- Text Size +

Gina woke up on her phone’s third alarm and stretched, the ends of her magnificent legs hanging over the foot of the bed.  The last time her mom had been home she had gotten Gina a custom bed built for someone as immensely tall as her, but that had been almost a year ago.  Since then Gina had grown at least a foot, and needed another extension.  At this rate, by the time she graduated her bed would span the entire broad wall of her bedroom.  Despite the logistical difficulties, Gina couldn’t imagine a height she could reach that would be “too tall.”

 

She swung her legs to the side and slapped her tremendous feet onto the carpet, an impact that was sure to wake up the lighter sleepers in her colony of shrunken people.  In only two gliding steps she was at the light switch, and with a flick the room was flooded with soft, white light.  Some tiny shapes moved within the terrarium, roused by the sudden blast of light, and Gina grinned.  It was such a minor manifestation of the power she had over them, but probably did the most to explain why some of them had gone along with worshipping her.

 

Gina stripped off her pajama bottoms and T-shirt and tossed them in the hamper, then stepped sideways to her wardrobe.  Her slender fingers withdrew an outfit for the day: black shirt with sleeves to her elbows, black stockings, and black shorts that by now much have been permanently rolled so they barely covered any of her legs.  One of the casualties of her height was, by necessity, clothing options: buying clothes in her size wholesale was simply more practical than finding what she liked and growing it so it fit her.  The other students expected her to look a certain way, anyway, and she found this had a certain intimidation factor to it.

 

Once she was dressed Gina went to finish getting ready.  Having long outgrown it, she leaned forward against the chair for her make-up table to apply the minimal amount of foundation and eyeliner she used every day.  Without moving, she used the mirror to check her braids and make sure they were still more or less in order.  Satisfied with her appearance, Gina slipped on her worn pair of Mary Janes, grabbed her bag, and headed for the door.

 

At the threshold she paused, looking back at the terrarium containing her tribe of tiny people.  She wanted so badly to fuck with them a little like she did every morning, but she wanted to save their screams for later.  Then again, what could a little harassment hurt?  Gina slowly approached the glass and bent over so that she was looking through the side panel.  Tiny bodies scrambled to form a semi-circle in front of her while she stared at them in silence.  She gave two solid taps on the glass, making them clutch their heads, then pointed at a random one.  That ought to be enough to keep them talking all day, she told herself.  Feeling that they were sufficiently intimidated, she left and closed the door, leaving the light on as her gift to them. 

 


Gina slid out of her cramped car – there was simply not enough demand to engineer a car specifically for her – and strode toward the school as if it should be honored by her presence.  She ducked under the doorway and stood up, the ceiling just barely tall enough for her to not bang her head against it.  A small grin tugged at her lips while she looked over the students milling about in the hallway.  They were all so small: only a few of them even came up to her waist, and she liked watching them squirm while looking up at her.

 

“Hey Gina!” shouted a deep voice before she could have any fun.  She turned and saw Kristie barreling through the throng toward her, nearly a head over the next tallest person.  One particularly short girl was slow getting out of the way and got hip-checked on her shoulders, then sent sliding across the floor to Kristie’s complete ignorance.  When she was about arm’s length from Gina she continued, “Thanks for listening to me last night, it might seem silly to you but it really helped me out.”

 

“Don’t sweat it,” Gina replied, looking down at her chest-high friend.  “Have you had a chance to do anything about it yet?”

 

“Not yet, I just got here,” Kristie answered, casting her eyes askance.  “There’s someone I’ve had my eye on though…”

 

“What’cha talking about?” came a spunky voice from behind Gina.  The pair turned and saw Shelby leaning forward, just tall enough to reach the base of Gina’s shoulder.  Her green eyes sparkled, and shoulder-length red hair waved back and forth with her movements.  She was well-toned from her involvement in multiple sports and weightlifting, and wore loose t-shirts and baggy jeans to hide how developed her body had become.

 

Gina had been Shelby’s friend since they were in kindergarten, and for several years they had terrorized their classmates as by far the largest.  Around middle school though Gina had begun to widen the gap, and after her growth spurt looked down on her old friend just like everyone else.  She imagined her potential though, and one night gave her a boost much like she had Kristie.  Unlike her other friend, though, Shelby never had any complaints, and seemed to relish her physical domination over their peers almost as much as Gina.

 

“Oh, nothing,” Gina said coyly.  “Kristie here was just telling me about a boy she’s bringing to my party tomorrow.”

 

“Oh really?” Shelby interjected.  “Well, I wanna know too!  Tell me all about him!”

 

Kristie blushed.  This was more spotlight than she was used to, and she definitely hadn’t anticipated having to describe this guy before she even got to talk to him.  “He’s smart, funny, kinda built… I don’t think you have any classes with him though, and I doubt you’ve even noticed him.”

 

“Kristie was scared to ask him out because he’s so short!” Gina blurted, then she and Shelby burst into laughter while Kristie blushed even harder.

