- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Behold the thrilling second half! I know you were all dieing to read it maybe!! It's here so quick right?! I was actually writing it when I posted part one. Enjoy! Or don't. Although I don't know why'd you'd bother reading a story you didn't like so chances are if that's the case you're not reading this either. 

 

MAJOR/minor Chapter 3: MAJOR/first step (part two)

 

Izzellah was having second thoughts about her decision. As she walked through the cafeteria she felt like a lamb lost in a jungle of hungry tigers. Was it really the smart move to abandon the relative safety Sabrina and her friends provided over an insult? She gripped the strap of her backpack a little tighter and quickened her pace. Part of her new she wasn’t in any real danger. Sure she’d read about MAJOR/minor biology online, she knew of the MAJORS disposition for bonding, how it was almost like an addiction, how wars were fought even to this day over minors in third world countries and she’d seen more than a few police procedural dramas highlighting MAJOR on minor assault...but these were modern times. People evolved. This wasn’t an overdramatized television program designed purposefully to incite and interest for ratings, this wasn’t some third world country where civil laws and liberties weren’t enforced, she wasn’t living in the past where justice was often dealt out by the end of a sword or a gun. These MAJORS were as likely to attack her as she was to go down on all fours and start hunting for food with her teeth.

Izzellah took a deep breath. She had this. She just wished they didn’t stare so much! She knew she was a novelty. An unattended and unbonded minor just walking around. Truthfully most of them probably just wanted to be her friend even if just on a shallow and self interested level. Suck up to the new minor and score a free bond right? She just didn’t know what all the hype was about.

Mabel’s words echoed in her mind. “You’ve forgotten what paradise feels like.”

Hmmph! She remembered very well what it was like to be bonded to her papa! It was just years ago, back when she was just a child. Most minors were bonded to their parents for safety. Prevent a toddler from walking into traffic or something like that. She just remembered feeling warm and happy and yes it was nice, but as she got older she’d discovered actual real things that made her much happier. Like cars, and dancing, and independence. Compared to that a bond was nothing. It had to be something MAJORS played up. A cheap ploy to enforce even more control over her kind. THEY needed it more than her. She knew she had found their weakness. It couldn’t be the other way around, could it? She was basically a bond virgin. Bonding with your parents never counted. Similar dna confused things and parents always practiced restraint. Not that most parents got to bond with their kids anyway in this day and age. But she’d never actually had a MAJOR friend her entire life. There was no moment where she could share something special with someone she trusted. Maybe that was why it didn’t matter to her. Part of her knew that was the real reason she insisted on coming to a MAJOR school. She wanted to find a partner. Someone special for her first time. Izzellah was surprised she could admit that to herself. She hadn’t even told her papa. It was something she had to do herself. Not wait for it to be arranged or go to some facility. It was her moment to create and her gift to give. But were there even any worthy candidates here? Sure every single one of them would be a willing volunteer. She could shout “Looking for a bond.” and they’d all form a fucking line. Izzellah closed her eyes and shook her head. Enough of this for now. She really just wanted to be alone and eat in peace.

After searching around she finally found an empty table in the corner of the cafeteria. She was just tall enough to climb onto the bench without completely embarrassing herself. She let her feet hang over the edge unable to reach the ground. She procured the second of three bite sized cucumber sandwiches and her schedule. It was virtually useless now that she was chained to Sabrina’s schedule but it still showed her minor class that was coming up right after lunch. She wasn’t looking forward to it. If they were anything like her primary school or her homeschool courses it would be drivel. She remembered in fifth grade learning things like how to cross the street, or how to signal your MAJOR to pick you up when you’re tired. Nothing real like how to balance your checkbook, or buy a house, or apply for a job. Maybe high school would be different but she doubted it. Most minors didn’t bother with high school at all. It was probably more like daycare. Someplace to put your minor while the MAJOR was busy learning things like history or science. It was frustrating how her species was perceived. Simultaneously viewed as a precious commodity more valuable than gold or jewels, near royalty in their prestige, but also seen as helpless babies who couldn’t even cross the street unattended and needed naps to get through the day. Sickening! That wasn’t going to be her life. She’d open an auto shop, or become an actor, or dance on broadway. It wasn’t impossible. There were accomplished minors all through history. TIny people who dared to break the mold. She would be one of them and an example for the new generation of her kind. If there even was one. Sometimes she felt like she was an endangered species. No maybe she’d do something more. Try to help foster a resurgence in the minor population, create a new renaissance for minor kind. Try to fix some of the damage these MAJORS had created. She paused and held a moment of silence in honor of the those who died in the “Dark Age”. A big black stain in the self aggrandized legacy of MAJOR history. The reason minors were so rare now. Probably the most significant age in human history and something she knew absolutely nothing about except what to call it. That was another reason to attend school. To actually learn what happened to her people. Her father didn’t know. When she’d ask him where the rest of the tiny kids where, he would just shrug and shake his head. Although her papa’s not what she’d call an academic. She’d never even seen another minor until she went to primary school, a school with a total attendance of 35 students. She was the only minor in her neighborhood and apparently one of only thirteen minors in a student body that must of measured in the hundreds if not thousands.

