- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just something I felt like doing at the time.  Ended up being way longer than I had planned.

   Jason awoke to the sound of sirens blaring and lights flashing.   He sat up, nearly hitting his head on the steel ceiling.  He glanced to his right, the heavy water tight door stood open and people dressed in olive colored jumpsuits were running in every direction.     

   He climbed slowly down from the top bunk, sliding into the boots at the foot of his bed.  His head was pounding as the siren continued to wail.   He pulled on his jacket and stepped out into the bustling hallway.    

      Jason walked down the crowded corridor, passing empty bed chambers on both sides.  He rounded the corner and continued to the end of the hallway, stepping through the sliding doors that capped the hall.  

    Inside the room, several men and women dressed in traditional military general's attire stood in front of a digital display, reading the information with precision.   

 Jason sat down as the head general began to brief him, talking fast, making sure Jason understood the mission.  When he finished, Jason was rushed to a different section of the hanger.   He put on his flight suit, a shiny black, lightweight carbon fiber body armor  of sorts.    

  He walked into the cockpit, and technicians secured him into the electronics.    Grabbing his helmet, Jason began to flip switches, arming the many complicated systems.  After 30 seconds of loading, the female systems voice chimed in.

   [Genesis 4 mech-Cherokee trick-standing by]      

  "Begin bind." Jason said calmly.

  [Initiating bind]  

 The chamber lurched as giant hydraulic arms hoisted it into the chest of the giant robot.  

[Bind. . . Complete.   Cherokee trick. . . Online]  

 Jason looked at his hands, the digital heads up display projecting the mech's hands on to his own.   Not wasting anymore time, he gave the order.  

    "Deploy."

[Deploying genesis 4 mech-Cherokee Trick]  

  The familiar feel of weightlessness hit his stomach, as the 250 foot mech hurdled down the rails of the deployment tunnel.  Open air rushed up to meet him as the tunnel ended, releasing him into the free fall.  

    "Deploy support mech package charlie" he commanded. 

[Deploying]    

  Jason's sensors picked up a large bogie that appeared to his left and matched his rate of fall.  He fell in silence for a few seconds before the GPS activated parachutes deployed.    

  Jason touched down in 100 feet of water and began to head towards the coast.   As he stepped on to dry land, he immediately noticed a military convoy that seemed to go on forever traveling in the direction of the beach. 

      He  waited for a moment, as his support mechs activated assembly protocols.  The giant cylinder began to shift, separate, and trasnform until 4 roughly 50 foot tall mechs stood before him. 

    [S.a.m.s.o.n]: submersible all-terrain magma-driven system  w/omini-cannon & napalm. 

  Samson, the 50 foot tall, slender built mech.  Specialized for oceanic and mountainous terrain.  Equipt with over-sized feet for uneven ground stability.  Weapons package was fire based artillery and flame thrower. Painted in urban camo as per pilot request.

  [C.a.i.n]: cartridge-based artillery & incendiary nuclear power. 

Cain, the 55 foot, medium built mech.  It's shoulders were mounted with 100mm cannons for long range attacks.  It was custom modded with samson legs for added urban stability.  Painted urban camo as per pilot request.   Nuclear powered. 

[A.b.e.l]: air-born electronic surveillance and light armament. 

Abel, the 55 foot medium built mech.  Brother mech to Cain.  Legs modified into thrusters to support back thrusters.  High power camera with multiple spectrum lenses.  Always in flight.  Nuclear powered.  Painted flat black as per pilot request. 

[G.o.l.i.a.t.h]:  geo-track propulsion over-land light armament ion cannon armoured tank heavy payload.  

Goliath, the 50 foot heavy built support mech.   Tank tracks instead of legs, long range ion cannon back mounted.  Heavy amour. Chest mounted morter and oversized cargo bay.   Painted olive drab as per pilot request.  

    With his team assembled, Jason began to move against the flow of military personnel traveling towards the shore for extraction.  He noticed that there were many wounded,  some being transported by stretcher and others limping.      

  The remains of broken equipment were being towed behind large trucks and helicopters flew overhead.    After walking 30 minutes, the team reached the outskirts of the city.  He knelt and observed a bootprint in the mud.  It was the standard issue boost suit. . . . .but this was far larger than any Jason had seen thus far.    

  "Abel, begin recon pattern alpha 5 A."    

The mech said nothing but took off into the sky.  A second later, Jason began to receive visual in his helmet from the mech.  The outer rim of the city was an old industrial park, but it looked like a hurricane had gone through it.  The walls were filled with bullet holes and nearly every tank seemed to be ruptured or crushed.    

   Military clean up crews had already begun to clear wreckage and bodies.   Jason continued inward, the remaining 3 mechs following closely behind.        From the industrial park, it flowed into an elaborate highway system.  The roads snaked and weaved amongst each other, having once taken busy humans to every part of the bustling city.  Now only ruin remained. 

   There was a clear cut path where something large had walked straight through the highway, leaving cars trapped and abandoned, some falling to the ground below, others trampled underfoot.    

