- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This story is equal parts fantasy drama and weird vore smut. That probably means it's terrible, but I'm going to tentatively say "there's something here for everyone".

Virtue

Jeska stared down her adversary on the dusty fields outside of Cherim. A fellow titan, Dorn was the ruler and guardian of this city, come to challenge her invasion. Confident in her abilities, she gladly accepted his offer to duel for control of Cherim. Forgoing a pitched battle would keep the ranks of her army full, and ensure the unscathed city was ripe for looting.

        As the two titans paced circles in the dirt, thousands of people looked on, keeping a healthy distance to avoid being crushed by the towering combatants. Jeska's soldiers cheered her on, eager to begin the bloodshed. Cherim's militia -- massed in uncertain ranks -- only fingered their weapons in apprehension of their champion's demise.

        Jeska sized up her opponent with trained eyes. Dorn was a bit smaller than her and much older, though far from decrepit. His swarthy complexion, stocky build, and eyes of burnished copper marked him as a descendant of Arno, the lord of the forge. He would be strong, but slow; precise, but inflexible. Jeska's ancestry gave her a much greater blessing, for she was a daughter of Korruck, sporting the war god's jet black hair, pale skin, and smoldering eyes.

        Deciding she had a physical advantage, Jeska then considered that Dorn might be more experienced. Like most titans, he was an old soldier, wielding the same half-spear and rugged shield that had carried him through the War in Heaven. And antiquated though it was, that spear gave him a dangerous advantage in reach. Jeska fought with only a short sword and an open gauntlet, so she would need to get underneath his guard before she could get anything done.

        Stalking closer, Jeska planned her attack a few steps in advance, each movement passing through her mind as a ghostly sensation of muscle memory. Across from her, Dorn raised his shield, tucking his body behind it in a defensive stance. His gleaming spear tracked her path as their circle tightened. Jeska felt the hair on her neck prick up as adrenaline rushed through her. Her senses heightened, and time seemed to slow. She never felt more alive than when she was fighting.

        Finally meeting at weapon's length, the two titans leaped into action. Jeska pressured Dorn, fencing away the tip of his spear to try to get inside his reach. Though he fought defensively, he kept her on edge with well placed thrusts that she was forced to parry or dodge. It was an uneasy stalemate, until Jeska saw her opening.

        Feinting a lunge to the left, she dodged around the spear to the right, attempting to grab Dorn and hold him close, where his spear would be of no use. Though he fell for the feint initially, Dorn read the rest of her attack, reacting quick enough to beat her gauntlet back with his shield. The strike caught her off balance, and her forward momentum sent her crashing into him, knocking them both to the ground.

        Jeska recovered first, but she'd dropped her sword in the fall. While she scrambled towards it, Dorn pulled a dagger out of his belt and lunged at her. His first strike deflected off her armor, but the quick follow up slid between the steel plates, embedding into her flank. Dorn wound up for another stab, but Jeska spun and struck him across the face with a heavy, gauntleted fist. He sprawled back, and she advanced on him, her sword now forgotten.

        Dorn was still wiping the blood from his mouth when Jeska crawled on top of him. Reacting quickly, he rammed his dagger back into her side, but she shrugged it off, pain dulled by the rush of battle. Bearing down on him with the rage of her sire, she wrapped her gauntlets around his neck and squeezed. He stabbed again and again, but she didn't even flinch as she crushed the life from him.

        Struggling for breath, Dorn cast aside his dagger and gasped out, "I surrender! I surrender! Let me take the rites. Let me fade."

        His plea gave Jeska pause. Honor among titans demanded she let him return to the Aether, giving up his physical form like the gods did before them. But watching Dorn beg and writhe beneath her grip stirred painful memories. She saw her own weakness reflected back at her, and she hated it. She hated him. And her hatred fueled her rage. Blinded by red, she clamped down on his neck tighter. The fist that once held a dagger beat uselessly on her breastplate, then spasmed, then fell still.

        Still huffing with rage, Jeska rose from Dorn's corpse and signaled her soldiers to follow her. She began to walk towards the militia huddled by the gate, taking booming strides towards the terrified men. "Drop your weapons and you will be spared," she ordered.

        Most of the men obeyed immediately, throwing their weapons to the ground in a clamor of metal. A few turned to run, but they were quickly cut down by the reavers, or crushed under Jeska's boots.

        When all of the cowards had been rooted out, Jeska raised a fist and intoned a few guttural syllables, casting a spell of command on the militiamen. Backs straightened, chins leveled, they formed new ranks and awaited her orders. She sent them and the other levies back to break camp, leaving only her elite men -- her reavers -- with her. They required no magical coercion to maintain discipline, so they would be the ones to aid her in subjugating Cherim.

        With the reavers in tow, Jeska continued to the city walls. The gatehouse had been abandoned, but she kicked down the gate with ease, granting her men entrance, before stepping over the knee-high palisade herself. The streets of Cherim were deserted. Locked doors and barred windows would not stop the soldiers for long, though. As they moved through the city they split up and started breaking into houses to steal supplies, as well as anything else that looked valuable. Screams of distress followed in their wake, and plumes of smoke rose into the sky above the city.

        Jeska headed for the city square, accompanied by her highest ranking men. Here she planned to set up her tent, and use the city as a base of operations for her next campaign.

        Upon reaching the dusty, unpaved clearing, Jeska knelt down, and finally allowed herself to sit for the first time that day. She sighed as she curled her legs underneath her, to make room for humans to approach. The men gathered at her feet, awaiting her next orders. Smiling cruelly, Jeska addressed them, "Take your best men and round up the city's leaders. It's been too long since I've had a good meal."

        After they went Jeska began to take off her armor, in calm and methodical silence. She felt completely at home amidst the chaos of the city being sacked, paying no heed to the scenes of brutality playing out around her as she removed the heavy black plate suit. Setting aside the pieces of armor, she then slipped off her padded undershirt, until all she wore was a rather skimpy top and loincloth.

        Before long, groups of men started to arrive in the square, dragging along the unfortunate captives that would become her dinner. They were guild leaders and council elders; wealthy merchants and landed nobles. Thrown to the ground at her feet, some went kicking and screaming, some begging and pleading, and some in stoic silence. All were slurped past her black lips to meet their fate in her belly.

        Soon Jeska was feeling rather full. Her exposed midriff revealed the bloated swell of her tummy, but aside from that there was little sign of the dozen or so people trapped inside her. Their muffled screams were drowned out by those coming from elsewhere in the city, and their kicks and struggles covered by layers of skin and muscle. Stifling a belch, Jeska looked expectantly at the soldiers arrayed around her, who seemed to be waiting for something themselves.

        One of the men -- a young corporal with hawkish features -- spoke up, "We're just waiting for Varreth, now, my lady. He took Ugrid and some men and went into the mayor's house. Might've run into his guards."

        "If he doesn't come back soon, I'll go over there myself," Jeska said, "My hunger is more than sated, but I can't allow the mayor to live."

        "Understood," he replied, scanning down the street for the missing group.

        Someone else spoke up, pointing down a side street, "There they are."

        Peering over her shoulder, Jeska spied them -- a large group of bloodied men carrying a disheveled young woman and a few wounded. Not what she was expecting, but their arrival saved her from making the trip herself. Sitting up from her reclined position -- despite the protests of her stuffed belly -- Jeska turned to face the arriving party. As soon as they entered the square she asked them, "Who is the girl?"

        The old, scar-faced man leading them, who she recognized as Ugrid, replied, "Mayor's daughter, m'lady. When we stormed his place he an' his boys were ready. We killed 'em all but not before they took a few of our own."

        The wiry, cruel-looking man beside him -- Varreth -- continued the thought, "We knew you wouldn't want us to come back empty handed, so we grabbed the girl. A treat, of sorts."

        "You know me well," Jeska smiled, "Give her here. As reward for your success, I dismiss you all until muster tomorrow morning."

        The men cheered, happy to be released from duty. Varreth and Ugrid tossed the young woman in front of Jeska, before joining the others walking back into the city streets.

