- Text Size +

Heather Malloy's Case Files: Jodey Marks

In the shopping mall, Heather saw a young mother with two little girls in tow.  The girls clung to her and moved warily, looking this way and that as if fearing ambush.  The young woman happened to look in Heather's direction and  Heather saw the bruises, the blackened eyes, the cut lip.  Heather reached into her purse and took out one of her cards which she handed to the young woman as she passed.   From there, Heather went to Godley's where she tried to put the battered face out of her mind by focussing on the purchase of a new pair of shoes with very high heels.


"An excellent choice," said the salesgirl, as she wrapped up Heather's purchase.  "How will you pay for this?  Cash or charge?"

"Charge it to my account," said Heather.

"Very good," said the sales girl, who wore a name tag .  "Your name."

"Heather Malloy," said Heather, and handed the girl one of her cards.

The girl looked at the card and read it aloud.  "Heather Malloy, P.I."  She looked up at Heather and smiled.  "Does that mean what I think it means?"

Heather nodded, a happy grin on her face.  "That's right, Betty.  I am a licensed private investigator."

"It must be an exciting career," said Betty.  "How long have you been doing it?"

"Look at the card," said Heather, still smiling.

Betty read aloud from the card once more: "Specializing in women's security issues since 1997."

"My office is right here in the mall," said Heather.  "It's very convenient for shopping."

"Have you solved any murders?" asked the girl.

"A few," Heather replied.  "But I prefer preventing murders to solving them.  It is much more satisfying."

"Maybe you could give me some advice," said the girl, leaning over the counter and lowering her voice a bit.   "My boyfriend…."

"Come to my office," said Heather.  "It's right next to the food court."

The girl blushed.  "I am sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned it," she said.  "I can't afford to hire a private detective.  Not with what they pay me here."

"It won't hurt to come by and talk," said Heather.  "The initial consultation is free, and the cost may be less than you think."

The girl busied herself entering Heather's purchase into the computer.  When she was finished, she stapled the receipts to the bag with Heather's new shoes and lay them on the counter.  "Here is your card," said Betty, extending it toward Heather.

"Keep it," said Heather.  "If you want to talk, come see me.  No charge."

Betty reached under the counter and retrieved a purse into which she placed the card.  "Thank you for shopping at Godley's," Betty said, wearing an expression that seemed far away and thoughtful.  "Have a nice day."

From the department store, Heather returned to her office next to the food court.  She placed her shopping bag beside her desk and put on a kettle to make tea.  She checked her messages and heard: "Heather, this is your mother.  Call me."  Heather deleted the message, took a newspaper from the shopping bag and spread it on the desk.  Heather turned to the personal columns and began to scan them.  After awhile, she reached into a drawer and took out a pen which she used to circle an item which read: "35 year old male, owner and operator of successful business, seeking 20-30 year old female."  Farther down the page she circled another which read, "Freelance Photographer connected with National Fashion Magazine needs models willing to pose nude.  Earn $100 for only an hour's work.  Must be over 18 to apply."

The phone rang and she picked it up.  "Heather Malloy, Private Investigator," she said.

"Heather, it's your mother," said her mother.  "I want you to come home for thanksgiving."

"I know, Mom," said Heather.  "But that's six months away."

"I just don't want you trying to weasel out again," said Mrs. Malloy.  "This time, you can't say I waited too late to invite you like you always do."

"Ma, I never said that," said Heather.  "And I only missed thanksgiving at home that one time."

"Then you promise you'll come?"

Heather sighed.  "I will come if I can," she said.  "But it's a long time away."  Heather was feeling that familiar trapped feeling.  "Look, somebody is in the office.  I'll call you later, okay."

"Heather, I wish you would stop this nonsense about being a private detective.  I worry about you all the time."

"Talk to you later, Mom," said Heather and hung up and went back to reading the classifieds while she waited for the phone to ring or for someone to knock on the door.

The phone ring and Heather snatched it up.  "Mom! Stop calling me for a little while, will you?" she snapped.

A shy voice came over the line.  "Is this Heather Malloy?"

Heather gulped and said, "Oh!  Sorry!  I thought it was my Mom calling.  Yes, this is Heather Malloy, P.I.  Can I help you?"

There was a pause and the shy voice returned.  "I need help," she said.  "I don't know what to do."  Her voice broke a little bit on the last word.

