- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

 



The Federation Chronicles

Olympus Colony

Chapter 8 Plan C








"I'll put 50 credits on my little champion." Smiled the beautiful blonde woman in the military uniform.
 
 
 
 
 
Fayaa frowned... That only left her the three other humans and they looked a bit scared and malnourished.
 
 
 
The odds were 2 to one in favor of Ilsa's champion even with him being outnumbered like he was.
 

 
 
Fayaa was here to talk more than anything else so if it cost her fifty credits to do it, so what.
 
 
 
 
"Ok, fifty on the scrawny rodents, who are most likely to lose anyway.... One of these days Ilsa, I'm going to have a champion who will beat yours to a pulp and we'll see whose smiling then."





Ilsa wasn't worried though.. "Well, it's been over a year since you've had anyone even close to being able to challenge my little stud so I think I can just keep grinning at you for now. He, he. By the way, nice toga Fayaa!"




Fayaa wasn't happy with the crack and countered.






"Oh we can't all have the luxury of being in the Empresses armed forces like you are. Some of us civilians must wear what the Federation requires us to. Besides, I see those sweat rings in your arm pits.. You can't be that comfortable now are you really?" The security chief smiled.




"Oh shut up Fayaa, your just jealous because I get to look normal and you have to play the historical role of ancient Titans.. I suppose it might look nice at a dinner ball but that charm must wear off eventually."




Fayaa continued to tease.




"Ohh, but I'm not sweating right now, now am I? Ha, ha, ha."




Ilsa felt a tugging at her jacket sleeve and looked down to her daughter.. No more than just over a Titan year in age. With blond pigtails and a virtual look alike albeit in smaller form of her mother.






"Mom, can I play with Targ after he bashes the humans heads in?" The girl smiled menacingly with hopeful anticipation up at her mother.





"Just go get a human or two from the plantation and use them as dolls like you normally do Rhoda.. Targ is too vauluable honey poo. Besides, you already have an Orc in your right hand, remember? Now stop pestering me so that we can watch our warrior win."




Rhoda sulked and took her frustration out on a pet Orc already stuffed within her fleshy fist who she had been occupying her bored time with, teasing it as the grown ups were speaking to each other.






The Orc looked up in fright having been in this position where Rhoda didn’t get her way before. Immobilized by the thick soft digits that restrained him. Her other hand moved towards him with a middle finger bend back over her thumb like a spring loaded dart straining for release and edging closer to his face.





The Orc already had one broken fang and bruises on his face from previous abuses and could only squirm and yipe as the cocked middle finger came closer to his head.






"Bad little Dorgi. Bad, bad. And bad little Orcs get punished"





With that childish chiding she let the potential energy that was stored up in her cocked finger loose by flicking him in his skull knocking his lights out in the process, like a cruel child would do to an insect of torture, and then stuffing his unconscious form into her pocket in order to watch the main event with her mother. Dorgi the Orc being quickly forgotten as her excited attention was drawn to the event below her and her mother.





The two older ladies turned their attention briefly to the arena ring where the contestants were preparing for battle.






Ilsa's champion was a thick muscled Orc who relished his job and trained for the blood sport constantly. A true professional gladiator.






The other three humans had been grabbed at random from the plantation and delivered to today's festivities.





They had each been given a rounded shield. With each having short thrusting swords and nothing more.






Ilsa's champion had real armor covering his head, chest, back, shins, and arms. His long yellow tusks protruding menacingly from the visor of his face plate.






The humans were out classed from the start. They were each a head shorter and half his mass at that and not trained to gladiatorial combat.






So the champion was able to show off for Ilsa, Fayaa, and the other well to do Titans who had placed their bets for the event.





Three concentric rings of bleachers were filled with the Titans who had come to gamble on the blood sport.




There had been other events prior to this main one as well, like humans against Shaars and humans against Shiliths always with disastrous consequences for the humans involved.






