- Text Size +

Clyde was already gone to school by the time Jason woke up. He ate the food Clyde had left him, before diving back into the year books to kill the time.


Clyde's older sister kimmy had graduated 2 years earlier, and was now going to college two cities over. Jason had known her for his whole life, and aggressive or bitchy wouldn't describe her. She really only demanded respect and compliance when she was left in charge by their mother, and even then, nothing she ordered was unreasonable.


That is what stumped Jason as he flipped through the pages of Kimmy's senior year. The only thing she had that fit the profile was height. While not big by the current school standard, she stood at a healthy 5'10 and weighed around 150 pounds. Just enough to trounce her little brothers and their friends if they mouthed off to her.


At 3:45, Clyde came strolling into his room.


"No Rachel or Mya?" Jason asked, a little disappointed.


"Uh, not yet. Mya had school shit to do and Rachel had to run her sister somewhere. They'll be here by 6 . I talked to Malcolm and A/V Steve though. They will be ready for it when we get there."


"Ok." Jason replied.


They were quiet for about 20 minutes while Clyde unwound from school . Finally Jason spoke.


"So Emily didn't fuck with you today?"


"Eh. She knocked my books out of my hands after second period, but I'll take that over the many painful alternatives. " Clyde said as he leaned back on his bed, closing his eyes.


"I imagine she is just pacing herself for tonight. What a bitch!" Clyde said, dejected.


"Don't worry dude. The plan is going to go off without a hitch and it's going to be epic!" Jason said, Trying to pump his friend up. Clyde said nothing.


"What's wrong man?" Jason asked, concerned about his buddy.


"It's just. . . . Emily is going to fucking kill me whether or not this plan works out. I'm over getting humiliated and beaten up, dude."


"We all have your back. We aren't going to let her fuck with you." Jason said, reassuringly.


"Oh great! Because I totally have faith in a tiny guy, a short bald chick and a know it all, to keep me safe from an army of Amazons!" Clyde said sarcastically, rolling over and burying his face in his pillow.


Jason didn't know what to say. At this point, his track record for keeping his friends out of this was 0 of 3. Jason really wanted to show Clyde what he found in the year books, but a pattern of girls getting physically larger wasn't the best pick me up for the time being.

Jason simply sat, feeling time pass as he waited for someone in a better mood to show up. Around 5:40, Mya knocked gently on the door, before walking in. She was wearing a flannel button up shirt with a red bubble vest. She had on old holey jeans rolled at the ankles and an older pair of Chuck Taylor's.

Clyde lifted his head when she walked in.

"Jeez! It could very well be the last night of our lives, and she's dressed to go camping!" Clyde complained, putting his head back down.


Mya had pulled out his computer chair and was about to sit, when she changed her mind. She turned and jumped, plopping down on Clyde's back.

"What did you say ass face?" She asked sweetly, ruffling his hair.

"Tell me again why she is here!" Clyde screamed into his pillow.

"I personally think butt cheeks are a far improvement over what you are normally working with." Mya said, winking at Jason as she stood up and sat down in the computer chair

"Whoa! What are you doing with these year books!?" Mya asked, flipping through the pages.

"It's nothi-"

"Jason is researching the conspiracy that all the girls in the school are freakishly big and unreasonably mean and or aggressive." Clyde interuppted, suddenly interested.

"Hmm." Mya said, thumbing through Jason's marked pages and notes.

Jason held his breath. If he was on to something, someone who fit the description of the accused was the last person he wanted seeing this. Let alone probably the smartest person he knew after his dad.

She stared for longer at certain pages than others before closing the book.

"Well? Are we on to something?" Clyde asked hopefully.

Mya just smirked. "Did you ever think that maybe every girl in school is bigger than you, because you guys only sit around playing with dolls and on the computer, instead of exercising?"

"So then what's your excuse? You're a bigger nerd than we are!" Clyde snapped.

"I don't know, I just figured I was big so I could more easily sit on little twigs like you!" She laughed, pointing at Clyde.

As she said that, Rachel walked in.

"Hey guys, she said quietly, taking a seat cross-legged on the floor.

"Are you guys ready for this!?" Jason asked happily.

They could read it on his tiny face that he wanted this more than anything.

"I think we should go over the plan one more time." Rachel said nervously.

Clyde sighed. "Since when were YOU such a perfectionist? I've seen your paintings. Unless you were holding the brush with your feet, order and form aren't your bag!" He said, laughing.

Immediately after, Rachel's face turned red in annoyance.

"How's that plan to avoid Emily for the rest of your life coming along, ass face?" She shot back, striking multiple nerves hard.

Clyde's face went pale.

