- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm back!.........Not really though. 

 

MAJOR/minor SPECIAL: One Little Moment

 

“I stay out too late!” Izzellah sang it time with the song. “Got nothing in my brain!” She swivelled around and flip the pancake in the griddle. She’d overcooked it on one side. She huffed at her failure and tossed the flapjack into the trash bin and poured another one. She’d almost made enough good ones in the last twenty minutes to pass for a meal but she needed one more. “That’s what people say mmm hmmmm!”

 

“Taylor Swift?” Said a voice with the slightest accent.

 

Izzellah jumped and turned to see someone unexpected. Lindsey Ferrand. She was dressed a white top that exposed the lines of her abs through the fabric and some loose fitting sweat pants. Like all MAJORS she looked amazing to the point Izzy felt self conscious in her “Amazing Amy” shirt and large shorts that were a hand me down child’s clothes from a MAJOR cousin.  

 

“I didn’t take you for a Swift fan.” LIndsey chuckled.

 

“She does occasionally put out a good one.” Izzellah admitted.

 

“I guess all her bragging on twitter isn’t unfounded.”

 

“I wouldn’t know.” Izzellah said. “Truthfully I just like anything you can dance to.”

 

“Swift is apparently very popular with minor’s if you are to believe what she spouts online. Although lots of singers brag about that. I’m sure you’ve read some ridiculous stuff from the celebs you follow right?”

 

“Uh I don’t...tweet.” Izzellah said. “I’m not really online at all. I barely know how to use my phone.”

 

“You don’t have like a facebook page?” Lindsey probed.

 

Izzellah shook her head.

 

“Instagram, tumblr, anything?”

 

Izzellah continued to shake her head as the embarrassment grew inside her. “I know I’m a little behind the times, but Lisa’s been coaching me through how my phone works. I can text now and stuff like that.”

 

“That’s probably gonna change soon.” Lindsey noted. “If you participate in Shannon’s campaign.” She clarified. “People will want to know who you are, what you like, the life you live.”

 

Izzellah was quiet for a moment. She was aware of how her life would change. It was one of many factors she would have to consider before accepting Shannon’s initiative.

 

“I-I didn’t mean to-”

 

“No, you didn’t do anything.” Izzy cut off. “It’s just a little intimidating to think about.”

 

“Can I see your phone?” Lindsey asked. She walked up to the minor and extended a hand.

 

“Uh, why?” Izzellah asked.

 

“You should at least have a facebook account.” Lindsey informed. “I can set one up for you.”

 

“Social media only serves as an unnecessary distraction from real life.” Izzellah stated while contradictorily handing over her smartphone.

 

Lindsey smiled as she took the delicate device in her hand. She bent down to Izzellah could see what she was doing which also had the added benefit of letting her be close to Izzellah. Things were going smoothly so far.

 

“It does.” Lindsey agreed as she used her pinky to scroll through the simplified interface of Izzellah’s minor made smartphone. It had bigger icons and a rudimentary selection of choices that gave only two options. “Call” and “Text”. Lindsey found herself actually having to go into the advanced settings to find the internet browser or her contact list. A contact list with only five numbers in it. Lindsey had to choke down her temptation.

 

“The best thing about facebook is that you get to choose your friends.” Lindsey informed as Izzellah leaned on her shoulder to get a better look at her phone.

 

“You can already do that in real life.” Izzellah commented.

 

“Yes but do you constantly get updated with what your friends are doing?”

 

“Why would you want to?” Izzellah asked. “That sounds horrible.”

 

“Trust me you’ll want to.” Lindsey encouraged. “First I need a password.”

 

Izzellah went to work and for the next few moments Lindsey was in the clouds. She couldn’t believe her good fortunes in the simple fact that Izzellah was an early riser. It was common knowledge that minors liked to sleep in, a stereotype even her brother seemed fine with on more than one occasion like this very morning. Now she was sharing an intimate moment with Izzellah just because she’d decided to squeak in a morning jog. Not only that but she was about to be Izzellah’s first facebook friend, an honor even Sabrina wouldn’t have over her especially with how private Izzellah seemed.

 

“My papa’s on here!” Izzellah peeped. “Ooh! He will be my first friend!” the minor pressed away as her phone beeped with the jingle of a sent friend request. It was accepted almost immediately. “Hah he posts pictures of cars!......Raul had a baby?!”

 

Well fathers didn’t count. She would be Izzellah’s first actual friend.

 

“You’re on facebook now.” came a groggy voice. Lisa strolled up in shoulder exposing half shirt and panties. Her hair was a mess. She yawned.