"Why don't you tell me about it," said Heather.  "Maybe I can help."


"It's my husband," the woman began.

"It usually is," Heather chimed in.

"He said he was going to kill me when he got out of prison," the woman said.  "They told me they were going to put him away for ten years, but I heard from the lawyer that he is getting out on parole."

"I need a name," said Heather.

"June," the woman said.  "June Forest."

"I mean his name."

"Oh, of course.  It is Jodey Marks.  He is going to be released from the Davis unit tomorrow."

Heather smiled.  Perfect!  "This sounds like a one day job," said Heather.  "My standard fee is $750.00."

"Seven hundred…" the woman's voice sounded despairing.

"You don't have to pay it all at once," said Heather.  "We can work out a monthly payment plan and you will have as much time as you need to pay the bill because I guarantee you that he will be rendered harmless."

"What are you going to do?" said June.

"I can't tell you," Heather said.   She knew from experience that if she gave away too much, the client would hang up. 

"You aren't going to hurt him, are you?"

"Would that bother you?" asked Heather.

There was silence on the line.

"June, are you still there."

"Yes." 

"Tell me how you feel about this guy," said Heather.

"I don't hate him," said June.  "He is the father of my little girl.  He used to be so nice, but then he changed after Laura was born.  I am afraid now.  I am afraid of what he might do when he gets out."

"Don't worry about anything," said Heather.  "I'll take care of him.  Give me your address and phone number.   Tomorrow when he gets out I'll be waiting for him and afterward I'll come to your house and we can talk about the arrangements for payment."

"You aren't going to kill him, are you?" said June, her voice shaking slightly.

"No, of course not," said Heather.  "I don't believe in violence."

"What are you going to do?"

"My methods are confidential," said Heather.  "But I guarantee satisfaction.  Shall we go ahead then?"

There was a pause, and June said, "I guess so.  I don't know what else to do."

* * *

Jodey Marks walked through the prison gate wearing the same clothes he had been arrested in 30 months ago.  He had a few possessions he had accumulated in prison in a laundry bag which he carried slung over his shoulder.  He had twenty-five dollars in his pocket and a bus ticket, but there was a gorgeous dame in a convertible staring at him through her sunglasses as he came down the path.

"Jodey!" she called out and stepped out of the car.  "Over here!"

Jodey eyed the leggy brunette as she adjusted her skirt and removed her sun-glasses.  Freedom was never like this, he thought.

"Hello," said Jodey, grinning at the girl.  "Have we met?"

"My name is Heather Malloy," she said.  "June sent me."

Jodey stopped smiling.  "You some kinda Erin Brockavich lawyer?"

"I am a private investigator," said Heather.  "License B7019.  I just want to talk to you."

Jodey shrugged.  "Okay, let's talk," he said.  "But not here."

Heather nodded.  "Yes, we need to go somewhere more private.  There is a motel right down the road.  Get in and I'll drive you."

"I only got twenty-five dollars," said Jodey.

"Don't worry," Heather told him.  "I'll take care of it."

Jodey walked around the car and got in.  This seemed to good to be true, he thought.  The dame was trying to pull something, he knew, but he was certain that he could control the situation and after being locked up for 30 months, he relished the prospect of a an hour or two in a motel room with a gorgeous babe.  When they were alone, he had no intention of taking no for an answer. 

As Heather started the car and drove away down the road, he looked in the glove compartment.

Heather glanced toward him as she drove and said, "You are wondering if I have a gun, aren't you?"

He looked at her.  "Yeah, I am wondering what makes you so sure of yourself."

Heather pointed to her purse which sat between the seats.  "Go ahead," she told him.  "Check it out."

Jodey dragged the purse onto his lap and opened it up.  He dug through the usual woman's junk and put the purse back.  "I thought P.I.'s always carried a piece," he said.

"I don't believe in guns," said Heather.

"What do you believe in?" Jody said.

"Magic," said Heather.

Jodey snickered and stared down the road.  On the right was a sign that said, "Sands of the Desert Motel."  Heather pulled into the parking lot and stopped in front of the office.  "I'll be right back," she said as she picked up her purse and dropped the ignition key inside.

A few minutes later, Jodey and Heather were alone in a motel room.  It was small and sparsely furnished, but it was clean and smelled good.  Jodey tossed his laundry bag in the corner and turned to Heather.