Izzellah’s mind buzzed with more thoughts like these. It was what she did most days to keep herself busy. It was part of the reason she liked working on cars. It was more than a hobby she inherited from her papa. It kept her mind clear and probably prevented her from going insane. God she just wanted to be in her garage right now. Maybe change the oil even though it didn’t need it, or check the air pressure on her tires, anything really. Then she heard a the sound of creaking metal and felt a large presence next to her. She looked over to discover a massive MAJOR young man grinning at her. He was tall and muscular, he had lightly tanned skin with a crop of brown hair slicked back. He flashed a mouth of pearly white teeth at her as straight as a ruler and winked at her with a emerald eye.

“It’s a crime that a cutie like you is eating all alone.” he said. He cocked an eyebrow and his teeth actually glinted as he smiled. “The name’s Winton. Darren Winton.”

“The “Winton” in “Winton Heights” “Winton”?” Izzellah asked.

“Correct, beautiful. And the Winton in “Winton Academy” and “Winton Housing” and “Winton General” and-”

“I get it you’re rich.” Izzellah deadpanned. “Why are you bothering me Darren the “Winton” in “Winton Heights” Winton?”

“Well Ms….”

“Ivory.” Izzellah sighed.

“Well. Ms. Ivory.” He stretched his arms out behind him and let one rest on the table behind her. “I saw you eating here all alone, just begging for some companionship and decided to do the chivalrous thing and join you.”  

“How noble of you.”

“I thought so.” He bragged. “Smart move ditching the freshies by the way.” He used his thumb to point at Sabrina’s group. Her and Mabel seemed to be arguing. Probably over Mabel’s complete lack of tact or manners. “They can’t teach you what you need to know.”

“And you can Darren Winton?” It was Izzellah’s turn to raise an eyebrow.

“Sure can doll. You see, I kind of run things around here.” He breathed into his hand and wiped at his navy vest with the school emblem on it. His family’s emblem.

“Really?”

“Best wide receiver on the Winton Titan’s team, On the honor roll. Generally amazing. People look up to me.”

“Not very hard with your head in the clouds I’d wager.”

“Ooh! You gotta little spice to ya! I like that.”

“I’m still not quite sure why someone as important as you walked all the way over here to meet a minor girl like myself.”

“Girl you’re the most interesting thing to happen to this school since it was founded. I know you know that.” He leaned in a little closer.

“I’m not so sure Darren Winton.”

“You’re a celebrity, girl!” he flattered. “And you deserve to be treated like one. That’s why I’m going to give you the honor of giving me the honor of your presence at my table.”

“This table’s nice.” Izzellah informed. “It’s sturdy and clean, well except for this one horrible blemish right about where you’re sitting, but don’t worry I think it will be gone soon.”

“Aww don’t be like that princess! I want to show you the finer things. The cooks here can make anything you want. And lucky for you I have an in with them. You’re here eating sandwiches when you could be dining on lobster!”

“I like my cucumber sandwich Darren Winton.”

“Okay I get it. Bunny’s playing hard to get. I have time. Lunch just started. I can sit here and we can talk and eat.” He snapped his fingers and suddenly two MAJORS rose from the table he was at and brought him a large, flat, rectangular box. He opened it up to reveal a steaming pizza inside.

“Pepperoni and lobster.” He said. “You haven’t lived till you’ve had a slice.”

“I think that’s a little too much for me.” Izzellah said staring at a slice of pizza larger than her head. She had to admit it did smell good.

“But that’s the beauty of it babycakes. We can share. You take one end and I’ll take the other and we can…..meet in the middle.” He smiled that teeth glinting smile again.

“Darren?” Izzellah asked up to this incredibly attractive and incredibly full of shit MAJOR.

“My name’s not babycakes.” She continued. “It’s not doll, it’s not bunny, or princess or cutie or girl. It’s Ivory. Izzellah Ivory. And if you actually want to get a chance to know me and aren’t just not some superficial asshole looking for a bond you can restart this by calling me that.”

“Okay Izzy! This is a start then?”

“Not Izzy, Darren. Never Izzy. Not for you.”

“Okay, Izzellah. How about we get to work on this pizza then.” He ripped off a minor sized chunk for her.

“Darren, fuck off.” Izzellah heard as she took the slice offered. MAJOR and minor alike looked up from the bench to see a new MAJOR. A tall redhead with long crimson locks tied back in a french braid. She wore a vest as well instead of the standard Winton jacket and had black wide brim glasses on her freckled face. To her flank was an even taller brunette girl who left her jacket unbuttoned at just the right length to show off some rather deep cleavage. She also seemed to be chewing something.

“You are obviously bothering this poor girl.”

“Dammit, Brenda! Can mind your own business!?” Darren snapped. “Me and Izzellah here were just becoming friends.”