 

“Oh really!”  Shelby tried to compose herself, but couldn’t keep a straight face.  “Well, how small is this guy?  Go ahead and show us on Gina!”

 

“Come on, I really don’t-“

 

“No, go ahead!” Gina butt in, egging her friend on.  “Go ahead and point to where he’d come up to on me!  Really, we’re curious.”

 

Kristie muttered something under her breath about this being a mistake and jabbed her finger into Gina’s leg right where her shorts rolled up.  The other two stared at it, almost incredulous, and tried to imagine how someone like that would even look to them.

 

“Is his name Ken?” Shelby finally asked, and only got a quizzical look in return.  “Because he’s practically doll-sized.”  Her back arched with laughter and she nearly knocked over another student while Kristie somehow got redder until she turned the same shade as a strawberry.

 

Finally, Kristie exploded.  “And you’re one to talk?” she boomed.  “I know you, and didn’t you once say your ideal boyfriend would fit in your shoe?  That’s fucking weird, Shelby, that’s fucking-“

 

Gina shoved her arms between the two women and pulled them apart.  “Come on, we’re all friends here,” she calmly entreated, “there’s no need for us to fight.  Besides, you’re making a scene.”  Some of the nearby students’ fear of the trio had been overcome by their curiosity, and they were staring at them.  She fixed them with a glare until they went back to what they were doing, unwilling to face down the absurdly tall and temperamental woman.  “It’s about time for class, anyway.  We can talk about it at lunch, and hopefully Kristie will have something to tell us then.”  Shelby and Kristie accepted Gina’s mediation and backed off to either side of her.

 

The crowd parted in front of them as they walked through the hallway, giving the group a wide berth.  Gina grinned at them making way, accepting the path as a form of tribute to her.  She surveyed the crush of students desperate to get out of their way from her high vantage point.  Some of them nursed a years-old fear of either her or Shelby, remembering all too well how they played keep away with their belongings, or trapped them in corners and wouldn’t let them out.  Others simply knew that anyone who got in Gina’s way either had a very difficult time following or outright disappeared shortly after.  It was good to be feared.

 

Shelby veered off, then Kristie, ducking into their classrooms until it was just Gina.  She quickly found her classroom as well, and nearly had to double over to fit through it.  Past the threshold she still had to hunch over to keep her head from shooting through the flimsy ceiling.  All conversation suddenly died while the students focused on her, unsure if something they were saying might set her off.  Gina strode across the front of the room, her knees alone taller than the desks, until she reached her spot in the back, on the far side.

 

Gina sat down in the desk that felt like a toy to her.  Her legs hadn’t fit beneath it for the whole schoolyear, so she sat sideways and slid her feet up against the wall.  She didn’t much appreciate sitting in the back, but they hadn’t given her much choice: apparently, she was too much of a distraction up front, and students had difficulty seeing around her.  As far as she was concerned that was their problem, but at least it kept people from climbing over her legs every time they had to pass her.  One or two of the guys seemed to make more trips than the others then, too, like they got a kick out of her blocking their path.

 

It was almost impossible for Gina to focus.  Not only did she already know the material being taught, but she had such big plans for later that weighed on her mind.  She had everything ready for the ritual, and knew the incantations like the back of her hand.  While the teacher droned about stuff she had read in the textbook months ago she ran through it again, just to make sure.  The only thing she needed now was to choose which shrunken person would be appropriate to use.

 

The bell rang and not a moment too soon.  Gina shuffled out of the room, struggling to keep herself low enough to not bump her head, and just managed to fold herself up enough to fit through the door.  Once in the hallway, she took a moment to stretch, enjoying that she could be at her full height again, before turning toward her next class.

 

Not even two steps in Gina felt something bump into her crotch, and reflexively set her feet shoulder’s width apart and placed her hands on her hips, just above the rolled part of her shorts.  She looked down and saw a boy with a very perplexed face and book folded shut around his finger looking up at her.  “Are you fucking blind or something?” she growled down at him.  “How do you not see me?”

 

“Uh… uhm… uhhh…”

 

“Uh!  Uh!” Gina shouted, mocking him.  “Is that what you say when you run into somebody?”  He remained silent.  “Well?  What do you say?”  Her eyes scanned the hall.  Nobody was watching, as they had been conditioned not to over the years.

 

“I… well, I’m…” he continued to stammer, and Gina only got angrier.

 

“I think the words you’re looking for are, ‘I’m sorry, ma’am, I wasn’t paying attention, please excuse me.’”  This kid was halfway to her shoes already, she would barely have to do anything.

 

“Yeah th-that sounds right,” he managed, still unable to pull himself away from Gina.  It might have been how scared he was, but he thought he saw her grow a foot.

 

“I can’t let careless, rude people like you walk the halls though.  You’re going to think twice before you run into someone again, I promise.”  He flinched away, but Gina had no intention of hitting him.  Instead he rapidly reduced in size until he was about an inch tall, and stuck looking awe-struck at Gina towering over him.  She considered stepping on him while she walked over him, but decided this would be more fun.  With him loose in the hallway he was bound to get crushed by someone who had no idea he was there.

