- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Does Christina at last grow a spine?

As the darkening clouds began to roll into town Christina having spent half of the morning desperately trying to cope with what she had witnessed was crying under the bed sheets in the bedroom that used to be Justine's. Managing to pull herself out of bed she went to check on Kevin. He was looking sadly out the window just watching the ever darker clouds blanket the sky wondering if it was going to rain later.

Sitting on the edge of his bed trying to provide a warm comforting smile Christina asks, "Is there anything you need?"

Kevin though was thinking about how cold and harsh it must be for Justine. What was she eating and without shelter he couldn't help feeling like she must be suffering. He had felt powerless before, but somehow with her not even being able to come in to see him made things worse. Breaking his train of worrying thoughts over his sister he replies, "I would like to know what had you looking like the world is ending this morning when serving me breakfast. If you really are going to be more than just my caregiver then I have to know what is troubling you."

The guilt of keeping the truth was taking it's toll on Christina's conscience so trying to keep her composure in remembering what she had seen she says, "I know you won't like this, I wish it wasn't true and part of me wants to protect you from the truth forever, but that isn't right. What I have to tell you is Justine killed your father and today she killed people that attacked her while she was sleeping."

The only words Kevin really cared about dealt with his sister being attacked. Greatly concerned Kevin asks, "Is my sister hurt Christina and what do you mean by she killed people?"

Christina couldn't believe that the first he said was asking if his titanic man eating sister was alright. To her this was a foolish question even if she understood why he asked. Becoming slightly irritated she replies, "Justine has some cut's, but she will be fine. Those she fought though are dead, because she killed them all Kevin."

Those last words refused to be acknowledged by Kevin as his anger tightened into a targeted reply, "No, Justine would never kill anyone Christina."

This was even more hostile than Christina expected even taking into account how strongly he feels about her. Trying again to explain she carefully said, "Please Kevin listen to me, Justine told me she ate her father and I saw her kill people that were attacking her."

Kevin felt like he was cornered as his sister just couldn't have done such things, but he couldn't help to wonder for a moment if Christina could really lie about something like this. The thing of it was, Kevin just couldn't believe his own sister even had the capability of killing anyone. Clearly in his mind Christina had to be lying, he had no other choice as Justine was his saving angel and dear very precious sister who took his side when no one else would. Starting to become enraged at what he convinced himself to believe were lies Kevin yelled, "Stop outrageously slandering my sister, I could never believe she would ever eat a person or kill them."

Losing patience with his denials Christina snaps back saying, "It's not slander, Justine really has killed people and eaten them alive."

Now that this was getting heated Kevin knowing he wasn't going to believe Christina a girl he still didn't know well over his own sister said firmly, "Just get out Christina, I won't hear one more word of this and I don't want to see you until take back what you have said about my sister."

After Christina left the room Kevin's mind began working on excuses for what Justine might have done. He thought about their father and how honestly there were day's he wished the man would die. Still he believed in his sister and who she was, what Christina said didn't fit everything he knew about Justine. If Justine was attacked then maybe what Christina saw was her kill people by mistake with one of her massive feet. In any case Kevin wasn't going to entertain the thought Justine could ever commit murder or intentionally kill people.

Christina avoided speaking to Kevin for a while as she didn't want to take back what she had said. Time seemed to pass slowly and almost painfully before Christina realized it was nearly time to make lunch when her stomach loudly growled. Her mind pulled the memory of being pressed against Justine's belly hearing Justine's father scream behind the warm wall of flesh. The fear of being swallowed alive slowly crept back into her mind as she realized right now she and Kevin weren't on good terms. Not only that, but she had actually tried to tell him about what Justine has done despite being told not to.

The memory of John going into Justine's mouth was fresh on Christina's mind as that was a friend of Justine's reduced to being nothing more than food for crossing her. She feared greatly that the same fate could befall her if Justine ever talked to Kevin and found out that she had told him about her killing people. More than that after everything that has happened Christina thought she needed to figure out an insurance policy.

The idea she kept coming up with seemed cowardly, but she wasn't going to take any risk of being swallowed alive by Justine. With fear sinking into her bones Christina swallowed her pride as she entered Kevin's room. Shedding her pride Christina begins by saying, "I was wrong to say those thing's about Justine. It's just people in town talk and I wanted you to believe me. So please Kevin I don't want you mad at me and I don't want to be mad at you."

