- Text Size +

As I came to consciousness the next day I didn’t have time to get my bearings or figure out what I was as Melanie was already there standing over me, grinning.

“Well, well, well. It’s finally my turn, isn’t it shoe-boy” she teased. It wasn’t a particularly playful tone of voice, it sounded more menacing. This wasn’t the Melanie I knew, she was always so kind, so passive. Now she seemed dominant and almost cruel.

“You’ve had an easy time of it so far, the others didn’t appreciates all of the benefits of having a living shoe, but I won’t make that mistake. I’ve been reading up on your kind” My kind? I wasn’t staying like this, in a couple days, I’d be human again. “For example, did you know you clean the feet that wear you. Now I bet the others had nice clean feet before they put you on. I’m not making that mistake”

Melanie lifted her foot and hovered it above me. Even with distance, I could smell it, the pungent stench of dried sweat. I could see her dark sole and all the accumulated grime which collected in between her toes. I didn’t want those things anywhere near me, let alone inside of me. As she slowly circled her foot above me, letting me take a good long look, I focussed on figuring out what I was. I was definitely a high heel, I knew that much. I had a thick strap over my toe section and another thinner stipe coming out of the other end. This strap had a loop with a buckle on it. I didn’t feel too different to how I felt yesterday. Except for yesterday I was being worn by a cool twenty-something, today I would be worn by a sociopath.

“I haven’t washed these puppies since we decided to make you our Humie. It’s part of the reason I volunteered to have you last, amongst other reasons.” She wiggled her toes above me, a bit of dirt came loose from between her toes and landed on me. The taste was a grim preview of my day head. “Anyway, enough foreplay. Time to do what you’re made for…”

The mighty unwashed foot above me pointed towards me and made its charge. I wanted to run, to resist but it was no use. This would be my fate for the day. Aggressively, Melanie pressed her toes onto my insole and slid them down my body. As her toes nestled inside me, she pressed her heel down fast, so all of her sole was pressed into my body. The toes poking out of the strap at the end of my body made it feel like they were coming out of my mouth, but still resting on my tongue. Massive fingers grabbed my back strap and wrapped it around her ankle. She fastened the buckle trapping me face to face with her rancid soles.

The process repeated itself with the other part of me, intensifying the feeling of disgust inside of me. A hand grabbed one of my heels and yanked hard, pulling me in the air. My body strained against the force lifting me, making me realise how fragile I was. What if I broke? Would that mean I’d stay a shoe forever? It didn’t bare thinking about.

“Oh Humie, you feel soooo good!” I heard Melanie moan, noting her refusal to use my name, sonly referring to me as ‘Humie’ “It’s so much better knowing there’s somebody in there taking all my footfalls. I bet you’re enjoying his too. Eight days of this, you must have a liking for it now. All you Humies go native in the end”

Not likely, I thought as Melanie released my heel and I returned to the ground. Despite it making a miniscule difference, being lifted pulled me slightly away from her awful feet and now I was being stood on the misery returned. The day had only just began and already I was praying it would come to a swift end…

***

When this whole exercise began Melanie was one of the people I was least dreading to be under. I thought for sure Sarah or Ashley would be the worst but certainly not Melanie. She always seemed to me so dainty that she couldn’t hurt a fly and yet now I’m her shoe I’ve no doubt that these last two days will be the worst I’ve spent as a Humie.

It’s mostly due to her attitude to me, all the others treat me with some decency, well except Katey, but being totally ignored was better than this. Melanie was treating me as some sort of pet that should be mocked. The way she teased me when I first awoke, it wasn’t playful or flirty, there was malice in her voice. It was like she thought I deserved this and she was righteously enacting punishment upon me.

It also didn’t help that she knowingly let her feet get dirty and foul-smelling just to make my experience worse. Thinking back to the downright decent way Jessie treated me made it feel all the more bad as it gave me a sense of loss. Now I was stuck with this cruel bitch who seemed to be delighted at the fact I was forced to suck on her feet.

And suck I did as Melanie paced down the street in me. Her footfalls were heavy and purposeful. The sound of my heel hitting off the concrete ground became rhythmic as Melanie got into full flow. The taste was as bad as it was after an hour of Sarah running in me, but I’d only been on Melanie’s feet a matter of minutes. At times when she stopped, she made sure to press hard into me, given the fact that she only did it on the half of me where my perception was, I knew she was doing it intentionally.

As I felt concrete change to carpet, I knew Melanie had finally reached the office. I didn’t know she normally walked in, but I had a sneaking suspicion that she did that just for me. I had been on for what could only be an hour and she was already sweating into me. The stale stench of old sweat mixed with a more pungent flavour of the newer sweat. Weight finally lifted off me as I assumed Melanie had reached her desk. It wasn’t much of a break as I was quite a tight fit on her foot, so I was still pressed pretty hard against her sole, but it was a relief no matter how minor.

