- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I guess there's nothing stopping me from posting this chapter then disappearing back into the abyss. 

MAJOR/minor Chapter 5: MAJOR/confrontation


She was coming! Brenda hid herself in her locker, pressing her face as deep into a textbook as possible to avoid being noticed. The minor known as Izzellah Ivory, the only minor she’d ever seen walk around unbounded in her entire life, the minor that seemed so unique and so different, and the minor who she’d nearly bound without noticing and in that moment sabotaged any chance of getting to know walked by without acknowledging her. Brenda breathed a sigh of relief. She didn’t see her, or if she did the minor had chosen not to confront her. Did she remember what happened the other day? Sometimes minors did forget their first bonding, she’d learned that in class, but something was telling Brenda that Izzellah would break the mold. She peeked around the corner of her locker to see the minor and her “friend?” Sabrina arguing at the front of their classroom door.

“I can open the door myself!” Brenda heard the minor berate her genetic better. She then saw Izzellah lean up on her tiptoes and just barely grasp and turn the handle. With effort she pulled the door open. The smaller girl poked her tongue out at the larger one who did the same and they both went into class. Brenda caught a breath and felt a numbness in her fingertips. A mixture of shame and desire swirled inside her. A torrent of emotions that created a storm inside her she didn’t know what to do with. Izzellah Ivory was all she could think about. Her face, her smile, the way she said “I love you.”. It lit a fire inside her, one she had to snuff out. It wouldn’t happen. Not anymore. Darren Winton had better chances of getting close to Izzellah than she would ever have again. She had to stay away from the minor...at all costs. Even if she felt she had to do something, even if she desperately wanted to apologize, even if-

*Snap* *Snap*

Brenda jumped in fright at the sudden noise and banged her skull into her locker.

“Earth to Bren.” Rebecca said.

Brenda closed her locker door to see Rebecca standing behind it. Her expression was of dull irritation.

“So the tiny walks by and suddenly you’re on another planet?” Rebecca popped a bubble and the smell of berry and mint wafted passed Brenda’s nose.

“What? No I wasn’t?”

“You were moping when she no showed and now you’re moping now that she is here.” Rebecca put her hands on her hips. “Do yourself a favor and forget about her. No person, no minor is worth the grief you’re putting yourself through.”

“I have to do something.” Brenda slammed her locker closed and eyed Rebecca. Her friend tended to look down on minors. Her attitude toward them was too common for MAJORS. She saw Izzellah as a conquest, a trophy, something to take care of. Inferior beings that didn’t know any better.

“You don’t “have” to do anything.” Rebecca insisted. “Let her live her “little” life and move on. Believe it or not they’re are other minors out there if you just have to have one.”

“It’s not because she’s a minor.” Brenda turned her head. “You just don’t get it.”

“What I do get is that sitting around, hopelessly pining for a girl you barely know is absolutely pointless.” Brenda waved a dismissive hand. “At least learn to put on lid on your emotions so that you don’t turn her brain into pudding. Or do” she shrugged. “This would be so much easier if you just took what you wanted.”

“I can’t do that!” Brenda shot.

“You’re a tier 3!” Rebecca pressed her palm against the locker and cut Brenda off. “Do know what you could do to that tiny, what you could do to other MAJORS? How many people would kill to be in your position? You hit the genetic lottery! ”

Brenda knew part of what Rebecca said was right. Most other MAJORS would envy her position. The highly revered tier 3 status. A key to success. She never saw it that way and now she could only resent her “gift”. A genetic mutation that made her the best of MAJORS and the best of minors. She didn’t want it.

“I have to apologize to her.” Brenda said.

“Pffft. Good luck with that.” Rebecca huffed. “You can’t go near her until you learn to put a cap on your badassness.’

Brenda scowled and walked toward her first period class. She knew she would be late but she didn’t care. Her only thoughts were how to get into the good graces of Izzellah Ivory.

 


 

“What are you doing?” Sabrina asked the minor sitting in a minor desk below her.

Izzellah didn’t respond. Her mind was too focused on scribbling down numbers and equations to work her way through the math quiz. It was more review for the class, but they were equations she’d only seen online. Her primary school only taught her up to multiplication and long division, she had to seek out her own resources for a higher form of learning. Working on practice sheets online was fine, but she often got distracted with the car and it wasn’t the same as actually having assignments and working from a textbook. She relished the challenge as she punched in numbers on her calculator. Math wasn’t her passion but she wanted to absorb as much as she could of concepts that were so foreign to her kind. How many minors even knew what a variable was, or how to divide a fraction? Well she would know.