 

“How do you know that already?” Izzellah asked.

 

“You appeared on my recommended list.” Lisa answered. “It’s like a thing facebook does to find you more friends based on your mutual friends.”

 

“What mutual friends could we possibly have?” Izzellah scoffed. “I only have one friend and it’s my…….Why are you friends with my papa?!” Izzellah snapped suddenly. That’s when she smelt it. The burning. “Dammit!”

 

Her most recent pancake attempt had burnt completely black on one side. Izzellah let out a bitter curse and tossed it. She poured the last of her batter into the smoking skillet.

 

“You’re cooking?” Lisa asked. “Why?”

 

“I couldn’t help myself.” Izzellah replied. “Look at this setup! Stoves that don’t tower five feet above my head!” She gestured at the stove she was currently using, “An oven that I’m not afraid to accidentally fall into!” She opened the oven and pulled out a pan of maple pork sausage that was steaming and crackling with heat. “Well at least these aren’t burnt.” Izzellah took the sausage links and quickly wrapped them in the pancakes she had prepared. “The key is to wrap them fast while they’re hot so the skin fuses with the cake.” she said more to herself than anyone.

 

“Delicious.” Lisa said having already scarfed down one in the time it had taken Izzellah to finish preparing her meal. “Can I get some oj with this please?”

 

“Lisa!?” Izzellah shrieked as the halfsie poached her breakfast.

 

“You’d make a good wife, Izz.” Lisa said with a mouthful of food. She’d already eaten over half Izzy’s meal in a less than a minute. “Can I get that drink though? I’m choking here!”

 

“Get it your fucking self!” Izzy shrieked. “And while you’re at  it try cooking for yourself too!” Izzellah snatched back her plate but there were only two pigs in a blanket left out of the seven she had made.

 

“Cook for myself?!” Lisa gasped. “What a nightmare!” She reached for Izzellah’s plate again only to be jabbed in the gut. The halfsie shrugged it off to embrace Izzellah and snatch yet another morsel. She looked at her fellow minor with pleading eyes even as her cheeks were full of more pancake and sausage. “I need you Izz! I can’t feed myself!”

 

“You don’t get the last one!” Izzellah roared as her friend embraced her. “.....but I guess I’ll make some more.”

 

“Yes!” Lisa beamed even going so far as to smooch Izzellah on the cheek.

 

Lindsey couldn’t quite believe what she was witnessing. There was a certain calm over the minors that just didn’t exist for her kind. If any MAJOR, even her own brother had poached her breakfast fists would’ve been thrown. It was a sign of disrespect and a direct challenge to their own authority that had to be met, and yet...Izzellah was giggling and happily mixing more batter while Lisa rummaged through the fridge. There was no lingering animosity between them. This was what others didn’t understand about them, her friends and peers at school didn’t see this side. The calming effect minors had. She could even feel it in the air. Suddenly most of the fights she’d been in her entire life seemed incredibly petty.

 

Lindsey focused on Izzellah as the tiny minor moved about the smaller side of the kitchen. She felt a sense of pride that Izzellah would be the first one to use it. To her shame she even found herself leering at her crushes backside. The minor seemed to busy to notice.

 

“Pretty cute huh?”

 

Lindsey shuttered. Lisa was suddenly right next to her! She was so close it flirted with the boundaries of appropriateness. How had she?!

 

“I can admit her ass is better than mine.” Lisa said as her cheek grazed against Lindsey’s. Flirtation over. “I think she does squats.”

 

“I-I...you think?” Lindsey squeaked out. Somehow this taller than average minor was making her nervous.

 

“Oh yeah!” Lisa grinned. “She jogs too! Can you imagine that? So tiring……..You should fuck her!”

 

Lindsey’s tongue went dry.

 

“She came here for business y’know.” Lisa whispered into her ear. “She took a vacation to New Orleans….for business! Minorthingsmattertoo or whatever that huge chick is doing. So boring.”

 

“It’s important.” Lindsey rasped out as she tried to shake the haze of steamy thoughts Lisa had placed on her mind.

 

“It’s dumb.” Lisa said. “I made her promise me she’d have some fun instead of arguing with a giant and pining for your bro.”

 

“Alejandro’s a good guy.” Lindsey found herself saying. Her urge to defend him superseded her own desires. She was slightly surprised in herself for that.  

 

“He’s engaged!” Lisa snickered. “Chasing a taken man isn’t fun. Y’know what is? Having a hot fling with the local bombshell.”

 

Lindsey went silent.

