- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Abigail's friends come to hang out. Fun for her, not fun for Jason.

Jason stood peeking out from beside Abigail's sneaker towards the door. The proximity to her shoe made him feel safer, less likely to be stepped on once more. It also made him feel extremely insignificant, considering the fact he could pretty easily just slip himself under the sole of her sneaker if he wanted to. He didn't want to. He stared forward at the massively petite pair of black flats standing in the doorway, worn by none other than his younger sister Melissa.   

--- 

Melissa was just a few years younger than Jason, and just about a year younger than Abigail. She's been friends with Abigail for long time and was actually the reason Jason and Abigail met. Melissa and Abigail spent time together pretty regularly, whether Jason was with them or not. She stood about five feet, six inches, a pretty average height. She and Abigail dressed pretty similar, with their jeans, shirts, and overall style. However, while Abigail tended to wear flip-flops, Melissa owned much more pairs of flats. They were best friends through and through, and shared many things in common, one of which was the fact they cared about Jason. 

Melissa greeted Abigail with a nice hug, before taking a few more steps into the apartment. She shut the door behind her with a tiny thud and locked it. Abigail, noticing her shoes were in the way, bent over and swiftly picked them up and carried them back to the bedroom where they'd be out of the way. With the space cleared, Melissa moved and and gently removed her flats in the exact same spot Abigail's sneakers had been. It was a inconsequential action, to her.   

Abigail returned with her phone in hand. Seeing Melissa had reminded her that she wanted to call Jason. She dialed his number and the ringing began, and it kept ringing, and kept ringing. And then after a few more rings it went to voicemail. Abigail left a message for him to call her back. She was worried, because that's who she was. She hadn't heard from Jason in a while and she began to think something bad happened to him. Melissa didn't worry just yet. She had known Jason her entire life and knew he would sometimes forget to call when he said he would and the like. He was most likely fine and would call back soon. It helped calmed Abigail. The two girls chatted some more and began to set a couple of things up for later. 

 

---   

 

Jason traced up the titanic form of Melissa. He thought Abigail had be massive-and she was-but Melissa was even taller. She wasn't even right next to him and he could tell she was even larger. It terrified him. Ever since she was born he was the older one, he was the taller one, and now she was the bigger one. Much bigger. The floor shook as the gigantic women took a couple steps closer to Jason's position. He was safe, he told himself. As long as Abigail's shoes where here, he was safe. The front door was slammed shut with a massive thud that rocked Jason's world. As he went to maintain his balance, the giant sneakers he was hiding behind were lifted up faster than he even thought possible, causing him to fall on his butt and look up in horror of what was happening next. 

Standing directly in front of him was Melissa. He craned his neck as high as possible and was able to make out her face looking down directly at him. He already knew she couldn't see him, and he was right. All she saw was a nice carpet area to place her shoes down. Jason looked straight ahead at the giant black shoes facing him. He was positioned directly inbetween both of them. The tip of the shoes where the toes rest were slightly lifted off the ground, allowing him to see the black sole, worn out slightly from years of use. He didn't have much more time to look as they started moving towards him. 

The one of his left skated across the carpet right past him before lightly tapping the wall. Jason had narrowly avoided being ran over by the colossal shoe, but he still screamed out in terror. They weren't nearly as big as Abigail's sneakers, but they were still large compared to him, and they still smelled. The shoe rocked and Jason looked up at the massive bare foot of Melissa slide right out of it, before slamming down behind the heel. He caught a glimpse of her bare feet and they were just as big as Abigail's, that is, way too big.  

The other shoe glided across the carpet right past him, causing a gust of wind to blow his hair about. Again he watched as Melissa's foot slid out of the shoe and landed behind it. He looked up once more at Melissa, she wasn't even looking down at him anymore. That made her seem even taller, and him even more insignificant. She turned to the side as Abigail entered his vision. He knew Melissa was taller, but from his vantage it was hard to tell. They both just looked tall. What was a few dozen feet of difference when they were both already hundreds of feet tall? He noticed Abigail was on her phone, but he was unable to make out anything that was being said. He got a sinking feeling in his stomach that she was trying to call him. He wanted nothing more than to answer her call, but he couldn't. He screamed up at her, despite knowing she would never hear him. It made him feel better, at least a little bit.  

