- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry so late gettin this chapter up. I've been busy, plus I've rewritten this chapter a couple of times already. Anyway, I hope you like.

 


        So sit by my side, come as close as the air,
        Share in a memory of gray, and wander in my words,
        and dream about the pictures that I play of changes.

        --- Phil Ochs

----- Sunday

Changes. The only thing constant is that nothing is constant. In half a year my life has totally changed. I'm still the same though, right? I mean other than size. Julie's still the same. Other than size. She still has the same laugh. It reminds me of her when she was smaller. Yet, that seems like a lifetime ago. Even though it's the same Julie. I wonder how different my new friends were before the virus.

In a way I think I have it easy compared to them. I've always been small. Some of them were regular size but now, we're all little. I don't know how or when all the shrinking will stop. None of us do, not even the doctors and scientists. But we know that we have to stay healthy or the virus will take its toll.

Inside, despite our size changes, I know we are still the same people we've always been. Perhaps shaped by our experiences, but at our core, still the same. The human race is still the same -- still loving, still fighting. And still dying.

It's a fact of life. But knowing that is no consolation when it is someone you love who has died -- someone who has given you life; someone who has cared for you, and loved you since before the very first day you were alive.

We all knew Cindy was going through a rough time. I'm happy we were able to spend time with her during this moment in her life. I like to think we were helping however I don't know if anyone can help someone in such a position. But our hearts are in the right place. Cindy's the type of girl you want to adopt as your own and to care for her like her mother did. I sensed this attitude especially in Julie.

Just like me, Cindy has become close to Julie. I could tell that they had a good time last night; I heard it. I think they heard Sue and I too. Oh, alright, I know they heard Sue and I. Who didn't?

"Sam. Sam. Get up."

"Huh? What is it, Sue? Was I dreaming again?"

"I don't know. Were you?"

"I can't remember. Why did you get me up? It's still dark outside."

"I think I hear Cindy down in the kitchen."

"So?"

"I heard her crying, Sam."

"Alright. Let's get up."

"You don't think she wants to be alone?"

"Then why did you get me up?"

"I didn't know what to do."

"We should go see her."

"Ok, if you think so."

I figured if Cindy didn't want to be alone she'd tell us. But we had to go see if we could do. So, we went to the kitchen to see her.

"Hey, Cindy. Want some company?"

"Oh hi. Did I wake you?"

"It's no problem, right, Sue?"

"Yeah, it's cool.", Sue said.

"How about some tea?"

"I could use some."

"What about you, Sue?"

"Sure, why not? I'll have a cup. Just for you, Cindy."

"Good.", I said, "I'll use the big tea kettle. Let me get a chair."

"You haven't gotten that stool yet, Sam?", Cindy asked.

"No, haven't gotten around to it."

"Hey, Sam. What if I get on your shoulders again?"

"Ok, hop on, Sue."

Cindy laughed at us. She wasn't crying anymore so that was good. I couldn't be mad at her for laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"You guys. With Sue up on your shoulders."

"You want up?"

"No. You guys are doing such a good job like that, and I wouldn't want to spoil the fun."

"You couldn't reach anyway.", Sue said, sticking her tongue out at Cindy.

"Ha, ha. You're not that much taller than me."

"But I am taller."

"Yeah, so woop dee doo. I can too reach the cabinet if I were on Sam's shoulders."

"Well then get up here and lets see."

"Ok, girls; that's enough bickering. No fighting in this house.", I said. The ribbing they were giving each other was all good natured and it was good that Cindy's mind was off her mother. I was just playing along.

"Why, Sam? Wouldn't you like to see a cat fight?"

"No, Sue. Besides, we'll wake everyone else up."

"You two woke everyone up last night.", Cindy said.

"You should talk. What were you screaming about, Cindy?"

"Me? You were screaming the loudest."

"I don't scream."

"I heard you."

"You heard Sue. I howl."

"So, what did Sam do to you to make you yell so much, Sue?"

"Why, whatever are you talking about?", Sue said, blushing.

"Like, you don't know what I'm talking about."

"It could have been Gail that was making all the noise."

"Then why would she be yelling, 'Oh, harder, Sam.'? Huh?"

"Maybe, her and Jill were, um, role playing?"

"Role playing? Sure they were, Sue."

"It could happen."

"You tell me then, Sam. What were you two doing?"

I was pretty sure Sue didn't want to tell all. "Nothing.", I said. "Just, I don't know. We did it doggy style. You know, from behind."

"Really? Sue's never screamed like that before."

"We've never done it doggy style before, Cindy."

"Just because Sam took you from behind?"

"He gives good head too.", Sue said.

"I know; I've experienced it. You're not going to tell me, are you?"

"Cindy", I said, "We didn't do anything you and I haven't done before."

"You two did something special last night. I know it."

The water boiled; saved by the whistle. I got up to grab the cups and tea bags. I usually have it all set up by the time the water is ready but we were talking too much.

