- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

The Federation Chronicles

Olympus Colony

Chapter 10 Uncomfortable Allies





Glendoria made her way out of the state governmental building with her purse slung over her shoulder.. It looked more like a water skin than anything else due to regulation décor but it still served the same purpose and held just as much as a normal purse would including her tiny passenger who she had only just now remembered on her way to have his semi-annual physical.




She’d need to bring their new guest here soon too once things had settled down some and he had acclimated. Getting him out of the capsule was the first hurdle and she was sure that it could be done without causing him too much trauma.. She just had to stay on top of things in the meantime. Her younger sister could be quite the devious one with her high intelligence and one had to get up early in the morning in order to get ahead of her.




As Glendoria walked through the market district she noticed that everything looked as a high end colony should.. With shops and trading kiosks strewn across the sidewalks. Futuristic buildings rose up high into the air, and although not skyscrapers, formidable in their own right.




*******




Derrick for his part was cramped within a small cardboard box. Every time the Titaness took a carefree step her hanging pouch would slam against her hip causing Derrick to do the same within the box.. It was very hot and dark too. He had no frame of reference which made motion sickness an ever recurrent threat, to lead to fits of vomiting from time to time depending on how long the trip would last. With just the constant method of being slammed against the thick paper walls to remind him that they were on the move. He absolutely hated to travel as a result of this.




Glendoria continued on her way to the medical facility noticing scampering wild humans running hither and there amongst the food stalls. She recalled that the hungrier that they got, the more daring they became in sneaking out of the arena and attempting theft at the markets as dangerous as that was for them. This she vowed would be brought up at the next board meeting.. A raising of the work food rations. It was the obvious solution that Ilse kept bucking on the grounds that they would lose their incentive to work if they had too many calories in their diet. At present it was at 1800. But Glendoria wanted it increased to at least 2500 due to the long days of constant manual labor that the work camp demanded.




Making sure that there were no hover craft lumbering dangerously along, she was just about ready to cross the street with her destination just on the other side when a large portly looking Titaness wrapped in a dirty white apron with a blue flowered bandanna upon her head that matched the color of her eyes growled out loud while stomping her foot.




"Little thieves! Take that, and that, and that!"




Glendoria hurried back to a stall of red tomatoes to try and engage what she feared was already too late.




Rounding the corner the heavyset middle aged lady was already scraping the remains of her last victim off of the bottom of her dirty leather sandal.




Glendoria looked down at the carnage that had passed.. Three horrible gore spots with burlap clothing twisted in amongst them. Obviously, three now deceased humans who had just died in a horrible fashion.




Glendoria cleared her throat in order to get the attention of the murderess. When the angered lady looked up her eyes widened. And then returned to their normal state.




"Viceroy.. Have you come to buy some fresh organic tomatoes? Hopefully not to steal any like these little rodents who I just dispatched tried?"




Glendoria got within a couple inches of the lady’s face, making sure to not step into the small fist sized pools of gore.




"Was that really necessary? Killing them? They’re just hungry. What would you do if you were worked half to death and starving? Perhaps go scavenging for food?




The merchant’s eyes narrowed as she looked up at the taller public official. A scowl forming upon her face. Her hands went to her hips in a universal dig in fashion of posture.




"I haven’t broken any laws Miss Viceroy. You know as well as I do that if they are caught committing a level two criminal act that they may be exterminated. The decree came out just yesterday by the way. So I haven’t broken any laws.. And if you don’t get out of my face, I’ll be forced to report you for harassment... Viceroy..."




Glendoria had read the new edict and had planned to overturn it with her friends in the committee and barring that, veto it at the next official board meeting. But in the meantime the lady was indeed within her rights due to the Security Chief’s new directive, no doubt endorsed by the Floor Speaker Gleebo herself .




"Perhaps you are within your rights Miss, but was it truly necessary? Couldn’t you have just put out a bowl of hemper seeds or pomeral flax? Anything? Besides murdering them?"




The merchant looked at Glendoria as if she had three eyes.




"Murder a human? When you shoot a Shaar in a wood pile is that considered murder? When you kill a Yalaebian rat for chewing a hole through your wall is that murder? Until the law tells me otherwise I will act in accordance with what it says today..




I caught them sawing off a piece of one of my tomatoes right within my reserve inventory basket under this very table making it useless to me now. I’d be glad to say that I was sorry for ending their miserable wrenched lives, if you can call what they do living. But if you were to be so kind as to make up for my loses say.. Ten fold?"




The lady made a bright toothy smile, proud of her sarcastic joke.




Glendoria forced herself to smile sweetly back even in lieu of the fact that it burned her cheeks to do so.