        Jeska scooped the woman up into her hand and looked her over. She was young and shapely, with wide hips and long, platinum blond hair. Her large, expressive eyes were set wide on her round face, giving her an innocent, awestruck look. Her clothes were torn and splattered with blood, although little of it seemed to be hers. Jeska tore them away effortlessly, leaving the young woman naked. She was too exhausted to really protest the invasion of privacy, only mewling in disagreement and half-heartedly covering her privates.

        Continuing her inspection, Jeska drank in the girl's form, flipping her around callously to view every intimate angle. She would make a delectable dessert, for sure, but her perky breasts and supple buttocks stirred another hunger in Jeska. Erotic pleasure was not something the titaness thought about often, but with her shining blond hair and deep, wondrous blue eyes, the girl seemed a mortal reflection of Dessa -- goddess of love -- whose daughters Jeska had lusted after in her youth.

        Still gripping her new toy, Jeska leaned back lethargically, until she was laying flat on the ground. She grunted as the weight in her bloated midsection shifted uncomfortably. Before her stomach settled, she feared she might vomit one of her victims up, but the little bile that rose was only liquid. Sighing as her nausea faded, she set the girl on her groaning stomach and pinned her down with a finger. She squirmed against Jeska's skin, clearly disgusted by the noisy organ.

        "Can you hear my belly churn, girl?" Jeska taunted, "There's twelve humans already inside it, and soon you will be the thirteenth."

        Threatened with a horrible, gurgling death, the girl finally found her voice, "Please! Please!" she begged, "I'll do anything... just... just don't kill me like that. Don't swallow me."

        "Anything, you say?" Jeska asked as a predatory smile spread across her lips.

        The girl nodded uncertainly.

        "Mmm... pleasure me then, mortal," Jeska purred, as she started to slide the girl towards her nethers.

        "What?" the girl cried as Jeska slipped her underneath her loincloth, "No! No! Anywhere but your s--" She was cut off as Jeska plunged her between her folds, her further protests muffled by slick flesh. For a few minutes, Jeska used the girl's body and her own fingers to work herself off. She found no embarrassment or exhilaration in her public masturbation. The mortals that looked on were too lowly to ever bring her shame.

        Feeling the young woman writhe inside her was a unique pleasure for Jeska. She knew that true power lay in subjugating her equals, the other titans. But the effortless and total domination of a mortal was endlessly enjoyable, even if it was not quite as fulfilling -- a guilty pleasure, of sorts.

        As the girl's struggles began to fade, Jeska climaxed, releasing a torrent that dripped down into the dirt. Panting, she pulled the girl's limp form from between her legs, and laid her back on her belly. She was exhausted, bruised, and drenched with musty discharge, but her little chest rose and fell with steady breaths, and her eyes peeked open. Barely clinging to consciousness, she looked up at Jeska pleadingly. The titaness smiled cruelly and licked her lips. The girl shivered in horror, but she could fight no longer. Closing her beautiful eyes for the last time, she awaited her fate in silence.

        Scooping the messy young woman into her palm, Jeska gently lifted her up to her face and sucked up her legs. Humans usually tasted salty, but the juices still coating the girl lent her a sweet, warm taste. Slurping her dessert up further -- all the way past her head -- the titaness delighted in the feeling of the girl's smooth skin and supple curves against her tongue. The young woman squirmed half-heartedly as Jeska violated her one last time, the titaness watching in amusement as her hands grasped and clenched just inches from her nose.

        Finally, Jeska decided she'd had enough fun. Pushing the girl's arms into her mouth with a finger, she took a mighty gulp and swallowed her down. The girl dropped quickly down her throat, and her arrival in Jeska's packed gut brought an immediate pang of discomfort. The titaness cringed and caressed her tummy gingerly. Her belly was so tight, now, that she could feel the girl's last kicks distinctly. Normally this would be pleasurable, but right now it only made her more nauseous. The deep belch that rumbled past her lips alleviated some of the uncomfortable pressure, but she could already tell it was going to be a long afternoon.

-----

For a moment, the sky above the Pallfields appeared to have two suns. The new star blazed white before it faded away, revealing a woman who was nearly as radiant, with brilliant silver hair and eyes that shined with golden fire, and flawless pale skin that was covered only by white robes wrapped around her chest and hips, leaving her midriff bare.

        Spreading her six feathery wings, Kayleth dispersed the corona left by her arrival and floated to the ground. Glad to be back in the Firmament once more, she took a moment to test out her new body, stretching her lithe muscles and conjuring wreaths of fire from raw magical energy. The gods had been generous with her new form, and she didn't mind in the slightest. In fact, she felt better than ever.

        Taking in her surroundings, Kayleth found the location familiar. This valley had been a mass gravesite towards the end of the War in Heaven. The last time she saw it, the ground was scorched from arcane fire, and the sky black with smoke from thousands of pyres. Passing centuries had given the land time to heal, but the frail trees and patchy grass covering the landscape told her it would never return to the paradise it once was.

        Now that Kayleth knew her location, she could begin her next task -- finding her target, the titan who was carving a swathe of destruction across the continent of Yaru. Before she manifested, the goddess Hestia had informed her that Jeska's army was camped at the ruins of her old throne, the Great Hearth, and had been heading west for some time. Using the mountain ranges in the distance as landmarks, she judged that if she traveled west, as well, she would eventually cross their wake.

        Satisfied in her heading, Kayleth set off at a brisk pace, but only made it a few steps before she noticed the terrible craters her bare feet were leaving behind. Always careful around her mortal brethren, she decided that carelessly stomping around wouldn't do, and instead levitated herself just enough to keep her weight from harming anything. Continuing onward like that, her immense form crossed the barren landscape in eerie silence.

        Even walking, she covered distance quickly, her huge strides carrying her faster than any lesser animal could run. Before long she'd left the Pallfields behind, and entered a region of low, ancient hills that separated the eastern and western halves of the continent. Though the desolation of central Yaru was monotonous, Kayleth enjoyed the simple sensations of existing -- gentle wind in her hair, warm sun on her skin, soft earth beneath her feet. As a being of pure Aether she did not have the privilege of being manifested in the Firmament forever, so she liked to enjoy her time here as much as she could.

        Kayleth's meditation was interrupted by an unexpected sensation -- that of a minuscule creature struggling underneath her sole. Quickly lifting her foot away to avoid harming it any further, she looked down to see a man sprawled out in the dirt. She bent down and gently scooped him into her palm, immediately noticing that he was much smaller than she remembered humans to be. She was fairly certain they hadn't actually become smaller, which left one explanation -- her new body was much larger than the one she'd had during the war. About three times larger, if memory served. 'The gods must really want Jeska dead,' she thought, 'Or this was the best they could do, and I'm actually on a suicide mission.'

        Kayleth brought her hand up to her face slowly, so as not to startle its passenger. Holding him at eye level, she focused her eyes to get a good look at him. He was a scrawny blonde whelp, no older than twenty. His eyes were bugging out of his head, and his mouth seemed to be trying to make words, but nothing was coming out. He made no attempt to stand, instead crouching on all fours, but he still trembled like he might lose him balance at any moment. Kayleth found it all rather adorable. Unlike the humans she'd served with in the war, this one might not have ever seen a titan, and certainly not one as large as her, who sported angelic wings and a wore halo of light.

        She greeted the boy with a voice as soft as down, "My apologies, little one. I didn't mean to step on you. Are you alright?"

        After a moment he stuttered out a reply, "T-t-titan!"

        Kayleth chuckled, "Close. I'm actually a celestial, a servant of the gods."

        He peeked up at her face, then turned away again, "Are you g-going to h-hurt me?"

        "I'd never dream of it, dear. You have nothing to fear from me," she replied soothingly, reaching her free hand around to rub the young man's back with a finger. The pale appendage absolutely dwarfed him, easily as big around as he was tall, but she maneuvered it with the utmost care, until she could gently caress his back with the very tip of it. The gesture seemed to calm him, and he perked up a bit, but did not respond. Smiling mischievously, Kayleth continued, "Unless, of course, you're the one who's been leading an army of maniacs across Yaru and killing every titan along the way. Then you have everything to fear from me."