"Let me get the tea ready, guys."

"You're not getting out of it that easy, Sam."

"Then just hold that thought."

I got everything ready, poured the water then put the cups out on the table.

"Sam.", Cindy said. "What if I got naked? Would you tell me then?"

"I've seen you nude plenty. You think that's going to get me to talk?"

"Don't you want to have naked tea with me?"

"You're reminiscing about your mom, aren't you?"

The mood got a little more somber.

"I guess.", Cindy sighed.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

"It's ok. Thanks to you and everyone else I don't feel too depressed. I am grateful, you know."

"Oh, honey", Sue said, "we're here for you if you need us. We just want you to feel better."

"You all are such good friends. The best friends I've ever had. You're like my family now."

"I feel the same way about you Cindy.", Sue said.

"And me too.", I repeated for good measure.

"All the people I used to know don't like me anymore since I've caught the virus.", Sue was saying. "And you know what? I think all of my new little friends are the best."

"Especially you two.", Cindy said, "I wish I knew what you were both doing last night."

"I told you: it wasn't anything we haven't done, Cindy. And what about you and Julie?"

"Julie?", she said. "I love her. I hope you're not jealous."

"How could I be jealous? I love both of you."

Cindy smiled. "And what about Sue?"

"I love her too."

"You do, Sam?"

"Of course, Sue. You can't think I don't after the things we've shared."

"Well, that means four times as much luvin', huh?"

"What do you mean?"

"Cindy and me -- that's two. And Julie is twice as big as either of us, so that's two more. Four times as much."

"Well, technically you're wrong."

"I am?"

"Sure. When you talk about how much someone is, you're talking about mass, right?"

"Uh, mass?"

"Like weight. How many pounds you are."

"I guess so. Yeah."

"Sure. Now assuming we are all the same density which you have to agree is a reasonable assumption; I mean we are all made of over ninety percent water, ok?"

"Okaaay."

"So, if we are all the same density, which you just agreed is a reasonable assumption, then talking about how much someone is, is the same as talking about their volume."

They both had stupefied looks on their faces. I continued.

"And so volume is height times width times depth, right?"

"Yeah.", they both agreed.

"So, if Julie is twice as tall she is also twice as wide."

"Ok, that sounds about right."

"And twice as deep."

"I never really noticed."

"Well, she would look pretty flat if she wasn't twice as deep, right?"

"I guess so."

"So that means, being twice as tall and twice as wide and twice as deep, that her volume is two times two time two, or eight times the volume of either of us, assuming each of our volumes are comparable to each other which I would think you would have to agree that they are."

More stupefied looks.

"Which means eight times the mass."

"So?"

"So, that's eight times as much luvin'. Plus you two added in will make it ten times as much luvin'."

"Sam.", Sue said.

"What?"

"You're such a geek."

"And proud of it."

"I wonder what it feels like to be eight times as big.", Cindy said.

"I doubt it feels any different. But everything else would seem smaller."

"Do you think Julie sees us like kids, Sam?"

"You're asking me? Maybe Sue has a clue. She's the bigger one."

"When I was bigger", Sue said, "I remember kids at half my height. I think I would have treated anyone our size like kids."

"The kids I deal with I have to look up to.", Cindy said, with a sad look on her face.

"Gee, Cindy.", I said. "It must be hard to do that every day. Every day you're reminded how small you are."

"I want to quit.", she said.

"Oh, don't say that.", Sue told her. "I'm sure it must be fun getting to dance and to teach others."

"Kind of. If it weren't for the fact that I'm so short now and getting shorter I'd enjoy it."

"I thought you enjoyed being like a little kid yourself?"

"I don't know. What would you think if I were running around naked with a bunch of other little kids?"

"I guess I would think you were one of them.", Sue said.

"I suppose I would like that. But they're all bigger than me."

"I know how you feel. I have a niece who's eleven and she's like six inches taller than me.", Sue said.

"Well, I teach a nine year old who's over a foot taller. Maybe two feet."

"She can't be that much bigger."

"Ok, maybe not two feet. Does it really matter how much taller? She's nine years old for goodness sake."

"My sister grew taller than me when she was nine."

"How old were you then?"

"Eleven."

"Do you know how tall you were then?"

"No. I'll say maybe four six; ish."

"As tall as I am now, Sam.", Sue said.

"I had made it all the way up to a whoppin' four ten by the time I was a teenager."

"You were always short, huh?"

"Yep. And gettin' shorter."

"I still love you, Sam."

"Would you have said something like that to me before you got the virus?"

"I'd like to say yes, but I don't know."

"Eh. It's ok. I'm sure you never met someone as cool as I, so I'm sure you'd have fallen instantly in love with me despite my size even back when you were a giantess."

"Spoken like true geek. But I was never a giantess."

"How tall were you?"

"Five ten."

