- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The day comes to a close.

The massive, yet petite, sole of Abigail's foot loomed over Jason, casting him in the shadow of a beast he didn't want to be in the shadow of. He stared at the sole, seeing all the various wrinkles that formed on it. The heel of her sole was closest to him and he could see it was pretty callused and a darker shade of brown than the rest of the sole, no doubt from all the dirt she unknowingly picked up from simply walking. He lead his eyes upwards along her sole. He was barely able to make out her toes at the very top, a fact which concerned him quite a bit. There was a small thing stuck to her sole, right at the ball of her foot. Jason didn't know what it was, but he knew it wasn't him, so he didn't care. Jason didn't really care about feet, they were just feet after all, he just didn't want them on the table, that was it. Now he was getting to know more than he ever thought he could know about Abigail's foot. Just one foot, not even both, he was too small for that. 
 
 
 
 
In the blink of an eye, Abigail's foot moved from in front of Jason, and a giant white object clacked onto the table near him. He looked over and was able to identify it as one of their plates. It was the same kind of plate he had used to eat dinner on just the day before. Now the plate could crush him, if he could even be crushed. He had just gotten stepped on repeatedly by Abigail and he was perfectly fine. He was beginning to wonder if he could even die. He didn't want to test it. Not yet. Jason turned his attention back upwards and saw the best thing he had seen since the whole ordeal had begun: Abigail was looking right at him!  
 
 
 
 
Jason's hopes were reignited! Abigail was looking at him! He sprang to his feet and started waving his arms and calling her name. Of course she was going to see him, he was on the table after all! It didn't even cross his mind that she wouldn't be able to see him. He knew she would. Then she looked away, towards the bottom of her foot she was holding in her hand. She was just piecing it together, that's what it was, Jason thought. She was going to find him and rescue him from this predicament. That's what Abigail would do. Sure enough, her hand started to go down to the table. But it wasn't to pick him up. Her hand smacked palm down on the table right next to Jason, the force causing him to fall over among the other specks of dirt next to him. Then Jason knew the truth. Abigail hadn't seen him, she had seen the dirt, and she wasn't picking him up, she was pushing him off. His theory was confirmed correct when her giant digits went steam rolling towards him. He had no time at all to react before Abigail's giant index finger plowed into him and started rolling him along the table with all of his dirt brethren. Jason looked like the tire of a car with how fast he was spinning in circles from Abigail's fingers. His face was repeatedly mashed between the hard table and her soft fingers multiple times per second, before he and the dirt were unceremoniously ejected from the table, and he began his free fall towards the desert carpet once more.  
 
 
 
 
Jason face planted onto the carpet, back where he had been not that long ago. His hopes were crushed again. Abigail had looked right at him, at least, to him it looked like that. She had started right towards him and saw him as nothing more than dirt, if she had really even seen him at all, and not just the pieces larger than him. He had achieved his goal of getting to higher ground, and it still failed. There was no way, there was just no way he was going to get her attention. The ground trembled again, causing Jason to look up and see Abigail walking back to the kitchen, and a second later she was already there, out of his reach. He didn't know what to do anymore, but he did know one thing. He was tired of the stupid carpet. Jason began trekking towards the tile floor in the kitchen, not even sure what he would do there. It would be night time soon, he figured he would sleep somewhere along the way. 
 
 
 
 
--- 
 
 
 
 
A few hours passed and Abigail was ready to head to sleep. All changed into her pajamas, she went to the living room to switch off the lights there, the headed through the kitchen where she picked herself up a bottle of water. She liked to sleep with one nearby in case she woke up in the middle of the night and was thirsty. With water in hand, she went back to the bedroom and crawled into bed. She liked to do some light reading first, but she would nod off soon enough. The half of the bed next to her was empty. It was normally where Jason slept, but he wasn't here now. She had slept alone before, but it had been awhile. She felt a bit lonely, but it would be okay. Abigail wanted to call him, but with the different time zones, it wouldn't be an opportune time, so she would wait until morning. She read until she felt herself start to fall asleep, then she set her book down, flipped off the light, and went to sleep. 
 
 
 
--- 
 
 
 
It had taken hours for Jason to walk the same distance it had taken Abigail seconds. His biological clock was telling him it was time for bed, but he felt determined to walk another ten minutes or so. But he didn't have ten minutes. The light tremors signaling Abigail walking on the carpet started again, but before Jason could even react the light around him was extinguished. The overheard lights had been shut off and from Jason's current placement and his size he didn't have much light to work with. He could still see, though barely. It wouldn't matter anyway as the tremors increased and he fell over onto his face, once again smacking the carpet. He couldn't even begin to try and pick himself up before an immense weight crashed down onto him. 
 