Sabrina yawned and stretched. Just watching Izzellah work was making her tired. No one should be that enthusiastic about math. It dawned on the MAJOR that this cute minor she was watching might be a nerd! She leaned back in her chair and observed as Izzy continued to type at her calculator. It was a novelty to see one in use. No MAJOR actually needed on for the simple problems on a review exam, and the girl was actually writing out each question instead of just the answer. How long would it take someone to grade that?

“Okay class.” Ms. Applegate tapped her finger against the whiteboard. “Push your desks together in groups of four and turn your textbooks to page ninety-six.”

Sabrina pushed her desk next to one of her classmates, a young man named Johnny. He pushed his desk into hers and another student’s a girl with blue hair named Royce. There was a segment missing from Izzellah’s desk which was too short to connect with the rest. The minor instead decided to stand on her desk which gave her enough height to rest her shoulders on the edge of Royce’s.

“Pass your sheets around and use the textbook to correct each other’s answers. Anyone who doesn’t finish will have to correct it as homework and turn it in tomorrow morning.” Ms. Applegate informed. With her job pretty much done for the remainder of class she sat down with a stack of papers and a cup of something steaming hot.

This is why Sabrina liked Ms. Applegate’s class. The tea drinker never assigned homework. Her excuse was that she enjoyed her afternoons as much as her students but it really didn’t matter to Sabrina. As long as you showed up, paid attention, and did the work she gave you, you were free.

“I can correct your paper!” Sabrina said reaching for Izzellah’s quiz. She was interested in seeing how this minor did math. Before she could however Royce snatched it up and handed Sabrina hers instead. “What the hell?!”

“I’m better at math than you.” Royce smirked. “Izzellah deserves to have her work in the hand of someone who won’t mess it up.”

Sabrina bit her tongue. Part of her wanted to deck Royce in the mouth for her insolence,but she went to examine Royce’s paper instead. This left Johnny’s work in the hands of the minor herself.

“What did I pull the short straw?....uh no offense.” he said.

“What you don’t trust me?” Izzellah queried.

“Applegate actually honors these corrections. I get a half mark for every correct answer you mess up.”

“Reeeeally?” Izzellah raised an eyebrow as she looked over his paper.

“She says it invests the whole class in their education.” Royce snarked. “That’s why you don’t want a dumdum handling your assignments.”

Sabrina grit her teeth! She wanted to mark every answer on Royce’s sheet wrong just to spite her, but Ms. Applegate would notice that.

Izzellah descended down to her desk below them and went to work. She examined the worksheet more intently. It was a series of odd and even numbered questions from the textbook and it only had the answers for the odd ones which meant she’d have to correct half of them herself. She pulled out a piece of graph paper and started writing down the equations. As she did this, she was acutely aware of the small audience that had gathered.

“What’s she doing?” Royce asked.

“She’s writing down the problems. What’s it look like?” Sabrina said quickly.

“Why?” Royce casually penned down the answers to Izzellah’s work. Most of them were correct and the work she showed was very thorough. In total it was an extra three sheets of Izzellah’s hand written solutions and Royce eyed her small stack as the oddity it was.

“It’s because she doesn’t know what she’s doing?” Johnny panicked. “I’m so screwed.”

“Calm down.” Sabrina spat in irritation. “She’s smart.”

“Plus it’s not like one bad grade’s going to ruin your scholastic career.” Royce added with a sinister smile.

“Here.” Izzellah peeped as handed over another light stack of paper to Johnny. “You missed five.” She said.

“No way.” the MAJOR rejected. He looked at his paper in disbelief.

“I can’t tell you where you made a mistake as you didn’t see fit to show your work.” Izzellah uttered. “But I’m confident in my assessment.”

“I want a second opinion.” Johnny handed his paper off to Royce for her to judge. She scanned it in a matter of seconds.

“You were right Johnny, she did make a mistake.”

“Thought so.” He smirked triumphant. “It’s not your fault.” He comforted down to the minor. “Math can be difficult.”

“You missed six questions.” Royce finished. “What did you fall asleep during the quiz?”

Johnny snatched back his paper and broke out his textbook to check his own work.

Royce handed Izzellah her work with the number 17/20 circled on it. She missed three.

“Not bad hot stuff.” Royce winked at her.

