- Text Size +

Akane woke up smiling.  Every day that she woke up outside of that terrarium was a good day, as far as she was concerned.  She stretched, her ankles sticking out of the covers and sliding over the foot of the bed.  Gina was definitely tall, but she was coming due for another extension of her bed, and at eleven feet Akane’s body was simply too long for it.  Still, she fit on it better than everything else in the house.  Either her former captor never used anything outside of her room, or she was comfortable with everything else being half the size she needed.

 

She slipped her feet off the side of Gina’s old bed and stood, shivering when the sudden chill hit her legs.  Akane had taken to sleeping in her overshirt and socks, eschewing the skirt in favor of being able to rest under the covers, and after a couple days had neglected to put it back on entirely, not seeing the point if she was just staying in the house.  Her bare legs adjusted to the house’s colder temperature quickly enough, and she liked not being constricted by having her shirt tucked in.

 

A small house on the nearby desk erupted with noise while Akane looked around, and she turned her eager brown eyes to it.  Every morning without fail, as though she woke early just so she would know when to start, Roni would make a racket right after Akane got out of bed.  She knew Roni was unhappy with the situation, and she was not that satisfied with it either.  However, it was the only way to ensure everybody’s safety, and checking in on her made a nice, invigorating start to every morning.

 

Akane crossed over to the desk with two strides, with Roni’s vociferous complaints getting more intense as she approached.  She placed her wide palm on the run-down house she had pulled out for Roni to live in, the holes patched up with corrugated cardboard glued to the side.  Slowly, careful not to knock off any of the makeshift repairs, she lifted the roof off, exposing a furious tiny woman yelling at her from inside.

 

“I don’t deserve to be treated like this!” the shrunken woman yelled up at Akane towering over her.  “I am a goddess, do you hear me?  A goddess!  I demand you grow me back this instant!  It is my right and my duty to rule over the tiny people in this room, and you must honor that!”  Roni’s shouting turned into inarticulate screeching as she ran out of demands to make.

 

Akane leaned in and let her face fill Roni’s view for a moment, bringing a stop to her apoplectic fit.  It was like she forgot how huge Akane was compared to her every night, and it took the implicit threat of her enormous face up close to remind her.  She gave her a gleeful smile, legitimately glad to see that she was still okay.  Around bedtime Roni had a tendency to be overcome with despondency, and Akane was worried she might hurt herself.

 

“Good morning to you too, Veronica!” Akane said, her voice overwhelming Roni’s ears.  “You know I don’t like keeping you in there any more than you like being in there, but it really is for the best.  If I let you out you and Gina will just regrow each other, and she’ll start her reign of terror all over again!  I need to make sure you can both be restrained before I grow even one of you back, I’ve told you that before.”  She stood back up and grabbed the roof for Roni’s house.  “Now be good!  I’ll bring you some steamed veggies later to make sure you’re eating right.”  Akane slid the roof back on and made sure it was secure before walking away.

 

With three more bounding steps Akane was in front of the terrarium that had been her home merely one week before.  There were fewer people in it now, but still more than Akane would like.  She could only return one person to their previous size each day, so she picked the ones who had been in the longest so they could go back and be with their families.  It was the least she could do, but she still wished she could do more.

 

Akane practically knelt so that she would not appear overly threatening to the people stuck behind glass.  “Good morning, Kimberly!” she said, waving at the tiny woman nearest her.  “You’re looking especially cute today!  And Natalie, I you just look beautiful this morning!”  She went down the line, greeting and complimenting each person she had yet to rescue.  It was a pleasant change from Gina’s torment and dehumanization, she thought.  Some of them had not heard their real names for months and were shocked to be called something other than “tiny” or “bug.”

 

At the end of the row Akane saw a tiny, sullen blond pretending not to notice the gigantic face hovering inches away from her, separated only by a pane of glass.  “Good morning, Gina,” she said.  There was significantly less exuberance in her voice when addressing the former self-proclaimed goddess.  “I’m glad to see you well.” 

 

Gina’s head snapped to face Akane and she stared tiny daggers with her blue eyes.  “Fucking drop the act Akane, you giant bitch!” she spat.  “I know you hate me more than anyone else in here, because you know that you’re nothing without me!  I made you what you are, you deserve to be a bug at my feet worshipping me!  If you were still in here I’d shrink you down and make you live in my stockings!”

 

“Gina, I know you’re trying to hurt me, and I wish you wouldn’t,” Akane replied.  “You don’t have to be this mean, vile person that you’ve become.  I know that deep down inside you there’s a good person, you just need to let her out.”

 

“There are lots of good people inside me,” Gina retorted.  “I swallowed them whole.”  She walked forward and pressed herself against the glass, comical in her attempt to appear menacing.  “I’d chew you for a bit, though.  I want you to suffer.”

