- Text Size +

In This Chapter: A brief conclusion to the Sentinel’s story when she reaches the other side. 

 

If you asked me; how did a girl that survived one of the most horrific wars in Earth’s history become so corrupt with power and malice? You think she would have ended up the opposite; compassionate, caring, but no… maybe it was always meant to be… destiny had its grip on me perhaps; I did manage to love someone, changing my view of what I was supposed to be like.  The stage was set against me, you think after witnessing the horrors and genocide that I would have tried to do the opposite of what I did with my galaxy, but I didn’t, and that will now be forever part of the universal history. 

The white glow welcomed me with a warmth that was indescribable as I stepped into a bodily and mindful peace that I wish I could explain.  I was washed over with bliss, walking between waves of raw energy as a reality generated around me from nothingness.  I found myself in a circle surrounded by the softest clouds I had ever seen. A beautiful human woman approached me, dressed in all white robes, “I am like you, but I am not exact” she said. 

“A sentinel?” I stated.

“Not quite, Guardian” she said.

“Guardian?” I questioned.

“Yes, I was a Sentinel, I did my time with my galaxy, now I am the guardian of the gateway” she said.

“But you’re human?” I said, she nodded. 

“Yes, you are not the first human to be selected, I am from Earth, the year 2317 was when I went” she said.

“But that can’t be, how were you selected so close in time to me” I asked. 

“Things work a little different here, including time” she spoke with a smile. 

“What is this place?” I asked.

“This is the last stop” she remarked.

“What do you mean the last stop?” I prodded.

“I am here to ferry you to the afterlife of your choosing; the last stop is the gateway before the afterlife” she explained.

“My choosing?” I questioned. 

“Yes, anything you desire, no boundaries” she said.  I thought for a brief moment, already knowing what I wanted, before I said anything she smiled, “I thought so” she said, nodding in agreement with my thoughts, she was able to read them.

“What do you mean?” I asked before she vanished, now I know how all those people felt when I vanished before them.  The clouds around me swirled as I felt myself falling down before passing into a deep sleep.

When I woke, I found myself lying flat against a familiar planet, endlessly spreading out in all directions.  I stood up, tiny cities at my feet again, looking around confused as I twisted around, the tiny grey moss crumbling under my toes, “Amazing!” I heard a familiar voice, tears instantly streaming down my face as I turned around again.  Azera standing across from me, as young as the day I met her.

“H…. how?” I asked, choking on the lump in my throat, my eyes flooded and blurry as I saw her figure. 

“I was asleep and then suddenly I was here!  The last thing I remember is being tucked into your bed at the cabin” she said.

“I’ve missed you so much, Azera” I cried. 

“But I just saw you, love!” she chirped, walking toward me, stamping out a few towns before she hugged me tightly.  

“I have so much to tell you…” I said, hugging her back. 

 

This was my heaven, the Guardian gave me everything I had ever wanted; an endless and eternal paradise with my love, entire worlds at our feet… this was my heaven…forever…

Chapter End Notes:

That's it!  Thank you so much for reading.  Dont forget to leave comments or message me on Giantess City or here and let me know what you think!