- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just keeping it rolling while I feel motivated.

    Jason stumbled into his room, his heart beating a million times a minute and his ears ringing.  His stress level was as high as it had been all day, and he suddenly felt weak.  He ambled over to a dirty shirt on the floor,  before collapsing face first into it.        

 

   As he lay there, the more he thought about what had happened, the weaker he felt, until  he was barely able to move.  Almost being caught now messed up his whole plan.  He had made it to his destination, but now Kylie was aware of his condition.  

 

      That was a set of eyes that he didn't need constantly looking for him as he moved around the house.  He wasn't sure that even if he got in touch with his parent's, that they would come home immediately.  He could be on his own in the house with Emily and Kylie for up to a week.      

 

As his mind processed all the possible solutions and problems he might encounter in the near future, his stress level rose, exasperating his sudden weakness.  Moments later he succumbed to the stress and passed out.  

 

        Kylie closed her door and leaned back against it, still clutching her books.  She stared at the wall in front of her, unable to cope with what she had seen.   "It was Jason.  It had to have been.  But he was. . . He was. . . Tiny. " she thought, standing in silence. Her brain was plagued by so many questions, and the more she thought of, the more she knew. . . She had to find him.  . .   

 

Jason woke up, a puddle of drool by his cheek. He lifted his head and looked around.  He had finally made it.  His bedroom.   All he had to do now was make it to his phone, which was charging on the night stand by his bed.      

 

   The  fact that help was soon to be on the way calmed him down significantly.  He stood, feeling his strength return in part as he began the journey across his clothes laden floor.  As he walked, he looked around, for the firsr time able to enjoy the scenery as he was in a place familiar to him.       

 

To his left, his scissor door closet half cocked.  On the floor of it, his miniature model of the death star he had put together a few years ago and forgotten about.  He smiled.  He would definitely have to go back and check it out at this size.  Next he passed his headphones on the floor.  Blue dre' beats.  He stopped and ran his fingers over the b on the side, the earpieces up to his chest.  He imaged listening to his favourite music fully surrounded by it and laughed.  All the while feeling better and better.  He hurdled the head piece that held the two speakers together and continued on.      

 

     Walking past clothes piles and mountain dew bottles he began to relax and enjoy himself.  It was peaceful here in his fortress of solitude.  He liked to spend most of his time here when he was at home and not in the lab with his dad.  His mom's company was fine, but his Amazonian sister and her manipulative brunette sidekick gave him reason enough to stay hidden.  "Fuck em!" He thought to himself as he trudged on.      

 

He looked up out his window, the old oak tree was all he could see but it was enough somehow.  He began to cross the last empty stretch before the night stand.  Things were finally looking up.  He grinned as the beam of sunshine from the window warmed his face as he walked through the patch.  It was peaceful here.  Quiet. .  . 

 

THUMP THUMP THUMP. .  .BAM! the floor shook and Jason barely had time to turn around as Kylie burst through his bedroom door.  She quickly flipped on the light, and he was caught out like a cockroach.  Her hazel eyes scanned the floor and spotted him almost immediately.  Before he had the chance to do anything, she hurried over to him and scooped him up.  She ran back to the door,flipped off the light and closed the it, retreating back to her own room.  The whole raid took about 5 seconds.   

 

 Kylie closed and locked her door, careful not to be too rough with the tiny captive she was cradling like a small animal.  She slowly opened her palms, revealing the small treasure inside. 

 

   "(Cough. .cough) KYLIE, WHAT THE HELL!"   Jason yelled up to her.  "J-Jason? Is. . . Is it really you?" She asked nervously, he eyes darting around his tiny body, studying him intently.  "Yeah, it's me Kylie" he said as he struggled to stay stable on her lightly shifting hand.  "What. .  . What happened!? You're. .you're so. . " she struggled to cope.  "I know, I know.  Look, can you please just put me down and I'll tell you what happened. " "o-Ok jason" she replied, walking over to her bed and sitting down cross-legged.

 

      She carefully set him down, setting her palm flat so he could step off on to her bed spread.  Jason stood for a moment, taking in the sight of his giant little sister.  She stared back, brushing her bangs out of her eyes unconsciously. She spoke first.    

 

  "So. .so what happened to make you. . .like this?" She stammered.  "I was. . Working on something and needed to grab a part from dad's lab when i-"  "you're not supposed to go down there when dad's not home!" The 11 y.o blurted out. "I- I know Kylie, but this time. . " he corrected, choosing his words carefully "this time he said it was ok." "Is that when you wrecked his lab?!" She asked excited.  "I didn't. . WRECK his lab. . It was an accident." He answered, trying to keep his cool.  "That's not what Emily said! She said you trashed it!"     

 

Jason took a deep breath.  " well she lied Kylie"  "why would she say that?" She asked immediately.  "Because she just wants to get me in trouble." He said.  "Now can I continue the story now please?" She nodded, adjusting her glasses.  "Ok, so I went down to get something from the lab, and I "accidentally" tipped over some chemicals and-"  "did you clean up the mess?!" She interrupted"  "OMG!" Jason thought to himself, yelling internally. He rubbed his temples. "N-no Kylie, but that isn't important right now Ok?  So I spilled the chemicals and an explosio- I mean uh. . . The next thing I knew, i was tiny like this."  He said carefully leaving out certain details.  He was sure anything he said would be relayed to Emily and it was in his best interest to not give her any more ammunition.  