  The smaller mech's took time to pass through it all, their a.i finding the easiest route.  Jason didn't wait, he knew they would catch up eventually.         It was after he cleared the highway system that he saw it.  It never got any easier.  He walked to the 140 story building, where a lone genesis 4 much had had it's head shoved through the building and it's body mangled.

   [No signs of life] the onboard computer confirmed.     

  Jason put a hand on its shoulder, pulling it from the building and propping it's back against it.   The right chest plate read "chaser Lockheed".   

 Jason hung his head out of respect for the pilot, a personal friend from his same hanger.  All part of war is what was constantly stressed by ranking officers.  

    He lingered for a moment, before standing  up and moving on.  The city began to get dense as he followed the trail of destruction.  Shoulder high buildings were pushed over and on fire, cars just trying to get home were left flattened, occupants still inside.  

   Jason followed the GPS for another 2 miles before he reached his destination.  

[Hanger 35] the on-board computer said.   

 He Stared in awe of what remained of hanger 35.  As he stepped over the mangled barbed wire fence, he noted the continuous cloud of black smoke billowing out of the massive hanger doors.  The same doors that appeared to have been torn open by force.      

 The team entered the hanger, operating on sensors to see through the thick smoke.  Jason toggled spectrums until he found one he was able to see clear enough with.   All around him, deceased soldiers and crew littered the floor.   Every single mech bay had been torn apart, half binded shells were among the parts that may one day be salvageable. 

Mechs with crushed heads and other limbs were strewn on the ground.      He surveyed the carnage, before sliding a 2nd hanger door and passing through. As he passed by more bodies and destroyed support mechs, his sensors picked up an electronic signature. 

Jason maneuvered his mech to one of the slide out storage units. It took all his strength to unjam the mechanism, but finally released, revealing 2 generation 1 support mechs. 

[Their systems seem to be in working order] the on-board computer chimed in.  

"Activate" Jason replied. 

 The computer interfaced with the hanger security protocol, and after a moment, the function lights flashed on the mech's chests.  

"Ok, Adam and Eve.  Fall in."

  [A.d.a.m]:automatic drum cannon assault mech  Adam, the 100 foot tall original gen 1 support mech.  Humanoid in shape with heavy automatic cannon.  Durable but movement is restricted through its own armor.

  [E.v.e]: electromagnetic valkyrie whip evo-1   Eve, the 125 foot tall second ever support mech.  A lighter weight, more feminine mech.  Only weapon equipped is the plasma based electro whip.  

    They finished searching the hanger, finding no survivors and minimal ammo.   The team exited and again headed east, following the path of destruction. 

    About 3 miles further on,  Abel finally sent alert to the team.  2 miles south of the teams location, although the path led further to the east.      They broke off, the 6 ground mechs in tight formation.  As they neared, Abel's becon began to quicken,  signalling the target was close.      

 They moved slowly and cautiously through the tight streets, just trying to get eyes on the target.   Finally, after an excruciating wait. . . .Abel began a hovering pattern that signified the target.     

   Jason peaked around a skyscraper, cautious to keep the element of surprise.   The giantess was crouched over about 250 yards away, and appeared to be ripping phone and other communications lines from the ground and surrounding hubs.    

   In recent months, the giantess' had become more and more strategic.  In the beginning of the attacks,   they had just caused blatant destruction, crushing and leveling buildings indiscriminately.  Now, they destroyed all communications, and after a city was blinded, moved to wipe out all mech hangers in the area followed by the general population.    

  "Move to flank, wait to attack.  Goliath. . . High ground."  Jason commanded into his headset.    

  Jason grabbed goliath and set him on the tallest building in the area.  Goliath's gravity modules activated, preventing its weight from destroying the building.  Checking his heads up display, watching the camera feeds as the support mechs moved to flank the giantess.  She still had her head down.  

     Jason remained hidden, waiting to engage until he knew the size of the target.  Adam and samson flanked clockwise, while Cain and Eve worked counter.  When they had her surrounded, Jason took a deep breath and gave the command.  

     "Goliath!  Mortar fire!  Keep her head down.  Abel! Strafe runs!  Keep your distance. "    

  Focusing on his monitors, Jason watched as goliath armed itself,  its black chest mortar extending from it's breast plates.   It waited until Abel was in view before they simultaneously launched their attack.   The air was silent as the mortar hurdled into the sky.  Abel's machine guns barked to life, peppering the giantess and getting her attention.  Jason held his breath as she rose, her body seemed to go on forever. 

  [Three hundred and seven feet]  the on-board computer reported, confirming the giantesses size advantage.    As she stood straight up, her blonde ponytail came into view.   An unusual style for giantess, who normally had it natural and hanging free.   

   She began to swat at Abel as he made his strafe runs, coming dangerously close to batting him down, although she couldn't focus with the mortar fire around her head. She constantly had to duck and protect her face from the explosions.  Jason watched from hiding as none of the machine fire seemed to do anything.  He knew he would have to disable her boost suit to really do any damage.

