commanded
 
A few complied, but most still kept just running. She realized that there would be no way to move down this avenue without her feet crushing hundreds. A quick look around from her vantage point showed her that every other street in the direction of Downtown presented a similar situation. The only options not to step on anyone were to stand still or to move back in the direction she had come. And there was no way she was going to choose either of them.
 
She wanted to advance, and goddesses should be able to do as they wanted.
 
“I’d much rather not step on you as I move. You need to clear the streets. Now!” she finished in a commanding tone.
 
She had not seen the need to add a please. From now on, people should do as she wished whether it pleased them or not. The problem was that they weren’t. The number of people realizing that the buildings were a much better choice for them was still discouragingly low. Exasperated, Laura sighed and then said:
 
“Ok, as you want. In ten seconds I’ll resume my walk down the street. If you are still there when I do… well, it’s going to hurt you more than me”
 
She started the countdown:
 
“Ten… Nine… Eight…”
 
If anything, her ultimatum had made them more nervous. It had not made them any smarter. They kept running, the only difference was that now their paths had become so erratic that more often than not people ended up crashing into each other and falling on the road. God, it was pathetic!
 
“Three… Two… One!”
 
Seeing how little the crowd had been able to accomplish in the time she had granted them made Laura have second thoughts for a moment. Then, she discarded them.
 
“What kind of goddess would I be if I cannot do something as simple as walking?” she thought
 
“Here I come!” she announced as she raised her right foot and moved it forward. She avoided any theatrics. She did not attempt a particularly long stride or a harder than usual stomp. She just took a small step. She doubted it would make a difference to the dozens of unlucky people in the area where her foot landed.
 
Those instantly obliterated under her bare sole were not the only victims of her step. As usual, her feet sank deep into the tarmac, sending chunks of asphalt flying and landing, often on some of the people directly ahead of her toes. An instant later, cracks formed and started spreading out from her foot like spider-webs. Some were wide enough to swallow a few more victims.
 
The living hell that the simple movement of her foot had caused failed to register as such to Laura. If anything, her perception of the carnage she had caused down below at street level was that it had been mildly amusing, even if unsought. Even if the change had been very recent, her altered perception was one of the consequences of being the size of a skyscraper and wielding the power of a God. It was hard to empathize with someone that looked no bigger than one of her eyelashes.
 
So, without further consideration, Laura moved her left foot forward with similar consequences.
 
She stopped, a dozen blocks later, at the sight of a billboard that caught her attention. It was on the roof of a building slightly below her naked breasts, so she stooped a little to examine it.
 
There was the picture of a very untrustworthy man in an expensive looking suit. Above an abnormally large telephone number, she could read the words “Killed or injured?”
 
Laura let a chuckle out at the ad of the personal injury lawyer. Straightening up again, she then turned and looked at the stretch of avenue she had just walked through.
 
It looked like a war-zone. Downed lampposts and traffic lights and debris that had peeled off the building’s façades when her calves had accidentally brushed on them were noticeable enough, but of course the most remarkable consequence of her trek were the two dozen or so depressions, each in the shape of her lovely but otherwise deadly feet.
 
Remainders of vehicles ranging from small urban cars to city buses and 18-wheelers filled most of them. Their two-dimensional silhouettes were still close enough to their original three-dimensional form. It would have been harder to get a feeling of how many people had shared the vehicles’ fate had it not been for the display of the fashion variety, from dark suits to bright floral dresses that covered the compacted ground.
 
All around them, those that had been lucky to survive but were still too shocked to realize were slowly recovering from the hellish experience they had lived, most trying to stand up after having lost their footing, making sure to avoid falling into footprints that Laura now knew were way too deep for the mite-sized people.
 
It was impossible for her to feel sorry about the scene. She could only wonder about the number of figures in the body count. Three were for granted. Chances were that she had got as high as four.
 
It was somewhat weird to realize about the consequences of just moving from point A to point B. Still, when putting them in perspective to the millions of people that lived in the city, they felt less extraordinary. Laura’s mind was not working like that of a tiny person anymore. Among other things, her frame of reference had changed, and not just a little.
 
Stooping again, she faced the injury lawyer’s billboard once more and smiled at it.
 
“You are going to be busy” she whispered.
 
Then, she just flicked it with a finger, sending it flying over a few city blocks.
 
The idea of a class legal action against her momentarily crossed her mind. She chuckled at its stupidity. She wondered if the jury would buy her argument that she had just been peacefully walking. Well, if they did not, she could always step on them.
 
Of course, that was what her new status was about. She was above the law! Hell, she was the law now!
 