“That’s not what it looks like to me Darren.” Brenda said. “Now fuck off before I get you booted off the team.”

“I don’t care whose daughter you are Bren.” Darren raised up showing the size advantage he had on both amazons. How tall did these MAJORS get!? “Besides, Coach Abe doesn’t have the balls to kick me. I’m the best player he’s got!”

“You wanna put that to the test?” Brenda threatened. “Better yet I’ll just have Rebecca kick your ass.”

The brunette cracked her knuckles as she blew a pink bubble from her mouth. It popped and she went back to chewing on it.

“Then I’ll just leak those pictures of you from the pep rally. You know the ones showing you filling the-”

“Bitch! You said you deleted those!”

“I always have copies Darren.” Brenda informed. “It helps me blackmail mouth breathers like you.”

“Fuck!” he cursed. Darren turned back to the minor girl who just watched while nibbling on her slice of pepperoni and lobster. “Look, Izz. When you’re done dealing with these two bitches. You know where to find me. We’ll do a real lunch big city style.”

“Bye, Darren.” Brenda smiled and waved as the defeated Winton stormed off.”

Izzellah wasn’t quite sure what she’d witnessed but now she had two new MAJORS in front of her who apparently thought it was a good idea to interrupt her peace and quiet. She was really regretting leaving Sabrina’s group.

“So what was that?” izzellah asked. “Is it part of MAJOR culture to partake in dick measuring contests? I guess yours is bigger.”

The brunette laughed out loud before gagging as she nearly swallowed her gum. “I like this girl!”

“The redheads face turned brighter than her hair. “S-sorry Madam Ivory.”

“Madam?”

The redhead went to one knee in front of Izzellah. “It was not my intention to disrupt your meal Madam Ivory. It’s just….Darren Winton is bad news. I didn’t want you to be taken advantage of.”

“I...uh appreciate your concern.” Izzellah was astonished by the sudden formality. “My papa’s warned me about guys like him. Although I will admit this was my first time seeing one in the wild.” She took of bite of her pizza. “This is amazing pizza though. It’s a shame really.”

“You can make a request for any food you want anytime an hour before lunch.” Brenda said. “It’s nothing special.”

“So ummm Brenda.”

“Hawthorne.” She said. “My name is Brenda Hawthorne. And I would very much like to get to know you Madam Ivory.”

“Because I’m a minor right.” Izzellah noted.

“W-well, yes. B-but also”

“But nothing!” Rebecca interrupted. She picked up Izzellah and cuddled her close to her oversized chest.

“Rebecca you can’t.”

“Yes I can.” she said.  She held Izzellah close to her face. “Listen tiny. I really admire your spunk. Little minor girl taking on the big world all by herself. It’s real inspirational. But understand this. You are the forbidden fruit, Izz. We are all looking to take a bite.” She pecked Izzellah on the cheek then placed her on the table. “That’s mine. That’s what you’ll get if you bond with me. No games girl.”

“Rebecca!” Brenda chastised.

“Rebecca!” she mocked back. “She’s fine! I didn’t hurt her! I just got into her personal space a little. She’s a big girl! If she can’t handle a little tease then she’s already shark chum.”

“Well at least you’re honest.” Izzellah said wiping off the lipstick on her cheek. “But seriously don’t touch me or I’ll have to report you, Tits Hemingway.”

“Hah!” Rebecca laughed. “See!”

“I-I apologize for Rebecca too.” Brenda said taking a seat at the table.

“Don’t apologize for me!” Rebecca shot. She sat on the other side and put her feet up. “I’m not ashamed for who I am. All power moves, Izz. These tits aren’t on display just because I’m vain!”

“It’s an act. She’s actually very nice.” Brenda insisted.

“I’m sure.” Izzellah replied.

“Listen, Madam Ivory. I-I would like to get to know you. Just to make my intentions clear. I-I’m not trying to pressure you. I just think we’d be a good fit. Even just as friends first. And then     maybe even one day we-we…..we.”

“Could bond.” izzellah finished. “You can say it geez.”

“I don’t want to offend you Madam Ivory. I don’t want you to think bad of me.”

“I don’t know what to think of you Brenda. I don’t know what to think of anything.” Izzellah revealed. “This is all new to me.”

“Then please, Madam Ivory.” Brenda offered a hand. Izzellah took it. “Only think good things.”

Izzellah blushed. Her body was suddenly flooded with warmth. “Only think  good things.” She heard. Suddenly the world seemed more vibrant, more alive. Like someone had turned up the contrast in her mind. She smiled as she looked at Brenda. The girl was glowing.

“You’re looking pretty good.” She slurred. She walked over to Brenda and pressed her face into her chest. “Soft.”

“M-madam Ivory!?” Brenda said startled. She wasn’t sure what to do. The minor had just thrust herself into her arms and was now snuggling her chest. How do you react to this?

“You are cute Brenda.” Izzellah said. “And you feel really good. I think I’m coming around to you.”

