- Text Size +

Jason nudged the mouse, prompting the screen to turn on. He was greeted with a password page for the user log in of one (Dr. Anderson.) He stood for a moment thinking, before an odd intuition hit him. He walked to the keyboard and began to punch keys.



He hit enter, the computer loaded for a second, but then to his surprise, accepted his password. The next screen loaded, the desktop. It was filled with tons of different folders, none of which Jason recognized. Most were just 3 and 4 number letter-number combinations. That's when he saw one that got his attention.


[HgX]


"What the fuck is this?" Jason mumbled to himself, as he maneuvered the mouse over it and clicked.


He was met with a plethora of new folders and video clips. His mind began to reel as he took it all in. He had to start somewhere, so he clicked on [subject profiles]


What opened next was two picture profiles side by side. The one on the right was a man and the one on the left was a woman, although they looked to be related.


[Brooklyn O'Neal]

[Age:24]
[Sex:Female]
[Height:5'4]
[Weight:123lbs]
[Status:alive]

Jason studied the woman's face. The picture was plain looking, with a grey background that had a height scale. It reminded him of a prison mugshot. She had Sandy unkempt blonde hair, and her face was pale and gaunt. Her eyes were grey and she wore no make up.


Next he turned to the man.


[Anthony O'Neal]

[Age:24]
[Sex:male]
[Height:5'6]
[Weight:145lbs]
[Status:deceased]

"They must be twins." Jason thought to himself, skimming through their life details, most of which lined up perfectly.


The man was standing in front of the same background for his mugshot. He had a buzzcut and the same grey eyes as his sister, his face seemed skinny to the point of unhealthy as well.


Jason backed out of profiles and searched until he found a video labeled [test01]. He clicked in.


It was two camera views next to each other, both taken from behind a glass wall. In the room on the left, the woman "Brooklyn" was strapped into a metal medical looking chair. She was in a grey set of scrubs. Her feet were bare and it appeared that her wrists and ankles were bound. An IV was inserted into her arm. In the room beside her "Anthony" was strapped in the same way.



Jason hit play.


[The date is April 6th, 2007. Dr. Mark Anderson overseeing. This is human test 16. One male, one female subject] a man's voice said from somewhere off camera.


[Initiating HgX flow] a woman said.


Jason's eyes were glued to the screen as a flow of blue liquid appeared in both IV' s and made its way into the subject's veins. Both Jason and the screen were silent. He waited for 30 seconds before losing interest.


"What the hell, what a waste of ti-"


Suddenly both subjects began to react. Jason watched as they both began to whimper, fidgeting in their respective seats. Heavy breathing set in. In the background, a heart rate monitor began to quicken its pace.


Anthony was the first to snap. He began to scream at the top of his lungs, his body spasming violently. As he watched, Jason swore he saw Anthony's shoulders become slightly wider and His muscles more defined.


As impressive as it was. . . . .it was nothing compared to what happened next.


Brooklyn's chest began to heave, and with it, her fairly small breasts seemed to be expanding. She let out a cry of pain as he leg muscles contracted, then shot outward taking on inches in both length and diameter. Side by side Jason watched as soon she outgrew and began to dwarf her brother as the all too familiar shape of an Amazon appeared in the seat before him. Her voice got a tone deeper, and by the time she'd finished growing, the straps holding her stretched and snapped.



"Holy shit!" Jason said under his breath.


The footage faded out, and reappeared as a doctor was examining them afterward. He was a tall man with brown hair, although grey was beginning to show through. He looked familiar to Jason. Maybe one of his dad's colleagues, but at this point, he prayed it wasn't true.



The doctor had Anthony on one of those scales that had the height stick built in. He slid the weight back and forth until it balanced.


[Weight. . . . 162lbs.]


Next he measured Anthony's height.


[Height. . . . 5'9]


From behind the camera, a small bout of applause broke out, and Anthony flashed a smile as the doctor patted him on the shoulder.



Anthony walked off screen, and next his sister entered. As soon as he saw her, Jason became uncomfortable. She was in a bland beige bra and panties. She wore foam flip flops and her hair was in a pony tail. Her expression was cold and angry. A look he knew well.


As she neared the doctor, their difference in size was apparent. She wasn't more than an inch taller than him, but the bust and hips that formed her hour glass shape, made the doctor look like a twig.


Brooklyn stepped out of her sandals and on to the scale. It immediately slammed to one side, indicating her weight was nowhere near her brothers. The doctor slid more and more weights until finally it lifted and began to balance.


[T. . Two. .two hundred and. . . ] was all the doctor managed to say, as he stared in disbelief.



Suddenly Jason heard a voice that made his blood run ice cold. An older sounding woman chimed into the p.a. in the room.


"Out with it, doctor." It said in a sultry, smug way that female villains in movies always used.



The doctor composed himself.


[Weight. . . 251lbs]



"Jesus!" Jason said in disbelief. "There is no way she can weigh that much!"


Jason suddenly remembered Mya talking about himself, and how much more dense his body structure was then normal.

[Height. . . 6'5] the doctor said.

This time, there was a lot more applause, noticibly more female applause, but Jason thought nothing of it.