I was strapped in so tight that my hearing was muffled. I heard voices above me, but couldn’t make out words. I assumed she was talking to the other girls in the office, no doubt discussing how pretty Melanie had made me. I wondered if Melanie would be candid with them how she was treating me. I doubted it. I briefly considered letting them know once I was back to being human but quickly dismissed it. Once I’m human again, I never wanted to think about this experience ever again. There’d been some relatively decent times, but that’s only decent from the perspective of a living shoe. In reality these ten days had been a nightmare. A nightmare I was still living as I was forced to take in and absorb ridiculous quantities of sweat from the feet of the cruel titan wearing me.

The day wore by slowly beneath the desk. As when I was a boot, I couldn’t really see, though the time was passed as Melanie gently hammered my heel off the floor. Gentle to her at least, each time she did it, I became worried my heel would snap off. I was acutely aware of a little bend each time she struck me off of the floor. Throughout the day I was rocked, kicked, bent and scuffed under the desk as Melanie continued with her walk. I didn’t know how much of it was absent-minded shoe-play or if it was malicious. Given her attitude to me this morning I couldn’t rule out the latter.

Finally after a few false alarms which included trips to the bathroom and a lunch break, it seemed it was finally the end of the day and Melanie duly left work, stepping in me out into the street. My break from being walked in made me forget how forceful her gait was. There was real purpose in those steps, whether that purpose was to torment me, I didn’t know. But I recalled her steps in the past to be light and bouncy, so if she was walking in me like this I would bet she was doing it to make me feel worse.

As her walk continued there was a feeling of unease I had as the time to her taking me off was nearing. I knew she’d be mocking and with me unable to talk back, it felt as if my lack of replies were validating her stance. I knew we’d reached her place once again by the change in the floor, but I remained on her feet for some time afterwards. I knew she’d keep me on for a while, nothing about her attitude this morning screamed she’d just wear me to work then let me rest for the evening as the others had.

Finally I felt a hand stroke the buckle on my strap as she fiddled to release it. As her foot exited me, I noticed the distortion of the air around her foot due to heat. Her foot was glistening with sweat. Sweat I’d been forced to take into my being. I wondered where that would go, would it stay with me or was it now a part of me? I was pleased to see daylight again as I seemed to be back in the closet I had woken up in. I wasn’t pleased to see Melanie looking back down at me, the same heckling expression on her face.

“Whew, I bet you’ve had quite a day” She said, almost boasting. She slipped her other foot out of my other half and reached down to pick me up. As she held me upright in the palm of my hand I had never felt smaller. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply through her nose.

“Jeez, you really do absorb the sweat, you stink Humie! I bet you love it by now though. You’re pathetic, I bet you’re begging for my feet to be back in you right now” She couldn’t be further from the truth, all I wanted was for her to put me down and leave me alone. “I bet that smell will keep you satisfied tonight though. Big day tomorrow, gonna make it special!”

I didn’t like the implications of that remark and I liked it even less when she tossed me into a pile of stray shoes in the corner of her closet. The same smell of sweat that now clung to me, was also coming from these shoes, only mustier. I had landed face down and was staring at a single cream flat whose size marking had worn away from, presumably years of being used. There was distinct discolouration on the insole where Melanie’s feet had been pressed up against them time and time again. The light to the closet went out and Melanie closed the door behind her, leaving me in darkness, only the foul smell to keep me company. One more day, I kept thinking to myself. I could do this…

***

To my surprise I woke the next day, still face down looking at a worn out shoe, but my form had changed. I felt for sure she’d keep me in the same form, so I’d have to smell the same, but my body shape was distinctly different this time. I couldn’t get a good grasp as I was still face down, but I knew I was definitely a flat from experience. I felt a little like when I was a loafer with Sarah, but softer. The smell of sweat that had clung to me was gone, but that’s not to say the other shoes had stopped reeking. I heard the door from behind me open as Melanie entered the closet. I felt the other half of me get kicked as the giantess looked quickly around the small room

“Crap, where’s the other half of you?” She mused to herself. Had she forgotten that she’d thrown me into this shoe pile? Or did I now just blend in so well? I could be a non-descript shoe, or I could be a vibrant colour, I had no way of knowing. “Oh there you are”

A hand grasped me from behind and flung me across the room. I landed next to my other half, this time facing up. I could notice out of the corner of my eye, Melanie still looking at the shoe pile. She was in a white dress, looking just about ready for work. I could just about make out a wry grin crossing her face. I didn’t like it.