"That would make you a giantess to me."

"Not like Julie."

"No, not like Julie. Nobody is like her."

"It must be pretty wild seeing her grow over the past months."

"You can't even imagine. I can hardly believe it myself."

"What did she look like before she started growing?"

"Not much different, just smaller. Her hair was longer but still straight. Oh yeah, her breasts were smaller too."

"They are pretty big now."

"They're about the size of me without my arms and legs.", Cindy said.

"You must really like that, Sam."

"I like them because they're her boobs. I don't care about their size."

"Yeah, right."

"I like Cindy's breasts too. Size doesn't bother me."

"Really?"

"Yes, Sue, really."

"How about mine?"

"Your's are gorgeous too."

We were all giggling by then.

"You like them lactating, don't you?"

"Huh?"

"Don't deny it. I heard you dreaming."

"I said that?"

"Yes."

"Crap. What am I saying when I dream?"

"Most of the time it's unintelligible."

"Obviously, not all the time."

"I've never heard anything intelligible while you were sleeping, Sam."

"Well, thank goodness for that, Cindy."

"But I think I'll listen a lot closer from now on."

"Awesome.", I said rolling my eyes.

"So tell me about Sue's lactating boobs."

"There's nothing to tell. I don't remember."

"What did he say, Sue?"

"He said how sweet it tasted."

I hid my face in my hands.

"And how he didn't need sugar in his coffee, just my milk."

Both the girls were laughing. I wasn't.

"Sam, you have such a wild imagination. What ever possessed you to want Sue to lactate?"

"It was a dream, Cindy. I don't have control over any of that. Maybe I saw a video on the Internet. I don't know."

"What sites are you visiting?"

"If it was anything sordid it would be for work."

"That's a lame excuse, Sam."

"It is not. I'll have you know that one of my projects was to look for malware on pr0n websites."

"Likely story."

"Whatever."

"You're such a geek, Sam."

"And proud of it."

"So, how are we going to get Sue's breasts to start lactating."

"Lots of stimulation."

They were both staring at me.

"What?"

"How do you know that?"

"Sue told me."

"I did?"

"Yep."

"I don't remember ever saying any such thing."

"You said it in my dreams."

"And how am I supposed to know that?"

"You seem to know all about my dreams."

"What're we going to with him, Cindy?"

"We'll just have to stimulate your breasts, Sue."

We all had a good laugh.

"It's still early guys.", I said. "You were up early, Cindy. Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. I just couldn't sleep. Thinking about Mom. You know how it is."

"Not really. But I can imagine. I assume Julie is sound asleep."

"I think so. Everyone else is still asleep too, I guess."

"Not everyone.", we heard from the doorway to the kitchen. We all looked to see who it was.


----- Gail

"Oh, Gail. We're so sorry. Did we wake you?", Sue asked her.

"Not exactly. I was just up and heard voices in the kitchen so I thought I'd get up and see who it was. I'm not sure why I woke. I haven't been sleeping much."

"Well, it's just us here in the kitchen. I haven't been sleeping much lately either. Sam's been waking me."

"And who woke me up this morning, Sue?"

"That was the first time."

"Yeah, right."

"I don't sleep too long at night either. I wonder if it's the virus?", Cindy said.

"That's a possibility.", I said. "I don't feel sleepy. What about you guys?"

"Not me."

"Me either."

"So, what're we gonna do?"

"Let's get naked."

"Cindy!"

"What?"

"Gail is here."

"Sam", Cindy said, rolling her eyes, "she's seen us all naked before."

Gail was laughing. I shushed her.

"You could wake Julie."

"So?"

"She doesn't see well in the morning. She'd bump her head into the top of the doorway."

"Oh come on."

"You think I'm kidding?"

"Yeah."

"I'm not. She's done it before. Many times."

"Ow. Is she that tall?"

We all looked at her like she just grew three arms out of her head.

"Yes. She's that tall. She picked you up. Remember?"

"How could I forget?"

"Didn't your head almost touch the ceiling then?"

"Yeah. I guess so."

"And her head was still over yours even when she was holding you."

"Oh, wow. I kind of forgot. All I can see is thigh when I'm next to her."

"And a beautiful thigh it is."

The girls all glared at me.

"Oh, come on. Do you blame me for saying that?"

"No, Sam. I agree with you."

"Thank you, Cindy. See Gail? I'm not the only one that thinks so."

"I didn't say it was ugly. Only that it fills my view when I'm next to Julie. In fact, I think it's quite nice looking."

"It's sexy, isn't it, Gail?"

"Yes, Cindy. It's sexy."

"Wouldn't you just love to kiss it?"

"Uh, I don't know."

"Cindy", I said, "stop teasing Gail."

She blew a raspberry back at me. "I bet she really would love it, Sam."

"Yeah, Gail.", Sue was getting into the conversation now. "You could kiss the back of her thigh standing. Think how that would make Julie feel."