The video continued.

Brooklyn stepped off the scale and Anthony reappeared on screen. They both stood on either side of the doctor for a photo. The doctor put a hand on Anthony's shoulder and as Jason watched, the man slipped his hand around her waist and subtly cupped Brooklyn's right butt cheek.

The cameraman was just about ready for a photo, when Brooklyn lashed out. She knocked the doctors hand away and gave him a massive shove. The smaller man crashed into a desk in the corner of the room, papers flying everywhere.

Brooklyn squared off with her brother, and although there was no audio at this point, it appeared he was talking her down. A moment later, they both knelt and put their hands on their heads as armed guards rushed in. From there the video ended abruptly.



Jason just stood for a second, processing the information. Finally he composed himself, and continued snooping. His curiosity was peaked, when he saw a file named [combat]


The video opened in what looked like a mixed martial arts octagon. Anthony was in the ring, wearing spandex shorts and some sort of electronic collar. Jason assumed it was to monitor his heart rate among other vitals.

Next, 2 armed guards escorted Brooklyn into the octagon. He thought he could be imagining it, but he swore she looked like she had gained even more weight and maybe even an inch or two. She absolutely dwarfed her once bigger brother. His body was smaller in everyway, yet he showed no fear as she made her way into the ring. She also wore the collar and had on the same spandex shorts and a matching top.

[This is combat test zero zero eight. Both subjects have no prior experience.] A man said from behind the camera. [Commencing.]


A bell rang, and the siblings stepped out with their bare fist up. They circled, Anthony trying to keep his distance as his reach was massively outmatched. As Jason watched, both seemed to be adapting as they each began to land blows. Instincually their hands stayed up and their head movement improved.

Suddenly Anthony shot for a takedown, but he was stopped in his tracks as he met Brooklyn's thick body. She took only a step back before she raised her hands over her head and brought them down in a powerful smash on Anthony's back. He dropped to his knees and spit some blood, but continued forward, snagging her legs and taking her down.

Anthony slipped her guard and in a flash, had her in an arm bar. After a moment, she tapped out, and he released her. Behind the camera there was light applause.

[Our male subject seems to be adjusting well. His instincts are taking over and introducing his body to concepts we've shown him subliminally.] A man said.

The brother and sister stood up and squared off again. Jason watched as suddenly, Brooklyn's collar showed a red light and she dropped to her knees convulsing as it seemed to be shocking her.

When it finally stopped, she stood, but this time her stance was that of a grappler and not a boxer. She was breathing heavily and all of her mannerisms seemed to change.


The bell rang and Anthony again tried for a takedown. This time Brooklyn countered with a kick the stomach. Anthony bent over, clutching his stomach. From there she followed up with a left cross that dropped him to the mat. She jumped on him immediately and pounded him into submission until a guard had to intervene.

Now bruised and bloody, Anthony stood and as Jason expected, his collar turned on and shocked him. He began to scream, but it didn't seem to have the same positive results as it did on his sister. When he was finally able to stand, he was wobbly and couldn't seem to keep his hands up.

Before the next bell even rang, Brooklyn rushed Anthony. He could do nothing as she tackled him, her weight knocking the wind out of him as she landed heavily on his upper body. She pinned his arms under her shins, leaving his face exposed and smashed him with 3 lefts that snapped his head around. A guard once again tried to intervene but she stood before he got there, and met him in the middle. Brooklyn knocked his hands away before grabbing him around the neck and slamming him to the ground. The blow apparently knocked him out, because there was no response after.

She stood and lifted a bare foot above his head

[Shut her down.] The man behind the camera said, urgency in his voice.

Brooklyn dropped her foot, brutally stomping the man's head and face.

[I said shut her down!] He screamed as Brooklyn lifted her foot for another stomp.

[Not yet, Dr. Anderson.] The chilling female voice said calmly.

Another guard rushed in, but with a lightning fast combo of punches, she finished him off too. By this time, Anthony had found the strength to stand.

[Neutralize target!] The man yelled at him. Brooklyn turned to him and slowly walked towards him. He threw a slow punch that she blocked with no effort before wrapping her arms around him in a bear hug, trapping his arms at his side's. Anthony was scooped up and off his feet, hanging limply in her grasp. Brooklyn took a deep breath, then began to squeeze.


Anthony threw his head back, his mouth open, and a low gurgle coming from it. He had a moment of relief as Brooklyn adjusted her grip, before she layed
in again, this time, soft pops and creaks coming from him. His head only hung now.

Jason knew what was about to happen next, as she adjusted her grip again. He didn't feel he was mentally ready to see it, and closed the video. He stood for a few minutes, his spirit crushed as he thought about what he had seen and how it mirrored his situation with his own sister's in so many ways.

He scanned the other folders, not sure he was prepared for any more anything. One folder did catch his eye, the title reading [distribution]

He was about to click on it, when he looked at his watch. An hour and a half had passed and his friends would be back any minute. He backed out of everything and put the computer back to the log in screen.

Jason made the trek back to Mya's room, just as he heard commotion up stairs. His friends were laughing and talking as they walked down the stairs.





Chapter End Notes:

The plot thickens.