“What did I miss?” Izzellah asked as she checked over Royce’s marks on her work. The MAJOR was startled as the minor hauled herself onto the desk and presented her work. “Please show me.”

“Oh!” Royce blushed. “Sure.” She leaned in close to Izzellah and talked quietly into her ear.

Sabrina’s fingers strained against the paper she’d corrected as she watch this unfold. Royce had gotten another perfect score, because of course she did. That didn’t make her better! She wanted to rip the paper in half but she couldn’t give Royce the satisfaction. She took back her test from Johnny who was too busy re-rechecking his work to hand it to her. She’d only missed one. It was an odd numbered question so there was no chance he’d made an error. She took a deep breath to try to control herself. It wasn’t the bad grade that upset her but the scene she was witnessing. Royce had a hand on Izzellah’s shoulder and had pulled the minor into a more intimate proximity under the veil of “helping” her. Royce looked up and flashed Sabrina a taunting smile, relishing in her one upmanship. Izzellah was lost in her attempt to understand the equations, she was completely oblivious to the game being played around her. It was natural for MAJORS to be competitive with one another, part of their design and the reason they had risen to dominance. It was mostly harmless nowadays. Bragging about who was best in academics or sports instead of killing each other over property and status, but now that Izzellah was around it would only get worse. Sabrina could already feel the desire in her, a raise of the pulse, a tingle in the back of her neck, the blood rushing through her veins, In that moment of Royce’s minor triumph Sabrina wanted to bash her skull against that desk of hers. It was almost surprising. She didn’t even like Izzellah, that’s what she wanted to believe, but as she watched the studious minor lean deeper into her work and coincidentally closer to Royce, part of Sabrina wished that was her.

 


 


Izzellah strode at a brisk pace next to Sabrina. Class had just ended and Sabrina was leading her around the halls in the free time they had before the next one. The MAJOR was stomping loudly with every step she took that caused small vibrations in the floor that Izzellah felt through the soles of her shoes. The MAJOR reached her locker and cursed as she attempted to remember her combination. She fumbled with the lock for a few moments before taking the piece of steel and crushing it in her hands. She threw her items inside and slammed it closed  with enough force that it created and echo that reverberated through the halls. For a moment every student looked at her, just a brief moment of silence you would’ve missed if you blinked. Then the hallway was alive with idle chatter once again.

“Pissed off?” Izzellah tugged at the hem of the MAJOR’s skirt to get her attention. Sabrina glanced down at her for a moment and batted some of her curls away from her face in a futile attempt to keep them from covering her left eye. She turned her head and walked off.

“It’s that Royce girl, right?” Izzellah shouted up to her as she jogged to keep pace with the agitated amazon.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Sabrina said. She purposefully increased her speed a bit.

Izzellah now had to run to keep up with Sabrina. “What’s….the...big...deal?” She huffed out between breaths.

“Nothing.” Sabrina lied. She could feel the fury still in her. She really wanted to punch something…or someone.

“You can’t….run away...from me.” Izzellah said full on sprinting now to keep up with Sabrina who was now power walking. “I...can do…..this all day.”

Sabrina put on the breaks as the reach the hallway to the music room. Izzellah nearly collapsed as she came to a stop as well. The minor leaned into the wall and slid down onto her butt. Sabrina almost smiled at the endearing display.

“You wouldn’t understand.” The MAJOR spoke in a half hearted whisper.

“Wouldn’t understand….what?” Izzellah gasped. “That Royce was better than you at math?”

“It’s not-!” Sabrina halted her words. Izzellah didn’t deserve to be snapped at for being ignorant. “Just forget it.”

“Psshh.” Izzellah stood up and turned toward the opposite direction from the classroom.

“Hey you can’t.” Sabrina moved to grab the smaller girl but Izzellah turned and stopped her with a glance.

“If you can’t be honest with me then I’m not sticking around for your music class.” Izzellah fumed.

“Izzellah-.”

“No!” Izzellah snapped. “Don’t even bother! I’m getting real fed up with all your MAJOR nonsense.”

“You can’t just walk the halls in between classes!”

“Of course I can.” Izzellah said. “I’m not your possession. I can choose to do what I want.”

“Izzellah please….I thought things were okay...between us.”

“Not if you’re just going to keep things from me.” Izzellah took a step away. She knew Sabrina was upset over something that happened in the math class and so was she. She couldn’t ignore that haughty comment from Johnny. “Math can be hard.” Did he often demand a second opinion when a MAJOR graded his quizzes? If Sabrina wasn’t going to tell her what her issue was then Izzellah wouldn’t bother. She didn’t have the patience for it. Especially not after….