Amused by the injury lawyer’s sign, Laura made a game of picking up as many billboards as she could find. Once the roofs around her were reaped, she dropped to a knee and went on with the signs at street level, ripping off storefronts and bus shelters just the same.
 
Letting herself drop on her hard ass and causing a mild earthquake that made cracks form in the façades of the buildings around her, she sat down, crossed her legs Indian-style, dropped her collection of signs on a conveniently located roof by her left tit and started picking them up one by one, examining them with her keen eyes.
 
Looking at what some tiny humans wanted other tiny humans to know was an interesting exercise to learn more about her new condition.
 
The first one showed one of the monster SUVs she despised so much. It was pictured in a perspective that made it look even bigger. The sign claimed “Power” in bright yellow letters with a red rim. Laura giggled. Then, she looked around her to see that there were a few sections of the block that were still standing after she sat down. She found a car like the one in the sign soon enough. Sure enough, her town mates loved oversized fuel-draining cars that served no other purpose than killing the planet. She reached out and picked it up between two fingers of her free hand. Bringing it up, she manipulated it until she was holding it flat just in the last segment of her index finger. Then, she looked back at the sign and giggled once more.
 
“Power?” she asked aloud.
 
The vehicle in her finger would barely qualify as a toy. A toy she did not like at all. Bringing her thumb on top of it, she effortlessly pushed and turned the SUV into a metal pancake the size of a coin.
 
“I’m going to abolish this crap” she muttered.
 
Then, she smirked as she let her mind wander.
 
“I’d be doing the world a favor. Who needs one of these, anyway?”
 
Then, her mind added: “And even if they did need them…I don’t give a fuck! I don’t want anything like this in my streets anymore. Period”
 
To prove her point, she brought her hand back on the street and crushed another similar SUV under her fingertip, just as she had done on the highway. A third one she just flicked, sending it flying father than she expected until it crashed against a building down the street and remained half-embedded on its façade.
 
“Ooops, sorry” Laura said casually, although she was more amused than sorry.
 
“I have to start taking mental note of the changes I want in the world. I’ll have to make them known soon enough”
 
Discarding the car billboard, she reached for the next one. It pictured an oddly large burger with bacon, cheese and everything else. Laura had never been big on burgers, but the sign made her think anyway.
 
“I’m not hungry but… will I need to eat?” she wondered. She realized she did not know. There had been no clue about it in the otherwise incredibly realistic dream that had heralded her real growth. She acknowledged that could be an important issue. It was one of the areas she had often considered, in her fantasies. Of course, the freer she was from real-world needs the better. Her preference had always been that her transformation would come together with some way to self-sustain herself. It was not as it would be too big of an issue if that was not the case, anyway. It would merely be an inconvenience. At her size, her needs in terms of food intake would be roughly equivalent to those of the population of the city she was sitting in. This should be manageable for the little people, once she had succeeded to establish her authority over them.
 
She was more concerned about the consequences of her eating or drinking. In the end, if food was getting in… it would need to get out as well. And at her size that would be unavoidably gross and inconvenient. She was a goddess now, and goddesses should not be seen doing certain things.
 
“Anyway, I guess I’ll find out as I go” Laura thought as she discarded the burger billboard and went for the next.
 
The jeans on it could not have fit the model that was wearing them any better. With her long and toned legs and her shapely hard ass, Laura knew that they would have fit her almost as good. And yet, she was not at all interested on them. She had been asleep during her growth, but it was obvious enough that she had grown through her clothes. If she had not and her clothes had keep up with her new size, the first thing she would have done back at the lake would have been to take them off.
 
To start with, she did not want to show up in the city in hiking apparel. But even if she would have been wearing her fanciest party dress she would have got rid of it anyway. Laura was aware of her looks. She had a model-like figure, even if a tad too tall, and she enjoyed showing it. Used to run around the house in her birthday suit, she was more than happy to show her body to the world.
 
Besides, she could think on no attire that could be more suitable for a goddess. Her power derived from the fact that she was a moving skyscraper made of flesh and she wanted the world to realize that she needed nothing other than her naked body to dominate them. The days for shopping and clothes were over for her and she was not the least concerned about it.
 
For an instant she considered adding an obligation for all the people in the country to strip and move as naked as her, but she discarded it. As small as they were it would not really make a difference for her, and she doubted that the people would be as resistant to weather changes as she expected to be.
 
She discarded a few billboards until she got to one that made her chuckle. It was that of a condoms company and the large pink letters in the black background formed just one word: “Sex”
 
After the initial chuckle, she then put some more thought at it. She had never needed condoms. And she would not need them in the future either. Having gone through the scenario many times, the thought that came to Laura’s mind was not new. The only difference was that now it was real. For Laura, the days of having sex with another human being were over.
 
