- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay. I dindn't really have a chance to write anytime and I probably won't again till more Christ.
Waking up at dusk to discover Diana in my arms was...confusing. First and foremost, what had made Diana feel the need to climb into my bed? Second, Why was she undressed and where were her clothes? Third, why was my bed so messed up? Lastly, why did i feel so at peace with her in my arms? All thes questions answers would have to wait till I woke her after I prepared breakfast. Quietly getting up and releasing my hold on her, I left for the kitchen. Grabbing a skillet, 6 eggs, my spatula, and some pepper I set put to make some damn good eggs. As I started the skillet heating, I grabbed a frying and the last of my bacon. 'This should be enough for the both of us even if I wasn't so freaichly tall.' Having prepared breakfast and layed out the table, I set about waking up Diana. "Diana, wake up." I called softly in the bedroom. "Diana, it's time to get up." Sighing I became resigned to having to share her awake. Approaching silently, I saw her face in the setting sun. With the golden light weakening and becoming softer, it made her beautiful skin almost seem like it was glowing. Looking at the other window as the sun finally set to see the moon had just rested the horizon and looking back to see if the lighting had changed on her face made freeze. She looked perfect. There was no other way to describe how she looked in the full moon's light. The silvery glow lit up her face and complimented her skin tone much better than the setting suns had. If anything she looked better in the moonlight than anybody else he had knew, including Elizabeth. As I shook off my stupor, I realized that breakfast was still on the table and I proceeded to wake her up. As she came to she pleaded, "Orion! Just five more minutes and then I'll get up. Please?" "Diana it's John. It's time to eat breakfast." Rolling over, she opened her eyes and looked at me. "Oh, hi John. Is it morning already? Wow, that was fast." Quickly realizing that I was dressed while she remained in her undergarments made her get up and dressed. "Sorry for not being up earlier. I haven't always been able to sleep in a bed never mind this monstrosity you call one." "It's not my fault your two and a half feet shorter than I am." Standing up on the bed, she was still shorter than me a good foot and a half. "Last night, did you have heels on?" Hearing this made her blush profusely. Almost ashamedly she admitted,"Yes I had heels on. If you must know I am actually three and a half feet shorter than you. So get all the short jokes out know." "No, I was just curious as to why you were still so much shorter on the bed than you ghouls have been. Now, if you don't mind, I have prepared breakfast. Eggs and bacon." "Wow a man that can cook, is a major piece of eye candy, has a nice place, and is still single. You must had women lined up to get you for themselves." Reaching the kitchen table before answering, "I wouldn't say lined up. More like it's a prison riot that has been armed by the military. That is immune to nuclear radiation." Hearing her laugh at my accurate description stopped me in my tracks. It was so musical and so uniquely hers. It fit her cheeky, witty personality perfectly. "So where do you wanna go today.?" "Well what is there to do?" Taking a bite of food to buy time to think I finally said, "Well there are the dance halls, the ice rink, the roller rink, the court, and the parks. That's about it." Deciding to give her some to think about the plethora of places and things to do, I cleaned the dishes. As I washed the dishes, she came up behind me, and gave me a hug. Feeling her small body press against my back I turned around held her close until she broke off. "It's been a while since anybody just let me hug them." She said somewhat lugubriously. "You need a hug, just ask. Anything for a friend." Nodding she resumed thinking. Having finished the dishes, Iprceeded to organize them by size, type, and coloration. "Why don't we go to a dance hall?" "Sure, I kn ow a few. What type of music do you want to dance to: country, club, or more intimate?" "Letr's gor for the more romantic setting." "Do you need to get ready? Seeing as I own the property and have a few songs for us, there isn't a need to get dresssed up. Unless of course you were trying to impress me." Smiling, I waited for her answer. Finally she responded, " Nah, I think this is good enough don't you? I mean these clothes really emphasize my curves." Upon closer inspection they really did emphasize her shapeliness. If anything the clothes she was wearing were a tad bit too small for her. "You sure you can dance in those tight clothes? They don't look they'll stretch much if at all." "They'll do. Now let's get king." With that, we left my house for the dance hall.
Chapter End Notes:
Please do note anything that could be of use for improvement.