"I would like to ask you a few questions," she said.  "Sit down and make yourself comfortable."

"That's just what I intend to do," said Jodey.  The stiffness between his legs intensified as he reached for her and dragged her toward the bed.  He flipped her skirt up and dragged her panties down to her knees, then began to fumble with his belt with one hand while he held her down with the other.  She didn't fight him, so he didn't have to hit her, but she was chanting something that sounded like latin.

"Shut up," he said as he got his pants down and moved on top of Heather.

"Reducto … reducto … reducto …" Heather repeated over and over.

Jodey suddenly realized the girl seemed bigger than she had a moment ago. She broke his grip with new found strength and pushed him off her, then off the bed onto the floor with inexplicable strength.  He stood looking at Heather in sudden fear as she stood up and he saw that she was head and shoulders taller than he was.  "… reducto … reducto … reducto … " she repeated again and again and he realized that he was getting smaller and smaller.  The girl, the room, the bed, the furniture were slowly expanding.  His trousers fell all the way to his feet and his shirt slid off his shoulders.

He looked up at Heather who was now twice his height.  "What’s happening to me?" he wailed.   "Please make it stop!"

"… reducto … reducto … reducto … " said Heather.  The chant continued until Jodey's head was even with her ankles.  She towered high over him like a mighty goddess and he stood before her frozen with fear as he stared upward at her stockinged legs and went up and up and up and up.  He was too terrified to move so he did not shy away as she knelt down and picked him up with one hand.  He lay whimpering in her huge hand as her face came closer and closer until it filled the sky like a falling planet.

"I know you are terrified," said Heather.  "It must be scary to be only six inches tall, so I am going to give you a chance to collect your wits while I take a shower."  She looked around the room and mused aloud.  "But I need to put you somewhere where you will stay out of trouble while I am bathing."  She sat down on the bed and placed him on the lap of her skirt.  "Don't move," she said, then leaned forward and stripped off one of her stockings.  She then picked him up and dropped him into the toe of her stocking, then tied the stocking to the bed post so he hung about a foot off the floor.

Jodey was hanging upside down so he squirmed into an upright position and looked out through the gauze of the stocking at the huge smiling face of the girl watching him.  He whimpered again and she said, "Poor Jodey.  Don't worry.  You'll get used to it.  We'll talk later."

After Heather and finished her shower and towelled off her body, she put a hair band over her long tresses and returned to the bedroom without bothering to put her clothes back on.  Heather lifted up the stocking where Jodey hung and dumped him out onto the carpet where he struggled to his feet and stood staring up at her.  She tossed the stocking onto the bed and stood looking down at him.  They were both naked, but she was a colossal beauty and he was a quivering homunculus, trembling with fear at her feet.

"Please don't hurt me," said Jodey.

"You are afraid of me because I am bigger than you," said Heather.  "What are you afraid that I might do?"  She shifted her feet slightly and his eyes fell from her face to her feet.

When Jodey said nothing, she said, "You are going to have to answer my questions, Jodey.  You are in no position to be defiant."

Jodey stared up at her, his face a terrified mask.  "I'll do anything you say.  Just don't hurt me…"

"What I want is very simple," said Heather.  "I want you to be a good husband to your wife and a good father to your child."

"I never harmed them…." Jodey began, but he stopped and cringed when Heather stamped her big foot.

"DON'T LIE TO ME!" said Heather.  She stooped low and reached out with her long lovely arm.  She took him in her hand and lifted him up to eye-level.  "I AM NOT GOING TO WARN YOU AGAIN!" she said.  She tilted her hand back so he would not fall from her palm as she opened her fingers.  The little man cowered on the palm of her hand.  “I’ll give you another chance,” she said.  He trembled with each word, for her voice was a loud as a roll of thunder.  “Did you beat your wife?”

“No,” said Jodey, his voice a plaintive whine.  He saw the frown on Heather’s huge face and he quickly added.  “She made me do it!  I had no choice!”

“How many times did she make you do it?” Heather asked.

Jodey swallowed.  “You don’t understand.  I didn’t just hit her for no reason.  We were always fighting.  She wouldn’t leave me alone!  I guess I punched her a couple of times, but I didn’t mean to hurt her.”

A faint smile creased Heather’s lips.  “I see.  It wasn’t your fault.  You can’t control your temper when she fusses at you..  She should have known better than to make you angry.”

