- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The beginning of my little Batman fan fiction.  Characters belong to DC comics.  

For the first time during the whole ordeal, Jason moved from the wall his back had been against. He crawled to the edge of the shelf and peered down. Far below, he saw Clyde lying on his back, his face red and smooshed. His eyes were closed.


"Jeez." Jason said under his breath.


He looked for a way down the shelves. It looked like he could possibly climb down if he was very careful, but it would be time consuming. Jason glanced at the floor, spying a pile of shirts below.


He was 94% sure it wasn't a good idea, but he stepped to the edge anyway. He took a deep breath and tried to calculate his fall. Readying himself, he took two steps back.


"3-2-1-"

Just as he was about to jump, he heard the very well known sound of somebody gasping into consciousness. He stopped himself just and time and looked down.


Clyde's eyes were wide, and he had a bewildered look on his face. He sat up quickly and looked around, making sure Emily was truly gone. Clyde shakily stood and walked to the shelf.


"Are. . . Are you alright man?" Jason asked, looking him over.


Clyde lifted jason down to his computer desk, and sat down on his bed. He rubbed his face.


Jason wanted to crack a joke, but he could see a look in Clyde's eyes that he hasn't seen very often at all. . . . . Clyde was pissed.


"Dude, what the fuck was that?" He said, more to himself than to Jason.


"Clyde i-"

"Seriously. She. . . She doesn't even know for sure that you're here man! She would've just barged in here and done that regardless! It's bullshit dude!"


"I know man."

"Your parents really dropped the ball with her. Somebody needs to teach her some fucking respect dude."


"Who? You? You know she's too fucking strong for that."


"Well maybe not me. . . .but somebody."


They sat in silence.


"You ever notice that like. . . .3 out of 4 chicks in the school are like. . . Physical freaks? Clyde asked, just speaking his mind."


"Really Clyde?" Jason said, giving him a look of disbelief.


"I'm serious. Think about it. Look at your family even. You should at least be close to Emily's size by now. She makes you look like a walking pencil. Not to mention Kylie. She will be your size or bigger than you by the time she is in 8th grade dude." Clyde said, laying out his thoughts.


Jason thought about his own situation and knew it was true.


"So what. That doesn't mean anything. It's just one family."


"Ok?. . . .so Emily rolls in here, both of her friends were fucking giants too?" Clyde countered.


"I mean, I didn't really see them but. . .they were probably just volleyball players or something."


"Mya anderson? Why does the smartest girl in school need to be 6ft tall with a fat ass? I could go on and on man." Clyde argued.


"Well. . . What about Rachel? She's only 5'3?"


Clyde thought for a moment before he snapped and pointed at Jason.


"She isn't from here dude! She moved here like 4 or 5 years ago! That's why her and her bitchy little sister are average height!" Clyde shouted, connecting the dots.


"So what, its a conspiracy that all the girls in the school are taller than average. So you realize how stupid that sounds." Jason asked, pacing the desk.


"No, no, no my man, you're thinking too small. . . No pun intended. Yes, all the girls are tall, but you can't tell me that there is a single girl on your sister's team who isn't at least "unpleasant" to be around. I'm saying that every tall chick in the school also has a predisposition to being aggressive and a horrible person!"



"Whatever Clyde. They probably treat YOU like that specifically, because you're a complete asshole all the time." Jason laughed.


"I. . . .i wont dispute that haha, but does it mean that I deserve to be bumped out of the way, or shoved against lockers because I'm not fucking 6'8? Hell no!"


"True, I feel you. Sure Emily will go to college after this year, but it's like you said. It isn't going to be long before Kylie starts fighting me just because she is big enough to."


"That is assuming you ever get back to normal size dude." Clyde said, bring weight into the conversation. " I really don't know why we can't get through to your parents. On top of that, I imagine Emily has already tore your house up looking for you. I'm 100% sure she'll be back at some point. With you at this size, neither of us stand a chance against those Amazonian bitches head on."

Jason knew Clyde was right. It was only a matter of time before Emily would come back, and it would probably be way worse the next time.

"Just let me sleep on it man. Since this accident, I've been having these crazy vivid dreams. Maybe I can come up with a plan." Jason said, not sure of what else to say.


The rest of the night went without incident. They acted as though nothing had changed between them, joking and bullshitting until they went to sleep. That night Jason did dream.