“Tell me something.” Izzellah said. “If I hadn’t remembered….If I hadn’t figured out what Brenda almost did to me?”

Sabrina flinched.

“Would you have told me?” Izzellah asked.

Sabrina wanted to say yes. She wanted to be the one to offer her that confirmation and security but, she couldn’t lie. Izzellah was a minor and unfortunately that meant there were some things she was better off not knowing, because if she did know? She’d be scared. Sabrina didn’t have the words. Her mouth was dry and her tongue was limp.

“Don’t follow me.” Izzellah said as she walked off.

 


 


Izzellah turned the corner down another hallway to get away from Sabrina. She didn’t care where she was going she just knew she needed to be away less the MAJOR see her cry. She couldn’t let Sabrina see her as even more vulnerable. She stopped her tears. This was not the time for crying. Her first day of school had been robbed from her. This time she would experience it on her own terms. Her first stop was the cafeteria.

Pizza. One thing Izzellah remembered from her first day was eating some of the most delicious pizza she’d ever had. Pepperoni and lobster! Darren Winton had introduced her to it and she just had to have more. Brenda...Izzellah trembled with just the thought of her. She’d said you could request any meal from the chefs in the cafeteria. Useful information from someone she despised. Truthfully she didn’t know how she felt. The full ramifications of being bonded and the fact that Brenda was a tier 3 were beyond her. If she really couldn’t control it then Izzellah truly pitied the MAJOR, but not enough to even slightly curtail the anger she felt and anger was familiar. She could understand it and it would serve her purpose until she actually sorted out how she felt. But there was no time for that, pizza was the priority. That was her goal for today. Pizza and getting through the day without flipping out on a MAJOR for comments like “It’s not your fault. Math can be difficult.”  That Johnny was a real prick.

She turned the corner of another hallway. All of them looked the same and Izzellah feared she’d gotten lost. There were no arrows or signs anywhere that she could see. What did this school do about new students who didn’t know where they were going? Izzellah resolved to find an exit. She could circle around the outside of the campus and try to find the cafeteria that way.

“Lost, tiny tush.” Izzellah heard. She turned around to see a long pair of legs in black knee high socks. She craned her head back to look upward to two round protrusions above her. They blocked the face of what must have been a MAJOR girl in possession of very “robust” assets.

Izzellah stepped back with trepidation. She was alone with this MAJOR who must have been skipping class. There was no one but them in the hallway. Izzellah knew she could handle herself, but what if this MAJOR decided to make a move? Could she outrun her?

“I’m just trying to find the cafeteria.” Izzellah said.

“Looking to chow down?” The MAJOR girl said and Izzellah heard a *POP*. The MAJOR went to one knee and Izzellah recognized her face. She couldn’t remember her name but she was sure she’d seen her before. “I can get you where you need to go.” The MAJOR then scooped her up in her arms.

“Hey!” Izzellah shrieked. She scrambled for her bag. If she could get to her mace she could spray this girl in the eyes. It might not burn but being sprayed in the eyes had to at least be a moderate distraction. She tried to reach for it but found her hand pinned to the MAJOR’s ample busom. Her backpack was pulled away from her and the MAJOR twirled it on her index finger. Izzellah was starting to panick. The MAJOR’s grasp on her was too strong to resist against. It would hurt her pride but the best option now might just be to scream. Someone else would hear here and maybe help.  She sucked in a deep breath and-.

“HEL-” she was cut off as her face was pushed into the supple flesh of the MAJOR’s chest. The intimidating giant smiled and winked at her. If she wanted to play this game then fine. Izzellah bit down as hard as she could. She nipped on the flesh between the fabric of the MAJOR’s top hoping to cause as much pain as possible. In response she just found her head being gripped and pressed in deeper to the point that her mouth and nostrils were blocked. She was being suffocated by a woman’s boobs!

“Look I know you’re all tough and independent. Believe me it’s super hot, but take this advice.” She released her hold on the back of Izzellah’s head and let her breath. “Sometimes it’s okay to just enjoy the ride.”

“You know I’m going to report you for this right?” Izzellah threatened. “As soon as you let me go you’re as good as expelled.”

“That’s not really an incentive to release you then is it?”  The MAJOR blew another bubble at her. “Besides. As far as I see it I’m just escorting a confused minor who got lost and separated from her guardian. Just doing the responsible thing like all MAJORS should.Or are you allowed to wander the halls by yourself between classes?”