“I-I’m flattered.” Brenda said. She took a hand and cradled the back of Izzellah’s head.

“No way!” Rebecca exclaimed with a greedy smile.

“I will take care of you Madam.” Brenda said as her heart went a flutter. Her own minor! She couldn’t believe it.

“I know you will Bren.” Izzellah said. She leaned in with her mouth open. Brenda almost fainted. She wanted a kiss. Her first kiss!

“Do it Bren!” Rebecca encouraged. “Give her what she wants!”

Brenda leaned in ready to share in this wonderful moment. Her whole life would change after today. She closed her eyes and…...felt a hard sting to the side of her face. She’d been hit so hard she her glasses fell off. She opened her eyes to see Sabrina glaring daggers at her with her hand raised to slap her again.

“Brenda what the hell are you doing?!” Mabel screeched at her.

“What?!” the redhead said panicked.

“You’re trying to bond her Bren!” Mabel said.

“What?!” Brenda froze. Her heart nearly burst from just the idea. “I would never even think of-”

“Look at her Bren!” Mabel said.

Brenda looked at the minor in her arms. Izzellah’s eyes were glossed over. Her face was flush and she was sweating.

“I love you, Brenda.” She mumbled.

“Oh my god!”

“Put her down.” Sabrina seethed. “Now.”

Brenda released the tiny, gently laying her on the table.

“I-I didn’t...I didn’t” she felt the tears well in her eyes. “I”

“Bren you need to leave!” Mabel said. “You need to get as far away from Izzellah as you can!”

Brenda’s mind was in chaos as a storm of emotions and crossed wires flooded her psyche. This was supposed to be the greatest day of her life. Now it was a nightmare.

“Now, Bren!” Mabel shouted.

Brenda snapped into reality. She picked up her glasses and ran out the cafeteria with the burden of what she’d done and the scornful stares of MAJORS on her.

“Fuck.” Rebecca cursed. She stood up and casually strolled after Brenda.

Izzellah giggled as she laid flat on her back and stared at the ceiling. She could see colorful spinning stars in the sky. She wondered where that cute redhead went. For some reason she was sure she’d make a perfect bondmate.

 


 

 

“What the fuck was that, Mabel?!” Sabrina bellowed. She looked at her friend with absolute hatred in name of the minor that was splayed out on the table drunk off her ass on Brenda’s emotions. “Why would your sister do this?!”

“Sabrina she’s a-”

“What?! A rapist?! She could go to jail for this shit!”

“She’s a tier 3!” Mabel shouted at her enraged friend.

Everyone at the table gasped except for Izzellah who just laughed.

“What’s a tier 3?” She chuckled.

“Why didn’t she tell anyone?” Sabrina asked. “Why is she allowed to be around minors?!”

“What minors?!” Mabel asked. “The handful of minors here are all bonded. And the one’s who aren’t don’t just walk around like a free all you can eat buffet!”

“Ahhh!” Sabrina groaned not having an answer or an outlet for her frustrations.

“What am I gonna do?” Mabel asked. “If Izzellah reports my sister she’ll get expelled.”

“She should get expelled!”

“She didn’t know what she was doing?!” Mabel defended. “What were the odds an unbonded minor would just show up one day?”

“She’s not going to report your sister.” Riri finally spoke. Both of her panicked friends turned toward her. “Just look at her.”

“You know what I like?” Izzellah said. “Dancing!” Izzellah leapfrogged off her back and spun in a circle on one toe. Then transferred into a moonwalk.

“That was probably her first real experience with bonding ever.” Riri informed. “She’s on cloud nine and no offense to your sister but that bonding was totally shallow.”

“What about when she sobers up?” Sabrina asked.

“She won’t even remember.” Riri said. “She’s in love with Brenda right now. She’s in love with the world right now.”

Neither dominant girl knew what to say. When it came to bonding Riri had the most experience out of the three by a long shot.

“Ask Peter. He’ll tell you.” she said.

“It’s true.” he mumbled. “Riri had to tell me it even happened the first time.”

“Did you really feel nothing from all that?” Sabrina asked the male minor.

“Nope.” he stated. “Honestly I’m not even sure what’s going on right now.”

“Why are you guys being so grouchy?” Izzellah jumped in between them. “Today’s a good day! I’m at school can you believe it?!” She gave Sabrina a hug, then Mabel a hug, and then Riri a hug too. “And I made a bunch of friends! I was so worried about that.”

She sat down into  a thinking pose. “You know I worry a lot actually. About me, about my papa, about the future, about my car. I need to relax more.”

Izzellah popped up and slapped Sabrina on the shoulder. “You know what? You can drive the Mustang. It’s modified for MAJORS and minors! When I get those tags we’re rolling girl!”

“Wow.” Sabrina noted. “She is off her ass.”

“No she’s just real.” Peter informed. “Probably for the first time in her life.”

“Too bad she can’t be “real” all the time.” Mabel snarked.