        His eyes shot back to her, wide with fear once more. Waving his arms, he pleaded, "Nonono, it's not me, I swear!"

        "It was only a joke, little one," she replied softly, "I know it's not you, of course."

        "Oh. Oh! Of course," he gave a nervous laugh, but the release of tension had made him much more relaxed. He now sat still, enjoying the feeling of her finger against his back.

        "Still afraid of me?" she asked expectantly.

        He hesitated, looking conflicted before he finally replied, "Well, yes..." in a slow and cautious tone.

        Before he could finish, Kayleth's face contorted into an exaggerated pout. "Aww, really?" she said, in mock disappointment.

        "--But only because you're so big!" he continued, "Otherwise I think you're really nice! Really!"

        "Mmm, I suppose I can't blame you for that," Kayleth replied thoughtfully, dropping her act, "Whatever my intentions, my size alone must be quite intimidating."

        From her palm, the young man nodded enthusiastically in agreement.

        No longer worried that he was going to jump off her hand out of fear, or do something else foolish, Kayleth started walking again, but remained focused on her new companion.

        "Tell me, child, what is your name?" she asked.

        "They call me Triam, ma'am."

        "Named after the dead god himself. I take it your parents were mages, then?"

        "No, just commoners. But everyone still asks," he smiled sheepishly.

        "It is a pleasant name regardless," she replied, "The gods bestowed many names upon me during the war, and before that, even, but you may call me Kayleth."

        "Umm, well... Nice to meet you, Kayleth," Triam said awkwardly.

        "And you as well, Triam," she replied.

        They were silent for a moment. Kayleth wracked her memory for another topic. It had been so long since she talked to a human casually, away from death and war and battle, and though it was pleasant, she found she was a bit out of touch.

        "I can see you're still very young, Triam. Have you been taught a trade yet?" she asked.

        "I'm a shepherd, like my father."

        "Where is your flock?" She was pretty sure she hadn't squished any sheep when she trod on the boy, but if she'd scared them off she wanted to repay him for her carelessness.

        The young man looked away from her, before he took a deep breath and answered, "Well... when my father heard the reavers and their evil titaness were on their way to our village, he told me to run, to try to make it through the wastes to somewhere safer. I left my flock and my family behind. I just hope they're alright."

        Kayleth sighed sadly. Triam's hope was likely in vain, but it was not her place to tell him that. Not yet, at least. "I'm sure they're alright, dear. Do you think you could help me find this titaness and her army?"

        "I... I might be able to. But what if she hurts you, too?" he said, looking up at her with concern.

        "Oh, don't worry about me, little one. I was sent here to punish her, and that's what I plan to do," she said matter-of-factly.

        "Really? You would do that... for us?"

        "I would. And I will."

        Triam looked up at her. For a moment, all his fear fell away and he wore an expression of pure awe. Her conviction gave him faith in her, and that faith gave him hope. "I'll... I'll lead you to her," he said, "As best I can, anyways. Because I want to see her punished, too."

        "Thank you, Triam," Kayleth replied sincerely, although she was unsurprised that she had won him over so easily. It was easy to be convincing when you were a towering embodiment of divine power.

        Kayleth cupped her fingers protectively as Triam crawled towards the edge of her hand to get a better view. Scanning the horizon, he pointed, "Keep going west like you are, but angle more that way. Over that hill is where Aldea is. That's my village." Following his gesture, she adjusted her course accordingly.

        As Kayleth walked, Triam crouched behind the wall of her fingers, resting his arms atop them and gazing outwards. After a few minutes of riding in silence, he spoke up. "Kayleth?" he asked meekly.

        "Yes, little one?"

        "When you said you fought in a war, which war was it?"

        "The War in Heaven, of course."

        On hearing those words, his grip on her fingers tightened ever so slightly, and he trembled a bit in an effort to contain his excitement. Kayleth couldn't help but smile. Mortals were always cutest when they tried to act serious.

        "What was it like?" Triam asked.

        "Child, if I tried to tell you everything I knew about the war, you would grow old and die before I finished."

        "Oh," he said, voice falling in disappointment, "S-sorry for asking."

        "But..." she pursed her lips thoughtfully, "I could probably tell you a few stories. After all, we have quite the journey ahead of us."

-----

Late that evening, Jeska lay in her personal command tent, resting while her meal digested. Around this time of the day her quartermasters, scouts, and messengers would give their reports. She'd heard most of them already, but a few had yet to arrive.

        Sighing and shifting on the furs covering the floor, Jeska turned her attention back to her stomach. The indigestion she'd felt earlier had subsided into a comfortable fullness, but the bloated organ still gurgled wetly, deep in the process of breaking down over a dozen humans into base nutrients. As Jeska ran a finger along her belly idly, her mind drifted to more distant thoughts.

        When she first raised her army in the highland steppes of central Yaru, she never dreamed her campaign would take her this far. But now she'd captured Cherim, and would soon march on the ravaged continent's largest city, Velis, which sat nearby on the western coast. After that, she might consolidate control of Yaru, and even launch an invasion across the sea into Arlun, where civilization was said to still prosper. If she did that, if she succeeded where all others had failed, what would father think then? Surely he'd take her back. He had to.

        The faint patter of human footsteps roused Jeska from her introspection. Turning to lay on her side, facing the tent entrance, she saw a gruff-looking man in rugged clothes approaching at a jog. He looked exhausted, and gestured excitedly as he shouted, "My Lady! My Lady! I have news from the scouts. They've sighted another titan. She's following our trail."

        "Have they? What bloodline?"

        "None that I know. She has hair of pure silver, glowing golden eyes, and wings, too! She walks under a wreath of light, like nothing in the Firmament, w--" He choked on his words as Jeska slammed him to the floor with a finger.

        Frowning, she questioned him, "Is this some kind of prank? No titan looks like that."

        Gasping, the man continued, "I swear it's all true! I saw her with my own eyes, outside the ruins of Aldea!"

        Jeska pushed down on his chest harder, and felt his heart flutter through the sensitive skin of her finger pad.

        Practically squealing, both in pain and in fear, the man continued, "There's more! There's more! She's larger than you -- by threefold, at least. She's immense! We must... we must prepare to fight... her..." he trailed off as he ran out of air to speak with, face now an unhealthy shade of blue.

        Jeska pushed down till his frail ribs creaked, then released him. "Get out of my sight," she ordered. Still gasping for breath, the man staggered to his feet and scurried off as quickly as he could manage.

        As soon as she was alone, Jeska pulled the flap of her tent closed, and allowed herself to shiver in fear. No titan looked like that, indeed. But Jeska knew what did look like that. Celestials hadn't walked the Firmament openly since the end of the war. Now one did, and it seemed to be looking for her. She thought back how she'd executed Dorn, and a half-dozen other titans before him. Even in repose, it seemed the gods wanted to protect their own, and that meant killing her.

        What chilled Jeska the most, though, was the scout's description of the celestial's size. The memory of the last time she'd stared down an adversary that much larger than her still burned in her mind. Before she could fight it off, it resurfaced, and the visions consumed her.

-----

Jeska knelt before Korruck's Throne of Steel as dozens of her brothers and sisters looked on. The war god himself sat motionless, his armored form towering above her, while on a podium to his right, Thane -- Korruck's first marshal -- stood, leading the tribunal. Jeska was on trial for cowardice and dereliction of duty, the only of Korruck's children to ever be charged with such a crime.

        "On the eighth of Feldspar, year two hundred seventy-four of the War in Heaven, Jeska the Keen made contact with a pair of Zerrican's scouts in the mountains north of the Eternal Garden," Thane read in grim monotone, "She attacked the scouts, and managed to kill one of them before they were reinforced by a flight of Hestia's celestials. Facing annihilation at the hands of a larger force, Jeska should have relayed her location to her commanding officer through a 'message' spell, and prepared to fight to the death."