 

The gigantic women above him vanished from view leaving Jason alone with his sister's black flats. They were placed in a slight V formation, leaving Jason at the point. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he was too small to get past the point, so he had to walk towards the front of the shoes. He hadn't thought of a plan yet, but he wanted to get away from the shoes. As he walked towards the front of the shoes, he noticed all the scuff marks across the side. He also noticed the smell of leather and sweaty feet waft emanate from within the shoe and towards him. It wasn't that bad, but maybe that was because he had gotten accustomed to the smell of feet--albeit involuntarily.   

 

After what felt like miles upon miles of walking, Jason reached the toe section of the shoe. Just as he had seen earlier, it was raised off the ground, enough for him to walk under. Without really thinking about it, he took his first steps beneath the tip. All overhead light was blocked off significantly cutting off the light source beneath the shoe. It was a very surreal experience for him, one he wished he thought more about before going through with it. It felt like a cavern except the floor was carpet and the ceiling was a normal girl's shoe. The scent of rubber began to overwhelm his nose, like the smell of car tires against asphalt. His mind kept reminding him that it was just a shoe. It wasn't helping. He looked up at the sole of the shoe, and with the little light he had saw the worn out treads. It was pretty beat up, but then probably not beat up enough for someone of regular size to notice. As he approached the center, his heart began to beat rapidly, and he realized just how dangerous a position he was in. If, for whatever reason, Melissa put her shoe back on, and stepped down...he was the first thing they would hit. He didn't think she was going to, not at the moment, but his dark position where he couldn't see where she was made him worried. He had no idea what was happening. He really had to start thinking about where he was going and what he was walking near or under, or it would come back and make his life worse. He picked up the pace a bit more, desperate to get out from under the shoe, which only caused his heart to beat more rapidly. Panic set in and he swore he felt tremors getting closer. Jason ran and ran towards the light on the other side, and when he felt close enough he dove out from beneath the shoe, and the light above once more shone down on him. 

 

Abigail and Melissa were on the complete opposite side of the apartment. Jason was fine and was never in any danger. He collapsed to catch his breath and had a nice laugh. It wasn't funny, he was terrified, but laughter was the only thing he could let out. He was afraid. Afraid of his sister doing the mundane task of putting her shoe on. It was funny in the most sad and pathetic way possible. Once he caught his breath, he distanced himself from Melissa's shoe and the wall. The two girls were sitting at the couch, by the table he had been at the day before. Before straying too far, he had to come up with a plan-a good one. Before he could even begin to think of one though, he heard a noise that confused and worried him. There was another knock at the door.  

 

--- 

 

Cynthia Myers stood at the door of Abigail's apartment, waiting to be let in. She had dark, medium length curly hair that was dyed dark green at the tips. She was chewing a piece of gum that had long since lost it's flavor. She would continue to chew it for some time. She was wearing a zip-up jacket that was much too large for her. The sleeves draped past her hands and it went about half-way down her thighs. She wore a pair of grey sweatpants, more for comfort, and less for warmth, and a pair of ratty old chucks. She looked completely disinterested. Cynthia was one of Melissa's best friends. She didn't know Abigail all that well, and was only over because Melissa invited her. Cynthia pretty much went wherever Melissa did. The two of them were the same age, but Cynthia had a much more childish and immature demeanor to her.   

The door opened and Cynthia was greeted by Abigail and Melissa. She walked inside and discarded her shoes right next to Melissa's. She gently flicked one of first, and then the other, not looking or really even caring where they landed. It was whatever, to her. Her feet planted down on the ground behind her shoes. The socks she was wearing were once clean and fresh, but not currently. They weren't that bad though, not yet. Cynthia often went several days wearing the same pair of socks. She couldn't be bothered to just grab a new pair. It didn't really matter to her, they were just socks, it wasn't hurting anybody. After she kicked her shoes off she left her jacket on. It was pretty warm in the apartment, but she wasn't taking the jacket off. Melissa knew why, and Abigail wasn't the kind of person to ask about it. Cynthia went over to the couch to sit with Melissa and they two began chatting.  

---  

The tremors began as Abigail stomped towards the door. Jason had no idea who it could be. Melissa being here seemed normal, but nobody else really showed up. Curious, he ventured farther away from the wall than he should have. The floor rocked from the door opening and from his view Jason saw a pair of black and white chucks. He had no idea who they belonged to, but he soon found out. Within seconds the owner of the shoes appeared above him. He gazed upward at one of the most disinterested faces he had ever seen. The view didn't last long as it was replaced with the sole of her chucks overhead. Jason leapt as far as he could and barely managed to avoid the falling shoe as it landed with a small thud behind him. Knowing that most shoes usually come in pairs, Jason picked himself up and leapt away again and successfully dodged the other shoe, but by less of a margin than before. By the time he had picked himself, the smell had begun assaulting his nostrils. The atrocious scent of sweat was emanating from the shoes and the white socks planted in front of him, forming a miasma of noxious gas that made Jason choke and cough. Even after the massive feet stomped away, the smell remained. Jason was just glad Abigail's feet hadn't smelt like that. He couldn't even imagine what that situation would have been like.  