Gail was smiling. "I guess that would feel pretty ... sexy."

"Sexy, hell. You could really get Julie going."

"You think so, Sue?"

"I know so."

"So, have you and Julie slept together too?"

"You betcha."

"Wow. You all really share each other a lot."

"You should too, Gail."

"We'll see about that. I have my hands full with Jill."

"Not as full as they would be with Julie."

"She's over twice as big as me.", Gail said.

"Over eight times."

"Eight?"

"Don't ask. Sam might put a mathematician spell on you."

"Yes, well, technically speaking,", I said, "computer science can properly be called a branch of mathematics."

"Sam.", Gail said.

"What?"

"You're such a geek."

"And proud of it."

"How did such a big girl like Julie hook up with a guy like you?"

"I told you: I used to be the taller one."

"No, I meant as geeky as you are."

"I told her if she didn't go out with me I'd give her a noogie."

"I'd like to see you try that now."

"I can't reach that high now."

"I can't even see that high. I look up and all I see is her crotch."

"And her boobs."

"Yes, her boobs too. They do protrude pretty far out."

"What size of bra does she wear, Sam?"

"How should I know, Sue? I'm a guy. Besides I don't think she wears any real bras anymore, just those sport bras. They probably don't make regular bras in her size."

"I thought guys were intimately familiar with bras and especially their girlfriends bra size."

"Seriously, Sue? I don't even think Julie knows what size she wears. Like I said, they probably don't make 'em her size. You seem to be taking an colossal interest in Julie's tits."

"I bet you know what size I wear?"

"S!"

"S?"

"That's for Sue size, Sue.", Cindy said.

"S for Super.", I said. "You're all an S size."

"Aw, Sam. You're trying to butter us up."

"Of course, I am. You guys deserve it."

"And you haven't even offered Gail some tea, Sam.", Cindy reminded me. "You're failing if you're trying to make Gail feel welcome."

"You're right. How could I be such a bad host. Gail, would you care for a cup of tea?"

"Not really, but thanks for asking.", she said.

"Would anyone else care for a second cup. I could use one."

Cindy and Sue agreed and I started dragging a chair over to the counter.

"Unh uh, Sam. It's my job to get up on your shoulders."

"It's actually Cindy's turn."

"Oh, no.", Cindy said, "I'm perfectly content to watch Sue get up on your shoulders and get the water."

"Fine. You really like this, don't you, Sue?"

"Yep. Now bend down."

I didn't think it was that funny, but Cindy and Gail were giggling the whole time. I made sure the pot was full to the top so that there'd be enough for a second cup for the three of us. I was able to convince Gail to have a cup of grapefruit juice though.

"Cindy.", Gail asked, "Are you doing ok?"

"I'm fine, Gail. I just need a little time to get over my mother passing away."

"Cindy, forgive me for saying this but this is true: you won't ever get over this. People don't get over things like that. It will always hurt."

"What?"

"Listen to me. That's ok. What you have to do though is to move on. Ok? Make the best of your life. Do what your mother would have wanted. I'm sure you know this."

Cindy was looking down. "Yeah. I just want to relax for a couple days before getting back to it."

"Certainly, Cindy. If there's anything I can do ..."

"I know."

"Julie seems to be a big help. No pun intended."

"She is."

"I could tell last night."

"Oh, God. Was it that evident?"

"Not as evident as Sue and Sam.", Gail giggled.

"Oh, we weren't that bad.", I said.

"Right. 'Oh Sam! Harder! Squeeze us!'"

Sue and I smiled at each other. It was clear they heard part of it last night, but not all.

"You'll probably wake everyone else up now, Gail." But nobody else woke up. It was not until a couple hours later that Julie finally greeted us. Jill followed shortly thereafter and Erin didn't show her face until a couple hours after that.


----- Everyone awake

Julie and I had some time to ourselves and talked a little.

"So, what was all that about last night?"

"What was what?"

"Don't play dumb, Sam. You know what I mean. All that noise."

"Tell me what were you screaming about first."

"No, I asked first."

"It wasn't me."

"Somebody was screaming. It wasn't just us that heard it either. That was heard on the other side of town I'm sure."

"I'm not responsible for hearing loss on the other side of town. They need their own earplugs."

"My god, Sam. What were you two doing?"

"We weren't doing anything. Just talking."

"Talking? That didn't sound like any talking I've heard."

"You'll have to make an effort to learn the native language. So what were you and Cindy doing last night?"

"Nothing."

"Yeah, right. A lot of loud nothing. At least Cindy's in better spirits."

"I hope she is."

"She is. We've been up talking while you slept."

"That's good. She seems better?"

"I think so. We should keep her busy today. Any ideas?"

"I'll let you know if I think of something."

We didn't have to think of anything though. Erin was now up and was in a good mood.

"You look happy, Erin."