Izzellah had to hold her tongue. She didn’t know how much credibility she held in MAJOR society. A few well placed words could cancel any argument she had. All she could do was stare dangers at her captor in a fit of impotent rage. She was completely at the mercy of this superior human. She wouldn’t be able to resist any whim the amazon saw fit to subject her to. Would try to bond with her?!

“Don’t look at me like that.” The MAJOR bit her bottom lip. “I’m doing you a favor.”

“Holding me hostage isn’t a favor.” Izzellah said through gritted teeth.

“Holding you hostage?” The MAJOR pinched Izzellah’s bum. She let out a high pitched squeak that was as cute as Izzellah was irritated. The MAJOR squealed. “You’re just too fun to mess with, tiny tush.”

Izzellah wanted to scream, she wanted to slap this overgrown bimbo in her perfect face. It was just so easy for them! So easy to just take any control she had in her life. She could just be snatched up in a hallway or have her mind violated on a whim. Her mind flashed.

“You’re Rebecca.” Izzellah growled. “I remember you. “All power moves.” is that what this is? Is this your way of hitting on me?” Izzellah felt she could relax a little. She still hated her situation but she didn’t remember this girl being a threat, just a nuisance.

“Maybe.” Rebecca said coyly. “Although making a play for you isn’t really worth it to me.”

“So then what is this?!” Izzellah snapped.

“Fun, tiny. Don’t you know what that is?” Rebecca blew another bubble.

“You and me have two very different definitions of fun.” Izzellah hissed.

“You’re looking at this all wrong.” Rebecca observed. “You see yourself as the prey. Just a helpless little mouse lost in a jungle of hungry tigers. Do you know how many guys would kill to be in your position right now?”

Izzellah raised an eyebrow.

“I don’t want to brag but I’m pretty….attractive to most people and I have certain traits that appeal to people.” Rebecca gripped one of her breasts with her free hand.

“You are bragging though.” Izzellah informed.

“And you get the chance to be up close and personal with them! Free of charge! You’re not the mouse, you’re the poacher! Enjoy it! Most people have to work for this kind of treatment.”

“I didn’t ask for it.” Izzellah crawled over Rebecca’s impressive mounts to look her in the eyes. It was an odd position, she had to balance her hands on the bare skin that peeked out of Rebecca’s open jacket. She tried to hide the blush on her face. “I don’t want your help, your pity, or your affection. I just want to be myself. Live my life. Be a person.”

Rebecca sighed. “Jesus Christ, you two are meant for each other.”  She took her captive and raised her over her head letting each of her sleek little legs rest on her shoulders.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Izzellah asked from her new elevated position. She was so high up! Was this what the world was like for them. Everything that would normally tower over her seemed like it was regular height. It was regular height, she wasn’t.

“Don’t worry about it.” Rebecca dismissed. “Just hold on we’re almost at our destination.”

A few more of Rebecca’s long strides and they’d turned a corner to another hallway. There were two large connected doors on the left wall. The word “Kitchen” was painted on the wall in cursive.

“And here’s the cafeteria.” Rebecca said as she walked past the doors. “And there goes the cafeteria!” she said as she continued down the hallway.

“Hey you said you’d take me to-”

“I said I’d take you where you need to go, tiny tush.” Rebecca chuckled. “You don’t need to go to the cafeteria.”

“Oh so where do I need to go?” Izzellah kicked Rebecca in the shoulder with her heel.

“Here.” Rebecca said standing in front of the women’s bathroom just down the hall from the kitchen. She kicked the door open and walked inside. Izzellah could hear something coming from the room. It sounded like crying. Suddenly she felt a heavy weight on her. Her eyes started leaking and she just wanted to go home. She saw a MAJOR girl with hair of shining crimzon. Her locks were tied in a long french braid. She wore wide brim glasses. It was the girl in her head. Brenda Hawthorne.

 


 

“Fix this.” Rebecca said as she set down her smaller passenger. She gestured her free hand to a startled Brenda.

“Rebecca what are you doing?!” She shrieked. She moved toward them then stopped and took a step back. “She can’t be here. She can’t be near me!”

“What the hell is this?!” Izzellah said as she wiped tears from her eyes. She felt so miserable.

“You two are wound way too tight.” Rebecca said. “Do you see what you’ve done to her tiny. She’s a wreck because of you.”