Jason kept walking past the toxic shoes towards the open space. As he crossed he observed the chucks before him. They were larger than Melissa's flats, and the white parts of the shoes lent themselves to show off the dirt more. Jason stopped looking once he saw a dirt stain on the side larger than him. Jason felt he was in the clear once he got into the empty space besides Cynthia's chucks. Being near shoes may have given him a small chance of being seen, but it held an even larger chance of something worse happening. No, first he would get away from the shoes, then find another way to get help. That plan was cut short as another knock at the door occurred. Jason, knowing that curiosity had nearly had him buried beneath chucks, decided not to look who was at the door, and instead run towards the wall were it was safe.  

---  

Marie Juniper knocked on the door to Abigail's apartment. She was one of Abigail's best friends, and was just a tad bit kooky. She was a rather tall girl, standing at around six feet tall. As if she wasn't tall enough, she often wore wedged heels, adding another couple inches. She wore a long, multi-color, dress going all the way down to her ankles. She lived with her boyfriend quite a ways from Abigail, but the two still regularly spent time together.    

After being greeted at the door, Marie stepped inside and in one step was already standing above the line of shoes against the wall. She bent one of her legs up and slid her heel off and let it drop towards the floor, not caring about the puny life she didn't even know was down there. She dropped the other one without a care how or where it landed, and then went to join the rest of the girls. 

 

--- 

Before Jason could really get anywhere safe, a pair of feet smashed down behind him, and knocked him over. He looked up at who it was and instantly knew from the outfit alone. The first thing he noticed about Marie was how monstrously tall she was. Abigail was a small girl, but at his height even she looked gigantic. But Marie...Jason was finding it hard to even consider someone that tall a human anymore. From his view at the floor her face was nothing but a blur. Jason was too stunned by the sheer magnitude of Marie that he couldn't bring himself to move as her giant shoe appeared hundreds of feet above him. And then it began to fall. Jason screamed as it gained speed, before crashing down a few feet from him, shaking the entire floor around him. Within seconds the other shoe was already falling. It crash landed mere inches next to Jason, rattling his whole world, before falling over on it's side, exposing the sole to Jason. The tremors of Marie walking away subsided as Jason was left between the giant wedged heels of Marie. 

It took several minutes, but Jason finally regained his composure, only to lose it again mere seconds later by realized how miniscule he was compared to Marie's shoes. He looked at the upright heel which seemed to go onward for miles upon miles. From his view at the floor, he couldn't even see the top of the lowest point of the heels, and the highest point, right where the ankles go, was taller than a building to Jason. If Melissa's flats were like a town house, Marie's heels were a freaking mansion. He knew the shoes well. Marie always wore them, and when she did, she was taller than Jason, but just barely. She liked to tease him about it. If only she knew how much bigger she was than him now. He turned his attention to the heel that was laying on it's side. Even the sole of her shoe was massive. He could see every single individual ridge and tread on the sole, most of which he could fit inside of he was crazy and wanted to go in them. He didn't. On the sole he saw some putrid, disgusting gook adhered to the sole. There were small strands of hair jutting out from various directions, and freckles of dirt lodged in the gook. It made him sick just looking at it. He could tell how sticky it was just from view alone. If he got anywhere near it he would get stuck just like those pieces of hair. He was thankful he was a free man. Being beneath Abigail's feet was embarrassing, but being beneath the dirty grimy sole of some girl's shoe would be truly humiliating. He'd take the carpet any day over that.  

Against his better judgment, Jason shimmied his way past the giant shoes and looked off towards the couch, where the four girls were sitting and talking. He was a mere speck on the carpet compared to him, but it didn't change the fact he had to get the attention of at least one of them. He learned from past experience that even if he got stepped on he would be fine. The worst thing that could happen was that they didn't see him. With nothing to lose, Jason began the trek towards the girls, thinking up the best way to get their attention as he walked.   

---  

After spending a long time talking about whatever it was they were talking about, the girls decided it was time for a nice snack. Abigail wandered over to the kitchen and grabbed a bag of chips, which she poured into a bowl, and a small container of dip for them. She brought them back over to the table and, after shooing Marie's resting feet off the table, set the chip and dip down for them all to enjoy.   