"Ok, I’ll buy ten tomatoes right now. Of course not at your inflated rate which I do notice is of an illegal ordinance amount. The exchange was one credit or less per vegetable food item when I checked things this morning and you have yours at 1.25 credits a full twenty five percent into the illegal category. But buy them I will, just to hear you say what you’ve just threatened to say."




Glendoria produced ten credits and handed them over to the lady’s plump hand.




The merchant’s hateful face was easily discernable as she put ten ripe tomatoes into a plastic bag and handed them over to the Viceroy.




A muffled apology was given as she was turning to reorganize her display.




"What did you say oh merchant of price gouging? I didn’t quite hear you?"




The large lady spun around and spitted her words at the taller lady.




"I said I was sorry.... Human lover!"




Glendoria smiled in victory.




"If I hear about you killing anymore of them I shall remember this offense which I just recorded with my data link device and have you placed into the penal colony over on the southern tip of Hispania faster than a Tup Shaka in a full out sprint."




Glendoria turned on her heal intent on leaving the bigot behind to clean up the bloody mess that she was now standing in. Furious at how things still were in spite of her efforts to sway the masses to the contrary.




z88;




*******




A fifty something lady with short white icey hair that pointed up in sharp spikes adhering together with gel in a lab coat of a identical color greeted the Viceroy as the nurse led her inside of the care unit.




"Hello Viceroy, you’re right on time. Did you bring your pet for his check up?"




"I sure did Dr. Crausey. And how have you been lately?"




Glendoria spoke her greetings as she fished out of her travelling pouch the carrying box that contained Derrick and casually placed it upon a steel sterile table. Unhinging the cheap little metal clasp on the cardboard door so that Derrick could exit.




Derrick didn’t waist any time exiting the box, squinting at the bright lights around him not being able to see much of anything at this point.




Before he knew what was happening though, he was engulfed within the Doctor’s fist and swung over to another table that had other instruments upon it.




"Oh, I’ve been quite busy lately with the latest directives that have come down the line. The peacekeepers, keep bringing me their convict humans to euthenize. Got a whole batch of them waiting in the infirmary right now just like the last batch that I collected. Did you want them now or after the examination?"




The doctor looked over at the Viceroy with a knowing smile. Glendoria had been arriving once a week to take a whole container full in order to sneak them back to the arena and let them loose. The two had agreed on this arrangement months ago. It didn’t matter who they were to the Viceroy either, everyone got rescued as far as she was concerned.. She figured the humans would sort out their own to whatever offense the culprits were guilty of if any.




Many humans were simply found on a Titan’s property and handed over to the Vetinarian office as per Gendoria’s repatriation decree. But with the peacekeepers and Speaker Gleebo’s directives it was getting more difficult to keep the colonists from taking matters into their own hands. The merchant just a few moments earlier being a stark reminder of how the situation was rapidly deteriorating as of late.




Glendoria watched the senior Veterinarian decloth Derrick as they made small talk with a few practiced movements of her fingers. Derrick, not being consulted or given the opportunity to do so on his own. Glen decided that it was best to pick and choose her battles, and having the Vet service cooperating with her humanitarian efforts was enough for now. Making an argument over whether a human needed to be asked to disrobe before just doing it could wait for another day far down the road. One battle at a time she reasoned.




Dr. Crausey sat down upon a comfortable chair and set Derrick’s cloths to the side. She then placed him within a aqua colored plastic bowl with a pink solution in it and dunked him within. Derrick could be seen taking a deep breath before going under.. Accustomed as he was to this procedure by now.




When he came out of the thick antibacterial liquid he was dunked a couple more times and them wrapped within a clean hand cloth only to be rubbed between the Giantesses fingers until she was satisfied that he was dry.




Then she began physically examining him. Every inch of his body was squeezed and prodded by her finger tips.. Even his manhood was probed and kneaded to the Doctor’s satisfaction. She asked him to cough a couple of times while she checked his privates for any evidence of a hernia.




Next she spread his hind quarters apart and penetrated his anus with a que-tip looking stick before extracting it and swabbing the outer most regions of that orifice as well. Then inserted it into a shoebox sized instrument which gave her a computer read out.




Once this embarrassing phase was over the Doctor moved the same instrument over his body and asked him to lie still and flat on his back which the nude Derrick obediently did.




Both ladies could see his body with several colors representing different organs.. The doctor noticed something and made a remark to his owner.




"I can see a 20 percent plaque build up in his right mitral valve.... You’ll want to take him off of sugars for about three months or more. I’ll give him a shot that will take that out of his heart vessel for now and thin his blood to the extent that he can pass it away through his urinary tract.




Been feeding him too many tasty treats lately, huh Viceroy?"




Glendoria giggled with the doctor as she moved the machine away and grabbed a syringe. She then got up and walked over to a glass cabinet where the heart medication was.