Stopping, she corrected herself: the days of having sex with an equal being were over. In her current state, this would have required another goddess to be around, and she was not sure that she wanted something like that to happen. At most, she would have been fine with Stacy, her girlfriend. She always did as Laura said, anyway. But she was willing to trade goddess-to-goddess sex off in exchange for ensuring that her power was absolute and not shared with anyone. The last thing a goddess needed was to have to discuss her plans with someone else.
 
She realized that this did not rule out the possibility of having sex with another human being. Or a few dozen, for that matter. Like everything else, it just depended on her will.
 
Smirking, she wondered if some of the things that ran through her mind would be considered sex by her counterparts. Most likely not. Some would even call it spelunking, she thought with a chuckle.
 
She had some doubts that the experience would be too pleasurable for her, in any case. After all, she was VERY big. She was quite sure that the ride would be very rough for whatever lover she chose, in any case. Of course, after the hundreds that had died just so that she could advance a dozen blocks the prospect did not look as dramatic, but somehow, in Laura’s mind, forcing them into her womanhood looked quite more questionable than just smashing them under her sole.
 
Her erect nipples and moist cunt told her that, no matter what happened with food or drink, this would be a womanly need she would need to take care of, sooner or later. If anything, her libido had only grown with her new size and power.
 
Ruling out the possibility of forcing some unwilling lovers to work on her, both because of the concept and the questionable results, Laura realized that she would be stuck to sex-toys. Hopefully the city would provide enough of them. In her dreams, the cities she had visited had always had. All it had taken her was a little creativity.
 
The idea that she might actually have some willing lovers crossed her mind. It was a remote possibility true… then she thought about Stacy. Yes, Stacy would be willing enough to do anything Laura wanted, without the need for her to use her amazing size to force her. Precisely because of this, she discarded the possibility too. Stacy was too important to risk her like that. She was probably the only one of the ant-sized people around her she still cared for individually. Up to a point, Laura regretted that Stacy would not be able to share this new situation with her. Far from scared at the notion, she had been very supportive ever since Laura opened up enough to tell her about her fantasies. She just did not share the same craving for power. Laura realized that wishing her to become a goddess like her was selfish. Stacy would not enjoy it. Not being able to be with her was probably the biggest trade-off of her new size. Still, if she had been given the choice, she would have chosen to grow anyway. There was nothing she wanted more than what she had become. And Stacy understood that, Laura told herself.
 
Then, the thought came naturally to her. Stacy did not want to be big, but this did not mean that she could not be with her. She could go find her. Even get her out of harm’s way, she thought, ignoring the fact that she was as much the source for harm as her possible protector.
 
Yes, she would go find her girlfriend. And maybe she could bring her along as she explored the city for something that could actually help her with the ever growing “itch” that came from down below.
 
Dropping the Sex billboard, she postponed her urges for later and looked at one of the last signs. There was a warm-looking old man on it and a text in the colors of the American flag that read “Re-elect Strauss”.
 
She frowned. The billboard reminded her of her true purpose in the city. She was going to take over the world and she would start in her city. She could not think of any better favor she could do for the world than ridding it of Jacob Strauss. He represented all that Laura despised in politics: elitist, unconcerned by those in need and with a complete disregard for the people of the city he had vowed to serve, Strauss had used every trick in the book to stay in power for over twelve years. He was known for destroying the political careers of those that could end up representing a threat, for favoring to those that would give him money or screen time for his campaign and for exercising power like an absolute ruler.
 
His extreme right morals did not help Laura like him either. Having grown a massive real estate business from the ruins of his family’s fortune, using political favors and bribery, he had jumped into politics on top of the most populist speech possible, blaming immigrants for every problem, despising poor people just for being poor and treating left-wingers, ecologists or homosexuals with the worst possible contempt.
 
He was scum. Laura despised him, as much as she could despise anyone. She would have taken over the city no matter who had been in charge. It was only suitable to her new station. But the fact that it was Strauss made the prospect so much better.
 
Removing Strauss would be her first priority. She could take care of some of the other stuff that had been going through her head later. With her mind made up, she unfolded her legs and started to rise back to her feet, digging the ground as expected as she did.
 
Towering over the landscape once more, she mentally chose the path she would take to City Hall and took a first step down the avenue. The crowd had been smart enough to use the time she had given them while reading the billboards to clear the avenue considerably. Still, none of her steps was completely free of victims. Her feet were just too big. That was a stage she had gone over, though. After her previous experience, Laura was now ready to accept that moving meant stepping on people.
 
