- Text Size +

In This Chapter: The Sentinel spends her last year in power going through unexplored parts of her domain, terrorizing planets, and contemplating her journey as billions of lives still remain at her peril. 

 

I felt it… I felt my time coming to an end, like an overwhelming gut feeling coursing throughout my body and mind, my thousands of years of galactic rule was nearing the penultimate chapter of the journey.  A piercing and anxiety inducing whispering from the universe echoed through my ears, they had given me one more year to do as I pleased… whatever “they” were.  So, I made damn sure that I was going to enjoy it, for me, for Azera, for Queen Kartha, for everyone… I remember when it happened, too.  I was back on Azera’s world, cleaning up her grave as I normally would, suddenly a deep and overwhelming feeling washing over me as I nearly passed out, seeing stars, then surrounded by a black empty void, just like when I was first chosen, only I felt scared this time instead of dumbfounded.  An instinctual feeling succumbing me as I knew it was my time, but a low whispering voice inside my head speaking to me, almost sounding like little girl, maybe that’s what the universe just wanted me to hear, told me that I had one year left.  So, this is it, my last tale for you. 

              It starts back on my beach world, spending a few weeks there in solitude, thinking back on everything I had ever done.  I had explored most of the possibilities of my galaxy, finding myself in strange situations, killing so many, falling in love, losing love, but there was still time to see the edges of my galaxy, places I had never been before.  I retreated to my cabin, my old white and gold goddess armor still pristine as the day I made it.  I decided to put it on for my last journey into the dark corners of my domain.  Floating through unfamiliar space, my white robes, my gold and silver armors, my black leather studded sandals, however, I put violet jewels on my silver bracers, and a larger violet jewel on the center of my chest plate, the same color as Azera’s irises. I crashed into a few planets, seeing the glow of their cores light up the violet jewels with a small sparkle. 

              I found myself in front of a green and blue planet, definitely habitable, I saw flickers of lights on the dark side of the planet, had to be cities, advanced enough with a power source to light their buildings.  I shrank myself down just a bit, the planet still in front of me, a huge sphere to me now, seeing more details up close as I dragged my nail across the surface of an entire continent, seeing the deep canyon I was carving erupt with magma, splitting the entire land with quakes and destruction, the lights disappearing under my finger with ease.  I rotated myself to the dark side, seeing the masses of lights that were cities closer now, dragging my nail across them, seeing the light disappear as I carved out another deep canyon, the clouds swirling around my finger as the ocean poured into the canyon, smoking as the magma flooded out at the same time.  Their world shook, sparing the rest of the population as smoke plumed and enveloped their atmosphere, sending their world into an ice age, leaving them without warning, never seeing them again, never knowing what happened to the intelligent life there, changing their entire outlook of themselves in the galaxy in just a few short minutes.

              This went on for a few months as I approached my end, destroying planets that were occupied by intelligent life in the worst ways I could think of; eating them, pressing them between my thighs, trying to place them between my toes out of boredom as they exploded, changing the entire course of the galaxy, ending planet after planet full of life. I lifted my robes, swallowing another into the hair above my sex, watching the magma pour out and float in front of my lips, feeling pleasurable enough.  I used telekinesis to suspend the gravity of one planet, placing them as a jewel atop of a toe ring I had on the second toe of my right foot, the gold band encrusted with the same violet jewels I had on the rest of my outfit.  Billions suspended in an artificial environment atop my toe, providing them stability, not being able to feel my bodily movement, only able to stare up the length of my body and down my toes.  I never bothered to even know much about them, every once in a while, hearing their voices if I concentrated, lives were completely ruined, but they continued on.

              I kept on exploring, wanting to get more personal, teleporting to the surface of a red world, massive desert cities everywhere as I dug my toes into the crystalline structures at 40 miles tall.  I stomped for a while, my robes fluttering in the heavy and sandy wind, pressing my sandals into millions at a time, it must have been a strange view for the tiny planet protected atop my toe ring, slamming up and down, seeing a massive world around them.  I didn’t laugh as much, in fact, I started to worry a bit, knowing I was running out of time, not knowing what the afterlife was going to be like.  I lifted my robe, exposing my bare ass over a cluster of cities, sitting on them as I kicked my feet out over a few mountain ranges, pressing my cheeks into the crust further, looking down between the gaps in my thighs as the lucky few towns were spared in front of my sex, most their structures crumbling from the quakes, I crossed my leg over the other, dragging my thigh across the sand and over the towns, my flesh rolling over them, smearing them away.