Glendoria looked at Derrick as he looked back at her with pleading eyes... Glen softly told him that is was almost over and to just hang in there a little bit longer. Taking a finger and rubbing it against the side of his face.




The doctor plopped back down in her chair and then rolled Derrick onto this belly. Then she cleaned his right hind cheek with a small cloth drenched in a substance that numbed the skin before placing her right hand fingers upon his back in order to steady him. Experience had taught her that many humans would get up and attempt to run in a blind panic at this point so it was always best to physically subdue them at this juncture of a proceeding. With her left hand she quickly without warning inserted the needle and plunged the medication into his behind.




Derrick could be seen gritting his teeth and squinting his eyes shut with pain as the doctor set the syringe aside and began massaging his buttocks in order to relieve his discomfort some.




"There we go little Derrick. See, that wasn’t so horrible. And the big bad doctor will help you with the boo boo too." She cooed as she continued to massage his backside.




Then without any notice she simply plucked him up and placed him in the palm of her hand to begin rubbing his sore spot once more. As she massaged him Glendoria decided it was a good time to tell her about another potential guest who was on the way over to her lab.




"Well Dr. Crausey, I might have another human for you to examine in a few days.. It depends on how quickly he comes along. I’m trying to ease him into things as it is now."




Dr. Crausey looked somewhat perplexed as she used her index finger to flip Derrick onto his back only to begin massaging his body as one might clean spots off of a drinking glass with soap spots to be rubbed away.




"That’s odd.. If it’s a human you just bring him over and I do my job. Are you trying to be shy about obtaining a second pet? You know, I have two little studs back at my apartment right now waiting for me to come home so that they can give me the best foot massage that money can buy. I’ve trained them very well you know."




Both ladies had another snicker with that gross bit of intimate information.




"No doctor.. I’m not doing that. Besides it will be my younger sister who will be bringing him in. He will belong to her. But he’s a special case... He’s actually from Earth."




The doctor’s eyes widened with astonishment.




"From Earth? Really? Lauria would probably love to get her hands on him. You know how interested she is in Earthlings and all. She has some wild theory that if they are left to their own devices that they develop must faster than even we do. And that Earth is a prime example of that." Said the busy doctor as she continued to rub Derrick’s front side.




"Yes, well then now perhaps you understand why we are handling him with kid gloves at this point. I’m afraid that too much rough treatment and sensory overload might have serious psychological repercussions perhaps even leading to a mental break down."




The doctor’s eyes became more focused on the human in the palm of her hand as if she was manipulating something with her finger tips.




"I’d like to run a full body scan on him and some other ethnobiological procedures just to make sure that his DNA matches the humans of our realms. And a dozen or more tests to be quite honest. I’ll tag him too, of course.




I’d need him for at least two days maybe three to finish all the tests and make sure that he doesn’t present any unknown viruses that could be detrimental to the colony. He should probably be brought in right away for that matter." The doctor said looking thoughtfully at the human that she continued to manipulate with her fingers as if she was in deep contemplation for that moment.




"Yes, well, give me a week or so and I’ll have Mara bring him over. I’m sure he’ll be fine by then. And I’ll take full responsibility if contamination results from him in the meantime.. We plan on keeping him inside at first anyhow and I assure you that she’ll bring him straight here once I think he’s ready... Uhm.. Are we done now?"




The Doctor looked unconvinced, but decided not to press the issue.




"We sure are, aren’t we Derrick?" The doctor asked with a naughty looking grin on her face. She gently handed him back to Glendoria who at once noticed that he was fully erect. Her face flushed red with embarrassment as she quickly and discreetly sandwiched him between both palms and placed him within his travel box, pretending not to have noticed what the doctor had just done to tease and arouse him.




Again, one battle at a time she reasoned. Disrespectful and non-life threatening abusive behavior would have to wait for sunnier days too. Her fragile alliances were too important to risk at this point unfortunately.




"Ok, well thanks a lot Dr. Crausey, Is there anything else that I need to know about Derrick’s visit today?"




"Well, other than the slight plaque build up he’s extremely healthy as you may have just noticed and his good, verses bad bacteria results are optimal. He’s as fit as a race horse for now. And I’m definitely looking forward to meeting this human that you all now have in your possession.. Perhaps your sister could tell me how he came into her acquisition.. Or is that to be kept a state secret? "




The doctor continued to coyly smile at the embarrassed Viceroy who she had skillfully managed to double down on the discomfort factor with her words and actions relishing in her cunningness.




Glendoria felt outclassed and embarrassed once again as she did her best to smile and thank her before taking the plastic box full of humans and putting them in a discreet official diplomatic postage pouch and leaving the coy doctor behind in order to finish her last task of repatriating the poor souls back to the arena before heading along home with Mara.