"Cindy and I decided to go out dancing tonight."

"Tonight? A Sunday night? Where?"

"The usual club. They're open even on Sundays. Fred's coming too."

"You already talked to him?"

"We decided last night that we'd go dancing tonight. Then I invited Cindy this morning."

"Well, good. I'm sure you and Cindy will have lots of fun. She deserves it."

"You too, Sam.", Cindy said.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine."

"We'll all be having fun because you're coming."

"Oh, no I'm not."

"Sam.", Julie said. "Cindy deserves this. Don't deny her."

"You're supposed to be helping me get out of this. Why don't you go instead?"

"I can't dance."

"Neither can I."

"Cindy will teach you, right, Cindy?"

"Of course I will. I'll have you dancing like a pro in no time, Sam."

"Julie can go in my place."

"It won't be the same."

"Sure it will. She can dance as good as I can."

"I thought you said you couldn't dance."

"Exactly. Teach her."

"But I can't dance with her."

"Why not?"

"Take a look at both of us. How am I going to hold her?"

"Around the hips?"

"That won't work. Come on, Sam. You and I were made to dance together."

"Suuuuue!", I whined. "Help me out."

"I will. I'm going dancing too. I wouldn't miss this for all the coffee in Bolivia."

"It's tea in China."

"I drink coffee."

"You had tea earlier." I said as I gave her a mean look. A look that said, "I'll get back at you later."

"Are you going too, Gail?", I asked.

"I don't think so."

"I'll stay here with Gail, guys."

"No, you should go, Sam."

"I've been Shanghaied, Gail. Keep me with you. They're forcing me to go dancing tonight. My life is doomed."

"You poor little darling.", Gail said. "I better call the grieving old ladies ahead of time. This is a major catastrophe. Whatever shall we do? That must have been the real reason you were screaming last night."

They all thought this was hilarious. I slapped my forehead. Then Jill joined us.

"Jill! Tell them I can't dance."

"He can't dance."

"Thank you. At least someone is in their right mind."

"But he can learn. Are you going to teach him, Erin?"

"That's not helping!", I exclaimed.

"I'll teach maybe a little.", Erin said. "Cindy's going to do the honors. She's a professional. And what's all this talk about screaming?"

"I think Sue was spanking him last night.", Jill said. "He was screaming like a crybaby."

"I was not! That was Sue. I was howling."

Julie literally got on the floor and was rolling around laughing.

"You should have heard Julie.", I said. "She was the one screaming the loudest."

"No, she wasn't, Sam.", Jill said. "You and Sue were screaming the loudest by far."

"I told you; I don't scream."

"I don't know what got into you two but Sue screamed so loud she shrunk."

"I did?", Sue said.

"She's kidding, Sue.", I had to tell her. "She only wishes."

That shut Jill up, but Gail was laughing.

"And why were you two so quiet last night?", I asked.

"How would you know if we were quiet or not? Nobody could hear over all the ruckus you and Sue were making."

Gail had a point.

"What the hell did I miss?"

"Nothing, Erin.", I said. She didn't believe me.


----- Home studio

"Well what are we going to do with the rest of the day until tonight?", Erin asked.

I suddenly had a brilliant idea to keep Cindy busy.

"Cindy, that stuff I ordered came in last week. You know, the audio equipment."

"Oh, good. You can start recording yourself singing. It should come out more than half decent now."

"Wanna help me set it all up?"

"Do I? We're going to make you a great home studio, Sam."

"So, that's what Cindy and I are doing today, Erin.", I said.

"What am I going to do then?", she replied.

"That's your problem."

"Hey, Erin,", Sue piped in, "I need to go pick out a dress for dancing tonight. Wanna come with me?"

"Sure."

"You too, Gail. How about it?"

"I'd rather not."

"Ok. What about you, Julie, Jill? I'd love it if you came."

"I don't know if I'll be able to find any clothes for me.", Julie said.

"We don't have to shop just for clothes."

"Ok, I'm coming."

"Great. We're going to have so much fun."

We finally ate breakfast, everyone got ready and those going shopping left, which meant I was alone with Cindy and Gail.

Cindy and I went to work setting up the studio. We opened packages and decided where they would go: we decided to set up in my office. I went online and registered most of the equipment. Cindy thought that was strange.

"Why would do you do that?"

"To put the warranty in effect."

"Nobody does that."

"They should."

"It's just a waste of time."

"It's not a waste. Especially if you have to return something."

"You're such a geek."

"And proud of it."

Fortunately, everything seemed to work well and nothing had to be returned. When we were finished setting things up I got the guitar and recorded a couple of songs. I didn't have a pickup so I had to use a microphone dedicated just to the guitar. I wasn't expecting any great results. I put the headphones on and played it back. What I heard was stunning.

"Is that really me?"

"Let me hear."

I passed the headphones to Cindy and played it back.

"That's definitely you, Sam."