“I didn’t do anything!” Izzellah argued. “She’s the one who can’t control whatever this is!” She pointed to her face and the tears flowing like raindrops onto the floor. “Look what she’s doing to me!”

Rebecca groaned and then stomped over to her friend who was trying desperately to crawl into a corner and hide. She pulled her up by her shirt color, and then slapped her.

“Fuck, Bren. Get it together! She’s tiny!” Rebecca pointed to Izzellah who was struggling to reach the bathroom door handle. “She can barely open a door.” Rebecca strode over and placed a palm on the face of the door. Izzellah pulled on it to no avail. Rebecca smirked. “Please, fix this.” Her eyes softened and her eyebrows sunk. Her smirk turned from an arrogant show of dominance to a heartfelt plea. Izzellah didn’t know if she actually felt pity or if it was Brenda’s emotions influencing her but...she relented.

“Fine.” Izzellah sighed. She walked over to Brenda who was huddled in on herself next to a toilet. She couldn’t have picked somewhere other than a bathroom? “So what’s your issue?”

“I’m...I’m..” Brenda broke down sobbing in Izzellah’s presence. This made Izzellah start crying herself. At this rate the bathroom would be flooded. “I-”

Izzellah wiped her eyes. “Don’t tell me you’re sorry!” She bellowed. “I don’t want to hear it!”

“I-”

“And don’t start yapping about how you’re a tier 3 and that you can’t control what you’re doing!”

“I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Brenda whimpered. “I don’t want to hurt anyone.”

Izzellah breathed in. She wanted to tap into her rage, but Brenda’s melancholy was overwriting her own feelings. In a less volatile mindset she could recognize that Brenda wasn’t a bad person. Possibly even a MAJOR unlike Johnny or Rebecca who were vary blatant in their attitude.

“Look….you like me right?” Izzellah choked back her own tears. She had to keep breathing to retain some bit of control. It was helping keep her emotions in check. “This is all happening because you have some dumb crush?”

Brenda whimpered in acknowledgement.”

“Well get over it!” Izzellah commanded. “You’re the MAJOR. I’m not worth your time.”

Brenda sniffed in. “That’s not true.”

Izzellah huffed. “What is with you people?” She pushed Brenda’s hands out of her face and wiped away the MAJOR’s tears with her jacket sleeve. “Stop crying already. You’re starting to make me feel bad..well worse than you already are.”

“I’m trying to keep it together but-” Brenda was on the verge of another fit but Izzellah stopped it by shoving her fist into Brenda’s gut. It bounced off with little consequence.

“You really want to impress me? Izzellah asked. She didn’t wait for a response. “Then start acting like the big girl you clearly are.”

Brenda blinked.

“I shouldn’t be in here.” Izzellah actually felt some anger kicking up. Maybe Brenda was gaining some control. “I shouldn’t have to come pick your crying ass up off the ground!” That might be a bad thing. “How pathetic can you be?!” she snapped. Brenda seemed to replace her somber disposition with shock. “You’re sitting here crying on the floor heartbroken from a girl you don’t even know! I mean you call yourself a MAJOR!? I’ve spent most of my life wondering what all the hype was about only to see this simpering, weak, mentally fragile, pile of nothing!”

“Hey I’m not-” Brenda tried to talk but Izzellah was still ranting.

“Don’t interrupt me!” She roared. “I have enough problems on my own without having to worry about how I affect every MAJOR with a fleeting infatuation! I’m still trying to figure my own self out! Don’t project your insecurities on me! I’m not some trophy to be won or a ball in whatever game you giant assholes are playing with each other!” Izzellah’s thoughts were on Sabrina and here strange actions. The animosity for that Royce girl she was hiding  Things she just didn’t understand!

“I don’t think that!” Brenda snapped. “I just like you! Is that a crime!”

Izzellah stepped back. Even a slight outburst was inherently terrifying coming from a MAJOR. Brenda stood up to her full height, completely dwarfing the minor before her. She was now livid with the little speck in front of her. She was minor! It was a privilege just to share air with a MAJOR! “I was trying to be nice! I was trying to do this the right way!”

“Whoa, just calm down.” Izzellah said.

“No!” Brenda grabbed Izzellah and suspended her in the air gripping both her arms.

Izzellah was baffled by the MAJOR’s sudden mood swing. Ten seconds ago she was weeping and now she looked like she was about to strangle her! How did that happen?!

“Everything okay girls?” Rebecca intruded. She had been witness to the whole exchange.