 
 
Abigail had set the heel of her foot down directly on top of Jason, and crushed him into the carpet. Before, her sole had been soft and had some give, but the heel was hard and dry and offered no such give. The only warmth and softness he felt was the carpet fibers scraping across his face. The weight lifted off of him as he was simultaneously lifted into the air. The rough skin of Abigail's heel had gripped onto Jason and refused to let him go. Jason looked down at the carpet far down below and watched in terror as it transitioned into hard, cold, tile. He screamed a horrid scream as he fell at max speed and full force into the unforgiving tile below.  
 
 
 
 
Compared to the tile, the carpet had felt like a soft, fluffy pillow. There was no give, from either side of him. His back was crushed into the rough skin of Abigail's heel, and his front was being pulverized into the cold hard tile of the kitchen. Tears started to form at Jason's eyes, but he was so compressed beneath Abigail's weight they had nowhere to go. For the first time he found himself wishing he would just be crushed and die beneath her sole. Of course, that didn't happen. It wasn't even over though, and he knew that. If Abigail was going through the kitchen, it was going to take her a lot more than one step. No, he was going to have to go through more of this. He started hoping beyond belief that he would come unstuck from Abigail's heel, but his hopes were dashed when he started rising with her heel as she began to take another step. 
 
 
 
 
Tears streamed from Jason's eyes, landing with tiny splashes on the tile ground below. They formed puddles on the ground that Abigail would never see or even feel. The wind scratched at his face as he fell downward with her step. His face was once again crushed into the terrible tile. Jason could smell, which meant his nose wasn't broken, even though it should have been, and his mouth was all intact, even though it shouldn't have been. He seemed to be truly impervious to damage. He wished he was impervious to pain. He raised once more, and fell once more. It was only the third step, but it was three more than necessary. His mind brought him back once again to the fact that it was Abigail, his girlfriend and the woman he was in love with, who was doing this to him, and she wasn't even aware of the fact. He felt humiliated enough at his situation, but the fact that it was her of all people made it so much worse. When...no, if, he got back to his normal size, how was he going to go about explaining what happened? He would worry about that when the time came, he had more pressing issues to attend to, like the fact that Abigail hadn't lifted her foot for another step yet. 
 
 
 
 
Jason laid flat with his stomach against the tile, it was no longer cold from the heat Abigail's feet were causing around him. Normally he had been pressed down for a split second, but her heel stayed on him for several seconds. Then it got worse. Abigail shifted her weight onto the foot Jason was beneath. It was such a minor movement to her, but to him, he felt it tremendously. Rather than Abigail's weight being distributed between both legs, or the entire weight lasting for a split second, Jason was suffering beneath her entire weight for an extended period of time. The force bearing down on him multiplied and crushed him even deeper. The tile was impenetrable to him, so instead he was pushed deeper into Abigail's sole. He felt his body get stuck more and more into the dirt and grime that adhered to it. After what felt like an eternity, she finally lifted her foot again to take a step. To his pleasure, Jason saw the tile change to carpet beneath him. She was finally stepping down on the soft carpet again! However, as great as the news was, it brought some unfortunate news as well. When Abigail set her foot down, Jason was once again pressed into the carpet, but there was much less force behind it. During her small trip through the kitchen, Jason had become more embedded into Abigail's heel.  
 
 
 
 
Several more steps ensued, more than Jason could keep track of. Not even his mind was getting loopy from the repeated rising and falling and slamming into the ground. He was forced to endure and live through even single agonizing step fully conscious. It was a hell we would never wish on his worst nightmare. But it was heaven compared to the atrocities he would face in the coming days. Eventually Jason's view changed from the beige carpet to that of the wall of his bedroom. He felt himself placed in a vertical position, as if he were standing. But he wasn't standing. He figured Abigail had gotten into bed and was preparing to sleep. Jason took the opportunity to recount what had occurred to him. He shrunk, his girlfriend stepped on him and now he was stuck to her foot while she was about to go to sleep. At least he got to spend the night with his girlfriend....even if it wasn't the way he would want. Abigail shut off the lights and plunged Jason's entire world into pure darkness. He whispered goodnight to Abigail just as he did every night before they went to bed. Abigail did the same. And then they closed their eyes and drifted off to sleep, together. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

End of Chapte 2