A dozen blocks later, she stopped when she realized that the crowd was again thick enough that the body count would be back at two to three figures per step. She needed to get through, so if they were stupid enough not to make it easy for her… well, then tough shit. But she felt that she owed them at least a fair warning.
 
Placing her hands on her hips quite unconsciously she prepared to address the crowd when she realized that there was too much noise. She quickly identified the source.
 
The news choppers had been following her for a while and she had not minded. As a matter of fact, they played to her advantage. The more people understood her power, the easier it would be for them to accept her as their new ruler. She had been also considering stopping and making some statement, but after the initial speech when she had reached the city, she decided to give the people some more time to check her out before she addressed them again.
 
Laura now realized that the fact that she had left the choppers mostly alone had probably made some of their pilots grow bolder. A group of them were now flying much closer to her and the sound of their rotors was becoming annoying. She was about to send them away when one of them did the stupidest thing yet. Taking advantage of the fact that she had stopped, the chopper had flown around her and was now hovering in front of her and close enough that she could not only hear its rotor but also feel the wind it generated. This made her mad. When she realized that the pilot was hovering as close to her as possible while still staying out of her reach, she got madder. Stupidity was annoying enough, but this challenge was totally unacceptable.
 
Fixing an angry stare at the chopper, Laura addressed the pilot.
 
“Dude, you need to get out of my face. Now!” she said in a very unfriendly tone
 
The fact that the pilot did not immediately comply made her blood boil. She realized he felt he was safe. This was too much.
 
Muttering the word: “Insect”, Laura pointed her face towards the chopper, puckered her thick lips and let out a short but strong gust of wind through them.
 
The results were even better than she had expected. Taken completely by surprise, the pilot lost control of the aircraft, which started to spin around like a brown leave at the wind’s mercy. Soon, it dropped and its tail crashed with a building to Laura’s left. This only accelerated the process. Laura let out a couple of “Ooops” and a snort as she followed the erratic flight of the news helicopter, which started to bounce between the buildings on both sides of the street like a pinball. When it finally crashed on the street below she was about to claim victory. Something else happened first.
 
Working at his best, Murphy had decided that the spot where the helicopter crashed would be precisely the one occupied by a full tanker truck. The explosion was massive even from Laura’s perspective.
 
The first two dozen of victims were already unavoidable. It did not take Laura to be a fire expert to realize that the body count would quickly rise if no one put the fire that had ensued out. And it did not take a genius to realize that she was the only one qualified for the task.
 
Feeling a little sheepish, since in the end the accident had been of her own doing, she decided to help the people out. It would also serve as a proof that her intentions were not evil, she thought. She did not stop to think that the amount of people she was set on saving was in the order of magnitude of the victims of a couple of her steps.
 
Dropping to a knee, she stooped forward and pushed her lips out once more. Then, she started blowing as someone trying to cool down a cup of coffee. The results were considerably different from what she was expecting.
 
To start with, the gale-force winds generated by her lungs and channeled through her lips caught a couple dozen people that had been running from the fire and in her direction and threw them back into the area where the fire was the fiercest. This was far from the worst consequence of her action, though. Fueled by the fresh oxygen from her lungs, the source of the fire roared brighter and wider, engulfing several dozen people more.
 
“Fuck!” Laura said aloud when she realized about the consequences of her actions. She was more ashamed than concerned by the wellbeing of the tiny victims, in any case.
 
As the screams from the avenue increased in intensity Laura’s mind was trying to find an alternative to blowing in order to put the fire out. Unfortunately, every idea that came to her mind had the unwanted side effect of finishing the people in the area around her as well. She started to look around, searching for ideas. A rooftop to her right gave her the answer. Standing up, she ripped the water tower off easily enough.
 
Bringing her hand over the area where the fire was burning, she squeezed the water tower between her fingers and let the water it held stream out of it and into the flames. It did something, but not enough. Laura did not give up, though. She now knew how to put the fire out.
 
It took her only a few minutes to gather half of the water towers in the neighborhood and hold them in her palm. Happy with its contents, she placed it directly above the flames once more and closed it into a fist. There was more than enough water to put the fire out this time. Laura waited for the last flame to be extinguished with a satisfied look and then said:
 
“You’re welcome”
 
No one had actually even thought on thanking her.
 
Realizing that it would be too absurd to save the crowd from the flames just to step on them a minute later, Laura decided to find an alternative route in her path to the City Hall. If she had not she would have probably left the Beck Tower alone.
 