But the highest volume of betting always came down to the brutal Orcs against the humans with the humans seldom gaining the upper hand against the larger and more aggressive species of humanoids.





And Ilsa had her prized champion, Karg. Undefeated even amongst the other Orcs that they threw at him who was now setting about his craft, attacking the scared humans who had no choice but to fight for their lives or die at the end of his spiked mace that was swung at them with a terrible force now.





It was not long before the first human's head was smashed into pieces. An uproar from the entertained crowd made it difficult for the two woman to communicate.






"Gleebo wants us to organize against the humans before they can organize against us. So I need you to start training your Orcs in urban warfare, because we can stomp all of the crowds that we see, but somebody will still have to drive them out of their hovels when push comes to shove.





I'll get some Educators to the plantation to help you with the training."






Ilsa was nonplused...






"I'll need time Fayaa. The Orcs, though aggressive enough to carry out any type of interdiction that you may need are slow learners. It will take me several weeks to get them organized into a military force, rather than the guards that they presently function as. Goddess knows it took me over a year just to keep them from eating them on site"





"Well the humans are organizing Ilsa." Spoke Fayaa as she distractedly watched Karg smash another human into a bloody mess in the arena, causing another annoyingly loud round of cheers.




"I'm doing what I can to counter it but the majority are insisting upon worshiping Glendoria's staff and that gives our Viceroy a bigger say in what happens here then you might have realized. If we lose the workforce to them then we'll have to concede to their crazy demands which means that their production levels will fall which will in turn mean a lot of our jobs.. Including yours my dear friend.






They even have the crazy idea that the humans should enjoy equal status to Titans! Whatever will we do then? Cater to their every beck and call? Give them wages and grow them ectoberries to eat on Soldays?"






Ilsa thought deeply for a moment.... "What if I also trained a police force to take some of the burden off of your peacekeepers and then we could intimidate them even more that way. Our police force will be used as an instrument of terror to keep them in line! They are already half trained to police as it is over at the plantation."





Fayaa liked the idea and nodded in agreement. "Ok, that could work in the short term, our anthropologist ladies will get a thrill out of studying your guards I'm sure, but we'll need you to get that urban strike force trained too just in case things take a turn for the worse."






Both women evilly smiled to one another as the crowd of Titans cheered for the final time as the last human succumbed to the wounds that Karg had delivered to.





Ilsa smiled again as she held out her hand to receive the credits that Fayaa now owed her.









*************








Mir regarded the fragile metal object that Mara had warned her about. She would follow her instructions and make her employer grateful.





Going directly to the table she pulled up a chair and sat in front of the silent craft. It was time to be direct and firm.







"Little pet of Mara. You are being disobedient and your master wants you to come out so that she can help you. And if you will not come out. I am going to get you out of there by force if necessary.






So be a good little pet and come out now so that I don't have to scare you with a forceful extraction. ..."






Yegori heard the thunderous ultimatum that rang and vibrated throughout his entire capsule.




He was tired, thirsty, and hungry. And now above all he was scared too.







Gripping his pistol he belted in and waited for the inevitable to happen... Would his capsule keep this new Giantess at bay? He didn't think so after the last one simply tore his door away as if it were a chewing gum wrapper.






He had ten rounds. He figured he'd fire one into the beings finger to test if it had any effect. If so, he'd fire some more at her. If not, he'd simply hide it and use it again in the future if a situation warranted it. It was all the options that he was left with at this point...






Mir impatiently drummed her fingers on the laminated counter.. This was going to probably go down the hard way. But he was just a pet after all. Or at least that's what Mara had told her that he was. And if this was true then she'd have to do this in a way that caused him the least amount of physical trauma....






Then, an idea hit her.... A splendid idea indeed.





Mir ran back to her personal quarters and dug something out of her personal travel bag....




In a small bag was a recreational plant that she liked to smoke from time to time. It was called Ganja. .. It had a very pungent sweet odor to it. And it created a lot of smoke when lit. "This would do the trick indeed!" She smiled.







