- Text Size +

An hour and a half later, Deziree finally released him. She was kind enough to fix his burns, but he could still feel the heat under his skin as he made his way back into block C. He entered the cell, and everyone lifted their heads to regard him.


"Back so soon?" Oddy asked, giving a friendly smile.


David said nothing, just laying down on his bunk and turning away from them. His response didn't sit well with Sebastian, who got up and stood over him.


"Hey! You show some respect around here when someone talks to you!" He said, giving the bunk a shake. David remained silent.


"The fact that you came back at all today means that you didn't have it too hard. You got no bruises or anything, so before you come back here and cry, you need to count your blessings." He finished, giving the bunk one last above before he sat back down in the corner.


"Ease off of him Sebastian, this effects everyone differently." Oddy said, forgiving David's disrespect. They left him be until an hour later when David couldn't hold back anymore.


"I. . . . I saw Edward." He said quietly, without turning to face them.


"What did you just say?" Sebastian asked, he had a tone of anger and disbelief in his voice.


"I saw him. . . . He was with Deziree." David said again.


"And was he. . . . .did he say anything?" Sebastian continued.


"He. . . .was unconscious." David answered, picking his words carefully.


"But do you think he was broken!?" Sebastian inquired, standing now.


"I mean. . . . He. . . .at least everyone else there was anyway.


"Shit!" Sebastian screamed, punching the wall and kicking the toilet tank, the lid coming off and shattering on the floor.



"Sebastian, you need to calm the fuck down! Your gonna get Sadie in here!" Jessie said urgently, trying to calm him down.


Sebastian had tears in his eyes now. "What was the fucking cunt making him do?" Sebastian demanded. "Tell me the truth."


". . . Sebastian I. . "


"I SAID TELL ME THE FUCKING TRUTH! Sebastian screamed, loud enough for the other blocks to hear him. He rushed David, rolling him over and grabbing his throat.

David struggled against him, both the men causing a commotion. They rolled onto the floor, the bunk rocking and slamming back down. By this time, Jessie and Oddy were working to separate them, while the men in the other blocks urged them to be quiet, but it was too late.

Everything went dead silent as the ground tremored. There was a pause, before another thunder and another, getting closer each time. It suddenly came to a stop what seemed like behind the back wall of the cell.

Oddy and Jessie had backed away and up against the walls. The young kid cowered under his covers. Sebastian had stopped fighting, and just stared up at the ceiling in terror.

David soon found out why and what the noise was, as the ceiling was lifted like a lid, and above them was a massive, but petite built blonde. She had on big black framed glasses, and her hair was in a ponytail. She wore a grey college sweater and had on black leggings. She appeared like a stereotypical secretary or librarian.

The woman glared in at all of them, a definite look of distaste read on her face.

"What the fuck is going on here!?" She said, her tone was very annoyed and very bitchy.

"Look Sadie, I-" Sebastian began before she completely cut him off.

"Shut the FUCK up, Sebastian! Dez tells me that you have been more of a little asshole than normal lately and I already WAS sick of your shit!" She said, dominating the conversation.

"We were just having a talk, I swear to god!" Sebastian lied, trying desperately to stay out of trouble.

"Eh-eh, I don't care what the fuck you were doing. I'm trying to unwind and enjoy my time off, but I can't because some little dipshit. . . Thinks he needs to be screaming and making a scene!" She shouted at him.

David found it odd and slightly outputting that someone so cute, had such a mouth on her.

"Please Sadie, if you just let it sli-" he began.

"I don't fucking think so! You're long overdue for a little attitude adjustment. Get over here!" She said as she reached in with a perfectly manicured hand. Her pointed nails were painted an elegant blood red. . . Fitting.

She snatched Sebastian up in her fist, leaving David laying on the floor, before she hauled him up and out like an alien abduction. Then she spoke to the rest of them.

"All the rest of you tiny pricks, this cell had better be spotless by the time I bring this trash back. . . . .IF I bring him back. The way Dez was talking, "Sebastian" might not be too long for this world. " she laughed to herself as she said this, before slamming the ceiling back down on them and stomping away.

"Who the hell was that?" David asked, his eyes wide with fear.

"That little ball of joy was Sadie." Jessie said as he backed off the wall. " but you guys have already met, you just don't recall it. David had no idea what he was talking about.

"Think of her as the warden of this fine little prison, although she has other duties too." Oddy explained. "She keeps track of everyone and makes sure that every different job around the house gets done and gets done right. But even more importantly, she is the one who does the kidnapping of the men to replenish the blocks for both Deziree and mistress Cynthia."

"But wouldn't I remember seeing her or something? How have they been getting away it, with this many men going missing?" David wanted to know.

"The first thing you need to understand, is that they are witches. . . . Nothing is out of the realm of possibility. The spell she uses to initially capture you, also wipes your memory. " Jessie explained. "As for the missing men. . . . Every few years an over-eager policeman or up-start detective decides to ask questions but it never ends well. Somehow the trail leads here, but with the magic cloaking this place, the search always comes up empty. If they persist, most times the ladies will throw caution to the wind and just abduct them and they end up down here as toys with the rest of us. But let me tell you. . . . . The authoritative cop routine doesn't often go over too well with Deziree, and a lot of them end up broken."

David had picked himself up, and had begun to help pick up the pieces of porcelain from the floor.