        All around, the crowd stiffened in apprehension. Jeska hung her head in shame. She knew what was coming.

        Thane continued, now unable to keep the emotional edge from his voice, "Instead, she pleaded for mercy from the celestials, begging on her knees that they spare her. Foolishly, their leader granted her request. Upon returning to camp in Fell's Pass, she hid her wounds, and did not report the incident."

        The titans around her erupted, jeering, throwing epithets, and screaming for murder. Jeska flinched away from them, but there was nowhere to run. She was sick with shame. Her skin seemed to burn, and she wished with every fibre of her being that she was somewhere else, anywhere but here.

        Realizing her only chance -- now matter how slim -- lay with Korruck, she looked up at her father to see his reaction. He remained motionless, sitting like an immense steel monolith upon his throne. Unable to even look at Jeska, he stared instead into the horizon.

        "Jeska's suspicious behavior around camp was quickly noticed. She was put under the veil by a daughter of Rathis, and her secrets were extracted. After her treachery was discovered, she was imprisoned for three days while the tribunal gathered. Now she will face judgment," Thane finished. The burly titan left the podium and returned to his seat to the left of Korruck, with the other marshals.

        Some of the titans in the audience had gone silent, content to shame Jeska with burning eyes, but the rest had joined together in a chant. "Kill the coward! Kill the coward! Kill the coward!" they cried, again and again.

        "Silence!" Korruck ordered, his single command louder and more imposing than the entire crowd. The chanting stopped, and everyone froze, waiting for his next words.

        Rising to his full height -- five times the size of even the tallest of his children -- Korruck gazed down at Jeska. His molten eyes smoldered with endless unquenched rage, but his expression was unreadable behind his black helmet. Even as her last hopes slipped away, Jeska could not tear her eyes from him, so great was her awe.

        Korruck spoke in a booming voice. His tone was deep and slow, but it carried with it a sense of barely restrained violence that put anyone who heard it on edge. He said, "Like all the gods, I made you -- my children -- in my own image. I gave you the gifts of life and strength, and in return I demanded loyalty and obedience."

        Pointing a gauntleted finger at her in accusation, he continued, "Jeska the Keen, you have betrayed me and spit on all that I stand for. I would like nothing more than to gut you where you stand, and spill your blood upon my throne. But a violent death is too good for you. From this day forward you will be known as Jeska the Coward."

        With an effortless wave, he threw her to the ground, "Leave here, and never return."

        In total silence, the crowd parted to grant her passage. Korruck sat back down, and the ground trembled. Jeska struggled to stand. His words, the power of his voice, the terrifying scale of his every movement, each taken in anger at her -- it had all shaken her to her core. Her failure was total, her punishment absolute.

        Stumbling along -- looking more like a starving waif than a soldier -- Jeska left the Throne of Steel behind, and went out into the wastes. She never saw her father or any of her brothers and sisters ever again.

-----

For a while Triam listened to Kayleth's tales attentively, but eventually the fatigue brought on by long hours of traveling caught up to him. After he ate the food Kayleth conjured for him he started to drift off, and by the time she reached the village he was fast asleep. She cradled him in the soft skin of her palm, but did not wake him. Rushing this would change nothing, so for now he could sleep peacefully, still ignorant of the destruction Jeska had brought to his home.

        Not a single building was left untouched in the small hamlet. Most had been burned, but a few had been smashed to bits -- the oblong craters left in their place recognizable as footprints. Wood and stone rubble was piled along the unpaved streets, and there was a mountain of corpses in the clearing at the center of town, as well as numerous others still strewn throughout the ruins.

        Kayleth was far too large to fit down the narrow streets, so instead she took a seat on the outskirts of town. She was no stranger to the devastation of war, but her heart ached every time she was reminded of the evil that a careless titan could visit upon mortals. 'The gods agreed to leave the Firmament to prevent this kind of carnage,' she thought, 'But still it happens. That's why I'm here.'

        Kayleth knew she couldn't get too emotional, though. By the condition of the bodies, she could tell that Jeska was less than a day away. She needed to be ready to fight her. So instead of brooding, she put herself to work. To make sure no one was still clinging to life in the wreckage she cast a simple spell that would allow her to sense magical auras. Closing her eyes and projecting her awareness, she found only her own aura and Triam's. There was nothing but empty stillness for miles around. All that was left for her to do was bury the dead.

        Kayleth chose a spot by the road and began to dig out a trench with her free hand. Gathering up slain villagers by the handful, she laid them into the ditch in neat rows. It was a crude burial, but it was better than letting them rot away in the summer sun. She'd just started on the second row when she felt Triam stir. He stretched and sat up, looking first to her for guidance.

        "I'm sorry, child," she said solemnly, returning his gaze. He looked confused for a moment, but when he turned and saw the corpses Kayleth carried in her other hand, his face went pale.

        "Are we...? Are we in...?" he said anxiously, voice heavy with dread.

        Kayleth nodded slowly.

        Triam crawled to the edge of her hand and looked down at the ruins. The sight made him shudder, and he hugged onto her thumb for support. Kayleth reached in to comfort him by rubbing his back, but he turned and pushed her finger away. "Are my parents down there? Did you see them?" he asked frantically.

        "If I did, I would not recognize them."

        "Put me down, then. I'll... I'll find them."

        "Are you sure? Death is not a pretty thing, child."

        "I have to know."

        "I understand," Kayleth replied. Before she released Triam she brought him up to her mouth and gave him a kiss. For a moment her pursed lips enveloped his whole body in their pillowy softness. Then she pulled away so she could see him again. "Be strong, little one."

        She set him down, and after first searching the rows of the mass grave, he walked bravely into the village. He went slowly, tip-toeing around like he was a trespasser, eyes wide as they took in the scene of horror. Kayleth watched him wind his way through the destroyed buildings as she continued her work. Eventually he returned, clutching an old blanket and a little book. He looked tired, and his eyes stared off into space blankly, blinking often, as if unable to focus.

        "I didn't see my parents among... among the dead," he said, "Do you think...?"

        "They may have escaped, or been taken as slaves and survived in bondage," Kayleth replied. She withheld the third possibility -- that Jeska had devoured them, and there were no bodies left to find. "What did you find?" she asked.

        "These?" he indicated the items he was carrying, "They're nothing special. Just... a sheet, and an old cookbook I found in my house. All that was left."

        "I see."

        Triam unfolded the blanket and wrapped it around his shoulders tightly, before sitting down with the book clutched close to his chest. He watched Kayleth reach into the town with her huge arms, gently scoop up the tiny human bodies, and lay them into the ditch, working steadily in reverent silence. After a while he looked up at her and asked, "Why do you bother to bury our dead?"

        "Who will bury them if I do not?" Kayleth replied.

        Triam received the words like a blow to the face. The realization that had been held off by shock and adrenaline finally came. The realization of the finality of everything he saw. His home was gone. His people were gone. There was nothing left and there was no going back. Curling into himself, he started to sob.

        Gingerly setting down the corpses she held, Kayleth used a bit of magic to clean off her hands before picking Triam up. She hugged him against her chest and hummed a softly as she waited for him to cry himself out. Slowly his tense body relaxed against her soft skin, until he was still and silent. She let him rest like that for a while before she brought him up to her face again. His eyes were red, and he trembled intermittently, but he seemed calm. Knowing there was nothing more she could do to console him, Kayleth asked, "Once Jeska left here, where would she go?"

        "There's a city south-west of here that's much larger. It's called Cherim. That's where she would go," Triam replied quietly.

        "Then that's where I will go, as soon as I finish the burial. Do you want to accompany me, or stay here?"

        "There's nothing for me here. If I stay with you at least I'll be safe, right?"

        "Of course. But if I'm to fight Jeska, you'll need to be hidden. Preferably on my person somewhere."

        "Like... in a pocket?"

        "No, dear. Right here," Kayleth said, motioning to the considerable cleavage exposed by her low-cut top.