"You were right: it's not half bad. In fact, it's whole lot better than recording with just the computer.", I said.

"Let me hear too.", Gail cried.

We let her try the headphones and she thought it was great.

"It needs a little work.", Cindy said. I was incredulous. How could it be any better? She fired up a couple of apps on the computer and went to work. She played with a bunch of controls tweaking this and that and after about half an hour with the headphones on she said, "Here, it's a bit better now."

I took a listen. Frankly, I couldn't hear much difference. Neither could Gail. But we both agreed that we thought that it was maybe a little bit better.

"How did you know how to do that?", I asked.

"I have a college degree in performing arts, remember?"

"I thought it was in dance."

"Dance is a performing art."

"Oh, yeah. I guess it is."

"We had to take audio and video courses. It was part of the program. You'll need to learn this too."

"Why?"

"Don't you want your recordings to be the best they can?"

"I guess so. I'm going to have to get Sharon over here so we can record together."

"Ok, but until you get another microphone or a pickup for the guitar you'll have to record your performances twice and dub in the voices and guitar separately."

"And how do you do that?"

"It's better if I show you when Sharon is here rather than just explaining."

"Sounds good to me."

We decided Cindy would handle all this stuff for us for the first few songs we'd record. Then I could probably do these things myself for later recordings.

It was good that she was getting deep into something, keeping herself busy. It got her mind off of other things. I decided to sing some songs for her.

I sang her one of the most hauntingly beautiful songs I know: "Changes" by Phil Ochs.

        ...

        Your tears will be trembling, now we're, somewhere else,
        One last cup of wine we will pour, and I'll kiss you one more time,
        And leave you on the rolling river shores, of changes.

...

This made her cry. Right now I figured it would be good to indulge in the memories. She asked if I wrote that song, bless her heart.

"You've never heard of Phil Ochs?"

"He sounds familiar."

"You don't know who he is, do you?"

"Not really."

"You poor, deprived, little girl. Would you like to hear his story?"

"Sure."

"Hmmm. I'm not sure you're ready."

"Why not?"

"It's a tragic story."

"Oh. How bad is it?"

"He committed suicide."

"Did he have Borgford's disease?"

"Worse. He was a product of the '60's -- a very sensitive soul. A genius like so many other musicians of the time. Every bit the equal of Bob Dylan, I'd say."

"He was good, right?"

"Yes, one of the best."

"He drank, Cindy.", Gail said. It seems she knew of him too.

"That's not good."

"No, it's not."

"The times hit him hard.", I said. "I think he thought that he could change things for the better with his songs but of course it was a losing cause. So he killed himself."

"That is tragic. How old was he?"

"Mid thirties, I think."

"Did he have any other songs?"

"Many."

"Can you sing another one?"

"I'd love to. I know one you might like. How about this?"

I sang "When I'm gone":

        There's no place in this world where I'll belong when I'm gone.
        And I won't know the right from the wrong when I'm gone.
        And you won't find me singing on this song when I'm gone.
        So I guess I'll have to do it while I'm here.

        ...

"Oh, I love that, Sam.", she said. "Can you record that for me?"

"I most certainly can."

Gail was mostly quiet this whole time. It wasn't until we took a little break and Cindy left to freshen up (that's girl-speak for going to the bathroom) that she spoke to me.

"You like singing to her as much as she likes hearing it, don't you?"

"You're very perceptive, Gail. Sure, music's a gift, and just as much for me as for who I'm singing to."

"Cindy should feel better."

"Music always helps."

"You can't stand her up tonight, Sam."

"Aw, shucks. I hate dancing, but don't worry, I'll go. I know how much she likes dancing."

"She loves you. Anyone can see that."

"I love her too, Gail."

"You have a lot of passion, Sam."

"You have to sing that way or it doesn't mean anything."

"It's much more than your singing. It's the reason you made Sue scream last night."

"Ha. You have no idea what went on in that room last night."

"You gave Sue what she wanted."

"I guess I did. You don't know what though, do you?"

"It doesn't matter. You gave me what I want."

"Oh? What?"

"You made me get out. I really needed that. You helped me get over my anxiety. And you brought Jill to me."

"I can't take credit for Jill. It was her idea."

"You asked me out before that. You took the time to talk to me."

"I like talking, especially to beautiful girls."

"Don't try to flatter me. I wouldn't have gone out to meet you that first time if I thought you were hitting on me. I don't know how you got the others to sleep with you."

"What others?"

"Everyone. Julie. Cindy. Sue. Jill. Need I go on?"

"I'm very lucky."

"Lucky? You haven't even hinted at doing the same with me. Did you take that approach with them?"

"Gail, everyone is different. I haven't really taken any approach. In fact, every time I've taken the initiative in the past, well, lets just say the results were disastrous. Things just happened with Julie, Cindy and all the others. It's weird."

"Weird?"