“Mabel.” Izzellah went to the her. “I’m still really upset about those comments you made. But!...You’re Sabrina’s friend and Sabrina’s okay, and you’re Brenda’s sister and Brenda’s amazing so you’re probably okay too. Apologize and we’re square.”

“Sorry.” Mabel apologized.

“We’re square!” Izzellah beamed. “Isn’t it great when things work out?”

Then the bell rang signaling fifth period classes.

“Whelp we all know what that means!” Izzellah grinned. She took a running start and leaped off the table and over the bench to the floor. “Come on, Sabby! I’m yearning for learning!”

Sabrina shrugged completely lost and unsure. Would Izzellah actually not realize she’d almost been bonded? It didn’t seem like she was the type of girl who would just let something like that slide. She followed after her minor charge to the next class. One thing she did know was that if Brenda was a tier 3 it would be a long time before Izzellah would be safe around her unbonded.

 


 

 

Brenda sobbed into her knees next to a locker in an abandoned hallway. All the students had went off to fifth period but not her. She was too distressed. How could she have made such a stupid mistake?! She thought she’d had it under control.

She heard footsteps and then a loud *Pop* She opened her eyes to see a pair of black sneakers attached to long strong legs covered in black knee high socks. Above that was a dark skirt and then the underside of prodigious mounds covered in a navy jacket.

“So I guess you kinda fucked up huh?” Rebecca said after popping another bubble.

“Just go away.” Brenda sniffled.

“So what? You a tier 3?” Rebecca inquired. “Why you never tell me?”  

“I didn’t think it mattered.” Brenda wheezed. “I didn’t expect to run into the girl of my dreams out of nowhere.”

“Girl of your dreams?” Rebecca sat down on the floor next to her distressed friend. “You got it bad for the tiny huh? I mean she a cute little filly but she ain’t worth crying over.”

“You don’t get it.” Brenda croaked out. “She was actually coming to school. To learn! I-I ruined that!” Brenda broke down again.

“You didn’t ruin nothing.” Rebecca said. “That minor’s in her little class having the time of her little life.”

“You don’t know that.” Brenda said.

“What did you say? Something like “Only thing good thoughts” or some shit yeah?” Rebecca put an arm and brought Brenda close to her. She let the girl cry into her chest. “You just guaranteed shorties first day at school in the MAJOR leagues was a good one.”

Brenda just continued to leak tears and stain Rebecca’s jacket.

“Enough with the crying girl. You got nothing to feel bad about. You just need to reign it in a little.”

“I’ve been trying but, I don’t know what happened.” Brenda’s breath seemed to calm a little. “I was just so happy.”

“I can’t believe you’re allowed to walk around like this. You’re a mess Bren.” Rebecca noted. “I’ll give you credit though. I talk a big game but you really take it to eleven! Hah!”

“It’s not funny, Bec!”

“It kinda is.” Rebecca teased. “Smart little Bren all quiet and superior losing her shit and going gushy for a tight body tiny! Tries to bond her in broad daylight. In front of everybody!”

“What if she hates me now?!” Brenda looked up pleading.

“Hate you?!” Rebecca exclaimed. “She’s gonna love you for the rest of the day! In a way you gave her what she wanted.”

“Huh?” Brenda breathed up through her nose sucking in a trail of snot. Not very flattering.

“Don’t play dumb, Bren.” Rebecca said as she pulled out a tissue from her breast pocket and handed it to the distressed MAJOR. “Little tiny’s mind was an open book. No walls at all. You felt it. We all did. Tough little minor wants to prove she’s a big girl, but she’s really just looking for a friend. How sweet!”

“Bec, you didn’t!”

“What? You didn’t take a peek? I told her I was taking a bite! I just hid it better than you did. Don’t be jealous.”

“I’m not j-jealous.” Brenda denied. “I’m just embarrassed. I should have a lid on this. I’m a  MAJOR!”

“Bah! MAJOR/minor. Fuck it both I say.” Rebecca spat. “Now stop ruining my jacket and get your shit together.”

Brenda dried her eyes and stood up. Rebecca stood up to and found her jacket soaked through on her left breast.

“Sorry.” Brenda said.

“Whatever.” Rebecca took off her jacket and tied it around her waist leaving a short sleeve dress shirt. A very low cut dress shirt. “I guess the boys are getting a good show today.”

“Thank you, Rebecca.” Brenda said.

“Yeah, yeah! “I’m actually very nice!” Bleh. Come on hot shot. Let’s get to class and figure out how to hook you tiny tush without you fucking her mind like her tight virgin ass deserves!”

 


 

 

Izzellah sat attentive in her minor class. She had been dreading it all morning but for some reason now she didn’t mind. She’d almost say she was excited for it. She looked around the large classroom. She was early, the teacher wasn’t even there yet. She saw two rows of desks her size each ten long. She took a seat at the front. Sabrina went to the back of the room to where a MAJOR sized round table was. There were a number of chairs there as well and she took a seat herself. Sabrina turned around and waved to her MAJOR protector. She waved back.