        Triam blushed a bit, but he was too mired in grief to feel much embarrassment or arousal at her proposal. Instead he bowed his head and raised his arms towards her in a gesture of submission. Kayleth took this to mean he was ready to be tucked away, and slipped him into her bosom accordingly. Her mammoth mounds swallowed the boy up without a trace, and as he settled in she adjusted her robes to make sure he would stay put.

        Satisfied that Triam was safely stowed between her breasts, Kayleth returned to her grim work. Once she'd placed all the bodies she moved the dirt back to cover them, and patted it smooth. Gathering up bits of timber from the ruins, she erected a marker over the grave -- an hourglass-shaped bundle that symbolized Lunera, the goddess of death. After she finished she left Aldea behind, and walked into the setting sun, continuing through the night on her way to Cherim.

-----

Rays of morning light peeked in through the gaps in Jeska's tent as an unlucky messenger crept towards the sleeping titaness. He aimed for her torso, out of a justified fear of her limbs and mouth. Once he reached her he tapped on her huge flank, cringing in fear each time his colossal mistress shifted in her sleep. Finally she woke up, and started to roll over onto her stomach to make it easier to stand up. Caught in her path, the messenger dove out of the way and narrowly avoided being squished underneath her belly.

        Groggily, Jeska sat up and tried to get her bearings. She always felt drowsy after sleeping off a big meal. When she noticed the messenger cowering on the ground beside her she frowned, and reached for him. "Was it you who disturbed my rest?" she asked threateningly.

        "She's here! She's here!" the man wailed, not bothering to explain further as he backed away from her approaching hand.

        Jeska knew what he meant. "Dammit," she swore, grabbing her sword. "Tell the sergeants to gather the men and ready a defense," she ordered him.

        "Y-yes mistress!" he replied as he scampered out of the tent.

        Quickly donning her armor, Jeska threw open the tent flap and strode out into the sunlight. As soon as her eyes adjusted, she saw the celestial. Standing a distance from the gates, the woman was easily visible, towering over the ankle-high buildings of Cherim. She immediately noticed Jeska, as well, her incandescent eyes moving from the ranks of soldiers defending the gate to the titaness. Taking a breath to steel herself, Jeska advanced down the city streets to meet her judgment.

        Stepping over the walls, Jeska walked past her men to stand stoically before the much larger celestial. Now face-to-face, the two giants eyed each other. Jeska nervously adjusted her grip on her sword while her mind worked in overdrive to assess the situation. Her enemy's lack of armor or any visible weapons meant she was either unprepared for battle or a powerful mage, likely the latter. In that case Jeska would have to strike quickly before the other woman could bring her spells to bear, but the size difference would make that difficult. It was not going to be an easy fight.

        The celestial spoke, interrupting Jeska's thoughts. "You probably know why I'm here, Jeska," she said, "But I'll make myself clear, anyway. Instead of respecting the order that the gods left behind, you've killed several titans and countless mortals in your conquests. For that they saw fit to punish you. I, Kayleth the Breaking Dawn, Fire of Tiranel and First Captain of Hestia's Celestials, am the agent of that punishment."

        "Then punish me, whore," Jeska retorted.

        Kayleth pressed on, "If you submit I will be merciful, and allow you to take the rites, leaving the Firmament with your soul intact."

        Jeska spat at Kayleth's feet, "To suggest that a daughter of Korruck would surrender is an insult. It's unheard of."

        "Oh, I wouldn't say that," Kayleth said, smiling knowingly.

        Jeska shivered. Something about Kayleth seemed so familiar, but time and circumstance made it hard to place. Her voice? Her eyes?

        "But," the celestial continued, "If it's a fight you want, I won't disappoint."

        Jeska wanted a fight. The part of her that still regretted her cowardice after so many years burned brighter than ever. With a grunt she lunged at Kayleth, aiming her sword high to strike the larger woman's torso. But her blow never connected. Kayleth's heavy palm swatted her down, much faster than she thought the celestial could move.

        Jeska struggled to her feet while Kayleth just stood there, still wearing that smug little smile. Kayleth was toying with her. Strangling anger rose up in Jeska's breast. She did her best to channel it, releasing a bestial growl as she charged again. This time Kayleth caught her by the neck, and held her up to her face in a choking grip.

        Gasping for breath, Jeska swung her sword at Kayleth's arm in an attempt to free herself. The other woman caught it with her off hand. The blade drew blood, but with a whisper Kayleth channeled her fire magic into the weapon, melting it into slag and cauterizing the wound. Jeska squeaked and squirmed as drops of molten metal scorched her hand.

        "Pathetic," Kayleth muttered, slamming the titaness to the ground.

        Jeska didn't rise quickly this time. Groaning in pain, she attempted to crawl backwards, away from Kayleth. Viewed from the ground, the celestial seemed absolutely titanic, her crossed arms and confident posture projecting power and authority. The unease that wound through Jeska's chest was paralyzing. It had been too long since she'd felt real fear. Worse than the fear, though, was the humiliation. This wasn't the glorious last stand of an veteran soldier. It was the spanking of an insolent girl that needed to learn her place.

        For the first time, Kayleth advanced on Jeska. One step closed the distance the titaness had managed to crawl. Another planted an enormous bare foot onto her chest. Jeska tried with all her strength to roll out from underneath it, or push it off her, but Kayleth's weight pinned her down effortlessly. Eventually she grew tired and collapsed back to catch her breath.

        "Are you done?" the celestial asked in a patronizing tone.

        Jeska didn't respond, unable to even make eye contact. Still panting, she waited a few moments before trying another tactic. Leaning forward, she bit down on Kayleth's toe.

        "Ouch!" Kayleth pulled her foot back, looking more annoyed than anything.

        Jeska sprang to her feet and started to run. Dorn's body was still laying in the dirt a short distance away, untouched since the day before. If she could get to it, she could use his spear. It was her last resort.

        Behind her, Kayleth easily kept pace with her huge strides. As soon as she came close enough, she lifted up her foot and pushed it into Jeska's back, sending the titaness sprawling to the ground.

        Jeska spun around to see Kayleth looming over her. "Let's try this again," she said as she squatted down and dropped her full weight onto the smaller woman. Jeska ground her teeth and grunted in pain as Kayleth's weighty rump crushed her chest. The celestial was so much larger that just by sitting she could pin Jeska's arms and torso completely, and her thick thighs threatened to smother the titaness if she closed them over her face.

        "Are you done?" Kayleth asked again.

        Jeska kicked in the dirt ineffectively before she finally resigned. She was completely at Kayleth's mercy. All that was left to do was await her punishment.

        "Good," Kayleth replied, giving a pleased little smile. "Now to decide what to do with this band of murderers you call an army."

        Beneath Kayleth, Jeska craned her neck to look back at her men, still standing some distance away at the gate. Returning her eyes to the celestial, she said, "Forget them. What is my punishment?"

        Kayleth never considered herself a cruel person, but toying with the arrogant, brutish titaness was quite satisfying. Drumming her fingers on her tummy thoughtfully, she considered the woman's request. "That's a good question, dear," she taunted, "One that you will learn the answer to soon enough."

        Jeska glared back at her with eyes so hate-filled they could rival Korruck's own.

        "Now, if I let your reavers go, there's no doubt they would continue to rape and kill in your name," Kayleth explained, "Crushing them would be too messy and barbaric, and I never developed a taste for mortal flesh." Kayleth looked towards the ranks of soldiers as she continued, "Maintaining this form requires energy, though, and it will take time to heal the wounds you caused here."

        The solution was obvious, even if it did seem harsh. Kayleth hoped her stomach could handle it. "Use your war magic," she ordered Jeska, "Command your men to feed themselves to me."

        "As you wish," Jeska said, and closed her eyes to summon up the energy for the spell. Ordering so many men to their deaths would require a powerful enchantment. Though she could hardly speak with Kayleth sitting on her chest, Jeska's words boomed forth, amplified by the magic they carried. Reavers and militiamen straightened in unison, trembling as Korruck's fire burned them from within.

