- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So this here is a story featuring my friend Smushedboy's OC Lygia: https://smushedboy.deviantart.com/art/In-Lygia-s-Flip-Flops-501593964

 

Nothing too fancy, just some simple, sizey fun, but hope you guys like it. It's all already done and I'll be updating it every few days. Expect somewhere in the realm of three or four more chapters.

 

 

--------------------

 

 

A white van pulled up to the curb of a of a pristine sidewalk. The sun was glistened beautifully over a picturesque scene of middle class suburbia with dozens of sizable homes lining the streets. Each one looking respectable and well-kept with only the occasional flicker of movement from within.

“Alright, there it is.” Within the van a middle-aged man gestured to one of the houses towards the edge of the street curb. The shaved head he had was betrayed by the bits of hair indicating a receding hairline, but he himself seemed youthful in the face in spite of apparent aging.

“This is our next place then?” At his side another, slightly younger adult male leaned forward, his hair longer and more wavy and unkempt. “You scoped it out right Mark?”

“No, I did.” A third voice chimed in from the back of the van. Easily the biggest of the three, a chiseled figure with a thick beard poked his head between the two front seats. “She should be gone for a few hours. Plenty of time.”

“You sure Duncan?” Mark turned to look back at his muscular compatriot. “When we get in there we can’t just get out you know.”

“I’m sure.” Duncan grunted out with a roll of his eyes. “Every other Saturday she leaves. Dunno where she goes but she’s usually gone ‘til it’s dark. Plenty of time.” He affirmed once again.

At the passenger seat the youngest of the three chuckled and opened the van door. “If Muscles says it’s good it works for me. Let’s get this over with.”

Mark frowned at the man, reaching for his own door. “Just be careful Adam. You damn near gave me a heart attack last time. I thought for sure you got caught.”

“Yeah yeah.” Came the flippant reply.

One by one the three all exited the vehicle. Not even one of them seemed particularly suspicious, all wearing jeans and t-shirts. Save for Duncan who opted for a sleeveless gym-shirt that highlighted his muscular figure. Together the three simply appeared like any trio of adults as they walked towards the house they were discussing.

It was a nice place most certainly. Not a particularly wealthy or lavish house but there was a cozy charm to its brick walls and well-kept shrubbery. The sort of middle-class home that wouldn’t have looked out of place in some advertisement with a white picket fence and a sales person.

“So what’s the deal with this lady anyway? She loaded or something?” Adam inquired as they all walked, toying with his hair lazily.

Mark winced a bit at the question, taking a quick moment to look around before replying. “Watch it man, we don’t want anyone to overhear us.” He sighed as his quick search revealed nobody around. “She seems like she has enough money. Let’s put it like that.”

“Nickle and diming our way up eh?” Adam smirked and looked back to the house. “Smart I guess. Wouldn’t want to draw too much attention.” He flashed his wrist towards them both with a grin. Adorned along it was a thin silver bracelet roughly the width of a watch but with no discernable features otherwise. “We already have enough problems cause of these.”

These are why we can get away with this.” Mark retorted while examining his own wrist. Like Adam he too had a bracelet. As did Duncan. Unlike either of theirs however, his had a clear monitor and buttons.

The banter came to a stop as they ascended the porch of the house. After taking a moment to look around once again Mark began to reach for his bracelet. “Alright, you guys ready?”

Adam crossed his arms and nodded with a resigned sigh, one hand adjusting his auburn hair. “It’d only take five minutes if we just grew inside you know.”

He was answered by a firm frown from both of his fellows. “You know it’s too risky. We can’t leave any evidence behind.”

“Yeah yeah.”

After making a mental note to work on his partner’s attitude problem, Mark looked back to his wrist and began to tinker with the series of buttons. A pulse suddenly came from all of their bracelets, vibrations trembling throughout their forearms and permeating out across their entire bodies. The world began to spin ever so slightly as everything began to feel like it was distorting around them. There was a slight sense of nausea they all choked down, long since used to it by now.

It felt as though everything was growing around them, but the truth was in fact the exact opposite. The three were shrinking down. Rather quickly at that. Each of the three were respectably tall men in their own right, but over the course of half a minute that changed dramatically. Their forms dwindled, soon losing a foot. Then two…three…four. They all still had the appearance of adults but their size very quickly resembled children and still they went smaller. All the way until they were all no larger than a mere inch.

