- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey. Apologies for the long wait between the last chapter and this one. This chapter was actually done awhile ago, but I didn't post it so I could stick to the plan and stay one chapter ahead. I now realize that is only making you guys wait even longer for new chapters. The plan is going out the window. I'm going back to the old method of posting chapters shortly after they're finished. Chapter 7 is already more than halfway done. Moving on, we get to see more of Rebecca this time around. Hope you enjoy!
Behind The Mask: Chapter 6

Will got to Rebecca's about fiften minutes later. She lived surprisingly close to Maize. It made him wonder how many times he had crossed paths with Maize before meeting her. At the front entrance to Rebecca's building, he hit the buzzer for her apartment.

" Who is it? " her staticky voice asked from the box.

" It's Will. Did I get here fast enough for you? " he joked.

" I guess so. Come on up. " she said, hitting the button to let him in.

He could tell just by listening that she was smiling while she said it. Opening the glass door, Will immediately went to the stairs. Rebecca only lived on the building's second floor. In no time flat he was at her door knocking. Rebecca answered the door seconds after he knocked.

" Hey. " he said with a grin.

" Hey yourself. I feel like I haven't really talked to you in forever. " she replied, sounding somewhat upset.

" Sorry about that. I've been busy. I'm here now though, right? "

" Okay. You're forgiven. "

She stepped closer and gave him a short hug.

" Come on. "

He followed her into the apartment. Rebecca's place was nicer than his own by far, but not quite as nice as Maize's. Upon entering, you walked into the main room of her apartment which served as a living room. The kitchen was also in this main room, but was walled off into its own small area. Directly to the left of the front door was the TV sitting on top of a small entertainment center.

In front of the TV was a beat up, old coffee table complete with water rings and a brown couch. Rebecca had bought the crappy table for a super cheap price when she first moved in and never upgraded. She tried to make it look nice by placing a flower vase on it. Will was convinced the thing would fall apart any day now. She didn't even have a dinner table because she usually ate on the couch with her feet up on the aforementioned coffee table.

Her computer desk was up against the far wall behind the couch. There were also multiple pictures hung up on the walls. One of them hanging above the computer desk was Will and her at college graduation. Lastly, Rebecca's bedroom and the bathroom were located off to the right side of the main room. Each of them had their own door. Will rarely ever went into Rebecca's bedroom.

" Hope I didn't interrupt anything important when I texted you. " she said, closing and locking the front door. She obsessed about locking it.

Will's mind wandered back to when Maize had almost given him a toe job to completion.

" Um... No. Nothing important. " he answered, not looking her directly in the eye.

Rebecca was wearing a dark blue t-shirt with their college football teams logo on the front and gray sweatpants. His eyes darted down to her feet which were, of course, bare.

" Ah crap. " Will thought, looking away before she caught him staring.

" So what have you been doing on your days off? " Rebecca asked, taking a seat on the couch.

" Chores mostly. Grocery shopping, laundry, all that boring stuff. " he lied.

He took his shoes off by the front door and joined her on the couch.

" Same for me. "

Both of them were dancing around the real question she wanted to ask him. There was no way she didn't notice he had been acting weird for awhile now. Before he even met Maize, the possibility of seeing her feet made him scared to come over. Rebecca was a fairly straight forward person, sooner or later she would ask. She suddenly grabbed the remote and muted her TV.

" Alright, Will. I'm just gonna say it. You've been acting pretty strange lately. What's wrong? Did I do something? "

There it was. Now Will had to come up with an answer that wouldn't leave her suspicious and not make her worry too much.

" What? No. Of course not, Becca. If it had anything to do with you, I'd say so. You know that. "

" So what IS wrong then? "

He looked at the floor, trying to buy himself some time to think and stealing another glance at her lovely feet.

" I don't know... I guess I've been stressed out with work lately and kinda down because of it. I haven't felt like hanging out or talking to people. It's not just you. I've been avoiding other people too. " he explained, trying to sound as sincere as possible.

" This is because of that prick Schneider. He's been working you like a mule for weeks. I think you should go over his head and complain. " Rebecca said, angrily throwing the remote down.