Once her path had brought her next to it, though, she could not ignore it. The Beck tower was one of Emerald’s landmarks, even if Laura had never liked its architecture too much. The tall communications tower was built like a tall spire with a wide circular deck that stood more or less at shoulder-height to her. On top of the deck there was a taller spike that held most of the communications gear.
 
With spike and everything, the Beck Tower was just a tad taller than Laura. This was the first thing that needed to change. Laura was not in the mood of letting anything be taller to her. Reaching out, she took hold of the base of the spike, twisted it a couple of times with a movement of her wrist and then ripped it off the building.
 
She admired the foot-long spike in her hand. Then, she opened it and offered it to the dozens of people inside the circular deck. She smiled at them as she observed the multiple shadows glued behind the glasses. She wanted to have a closer look.
 
Bending down, she set the spike by her foot, since she thought she might find it useful later, and then stood up again to stoop and bring her billboard sized eyes closer to the deck. The reaction from the people behind the glass was almost immediate. She saw them scurrying back inside and joining some groups that were randomly formed across the surface of one of the four floors. Laura was wondering about the logic behind those groupings when she realized what was going on. They were waiting in line for the elevator to get there. Over 700 feet above the ground, the elevator was the only way in and out of the deck for anyone that did not share Laura’s height.
 
“Leaving already?” she asked in a mocking tone. “I’m afraid I cannot have that” she added.
 
Laura had been to the Beck tower. She had often been to its top and then spent long hours looking down, observing the ant-sized people and vehicles, dreaming that she was a giant. She had the same view now, only her bare feet were firmly planted on the ground below.
 
So, no stranger to the tower and its observation deck, Laura was familiar with the four elevators that ferried people up and down and had a pretty good idea on how to disable them. Of course, everything was much easier when one had the power of a God.
 
Bending lower, she looked through the openings in the tower spire that she knew gave access to the elevator shafts. She would have only needed to damage the shafts enough to prevent the elevators from working. But seeing the elevator of the side directly in front of her crawling down at a snail’s pace right below her eyes was too tempting.
 
Extending her index finger, she turned it face up and easily dug her way into the shaft. Then it was just a matter to patiently wait until the elevator was stopped by her soft fingertip. Breaking into the shaft over the elevator with her thumb, Laura was soon holding the large cabin between her fingers. The hardest part was to strike the right balance between pulling the elevator out and crushing it between the titanic strength of her digits. Luckily for Laura, and especially for the two-dozen people inside the elevator, control over her unfathomable power seemed to come naturally to her. Out of the shaft, the elevator cabin looked barely bigger than a thimble to her. Having been inside and knowing how many people it fit made the scene even more powerful for Laura.
 
She was eager to have a closer look at its occupants, but she needed to take care of the remaining three elevators first. Not in the mood for more delicate capture operations, she resolved to just make sure that no one would be using them anymore. All it took her to disable them was for her index finger to dig deeper into the tower. She just needed to make sure that she did not damage the structure enough to put the tower itself at risk. She thanked her lesson with the Windsor for having given her additional insight in the manipulation of buildings.
 
Looking at her extended finger as she removed it from the spire, she pondered at the fact that on itself it wielded a power few other things on Earth possessed.
 
Standing up again, she brought the elevator, which was partially covered by glass windows, right in front of her eyes. She smiled at the terrified people inside.
 
“I hope you don’t mind I took the liberty to bring you back up, but you were about to miss the best attraction in town” she said in a mocking tone.
 
Of course, she was not waiting for any response. She just looked for a good enough spot to set the elevator at. She had plenty to choose, since the top open-air terrace, around the spot where she had ripped the spike, was totally empty. Predictably enough, everyone on the observation deck had gone downstairs, to any of the four roofed floors inside the disk-shaped structure. She would make this change soon enough, but for now it fitted her well.
 
Realizing that the structure of the elevator cabin was too twisted for the doors to ever work again, Laura picked it up again and then used a fingernail of her free hand to rip its top open. It was then easy to empty them on the roof of the Beck tower as if she had been emptying a tube of aspirins.
 
Crushing the empty cabin in her fingers and tossing it over her shoulder, she stooped to take a closer look at the dozen or so centimeter tall people.
 
They were beginning to get back to their feet and scream. It suited Laura well.
 
“Anyone seriously injured?” she asked.
 
Seeing that most people seemed to be moving, she answered herself:
 
“It does not seem like it. Kudos to me for being so good at dealing with you, don’t you think?”
 
A few of the people were, predictably enough, heading towards the stairs that would bring them down. Laura made a show of stopping them using only her extended pinky finger, which to them looked like an impassable wall of flesh, nonetheless.
 