 

“You should rush up and grab her from behind.” Lisa teased. “Spin her around and press your lips into hers. Slowly travel lower, to her neck, her chest, her navel, her……”

 

Lindsey’s phone beeped. There was a message. “Izzellah Ivory has accepted your friend request.” Then there was another beep. A new message. “Don’t listen to that little pervert.”

 

“You were supposed to accept my request first!” Lisa whined as she peeked Lindsey’s phone.

 

“I hear what you’re doing back there, Lis!”

 

“I’m not doing nothin!” Lisa lied.

 

“Then make yourself useful and finish mixing this!” Izzellah ordered. “Don’t tell me you can’t stir a spoon!”

 

“But!”

 

“No buts!” Izzellah denied.

 

The halfsie relented with a pout on her face which freed up Izzellah to prep more sausages. She scurried about searching for something she vanished underneath the sunken countertop levels lower than the one Lindsey had been leaning against. She then popped up just as quickly.

 

“Can you help me find a pan?” Izzellah asked.

 

“What?!” Lindsey started. She hadn’t realized Izzellah was actually talking to her. She was still trying to sort out the mental fuzz of what Lisa had just done to her.

 

“I need a bigger pan if I’m going to make enough food for everyone. Lisa eats almost as much as a MAJOR.”

 

“OH! Of course!” Lindsey jumped up creating a slight tremor that jostled the minor near her. “I think we have some pans in….” Her mind went blank. She didn’t cook much either. Not that she couldn’t but they had a chef and….”The upper shelves!” She remembered. They had pans in the upper shelves placed far out of the reach of minors. “Oh uh?”

 

“Give me a boost.” Izzellah requested.

 

“Whuh?”

 

“A boost.” Izzellah repeated. “To reach the pans. C’mon?”

Lindsey’s heart skipped. Was this actually happening. She’d be touching Izzellah! So easily! So…

 

“C’mon!” Izzellah snapped.

 

Lindsey’s hands reacted without her, seizing Izzellah’s tiny body by the waist. She was surprisingly….delicate. She’d held Alejandro countless times since they were both young sometimes even against his wishes. He was tiny in her arms since she was old enough to walk but he’d never felt fragile. As he got older and put on muscle he’d even felt sturdy, but Izzellah had no such trait. She was light, seemingly a feather in her hands. Weighing nothing and felt moldable, controllable, she had complete power over this minor. It was almost too much to bare...and it didn’t help that she smelled amazing. Like vanilla and flowers. This was too much pressure!

 

Izzellah for her part was completely unfazed as she casually paroused the cabinets for her bounty. “Found it!” She chirped as she claimed a metal pan almost the length of her body. However she overestimated the weight of the pan made for MAJOR proportions and fell backward accidentally dropping it.

 

Lindsey reacted without thinking. She closed her eyes and retracted her arms as the pan fell hard to the floor with a loud *CLANG*. She felt something tiny and soft press against her bottom lip. When she opened her eyes there was Izzellah staring back at her with a light blush on her face. Had they just? It coudn’t be true!....They had just.

 

Izzellah started giggling. “You can put me down now.”  

 

“I-I didn’t mean to-”

 

“Relax “Little Lind”.” Izzellah mused. “No harm done.”

 

She didn’t just say that! Hearing her nickname come from this adorable sprite made her heart sprout wings and float away. This shouldn’t be possible. Was this girl even aware of what she was doing? How could someone so small be so dangerous?!

 

“So are you going to put me down?” Izzellah asked.

 

“Ah! Of course!” Lindsey blurted. She placed Izzellah down but could feel her fingers linger on the minor’s tiny frame. The minor immediately went to work retrieving the large pan and hefting it onto the table. A feat the was significantly impressive as the pan was not made for a minor to lift. She went about prepping the sausage and whispering with Lisa who wore the largest shit eating grin Lindsey had ever seen.

 

Lindsey could only stand there and watch. Izzellah eventually started coaching Lisa on some other aspect of cooking but Lindsey was in another world. It had happened. She could still feel the tingling. It was quick, innocent, possibly even an accident, but it had happened. She had kissed Izzellah Ivory.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Lindsey's had a rough time. She deserved something nice. 

 

As for me well....It's been awhile. It will be awhile more before I post again. I'm still recovering from major surgery, but I am around. I'm still writing and drawing and working on my ideas and junk but it's hard to do that when you're in constant pain and exhaustion ect...

I'll keep you peeps updated whenever I have the energy to write another chapter for those who care. 

Until next time. Thanks for reading!