Sabrina had to smile. This “real” Izzellah was so eager and excited. Nothing like the sour, prickly princess from before at all. Could the bond really illicit such a drastic change? She never knew. The door opened and in walked Riri Samson and Peter Silver.

“Pete!” Izzellah said. “Petey over here!” She gestured for Peter to sit next to her. He did and Riri walked over to the table and sat next to Sabrina.

“Wow.” Riri observed.

“Yeah.” Sabrina agreed. “I think she’s coming down a little but yeah. Is this normal?”

“I don’t know.” Riri said. “I only know how Peter acts and he just gets super quiet and serious.”

“But he’s always quiet and serious.”

Riri shrugged. “Not always.”

“So you’ve sat in on these minor classes before.” Sabrina leaned on the back legs of her chair. “What’s it like?”

“Boring.” Riri said. “I usually veg out. Read or.” She retrieved a portable gaming device from her pocket. Sabrina heard the iconic jumping noise of a Mario game.

“Come on, Riri!”

“What? It’s like dumb life skills and stuff. Minor history. Stuff we learned in first grade. Bonding exercises and socializing techniques. It’s all really bland. The only really fun stuff is at the end. MAJOR/minor mobility strategies. They teach you different ways to carry them around.”

“I don’t think Izzellah’s gonna go for that.”

“Maybe not before but who knows now. She might enjoy it.”

More minors started funnelling in with their MAJOR caretakers. Some were fellow students, most were parents. They also took seats at the table.

“Looks like we have someone new.” Said an older man with dark hair. “Who’s yours?” he asked Sabrina.

“The girl in the front row corner seat. Her name’s Izzellah.”

“Nice name. You know my son would love to meet her.”

“Calm down, Rich.” Riri said not looking up from her gaming.. “She’s not on the market.”

“Look! Okay. Just keep me in mind if things change. Romeo’s a good kid.”

“That’s what you always say Rich.” Riri mused. “No offense, but I’m in Romeo’s class. He sucks.”

“Same thing goes for Peter too, Riri.” Rich informed. “Romeo could be in that seat instead of you. That’s all I’m saying.”

“Peter would never go for Romeo.”

“Oh and you just know Peter so well don’t you?” Rich grimaced.

“He’d never be interested in Romeo! Romeo’s too loud, too boisterous. He streaked across campus on a dare Rich!”

“That was Romeo!” Sabrina gasped.

“What are you doing here anyway?” Riri pressed. “I thought Lisa got bonded.”

“They broke up.” Rich sighed. “She’s heartbroken. Only has her brother and old man to lean on in her time of woe. So I’m stuck here babysitting.” He nodded to his daughter. She was tall for a minor. Very tall. They had their own nickname called halfsies. She was very lanky with glasses and braces and hair tied in two pigtails. She took a seat behind Izzellah and the three minors started chatting.

“She doesn’t look very heartbroken to me.” Sabrina observed as the halfsie girl laughed out loud.

“She’s masking her pain.” Rich said. “My little girl is so strong! Makes a father proud.”

“You talking about the new girl?” Came another voice. It was a student. She had jet black hair and light yellowish skin. She sat down across the table.

“Actually Rich was hard selling his son yet again.” Riri said.

“Romeo Watermeine…..the nudist. His merit is significantly less than the common denominator. He does not hold up to the standards expected from MAJORS. It will be very hard to find him a minor. Statistically more difficult than that task already is.” the girl said

“Beh.’ Rich moaned. “Kids these days.”

Finally the teacher came in. She was a MAJOR woman on the slightly shorter side. She sat down in front of the class with crossed legs. “Hello my lovelies.” she whispered. My name’s Christine. Who’s ready to learn?”

 


 

 

“Breath in deep.” Christine said. The class of thirteen minors formed a circle around her on the floor. “Breath out and open your mind.”

Izzellah breathed in. She felt a little silly doing this, but she was in a good mood.

“Minors are susceptible to a variety of stressors throughout their life.” Christine said. “It is important in these times to take a break and practice relaxation. You are safe. You have nothing to worry about.”

“I am safe.” the group of minors said. “I have nothing to worry about.”

Izzellah snickered at this.

“Today we will be working on emergency solutions.” Christine said. “So in most situations where you ever feel confused or stressed it’s best to notify the nearest MAJOR.”

The minors nodded in agreement to this. Izzellah was a little thrown from this but she nodded along. It made sense in theory but she had a few questions.

“What if the MAJOR isn’t someone you know?” Izzellah asked.

“Why would you be with an unfamiliar MAJOR?” Peter queried.

“Like if you’re out shopping or something.”

“Why would you shop by yourself?!” Said Lisa.

“I don’t know? Like if I was hungry or needed toilet paper or something. Does it really matter?”

“Why wouldn’t your MAJOR go get things for you?” Christine gasped. “Are you an orphan?!”