“I want you up here. And believe me, it’s a bad idea to upset me” she added.
 
Removing the finger, she patiently waited for them to react. The majority of the people she had intercepted reluctantly got away from the stairs. One of them seemed to have a different idea, though, and dashed towards the stairs again, as if he had any chance to get here.
 
Laura sighed and brought her hand back on the roof. She then flicked the challenging man and sent him flying a couple hundred yards. The fact that he had not screamed during the flight told her that he had probably died at her fingernail’s impact. It was hard to tell, with the little people being as puny as they were.
 
Moving her hand back, she said in a matter-of-fact tone:
 
“Anyone else needs my help to leave the roof?”
 
She only got murmurs and the crowd getting farther away from the stairs.
 
“Thought so. Now, we are going to have some fun. Let me just find you some colleagues”
 
 
 
 
Klaus had already accepted that the elevators were not going to work anymore. A few dozen people still seemed to be denying reality and were still grouping in front of their doors.
 
He lazily moved towards the windows and let himself drop into one of the observation benches that would have been crowded if a skyscraper sized woman had not been standing outside. He had been regretting having extended his business trip to Emerald for some sightseeing ever since he had set his eyes on her in the distance, but there was no point on denying what was obvious: they were at her mercy.
 
At the moment, the woman seemed to be focusing her attention on some people on the roof of the observation deck. He wondered who could have still been there. Tired, Klaus sat and looked through the glass and at a breast the size of a large three-story house.
 
The landscape changed quite abruptly, though. Klaus remained speechless, but some high-pitched screams behind him reacted to the fact that the window was now suddenly filled by the smiling face of the giant woman that had them trapped in there.
 
Even standing somewhat away from the building, the woman’s face filled his field of vision as if he were on an IMAX. Her lips parted and her voice reverberated inside the deck, making the glass rattle. One would have expected a sound of that volume to be distorted, but her feminine tone was clear and easily discernible.
 
“You thought I had forgotten about you?” the voice asked in a tone that matched the cheerful expression of the building-sized face.
 
Klaus realized about three things. The woman was young, probably in her early twenties. She was also very pretty. The third one was the most concerning one: she seemed incredibly happy with the situation.
 
“Come on, don’t look so gloomy” the woman said in the same cheerful tone she had used before. “If you play along, we can all have a lot of fun together. I bet you were not expecting to get to see two towers for the price of one when you bought the ticket, were you?”
 
Klaus was anything but amused at the woman’s puns.
 
Her expression suddenly hardened.
 
“Now, let’s cut the crap and let’s get to the meat, shall we? I am a reasonable woman. And I can be gentle. But this does not mean that I’m not aware of the fact that I’m standing as tall as this tower you are on. I don’t know if you all heard my little speech as I got into the city, but just so that there is no misunderstanding: I’m in charge here. I command, you obey. Simple as that. If you don’t follow my commands, I’ll force you to do so or I’ll crush you. Or both”
 
Smiling again and looking as warm as ever, the woman switched back to her cheerful tone:
 
“But that does not need to happen. I’m sure that you’ll all be very devote tiny people. And my instructions are really simple. You just need to get out in the roof, where I can see you” she said. “Right now” she added
 
Without any time to react, Klaus found himself covering his face with his arms as glass shattered and rained all around him. It took him a second to realize what had happened. The tip of a finger the size of a bus standing uncomfortably close to him was clue enough, though.
 
The finger moved, but thankfully not in his direction. He heard some screams and then realized that another finger was closing from farther to his left. When they moved outside of the glass, he saw that there were two people wriggling between their tips. The fingers and people moved away from his view and he could see the woman’s face again. Her lips were smirking.
 
“I forgot to mention that there are two ways you can get to the roof. I went ahead and helped the first couple of people. I don’t mind helping others. If you want my help, it is really simple: you just need to stay and I’ll find you. The other option you have is to get to the roof on your own. Your choice, really”
 
Klaus wasted no time in standing up and running towards the stairs. He could swear that he heard a loud chuckle coming from outside as he did.
 
 
 
 
Laura was back standing and looking at the ever-growing crowd on the roof of the observation deck, right between her perky breasts. The stream of people went on for a while. By the time it stopped, the roof was practically full.
 
Of course, Laura was not fool enough to believe that no one had tried to cheat her and stay behind. It was in human nature to do things like that. And she knew it would take her time to change that kind of nature. She considered ignoring them and focusing on the clear majority of people that had followed her commands, but something in the back of her head advised against being complacent. There was as much power to be had from the fear of what she might do as from what she directly did. If stories of tinies that had managed to cheat her, to use their ridiculous sizes to escape from her scrutiny, started spreading out, it would not play to her advantage. No, she needed to outsmart them as much as overpower them.
 
