- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Updates might slow down due to the writers block I am starting to get along with other things going on.

Roger had spent some time looking for anyone willing to follow him back into the woods where the remains of number of mostly digested people rested. Many mocked him as playing into the outlandish rumor's or said he was trying to trick people into being robbed out in the woods. Entering into a building located in the towns central square that happened to be the largest Catholic church in town he walked up to the priest working there and asked him to come confirm his story. Due to this not being the first time the priest had heard of a giant girl he agreed to follow Roger.

When coming to the site Roger had talked about the Priest was in shock of how large the foot print's were and the path of destroyed trees. Seeing the large golden pond in the distance along with the brown hills only added to his awe. Once more detail could be made out though his state of awe converted into horror for what must have happened as he stared at the clothed skeletons trapped in the massive fecal matter.

Other bones could be seen as well but what kept his eyes fixated was the clearly protruding human skull out of the 4 bodies that could be made out in the wet large rotten logs of waste byproduct that had been released by Justine earlier in the day. After having seen and smelled this horrifying scene the Priest wished Roger a safe travel home wondering how he was going to tell people what has happened.

Later that evening at the largest Catholic church in town people began to gather as they wanted to know what the priest thought of the rumor's of a giant girl killing people. Sitting in a back room reading the Bible the priest was thinking about what he heard from a number of detailed account's people told him including Roger that had claimed to see human bones in her waste. It was quite the horror for him hour's ago to follow the hardy though shaken man into the woods to actually confirm the evidence for his claims.

Those people out there were looking to him for leadership. He questioned himself at this point as matter's of literal life and death hung in the balance depending on what he told them. The world could be ending and he might just have to be the messenger that tells them this was it. The weight of his responsibilities felt nearly crushing as he tried to ready himself to speak.

Just thinking about those remains again created a knot within his stomach as he tried to gather his composure to speak to the clearly frightened crowd gathering around his church. At last coming out to address the nervous crowd he cleared his throat to speak with a firm tone, “Brothers and sisters I tell you we don't have a witch.”

A angry man then yells before the Priest could say another word, “I saw a giant girl taller than any of the trees by the river and you tell me that isn't witchcraft. This isn't a damn joke or tall tale, this giant girl is real and others think she has killed people!”

With a deep forceful tone the Priest replied, “I have heard from a number of people and I know she is real for I have visited a place she has been. Now everyone I am going to tell you what she really is. All I ask is for the respect to be heard uninterrupted.”

The crowd of over 50 people began settling down as they wondered what the Priest in dark long clothing was going to tell them. Starting his speech with a projecting tone he says, “This girl is much worse than a witch, she isn't even human. This giant creature is the spawn of Satan's demons mating with a woman called a nephilim from the time before the great flood. Long ago when those creature’s roamed the earth they ate people and were purely evil with only wicked thought's every waking moment. Now God has unleashed this abomination of desolation upon this world for our grave sins. We must repent to please God and then gather our men to slay this wicked giant abomination of pure demonic evil.”

One man hearing this felt conflicted about the idea of calling someone a demonic creature as he asked, “Father Wesley how do you know this is work of the devil?”

Asserting his claims to be absolute Wesley harshly replied, “Do you contest the very word of God that was inspired by his Holy Spirit? Do you not know you risk becoming a blasphemer sir if you question what this abomination is?”

Taking a quick bow the man who questioned Wesley replied, “I never intended to disrespect you Father Wesley or the Lord.”

Wesley accepted the man's apology and turned back to the crowd easing up slightly to address them as he said, “We must get ready for war not against mankind's flesh and blood, but against the dark forces that have returned to our world and seek now to destroy us all. This creature has already eaten 4 people and I have seen the remains myself, I know what we must do to protect our community against the giant wicked monster that has crawled out of hell to oppose us. We must gather together with our swords and slay this abomination in the name of our Lord!”

While Wesley kept whipping the crowd into a state of near hysteria about what he had seen and what they must do Justine stopped in front of Mark's house around three in the afternoon. She had so far been avoiding eating as she still felt guilty about what she has done to so many people. The effect of this choice was becoming clear as her stomach growled more frequently after the 5 people that remained inside after she had regenerated this morning melted into a slush that then was slowly drained into her intestines. Now her stomach was hollow asking for her to consume a new meal, but Justine's grief overpowered her desire to eat.

Justine looking down thought Mark's house was cute due to it's small yet cozy looking fit and feel. Sitting with her legs crossed it seemed surreal that compared to her his house seemed more like a toy than a dwelling people could live in. Thinking again about what she had done, it felt like there was no real path back to the person she was. Honestly she had no idea how to tell him what had happened or how much of the truth she was willing to tell.

It didn't take long for Mark to spot Justine's beautifully stunning figure out his window. The golden strand's of her thick lush hair contrasted well with her silky skin that covered her fine curves to create a breathtakingly dazzling living landscape. Mark was excited to see Justine as he ran out to where she had been sitting. Upon getting close to her towering body he saw her hand coming down toward him.

