- Text Size +

Chapter 3

Introduction

 

          I looked over and saw Micky walking in our direction.  My heart jumped, she looked more beautiful than before.

          “Hey Micky,” Grace greeted as she beckoned her to come over.  “There is somebody you might like to meet.”

          “Really,” Micky responded with genuine interest as she stopped in front of Grace and I.

          “This is Stephen,” Grace introduced me, “he was Conner’s band little the year after you.”

          “Oh my God,” Micky exclaimed excitedly.  “Conner never told me I had a twin!  That’s awesome!”

          “Yeah, I honestly didn’t know either until Grace told me just now,” I returned.

          Micky lunged forward excitedly and wrapped me in a tight hug.  Apprehensively, I returned the gesture.

I felt her hair brush against my face.  I could smell the alcohol coming off of her, but I wasn’t complaining.  A drunk embrace with a gorgeous girl is enough to make anybody’s night.  We released the embrace and I gazed into her excited brown eyes level with mine.

          “I’ll leave you two to yourselves now,” Grace said with a smile as she turned away and joined Conner who was once again leaning on the kitchen counter.

          “It’s crazy that this is the first time we’ve met,” Micky said excitedly.

          “Damn right,” I said trying to figure out my thoughts with Micky standing in front of me, my infatuation clearly dripping.

          “I see you’re a man of few words,” she replied, “that’s fine by me.”

          “Well,” I paused, “n-not usually.”

          “Hmmmmm…”

          “Yeah,” I paused again to come up with an excuse, “I just pregamed a little bit tonight.”

          “Awesome,” she exclaimed, “my twin is an animal.”

          “You know,” I said, busting out of my shell.  “I’ve got to have some of that Social Butter as I call it.”

          “You’re crazy,” Micky said with a playful punch to my arm.

          “Um… Do you like edibles,” I questioned.

          “Oh my God.  You’re so crazy,” she cheered, “I love edibles.  Do you have some?”

          “I do,” I responded.

          “What are you waiting for,” she said, “let’s go.”

          “Okay,” I responded as I took Micky by the hand and led her through the front room.  I saw Michael was still on the couch and with my free hand summoned him to the stairway.

          Micky and I began ascending the stairs when she started to wobble.  She definitely had had a little more than she could handle.  I wrapped my arm around her and helped her the rest of the way up.

          “So Micky,” I said as we reached the top of the stairs, “are you sure you haven’t had too much?”

          “Yeah, I’m fine,” she said, “I’m good for a little more fun.”

          “Well, okay,” I responded, “but just know that you can…”

          Michael came jogging up the top of the stairway, cutting me off, “you ready legend?”

          “You better know boy,” I responded reaching my hand for a dap which he returned.

          “Let’s go,” he said, turning and opening the bathroom door at the top of the stairs.  “I see you Micky.  Joining the fun.”

          The three of us entered the small upstairs bathroom and Michael removed a crumpled Chipotle bag from his hoodie pocket.  Unravelling the bag quickly he reached in and retrieved two bags with brownies in them.

          “So, Stephen has a super high tolerance,” Michael said, “so he can have a full one and me and Micky can split halves.”

          “Sounds good to me,” I responded.

          Michael divvied up the portions and handed everyone a piece.  We clinked the brownies like glasses and started to eat them.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hey guys, thanks for reading this chapter.  I appreciate it and remember that any feedback is accepted and encouraged.

-DrumGuy