- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The action really picks up in these next chapters.  I hope you enjoy it.  Any feedback is appreciated.  

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In This Chapter: The Sentinel summons her new army by sea as they make their way to a faraway land to finish the fight, but there might be some bumps along the way.

 

It was weird at first, forcing my powers to recede for a night so that I could get some real sleep, drifting off while the three moons in the sky hovered hundreds of thousands of miles away from me, knowing I could use my power to pick them out of the sky like grapes, destroying the gravitational balance of the planet. I awoke in the middle of the night without dreaming, which admittedly, depressed me a bit, I thought at the time I was unable to dream again.  Dreams were the only thing that kept me hopeful as a kid growing up on Earth, it got me through a war, through abuse, through bullying, I didn’t have much else.  In my brief frustration, I slammed my fist into the soft sheets of the bed, it must have reawakened my inner strength because the bed exploded instantly sending me, embarrassingly enough, crashing to the floor.  I cursed at the unfamiliar sky and stood up, waving my hand over the bed as it rebuilt itself right in front of me as if nothing happened.  Laying back down, I took a deep breath and surrendered myself to the serene and quiet night sky, finally dreaming.  I dreamt I was floating, just like when I first was summoned as a Sentinel, only, I could feel the empty space as if it were a deep black water, viscous around my body, flowing through my hair and the spaces between my fingers and toes, it was so peaceful…

“Is this really all you have?” I asked the new commander.  Standing nude in front of ranks and columns of armored and shielded soldiers outside of the city walls, the morning haze from the small red star beating down on us, my toes digging into the red and pebbly sand. 

“Yes, goddess, we’ve amassed every able-bodied solider to fight for you, 21,000 strong” the commander said proudly. I walked across the columns of soldiers with my hands at my back, like a general, I thought, a dismissive look on my face as the soldiers tried to stare straight ahead to appear tough and fearless, seeing some of them break their stare and catching a quick glance of my glistening body. 

I stepped back to the front near the commander, “I bet you are all expecting some kind of motivational speech, but this is all I will say; stay out of my way and do your job, follow my commands exactly or I will consider you an enemy as well, and you all know what happens to my enemies”  I said callously, turning to the commander with a stoic face. 

“Do you know where the capital city is, goddess?” the commander asked me.

“Of course I do, don’t insult me again” I replied, shutting his mouth.

“Yes… s… sorry, on with the plan then?” The commander nervously replied.

“Not so fast, I see that everyone here as armor but me, how can I win a war without proper protection?” I sarcastically added, knowing I was indestructible.

“We can have our best smiths get you fitted immediately!”  the commander shouted, about to wave over a few workers tending to the siege equipment.   

“That won’t be necessary” I dismissed. I concentrated, just like I would create something out of nothing, going against all known laws of nature, I began to dress myself in armor.  A white Greek robe cascading down my body to just above my knees, gold embroidery decorating the linings and the edges, gold chains like a sash across my chest resting over a silver breastplate engraved with deep metallic indentations, bright silver shoulder pads, a golden waist belt, silver bracers encompassing my wrists, and finally, shin-high Greek sandals, the black leather wrapping up my shins with gold studs lining down the straps that hugged my skin in a crisscross pattern, I wiggled my toes in my new sandals, feeling more powerful in my new outfit as I noticed the dumbfounded faces of the soldiers all staring at me, their bewilderment pleased me.  “Now we can go over the plan” I said, my voice echoing through the ranks of men. 

“As you wish” the commander said.

“First, you will board your naval ships, load your siege equipment and set sail through the sea, getting you as close to their capital city as possible, from there you will disembark on the coast and march through the valley where you will set camp and spend the night, on my orders in the morning we will continue your march to the city where I will command the siege.  Understand?” I said sternly. Admittedly, thinking back all those thousands of years as I tell you this story, I might have gotten a little carried away on this planet, but that is for you to judge as you read my story.

The soldiers banged their fists against their shields or their armors in agreeance as I waved them towards the coast outside of the walls, hours had gone by as they loaded everything up on massive wooden crafts, I watched on from a cliff high above the beach, the water such a clear blueish green compared to Earth.  The ships slowly started to disembark as their sails lowered and the paddles began to row in rhythm away from the sandbanks. The last ship leaving the coastline, 18 warships floating methodically down the channel towards the sea as a few citizens waved them off from the walls of the city, I wondered why there weren’t more people atop to send us away, but no matter. 

I wanted to get a closer look, teleporting down to the beach in view of all 18 ships, feeling my sandals sink into the wet red sand, looking at the massive ships float by me, then I began to grow, my favorite thing to do, the soldiers atop the ships’ decks all running to the railing to watch me grow into the sky.  Looking down as the landscape became smaller, and the vast channel turned into a little stream, my sandals destroying the beach as I could feel the water from the channel rush over the edge of my sandals and under my toes, kicking up sand as I noticed the back of my left heel grew into the wall of the city, toppling a section of it over into a group of hovels, surely killing a few people. 