Some feeling of hope flowed into Jodey’s brain.  Maybe the witch did understand. “That’s right!  She knew about my temper, but she wouldn’t shut up.  I told her to shut up, be she wouldn’t stop.  I told her she was going to get hurt if she didn’t shut up.”

“If I made you big again and let you go back to your wife, would you be able to control your temper in the future?” Heather wanted to know.

“Oh yes!” Jodey cried.  “I am not the same guy I was before I went to jail.  I just want a chance to make it up to her.”

“I would like to believe you, Jodey,” Heather said.  “But I think you need some help.  Your temper was a big problem for June when you were big.  I can’t change your temper, but as long as you are little, you can’t hurt her, or her child.”

“She is my child too,” said Jodey, not daring to realize what she was telling him.  “I intend to take good care of her from now on.”

“I read the medical records from your trial,” said Heather.  “Laura was taken to the emergency room three times in one year with bruises and abrasions on her body.   How could you hurt a little child?”

“It wasn’t my fault!” Jodey yelped.  “She was always getting into things.  She was always having accidents.”

“It is a terrifying thing to be small and helpless,” said Heather.  “It is frightening to be dependent on people who are bigger and stronger than you and show no mercy.  Do you understand that?”

“Yes,” he said.  “I would never hurt Laura.

“You need a hard lesson,” said Heather, “You are going to learn what it is like to be small and helpless.  You are going to be totally dependent on people who are much bigger than you, powerful people whom you have wronged.  I hope for your sake that they can forgive you for what you did to them.”  She carried him to the bed and set him down roughly so he sprawled full length, then she lowered the lights and turned to face him.

Jodey scrambled to his feet and looked up at her.  “What are you going to do?”

“I am going to have some fun,” she said.  “You are going to have a hell of a time.”  She sat down on the bed and he struggled to remain on his feet as the bed shook under her huge mass.

“You are going to kill me, aren’t you?” he said.  His voice was shaky but he tried to sound defiant.  “You are going to torture me and then kill me, you monstrous bitch!”

Heather lay down across the bed and rolled over on her side to face him.  She smiled as his eyes swept left and right over her vast, naked, body, and came to rest on the erotic forest that covered her groin.  “I am not going to kill you,” she said.  “But I am going to have sex with you.”

“That’s crazy,” he said, turning to look at her big, calm face.  “I am too small to have sex with you; I can’t do anything for you like this.  Make me big again and let me show you what I can do.  You are really hot, you know.  When I first saw you, I wanted to have sex with you, but not like this!”

She frowned and reached out for him.  She put her hand behind his back and pushed him stumbling across the bed toward her face.  “So you think I am hot,” she said.  “You want me to make you big again so you can get off on me.  You are really hungry for it, aren’t you?”

“Yes!” he cried.  “I haven’t been with a woman in years.  I can be good to you, baby, very good.  Just make me big again, and I’ll show you how good I can be.”

“You are big enough just like you are,” said Heather, and she stroked him lightly with her fingers.  “You can do more than you think you can.  Right now, you are frightened and suspicious.  You think I am going to do terrible things to you, and in a way, I am, but it won’t be as bad as you think.  What we are going to do is somewhat dangerous for you, but I have plenty of experience and I will teach you what you need to know.  When we are done, I will have had a pleasurable experience and you will have come close to death.  I will be satisfied and relaxed, and you will be exhausted, but you will be alive, uninjured and much wiser for the experience.”

Jodey felt somewhat more hopeful.  “So what are you going to do to me?  Why don’t you just do it and get it over with.  I want to be big again and get out of here.”

“You can’t rush lovemaking,” said Heather.  “That is part of what I am going to teach you.  I have a great deal to teach you, but I am very patient and we have all night, if necessary.”

Jodey looked around for his shirt and trousers which were now twelve times too big for him.  "Don't worry about your clothes," said Heather.  "You will be wearing them when we leave here."

All night seemed like a long time, and he realized that it could be quite an ordeal being the sexual plaything of this beautiful giantess, but he believed her assurances that he was not going to die and that gave him confidence.  Whatever it was, no matter how disgusting or painful, he was sure he could get through it.  He had an idea what she had in mind for him, but he did not find it as frightening as the uncertainty he had felt before.  As long as she did not crush him, or burn him, or drown him, or bite off parts of his body, he was certain he could endure it.  He was tough.  He would survive and he would be big again.  That is all that mattered.