“What? No!” Izzellah denied. “It’s just my papa works all day. It would be nice to go shopping instead of him having to go out. Maybe actually make a meal for him when he gets home.”

“That sounds dangerous.” Christine said. “Kitchen’s hold many appliances that can be fatal to a minor. Let alone the countless variables going outside would entail. It’s much safer to trust a MAJOR for such things.”

“I don’t want to rely on my papa for everything.” Izzellah said adamant. How could she make them understand? She was fighting generations of societal conditioning. “I want to do things on my own y’know?”

Every minor stared at her like her head was on fire.

“I think I get it.” Lisa said. “It’s like...I like going to the movies but it’s super annoying to bring my dad because he talks to the screen all the time. It’d be cool if I could just go by myself once in awhile. I’m 19. I think I should be able to see a movie by myself.”

Izzellah wasn’t quite sure that comparison was correct but at least Lisa got the idea.

“It’s not that simple.” Christine smiled down to them. “You minors are a precious gift to the world. The bond is the key to unlocking the greatest in human potential. Many people are desperate for it and not all of them are good. That’s a sad fact of life. Without a MAJOR you trust bonded to you….well it can end badly.”

“Badly?” Izzellah was curious. “How badly?”

Christine sighed. This lesson was going in a darker direction than she’d intended. “I don’t think that’s a proper subject of discussion.”

“Why not?” Izzellah continued. “What’s so horrible about a minor doing things by themselves, living on their own? I know it’s been done before.”

“Nothing!” Christine swerved. “You’re absolutely right. It has been done before. There was even a time when you could see minors walking peacefully down roads unattended. You had whole cultures, communities, but that was before……”

“The Dark Age?” Peter Silver finished. Every minor except Izzellah’s expression turned hard and distant.

“This really isn’t a very fun topic. How we about we transfer to lift and carry drills!” Christine proposed in a desperate attempt to salvage the situation.

“.......What is the dark age?” Izzellah finally asked. Her voice was low. She was actually scared. “I tried to look it up online but I only found a link to a documentary I couldn’t buy.”

“A Terrible Mistake by Francis Luke Renard.” Christina said. “You will never find any information on the Dark Age, Izzellah. That information is purposefully suppressed.”  

“Why?” came a voice Izzellah didn’t recognize. It was a slightly

chunky middle eastern boy with an english accent.

“It’s an embarrassment for all MAJOR kind.” Christine said. “Do you really want to know this?”

Every minor nodded yes.

“Maybe-maybe I can get permission to show the film in class.” Christine revealed. “But it will take a few weeks if it happens at all.”

“Christine I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Rich said.

“I have a responsibility as a teacher.” Christine informed. “I can’t just lie to them. We can’t!”

“I don’t think I want my daughter in the class anymore!” the man stood up from his chair and took Lisa by the arm. “Come on honey!”

“Daddy no!” Lisa screamed. She yanked her hand from him even though he was too strong for her to free herself. “I want to hear this. I want to see the film!”

Rich’s heart broke as he saw his daughter’s strained face fighting him. He released her arm. “It’s not good, honey. It’s not good.”

Izzellah felt guilty. She didn’t think her questions would cause problems. She just wanted to know why. Was that so wrong?

“Not good?” Peter looked at the teacher confused. “I mean I know humans can do bad things. War still exists. Slavery and racism and murder too. So it can’t be that bad.”

“I-I think I’m going to end this conversation now.” Christine said under her breath. Her eyes were strained and her smile was fading. “Just know this my lovelies. No matter what happened in the past. We’re here to help you and protect you. It’s every MAJOR’s responsibility to shepherd the minors. We have to bring you back to where you once were. Some of us choose to abandon that obligation in exchange for fleeting gratification. Those people are the most dangerous. That’s why you need a bond. With someone you love. Someone you trust.” Christine took in a deep breath and suddenly her chipper demeanor rebounded. “Now I think we’ve all earned a nice break!” She beamed. She turned and walk toward her day bag and procured a large tupperware container and a picture with orange liquid inside. “I brought cookies and orange juice for everyone!”

 


 

 

Izzellah munched on a cookie nearly the size of her body as she jogged to keep pace with Sabrina. The MAJOR girl was escorting her to the front of the school to meet her papa. In the afternoon every MAJOR attended special courses. Izzellah was prohibited from these and she knew it was because of the bond...or more the fact she was unbonded. So until such a time as she bonded herself her day would still end at 1:00.

“So what are these “special” courses?” Izzellah said up to the amazon.

“There like yours but different I guess. We get to learn self defense!”

“Like fighting?”

“Yeah!” Sabrina put on a wicked grin. “You wouldn’t believe we get to kick each other’s ass at school! I actually wish you could come. I’m taking Mabel down today! I want you to see it. She’s not as good as she says she is.” Sabrina started jabbing at the air in front of her.

“What else?”

‘How to bond with a minor safely.” Sabrina turned to her and leaned down to look eye to eye. “You know that’s why you can’t come. It’s super dangerous for you.”