---   

Jason spent an extraordinarily large amount of time walking over to where the girls were, but eventually he got there. He found himself near Marie's feet. They smelled, well, not nice, but they didn't smell bad. She clearly washed and maintained them, further supported by the new layer of nail polished that was painted on the nails. He stood beside Marie's feet and couldn't help but realized how absurdly huge even her feet were. He had chosen to go to Marie because Abigail was farther away, and he wanted to get rescued as soon as possible. Melissa had been a choice, but she was sitting next to Cynthia, and Jason wanted to be as far away from the putrid socks as he could. That left Marie.  

One of her feet were dangling high in the air, crossed over her knee and facing away from him. The other foot was planted down on the carpet inches from his miniscule body. He had to kick her, or something. Get her attention. He took a deep breath, and with all the force he had, smashed his foot as hard as he could into hers. Then movement happened. Had he done it? Did he actually get her attention? Jason averted his eyes upwards to see if Marie would look down, but all he saw was the dirt on Marie's other foot getting closer as she lowered to the ground directly on top of him. With a last ditch effort Jason dove, but all he managed to do was have his face smashed into the carpet once more.  

Jason was buried under Marie's foot flesh as she crossed the foot Jason had just kicked over her knee. She hadn't even felt a thing. She started bobbing her dangling foot up and down which put some pressure on her feet down below. It was meaningless to her, but to Jason he felt every ounce of pressure press down on him and grind his face into the carpet. There was a rhythmic nature to the ordeal, which made it a tad bit more bearable because it was consistent. That changed. Marie lifted the front end of her foot up just a bit, and with it came Jason. With the pressure he had been adhered to Marie's foot, albeit lightly. He could get off with relative ease, but he didn't have time. Before Jason could even worry about how he was lifted into the air against his will, he was forcefully brought back down and slammed into the carpet as Marie tapped her foot down. And then in a second it repeated. Jason was lifted and slammed back down. Lifted and slammed. Lifted and slammed. Jason wanted it to end, and he got his wish. Marie lifted her foot up once more, but this time she lifted it all the way up and placed it on the table.   

Jason's view changed from a close up of the carpet to a wide shot of the couch, and on it sat Abigail. Seeing her filled him with hope, and he began wiggling and thrashing about desperately trying to uncling himself from Marie's foot. He managed to loosen himself a bit, and felt like any second he would fall away. Then he'd be on the table, he'd be free, and there would be four girls around him. Through sheer luck his plan had succeeded! Then he saw Abigail get up and walk away. He had no idea where she was going, but he didn't care, he stuck to the plan of getting himself off Marie's foot. he struggled and struggled some more, and finally he felt himself about to fall free. Then he saw Abigail return, this time holding a couple objects. Jason saw her place a bowl of chips and watched as they appeared below him. Marie's foot move and tightened, popping Jason off while he tried desperately to cling back on. But he couldn't. Jason had managed to remove himself from Marie's foot, but ended up in a much worse place. Atop a chip inside a bowl of chips that a bunch of girls were about to devour.   

Jason knew exactly where he was, and he was not happy about it. His plan had backfired immensely, and now he was panicking, looking around for any way out of the bowl. There was none. To make matters worse, he had fallen in one of the tiny ridges of the chip. It was demoralizing to be small enough to be able to lay down on a chip as if it were a bed. He knew he was pretty much indestructible...from falls and being crushed, but Jason had no idea what would happen if one of the monstrous girls actually ate him. He didn't want to find out. Jason had no time to think of an escape route before Marie's giant face appeared above him and the bowl of chips. She was smiling, as if to taunt him further. It was a horrible feeling having someone look down on you, not as a human, but as a mere morsel of food that was only to be used to satiate her hunger. He didn't even have time to scream as Marie's massive digits flew down towards him, ready to grab some food.  

Her fingers barreled past Jason and the chip he was on and threw him off balance, before they returned upward holding a chip larger than Jason's childhood home. In his terror he had forgotten about the fact there were three other girls, and he nearly jumped off the chip when the loud crash of Abigail sticking her hand in the bowl happened behind him. One after another the girls reached in to grab a small snack, none the wiser that they inched ever closer to grabbing the one with a tiny human on it. Jason, despite being hysterically terrified, looked for a way out, and as one of the girls reached in, he found it.  

