- Text Size +

Somehow I felt myself go into some sort of lull and have what could be construed as a sleep. With nothing else to do I was thankful I didn’t have to remain conscious the whole time. When I awoke I was no longer formless, I was lying on the ground looking up at the ceiling, which seemed miles away from me. I tried to figure out what kind of shoe I was for my first time, but it was trickier than I thought it would be. From the way I was lying, I knew I was flat, but that was about all I could say for certain. I had a strap running out of my body which seemed to twist around. I tried to rationalise it as an arm, but I couldn’t, it was a strap. My strap.

I moved my attention to my surroundings. I couldn’t move, but I could look around at least a little. Everything was so big to me, I seemed to be next to a couch, but that was the size of a tower block from where I was. Everything was distorted by size. Just as I began to wonder where Ashley was my whole world shook. It was like something out of Jurassic park as I felt my body jump at the feeling of the massive footfalls.

A giantess strode into view and it was hard not to look at Ashley, who previous to the procedure had been the same height as me, in awe. Ashley walked out of my view and sat on the couch towering above me. All I could see now where her legs and feet in front of me. Nervously I looked at her feet, they were covered in wrinkles and callouses, with rough dead skin outlining her heel. At this sizer they were the size of my body. I caught a whiff from her foot, while there was a distinctive smell of synthetic citrus, presumably from some sort of cream, there was still an unmistakeable staleness to it.

Ashley’s face popped into my vision and smiled. The woman who just yesterday was my team leader was now my ‘owner’ and moments from now I was going to be on her foot

“Morning Dan!” She said cheerfully “Ready for your first day?”

She reached down and a finger around me I was plucked into the air as if I were nothing. Before I could react, I was faced with a mirror, reflected in it was Ashley proudly showing off a fashionable pair of sandals, dangling from her index and middle fingers. This was me, I was just a thing now. I studied the reflection, noting the stitching on my body, with a fashion label printed across my insole as if I was just something that was designed by another man.

“Thought you might want to see what you looked like” She said proudly. I felt so helpless dangling by my strap. Gently, Ashley placed me onto the ground. “Here comes the moment of truth” she declared.

I wanted to scream, I wanted to run, I wanted to be anywhere but here. Ashley pointed her foot towards me and advanced. As her foot got closer I could see even more detail, slight discolouration from the harder parts of the skin, the lighter texture of her arches. Her foot slid over my body as now I could taste her sole. The body lotion she’d used was sickly, I wanted to gag, but was incapable. Instead her foot continued its relentless march to fit my body. Her heel fit into the enclosed area at the bottom of my body. I felt one of my straps wrap around her ankle as unseen hands fixed a buckle. I was locked in. This was me for the next few hours, face to face with a 45 year old woman’s foot.

Oddly, though I felt pressured by her foot, half of me didn’t feel that bad. This was until Ashley stuck her foot in my other half. I forgot Dr Harris said about me being both shoes, but only perceiving one. I could still feel, taste and smell from the other though. Now 100% of me was in contact with Ashley’s feet. The strap that ran between her bid and second toe was particularly nasty. I felt a great pressure as Ashley stood up. I expected pain, but none came. I guess there was nothing to crush, I was just fabric now. My first day of being underfoot was about to begin…

***

“Oh that feels so good” I heard Ashley sigh. I wished the feeling was mutual as I toiled underneath her massive foot. With my perspective locked on the insole, I could hardly see any of the outside world. I caught brief flashes as Ashley’s arches lifted, but mostly I was staring at a foot. I felt Ashley wiggle her toes on me, they were like little slaps as each toe drummed on my sole. What did she care if it was uncomfortable for me? I was just a shoe, something to stop her feet getting dirty.

It was weird as Ashley began to walk. As I could feel both shoes each side of me felt harsh pressure individually as the other had the pressure lifted. I could only tell which side my vision was on as her foot pressed into me deeper on my sight side making my vision totally black. After a short walk, I felt Ashley lift me up and sit down. Vibrations told me that I was now in her car. Her foot pressing down hard on my body as she operated the pedals confirmed it. It was so surreal feeling the movement of her feet on the pedals, I felt as if I knew how fast she was going.

After the drive, there was more walking. I was starting to get into the rhythm of this. Yes it was unpleasant being here, but it was nothing I couldn’t handle. After the initial shock it was just weird now. If I could just get over the feeling, I felt like this week could fly by. Then again I felt like I’d been on her feet for hours and Ashley was just getting into work

“Is that him, are you wearing him?” I heard Melanie squeak excitedly. Pressure released on one side as I was lifted in the air. I felt Ashley’s ankle roll around the joint as she showed me off to the team.