I tried to focus on my new form. I was flat, I could now confirm that. Around me there were walls of black fabric, with an enclosed toe section. My insole appeared to be cream coloured. Perhaps it was the benefit of staring at one for so long, but I figured out what I was – a ballet flat.

“I’ve just had a great idea” Melanie announced. As much as I hoped it would be ‘wear one of these other pair of shoes and let me have the last day off’ I knew that wasn’t going to happen. “These flats here have been mine for years, they’re so comfy. But on the insoles there’s an imprint of my feet, I wonder if I can get that imprint on you?”

She couldn’t, could she? Sure that sort of thing would take years, surely you couldn’t do that on a new shoe. Though I knew if anyone could it’d be her.

“Let’s give it a try” She said, standing over me. She lifted her foot and unceremoniously shoved it inside of me. My walls were flattened beneath her sole as I felt her finger reach in and spring it back out. Her foot was now comfortable encased inside of me. The taste hadn’t improved from yesterday, only now there was a looser grip between myself and her foot. I felt her other foot enter the other side of me and once more and for the final time, I was being worn on somebodies feet.

It was hard to feel dread for the day ahead knowing that once it was over, I’d be a person again. I knew I’d never look at Melanie the same way again. Heck, I probably won’t think of any of the girls in the same way again. Once you’ve been somebody’s shoe, you know them in a whole different way. I wondered if I should coin that as Melanie started walking. I soon realised that yesterday, my being so securely fixed to her feet wasn’t a totally bad thing.

My body bent and arched as Melanie walked to work. My form was slave to the shape of her feet as my soft body obeyed the wishes of my cruel possessor. Around the arch of her foot, I could frequently see daylight as the foot inside of me twisted with each step. Being flat for the first time in a while made me once again realise how that changed the distribution of contact and now the pressure was more spread around my body, but also so was the taste.

As we reached the office I settled down for the easier part of my day or so I thought. In my current form it was incredibly easy to take me off and put me back on again. As I found out not five minutes after Melanie had sat down she slipped her feet out of me and hovered them above me. I was now just lying underneath her desk staring up at my tormentors for the last day. I could see every subtle movement of her toes as she vacantly rubbed one foot slowly onto the other. I tried looking around my surroundings as staring up at feet was just unsettling. There was something foreign accompanying me under the desk. It was a large, white plastic box with horizontal slats across its surface. I thought for a second it was an A/C but then a darker thought popped into my head. She wouldn’t.

The heat I felt confirmed it, Melanie had brought in a portable heater to the office and placed it under the desk to make her feet sweat more. That’s why she’d taken her feet out of me. I looked up once more at her feet and they did seem to be starting to glisten. This was going to be hell, she was really going to all this effort just to imprint on me. What was the purpose? Was it a territorial thing, did she think if she could imprint upon my insole, she’d own me, even after I’d returned to human form.

A slimy foot, fully warmed up and now sweating profusely approached me. I wanted to move, to run away but as the past few days had taught me, shoes don’t get to choose when they’re worn. He foot slid inside me, coating my dry insole in her disgusting perspiration. She did the same to the other half of me and now all of me was full of the taste of fresh sweat. It made yesterday feel like a cakewalk as she wiggled her slick toes inside of me. It was as if she’d dipped her feet in a puddle of sweat, as the heater bared on, making her feet hotter and sweatier.

The day was spent mixing between her slipping me on and off again, dangling me off her toes, far more violently than Sarah had ever done and pressed her feet hard into me. Each time she’d remove her feet from me, I was glad of the breath of fresh air I’d get, but as it became more frequent, the stench became thicker until eventually, when she lifter her rotten soles out of me, the smell and taste remained. So much so that when I felt the heater switch off and I knew it was time to finish up and my time as a shoe was coming to an end. I wanted to be pleased about it, but the oily feet inside me just filled me with so much disgust, I had no room for any other emotion.

After an unpleasant walk back to Melanie’s place and a few hours more of her wearing me around the house, I felt her lift her leg high into the air. Her hand grasped my body and pulled me away from the foot which had tormented me for hours. Melanie held me in front of her, looking unimpressed

“Well I tried, but it’s not much of an impression,” she said, flipping me around in her hand to reveal a mirror in front of me. In the mirror I saw Melanie holing in her hand a basic black ballet flat with a small lace bow. The insole of this shoe was darkened around where she had worn me, but it was nowhere near as bad as the shoe I faced last night. Still the thought of her sole still being on me made me sick to my stomach. “I guess it’s time up, better get you back in your box”

My disgust immediately turned to joy, it was over. I had done it. Ten days of hell finally over. I knew it wasn’t worth it, but I’d just have to appreciate the months of freedom I had won from it. As Melanie dropped me into my box I knew I never wanted to see another woman’s sole again so long as I lived…