        Kayleth sighed, somewhat disturbed by how Jeska had interpreted her order. She didn't need the poor souls who'd already been pressed into service. She needed the hardened killers. "Release the militia," she said, "I will not dine upon the innocent." Beneath her, Jeska rolled her eyes, and uttered another coarse syllable to break the enchantment. On the flanks of the army the militiamen visibly relaxed, free of the magical compulsion. Between them the reavers began their march towards the two giants.

        The doomed soldiers approached in an orderly column, about ten abreast. Kayleth laid down her hand and they clambered on by the dozen, until no more could fit. Carefully she lifted her crowded palm to her face. Her empathy getting the better of her, Kayleth hesitated there, and took a moment to examine the men she would be executing.

        They were a cruel, ragged bunch, but even through the enchantment their fear was evident. Sweat poured off them and they twitched nervously, as though they wanted to run but some greater fear was holding them in place. Kayleth pitied them, but she could not save them. Reminding herself that this was for the best, she closed her eyes and tossed the handful of soldiers into her mouth.

        As soon as they left her palm their compulsion ended, as it was no longer necessary. They fell screaming into her maw -- a chorus of terror that abruptly ended when her lips smacked shut. The feeling of so many wriggling forms in her mouth was uncomfortable, and Kayleth cringed in disgust as she slowly sloshed them towards the back of her mouth to swallow them. It took several gulps to consume all the men, and when she finished Kayleth had to catch her breath.

        Ignoring the awkward, ticklish feeling of the men moving in her belly, Kayleth lowered her hand down to accept the next group. Driven by fear, one man at the front of the column managed to break the compulsion, fleeing away across the dirt. The inner fire that had poked and prodded him before now raged to consume him, burning from the inside out. His cry of pain died abruptly as flames consumed his skin, until only ashes remained, and his armor clattered to the ground empty.

        "Been a while since I've had one do that," Jeska chuckled, clearly amused by the display.

        Kayleth bounced her weight on Jeska's chest, replacing the titaness's amused grin with a grimace of pain. "Have some respect," she scolded.

        The rest of the soldiers climbed onto Kayleth's palm without issue. Soon they too fell screaming into her mouth, and they too were dragged into the depths of her body with a terrible gulp. Handful by handful, Kayleth devoured the army. Thought it was uncomfortable as first, it got easier as she went on, becoming used to the feeling of the tiny morsels squirming on her tongue, and the feeling of their futile struggles in her stomach.

        Soon Kayleth's trim tummy bulged out with the weight of her meal, groaning intermittently in the strange rites of digestion. She didn't want to imagine the hellish environment churning just inches behind her beautiful skin, but if it was torturous, it was not a prolonged torture. Most of the movement in her stomach died down quickly, overcome by the contractions the organ itself made as it gurgled away contentedly. After she gulped down the last group of soldiers, Kayleth let out a cute, feminine burp. Bringing a hand up to cover her mouth, she muttered, "Excuse me."

        "Are you done?" Jeska asked petulantly, turning Kayleth's words back on her.

        "No, actually," the celestial replied, "Now it's time for the main course."

        Jeska looked puzzled for only a moment before her face contorted into a scowl. "You're going to try and eat me next?" she scoffed, "Good luck with that."

        "It won't be pleasurable for either of us, but I can do it."

        "Why bother then? Just kill me and get it over with," Jeska said. She sounded confident, but Kayleth saw the fear in her eyes.

        "Because I was not sent here merely to eliminate you, Jeska, but to punish you," Kayleth explained, "And what better punishment than for you to melt away, screaming in agony like so many of the mortals you murdered, giving me the strength to fix your crimes?"

        "Fine. Devour me," Jeska spat, "But you won't hear me scream. I'll go to my death with joy, like father would want."

        "Who said anything about dying?" Kayleth asked cryptically as she slowly lifted herself off of Jeska, keeping the titaness pinned with a firm hand on her throat.

        Jeska's eyes narrowed in confusion. "What are you planning?" she asked accusingly.

        "I'm planning to make you a part of me," Kayleth teased, "That's what happens to food, is it not?"

        "Without killing me? How?" Jeska sputtered.

        "No more questions," Kayleth said. Standing up to her full height, she lifted Jeska up by her shoulders, "It's time to get you inside me."

        Holding the titaness still, Kayleth used her fire magic to melt through the clasps of Jeska's armor. As the heavy black plates clattered to the ground around her, the smaller woman kicked her legs up at Kayleth in protest, crying, "Stop it! You can't!" But her legs were too short to strike, and her pleas were ignored.

        Relaxing her muscles, Kayleth drew magic into her flesh itself, allowing her form to become malleable. Normally this sort of spell would be used to modify her appearance, but today it would make it possible to swallow Jeska whole.

        Bringing Jeska up to her mouth, Kayleth planted her lips onto the woman's head, like kissing a child. But instead of breaking the kiss, after a moment she opened her mouth wider and forced Jeska in. The titaness was too bewildered to protest as Kayleth's mouth slowly engulfed her head, until the celestial's lips wrapped around her neck. Here Kayleth took a mighty swallow, forcing her throat open to accept the girth of Jeska's skull. It felt like her neck would burst, the stretching was so painful, but once her throat muscles had their grip she started to gulp Jeska down ravenously.

        The titaness squeaked as more and more of her body was slurped past Kayleth's perfect pink lips. Soon her arms were all but devoured, and Kayleth held Jeska by her hips as she tilted her head back and hoisted the doll-sized woman above her. With gravity aiding her, the celestial managed to clear Jeska's rear in just a few gulps, leaving only her awkwardly kicking legs outside. Wrapping one hand around both of the errant limbs, and using the other to support her rapidly swelling gut, Kayleth took the last couple of swallows, pushing Jeska's still wriggling toes into her mouth and sealing her fate forever.

        As soon as Jeska's legs finished their journey down her throat, Kayleth opened her mouth with a gasp. She panted for a few moments, trying catch her breath after not being able to breathe for nearly a minute. She couldn't remember ever feeling so disgustingly full in all her years of existence.

        Groaning as her meal adjusted to its new confines, Kayleth knelt down, and then slowly lowered herself into a sitting position. Her bloated belly lay heavily in her lap, its round smoothness marred only by the tiny bumps left by Jeska's kicks, and there was an uncomfortable pressure caught in her chest. Desperate to be rid of it, Kayleth relaxed her jaw, expecting to release a dainty little burp. To her surprise a huge, wet eructation roared forth, echoing over the city.

        "Goodness, how crude of me!" Kayleth said as she blushed and covered her mouth, quite embarrassed that everyone in Cherim had just heard her belch like a monster.

        But crude as it was, to the people of Cherim that noise signified the defeat of a great tyrant. After a few moments of speculative silence, the militiamen began to cheer, running towards Kayleth in an ecstatic mob. In the city, hardy survivors emerged from boarded up houses to join in, pouring out of the gates and rushing across the dusty field. As they crowded around her, Kayleth remembered the little stow-away she'd brought with her from Aldea. Fishing Triam out of her cleavage, she held him up to her face and waited while he adjusted to the light. Rubbing his eyes, he looked up at her questioningly.

         "We're in Cherim, now, dear," she explained gently, "Jeska is gone." Placing him down, outside the crowd at her feet, she continued, "Go, find your family."

         He said something, but she couldn't hear it over the cheers of the crowd. Waving, he turned away to walk back to the city. Kayleth thought she could see the hint of smile on his young face.

         Turning her attention to the townspeople gathered all around her, Kayleth addressed them in a soft, but commanding voice. If she was to guide them to a peaceful future, she wanted to make a good first impression. "People of Cherim," she said, "Know that Jeska will torment you no longer. And know that I would be honored to replace her as your new queen, if you'll have me."

-----

When Jeska slipped into Kayleth's stomach she found a roiling cauldron of acid, and the messy slurry of what had once been her reavers. What little air there was stung her lungs, and strong muscles churned and squeezed around her, bathing her in putrid bile. The organ was hard at work digesting its meal, and it showed no signs of stopping.