              I wiggled my toes against the insole of my black sandals, seeing the harsh red sun beat down on the tiny planet atop my toe ring.  Masses of sand dunes making its way up places I didn’t want, becoming uncomfortable, I teleported to an all ocean world, bathing myself clean at a few miles tall, an extremely deep ocean completely surrounding me, unaware that there was an entire intelligent species in underwater cities that were exploding under me as I washed my legs, feeling little crunches against the sides of my hips and ass, curious, I blew outward, the ocean clearing all the way to the rocky bottom, I could see all the strange structures covered in clear bubbles where the people must have lived.  I could hear their voices, panicked, never seeing anything like me before, unable to act as the sea disappeared around them, their entire lives spent underwater, but I just blew away their ocean, their source of life.  I had to give it back, I stood up over the mass expanse of the hollowed out canyon, squatting down, I started to pee, filling the canyon up with a golden ocean, one of the most cruel things I did, growing miles taller as I continued my stream, looking like a tiny puddle now as I could see the cities disappear under my stream, the structures barely withstanding my current.  My piss coming up to the edge of my sandal as I finished, the once blue planet was now a pale yellow marble floating around in the universe, completely submerged forever. 

              I went back to my beach planet, cleaning myself off in the gentle waves for good measure, letting myself dry off in my hammock, the edge of my foot over the side as I bat my toes up and down, the tiny planet atop the ring not feeling anything behind the protective field.  I decided to dream for the last time, knowing I only had a few weeks left.    Closing my eyes as I found myself back home on Earth as I knew it from a very long time ago, I was in my mother’s old home, the sounds of people outside driving their cars and conversing, nobody was inside the home with me, the same old furniture I remembered though, everything was perfect, looking at myself in a mirror as I appeared how I used to be as a child, young and natural, covered in flaws, but there was something reassuring about it.  Laying down in my mother’s bed for a few moments in what seemed like hours passing as the sunset in the window above her old dresser, suddenly hearing the sounds of war outside, hearing screams from beyond as I shivered in fear, running to the window as I saw explosions coming towards me, closing my eyes as everything disappeared from out under me, finding myself in Azera’s hands, looking up at her face as she smiled down at me.  I was safe.  She tucked me in close to her chest, feeling her heartbeat again, but she couldn’t say anything, laying down against her pale hands as everything melted around me. 

              I woke up in my hammock by the beach, taking a few moments to myself, recollecting the dream I just had. I sent myself back to Azera’s grave on her home world.  I removed my toe ring, placing it at the base of her statue near her toes, forever suspended in her shadow until the end of that planet’s life, whether it be a huge asteroid, or their binary stars exploding into a double supernova, swallowing everything in their system in fire.  My final days were approaching, deciding that my last few days I would spend helping planets.  Meeting with leaders and empires, giving them what they needed, putting entire planets at peace, erasing starvation, eliminating poverty, giving people hope for once, people praising me, telling them explicitly that I was not a divine being, that I was not to be made into a religion, that my help was more of a gift than anything.  I didn’t want anything in return, I didn’t want to be rewarded or cheered, I was just doing what I thought would be a good parting gift to the galaxy I had spent years ravaging and turning everything into my personal playground, but I felt the call coming closer.

              I went back to my hammock for what I knew was going to be the last time, swaying on the beach in a gentle breeze, feeling the pressure inside my gut growing, I wasn’t afraid anymore though.  I spent a few hours there, breathing deeply, gently batting my foot over the edge and listening to the gentle waves as suddenly everything started to melt away, reality bending around me, a black void surrounding me, motionless as I floated, and that’s when I got here… The journal appeared before me, just like the one my predecessor left for me, I’m now writing in it, finishing my story for you to read, my successor. I could put more in here if I wanted, but I don’t think that’s best right now.  I realize now that my stories are filled with evil and death with rare signs of light and redemption, but that’s for you to judge.  I can’t go to the afterlife until I finish this… but I’m close, I promise.  You will soon find yourself ruling over a galaxy other than mine and the one I came from, doing whatever you want with the trillions of intelligent lives there, your decisions will shape their history, their ideologies, so… pay attention to what I have written, you will see my evilness and how it affected them, you will see my love and how it affected me, learn from me, from my decisions, call them mistakes if you want, but now it’s your turn, I implore you to have fun, take this as your opportunity at a better life.  I can see a white glow now, breaking this bleak emptiness, I suppose this really is the end…