He knew something seemed slightly off, but Kevin's happiness knowing all of what she said were town rumors caused him to not question it. Forgiveness came naturally to him as he said, "I know you are afraid Christina and having to hear people making stuff up when going into town must get hard to ignore. But Justine needs our trust and support from both of us. I just hope no one else tries to hurt her and the town will be okay with her here."

While keeping a much more pleasant conversation going Christina couldn't keep an idea she had come up with out of her mind. It was rash and shameless, but copulating with Kevin to impregnate herself with his child began seeming like a good way to ensure Justine wouldn't hurt her or swallow her alive if she became angry. Despite thinking it was logical she wasn't quite ready though to shed that much of her dignity or give up her virginity.

Thinking some fresh berry's would be nice Christina left the house to go pick some for lunch unaware John was slowly and carefully moving though the trees hoping Justine isn't around. His desire for revenge had been festering for hours and soaking in the fact only memory's existed of his mother now. He couldn't kill Justine or at least he couldn't do it alone, but he knew of a way to truly make her pay that he could do on his own.

His mind was swarming with thought's of avenging his mother's death as he got closer to the house. Seeing the broken rear door way John easily entered the house while his blood pumped virtuously though his body like oil to fuel the deep anger incited within his heart. Slowly making his way toward the door to Kevin's bedroom he tightly gripped his right hand into a fist. Reaching for the nob to enter Kevin's room John now was embracing his deeply burning desires with rage infusing every fiber of his being.

After standing less than a foot away from the door he couldn't commit to touching the nob and turning it. Because once he opened that door it would be to kill helpless Kevin with his own pillow. More than that he would be slowly and painfully strangling the life out of him with his bare hands to make Justine pay for killing his mother. This thought caused a vindictive rush to pour into his mind as he thought about how Justine would come to feel his pain once she learned her brother was dead.

Yet he still hesitated not daring to touch the door nob as his conscience made it's resurgence desperately trying to stop him from killing a helpless innocent man. John then remembered what a priest who died a few years ago told him about evil in the world, (When the sickness of sin entered the world it created evil within the heart of mankind. Those like your father living a life of violence inflict this world with evil and much like other kinds of sickness evil spreads like wild fire though those that inflict pain upon others. In the end sin will devour this world one day, but no matter what evil people do remember you are always given the choice to do what is right and no one in this world can take that away from you.)

In this moment John realized what he was about to do was even worse than what Justine had done. He was about to kill someone completely helpless and innocent. If Justine was a monster for killing his mother that tried to attack her, what did planning on killing a innocent man make him. What kind of evil would he be spreading into this world already full of twisted dark horrifying things. Turning away from the door John knew he couldn't go though with murdering Kevin now.

Before leaving the house John couldn't believe that he was on the verge of doing something so cruel to a innocent helpless man. He could only beat himself up more realizing that killing Kevin would have put his younger sisters in danger of Justine's wrath. While walking home John feeling his mind clearing up as his anger slowly boiled off began to feel guilty about what he was going to do.

Meanwhile Justine a bit after noon arrived at Sarah's house hoping she doesn't terrify her whole family as she sat quietly in the front waiting. She also hoped her stomach wouldn't start growling again as this was getting close to the time she would be eating lunch at normal size. Feeling guilty about what she has done Justine's interest in eating was nearly none even as she started feeling powerful hunger pangs.

Sarah wearing a simple blue dress came out staring at Justine's colossal beautiful towering figure still not only impressed, but fascinated by how large Justine was just sitting in front of her house miniaturized by her presence in comparison. Some of her brothers looking out the windows seemed very fascinated with the titanic girl gracefully sitting in the front yard. Sarah's mother came out running after her and said calling out to her, "Get back in the house, you don't know what that abomination might do to you."

As Justine sat barely managing to understand most of what Sarah's mother had said felt miserable over the fact people kept objectifying her as nothing more than a monster for the way she existed now as a giant. Sarah turning around to her mother softly says, "I am sorry mother, but I won't abandon my friend who I care for deeply."