        With characteristic spite, Jeska decided that she was going to make this as hard and uncomfortable on Kayleth as she could. Curling up to gain some leverage, she started delivering sharp, strong kicks to the stomach walls around her. The stomach groaned and convulsed, squeezing her with another peristaltic motion. A shift in gravity told her that Kayleth was moving, lowering herself to the ground. But otherwise her attacks went unnoticed, and that reminder of her complete helplessness made her angry.

        Letting her anger guide her, Jeska picked up the assault, putting her whole body into each kick. After only a few powerful kicks, she froze, seizing up as sharp pain wracked her chest. Breathing so much of the caustic air so quickly was burning up her lungs. Coughing up bloody phlegm, Jeska had no choice but to give up, and surrender to the stomach's motions.

        Time dragged on slowly in Kayleth's belly. The churning, gurgling darkness was disorienting, and with the bile constantly splashing into her mouth and nose, Jeska could never catch her breath, like water torture, only much, much worse. Now that she was no longer fighting back, the stomach squeezed her into a tight little ball, and it became hard for her to move. Feeling trapped, a primal, claustrophobic fear began to grow within her. She wanted to scream and thrash and fight her way out -- anything to free her from this sticky, horrible pit -- but she held back. This was her final test, and she would not break.

        Eventually, Jeska's skin began to turn raw. It started around her feet and shoulders, where the stomach muscles rubbed her the most, but soon it spread everywhere. The steadily increasing pain would soon become unbearable, but she clung to the hope that she would die before then, and finally have her peace.

        From inside Kayleth, Jeska could only get a vague sense of what was happening outside. The stomach walls blocked all light, and sounds were muffled and indistinct over the squelching organic chorus of Kayleth's digestive system. Her captor's body had become her entire world. After a while, Kayleth seemed to stand up, and sway with a waddling gait. She walked around for a bit -- squishing Jeska uncomfortably each time she bent over or squatted down -- before finally sitting again, this time laying all the way down on her back.

        Even through the thick stomach walls, Jeska could feel Kayleth's hand caress her when the celestial rubbed her belly. The gentle pressure that accompanied each satisfied pat was equally distinct. Kayleth was finally settling down to relax and digest her meal. The very idea of it was bizarre and humiliating to Jeska. She truly was nothing more than food now.

        As the hours dragged by, Jeska found the burning pain never dulled, and her mind never faded into delirium. The death that she longed for would not come, no matter how much agony she endured. If finally became to much to bear when the skin began to slough away from her flesh. The fear Jeska was holding back rolled forth, seizing her limbs with hysteria, and she screamed as loud as her shredded lungs could manage. Choking on her own blood, she begged Kayleth to release her, to put her out of her misery, to end her suffering, because nothing could be so horrible as this. As she fully surrendered to her fear, the long-buried memory of that battle in the mountains rushed back. She remembered, now, why Kayleth seemed so familiar. The cruel irony was like salt in her wounds.

-----

Clutching the gash in her side, Jeska backed away from the ebony-skinned celestial before her. The mountain snow swirled around them, so thick it was hard to see the two other celestials tending to the wounded scout nearby. Kicking away her sword, the winged man reached for Jeska, spear in hand. She curled up, expecting a blow that never came. Instead he picked her up by the scruff of her overcoat, and started dragging her back to his companions.

        "I surrender, I surrender!" Jeska cried, "Please, spare me, please!" She couldn't believe what she was saying, but the words just kept coming. She'd never been so scared in her life. Her knees were weak and it felt like someone was tying her intestines in knots and she was ready to say anything just to be safe again.

        "The captain will decide your fate," the celestial said gruffly, wrapping his other hand under her arm to better drag her through the thick snow. As they approached the other celestials, their voices became audible over the howling wind.

        "Do you think he'll make it?" one asked. She wore a plain steel breastplate and a simple rounded helm -- similar to the man pulling Jeska -- but had long blonde hair running from under the helmet down her shoulders.

        "I've done all I can to stabilize him. If we can fly him back to the Great Hearth quickly enough, he might have a chance," the other replied. Her gilded armor and imposing winged helm marked her as the captain.

        "Where's Malach? We should leave right away," the first urged with worry in her voice.

        "I'm here," Malach replied, throwing Jeska to the ground beside them. "What becomes of her?" He asked, looking to the commander.

        Staring into the woman's golden eyes with all the conviction she could muster, Jeska pleaded, "Have mercy, I... I beg you. I'll become a prisoner. Anything! Just... just don't..." It was pathetic, but she didn't care anymore. She just wanted to live.

        "We can't take her prisoner, we have wounded," the blonde celestial said.

        "And if we let her go, she will report vital information to Korruck's forces," Malach added.

        Jeska knew what they were thinking. Her stomach clenched to the point of nausea. She saw herself bleeding out into the snow, cold and forgotten, with a sword wound across her neck. Swallowing whatever dignity she still had, she continued to beg, "I won't tell them. I won't. I'll hide everything. Just please let me go."

        "So you suggest we execute her, then?" the commander asked her two subordinates bluntly.

        The blonde woman nodded solemnly.

        "I do," Malach replied, with unfeeling discipline.

        "Although your reasons are valid, I will not allow it," the leader replied, "If we can no longer show mercy, we fight for nothing. The war consumes us."

        "Sometimes I wonder if you're too kind for your own good, Kayleth," the blonde replied, with a hint of a smile.

        "If I am, it's a flaw I'll wear with pride," Kayleth said, "Now grab him," she pointed to the scout, "And follow me through the storm." Spreading her wings, she took flight, leaving a fiery wake to guide them.

        Stepping over Jeska, Malach hooked his hands under the scout's arms and lifted him up. The blonde celestial grabbed him by the legs, and together they carried him away into the sky.

        Alone in the snow, Jeska struggled to her feet and began the long journey back to camp.

-----

Kayleth had spent the last few hours talking with the people of Cherim. There was overwhelming popular support for her rule, but -- as she learned -- Jeska had devoured the city's elite only yesterday, which left the question of who actually had the authority to crown their new queen. Eventually they chose a few men from the lesser noble families to make her coronation "official", and as her first order as Queen of Cherim, Kayleth called a recess until the following day to get some much-needed rest.

        Now she lay under Jeska's old tent, which she'd rebuilt into something of an low lean-to on the outskirts of town. Even reduced to little more than a sun-shade, it was only barely large enough for her to fit under. The soft mammoth furs that served as her bedding made it quite comfortable, however. Laying back, with her wings wrapped around her, Kayleth found herself taking a bit of guilty satisfaction from her gluttony. There was something about relaxing after a long day with a full belly that just felt right.

        That all changed when her meal released a blood-curdling scream. Kayleth cringed as Jeska's cry died off, gingerly caressing her swollen belly out of an instinctive need to comfort. The hysterical litany of begging that followed was even more heart-wrenching, and Kayleth decided she needed to do something. Her first thought was to cast a spell that would muffle Jeska's voice, but to blind herself to the reality of torture was sheer decadence. The other option was to show mercy, and blunt Jeska's pain with her magic. Even if it wasn't the right choice, Kayleth knew it was the only choice she could make. Her heart wouldn't allow anything else.

         Placing her hands onto her bulging tummy, Kayleth uttered a few melodic words, casting a simple healing spell on Jeska. The titaness immediately fell silent, as the pain that had ruled the last few hours of her life dulled to a warm numbness. After a moment she croaked out a muffled, "Thank you." Kayleth barely heard it over the noisy gurgles her stomach was making. She didn't reply with words, but she did begin to rub her belly in slow, comforting circles.

         A few hours later, as Jeska's dissolving form churned and sloshed within her, Kayleth waited patiently to begin the final part of her punishment, the part that so confused the titaness earlier that day. While Jeska's body would die in Kayleth's stomach, the celestial would ensure her soul would live on, as a part of her.