"A few months ago I got back together with Julie. You remember my story."

"Yes, I do."

"Then things really changed for me. We started changing sizes and hasn't stopped yet. But I haven't tried to hit on anybody because I really am content with Julie. But, damn if I haven't gotten more pussy than I ever have in my life. Sorry about the language, but I have to reinforce the narrative because it is that spectacular."

"I understand.", she said. Then she got up on her toes and gave me a hug and kiss.

"Are you taking the initiative?", I asked.

"I don't know. I don't even know where Jill and I are going. But thanks anyway for everything, you're a good friend. Only right now you need to take good care of Cindy. Then maybe later you can think about making me scream like Sue."

"I'm not sure my ears can take another night like that.", I chuckled. "But if it comes to that, I'm not sure I'll be able to live up to the reputation that Sue's screaming is giving me. I'm almost scared you'll be disappointed."

"You have nothing to worry about, Sam.", she said.

When Cindy returned we recorded "When I'm Gone", she did her magic on the computer and copied the resulting file to a USB stick so she could play it whenever she wanted.

"I'm going to play this in the car, Sam.", Cindy said. "It reminds me of my mother."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"No, it's good. It'll remind me to be the person my mother wanted me to be."

"In that case, listen to it all you want."

The girls eventually got back from shopping. We all cleaned up and got ready to go out. Cindy came with me to look for clothes to wear. We, or rather it was she who looked and she settled on a dark blue button up shirt I had. I tucked the shirt in but she pulled it right back out. She said I not to do that. Whatever.

I thought Gail would be leaving to go home tonight, but she stayed home with Julie so I guess she decided to go later. Then the rest of us headed out for dancing. Ugh.


----- Dancing

The dance floor was a big oval in the middle of the dance room. There were other rooms where the bar and other tables were. From the dance floor steps went up on all four sides like a stadium but each step was several feet wide so that tables were set up all around and on several levels above the dance floor. Paths on all sides led up to the top floor and into the other rooms.

Fred brought Sharon. Erin and Fred went right on out to the dance floor without hesitation. And without hesitation Cindy literally dragged me out to the dance floor. I didn't put as much fight as I could have though. I was doing this for Cindy, after all. Sue stayed at the table talking with Jill and Sharon for a while. They decided to watch a little bit first. Their excuse was that they didn't want to distract from my lessons.

"Move your feet like this."

I copied Cindy. It wasn't too hard.

"And your arms like this. Ok, good. Now face me and hold me. No, the other way. Mirror me."

We kept up the lessons for a while and I tried to stay in step with her. It didn't work too well, but I did get the hang of it a little bit, eventually. It took some time and effort. Cindy was very patient.

The music started picking up and the lights were getting dimmer. I saw Jill dancing with Fred. His head was barely at the level of her breasts. Sue and Erin were out there too and Sue's head didn't reach much higher on Erin then Fred's did on Jill. I realized the girls were wearing high heels. When we all came close to each other my head was shoulder level to Sue and well below Erin's breasts. As for Jill; my head was somewhere around her lower stomach.

Thank goodness I was with Cindy. She had a nice little pink dress that came to just above her knees. It was probably meant as a mini skirt style dress but on Cindy it was a little longer. I learned how to swirl her around. Actually I just stood in one spot while she whirled. The way the skirt of her dress flew out was really sexy.

Cindy wasn't wearing heels; well, not much to speak of. However, she took them off when the music started playing faster. We were dancing apart and I tried to do what she was doing. Obviously my attempts at imitation were not entirely successful. Ok, not even close. I knew I looked like a fool out there but I saw that some of the other guys looked just as foolish as I did. So I didn't feel too bad.

Erin, Sue, Jill, Sharon and Fred would occasionally go sit at the table but Cindy wouldn't hear of us leaving until we both got tired. Finally, she decided to a break. Whew. I was winded. Cindy and I spent quite a long session out there on the floor.

I sat and started gulping down my water. The ice was mostly melted but it was still cold and felt good. Cindy went to the bar and came back with a mixed drink.

"What's that?"

"It's a drink."

"It's from the bar. It's alcohol, isn't it?"

"So, what if it is. I'm a grown girl."

"Oh, boy, I could say so much right now."

"Come on, Sam. I deserve this."

"You know what that can do to you?"

"I know, and I don't care. You have to let me do this, Sam."

I sighed. "It's your life. You know I only want what's best for you."

"Yes, I know." Then she kissed me. "Thanks. You don't know how much you being here means to me. I'm going to go dance with Erin for a little bit now; I owe her. You'll be ok?"

"Just show me where the oxygen bottle is and I'll be fine."

She laughed then took Erin by the hand, and they disappeared, both barefoot, out onto the dance floor. The music was loud and we pretty much had to yell to be heard. By the way, that is one of the reasons I never liked going out clubbing.

Jill was dancing with Sharon now so that left Sue and Fred at the table with me.