“So what are you waiting for?” he asked.  “Let’s get it over with.”

“I want you to take the initiative,” she said.

He shrugged.  “I don’t know what you want me to do.  Just tell me and I will do it.”

“Make me come,” she said.  “Do that, and you can go home.”

His heart leapt up at these words.  “Go home?  You mean go back to June?”

Heather smiled.  “You can go home to June.” 

Jodey looked her over.  He wasn’t sure where to begin, but he knew where it would end.  She was still lying on her right side facing him, so he approached her right breast which was in easy reach.  He put his hand out and touched her nipple.

* * *

June was in the kitchen preparing dinner when the door bell rang.  Sandra slid off the stool she had been sitting on, saying "I'll get it."

"Thank you, Sandra," said June.  She finished what she was doing, then washed and dried her hands.

Just a June finished hanging up the towel, she heard Sandra call from the front of the house, "Momma!  It's for you!"

When June reached the door, she saw Heather Malloy standing just inside.  Sandra said to Heather, "Are you the Avon Lady?"

"No, dear," said Heather, looking down at her.  She looked and said, "June," said Heather.  "I have dealt with Jodey.  You won't have to be afraid of him anymore."

June said, "Is he gone?  How do I know he won't come back."

"He is not gone," said Heather.  "He is back already."

June reached for Sandra and took a step back from the door.  "Is he outside? Why did  you bring him here?"

"He is not outside," said Heather.  "He is in here."  Heather held up her purse, but June did not understand.  June looked around as if Jodey was about to spring out from his hiding place.

"Don't worry," said Heather.  "He can't hurt you."  She opened her purse and held it out to June.   "Look inside."

June was puzzled.   What could be in Heather's purse that would be of interest to her.   A gun?  June looked down into the purse, then gasped.  "What is that?" she said, not quite believing her eyes as she saw the doll size man dressed in cheap, doll sized clothes complete with minature leather shoes.

The small, nervous figure in the purse pulled itself erect.  Jodey's voice was a faint and high pitched, almost a terrified squeak.  He was looking at Heather, not a June.  "You promised me you would make me big again!" he was saying.  "You promised me!"

Heather said to June, "I never told him I would make him big again.  I only told him that he could come home to you.  I am keeping that promise.  Do you want him?"

June shook her head.  "It's not possible!  Am I losing my mind?"

"What's the matter, Mommy?" asked Sandra.

"Nothng," June told the little girl.  "Why don't you go to your room for awhile?"

"I want to see what is in the lady's purse," said Sandra.

"No, you can't," said June.  "Please go to your room."

"I want to watch TV," said Sandra.

"You can watch the TV in your room," said June.  "Now run along, I have to talk to this lady."

After Sandra left the room, Heather said, "I realize it is a shock, June.  Not many people know that it is possible to shrink human beings, but it is real.  Jodey is only six inches tall and quite helpless.  What do you want me to do with him?"

June glanced briefly at Jody, then back at June.  "Can't you just take him away?"

Heather said,"If that is what you want, I will, but let me warn you, I am not in the business of caring for helpless little men.  If you don't want him, I'll take him out into the desert and remove the spell.  I can't guarantee that he won't come back."

June stared at Heather and then at little Jody.  "If you leave him with me, will the spell wear off?"

"No," said Heather.  "Only I can remove the spell.  This way, you will always know that you are safe.  He will remain small for the rest of his life."

"But, why is it my responsibility?" said June.  "Why should I be burdened with looking after him for the rest of his life?"

"It'll be okay," said Heather.  "He doesn't eat much, and he will be a loyal and affectionate pet if you give him a chance."

"But, he is so tiny," June protested.  "I have a six year old.  She won't know how to take of a six inch man.  She might hurt him."

"I suggest you buy a gerbil exercise ball," said Heather.  "He will be able to move around on his own and the ball will offer him some protection."  Heather reached into the purse and lifted Jodey out.  "Take him," she said holding out the trembling creature.

Jane cupped her hands and allowed Heather to place Jodey on her palms.  She was shaking and uncertain.  "Calm down," said Heather.  "He can't hurt you now."

"I know that," said June.  "I am afraid that I might hurt him."

