- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's chapter 2. Unlike my other stories, I have a few chapters of this already written ahead of time. I'm going to try to stay at least one chapter ahead of what I post. We'll see how this plan goes. The next chapter will be up in a couple days. Please leave a comment or review. I really wanna know what you guys think of the story.

Behind The Mask: Chapter 2

Will awoke the next morning feeling groggy and confused. He was on his couch and only wearing a wrinkled dress shirt, boxers, and socks. 

" What the hell happened last night? " he wondered. 

" Morning, sleepy head. " a voice said to his right. 

He looked over to find an exotically beautiful girl sitting at his kitchen table. Upon seeing her, some of the previous nights events came back to him. Specifically, everything he did to her feet last night. Maize probably saw him visibly pale when he remembered. 

" Morning... " he quietly replied. 

On the inside, he was freaking out. The thing he feared most had happened. Someone knew about his foot fetish. He felt like throwing up and wasn't sure if it was his secret being blown or all the drinks last night. 

" Are you alright? " Maize asked, walking over to him. 

" Yeah. I'm fine. Just a little hungover. " he lied. 

Weirdly, he didn't feel the usual effects of a hangover. He felt surprisingly good actually. 

" If this is about last night, don't worry. You're not the first guy I've met who has a foot fetish. Your secret's safe with me. " 

Will gave her an uncertain look. 

" Come on, Will. Who would I even tell? We just met last night. I don't know any of your friends. I wouldn't want to tell them anyways. " 

She sat down next to him on the couch. 

" Sorry. You're kind of the first person who knows... " 

" Ah, I see. If it makes you feel better, I really enjoyed last night. Definitely the best foot massage I've ever had. Thank you. " 

" You're welcome. " he said, turning slightly red. 

" Well, I should probably get going. If you ever want to do this again, here's my number. " Maize said, handing him a folded piece of paper. 

Will took it, only giving her a small smile and a nod in response. She got up, grabbed her purse, and opened the door. 

" It was nice meeting you, Will. See you around. " 

" Bye. " he said, raising a hand. 

He found his pants from the previous day on the floor and dug his phone out of the pocket. Looking at the time, he discovered he still had an hour and a half before he needed to go to work. He decided to take a shower first thing and took off his shirt. He threw it into his laundry basket, then unfolded the paper Maize gave him. It did have her number and her name written in loopy handwriting with a little heart drawn under it. 

Will didn't know what to think of the strange girl. Like it or not, she knew his secret. She did let him mess around with her feet and said she wouldn't tell anybody. He didn't have any reason not to believe her. The fact that she knew his secret still made him anxious though. Maize could tear off his mask for all the world to see who he really was. He folded the paper back up and put it in one his computer desk's drawers. He needed to get ready for work. 

.:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:.

Will sat in his cubicle, doing his daily duties on the computer. His mind was somewhere else entirely though and he was working slowly because of it. He couldn't stop thinking about the night before and Maize. A small part of him still didn't believe that a girl actually let him play with her feet. It seemed too good to be true. Not to mention the fact that she was willing to do it again. 

" Hey, Peterson. Are you daydreaming? " a familiar voice suddenly said from behind. 

Will stopped himself from letting out an annoyed groan. 

" No, Francis. I'm working. " he said, turning his chair around to face the person. 

Francis Schneider was Will's boss. He was only a couple positions higher than him in the company and pretty low on the food chain. In fact, in a few years Will could probably take his job if he played his cards right. Because of that and his inferiority complex, he had made it his goal to make Will's life suck any way he could. Francis was a shorter man with balding black hair and a large nose. 

" I've told you before! It's Mr. Schneider. " 

" Sorry, Mr. Schneider. " he replied without meaning it. 

" Anyways, " he began, straightening his ugly tie " , that report you did last night wasn't terrible. I may have you stay late more often. " 

Will bit back a snarky response. 

" Whatever you say, Mr. Schneider. " 

" Good. Back to work! " Francis said, walking away. 

He mumbled some choice words under his breath before turning back to his computer. After working for about fifteen more minutes, he got a message on his phone. It was from Rebecca. 

" Hey. You wanna get some lunch at the diner? " 

He checked the time and his lunch break was coming up soon. 

" Yeah, sure. I'll meet you there. " he replied. 

" Ok! See ya in a bit :) " 

Will continued to work for a few minutes before logging off his computer and gathering his things. 

.:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:. .:.

Claudia's Diner was a restaurant Will and Rebecca often went to for lunch. It wasn't far from either of their workplaces and the food was good. Plus, whenever they went the place was never very busy. He pulled into a parking spot and got out of his car. He immediately spotted Rebecca's car also in the lot. 

He climbed the small concrete staircase to the entrance and went inside. Claudia's was an average looking diner. Multiple booths with red seat cushions. A long, polished counter with seats in front of it. There was even a jukebox in the corner. Will looked around until he saw Rebecca sitting in one of the booths. 

" Hey, Becca. " he said, sliding into the booth across from her. 

" Oh, hey! " she replied, looking up from her phone. 

Rebecca was quite the beautiful girl. She had somewhat pale white skin and long brunette hair. Her eyes were a light blue color. She was kind of on the tall side for a girl, standing at five foot eight. Today, she was wearing a burgundy blouse with short sleeves. He couldn't see the rest of her outfit because she was sitting down, but he assumed she was wearing a skirt and closed toe heels as she usually did for work. He also knew she was a shoe size 10 with wide feet. 

" So, how have you been? Rebecca asked, putting her phone away. 

" I'm alright. Kinda tired from working late last night. What about you? " 

He definitely wasn't going to mention Maize to her. That could lead to all kinds of trouble. 

" I'm good. Did you get a chance to watch the new Game of Thrones yet? " 

" Nope, so don't spoil it. " 

" Come on. You know I would never do that. " 

" Uh huh. Sure. " 

Rebecca laughed as a waitress walked up to their table. 

" Can I take your order? " she asked, happily. 

Will ordered a burger with fries and Rebecca ordered a salad. 

" Coming right up. " 

Will's mind drifted back to Maize after the waitress left. What was he going to do about this situation? Should he just pretend it never happened and avoid her or explore it further? She was the first girl to ever let him do that and her feet were quite sexy. Maize even offered to do it again sometime. Could he really turn down an opportunity like that? 

" Will? Hello? " Rebecca said, waving a hand in front of his face. 

He started from his train of thought being interrupted. 

" Sorry. What were you saying? " 

" I asked how work was going. What were you thinking about? You had this weird look on your face I've never seen before. " 

" I was uh... thinking about work actually. Francis told me I might be working late more often. " he lied. 

Rebecca didn't look entirely convinced, that's what happens when you know someone for so long, but she didn't pursue it. 

" That guy's such an ass. I hope he gets some karma for all the crap he does. " 

" Seriously. " 

The two of them continued to talk crap about Francis until their food came and then made small talk. They split the bill when they were done and walked out to the parking lot. 

" Are you sure you're okay? You seem distracted. " Rebecca asked, putting a hand on his shoulder. 

" Yeah. I'll talk to you later, alright? " Will said, giving her a quick hug. 

" Alright. Bye. " 

Rebecca walked to her car, glancing back at him with a concerned look. He felt bad for hiding something from her, but he couldn't risk her finding out about Maize. He wasn't ready for her to learn about his secret yet. Will had finally decided what he was going to do about Maize though. Tomorrow, he would message her and ask if she wanted to see him again. If she did, he would see how things went from there. He took a deep breath and went to his car.