She was too eager to enjoy her willing playmates to waste too much time on the cheaters, though. So, without any warning, she just stooped, widened the opening she had previously made with her finger and approached it with her mouth.
 
Bringing her lips to the hole as if she were kissing the tower, she inhaled deeply and then, without warning, she blew as hard as she could into the observation deck. The force of the current and the sudden increase in pressure were too much and all around the circular shape of the observation deck, glass shattered and was blown out together with anything that had not been firmly attached to the floor. This included all those who had thought that were smarter than a woman with a brain that weighted thousands of tons.
 
She stood up again to see the very confused faces of the couple hundred people on the roof. Shrugging, she said:
 
“The rats had to be purged out”
 
She felt the increase of the general nervousness and, while she did not mind inspiring fear, she knew that fear would not play out well for what she had in mind.
 
“Ok, let me bring up the elephant in the room first” she said. “I don’t plan to kill you” she added. She heard a collective sigh and smiled. “I don’t enjoy killing people. I don’t kill for the sake of killing. I’ve killed out of need or by accident. But not out of cruelty”
 
The mood in the roof seemed to be getting a little better.
 
“Now, killing you is one of the best tools I have to make sure that you follow my commands, and I don’t mind using it in that context. Bottom line: don’t piss me off and you’ll be fine”
 
She enjoyed the counter-reaction her last words had caused.
 
“Now, you don’t have to be too afraid. All I really wanted to do was to tell you a little bit more about me. I know you’ll think I’m vain, but I hope you’ll be able to understand that when one is taller than the tallest tower in Emerald, this kind of comes naturally. And for those smartasses in the crowd that are thinking that the Beck Tower was actually taller than me, I just wanted to mention that I was the one that made it shorter. Any questions?” Laura asked
 
As expected, there were none.
 
“Ok, let’s start then. Just something else: get your smartphones out. Take pictures and videos of me. Post in Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. I want to be the trending topic. Use the hashtag #GoddessLaura. Understood?”
 
She got some nods from the crowd.
 
“Lovely little people” she said with a smile.
 
Waiting until enough smartphones were trained on her, she started. The fact that she was addressing a crowd of regular people and not the cameras made her sound more natural.
 
Smiling at her audience, she started:
 
“Ok, let’s get started, then. I’ll try not to repeat myself too much. I’ll take advantage of the more reduced audience to be a little more intimate. You should already know that my name is Laura Anderson and I’m 22. I live in Emerald.  Well, I guess I should say I lived in Emerald. Now, I kind of own the place. I was actually on my way to let the mayor know” she said.
 
Making a pause of a couple of seconds, she went ahead.
 
“I know it will take you tinies a while to accept the new state of things but it does not need to be bad at all for you. I’m a nice girl. I’m big enough to force you to do as I want, but I’m also big enough to do plenty of stuff for you. And hell… I’m also very hot.  You’ll have both the biggest and hottest ruler in the world” she said
 
She got no reply. Laura chuckled.
 
She brought her hands to her bare breasts and cupped them.
 
“Doesn’t it feel better to be ruled by an attractive young woman?” she asked as she mashed her tits together.
 
“Ok, I guess that my tits are not so impressive, but they are still the largest in the world”
 
Winking at them with a naughty face, she observed as most of the men in the room seemed to be closer to the railing now.
 
“So predictable” she thought
 
She massaged her tits a little more, starting to feel aroused by the touch as much as by the power her gesture implied.
 
“You like them, don’t you? You want me to get naughtier?” she asked
 
Without saying anything else, she extended the index finger of her right hand and brought it into her mouth. Sucking it, she moaned lightly and enjoyed the reaction from many of the males in the crowd.
 
Without further warning, she took her finger out and moved it towards the roof of the deck. People tried to clear the way, but they could not get anywhere. Laura’s intentions were simple enough. Placing her wet finger on top of a tiny man, she waited for him to get stuck. He did, which marveled her, and then she slowly moved her finger upwards. Her joy was short-lived, though. Her saliva was apparently not sticky enough, and her finger had barely left the roof when the man unstuck and fell back into its surface.
 
Disappointed, Laura said:
 
“Oh, that’s too bad”
 
Then, she had an idea, smirked naughtily and said:
 
“I guess I know where I can get something stickier, though”
 
Bringing her hand down, she slid two fingers in and moaned again. She had not realized that she was so wet. She would need to do something about it, and she would need to do it soon.
 