"Seriously. . . . Do-Don't call me that!" He stammered, his bravado deflated.

"Awww, you hurt his widdle feelings!" Mya chimmed in.

"Whatever! Just go over the plan Jason!" Clyde snapped.

"Ok. First of all, Clyde. You'll be in the loading yard on the ground. You need to meet Emily when she shows up. She will most likely have 5 or 6 of her friends with her. Once they are in position, Rachel will get their attention from the roof. When they are distracted, you run to the loading dock and Malcolm will open the door and let you in. As that is happening, Rachel will light the fuse and her and Mya will toss the bomb." Jason explained.

Everyone agreed on the plan and after killing some time just talking, the clock read 7:45

"Alright, let's go." Jason said confidently.

Rachel grabbed Jason and they left Clyde's room. Clyde looked out the living room window, making sure the coast was clear, before they walked out to Mya's car. Clyde and Mya loaded the bomb into her trunk as Rachel got into the passenger seat and set Jason on the dash. Mya put the car in gear and left Clyde's neighborhood. Jason looked out the window, watching the massive world pass by, making him feel even more insignificant. Finally striking back at Emily in any way, gave him some semblance of control in his life.

His heart began to pump, as they reached the last left before Mertle's, but it skipped a beat as Mya turned right and started driving away.

"You know Mertle's is the other way right?" Jason said, chuckling softly.

Mya said nothing. She didn't even look at him.

"Mya! " he tried again as the car got further and further away.

"Rachel?. . . .where is she going?. . . . Clyde?"

No one answered him. They all just looked straight ahead as Mya came to a gated community in the newest part of the city. She typed in the code, and the gate swung open. She drove in and a couple blocks later, pulled into a driveway.


"Guys. . . What the fuck are you doing?" Jason asked, beginning to panic.

"Look," Rachel said, rubbing her shaved head. " we decided it would be best if you stayed here.


"What? Why?" Jason asked in disbelief.


Clyde only looked away.


"Think about it." Mya said finally. "What if somehow Emily catches us after this. All this work would be for nothing if she boxes us in somewhere and you just happen to be there for the taking. We agreed that we are all ok with whatever happens to us, but we can't let her get to you. My house is the last place she will expect, plus it's gated. "



Jason knew she was right, but this was his moment. It was something his soul needed, to be able to heal. He looked around for anything he could do, but it looked like he was trapped. He stood still as Mya grabbed him and took him inside.



Jason breathed, getting more and more pissed off as the seconds past by. Mya carried him down into the basement, passing by multiple rooms with closed doors before opening one on her right. She flipped on the light, and he saw that it was her bedroom. She set him down on her dresser and bent over to talk to him.



"Ok Jason." She said taking a deep breath. " I know you're mad at us. . . .i completely understand that, but you need to understand where we are coming from. You trusted us to help get you out of your house, now trust us to take care of this.



Jason said nothing, turning away from her and folding his arms.


"I promise we will come back as soon as we're done, and we will all laugh about it. 2 hours tops."

Jason didn't look at her, but flipped her the bird, letting his emotions take control.

"Listen to me, this part is important. I know exactly what you're going to do. You're going to wait until I leave, and the second I do, you're going to throw a little self-gratifying tantrum. Then you're going to "bust out" of my room, and go on some "epic adventure" around my house. "


Jason didn't confirm or deny her accusations.

"But let me advise you. . . . Don't. Just stay here, play on my laptop and stay out of trouble." Mya finished, giving Jason an intense look that scared him a little.

"And if I don't?" Jason asked defiantly.

He flinched as Mya's hand came into view and encircled his tiny head. She didn't touch a hair on his head, but Jason felt her presence full force.

"Right here." Mya said, focusing on her hand and somehow staring right through Jason. Her tone even more intense, although her voice was quiet and intimate.


"Right here, for 3 hours. It would take only seconds to squeeze the blood from your brain, then. . . . . Then I would hold you in that small window of hell, between losing control of your limbs, and losing consciousness."


Jason's blood ran cold as he felt something change in Mya. He was seeing a different side of her. A side that rarely showed through, and for good reason. Something in her voice, the way she explained herself as if he wasn't even there, told him that if it came down to it, she would have no problem ending his life.

"M-Mya, you better get going. You're gonna be late." Jason said, taking all his courage to just not piss himself.

Mya visually seemed to snap out of a trance, removing her hand from Jason's head.

"Oh yeah, you're right. I'll see you in a little while Jason, wish us luck!" She said cheerfully, before setting her laptop up for him and walking out like nothing had happened.


As soon as the door clicked shut, Jason dropped to his knees and began to weep.