- Text Size +

I found myself somewhere new once more as I came to. This time I was once again flat on my back but the ceiling was far lower. It seemed just inches above where I could see. Just as I began to wonder just where could be so craped for something as small as I surely was, I adjusted my vision and looked down my body to discover a much larger world. The insole of my body was surrounded by light brown walls. Looking out into the world I saw the giant figure of Sarah, smiling down at me.

“Are you awake?” She asked “I pressed the thing on the thing”

Instinctually I tried to respond, but my body wasn’t having it. Oddly, I realised this was the first time I didn’t have straps, which made me feel a little incomplete.

“I’m gonna say that you are up, and just start speaking. I played around with the little panel and messed around with your perception settings. You’re now looking out from the toe area. Thought a little change might help you cope.”

That was weird… considerate, but weird.

“I wish you could talk. I’m so curious as to what it’s like. Can you tell what kind of shoe you are? I mean you spend the last two days as different shoes, I’m wondering if it’s different for you, or if you can feel the differences?”

‘Why don’t you undergo the procedure and find out for yourself’ I thought darkly. I felt like I was being patronised, but then again I had to remember that this was an odd situation for Sarah as well

“Well, this conversation is getting one-sided so I’d better get on with it” Sarah lifted her leg and brought her foot into my view. From where I was it seemed a lot softer than Ashley’s but then she was around fifteen years younger than her. I hoped they’d at least taste better than Ashley’s part of me could still feel the presence of her sole. “Good thing my boyfriend has already gone to work, he’d think I were mad. Sitting here, bantering with a shoe. Also he went on this rant about Humies the other week, something about them being not real men. It’s best he doesn’t find out about you. Save your pride and all that”

‘Oh, because I’ll be positively swimming with pride once I’m sucking on your foot’ I thought. It looked like conversation time was over as Sarah arched her foot towards me and advanced. This was it, day three was about to begin. Brand new foot!

Her foot entered me and slid up my insole. As her toes nestled inside on top of me, her heel pressed into my body. My body’s walls forming a grip against her foot. Her feet tasted a lot fresher than Ashley’s and I was glad she didn’t have any lotion on. Though most of what I recalled of Ashley was being drenched in her sweat yesterday, so the comparison might be a little biased. I heard Sarah moan a little as she slipped her foot into the other part of me. Now both feet were inside me. I guessed Sarah had a weird shoe size as there seemed to be a bit of wiggle room inside me. Something Sarah demonstrated as she flexed and scrunched her toes in me.

Without straps I felt really insecure on her foot, a feeling compounded as I felt myself being lifted off the ground. Sarah flexed her heel which just popped right out of me. A finger pulled against my far wall as I saw, past the massive arched foot in my view, Sarah looking down at me.

“Melanie was right, you feel so good, it’s gonna be a bummer giving you up after just two days. Guess I’ll have to make the most.” She went to move her heel back in but stopped a while “You’re a loafer by the way. Just in case you were curious” Her heel slipped back into me and once again I was in darkness. As she pressed me down into the ground and stood up heaving pressure on me I mentally repeated my mantra; ‘Just eight more days’…

***

The first thing I noted was how different being walked on by Sarah was to Ashley. I wasn’t sure if that was down to my shape or Sarah’s gait. Some things definitely was due to my form, like the way I’d feel my walls lose grip and my heart would skip a beat, well whatever the shoe equivalent of a heart was. But there were other things. Sarah seemed to hit me against the ground more evenly as she walked, rather than the heel-toe sensation I got from Ashley. I didn’t recall ever seeing Sarah wear high heels so I wondered if that had something to do with it. The impact wasn’t as great either, but if I was indeed a loafer, I’d surely have a thicker sole than when I was a sandal. I caught myself, I couldn’t believe I was comparing notes of my experiences of being a shoe.

Then again, after this was all done I thought maybe I could write about this. I’d use an alias obviously, I didn’t want people I knew I spent a few days as a Humie, but what I was feeling might have been unique. As I prepared for my procedure, I read several blogs from old Humies and they largely stayed to one form with one owner. I had had three forms so far and I imagines that number would grow, and I was going to be worn by five different women. My data could be useful.

Note 1, I thought, make sure you don’t get used by someone who walks to work. Maybe I had been spoiled by Ashley, I never spent too much time walking with her. It already felt like hours walking beneath Sarah. Each footfall pounding into me, but since I inhabited both shoes any relief from one shoe was coupled with pressure from the other. My hearing wasn’t like it was under Ashley either. With Ashley I was basically some material strapped to a foot, I had no issue hearing the outside world, but as a loafer, I was sealed in and everything outside was muffled. All I had was the heavy sound of Sarah’s foot hitting the pavement.