 

Akane looked at Gina sadly.  “I’m really sorry you feel that way, but I know you don’t mean it.  Some day you’ll be really embarrassed about how you talked to me, but until then you need to stay in there for everyone’s safety.”  Gina went back to silently glowering, so Akane stood and reached through the hatch to grab the empty metal bowl of vegetables and tiny chicken cubes she had put in there yesterday.  She knew that the tank’s interior was in serious need of fresh air, and many of its longer-term inhabitants were suffering from malnourishment after having nothing to eat but slices of wheat bread for so long.

 

There was a knock at the door before Akane could turn away from the tank, and a voice from the other side shouted, “Gina, where the fuck have you been?  We haven’t seen you in days!”  The door was unlocked, so the interlopers barged in.  Shelby, Julie, and Ashley spilled through the doorway, ducking underneath the frame, then stopped in their tracks.

 

“Who the hell are – holy shit, is that Akane?” Shelby asked upon seeing the gigantic woman in the middle of the room.  “You’ve been missing for months, everyone thought you ran away or got kidnapped or something!”

 

“No, I’ve been here,” Akane answered simply without elaborating.

 

“Why are you at Gina’s house and not at home with your family or something?” Shelby replied.  “They’ve probably given you up for dead.”

 

“Someone has to look after them.”  Akane gestured to the tiny people housed in the terrarium.  “They have families too, and I’d like to make sure they get home.”

 

“You?” Shelby asked.  “Where’s – Gina?!”  She spotted the tiny blond dressed in all black at the back of the tank.  She rushed over to her and pressed her nose against the glass, pointing at her.  “Hey everyone, come here!  Gina’s tiny!”  Julie and Ashley rushed over, crowding Shelby so that they could gawk at their shrunken friend.

 

“Hey Gina!” Julie shouted, drawing out each syllable.  “What’s it like being so tiny?”

 

“Wow!  How’d you get so small?” Ashley chimed in.

 

“Thank fuck you three are here!” Gina exclaimed, looking at them in amazement.  “Get me out of here!”  Shelby gleefully reached in through the hatch and carefully pinched the back of Gina’s shirt then slowly lifted her out of the terrarium.  She dangled Gina in front of her face, smiling.  “Now, make me big again so I can give that bitch Akane what she deserves!”

 

“Hm, nah,” Shelby shot back.  Gina’s jaw dropped, and she stared in surprise at her enormous friends.  “I think I speak for all of us when I say that it’s really funny how puny you are.  We won’t be growing you back any time soon.”

 

“What?  No!” Gina cried.  She had created three enormous monsters, and now it had come back to bite her.

 

“Yes!” Shelby came back, mocking her tiny friend.  Her eyes were wide and manic while she watched Gina dangle beneath her fingers, struggling futilely to get away.  She batted Gina with one of her fingers, starting her swinging back and forth while screaming in terror.

 

Shelby lifted Gina up and held her in front of one of her emerald eyes.  “All this excitement has worked up quite an appetite,” she declared, licking her lips.  “I could go for a snack right about now.”  She began tilting her head back and moving Gina above her, dangling the tiny woman over her lips while she opened her mouth.

 

“No, please Shelby!” Gina begged.  “We’re friends, remember?  I taught you how to shrink people!  I gave you a tiny boyfriend!  I gave you Kristie on a silver platter, just please don’t eat me like you ate her!”  Shelby wagged her tongue back and forth while Gina looked down into her cavernous mouth.  She saw Shelby’s uvula and began to weep, then screamed when the enormous redhead let go.  Gina plummeted toward Shelby’s mouth, shrieking the whole way.

 

Shelby snapped her lips shut just in time to give Gina a soft landing.  The other two burst into laughter while she fought hard to keep her mouth closed so the shrunken woman would not accidentally slip inside.  Just before she could no longer keep it shut she plucked Gina off her lips, giving her vertigo while she rushed her away from her mouth.

 

“I wouldn’t eat you, Gina!” she proclaimed, holding her puny friend in front of her.  “You’d be no fun in my stomach.”  Shelby lowered Gina down to the carpet while the puny woman protested.  She looked around in confusion, unsure if this was real.  Why was this happening?  Why were they tormenting her instead of helping her?  She had made them giantesses, and this was how they repaid her?

 

Gina settled down into the carpet, its long, soft fibers coming up to her knees.  Her three friends formed a gigantic wall, looking down at her maniacally.  She could not even climb onto their shoes she was so puny, and tears continued streaming down her cheeks while she looked up at her towering friends.  “Please!” she cried.  “You can’t do this to me!”

 

“Oh yes we can,” Ashley boomed, slipping a socked foot out of her Adidas.  “It’s like you told us: we can do whatever we want to tiny people, they’re really just bugs.”  She stepped forward, hitting Gina with her foot and knocking her over.  Ashley set her sole down atop her friend and laughed at her weak struggles.

 

Gina saw Ashley’s foot coming but could do little to stop it.  The great white behemoth overwhelmed her while she screamed, and she was bowled over.  When it pinned her down she tried to beg and plead with her friends to let her go, but only got a mouthful of cotton for her trouble.  She tried to wiggle free, but the enormous foot was simply too large and had her completely pinned.