Adam let out a soft whistle as he looked around. The simple white door they had all stood before was now an ivory monolith. Bits of chipped paint that were nigh invisible now stood out as thick gashes in an otherwise even surface. “You know, every time we do this I feel like I’d be used to it. Nope.” His eyes trailed around. The steps of the balcony. The shrubbery adjacent to it. Even the fence far off into the distance. All of it loomed like skyscrapers and mountains to them now. It truly was the perspective of a lowly insect and it was hard to shake the emasculating sensation that idea brought with it.

“I know what you mean.” Duncan mumbled while he too looked around. “Let’s just hurry up. The faster we clear this place the sooner we can get back to full size again.”

Not needing any further prodding on the matter the three set off. Getting into the building wasn’t too tricky thanks to their size. They merely needed to slide along the crack in the door, sidling their way through until they were inside. Once there they were of course greeted by the enlarged interior of the house. A small entryway bled into a seemingly endless plain of wooden floorboards that led off into a series of rooms.

“Fucking halls. Great.” Adam, the peanut gallery, groaned.

“At least it’s not carpet.” Duncan frowned.

“It’s not as bad as it looks.” Mark began to step ahead, beginning the long trek it would take to get to an actual room. “Split up and meet back here as soon as you find something worthwhile. We don’t wanna be here any longer than we need to.”

“Aw darn, and here I wanted to go on a panty raid after.” Adam shrugged and began to walk as well with Duncan pulling the rear.

As impressively massive as everything now was, actually traversing such an enlarged world didn’t take nearly as long as one might imagine. Being an inch tall was an incredible handicap, but it wasn’t crippling. At a brisk pace one could traverse a hallway in about ten minutes. Not nearly as fast as the ten seconds a normal-sized person would take granted; but such was the price of being careful.

It wasn’t long before all three of the thieves lost sight of one another, each one branching off to investigate a different area of the house. As much as Adam irked him, Mark knew he could be trusted to get the job done and Duncan, well, he definitely wouldn’t have any problems.

Still, as Mark entered the living room he couldn’t help but be in awe of the splendor of everything. At such a small size even a typical living room somehow felt like he was in some kind of alien world. Everyday furnishings like couches and tables were now unrecognizably large figures towering in the distance, their textures and appearance completely foreign at an enlarged scale. Even if he could logically rationalize these things and identify what they were it did little to still the sense of awe they constantly inspired. As if some part of him instinctively associated the towering things with the same feeling he got staring at buildings and mountains.

Identifying everything took some work at his size but he managed a decent lay of the land so to speak. Along one wall rested a large, fluffy beige couch with a single wooden table in front of it. Poised right across from it was a stand with a TV, and next to that was a particularly tall rack that had a number of movies lined up along it. Across the room was a plant for decoration and some pictures highlighting the walls. Although what they depicted was impossible to tell from the floor. All in all a pretty typical living room. In other words…

“Nothing here.” Mark sighed and began to make for another doorway. Sometimes he’d get lucky and find a good room to rob right away. This was not one of those times.

TH-UNK

A loud crash came from afar, just barely audible to Mark, but the fact it was audible at all through the house walls meant it must’ve been loud indeed. He instinctively turned to look back and found himself looking at the couch. Probably just the neighbor’s car. With a shrug he kept going, ignoring the rumbles of footsteps in the distance.

However, the footsteps only grew louder. Loud enough he soon found himself naturally focusing in on them. The sounds were muffled but the inescapable booms were clearly borne of something with incredible weight. It sounded more like a boulder had slammed into the ground than a person simply taking a step. The fact that it was getting louder though was concerning, a mailman perhaps?

Duncan said she’d be gone for hours. Mark reminded himself. Maybe Adam would botch checking a place out in advance but definitely not that stoic man. Whoever was near this house it definitely couldn’t have been the owner. He told himself such over and over again, unable to shake the growing dread lingering inside.

CLICK

With his next step Mark froze in place, everything going numb in the nanosecond he heard that. Without a doubt it was the click of a door. The logic-minded man inside of him demanded he run for cover now, but he couldn’t control himself. His head started turning of its own accord back towards the hall he’d spent over a dozen minutes traversing. There, through the opening, he saw sunlight filter in against the wall.

“Whew.” A particularly loud voice exhaled, her voice rumbling like the ominous thunder it was to the shrunken burglar.

Lygia was home.