Finally, pressure released off both of me as I assumed Sarah had finally reached work and was sitting down. This was confirmed when she wriggled her heel out of me and I could see the office. This was the first real time I had been somewhere I knew at this size. I could even spy my desk, which seemed miles away. Sarah’s heels hung in the air for a while as she settled into work. I wasn’t complaining, on the walk in Sarah’s feet generated quite the stink, so it was good to get some fresh air in. Unfortunately it didn’t last long as the heel above me shoved itself back into my body and my walls created a seal. Then I was walked on again, this became a regular pattern. While Ashley spent most of the day at her desk, Sarah was far more mobile. I recalled from working with her, I’d turn around most times to find her away from her desk.

It was while she was standing up, I felt her foot wriggle out of me totally and I watched in awe as this giantess stood above me, rubbing her bare foot against her leg to itch it. She seemed to be standing at someone’s desk but my angle wasn’t sufficient to see who it was, I could only spot her legs. The woman who Sarah was talking to was wearing a pair of navy blue flats with a buckle. Whoever it was had their legs crossed and the shoe I could see was held in the air by the higher leg. 

I felt a strange kinship with the shoe, which I could not explain. I knew it couldn’t be a Humie, the way the team were talking about them last week suggested they were rare. So why was I feeling fraternity with this lifeless shoe? Could it be because I was starting to feel just like an object and this thing, while lacking sentience was more like me than the giantesses that possessed us?

My train of thought was interrupted by Sarah stuffing her foot back inside of me. Back to darkness, back underfoot. When Sarah finally returned to her desk, I felt her legs cross as I was held in the air (well half of me was, the half I could perceive properly). Her foot wriggled once more and I was then balanced off Sarah’s foot and allowed to swing freely from the toe. I’d been rocked as a shoe before but in a controlled manner, when I was strapped to a foot, now I was freely dangling, feeling as if I could be dropped at any time. I could see the ground below me, and while I knew it could only be a foot off the ground it seemed like storeys to me.

I wondered if it would hurt if I were dropped. Why would it, I didn’t feel pain when I was stepped on. I felt pressurised and humiliated, but there was no real pain to speak of. No nerves, no pain, I rationalised, but I still retained my senses. I wished I had read more into the process before going through with this, now stuck in an immobile form, I had so many questions.

In the end I wasn’t dropped by Sarah, but I never seemed to get a moments peace. If I wasn’t being dangled, I was being stepped on, or heel popped, or rubbed by the other foot. Sarah had very restless feet I discovered. Made me wish for someone a bit gentler. There were times when Sarah would take her feet out of me completely and I wouldn’t see them again for several minutes. Not that that was a bad thing. A break from her feet was most welcome, though they were definitely better than Ashley’s.

After several more walks, the next time I saw the outside world, I was back in Sarah’s house. The day seemed to pass much quicker under Sarah. I wondered whether the constant motion broke up the day better or if I was just having a worse time under Ashley. Though with Ashley, she’d get home from work and that would be it, not the case with Sarah. I was on and off her feet for the rest of the evening. I even caught a glimpse of her Humie hating boyfriend, which made me nervous. Finally at the end of the day, I was kicked off for the final time. As I watched Sarah and her boyfriend retreat up to bed I was glad for some peace…

***

As I awoke the next day I thought I had done so too early. In the room I was in, curtains were still drawn. I could feel my body had changed again, but not too dramatically this time. I was higher off the ground now, but I wasn’t leaning forwards like before so I didn’t think I was heels. I strained to look around myself, but I couldn’t spot anything but my surroundings, so I had to rely on what I felt. I sensed I still had ‘walls’ though the fact I couldn’t see them concerned me a little. I could also feel something that felt like straps, but they were limper. I couldn’t figure out if I had one or two, but I knew wherever they were they were twisted. In general I felt sleeker than yesterday, more streamlined and a bit chunkier. Just as I tried to figure out exactly what I was, the titan figure of Sarah came into the room, wearing a t-shirt and sports shorts.

“Hey Dan!” She greeted enthusiastically, but in a hushed voice “Hope yesterday wasn’t too bad for you. Sorry about not speaking to you last night, but y’know… my boyfriend”

‘Great, more patronising’ I mentally remarked. I started to get concerned about what I was today, Sarah’s attire was a damning clue

“I played around with your perception settings again. This time I’ve put them on the outside, so you’re not stuck looking at a foot all day”

Well that was… actually pretty thoughtful. Maybe I was being too harsh on Sarah.