 

Fortunately for the rest of the student body the rest of the morning passed without incident, and Gina made it to lunch without having to turn her wrath on anyone else.  She staked out their usual spot and occupied two chairs – one for her butt, one for her legs – and got to work on her lunch.  Within minutes Kristie and Shelby had joined her, since it was pretty easy to pick her out of a crowd.

 

For a while they ate in silence, still tense from this morning.  Kristie spoke up between bites, “Hey Shelby.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I found the perfect boyfriend for you in the hallway just now.”  No way.  If she had found that kid from earlier it would be an amazing coincidence – and a miracle that he lasted longer than a minute.

 

“Word?  Where is he?”  Kristie dug into her breast pocket and squeezed her fingers around something.  Gina winced: this could bring up some questions she wasn’t quite ready to answer.  If this could only wait a day she would have the perfect setting for the reveal, and Shelby might even get her ideal boyfriend.

 

Kristie slapped her hand on the table, and when she pulled her fingers away yellow and white plastic stood out against the gray table.  Gina let out a sigh of relief: it was just a LEGO person, probably dropped by a freshman.  Her expression went unnoticed under Kristie’s laughter, and Shelby couldn’t keep from glowering at Kristie.

 

“Yeah, that’s real funny, Kris,” Shelby said, completely deadpan.  It looked like she wanted to leap across the table and strangle Kristie, but had a longer game in mind.  “You talked to that tiny guy you want to date or are you still too scared of him?”

 

“Actually, I did!” Kristie began, sounding extremely self-satisfied.  “We had a really nice chat, and…”

 

Gina wanted to keep listening so that she would be up on the gossip with her friends, but her ears were burning.  Two tables over, she had heard her name, and turned to focus on that.  “I don’t know why everyone says Gina’s so great at basketball,” the careless man said.  “She’s got no skill or fundamentals, they just pass it to her and she’s so tall she drops it in the hoop.  I’m not even sure it’s legal to let freaks like her play.”  That was enough for Gina to make up her mind, but then he continued, “I’d still smash, though.”  And like that, Gina had a target.

 

The rest of the day Gina struggled through class, and between periods walked the halls to find where he’d be at the end of the day.  Finally, just before the last class she spotted him pulling a book out of his locker.  This would be the best bet, she knew, and this her presence alone ought to be enough to get him alone.  Just one more agonizing hour and she would have the ideal trigger for her ritual tonight.

 

After what seemed like an eternity the time came, and Gina made a beeline for the guy.  Students were standing around their lockers chatting, putting their things away until tomorrow, but when they saw Gina moving with a purpose they quickly concluded their business and left.  She crept up behind him, doing her best to stay quiet with her enormous feet.  While she loomed over the oblivious student she placed her hand on the locker door, waiting for an opportune moment to announce her presence and scare the shit out of him.

 

Finally, he leaned back far enough that she wouldn’t clip his head and slammed the door shut.  “Hey,” Gina boomed.  He spun around in surprise and looked up at the wall of a woman trapping him against the locker.  The top of his head just crested her shorts: not a short man compared to anyone else, but she had a way to make even the biggest men feel small.  “You got some shit to say, you should say it to my face.”

 

“I would, but it’s way up there,” he retorted.  “Let me climb you though and I’ll say all sorts of things.”

 

“Big words,” Gina replied.  “Too bad they’re coming from such a small man trying to hide how scared he is of a girl.”

 

“Yeah, it’s too bad I’m not a freakishly tall mutant like you, huh?  Get out of my way, I’ve got stuff to do.”  He walked forward and collided with Gina’s crotch, but didn’t even budge her.

 

“If you think I’m tall now, you’re in for a big surprise,” Gina said with a smirk.  Before the snarl left his face, he was half his size, just barely up to Gina’s knees.  His first scream came when he was passing her ankles, and was little more than a squeak by the time it stopped.  He looked up at the monumental woman in front of him, now hundreds of feet tall, and saw her malicious grin.  Understanding her threat, he began to run.

 

Gina watched his futile escape attempt with amusement.  No matter how fast his tiny legs could go there’s no way he would be able to outrun her.  She let him pass the curve of her shoe far enough that his vision would be free of her then took a small step, letting him run into the shiny black leather of her shoe.  He spun around, trying to get around the other side, but Gina simply placed her other shoe in his path again.  Her heels clicked together, and after a bit of sliding she had completely trapped him in a small triangle between her shoes and the locker.

 

“FYI, normally I’d crush you right now,” Gina boomed, making her victim freeze out of shock.  “I have other plans for you though, so you get to live a little longer.”  She squatted until her knees banged against the lockers, and the tiny man at her feet scrambled for an escape.  He was unable to climb over her shoes, however, and Gina’s fingertips easily plucked him up.

 

Gina stood and unzipped her purse.  While the shrunken man struggled in her grip she unzipped the bag, then with a flick of her wrist tossed him in.  She zipped it back up, plunging him into complete darkness, and left to drive home.