Knowing her daughter wasn't likely going to back down she replies concerned, "Sarah just please be careful"

As Sarah's mother reluctantly withdrew into the house Justine offered her open palm for Sarah to stand on. Being slow and gentle Justine brought Sarah to her face trying her best to hide the deep sorrow behind the smile she was putting on. With sadness infused into her tone Justine begins by saying, "I have done horrible things that I don't want you to hear from someone else. I know you will likely hate me once I tell you, but I can't keep the truth from you."

Hearing those words while looking at her friends massive face filled with sorrow had Sarah trying hard to be upbeat as she said, "We have known each other since we were seven Justine, so no matter you have done I couldn't hate you."

Starting to cry Justine managed to reply, "You don't understand Sarah, I was attacked by a group of men this morning and what I did to them was horrible."

Though Sarah never thought Justine would hurt anyone looking at the cut's upon her body she couldn't blame Justine for defending herself. In Sarah's mind Justine was likely punishing herself over doing what anyone would have done. Concerned about her friend Sarah said tenderly, "I am sorry those men hurt you and I know you must have been scared. Anyone wouldn't know what to do if they became a giant like you and whatever you did to those men you only did because they scared you."

The temptation to believe she only acted in fear entered Justine's mind before crying her eye's out as she replied with deep regret in her tone, "Sarah, it wasn't just fear...........it was also anger that caused me to kill those men that attacked me because it feels like the world hate's me for existing. There is no where I can go without someone who sees me screaming witch or monster as they run away. I can't even pee without someone watching me and making me feel like this monster everyone needs to hate. Now....... I feel like the world is right to hate me after what I have done."

Sarah was frankly shocked once Justine said she killed people. Covering her mouth for a moment she took in this reality of what her friend had done into her mind. Seeing her enormous friend cry reminded her that Justine was still human despite what she had done. Sympathizing with her guilt Sarah trying to be compassionate says, "What you did was wrong, but I don't hate you. Right now I want to help you in anyway I can and hear you out because I can't imagine what this must be like for you."

Justine was glad Sarah seemed to understand her and was beyond grateful Sarah didn't come to hate her. She felt her stomach getting impatient as it let out a loud moan demanding her to eat something soon. Knowing Sarah could hear that caused Justine to be embarrassed as her cheeks slightly flushed. Eating though was the last thing on her mind as she thought about what she wanted to say next.

Replying to her caring friend Justine still struggling with remorse said, "If only thing's had been different, maybe I wouldn't have been so angry this morning and spared those men. I know they only attacked me because there afraid of me just like everyone else is. After killing more than ten people how can I forgive myself Sarah, I cried for hour's in the wood's and it still doesn't feel like I can live with myself."

This was getting more intense than Sarah could have ever guessed when she got up this morning. Her friend just confessed to killing more than 10 people and is asking her how to deal with it. Justine had shared a number of secrets with her and talked about the beating's her father gave to her. She knew how much pain Justine had endured in this life and how after seeing so many more people reject her lashing out was natural. Still this was hard for Sarah to process and she couldn't help feeling Justine had lost a part of her kind sprint she had always known.

Trying to support her friend Sarah having thought for some time what she should say softly said with reassurance, "I won't tell you things will be easy, but you deserve to still have happiness. I honestly believe you are the same good person I have always known and even if everyone else hate's you I will still love you like I always have because I know together we can get though this no matter what."

A small smile started to form on Justine's face as she took great comfort in the fact Sarah wasn't going to abandon her. Still she worried as Sarah didn't know yet about her eating people. Part of her wanted to tell Sarah and confirm if she would stick with her after knowing she had killed in such a gruesome fashion. Thinking it could be kept from her at least for a while longer as Justine tried her hardest to push aside those concerns she said, "I don't think a more gentle soul exist in this world as you never rush to blame others nor are you quick to judge. Most people aren't as forgiving and kind as you are and I could never thank you enough for what you have done for me over the year's. Really Sarah I honestly don't know what I would do without you."

After keeping the conversation going a while longer Sarah tells Justine there are thing's she needs to get done so after being put down carefully Justine begins her walk toward the river to drink again. After that she planned on trying to see Mark. Remembering her other friends Justine couldn't help wondering if any of them who didn't know she had grown yet would stick by her or come to only see her as a monster.

Chapter End Notes:

 

Well that was a close one, will that be the last time Kevin is threatened or just the begining?