“Anyway I’ve got marathon training today and my usual sneakers have been making my feet hurt. Good thing I have you”

Nope. Not harsh enough. I was sneakers?! She was going to run in me? I had never been run in before. Walking was bad enough! I scanned Sarah up and down and was dismayed to see she was barefooted. Was she going to run in me without socks on? Who does that!? ‘Someone who owns a Humie which massages their feet’ a dark part of me replied internally.

I braced myself as I saw a hand reach over me and pick me up. I never got used to being so light, to be picked up by Sarah, who to me just last week seemed so small to me, with little to no effort. In a change from the norm, it was my other half that was filled first. I felt her foot slip inside and once again I was met with the semi-familiar taste. Then it was the half I could perceive’s turn as I felt the foot enter my body. It was bizarre to me after three days of being on the inside, not seeing the foot as it touched my insole. I could still feel, smell and taste but I could only see a leg reaching up high into the sky. Once her foot was fully in, she grabbed what I originally thought was straps and started tying them. They were my laces and they felt a little weird as Sarah manipulated them into a bow. Once done, Sarah stood up. With my perception like this, it was hard not to think of the situation as if Sarah’s foot was totally in my mouth and I was sucking it.

As Sarah took her first step, I realised that her apparent ‘kindness’ of moving my POV to the outside wasn’t such a great idea. Just one simple step made the world move by at break-neck speed. It was like being on a rollercoaster. When I was inside I had no idea how quickly, relatively speaking, I was moving. Now on the outside I could see everything. I’d feel like I was going to be sick, if it didn’t feel like there was a foot jammed into my mouth.

As Sarah left the house, the run began. It started with light jogging before going into a full rhythm. Each step pounded into me harder than I’d ever been pressed before. My insole was thick and cushiony, so it was taking the blows, but the frequency was so often, then I hardly had time to recover before her foot compressed me again. My vision was a blur, without time to focus I was getting really dizzy. It was relentless as Sarah continued her run.

As the miles racked up, Sarah’s feet began to sweat inside me. Just like it was with Ashley, I began to absorb some of it into my body. The salty, vinegary taste was repugnant. I didn’t know what sense had it harder, my vision which was all over the place, my smell which was up to its limit with the odour, my taste which was drenched with Sarah’s sweat or just the general feeling of being pounded into the ground. I could just about make out that Sarah had headphones in. Nice for her, all I could hear was the wind rushing past me, further exacerbating my motion sickness.

After an hour or two I felt soaked inside. Her feet felt very slick and I could feel a slight squelch as her toes dug into me. I was glad to see the world slowing down as Sarah seemed to stop. We were outside a small suburban house, which I presumed to be Sarah’s. I’d never seen it from the outside properly. As Sarah walked over to her rear door she sat on her door stop and pulled me off her feet.

“Whew, I made great time and my feet feel amazing. Thanks so much Dan!” She boasted “But, you do kind of stink, so I’m gonna leave you out here to air out a bit. See you in a couple hours”

And like that I was left to my own devices outside. I could still taste the awful sweat inside me, still smell the stink from her pungent soles. I was just sitting here with no body guarding. I felt so vulnerable. Someone could just take me and there’d be nothing I could do about it! I tried to rationalise, there’d be nobody stupid enough to take a pair of sneakers that smelled so bad, right?

I wanted to drift off while I waited, but the smell was too much. Every time I felt myself going into a lull I’d taste the vile flavours inside me again. When the door opened behind me after several hours of nothing, I was alerted. Was it finally time to go back in the box and move on? I felt a hand pick me up, but I was shocked to see it wasn’t Sarah, but her boyfriend. Why was he picking me up? Had he found out I was a Humie? What was he going to do to me?

Sarah’s boyfriend manoeuvred me in his hands, lifted me to his face and took one big inhale over my insole. He was sniffing me!? I think his Humie rants were a case of the boyfriend doth protest too much.  He was getting off on how much I stank! What a creep! Did Sarah know about this, if so why ask me to be her guinea pig and not this bozo, he seems like he’d like it. Whatever happens when I get back to being human again, I resolved to let her know. Let her treat him like she’s treat me.

After that unpleasant episode I was placed back on the ground and waited once more for something to happen. Finally, as it was getting dark, Sarah picked me up and took me back to my box. As she closed the box she gave me a wink and a smile, before I was shrouded in darkness once more, formless. More importantly I was odourless. After that day in hell I couldn’t imagine the next person was going to be as bad. I didn’t even know who it was going to be. Guess I’d find out soon enough…