 

    " so what happened next? Why were you on the stairs? She inquired, readjusting herself on the bed and almost causing Jason to fall over.  He recomposed himself.  "Right. . .the stairs." He began again.  " so after I got shrunk, I was stuck on dad's lab right? And that's when Emily came down and saw the accident and then she-" " why didn't you ask her for help?" She asked honestly. Jason knew she was right, but wasn't about to explain the complexity of the fact that the odds of Emily crushing him, were far greater than the odds of her helping him.  " Because she's a. . .she. ." He began, again sensoring himself.  "Because she went back upstairs before I could get her attention" he said finally.     

 

"Ok, so you were on the lab. ." She prompted him to continue " I was on the lab, and I had to figure out how to get down, so I pulled dad's microscope cord up and I-"  "wasn't it really heavy for a little guy like you?"    "Well it would have been!  Except for I'm super stro-. . .i mean. . .this one was just really light.  Anyway, I used it to climb down onto the floor.  After that, I climbed all the basement stairs into the kitchen."    

 

   "And then what happened?" Jason could tell she was getting into the story.  He thought about it "I started down the hallway right, and that's when you came in. So I-"  "why didn't you ask for MY help?!" She asked, a look of astonishment on her face.  "Well I was afraid you. . .i was afraid that seeing me like this. . . Would.  . .make you . . .really. . .sad?" He said, sort of as a question or statement that he really didn't even believe himself. "I. . .i could handle it!" She said semi-defensively   

 

  " I know that now, but I just wanted to leave you alone. " he said, falsely reassuring her.  "So I decided to hid-I decided to stay in the bathroom when you walked by.  Then I started to climb the stairs to get up to my room an-"  "That's when I saw you!" She interjected. " ye-Yeah. " he answered quietly.        "You should have been more careful, I totally could have squashed you Jason!"  "Probably not, I'm pretty durable no- I mean,   yeah.  . I was being careful. " her eyes narrowed slightly.  Jason was aware of how smart Kylie was for her age, and he sensed his facade might be wearing thin.  "Ok, so why were you going to your room?" She asked, continuing the dialogue.  " I needed to get to my phone, so I could call for help."  She stared for a moment, before her eyes lit up.    

 

   "Why don't we just go get Emily now! You said she just didn't see you before right?!" She exclaimed, genuinely proud of herself for being helpful.  "NO.  . .DO NOT, DO THAT."  Jason said immediately. "But why? She's just listening to music in her room. . . EMIL-!"  She began to yell "KYLIE, SHUT THE HELL UP!" He screamed at her.  She glared down at him.  "Lo-look Kylie, I'm sorry, it's just that. . . Emily is. . . I'm worried she won't be . . Nice to me. . If she finds me like this.  I just need you to take me back to my room, so can use my phone."  

 

  "I'm pretty sure she will help you, she's your big sister." She said positively.  "Yeah fucking right" he thought to himself. " and I'm your big brother, and I'm telling you to just take me to my phone!" He said, trying his best not to sound irritated.   

 

   "I'm bigger than you" she said bluntly.  That was one of Jason's pet peeves, Kylie was known for just saying the first thing that came to mind.  "I know Kylie, and that's why I need your he-"  "I'm gonna go get Emily, she will know what to-"  "WILL YOU STOP WITH FUCKING EMILY!' Jason screamed finally losing his patience with the preteen negotiations.  He immediately regretted it.      

 

 Before he knew what was going on, something slammed into his chest like a car, sending him flying back and landing on a wrinkle in her bedspread.  He looked up to see that she had just flicked him.  "Dont talk to me like that like!" She said loudly "I'm not stupid.  And I can tell there are things you're not telling me!"    

 

Jason felt the anger in him building, the pain in his chest faded immediately.  He stood up and walked closer to her.  "Kylie. . .i know you're not stupid. .but right now I just need you t-" "she'll help you I promise!" She insisted.  "KYLIE, JUST PLEASE STOP FUCKING AROUND AND TAKE ME TO MY PHONE!"  He said loudly.  All control of the situation was gone now.      

 

A look of hurt flashed on her face, before it quickly turned to determination.  She brought her left hand up, crossing her thumb and middle finger for another flick.  Jason saw it coming and put out his hands She released the shot,aiming for his chest but to his amazement, he was able to catch her finger mid-swing.      

 

She was unfazed, bringing her right hand in this time.  Jason only had to to release her finger and block his chest.  This time the flick connected solidly, sending him tumbling back.  He stood up, more pissed than ever, again the pain was gone instantly. 

 

    "Next time it will be in the balls!" Kylie said, readying both hands.  Every action movie he ever saw came to mind as Jason dodged her fingers, she missed with the right, then the left as Jason ran for the edge of her bed.  He was moving on pure instinct now as he went along.  He dove to the right in a tuck and roll as he narrowly avoided her palm.  She ground it into the mattress, only to lift it and see she hadn't caught him.      

 

Jason sprinted to the edge, and like something out of the transporter, he baseball slid over the edge, grabbing the fabric of the blanket with his right hand and using it to control the speed of his descent.  He landed with a roll and looked up at the bed where he had just come from, some 30 feet above his head.   a huge grin on his face, He was pumped.   His victory was short lived, as he saw Kylie's giant bare feet swing over the edge from above.  He sprinted away, putting a fair amount of distance between, as she planted them firmly on the ground.  

 

   Jason watched in awe as his colossal sister stood from her bed. The springs creaked lightly as she stood.  His eyes traveled up to her face, expecting to see anger, but there was only a smirk as she brushed her bangs out of her eyes.  "You really want to do this right now?" She said smugly, as she adjusted her glasses, then put her hands on her hips.     

 

He took her in, his giantess sibling. There she stood at a toweing 90 feet tall.  It was like a scene out of God of war. "Kylie, don't make me hurt you!" He let loose with the old cliche.  He was nervous, but the 14 y.o kid in him felt that this was epic.  "Yeah right" she laughed "Say that when you're squashed!"

 

  The game was on.