“What?” Brenda seemed to come back to reality. She looked at Izzellah who was still held in her grasp. “Oh no!” she dropped the minor abruptly. Izzellah landed on her knees and fell onto her face. She picked herself up and brushed herself off.

“I’m sorry.” Brenda said. “I didn’t mean to-”

“Just back off!” Izzellah barked. “I-I need to figure out what’s happening!” Izzellah didn’t know what to think. First Brenda was sad, which made her sad, but then she got angry and Brenda snapped right after! Why had she lost her cool like that to begin with. Izzellah rubbed her temple, she was getting a headache and she felt a sudden fatigue. Like she’d just lifted something very heavy. Had she just been bonded? No that was impossible right? Everything she’d read about it said that the minor had to consent. There were apparently some mental barriers in place. She didn’t understand any of it really, but she was sure of that much, or did the superpowers of the tier 3 trivialize that? Or had she?..No? She couldn’t have tried to bond Brenda herself! She was too ignorant! Izzellah cursed her sheltered upbringing. She never valued the bond but that didn’t mean it wasn’t dangerous. Maybe she had more power than she realized. Maybe she was the poacher?! Ugh! No! She would never agree with Rebecca. That MAJOR’s brain was clearly housing in her tits!. She looked up at Brenda who was just as frightened. The rage from a moment ago less than a memory. She seemed like she collapse to the floor and shatter into pieces. It was unique to see a MAJOR look so vulnerable.

“We need to stay away from each other.” Izzellah said.

“But I-”

“I don’t hate you, Brenda.” Izzellah assured. “But I don’t know enough. I can see your a nice girl. Maybe the nicest person I’ve ever met but that’s not good enough. It doesn’t change anything.”

“Please, Izzy!” Brenda knelt down and grabbed her hand. “I just want to be your friend.”

Izzellah had to hold back a quip at being called “Izzy”. Brenda had suffered enough for today. The crimzon haired MAJOR stared at her with the biggest, bluest, puppy dog eyes she’d ever seen. They shined from the reflection of the light and Izzellah already felt her resolve was wilting.

“Fine, we’re friends.” She grumbled. “The special kind of friends who never talk, see each other, or hangout or even like each other. In fact we’re such special friends that we actively avoid being around each other. We don’t need to.”

“Because we’re such good friends?” Brenda added .

“Exactly!” Izzellah agreed. She pulled her hand back. “No one else will even get it, but they’re just jealous.” Brenda actually dawned a hint of a smile at that.

Izzellah turned and stomped toward Rebecca.

“There! She’s fixed! Nice job kidnapping me and forcing me to do your bidding! Very big of you Wonder Tits!” She kicked Rebecca’s shin to no reaction. She mumbled in frustration then squatted down before pumping her arms and jumping. She just barely managed to wrap her fingers around the strap of her backpack but found herself suspended in the air. Rebecca held all her weight easily in her right hand. The MAJOR laughed as she crunched her arm and Izzellah rose and fell with the curl of her arm.

“Good work, tiny tush!” She laughed. She dropped the backpack and let the minor fall on her ass.

“Giant, bitch.” Izzellah uttered under her breath. She went to the bathroom door and went about the struggle of opening the door for herself. Rebecca chuckled as the tiny grunted to pull the door open. She then had to dash to get out before it closed on her. Then is slammed shut behind her and she was gone.

“You shouldn’t have done that.” Brenda said as she rose up. “It was a bad move.”

“Then why are you smiling right now?” Rebecca asked.

“She probably hates you now.”

“Like she didn’t before.” Rebecca laughed. “Besides she just a minor. She’s too naive to realize I’m actually her best friend.”

“You’re delusional.” Brenda smiled.

“It’s what’s kept me going this long.” Rebecca smiled back.

 


 


Izzellah pressed both hands against the kitchen door. It was massive and made of heavy steel. She could hear the sound of pots clanking and sizzling on the other side and could smell an assortment of unique and salivating aromas. Now if only she could get the damn door open. She actually found herself missing Sabrina. Would it kill someone to install a door accessible to minors! She shouldn’t need a bondmate just to get around campus! She grunted and pushed her foot against the tiled floor. The door moved! With a bit of earned momentum she took a step and the stubborn obstruction gave way to her might! She took another step and she was inside! She gasped in relief as the door closed behind her. She’d been momentarily sidetracked with that melodrama Rebecca had forced her into but she still had a mission! Pizza! She would have it! Her father wasn’t a chef and while she was competent in the kitchen almost by necessity that pizza was on another level. It’s crust alone tasted like it was made from flour harvested out of Eden. Sauce crafted from tomatoes grown in heaven and sung to by angels. She would dine on that higher class of cuisine. It was the only perk this school had! She ambled up to the counter that blocked off the cooking area. Of course she was too short to see over it and gain the attention of a chef.