“Turned out good didn’t he?” Ashley bragged

“He’s so cute!” Sarah said “How did you decide what shoe you’d make him”

“I was up half the night going through the options.” Ashley explained. Pressure released from the other half of me as I felt Ashley sit down. Her feet were flat on me, but now I wasn’t taking all her wait. It was a relief, but now I was still left with an unpleasant sight of Ashley’s sole up close. “In the end as sandal just felt right”

“How do you think it is for him?” Jessie enquired. I was a little touched that at least someone in the office was still thinking of me as a person not an object.

“He’s just a Humie, he’s made for it. I’m sure he’s fine” More conversation followed, but it was about the usual inane stuff they talked about. It was at times like these I’d usually turn off and get on with the job at hand, but now with two feet strapped to me, I couldn’t turn off and the job at hand was to be a shoe.

The hours passed slowly underneath the desk. Ashley crossed and re-crossed her legs several times, swaying each side of me gently. I wanted to drift off, but I found it impossible with a great big foot in my face. It got to the point where I appreciated each time Ashley got up to walk around because it at least brought some variety. Finally after longer than I ever anticipated I felt the familiar vibrations. We were driving again, we must be on our way home.

This was just the lift I needed as I looked forward to finally being taken off. Over the course of the day, the smell and taste had gotten mustier and some time away from a foot would be appreciated. Finally, I felt hands fiddling with my buckle and I was separated from my sole prison. I was carelessly dropped to the floor and was lucky to land face up. I seemed to be in a hallway this time, rather than the lounge. Ashley turned and smiled at me.

“I bet you’re glad to be free of that.” She purred “For the record you did a great job, I can see why Humies are so in demand. Have a good night and I’ll see you again tomorrow” Ashley slinked off as I nervously watched her bare feet. From far away they seemed harmless, but after spending upwards of nine hours under them I was done. But this was day one over and I just had one more day of Ashley’s feet before a changeover. Who knows maybe the other four would be a bit kinder on me…

***

I awoke the next day knowing immediately I was something else. I was no longer looking up at the ceiling but I was leaning forward. My body felt more substantial this time and I noticed I had new straps, black this time. I found it odd that my whole body changing shape didn’t wake me up. But it seemed to be daytime, I wondered how I woke up, did that control panel on the box have something to do with it? Either way I didn’t have time to dwell as Ashley marched into the room, seemingly in a rush.

“Wedges today, honey” Ashley explained, putting paid to my little game of ‘guess what I am today’ “I’ve had my eye on a pair like you for ages, so I decided to see what you look like for me”

Ashley wasted no time in putting me on, slipping her feet into me and fastening my straps. The nasty citrus taste was back, I guessed Ashley re-applied her lotion. As she stood I noted how different the pressure was as a heel. The force on me was more focused than the all over force I felt as a sandal. As Ashley left the house, a wave of heat hit me. It was a scorcher today. I hoped Ashley was spending the day somewhere cool, because already I could feel her soles moistening.

It was my worst nightmare as when Ashley walked into the office, Katey informed her the Air con was busted and they were using fans to keep cool. It was all well and good for them to keep cool, but under the desk I stewed as Ashley’s foot got sweatier and sweatier. The day before I could hear all the conversations going on, now I was too distracted by the foul smell and taste I was experiencing. Worse still I was a snug fit for Ashley meaning her arches were pressed into me as well. I got the whole sole secreting sweat, seemingly absorbing into my inanimate body.  

I was thankful that this time none of my straps went between any toes, I’d hate to think what kind of grime would be collected between them now. Every now and then I’d feel one of Ashley’s giant fingers stroke me or tug on a strap. I wondered if she was talking about me when she did so. It felt odd, but I hoped I did look good for her. What good a shoe would I be if I were ugly?

I was rocked once again as Ashley crossed her legs beneath her desk. As her sweat oozed into me I thank god as I felt vibrations again. It was over, or at least nearly over. There was audible suction as I was released from Ashley’s foot. She looked down at me, almost sympathetic, but she couldn’t help let out a little laugh

“Looks like I left quite the impression on you” She smiled, pulling out a compact mirror and showing it to me. I saw two brown wedge sandals, with dark toe marks in the insole. I wanted to gag, no wonder I could still taste her. I felt wet and slimy, but I did have to admit I was a good looking pair of wedges.

“Anyway I just wanted to thank you for this, Dan” Ashley started, I was amazed she used my name “I know this can’t be nice for you, so for you to do this for us is great. I hope the next few days aren’t too bad for you. I’m going to put you back in your box and take you round to Sarah’s place for her”

Ashley picked both of me up and placed me back in the box. Immediately I felt my form shift from stinky shoe to amorphous being inside the box. It was nice not having a fixed form for a while, especially after the days I’d had. So Sarah was next, I hoped she’d be better than Ashley. At least it’s one down, four to go…