 

Akane watched helplessly while the three tormented Gina.  She wanted to stop it, but there were three of them and only one of her, and after her struggle with their new victim she hardly wanted to try the odds.  Sadly shaking her head, she left to go get more food for the terrarium. 


I stood in Fulda’s palm, looking up into one of her icy blue eyes.  She grinned and gave me a playful nudge with her finger.  “So, how’s it feel?” she asked.  “Being free, I mean.”  Fulda was sitting on a bed, excitedly talking with me while waiting to leave.  The whole time since she had rescued me from Gina’s house I was in shock and too skittish for her to hold.  Now that I had calmed down, this was the first chance we really had to discuss anything.

 

We had been holed up in a hotel for the past couple of days.  It turned out Fulda had been understating the level of concern she had for me when I stopped appearing in Gina’s videos and flown out to check on me, even going far enough to rent a car.  She had expected the visit to last a lot longer though, and her flight back was not for several days.  Unwilling to pay for it to be changed she simply got a room and settled in until it was time.

 

It was like living in a palace for me.  The first night Fulda drew me a bath in the sink and let me sit in it as long as I needed, watching to make sure I didn’t drown.  Layers of grime I had no idea were on me sloughed off, and for the first time since I could remember I felt clean.  Fulda also shared her food with me, and after what felt like a lifetime of bread crusts her healthy diet was an invigorating feast – she even let me have a sip of her wine!  At nights she laid me on a pillow then crawled into the other bed, letting me have some time away from being forced to share someone’s bed.

 

“I… I don’t know,” I answered.  “I’ve been Gina’s ‘boy toy’ for so long I’ve forgotten about anything else.  I just wanted to be out of her clutches, I never thought about what I’d do after.”

 

“Hey, don’t sweat it.”  Fulda was going to great pains to keep her voice quiet and gentle.  “You can crash with me for a while!”  I have her an incredulous look and she laughed.  “No, I’m serious little guy!  I’ve got a really nice place and some tiny houses left over from my senior project, and you’re so small you barely eat anything.  I’ll even set you up with a nice girl from my sorority, the Gammas love tiny men like you!”

 

I sniffled.  “You… you would do that?”

 

Fulda gently ruffled my hair with a fingertip.    “Dude, it’s the least I can do.”  I leapt up and grabbed Fulda’s finger, wrapping it in a tight hug.  “Seriously, you’ve been through hell.  If I’d known my sister would go off the deep end like that I just would’ve kept you in a jar for a bit or something instead of giving you to her.”

 

“Thank you,” was all I could manage in my emotional state.  Everything was happening so fast I could hardly deal with it. 

 

“Well, we’re not home yet,” she said, pinching me around the chest.  Gently she pried me off her finger.  “We’ve got to get you through airport security first.”  Her hand began lowering me into her stocking and I froze up.

 

“No!” I shouted.  “Don’t put me in your stocking!”  She stopped and turned me to face her, furrowing her brows.

 

“But I thought you loved when I wore stockings?” Fulda asked, looking very confused.

 

“You can wear them, just… don’t put me in one.  Please, I’m begging you.”

 

Fulda shrugged her broad shoulders.  “Gina really fucked you up, huh?”  Surprisingly it wasn’t Gina who did it to me, but she was a root cause.  “Hm.  I can’t just carry you through without drawing a bunch of attention, and if I put you in my bag you’ll get fried by the x-rays

 

Fulda was silent while mulling it over, then suddenly snapped her fingers with a loud crack.  “I’ve got it!” she exclaimed, reaching behind her head.  When she pulled her hand back the blue ribbon from her hair was clutched between her fingers while she pulled it loose.  She shook her head back and forth, letting her hair fall down her back, then turned her attention bac to me.  “Don’t worry, I did this a few times in college so I know how to do it safely.  I’ll tie you to my thigh with this ribbon, and if some jerk security guard tries to look up my skirt to find you I’ll act offended and threaten to call the real cops!”

 

“If you think it’ll work,” I replied.  “Just… not a stocking.”

 

“Don’t worry, you’ve made that clear,” she said, lowering me down her body.  Slowly she pulled up the hem of her skirt, then slid me up the inside of her thigh.  Her intoxicating scent was all around me, and she had a fingertip linger on me to pin me against her bulging thigh.  Carefully she slid the ribbon under my armpits and pulled it tight, holding me securely against her while leaving my arms free.  She tied it in a knot, making sure it would not come undone, then pulled her hands away.

 

Fulda kept her skirt hiked up so that she could check out the work she had done.  “All good down there?” she asked.

 

“Never better!” I shouted, looking up her towering body.  I gave her a thumbs-up and she smiled, then dropped the skirt over me like a curtain.  She began walking, swinging me back and forth with her gait while her Converse slapped against the carpet.  Though I had no idea what the future had in store for me, it had to be better than where I had been.

Chapter End Notes:

That's a wrap on I Dream of Gina!  Please let me know what you thought - of this chapter and the story as a whole - and I'll gladly read your feedback.