“Hey!” she shouted. “Anyone in here!?” She heard steps. These MAJOR’s were noisy by design. She took solace in the fact that one of them would never sneak up on her. A MAJOR turned around the corner and spotted her. Izzellah nearly shrieked. The MAJOR was dressed in a white chef’s outfit complete with funny hat and an apron. She had pale skin and bright red hair that was loud and demanded attention. It suited her personality much like the alluring sophistication of her sister’s crimzon locks. Fuck.

“Izzy!” Mabel beamed. She jaunted over to the minor and went down to both knees. She took Izzellah in a greedy embrace that knocked the air from her lungs. “Sabrina I found her!”

Soon enough Izzellah’s guardian appeared from behind the counter with a look of relief. She took Izzellah from Mabel and hugged her too.

“I thought I told you not to follow me.” Izzellah mumbled. She had to turn her head to hide her embarrassment and that she was secretly grateful to see her. She sure could’ve used Sabrina in that bathroom. She had offered to punch Brenda if need be. Maybe she’d give Rebecca a good slug if requested.

“I got worried.” Sabrina said. “This campus is huge. I came to snatch Mabel so we could look for you together.”

“Well you found me I guess.” Izzellah said. “What the hell’s Red doing here though?” She asked even though it was obvious.

“I’m in the culinary course!” Mabel chirped.

Dammit!

“Your girl can fight and cook!” She boasted. “I just keep getting better don’t I? You can start falling in love with me anytime y’know.”

“What are you doing here?” Sabrina asked. “I figured you’d run off to the library not the kitchens.”

“Pizza.” Izzellah whispered.

“Huh?” Mabel raised her hand to her ear.

“I wanted pizza!” Izzellah blurted in shame. “Darren the “Winton” in Winton Heights Winton had this amazing pizza the other day and I wanted some more okay!”

“Snnrrk.” Sabrina covered her mouth. Izzellah was sickeningly adorable sometimes.

“Oh! I can do that!” Mabel jumped at the opportunity to earn some points with the minor. “Tell me what you want and I’ll whip up something special just for you, squirt.”

“Don’t call me that.” Izzellah whined.

“You don’t want any of her cooking anyway.” Sabrina warned. “This one time she made a cake for the football team. She mixed up the flour with the salt and added like two cups of the stuff. The whole team got sick!”

“That was like two years ago you scag!” Mabel fumed. “I’m way better now! Better than you!”

“Please!” Sabrina dismissed. “Do you know who my mom is?! I’ve learned more about cooking by osmosis than you ever could!”

“Your mom’s a doctor not Gordon Ramsey!” Mabel denied. “I’m classically trained! I can perform culinary miracles with these hands!”

“You wanna prove it, freckle face!?” Sabrina taunted.

“Bring it on!” Mabel challenged.

“Fine!” Sabrina set Izzellah down. “You tell us what you want on your pizza and we’ll both make one. You get to decide who is best!”

“Look I’m just wanted a pizza okay. I don’t want to get involved in one of your ritualistic pissing contests. I think you’re both pretty or whatever you wanna hear to get me outta this.”

“Pepperoni and lobster!” Mabel said completely ignoring Izzellah’s statement. “I remember Darren ordering it!”

“Pepperoni and lobster it is then!” Sabrina agreed. Both MAJORS stomped back into the kitchen leaving Izzellah confused as to what had just happened. Her day was barely even half over and it was already too much for her. Maybe homeschooling was the better option. She could always get a degree online, because going to school with MAJORS might kill her.  

 

Chapter End Notes:

And there's a chapter! A lot of Brenda in this one! You figuring stuff out? Maybe understanding the bond and MAJORS a little better?...No?! Huh?...How about Rebecca? She's a....person. One commentor probably doesn't like her. Is it you?

Seriously though this is my first time experimenting with the giving tiny bits of infomration thing and letting you readers make your own connections. Normally it would just be one long paragraph explaining eveything. A meteor hit and the radiation gave everyone extra arms or something. 

Leave a comments if you feel inspired to give me praise or rip me a new one! 

NotSirk OUT!