As Cynthia went to grab a chip, Jason noticed a loose strand of fabric dangling from her jacket. That was his escape. By fortune alone, Cynthia moved her hand towards Jason and as soon as he possible could he reached for it and grabbed on with all his might. He was lifted along with her hand and brought out of the chip bowl. He couldn't believe it! It worked His plan had actually worked for once! It was about time. But, Jason had only thought short-term, and was helpless dangling from the string as Cynthia moved over to the dip. Jason could do nothing as the string and he plopped down into the dip, it's sticky, goopy texture took hold of him, and he was helpless as Cynthia's hand raised once more, this time leaving Jason alone in the dip.  

Jason tried to move, but the thick goop held him in place. He was stuck on his back looking upwards towards the ceiling. He could still move his head slightly back and forth, and used it to observe the dip he was in. He couldn't even see the edges of the bowl. He assumed he was near the middle of it. Just great. Even if he could move there was no way he would get out. He noticed bits of chives or whatever that were scattered around the dip, so even on the miniscule chance someone actually noticed him inside the dip, they would think him nothing more than a garnish that was already in it.  He wanted to remain optimistic, but deep down he knew that he was doomed.   

 

A giant hand holding a chip appeared above Jason and he could only watch as it descended. It crashed into the dip and ran past him, gather up loads of the stuff before it lifted up and out of there, leaving him be. It would only be a matter of time before he was brought up as well. Marie's face appeared above the bowl again, and once more there was a smile on it. Jason hated it, it's like she was enjoying herself torturing him, but the worst of it was she didn't even know she was doing it. Marie lowered her chip directly onto Jason, but she didn't scoop the dip rather, rather she just dunked her chip him. Jason was smashed deep into the dip, before being brought back up along with the chip. He feared the worst but he only got the terrible as Marie dunked her chip back once more, smashing Jason into the dip again, and again. It was like being pushed underwater at the pool repeatedly, except it wasn't water, it was dip. That just made it worse. Marie lifted her chip up for the final time and shoved it into her mouth, but Jason was left down in the bowl.  

His ordeal with Marie's dunking had left in floating upright in the dip in a different location, but all that did was allow him to see the incoming chip land down right in front of him. He could tell from the jacket sleeve that it belong to Cynthia. He could only scream as it began to barrel towards up, picking up loads of dip with it. This was it, there was no escape from this. He was going to get eaten by some girl he didn't really even know. Maybe that was for the best. He continued to scream and closed his eyes, but all that happened was a large snap assaulted his ears. He opened his eyes again to see the chip literally inches in front of him, but the top of it had broken off. A miracle had occurred and saved him from being scooped up. He couldn't help but laugh. Cynthia's fingers returned to grab the leftover chips, and Jason was greeted with the view of her thumb. In the brief instant it was there, he could see the the tiny wrinkles that formed around the finger, he could make out all the individual bits of dirt that were embedded beneath her finger nail. The laughs stopped. His miserable size compared to these women was not a laughing matter. The broken chip soared into the air leaving Jason alone to continue to do all he could do to avoid the hungry girls. All he could do was rely on sheer dumb luck to not get eaten.   

 

---  

 

The four of them were enjoying their snack. They continuously snacked on the chips, and kept dipping them in the dip completely oblivious to the struggling human being inside of it. Abigail, despite having fun with her friends, still have Jason in the back of her mind, concerned about why he never called her. How was she to know that he was currently inside the dip she was eating. She herself had even come centimeters away from scooping him up and eating him. Melissa wasn't worried as much about her brother, but that was because she had no idea he was barely managing to stay alive in the very dip she and her friends were eating. She would never in her right mind assume a human being, let alone her brother, was swimming in dip, so she ate without a care. Cynthia didn't really know Jason aside from the fact he was Melissa's brother, but even she would have felt terrible if she'd known she nearly ate him. She didn't though. To her, it was simply a bowl of dip. Marie always liked to tease Jason, about their height similarities and other such superficial matters, but she did like him and think he was great for Abigail. If she had known the torture she was putting him through, she would have surely felt bad about it. But she wasn't even aware he was down there, so how was she to feel any kind of remorse for it? She kept on smiling and enjoying her time. Jason was elsewhere, somewhere safe. Definitely not right belong their noses desperately trying to get their attention, afterall.  