  [The boost suit: giantess technology.  A black body suit that offered a mild speed and strength increase, but it's main function was a pliable force field for the body.  It was capable of stopping all small caliber weapons fire and dampening physical blows.  It was also fire and ice resistant.  It was controlled by a relatively small control box on the small of the giantesses back.  If you could destroy it, all weapons damage would increase tenfold. ]

   The blonde giantess ignored Abel, knowing the machine gun wouldn't penetrate, and began walking to goliath's location.  Jason picked up on her movement, and slid to stay out of sight for the time being.  With her back to the support mechs, Jason took the opportunity to try to take out her suits control box.    

   "Samson!  Omni-cannon! Aim for her back!  Adam, hand to hand, face her front!  Eve, activate valkyrie whip and stand by. " he said calmly to his team.

      The giantess had just about reached goliath's position when samson let loose with the omni-cannon.  The projectile screamed through the air, catching her in the right shoulder and exploding, magma oozing from it and down her back.    She stumbled forward, clutching her shoulder and quickly brushed the magma from the suit using its thick gloves.  She immediately turned around, a pissed off look on her face, as she stomped back towards samson.  

    "Wait for it. . . .wait for it. . . . Now adam!"  Jason called, as she passed by Adams position, showing him her back. 

Adam sprang into action.  The dwarfed mech moved quickly, only being waist height, it used it's foot rockets to augment it's jump before slamming it's fist into the control box with two quick punches.   The box threw sparks, but was ultimately unharmed. 

 The giantess whirled around, trying to grab Adam but he narrowly avoided her and ducked between 2 smaller buildings.  She was about to push through them when samson connected with another omni-cannon shell, dead center between her shoulder blades.       She arched her back, the close range shot stinging her from behind.  Reaching over her shoulder and around her back, she found she couldn't reach some of the magma.  She desperately searched for a way to remove it as she felt it beginning to cool and harden.  

    As the giantess stumbled around awkwardly, Adam saw another opening.   He sprang out of hiding, timing it as she turned her back, and landed another blow on the box.  She turned around grabbing furiously and this time she caught him by the wrist.    

  Adam pulled against her, but was no match as the powerful giantess reeled him into her waiting arms.  Jason froze up as the witnessed the scene through Adam's eyes.   She scooped him up, lifting the toddler sized mech easily,  trapping his arms at his sides in a bear hug.       "Uhh. . ."  Jason said, his brain drawing a blank as he focused on the video feed.       There was something about the giantesses face that struck fear into him.  He could only stand by as she began to squeeze. 

      She lifted her arms, before bringing them down in a bone crushing hug, the sound of bending metal and shattering servos echoing off the buildings.   Samson took another shot, but the giantess saw it coming and side stepped it.  The shell flew by her and barreled through an office building before exploding on the other side, magma plastering the street below. 

    Adam was rewarded with another squeeze for samson's trouble.  She readjusted her grip, getting him deeper into hug,  before pushing out her chest and using her tits to crush in on his chest as she squeezed.    Adam's chest plates began to flatten and cave in, as it squirmed frantically.    

  "Oh fuck!. . . Uh. . Self-. . . Adam! Self-destruct!"  Jason stammered. 

 [Self-destruct sequence activated] the computer confirmed.

   [Fifteen seconds]       

The giantess ratched up the pressure in a final hug.  She readjusted her grip one last time and began to crush.  Jason stood by and watched as metal bent and groaned.  Hydraulic fluid began to drain from Adam's chest and down his legs.  His struggling slowed then ceased as the last of his fluid was crushed from him, some smearing on the giantess blondes stomach.     Finally, his on-board lights went out and the mech went slack. 

     The giantess opened her arms, letting Adam slide limply down her belly and on to the ground.   The action had it's desired effect as Jason was demoralized.     The view in the camera was of mech parts and the street as Adam lay crumpled at her feet.  She brushed oil from her suit in disgust before lifting her foot, and crushing his head beneath it.    The camera turned to static and then went black.  

"Fuck!"  Jason screamed as the self-destruct count down terminated itself.

         He  would have to change tactics, knowing that hand to hand was too risky.    As he was thinking, samson fired another shell, this time connecting square in the chest.  The giantess let out a cry of pain and took a step back as the magma flowed and set fire to the oil.   She tripped and crashed through a nearby building, falling out of side momentarily.  

     Jason came out of hiding, seeing his chance to re-establish the element of surprise.   He grabbed goliath and set him back on the ground, before ducking back into cover.  He checked the heads up, seeing that samson only had 1 shot left.  Goliath still had half capacity for mortar shells.   Abel had used most of his ammo, and was in a holding pattern high above the giantess.   

   Jason waited patiently, watching the feed from Abel as the giantess writhed in pain on the ground, leveling everything around her as she kicked.  Eventually she calmed herself, and stood.  She dusted herself off and pushed back into the wide street. 

  "Samson, switch to flame-thrower.  Cain, get some distance.  Eve, work to get behind her.  Switch to tactic 92!  Let's finish this!"  Jason commanded. 

He flipped a plastic cover to his left, revealing the red button below. He pushed it.  Around him, things began to spark to life as his own weapons systems came in line.      

It was time for action.