“You underestimate me kid.” Izzellah said to her younger guardian.

“Pfffft! I probably do!” She smiled. “I”m starting to believe you can take care of yourself.”

“Thank you.” Izzellah said. “I know I’ve been pretty mean to you and I still don’t like you but I appreciate what you’ve done for me.”

“It’s nothing really.” Sabrina turned away. It was hard to look at this alluring minor. The tiny girl was unaware of the power she had. Those eyes could melt.

“It’s not nothing!” Izzellah said grabbing her face. “Because of you I had my very first day of school. “Real” school. I can hardly believe it. I want you to know that means a lot to me. Thank you Sabrina Rodriguez.”

“Izzellah.”

“Izzy.” she corrected. “You can call me Izzy…….but don’t make a fucking habit of it.”

“Izzy. Thank you.”

“Izzellah Ivory.” Both girl turned to see the MAJOR girl from the class before; the one with black hair and yellowish skin. She was clearly some sort of asian. She went down on both knees in front of the two and presented Izzellah a card. On it had her name “Mei Lin Masumoto” and her telephone number. “You intrigue me Izzellah Ivory. I find your attitude refreshing and your looks quite appealing. I think we have a similar perspective on the world. I wish to formally request a bonding with you.”

“What?! I-”

“You do not need to answer now Izzellah Ivory.” Mei continued. “I just wish to be placed in running as a worthy candidate. Among the ranks of Darren Winton, The Hawthorne Sisters, Rebecca Swann, Romeo Watermeine and of course….Sabrina Rodriguez.” She locked eyes with Sabrina.

‘What?!...Who the hell is Romeo Watermoon?” Izzellah was confused.

“Please consider me. Izzellah Ivory.” Mei grabbed her hand and suddenly a tiny paper rose appeared there. “I will serve you for as long as you’d have me.”

“Ummm.” Izzellah wasn’t sure how to act in this situation. She felt like she’d just been proposed to. “I..will consider you? I guess?”

“Thank you.” Mei’s face wore the slightest of smiles. “Sorry to have bothered you.” She raised and took Sabrina’s hand in a firm shake. “Sabrina Rodriguez, as the clear front runner that makes you my greatest obstacle. I look forward to face you on the field of battle...and beating you for Izzellah Ivory’s affection.”

“Excuse me?!” Sabrina fumed. This Mei girl squeezed her hand tightly so Sabrina squeezed right back.

Izzellah looked on in awe as the force of this handshake had the crushing power to flatten a car like a tin can.

“Look, chan.” Sabrina smirked. “If you fight then bring it, but I have no place in this little game of yours. I was just watching this squirt for one day.”

“Of course.” Mei said. She took back her hand. “It was an honor meeting you both. Good day.”

“What was that?” Izzellah asked. “This is the second time I’ve seen this weirdness. This is some MAJOR thing right? You’re all just in some big pissing contest with each other?”

“Kind of.” Sabrina chuckled.

“Well leave me out of it. I actually don’t give a shit about any of you.”

“Too late Izzy.” Sabrina said. “You should’ve stayed your ass at home if you wanted that. Now everyone knows you’re here. That’s a really big deal.”

“I just wanted to go to school!” Izzellah stomped her foot.

“Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is what school is. A bunch of horny teens crawling over each other.”

“I wish someone had told me that earlier.” izzellah spat. “I would’ve brought more mace.”

“You have mace?!” Sabrina’s eyes bulged.

“Yeah!” Izzellah showed off her spray can that the principal never confiscated. “I also had a baton but I think my dad’s been using it as a toothpick.”

“You’re a strange girl Izzy.” Sabrina smiled.

“You can’t handle it kid.” Izzy boasted back. “So don’t even try.”

“Izzy!” Izzellah heard in a rough and warming voice.

“Papa!?” She turned and saw him leaning in the door frame. She couldn’t contain her happiness. She ran toward him. “Papa!” she jumped into his arms.

“How was your first day at school kiddo?” He said embracing his daughter in a big hug. “Everything you expected?”

“More!” Izzellah beamed.

“Thank you for looking out for her today.” Ignacio said to the MAJOR girl in the hall.

“It was nothing really.” Sabrina said before walking off.

Ignacio waved and headed out the door to take his daughter home and with that Izzellah finished her first day of school and took a first step into a MAJOR new world.

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

And thus I've managed to set up a bunch of things without actually answering anything! Haha! Get beat noobs! Now's the perfect time to take a long break and leave you all hanging indefinetly. Who will win the battle for Izzellah's soul? You'll never know! 

For real though. This story is really fun to write so I'll be coming back to it. I get to give characters a bigger role than they had in "Small." Aren't Darren and Rebecca actually the best characters of all time? 

Leave your opinions or whatever. Go crazy No wrong answers. Get hypothetical on the clavicle! What the hell am I talking about?! You know what don't say anything. I'm clearly insane. See ya's . 

............................................................Actually please do comment