Jason knelt down, surveying the entrance of the museum.


"Alfred, this definitely isn't a catwoman job." Jason said into his cowl's com.


"Well, keep me posted master wayne." Came the voice of the British butler.


At the entrance, 2 women, each standing 6'5, wearing traditional Greek armor. They were as gorgeous as any women Jason had ever seen. The large women held spears and round shield that glistened in the street lights.


Jason used the cowl to zoom in on them. He noticed that both had a matching tattoo on their left arms.


"Alfred, I'm sending you a marking these guards have. Analyze it and let me know what you find."


"As you wish, master Wayne."


Jason pulled the grappling gun from his belt and aimed it across the rooftop to the museum. He fired and watched as the hook fastened itself to a pipe. He wasted no time, swinging across.


The guards looked up as a shadow was cast in the moonlight above them, although they didn't see what caused it. Making it to the museum rooftop, he landed silently and walked to a vent to his left.


He gripped the cover and pulled, straining momentarily before it gave way. He tossed it aside and entered, heading downward.


Jason switched to x-Ray vision as he climbed down into the museum. He took left's and rights till he found a suitable place to exit. With a swift kick, the grate flew off and he climbed out. He looked around, gaining his bearings.


The amplifiers in the cowl"s ears picked up voices down the hallway. Jason crept that way, sticking to the shadows. Eventually the hallway led to a balcony, overlooking the main floor.



In the center of the room, gathered around a glass display, were 6 more women, dressed in the same armor, brandishing the same tattoo. There was a seventh. This one head and shoulders taller than the others. The batsuit zoomed and calculated her to be 7 foot 4. She had flowing brown hair, large breasts and wide hips. Picturesque. Her body was draped with a billowy white garb that ended at her thighs and exposed her ample cleavage.


Jason studied her, as she fiddled with the security system on the case, inside it, a small stone statue. He waited for the opportune moment, before tossing a smoke pellet into the tightly packed group.



The smoke dispersed and immediately the guards circled up, spears pointed and at the ready, shields in place, forming a barrier against frontal assaults. The giant woman continued to work in the center, paying no mind to the theatrics.



Jason took a look at the formation, deciding on a point of attack. He chose a target, before swooping in. He caught the unsuspecting blonde in the back of the head with a double foot kick. Her helmet flew off and she sprawled across the floor, her armor clanging on the stone floor. She made an attempt to stand, but fell back on her face.



In the confusion, Jason disappeared back into the shadows of the rafters as the smoke thinned out.


"It appears we have a coward in our midst ladies." The leader spoke, her voice rich and seductive.


"Tell me assailant, won't you come out and face us like a true warrior?" She crooned as she worked, not even looking up.


Jason selected 4 detonation charges from his belt. From his hiding spot behind a pillar, he used the batsuits rear visibility function to line up his throw, before he hurled the charges. He followed them in, reaching the target a moment later as the charges shattered 4 shields. The circle was broken.


There was a split second to act as he glided in, catching a guard to the left with a punch to the jaw. The suit warned him of an attack from his right and he moved his head just as a spear thrust blurred by. As soon as he dodged, he was met with another strike from behind, followed by one straight on.


The attacks came in faster than he could avoid them, the women working as a unit to drive him back. He left over a guard to his right and simultaneously disarmed her, pulling the heavy spear from her hands.


The mark 3 batsuit gave Jason increased speed and agility at the cost of protection and strength. WayneTech had made great strides over the past few years and this suit was its latest creation and even it, was moving too slow to hang with these women.



"Ah yes." The leader said, as the glass case gave up its loot. She grabbed the stone idol and held it up in the light, admiring its details.


"Alright my sisters, finish playing with our guest and let us move on with the ritual."


As soon as she spoke, the guards seemed to take on another level. Jason dodged a spear thrust, but was immediately caught with a boot to the stomach. He doubled over, when his head was pounded down with a shield smash. A check from the shield sent him flying back, his body smashing through the pedestal the artifact had just been sitting on.


The batsuits cowl malfunctioned for a second, blinding him. When it came back, he was just in time to the last guard making her escape through the rear emergency exit.


"Damn!" Was all Jason could say as he pushed rubble off of himself and headed for the batcave.

Chapter End Notes:

Drop a review if you liked it. . . Or hated it.