- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

In this Chapter Wendy meets a cute boy.

Wendy held out her palm out like a bed for her father to rest on. Mike was totally exhausted from that embarrassing ordeal he could barely move.

“Sorry Wendy, I’m old I need a second to rest.”

Wendy rolled her eyes and waited there impatiently, Wendy didn’t mind letting her daddy rest, but she also was just so bored standing there holding him and not doing anything. The hyperactive teenager needed constant action, so she stood there fidgeting. She looked across the beach lazily. That’s when she spotted the most gorgeous man she had ever seen in her life. He is 6’4’, with a killer tan, he has blond hair and he wears the red swim trunks of a lifeguard. He looks at her and gives her a smile from across the beach. Wendy visibly swoons.

She smiles back and waves at him from across the beach, her teenage hormones are racing now, she feels intoxicated just looking at the boy. He motions for her to come over to him. She waves her hair and is about to go to him when she looks down and remembers she’s letting her tiny Daddy rest in her hand.

“Well, he can rest anywhere” Thinks Wendy, and she closes her fist around my Mike completely locking him into a small fist sized prison.

Mike is resting peacefully when suddenly, the walls close in, he opens his eyes and looks around the dark space he begins to panic a little bit. The light peaking in from the small gaps in her fingers lets Mike make out the inside of Wendy’s fist. Mike tries not to panic too much, after all he is still in his daughter’s grip. The last hour and a half has made him certain that his daughter would never let anything bad happen to him. He squirms around a bit to get more space.

Wendy walks across the beach her fist at her side, the handsome lifeguard greets her as she approaches.

“Hey there, I just wanted to let you know that if you need me for anything just let me know.”

“Wow, th-thanks you’re so nice.” Says Wendy holding her fist with her left hand nervously.

“What’s your name?” says the lifeguard.

“It’s Wendy.”

“Wow, what a gorgeous name, almost as gorgeous as the girl who it belongs to.” He says flashing a bright white smile.

Wendy giggles delighted by this answer. “Hehe thank you! What’s your name big guy?”

“My name is Guy nice to meet you.”

“Oh my! That’s such a manly name. Almost as manly as the Guy it belongs to.” She says smiling proud of her own joke lodged within his line.

Mike listens to this conversation going right outside the fist, he becomes furious with this boy flirting with his daughter right in front of him. He gets mad at Wendy for flirting with a boy while she’s on a family vacation. Intellectually Mike knows this is harmless, but emotionally Mike overreacts. He starts squirming furiously testing the limits of his daughter’s finger strength. Of course, Wendy isn’t really clutching her fist as much as she can, she’s barely conscious of this prisoner revolt because all of her attention is locked on Guy and his gorgeous face.

“Haha, Wow! Cute and a Comedian! You must have a boyfriend!” said Guy very subtly mining for information.

“N-No I don’t have a boyfriend.” Says Wendy Shyly looking at her feet.

“Really, well maybe we could go out sometime just you and me.” Says Guy slathering on the charm like Paula Dean slathering on butter.

Mike digs deep into reserves of strength using his paternal over protectiveness to force his way out of her fist. His head and shoulders pop out from between her pointer finger and ring finger. He looks up at the two teenagers held at waist height. The two teenagers towering over him like mountains, generally Mike would have been terrified to yell at two giants having a conversation, but he is fueled by adrenaline and paternal anger that comes when a father sees his little girl with a teenage boy.

“Hey! Buddy! What the hell do you think you’re doing with my daughter?” Yells Mike the anger in his voice is like daggers.

The two giant teenagers are surprised to hear the voice a tiny third person, they both look down at Wendy’s hand to see the tiny head and shoulders of Mike pushing out of Wendy’s fist. Wendy is mortified and Guy is taken aback. Wendy quickly raises her fist up to mouth level.

“Dad! What are you doing?! Go back in my fist!” Wendy says upset.

“Absolutely not young lady! You are NOT going to flirt with boys during OUR family vacation now march yourself back to the umbrella

“Dad! You’re embarrassing me!” says Wendy angrily, she uses her finger to try and force his tiny head back into the clutches of her fist where she can keep him under control. At first Mike manages to keep his head outside actively fighting against her efforts. Guy is still too flabbergasted to even respond to this scene.

“You stop that right now, I am ordering to keep my head out of your fist!” says Mike sternly.

“I-is that your Dad?” says Guy, still trying to keep up with what is going on, he has now began blushing actually really embarrassed at flirting with a girl right in front of her dad.

“Y-yeah this is my Dad, he’s tiny.” Says Wendy, still struggling to push her dad’s tiny head back down.

“Young Lady, you better not! I am ordering-“Mike starts to say something but is forced back into Wendy’s fist at that moment. She then holds her right fist with her left hand, the tiny person inside struggling widly to break back out again, her dainty hand is bouncing around as she can barely contain him within.

“Anyway what were you saying? You want to go out sometime?” says Wendy with a bright red face.

“Uhh, listen maybe we should do this another time, you are very nice but all this has kinda weirded me out.” Says Guy clearly uncomfortable “See you around.” He turns around to walk away.

“Wait Guy!” Says Wendy chasing after him. “At least take my number!” She rights her phone number on his fist.

“Thanks.” He says and walks away.

As soon as the boy leaves Wendy opens her fist and stares at her father standing in her palm, her eyebrows furrowed in white rage, her eye balls bulging out of her skull she is furious with him.

“Oh my god Dad! What the Hell! You just ruined my life!” Wendy barks down at him.

 “Me? You are not supposed to be talking with boys on this trip in the first place young lady! So don’t start saying that I ruined your life, your mom and I were the ones who brought you on this vacation in the first place!” Mike retorts.

 “Ahhhhh! You are impossible! You can’t always want to dictate everything that I do and I’m tired of it! I hate you, you tiny shrimp!” Wendy yells.

 Her words physically knock Mike on his back, he can’t believe that his beloved daughter hates him, it the worst feeling in the world. It doesn’t help that she’s a hundred times bigger than him either, her size seems to amplify everything. When she says she loves him, it feels like he is wrapped in her warm glow, but when she tells him she hates him, it feels like he’s being smothered in her cold animosity.

“Well, that’s too bad, I don’t care if you hate me!” Mike lies. Sometimes being a parent means doing things that make your children hate you. “I’m not here to be your friend I’m here to be your dad! So hate me all you want.”

“Ok, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, I HATE YOU!” She turns over her palm and unceremoniously dumps Mike on the ground.

Mike screams as he falls, for a moment he thinks this might be the end, falling to his death after his daughter tells him how much she hates him. He hits closes his eyes and waits for it to end as he tumbles to the ground almost three feet below. He hits the soft sand with a thud. He lays there still waiting to die but his death never comes. He opens his eyes and checks his body, everything seems to be in working order except for the pain flowing through his body like the ocean waves, it still doesn’t hurt as much as his heart does after Wendy told him she hated him.

Mike isn’t totally sure how he survived that, maybe the sand cushioned his fall, maybe at this size gravity isn’t as harsh, maybe at this size his body is much closer together and therefore much more durable. Whatever it is he knows he doesn’t want to test the limits of this astoundingly lucky situation.

He watches as his titanic daughter turns away from him and starts to walk away, The Mike knows that if she gets away he’ll never catch up to her again. So lickety-split Mike jumps up ignoring the incredible pain he’s in and jumps onto the back of her heel right as it lifts off the ground to walk away. Mike hitches a ride on the heel of his daughter like a tick.

 

Chapter End Notes:

How will Mike ever get his daughter to stop hating him for what he did? How will they reconcile? Will their bond be permanently broken?