"Edward is a sore subject for Sebastian. They were close in here. We were a block that has been together longer than most. . . One day, we were on standard cleaning duty in Deziree's living quarters while she was around. She had done something that Sebastian thought was humorous, and so he made a joke. . . . The joke made her mad, but Edwards laughter made her more mad. She lashed out at him, stomping him into the floor. . . . And when she brought him back. . . . .he never really came back." Oddy explained quietly as they finished picking up the pieces and threw them in the garbage.

"Umm, How. . . . How does Sebastian know that he might break?" David asked.

"That day in the colosseum, when Deziree brutalized us. She had killed him, I'll spare you the details. . . .but when she brought him back, he got stuck half way between back and broken. For a minute and a half he wouldn't respond to either us, nor Deziree. Finally his soul picked a side. The next time may very well be his last, because we have been worked too hard for me to have time to strengthen his soul again." Oddy said, leaning back against the wall.

"What do you mean you can strengthen his soul?"

" my tribe in Africa is a lesser form of magic user. We are nowhere the level of full blown witches, but the magic does lend itself to us in limited supply." Oddy said. "Those blankets you see there, they help to keep your bind strong. Without them, you would lose more of yourself when you died in here."

"Does. . . .does Deziree know about you?!" David asked, suddenly whispering.

Oddy and Jessie laughed together.

"Of course they can feel me. But it's in the way that you feel a bug bite, or some other minimal uncomfort. Deziree has found many other creative ways to crush me over the years. Wasting magic directly isn't necessary here."

They were silent for some time before David spoke.

"So, what is that woman's deal? What is she doing to Sebastian?"

"Sadie is kind of like the enforcer around here. She keeps the slaves in line when they are in the blocks and punishes us when Deziree or mistress Cynthia don't have the time or desire to do it, respectively."

"So you're saying that mistress Cynthia isn't. . . Isn't evil and violent like her daughter?"

"She's. . . . More mature. She doesn't take outright pleasure in our domination and humiliation like Deziree does." Jessie said, thinking about it.

"And Sadie?"

"Sadie ranks up there with Deziree in terms of unfavorable personality traits. Her style is different though. More efficient if you will. Holding your bones on the verge of breaking. Keeping your body on the cusp of being flattened. She WILL break you, but most days she WON'T kill you. She thinks it's a waste of magic bringing us back. That is where she doesn't see eye to eye with Deziree, but she does have to respect her wishes."

Somewhere outside of the cells, Sebastian was getting the full Sadie experience.


Sadie's mood changed with the wind. Some days she got straight into the torture, other days she liked to scrap with the slaves first. Though she never really used the slaves directly for her pleasure, it gave her a pure adrenaline rush to beat a man into submission with her bare hands.


The latter is where Sebastian found himself. They squared off in Sadie's personal work out room. Unlike Deziree, who often created environments with her magic, Sadie preferred it real. The room had weights and an elliptical machine in the corner. One wall was solid mirrors and her yoga mats were rolled up in the corner. The floor was hardwood, but she layed out padded mats when she planned to get rough, as not to get any blood on the floor.


Sadie didn't even bother to change out of her casual wear as she walked into the work out room and slammed the door. She tossed Sebastian on the floor like a piece of trash, sizing him up as he fell. He hit the ground right below breast height on the 5'3 blonde.


He stood up, pissed off and ready to fight. The chances of him beating her were slim to none, but his mind was blinded with rage at getting treated like garbage by Sadie and Deziree alike. Sadie kicked off her flats and took off her glasses, casually walked to the center of the mat.


Sebastian didn't even wait for her to get ready. He charged her and took a big swing at her face. Sadie easily dodged it and the momentum caused Sebastian to spin, turning his back to her. She took advantage, wrapping her forearm around his throat, and leaning back, lifting the smaller man off his feet in a choke hold.


"You're not off to a very good start little man!" Sadie said as she strangled him. He fought and clawed at her sweater sleeves but couldn't get free. When his struggles subsided she finally released him, shoving him to the mat with a dull thud.


Sadie wasn't there to spar, so instead of letting him catch any breath, she walked up beside him, and knelt, grabbing a handful of his blonde hair. She stood, hauling him to his feet. She prepared for her next move, but Sebastian wasn't as tired as she had thought and he surprised her with an elbow to the stomach. She was only caught off guard, and released his hair.


He followed it up, charging her again, this time putting his arms out to tackle her. She easily countered him, grabbing his arms and grappling him. Sebastian tried to push her, but the weight difference and the effects of getting constantly roughed up over the past month took their toll, and all of Sadie's 115 lbs stopped him in his tracks.


Sebastian knew he was in trouble as he tried to pull his arms back, but Sadie wouldn't release them. She only smiled as he tried again to pull himself free, before using some of her witch strength to yank him off of his feet. She spun him to her left, and slammed him into the mat with brutal force, still holding his arms. Sebastian had the wind knocked out of him and coughed and gagged on the ground.


Again, Sadie brought him to his feet, although he had to lean on her for support. She allowed him to clinch briefly before she decided it was time for his punishment to begin. Grabbing a fist full of his hair with her left hand, she pulled his head back. Sebastian was too winded to react as she raised her right fist and smashed it into his face.


His body told him to drop, but Sadie wouldn't let him fall. She continued to hold his head as she reared back for another blow. Her fist collided with his face again, spraying some blood from his nose. This time, Sebastian blacked out completely, going limp. Sadie released him, letting him drop to the ground on his face. With that last punch, Sadie had officially clobbered Sebastian's will to fight. It would be nothing more than groveling and begging from here on out.