I must have been nearing 1200’ tall when I stopped, the city looking like a little playground now behind me, the palace with the broken roof looked like a tiny box, the people pouring out of the buildings looking like little ants to me, I’m sure most of them caught the view up my robes, seeing my exposed pussy tower above them as my white skirt fluttered in the warm breeze.  Looking back towards the ships as they continued to sail down the channel, only about as long as a matchbox to me now, I bent over, my ass sticking over a section of the city as the chains and armor on my body clinked together, pinching a warship between my fingers, carefully holding it by the hull and standing upright, seeing a few soldiers fly off the side as they tumbled through the air, splashing in the water, or slamming against the top of my feet.  I could have saved them, but maybe it was better to get the soldiers a little angry at something for motivation, I thought, giving me a better idea. 

I brought the ship up to my eyes, turning the ship around and around like a toy to see the littlest details from up close, I saw the soldiers holding on for dear life as I rotated the ship, I noticed a crack begin to form in the hull, the faint pressure from my fingers pressing on the craft mush have destroyed the supporting beams, if I placed the ship full of just over 1000 men back into the water, they would have sunk with ease.  “A weak frame, how disappointing” I murmured, my words echoing across the city.  I let go of the ship pressed between my fingers, gravity sent them tumbling down the length of my body, soldiers flying off the deck as the ship wobbled all the way down, slamming into the wet sand between my sandals.  The ship shattering into thousands of pieces as most of the occupants died, some hanging on to life as I brought my sandal over the broken ship, pressing down lightly with the tips of my toes angled down on them, twisted and turning my toes as they pressed and squished into the wet sand, the water from the channel rushing over my sandal-print, entombing them into the sediment.  17 warships left, 19,500 soldiers angry and motivated to fight, knowing better than to be hateful towards me…

I began to walk alongside the channel on the outskirts of the city, crushing some farmland and forest; such a weird environment, desert, beaches, farmland, and forest all in such close proximity to each other.  My quaking footsteps generated waves in the channel as the little toy boats struggled on the rough water, high waves rocking them left to right violently. I could see the mouth of the sea in the distance, the first warship turning into the openness to sail to a different country.  I knew I could teleport everyone there and start the battle whenever I wanted, but... I decided to have a little fun first with my new toy boats.  I watched patiently as each ship set full sail on the sea, the soldiers saluting me boat by boat as I stood above them like a living statue, even though I just destroyed one of their own, I smiled down upon them, some of them surely taking my smile as a blessing, but what they didn’t know was that I had already picked out my next prey. 

I watched as the ships disappeared over the horizon, relaxing against a large hill as I took in the breeze with my toes dipped in the sea. I felt like enough time had passed, concentrating, teleporting myself under the ships, submerged in water as I swam, my massive silhouette in the depths below, my clothes soaked, my hair soaked, but I didn’t care, I could hold my breath as long as I wanted, building the tension, staring up at the boats hulls from underneath.  Thankfully, the sea was deep enough to where I could freely float, I spun my finger around in a tiny circle, aiming towards the side of a ship as a whirlpool formed, pulling the ship violently to the side. I laughed underwater, causing huge bubbles of air to rise up next the stable ships, appearing to them as if the ocean were boiling. I could see the other ships moving in to rescue the ship that was nearly caught in the whirlpool, this was my time to reveal myself. Propelling myself upward with a kick of my feet as I breached the surface of the water, massive waves from my head and chest sending the ships skidding away from me, but still remaining upright. I stared down the ships, seeing the men on the decks struggle from the waves knocking their boats off balance.

“I’ll save the ship” I exclaimed; a heroine dressed in goddess-like armor.  I reached my hand agonizingly slowly out of the water, the shadow of my arm over the men as I watched the ship in danger spiraling downward, some of the crew of the ship flying off the surface and swallowed down into the drain before I plucked the ship out of the torrential terror at the last second, placing the ship at the front of the line before reaching back over and splashing my hand through the whirlpool I created, cancelling its spiral and sending a pillar of water in the air, the salty liquid raining down on the ships.  I could hear the ships cheer at my chest, my wet cleavage behind the silver breastplate I was wearing, staring down at them as my wet blonde hair cascaded straight down my back, “do be more careful next time” I said with a smirk. I teleported to the planned landing site, lounging in the warm valley as I dried off for a few hours, appreciating the perfect weather and slightly cloudy sky, hours passing as the red sun started to set over the horizon, followed by the first sail of a ship coming towards me.  I walked for a few minutes to the camp site, the soldiers following me far behind as they hauled all their supplies through the valley, having to change their path every time they came across my footprints embedded deep into the dirt, being careful not to go tumbling down.

They started to set their camps, little glows of fires below me as I straddled the valley, my legs on either side of the encampment as I looked in the distance, I could see the flickers of lights from flames, the capital city ripe for the taking.  I re-sized myself to around 12 feet, still towering over even the biggest solider I had at my command, his head only coming up to my midriff, looking down on them as I inspected the campsite. I could hear chatter here and there, some soldiers afraid, some itching to finally get some action, I decided to be generous, creating the same food from the palace the night before so they would be well fed.  My armor faintly reflecting the glow of the fires they had set up, walking to my tent at the top of the hill that I requested, filled with the nicest bed and decorations they could find on such short notice, which I appreciated, but I would probably end up making my own.