Even though he had been carried by her before, stepping onto her hand to be lifted toward her entrancing massive face still felt like a new experience. Looking over Justine's body Mark noticed a number of cut's and worried about what might have happened to her. Concerned while standing on the palm of her hand he asked, “Did something happen?”

Not expecting this question right away Justine waited a while before gathering the will to say sadly, “Yes Mark, it was horrible this morning. People tried to kill me in my sleep and when I woke up I cried out asking them to stop. They kept attacking me saying I was a abomination and a witch. I got so angry that I killed them. I killed them all Mark, like a monster. I know what I did was wrong, but I need someone to understand how I felt.”

Though shocked for a moment Mark deep down was glad Justine didn't allow herself to be victimized after what she had been though. While he understood why people fear her, he also felt they got exactly what they deserved for tormenting a girl like Justine. Replying sympathetically he said keeping a smile on his face, “I am just glad your okay and that you defended yourself.”

That kind of reply was the last thing Justine expected, she just told him she had killed people and he only thought of her. Sinking deeper into her guilt Justine said timidly hoping to be scolded, “You don't understand, when I was consumed with rage I did things to them that no one should ever do. I forced someone to eat dirt after capturing them and because I was hungry.................”

Justine couldn't say it, as she thought Mark surely wouldn't be able to handle it. To finish this sentence was to openly confess to someone that she had eaten people. A horror that she had committed that couldn't be explained.

Forcing someone to eat dirt after having captured them was wrong in Mark's mind, but he understood why Justine did it. The part she didn't finish truthfully had him puzzled as it just couldn't be what came to mind. Not wanting to see Justine sad Mark replied trying to be supportive, “Going that far after already winning wasn't right, but after everything you have been though I can't blame you. I don't want you to think lashing out makes you a monster, it just means you are like anyone else with feelings.”

Even after saying she had tormented someone that attacked her Mark still didn't wish to hold her accountable and this made Justine feel desperate to be judged as her guilt truly was eating her alive. Not able to conceal the truth any longer she broke out crying as she said, “You should blame me for what I have done. Because I am a monster that didn't just crush people, but ate them alive like I ate my father on the night I became a giant after being punished with no supper.”

So far Mark had been able to sideline and rationalize what Justine had done, but cannibalism was a red line he greatly objected anyone crossing. Before he was about to speak in anger Mark thought about the impact his words would have. If he pushed her away she might become a true monster one day alienated from the rest of humanity. He also hated the idea of allowing this world to turn a victim into a monster, he just couldn't let it happen to her.

Internal conflict ravaged Mark as he spoke switching between anger and compassion in his tone, “Why did you eat people Justine? I really don't want to hate you, but eating people is a wicked act.”

Every last excuse Justine came up with in her mind fell far short of explaining what she had done. It was one thing to explain why she had crushed the people that attacked her, it was a whole different matter to explain why she had swallowed people alive. Shuddering Justine replies, “I wanted my father to pay and because he withheld food I thought it would be justice to........ eat him after everything he did to me. Those.... others I ate because............. I-I didn't want to chew on raw bloody meat. It's just.... disgusting to taste so much blood and gut's. It was terribly wrong and I know nothing I say is going to make it right. But I am...... sorry for doing something so vile.”

Mark could see the weakness and shame bleed though Justine's big blue eyes as she had spoken. He couldn't hate her now despite the horrifying reality of what she had done. Not that he was going to forget this, but he thought Justine should have a second chance. Trying to keep a balanced yet firm tone Mark said, “Even though I think it's wrong, I do admit your father had what was coming to him. Still I don't want to see you become something your not. So please Justine promise me that you won't eat anyone else.”

From her prospective Mark endorsed the act of swallowing her father alive while mostly avoiding the fact he first said it was wrong before claiming he deserved it. Greatly relieved Mark did not come to hate her Justine replied still filled with guilt, “Mark, I am not sure I even want to eat again much less eat a person ever again.”

Growing concerned he asked, “Justine, have you eaten anything else today?”

Causally Justine looking away replied, “No I haven't”

Worried that her will to live might be wavering Mark said, “You can't just quit eating Justine, you will starve to death.”

Realizing how worried Mark was Justine spoke trying to be slightly more upbeat, “I just don't want to eat anymore today, not after what I did.”

Thinking again about how best to keep his troubled giant friend fed Mark said, “For when you do eat tomorrow I think a fire could help heat the meat up so you won't need to eat it raw. Before leaving I could try to teach you how if you need my help.”

After agreeing with Mark Justine spent the next hour trying to learn how to create a fire from her environment. It was frustrating and tedious work for her to root up some trees and collect large boulders to use in starting a fire. Mark couldn't help wondering if this plan was doomed to failure as it didn't seem like she was getting it even after telling her a number of times to be patient and focused. Still he did his best to keep thinking positively while watching her from the ground trying to create a fire.