Grabbing a utility pen, some rolling papers, and small portion of the of the dried plant, she quickly rolled up a cigarette and ran back into the living room where the bar style table that connected it to the kitchen was. Of which Yegori's capsule presently remained.






Yegori had the gun pointed at the hole that used to be a door and waited for his chance to see if the Giantess would bleed.






But instead of fingers snaking their way into the opening a big cloud of smoke entered instead... It was so thick that he couldn't even see. He quickly deduced that he'd need his emergency oxygen mask but he was belted into his seat as he didn't expect this type of attack.







But unbelt he would have to do and did. Putting his side arm behind his back upon the seat he tried to find through a strong fit of coughs the top part of the capsule. But as he climbed he noticed that there was absolutely no air near the top and would not make it without passing out. In fact the densest concentration of smoke had already floated up to that area of the capsule.






He would need to stick his head out of the opening and get a clean whiff of air in order to make another go at it. .. By the time his head was leaning out of the opening he was being inundated with a fresh puff of very thick smoke causing him to almost pass out from the lack of oxygen.






Now He would need to climb out in order to find fresh air. But something else was happening too. Through the thick sweetly odor he noticed that his state of mind was quickly beginning to distort. His worries faded and his lips turned upwards into a smile as he started to climb down the service ladder looking for that all important breath of fresh air.






A few steps down and he was hit with another blast of the noxious smoke.







*****************












Mir was having fun getting the errant pet stoned. Filling his capsule up with smoke she knew it was only a matter of time before it flushed him right out of there which it did. When she saw his tiny little head poke out she simply hit him with another blast not daring to inhale until her task was accomplished.






Once he climbed out and started down the ladder looking to escape her narcotic puffs of smoke she giggled with glee as she decided to blast him again.. This was getting fun! She wondered how far he would make it before he was too stoned to even function. Making her job a hell of a lot easier.







Letting him get to the base of the ladder where his boots made contact with the linoleum service she hit him with another blast from her lips sealing his fate.






It was with this last blast that he fell to his hands and knees trying desperately to breath in fresh air. To which she took pity and allowed him to do so as she didn't want to suffocate him after all.






When he had somewhat regained his bearings and was looking around Mir hit him with a final blast of smoke through her giggles sending him into another row of coughing fits.






By the time the smoke had dispersed, Yegori was completely incapacitated.




All that he could do was sit upon his behind and slowly look around him in a dazed fashion.






"Best damned Ganja money can buy, huh little man?" Mir said aloud smiling at her victory.






It was then just a simple matter of gently pinching him up with her middle finger and thumb about his ribs to lift him to her face and regard him.






With a smile of victory she moved the tiny dazed cosmonaut over to the glass pet case and decided to remove his clothing. After all, domesticated pets usually didn't wear them anyway. And Mir decided that whatever game of dress up he had been playing with Mara was long since over once he had stubbornly refused to leave the strange old fashioned looking capsule as Mara had explained.






So, after tearing his pressure suit and boots away from his body she gently lowered the nonresistant and drugged cosmonaut down upon the bed within. She even placed and rolled the blanket over him before putting the top back on the case.






"Have a nice evening little pet. I wont even charge you for the half a joint that I just used on you, he, he, he."





Next Mir went to the utility closet and activated a cleaning machine of a brand that she was well acquainted with and began removing all trace of the pungent odor from the room. Once done with that small task she decided to retire to her own personal quarters and finish the rest of her joint.






Yegori could only lay on the bed and stare into the room with its human sized accommodations. There was a large black flat screen against the wall. A toilet, shower pad, sink, and a box on the far side that looked like some sort of advanced climate control that had what appeared to be some type of aluminum duct that went through the glass and outside, perhaps to draw fresh air or vent it to.






But soon, his clouded mind drifted off into another peaceful sleep.