"He is not as delicate as you might think," said Heather.  "Shrinking a man actually makes him more resilient.  You could drop him and it wouldn't hurt him.  You don't need to treat him like a butterfly."

Jodey was sitting on June's open palms with his head on his knees.  He appeared to be sobbing, but June could not hear anything.  "What am I going to do with him?"  She looked at Heather. "You created this  problem.   Why din't you just kill him?"

Heather smiled.  "Is that what you want?"

June shuddered.  "No of course not. I don't know what I am saying."

Heather held out a piece of paper.  "Here is my bill.  If you can't pay it all at once, just send me $75 a month.  If that's too much, just do the best you can."
June did not move to take the paper,  so Heather laid it on a coffee table. 

As she turned to go, Jody looked up at her from June's hands and called out to Heather, "Please!  Please don't leave me like this!  I'll die!  What am I gonna do?"

Heather turned back toward June and bent over her open palms to speak directly to Jodey.  "If you want to live a long time, I suggest you concentrate on making June happy," she said in a whisper.  "Just use what I taught you.  You were a very good student, so I know you can do it."

When Heather straightened up June said, "What are you?"

"I don't know," said Heather.  "I suppose I am just a girl with an unusual talent and I am trying to make good use of it.  Goobye."

"Wait," said June.  "Don't go yet." She put Jody down.  "I don't want him.  Get rid of him.  I don't care what you do, just get rid of him."

"Okay," said Heather.  "But I can't guarantee he won't come back."

"Please!  Make me big again!" begged Jody from the coffee table.  "I swear you will never see me again."

"Just take him and go," said June.  "I'll pay you, some how.  Just give me time."

"Of course.  I trust you."

Heather put Jody back into her purse and went out the door.  She drove from June's house, stopped at a service station and filled up the tank of her car.  From there she took the main road east, then about twenty miles outside of the city limits, she turned off onto a country road that led into an arid wasteland.
After twenty miles, Heather turned off the pavement onto a dusty dirt road that led into the sagebrush.  She drove until she came to a rocky outcropping next to a shallow pool of water.  Heather got out of the car, took her purse and carried it to a spot next to the pool where she took Jody out of her bag and place him on the ground.

He stood looking up at her hopefully.

"Jodey, if I make you big again, do you promise never to go near June or her daughter?"

"Yes!" he cried.  "I swear!"

"How do I know I can trust you?" asked Heather, looking down at him with a stern expression.

"You can trust me!" cried Jody.  "I have learned my lesson.  I will never lay a hand on another woman or a child as long as I live.  Please, make me big again.  Do it now, I beg you.   I can't stand this another moment!"

"Alright," said Heather.  She straightened up and held her hand over him so that the shadow of her hand covered his body.  "Reddere!  Augeo!  Laxo!" she began, but then she stopped.  She lowered her hand and looked down.  "Naah. I can't do it.  You are fucked and you can stay that way."  She turned and started walking back to her car.

"No!" cried Jodey, and he ran after her, but the ground was rough and he was so tiny that it was a struggle making his way across the ground.  "Don't leave me like this!"

He realized suddenly she was not going to change her mind and he stopped and gave way to his hate.  Before she got out too far away to hear him, he shouted as loud as he could.  "You bitch!  You cunt!  You monster!"

It worked.  She stopped, half turned and looked back at him.  "No, Jodey," she said in a quiet voice that fell clearly on his tiny ears.  "You are the monster.  That is why this is happening."

Jodey sobbed hopelessly as she turned away and walked back to her car.  He watched the big machine as it roared to life, turned and headed away from him across the desert.  He watched until he could see nothing of the car but a plume of dust and he watched until the plume of dust faded and disappeared on the desert wind.

"Fresh meat!" said a voice behind him.

Jodey turned around and saw four men step out from behind rocks.  They were all the same size as himself and their clothes were rags and their beards were long.

"Stay back," said Jody, and he picked up a stone from the ground and raised it, ready to throw.

"Relax," said a man with a red beard.  "We won't hurt you.  But you will have to give us your clothes."

"Stay away," said Jodye. "I'll smash the skull of the first man that tries to lay a hand on me."

The red haired man looked at his companions and said, "Tough guy, isn't he?  A minute ago he was crying like a baby."  He turned back to Jodey.  "Okay tough guy.  We're cool.  Welcome to our world."

The End of Chapter 1