Even though Justine had placed Mark some distance away when she began trying to use the boulders to start a fire the sound released when she slammed the two rough object's together was much more intense than any thunder Mark had ever heard. This task was clearly really starting to iterate her as she tried exerting a anger fueled quick clash between the two hard dirty boulders into each other. This released a brilliant flashy light show that impressed Mark until he saw part of the released spark land on his house.

Dropping the boulders in her hands Justine swiftly moved to scoop Mark off the ground. She had been more hasty than usual in rapping her fingers around his body and lifting him up close to her face. Nervously Justine speaks feeling guilty, “I am sorry for setting your house on fire, but I think if I spit on the fire it might go out.”

Those words shocked Mark as this towering blonde just suggested to spit on his house. Part of him was eager to watch as he said worried about his dwelling, “Please try it Justine, I don't want my home to burn.”

Letting her mouth water for a few moments Justine lowered herself toward the newly created fire on Mark's home. Thinking of food quickly put her saliva glands into action unaware what they pumped out wouldn't be used to lubricate an editable subsistence, but instead poured out onto a slowly burning rooftop. Now letting her moist tender lips part sticky clear liquid oozed over her tongue as it traveled down to the bottom of her lip dripping onto the flames below.

Mark watched in awe as the small waterfall poured onto his home drenching the rooftop with her fluid. The flames didn't stand a chance once the warm downpour of saliva snuffed it out. He was astounded that even her saliva had power as the flames had been fully extinguished by just her causally choosing to drool a bit upon his house.

After wiping her mouth Justine still feeling bad about Mark's house asked awkwardly, “Is there anything I can do to make up for nearly burning your house down and spiting on it?” Nearly overbearing embarrassment then entered her mind after having heard herself actually say that out loud.

Looking down at his small dwelling Mark honestly didn't expect almost half of it to be covered in Justine's saliva when he asked her to spit on the fire. Though still appreciating the fact his home wasn't burned down to the ground it was hard to pass up asking the colossal gorgeous blonde gently holding him in her grip for a favor. Nearly having to admit to himself his feelings toward Justine involved more than friendship he asks nervously, “Would you allow me to touch your hair?

To her this was an odd request, but after the trouble she had caused Justine felt it was the very least she could do. From her prospective Mark's interest in her hair didn't seem romantically driven and thought he just wondered how it was like to touch such large golden strand's of long hair. Replying with a kind smile Justine said, “Sure, I don't mind”

Being brought next Justine's neck where long golden locks of hair draped down over her chest Mark reached out to feel the flaky dry mildly rough texture of her strands of golden string like hair. It caused him to think about how much of a chore trying to wash her hair would be due to the fact she couldn't just submerge her scalp at her size. Other thoughts soon entered his mind while caressing a strand of her hair.

Curiosity infected Mark's mind as he asked, “I know you don't know why this has happened to you, but what do think the reason is for you becoming a giant?”

Replying to this question made Justine feel slightly unconformable as she said, “At first I didn't know what to think. Then after everything becoming a giant has put me though and thinking about everything I have done it feels like it must be a curse.”

Trying to make her feel more positive about her situation Mark replies, “I may not know a whole lot, but I believe that when something like this happens it's part of divine providence not a curse. I know it must feel like a curse now, but one day I believe you will know what your purpose as a giant is.”

Hearing this had the opposite intended effect as Justine became upset while saying, “People hate me because of this Mark and it's turned me into a monster! All my life people have told me what has happened to me was planned out as though that makes it better or less horrible like when my mother died or my father mistreated me and now your saying the reason I have to be hated by everyone is because that's my destiny. I don't want to believe that Mark, because there is no way something like this was the planned intent of anything good.”

Realizing how what he said impacted Justine's deepest emotional scars Mark tried to think of something, anything to make her feel better. For some time he drew a blank until deciding to act and rely on emotion's in the moment to speak as he said, “You aren't a monster, if anything to me your an angel that got lost. But it will be okay Justine and things will get better I promise. When I said there was purpose in what has happened I never meant to make you upset. I thought it would comfort you, but it didn't so I am sorry for making you upset.”

Smiling Justine replied, “It's okay Mark, I am just glad you are still willing to be my friend.”

After things had smoothed over and they kept talking for a while Justine placed Mark on the ground telling him she was going home. Watching her destroy the trees in her wake as she entered the forest left Mark in awe still amazed at the power her size naturally invokes. He thought deeply about how the town would surely react to what she had done. Mark's heart sank knowing they would likely try to kill her again. He couldn't believe what he was thinking to tell her, but he didn't want to see Justine being hurt again.

Chapter End Notes:

 

Just wanted to thank all of the reviewers and express my gratitude for their feedback and support.