         When the time came, the Kayleth closed her eyes and drifted into a trance. Feeling the flow of magic with her mind, she focused all her attention on Jeska's aura -- a black, smoky wreath that emanated from the titaness in choking waves. As her physical body finally failed, reduced to mush by Kayleth's digestion, Jeska's aura began to diffuse, blowing away as the soul that fueled it scattered into the Aether. Weaving a net-like spell, Kayleth ensnared Jeska's soul, pulling it into her body and binding it there, where she might draw on its energy for her own uses.

        The ritual completed, Kayleth's eyes popped open with a start. She could still sense Jeska's presence when she reached out with her magic, but otherwise there was no trace of her left. Kayleth only felt warm, and oddly full, although it was a completely different kind of fullness from the one in her belly. The combined effect made her quite tired, and after adjusting a bit to get comfortable under her little tent, she fell asleep in minutes.

-----

The further irony of receiving Kayleth's mercy a second time was not lost on Jeska, but she was far too happy to not be in excruciating pain to care. As the lovely numbness claimed her, she allowed herself to drift off, as she went -- presumably -- to her death. Dying without taking the rites, she expected no afterlife. Mortal souls were simple enough to join the gods intact, but as a titan, hers would fracture, and scatter, returning to the fabric of the universe forever. To most it would be a bittersweet end, but Jeska was looking forward to being free of the guilt and failure that had haunted her almost all her life.

        The dull sensations of Kayleth's stomach faded as her body was reduced to nothing but nutritious goop. But still Jeska remained. She remembered the mocking words Kayleth had delivered that very day, even though it seemed like an eternity ago, and she grew worried. What had become of her? What cruel fate had befallen her now?

        It had been hard for Jeska to keep track of time in Kayleth's stomach, but here, in this warm, silent darkness, it was impossible. Whether minutes passed, or months, she would never know, but eventually her senses began to return. Touch came first, by far the strongest, as she clearly felt a gentle pressure all along her body. Sights and sounds remained indistinct -- it was still dark, and she thought she heard someone breathing, but it wasn't her. She still couldn't control her lungs, or move much of anything at all. Recalling Kayleth's words again, Jeska realized that the only explanation was that she was trapped in -- or had simply become -- some part of the celestial's body. But which part?

        Behind Jeska, powerful muscles flexed, and the pressure on her increased a little more. More flexing, and a lurch of acceleration, and the pressure was gone, replaced with an awkward hanging sensation. Suddenly, something struck a stinging blow to one of her sides, sending her body jiggling. The motion settled quickly, but her complete helplessness in the face of this teasing bothered her a little. The fact she was so deprived of sensation that she found herself wishing to be smacked again bothered her more. The realization that was slowly dawning in her mind bothered her the most. Feeling Kayleth's hand grab one of her -- she was loath to say it -- cheeks and jiggle it around all but confirmed her fears. She was nothing more than a fresh layer fat on Kayleth's prodigious rump. The fact that it was without a doubt the largest and most divine ass in all of Yaru was slim consolation for her ignoble fate. But try as she might, Jeska found it hard to be too indignant, or too much of anything, really. Being sentient fat made it difficult to do much thinking, and she was far too worried about when Kayleth might lovingly touch her next.

-----

The sun was high in the sky when Kayleth woke the next day. The first thing she noticed was how heavy she felt, and it wasn't just because she was drowsy. Something told her that Jeska would be sticking around in more ways that one.

        Sitting up out of habit, she ripped right through her makeshift tent and into the sunlight. Chuckling a bit at her own carelessness, Kayleth moved to peel away the rest of the ruined structure, but froze when something far more embarrassing happened. Her robe top -- now straining to contain her much larger bust -- came undone and drifted to the ground. Before she had the chance to turn too red, Kayleth quickly threw up an illusion -- a cube of dense smoke roughly the size of a changing room.

        Safe from prying mortal eyes, Kayleth stood to her full height, and took a moment to examine her new curves. She'd filled out considerably, sporting wider hips, large pendulous breasts, and a thin layer of plush fat on her previously trim tummy. The most impressive gain, though, was in her round, soft butt.

        Kayleth knew that Jeska's consciousness was currently inhabiting some part of her heavenly body, but she hadn't bothered to check where the ex-titaness had settled. The thought crossed her mind that Jeska might be responsible for her new and improved rear, and she gave it a mischievous slap, watching it jiggle a bit before grabbing a handful. "I hope you enjoy your new home, Jeska," she teased, "Because you'll be staying for long, long, time."

        Wrapping up her self-inspection, Kayleth decided that she liked her new body. She originally planned to use magic to maintain her slim shape, but she didn't mind being a little soft around the edges -- it was fitting, after all, considering how soft she was at heart.

        Picking up her robes from the ground, Kayleth re-tied them in a comfortable fit before she banished the illusion, ready to begin her first day as Queen.

-----

Though she began with only Cherim, over the years Kayleth united much of Yaru under her banner, from Velis in the west to the steppes in the east. Ruling with kindness and wisdom, she led her people to an era of prosperity far greater than the wars Jeska wrought. She was hailed as the Goddess-Queen, and her praises were sung across the land.

        But eventually the years of navigating mortal politics, working miracles with her magic, and fighting disasters with her strength all took their toll on Kayleth. As her power waned she shrank from her imposing original height to a more familiar one, no taller than the titans. Her eyes didn't burn as they used to, nor did her silver hair shine in the sun. And though she didn't truly age, her body withered and grew frail.

        After centuries, Kayleth knew the time was coming for her to return to the Aether and rejoin the gods who'd sent her so long ago. But she still had one last task -- a task that awaited the right opportunity.

        That opportunity came on a sunny spring afternoon. Kayleth sat in the verdant garden outside of Velis that was her palace. The carven stadium seats arrayed before her throne were empty, and so was the throne, as Kayleth preferred to sit in the grass when the senate was not in session. Only a handful of people were in the palace at all -- not that Kayleth minded, as this was the closest she ever got to a day off. Those that were there were mostly visitors who'd come to see the beautiful garden, and one couple that had come to their Queen with a very specific request.

        The pair -- a young man named Beren, and a young woman named Hadara -- made their way across the huge expanse of grass towards Kayleth. Even at a fraction of her original size, and sitting down, she still towered over them. As they approached, they slowed, and tried to bow to her.

        "There's no need for such formality, little ones, although it is quite flattering," she said, placing her outstretched palm at their feet, "Please, come join me."

        They clambered on nervously, and huddled together in the center of her palm. Kayleth lifted them carefully in her cupped palm, but as they rose into the sky, Hadara clung to her husband for support. When they finally reached her face, Kayleth waited for one of them to speak first. After a moment of awkward silence, Beren nudged his wife. She began, "Your highness--"

        "Please, call me Kayleth," she corrected softly.

        Hadara looked surprised, but when she started again, it was with more confidence, "Kayleth, we have... a favor to ask of you. Would you be so kind as to help us?"

        "I'd love to help you, child."

        "Really?" Hadara beamed.

        Kayleth nodded, "Of course."

        "Well, we want to have a child. A baby girl. But... it may be that I am infertile, or..."

        "Or I am impotent," Beren finished.

        "We've tried, for years now, and..." she started to choke up, "And we were about ready to give up, but we wanted to see if you could help us. It's our last chance."

        "Mmm, I'm not the miracle worker I once was," Kayleth said, "But I'll see what I can do. Hold still."

        Summoning up the last of her magic, Kayleth leaned in, and planted a kiss on Hadara's torso. The small woman gasped in surprise as the soft lips engulfed her body. With the kiss traveled the remains of Jeska's soul -- shriveled almost to mortal size by long years of use -- and a bit of magic that would make sure that soul found its way to the right place.

        When Kayleth finally pulled out of the long kiss, Hadara burst into giddy laughter. "When are you going to learn how to kiss like that, Ber?" she joked.

        "Well..." the young man looked between his wife and Kayleth bashfully. As compensation, the celestial gave him a smooch too, before she sent the two on their way.

        Nine months later, they came back with a beautiful baby girl. At Kayleth's request, they named her Jeska.

Chapter End Notes:

As always, thank you for reading, and comments are appreciated.