 Something caught my ear as I made my way up the final turn to my tent, a group of 5 soldiers must not have noticed me, hard to imagine missing a twelve foot tall armor clad woman, but, nonetheless, I listened, trying something I hadn’t thought of before, tuning my hearing ability as if I were right next to them, curious as to if I could do that as a giantess, perhaps later.  They were talking about me, as I slowly walked up to them from behind. “Ahem” I calmly interjected, my hands behind my back as I looked down on them. I must have scared them nearly to death as one almost feinted, catching himself at the last second, I could hear their hearts nearly beating through their cheaply made armor, they stood straight up and saluted me promptly.

“Goddess of war!” they all shouted at attention.

“Please, repeat what you were talking about, I find myself fatally curious” I said, building a palpable tension amongst them, but I already knew what they had said about me.

“We were just-“the most nervous grunt started before being interrupted by a second.

“We were just talking about how excited we are to follow you into battle tomorrow” he said confidently. I could see the others nod in agreement.

“Hmm… I’ll give you one last chance to tell me the truth” I said, seeing their eyes grow weary, one swallowing his nerves with a heavy gulp.

“He’s telling the truth; we want to show you what we can do against the enemy” another solider stated.

“Very well; I suppose my hearing doesn’t work, because I am sure I heard you talking about if it was, in fact, I, who started the whirlpool to sink a ship, no?  Must be my bad ears, unless… I also heard that you were upset that I dropped a ship with your friends aboard?  I can say that I took intense pleasure in that, feeling the crunch against the wet sand as their screams were drowned out beneath my foot… but then again, maybe I can’t hear as well as I thought” I calmly said, watching their faces contort, their bodies squirming in fear. 

“Yes, oh goddess yes, we were, please don’t punish us” the most nervous solider said, dropping to his knees almost instantly.

“I could see it in your eyes just a moment ago, you were about to tell the truth, no?” I asked.

“Yes, undoubtedly” he said, looking towards the withered grass illuminated by the campfire’s glow.  My dark figure imposing over him.

“Excellent, then tell me the truth once more, who is the man here that started this dissenting gossip about me?” I asked. The soldier’s hand was shaking, his entire body shaking as he lifted his finger towards the solider that initially interrupted him.

“Thank you.  Now, all of you, I suggest watching closely” I said, stepping forward to the soldier who was pointed to. He stared up towards my eyes, maybe he considered himself brave, but foolish is more accurate to me.  I rapidly threw my right arm downward at his throat, my fingers wrapping around his neck, lifting him off the ground with tremendous ease, I could see the whites of his eyes turning red quickly after, he was dying too easily, I thought, feeling the muscles and veins in his neck breaking and bursting, throwing him to the ground in a thud and clank, he was coughing violently, blood coming out of his nose.  The other soldiers watching on in horror.  I took a few steps towards him, crouching down as I observed the pain in his face, standing upright as I placed my sandal upon his chest, pressing into him as his armor caved in and his ribs began to crack with little effort, he was still trying to look in my eyes as I simply pointed a finger at him, his body began to lift in the air from my power as I took my foot off of him, weightless, as I brought him over the fire, his skin roasting as he hollered in agony, still alive as he thrashed against the sand after dropping him.  I pointed at another solider in the group, “Finish him” I quietly commanded, without hesitation the solider unsheathed his sword and thrusted into his chest, killing the tortured man easily.  “I’ll see you on the field tomorrow, unless anyone else has something to say?” I asked. The soldiers dramatically shook their heads no, “Good, do whatever you want with the body” I said as I turned on my heels and went to my tent for the night. 

The next day I found myself at the top of the valley, the military below me ready to march a few hours to the city.  I could see their walls in the distance, higher than that of the nation I was leading, their buildings had more detail, taller as well.  I could easily destroy the city with a flick of my wrist, sending down a meteor, making a volcano erupt under them, smashing them under a single toe, but, where was the fun in that, I was about to wage a battle, I wanted to savor every moment.  The soldiers motionless, waiting on my exact commands as I instructed, I waved them forward as the siege equipment started rolling, followed by the methodical sounds of thousands marching.  I decided to walk alongside them at my normal height, it just helped me build the tension, towards the back there were war drums, the sounds pounding deeply in my chest as I grew excited.  A few hours passing by as the sun held in the middle of the sky, a gentle breeze, the flapping of my new nation’s flag.   The soldiers fell in, lining up in columns and formations by the thousands a few hundred yards from the main gates of the city, a perfect flatland in front of us for battle as I heard their city ring the bells, seeing bowmen take position on the wall, the main gates opening as tens of thousands of soldiers poured out, significantly more than we had, more than doubling us, 50,000 maybe.  They took their formations with ease, better trained, better equipment, their war drums echoing across the land louder than ours.  I stood at the front, taking a look at the solider behind me before taking a few steps forward into the open space, it was going to be too much fun…