"Let's go out there, Sam."

"Aw, I just sat down."

"Don't you want to dance with me?"

"I didn't want to dance with anyone. You know why I'm here, right?"

"Fine."

"Alright, look. Give me a minute to drink a couple sips of water and we'll go out there, ok?"

"Oh, goodie."

But before I could get my couple of sips in and before I knew what was happening, a big hand grabbed mine and pulled me out of the chair with such force that I almost flew up in the air.

"Jill! Wait. What're you doing?"

"We're gonna go dancing."

"But you're dancing with Sharon."

"She's tired."

"So am I."

"You've been resting."

"But I was supposed to go out on the floor with Sue."

"There's plenty of time for that. I'm not going to miss my chance."

"What chance?"

"To dance with you. Just for a little bit, ok?"

"Ok, fine."

She dragged me out to the dance floor like it was nothing and there was nothing I could do about it. How did Jill get so strong?

I'm not going to say she was a bad dancer. To be sure she was not quite in the same league as Cindy or even Erin but she was certainly better at it than I, and I was sure that I was making a fool of myself again. I expected stares, especially with our height difference. There'd be enough reason to stare at Cindy and I, us being so short; but even more so with Jill being well over six feet tall and me closer to four feet.

I looked around but everyone seemed to be in their own world here. This was unexpectedly refreshing. I was doing the best I could; wiggling and jiggling in a manner that didn't totally look unlike dancing. Then it came: the slow music.

I grabbed Jill around the waist as best I could. We just sort of shuffled around for a few moments, her nearly tripping over me a couple of times. What can I say? I'm a klutz when it comes to dancing. I look more like I'm wrestling that dancing. She got a little fed up with the tripping.

"Here, this'll be better.", she said while picking me up. Now I totally expected stares. None were detected. After a little while of this Cindy was tapping on Jill's leg.

"My I cut in?"

"Sure. I think it would be better with you two for this one.", Jill said, whereupon I was put back down and Cindy and I hugged as we slow danced.

"Cindy, you know what?", I said.

"What?"

"No one is staring at us."

"So?"

"I know they shouldn't but I always get stares, especially when I'm with taller girls like Jill or even Erin."

"They don't do that here. Even when people get naked nobody stares."

"They get naked?"

"Sure. Watch."

With that she reached her arms down, crossed them, grabbed the bottom of her dress and whisked it over her head. She wasn't wearing a bra and was now only wearing her panties. Then she started unbuttoning my shirt. I was about to protest but I noticed there were actually some other girls who were topless by now too. So I just went with the flow and we hugged again and finished the slow song. They played a second slow one while we danced together close.

"Sorry, Sam. I just had to butt in on you and Jill. I really wanted to slow dance with you."

"Thanks, Cindy. This feels good."

"I like skin to skin dancing.", she said with a smile. She was enjoying her night.

Then the music picked up.

Erin and Jill made their way over to us. Erin was, by this time of course, topless. Surprised? Yeah, right.

"Hey, bro?", she shouted.

"What?"

"Are you having a good time?"

"Meh.

"What?"

"I said, sure."

"Great."

All four of us were dancing together when Sue and Sharon also came out to join us. They were both barefoot too, but otherwise still dressed.

"Hey, Sam.", Sue said. "Do the mashed potato."

"Huh?"

"Move your feet like this." Her legs were going in and out. I tried it but no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do the mashed potato.

"Easy for you.", I said.

"You have to twist your ankles. Look."

"No way. That hurts. My legs are already hurting."

"You're too stiff.", Cindy said.

"I can't do it any other way."

The girls really tried that night but I remained the white boy that couldn't dance. "Sam,", they all told me, "you dance like a geek."

"And I'm proud of it."

Cindy and Erin remained topless until we left and somewhere along the way Sue took her dress off too. The place closed at midnight so that's when we all left. We took Jill home to mom's house and Sharon left with Fred.

Cindy had a good time and was a bit tipsy. I couldn't fault her with what she had been through last week. I just hoped the alcohol wouldn't hurt her and I was also not looking forward to the coming week -- she was going to need to take care of business.

When we arrived home it was a welcome quiet. Julie was obviously asleep. I stayed quiet as I entered the bedroom and discovered a surprise: Gail and Julie were asleep together -- Julie cradling Gail and both of them were nude.

I tip-toed out and told the others. Sue was leaving but had to go see the two of them. I asked her to stay; it was late and I didn't want her driving while sleepy. She assured me she'd be ok and needed to be in early to work Monday morning.

Cindy was staying so she and I spent the night together in the other bedroom. She thanked me for helping her out this weekend and that made me happy.

"And you won't find me dancing on the dance floor when you're gone.", I sang. "So, I guess I'll have to do it while you're here."

Despite all the bad things the past week, she smiled and we fell asleep.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Next time we'll find out why Julie and Cindy were screaming.