---  

 

And it worked! For several minutes Jason was able to avoid the hungry girls as they ate their fill. He would have felt proud about himself if he had actually had any part to play in it, but he, at the moment, had no control over his life. There had been some close calls but he was still down in the dip. He had been moved around a bit and was now lying face down in the dip, near one of the edges. It was all over his hair, caught in the fibers, and lodged into all the orifices on his face, but at least it tasted good. That was the one thing he had going for him right now. Tasty dip. It had been silent in the bowl for several minutes so Jason assumed the girls were done and he was free to struggle and make his escape. He wiggled and shimmied and did everything he could to get closer to the edge, inch by inch. It was a slow process, but he was making some progress. But not enough.  

Unbeknownst to Jason, Melissa had picked up another chip and scooped up some dip. Jason's luck had run out, and he was carried along with the chip as well. It all happened in a second, faster than he could even process. Because of the sticky nature of the dip, part of it hung off the chip, and Jason was on that part. He saw the carpet floor miles below him as he was raised higher and higher. Jason looked ahead and was greeted to one of the most terrifying sights he'd ever seen: Melissa's maw staring him down. Melissa spoke to the others, claiming she was still hungry, shrugging off her last chip. Her moist humid breath washed over Jason and sent a terrible chill down his spine. It smelled of dip, but that was all Jason could smell anyway, considering the globs of dip lodged in his nostrils.   

Jason just screamed. he couldn't believe this was happening. Just a couple seconds ago he was down below almost free from the dip, now he was facing Melissa's mouth as she prepared to devour him. He looked up at her massive face but wasn't able to make out much from his distance. He was right under her nose but he might as well have no existed. She was never going to see him. Then her mouth opened. The lips parted and Jason caught a quick glimpse of her shiny white teeth. She had always taken good care of them. Strands of saliva hung from top to bottom, but broke as soon as her mouth opened wide enough. Bits of mashed up chip were stuck to her teeth. Jason would be joining them soon. And in the back of her awaiting maw he saw the dark abyss that he would be at soon, if her teeth didn't destroy him first. Being crushed by feet was one thing, but even he didn't think his body could survive being smashed by a pair of molars. He whimpered in terror as her breath floated around him again. He began to move ever closer to the maw as Melissa simply wanted to eat her chip, having no idea she was also about to ingest her own brother. Jason was so thoroughly terrified that he didn't even notice the effects of gravity pulling him and the overhanging dip downwards.  

As Jason drew knew gravity took full effect and he and the small bit of dip fell apart from the chip and plummeted towards the carpet ground below. With a small splash Jason fell onto his back still coated in the sticky goop. He watched up above as Melissa shoved the chip into her mouth and began to chew. He was saved. At least saved from being eaten, as soon after the sky was filled with that of Melissa's big toe, as it smashed down on top of Jason and the dip.  

 --- 

  Melissa had just enjoyed one last chip as she stepped down onto something sticky. She lifted her foot and saw a tiny glob of dip on the floor. Some of it had stuck to her toe as well. She apologized to Abigail for spilling it, then grabbed a napkin and cleaned what she could of the dip on the floor, then wiped off her toe and tossed the napkin away. She returned to her seat and the girls had a fun rest of the evening, until they all went home, leaving Abigail all by herself, worrying about what Jason was doing.  

 ---  

 

 Melissa's toe slammed into Jason and pushed him deeper into the carpet. The force dislodged the dip from his nostrils and caused him to now start smelling her feet. It wasn't as good as the dip. The light above returned as Melissa moved her toe aside. Through the carpet fibers he saw her looking down right at him, though he knew she didn't see him. He view was changed to that of brown as a large napkin came down and pressed onto him. Rather than cleaning him  up though, the napkin only pressed him and some dip further into the catacombs of the carpet. The napkin rose up and Jason found it hard to see anything through the large carpet fibers that he was now below. The tremors of Melissa walking her now magnified to him and shook to to the core. Melissa appeared overhead again and from deeper in the carpet she appeared even larger to Jason. The little light that flowed through the carpet was blocked off as Melissa set her massive foot overtop of Jason. She had thought she had cleaned up all of the dip she dropped, but there was a small amount she had pushed farther into the carpet. She had no idea that in that small amount was her brother as well. He was too far down to be reached, but now it was pitch black for him. The scent of her foot wafted downwards to him and assaulted his nostrils. He tried to move but between the carpet fibers and the dip he was unable to. Soon the dip would dry out and harden, making even the smallest twitch an impossible movement for Jason. He had avoided getting eaten, but now he was in the pitch black depths of the carpet, beneath his sister's foot, and completely immobilized, not even able to scratch the itch he had on his nose.  

 

 He was honestly starting to wish he had just gotten eaten.   

Chapter End Notes:

End of Chapter 4.