In the meantime, all she did was remove her fingers from her cunt, extend the same index finger she had used before and marvel as another tiny man got stuck into it. The grip was much stronger this time, and she enjoyed lifting him off the roof and moving her finger around a few times while the tiny man remained stuck on its tip while screaming.
 
Happy with the results, she just pinched the man with her other hand, set him back on the roof and licked her fingers clean.
 
“Was that sexy for you? Or you were too freaked out to realize?” Laura asked with a chuckle.
 
No one replied. Stooping to get a closer look at the terrace, she whispered:
 
“You’ve been a good audience. I’m afraid I need to get going. I’ve got a city to take over”
 
She was about to turn when someone screamed:
 
“Goddess Laura”
 
She smiled and looked in the direction where the yell had come. She had not seen who had called for her, but it was easy enough to identify him when a circle started forming around him as people tried to get as far away from him as possible.
 
She smiled at him and said:
 
“Laura will be enough. I may be big, but I’m not big on formality” she said
 
“Laura” the man said
 
“Yes, tiny?” she asked
 
The man seemed uncomfortable, but finally managed to say:
 
“We have no way to get down”
 
Laura realized it was true. She was the cause for that, as a matter of fact. She quickly made her mind up. Straightening again, she said:
 
“All of you, get off the roof and down to the lower levels”
 
When she saw that the tiny people hesitated, she added in a harsher tone:
 
“Now!”
 
They started complying soon enough. She waited with some impatience until the roof was finally empty and everyone was back where they had started. Then, without further word, Laura took hold of the two sides of the observation deck and started pulling upwards. The structure started to groan soon enough. That was not a surprise, though. Laura had no doubts that she would be able to rip the observation deck off. The trick was doing so while keeping it in one piece.
 
So, applying the best balance she could between strength and subtlety, Laura kept on pulling, until she felt that the foundations of the observation deck were now basically free from the spire it had rested on. Taking a step backward, she was satisfied when she saw the observation deck coming out of the tower in one piece. A second later, the circular structure was at the exact same height it had always been but supported by a much stronger foundation: Laura.
 
Happy with what she had achieved, she took yet another step backwards and then carefully dropped to a knee. Soon, Beck Tower’s observation deck rested on the grass of the park below. Laura brought her head as close to the ground as possible to look through the broken windows and when she saw that the tiny people inside were battered, probably from having been thrown around a little, but more or less fine, felt satisfied with herself.
 
“Stay inside until I’m gone. After all the effort it took me to get you down in one piece, I’d hate it if one of you accidentally ended up under my feet”
 
Moving her head back, she proceeded to stand up. Looking in the direction of downtown, she walked around the tower and chose the new path she would take towards her destination.
 
As she took the first steps along the currently quiet path, one thought filled her mind:
 
“How have I been able to be not like this my entire life?”
 
 
 
 
“I need to admit I’m a little lost” Laya said.
 
“I guessed you would. I’m too, but that’s part of the thrill of this experiment” Quo replied.
 
“Why would she get out of her way to save the people on the fire or to help those in the tower down when she has just crushed over a thousand people to move?” the assistant asked.
 
“Of course, I can only make guesses about her thinking process right now, but my guess would be this: even if the unit of measure can be human lives in both cases, her mind is rationalizing both situations in very different ways. People represented a challenge to her mobility, so her mind decided that she should not care about those clogging the streets. Once it made the decision once, I expect she is going to behave similarly in similar situations in the future. We had a few examples of accidents and challengers that she did not mind in managing harshly, as well. But then, there were those cases where she realized that her large size could actually help. And since she is set on ruling the world to make it a better place, at least from her point of view, those acts of mercy make her feel better. She feels like she is staying true to her initial intentions” Quo said
 
“But that is not true. None of her actions so far have had any impact that could help her on her future plans” Laya said. “At most, one could say that she is experimenting and even playing”
 
“Of course. Consider this: Laura Anderson has wanted to be just what we turned her into during her entire adult life. Now that she is, she is eager to enjoy this status. But she needs to convince herself that she is doing it for the right causes. That’s how she’s behaving now. She will get back on track, eventually” Quo said.
 
“Not right away?” Laya asked. “She is close enough to the City Hall”
 
“Oh, I’m pretty sure that she’ll find herself plenty of distractions along the way. But don’t worry, she is doing better than I expected, actually”

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

Please review! Getting your feedback is both encouraging and important to improve. Please, let me know what you thought, whether you loved it or there were things you would have done differently. Thanks in advance! :)

You can find more about The Plan (including some illustrations) and my work at https://papayoya.deviantart.com