She appeared to have bought his story. It wasn't even a total lie. Schneider's requests at work were becoming more and more ridiculous. Telling her a half lie still didn't feel great. If everything went according to Maize's plan, he would tell her the truth later.

" No. That'd make things even worse probably. I'll figure out a way to deal with him... I'm sorry. I should've told you what was going on sooner. " he replied, slumping back into the couch cushions.

Rebecca put her hand on his knee.

" Will, you can tell me anything. No matter what it is. I'll be there for you. "

Will's heart soared to hear her say it. He knew she truly meant it too, but he also doubted she would be so understanding about a foot fetish.

" I know. I really appreciate that. "

He gave her hand a comforting pat before she moved it away.

" Now that I actually have you here, how 'bout we get caught up on Thrones? New episode is tonight, which means spoilers will be all over the place tomorrow. " she asked, standing.

" Sure. That sounds great. "

" You hungry? I was gonna order some Chinese food. My treat. "

" I'd take some broccoli beef and fried rice. "

" Coming right up. " Rebecca said, taking out her phone.

Within thirty minutes both of them were seated in front of the TV, eating from styrofoam containers. That is how they spent the next few hours. They chatted a bit between episodes and during commercials. For the most part, Will didn't pay close attention to what they were watching. His mind was focused on other things like how Rebecca was going to react when he finally told her the truth.

He assumed she wouldn't freak out on the spot, at least not while he was watching. In fact, the worst case scenario was probably that she would pretend everything was okay when it wasn't. She might say she didn't have a problem with it when she was actually creeped out. He didn't want her to lie just to protect his feelings. She should be just as honest as he was going to be. An even worse scenario popped into his head. What if the foot fetish wasn't the problem? What if she didn't feel the same way he did? It was a possibility he hadn't thought of. He was fairly certain she liked him too. There were so many subtle hints.

" I gotta stop thinking negatively. I'll worry about all that when the time comes. " he thought, shaking his head.

Taking a look over at Rebecca, he saw that she appeared to be moments away from falling asleep. Her head was leaned back on top of the couch cushion and her eyes were struggling to stay open. His phone told him it was almost 8 PM. Hours had flown by as they watched TV. He couldn't blame her for starting to doze off. Both of them had work early in the morning. Rebecca suddenly changed her position. She laid her head down on the armrest and brought her legs up onto the couch.

" Sorry. I'm so tired. You can... let yourself out. " she said, drifting.

Will let out a small laugh at her slurred words.

" Alright. " he replied, doubting she was still awake to hear him.

He figured he should head home to get some sleep too. As he prepared to get up, something he saw out of the corner of his eye made him freeze in place. Rebecca's feet were sitting right next to him. The two size 10s were laying on their side, the left one closer to him than the right. He knew they were size 10 because he had snuck a peek inside one of her shoes while she was in the bathroom once. Will gulped nervously and tried to scoot as far away from her feet as possible. The left foot twitched in response to the movement. The soles of her feet were slightly dirty from the day and her toes were painted a dark red color. Will could already feel himself becoming aroused.

" No, no, no. This is not happening. Not tonight. " he scolded himself.

Despite his best efforts, Will's eyes were glued to Rebecca's feet. Deviant thoughts were creeping into his head. Just one quick touch couldn't hurt, right? Rebecca was a heavy sleeper, she might not even notice. Almost subconsciously, he began to reach out for her foot. He was mere inches away from the twin objects of his affection.

At the last second he snapped his hand away and stood up. Will couldn't let himself do it. Not after Maize had just come up with a plan earlier that day. He needed to leave immediately before his mask was torn off. Rebecca looked to be out cold luckily. Hopefully he would be able to tell her everything soon. He grabbed a blanket that was folded up on top of the couch for occasions like this. He gently draped it over the sleeping Rebecca.

" Good night, Becca. " he whispered.

He left her apartment, making sure the door was locked behind him. His half erect member caused him to walk awkwardly through the hall. As he was going down the stairs, a new thought formed in his mind. There was one more stop he wanted to make...
Chapter End Notes:
Please leave a comment or review.