- Text Size +

It's been over a week since Kim's sister Lulu was stranded on planet B1G. Kim was worried about her sister, but she wouldn't give up hope. She was the only family she had left. Kim took a sip of her coffee as she checked the status of their journey. They would arrive in about 11 hours and she planned to be on the first drop ship to help look for her sister. She hadn't seen Matthew since they entered their dimension drift. Hopefully Matthew would be ready to lead the rescue team to her sister. Doing her usual routine, Kim finished checking up on all the diagnostics to makes sure they were flying smoothly. Last thing she needed was something to break down right before they reached their destination and be forced to drop out of hyper space and waste more valuable time. Finishing up on the diagnostics, Kim headed to her room to pick up the files that the Admiral gave her on her rescue party. He was giving her 8 of the best men and women that were used to this kind of mission, retrieval and extraction. Turning a corner Kim bumped into someone.

"Sorry," Kim started to say until she spotted who she bumped into.... Matthew.

"Oh, it's you," Matthew said as he got up from the ground. "Why is it whenever you're around, I end up getting hurt," Matthew asked laughing.

Kim was about to say something when she smelled something. Sniffing again she frowned, "Are you... have you been drinking?!"

Matthew laughed, "Me?"

Kim grabbed him by the shirt and slammed him into the wall behind him, "What are you thinking?! How, no why-"

Matthew laughed again, "Calm down, we won't be arriving in a few days..." Matthew said nonchalantly.

"Days? We get there in less than 8 hours! And your drunk?!"

Matthew rolled his eyes at Kim's over reaction. "Days, hours, it's all the same when you think about it."

Kim had to stop herself from punching Matthew. "You ... why did I ever think you could help." Kim let Matthew go as she walked away. She shouldn't have tried to count on him for his help. Whatever, she would find her sister without him. With the rescue team with her, she would find her sister and save her. Kim didn't need that bastard for anything. Heading over to her room, Kim grabbed her files to look through who was going to be helping later on.

 

 

Matthew rubbed at the back of his head where Kim had slammed him up against the wall.

"What's her problem," Matthew said to himself as he got up, still a little hungover. Matthew headed toward the cafeteria like he was doing before he bumped into 'Mrs. I want to hurt you'. What was her problem? Matthew entered the cafeteria which had a hand full of people eating their meals. Grabbing his food, Matthew quickly found a table by himself and sat down and started to eat. As he ate, his hangover started to fade away. He probably shouldn't have drunk that much the night before but the closer he got to B1G, the harder it was to deal with his past. The only thing that helped was the alcohol that drowned out the demons in his head. After finishing his meal, Matthew headed back to his room and started to prepare for their landing later on. Grabbing his bag, he started to pack up his gear that he would need.

Between all the weapons and survival gear, Matthew started to run out of room. He almost didn't have any room for his bottles of booze. Done packing Matthew decided to sleep the next 8 hours off till they were supposed to meet at the launch bay. Yet as Matthew tried, he couldn't get any rest. After spending hours lying awake in his bed, he got up and started to pace around. It was agony for Matthew. He still had a few hours left before it was time to meet up. Deciding to be productive, Matthew pulled out a kit and placed it on the bed. Matthew pulled up a chair to the side of the bed and sat down. Matthew opened the kit with his left hand and placed his right hand on the bed. Matthew bite his lower lip. This always hurt no matter how many times he did it. Using his left-hand Matthew found what he was looking for and pushed it, his right hand went still as it came off from the elbow down.

Not a lot of people knew that Matthew had a prosthetic arm. Heck there were times he forgot too. It functioned just like a normal arm, in fact there were wires connected to his nerves that made him feel things too. His right arm was stronger than before, yet the only downside to this was the constant maintenance required to keep it from getting buggy or damaged. It was also a constant reminder of how he lost it.

Trying to forget, Matthew started to use the many tools in the kit to check all the systems and circuits of his arm to make sure everything was 100%. Last thing he needed was him out in the field and his arm stop working. When Matthew was satisfied with his system check, he ran a few test swings and maneuvers with his arm to make sure it was fine.

It was performing better than before, perfect. Done with his right arm, Matthew closed the kit and returned it to his bag just in case he would need to do any other maintenance later their mission. Matthew still had time to burn while he waited for their drop out of hyperspace. Matthew looked over toward a mirror and looked at himself. He grimaced at the man he saw in the mirror. It had been a while since he looked at himself through a mirror and now he realized just how bad he had become. Matthew decide it was best to clean himself up before meeting with the rest of his peers.

 

 

Kim just finished her last meal before they would arrive at B1G. Kim felt the ship start to slow down as it exited hyperspace. They were close now. Kim left the cafeteria and headed to her room where she grabbed her gear and headed down to the bay where they would be departing. When she arrived, she saw that she was the last one to arrive except for Matthew, which she expected. His drunken ass was probably still in bed.

"Screw it we don't need him," Kim said under her breath as she gathered her crew together. Looking over her squad of 8 she noticed there was 1 more person.

"Excess me, who are," Kim asked not to recognize who it was from her briefing papers. She remembered looking thought all the selected members but this person didn't ring any bells.

The man looked hurt, "Oh come on. Do I look that different," asked a familiar voice. It sounded like Matthew.

"Matthew," Kim asked stunned. Matthew looked like a completely different person. The man she found at the bar looked like some ruffed up unshaven 40-year-old man. The person she was looking at didn't look to be over 24. She didn't know which surprised her more, the fact that he cleaned up so much that he looked like a complete different person from before, or that he showed up on time.

Matthew rubbed at his chin, "I know I shaved and all but, really?"

Kim tried not to look embarrassed from not recognizing him. She swore that if it weren't for his voice she wouldn't have known it was Matthew. "Whatever, just get up here and help with the briefing." Matthew walked up to Kim and stood next to her as she filled in her squad about their mission. Although they already read the mission report, she still wanted to verbally instruct them. "Around 7 days ago Doctor Camren crash landed on planet B1G. Doctor Camren has vital information from her research that is top priority. We need to locate Doctor Camren and bring her home safely wherever she may be. Any questions?"

One of the soldiers, Micky rose his hand. "Captain, isn't this over kill, 8 elite soldiers? For a search and rescue?" The rest of the squad seemed to agree with Micky as they all murmured in agreement. Kim thought so too, but it was her sister's safety so she didn't care if they had sent 100 soldiers with her, as long as Lulu made it home in one piece.

All their agreement was cut off when Matthew snorted, "Over kill? I'll remember what you said, when you're crying in a few hours."

"What was that," Micky said as he started toward him before someone stopped him. Matthew didn't seem phased at all.

"All I'm saying is if you underestimate this planet, you'll be dead in less than an hour," Matthew said chillingly. "You can read all the reports and files on this planet, which I can guaranty have been white washed more than your underwear, but you will NEVER be prepared for what's really down there."

All the soldiers included Micky did their best not to laugh at Matthew. Another soldier, the squad leader, Thompson or Tom for short, spoke up. "And you have no idea what we been through as a squad. WE are the best there is. So, don't mock us, or you'll be the one crying soon," Tom threatened.

Matthew didn't even blink at the remark.

"That's enough from all of you," Kim said as she started to regret bring Matthew along. Sure, he may know the land and what to expect down there, but if he couldn't cooperate with others, then what was the point. "We leave in 5 get the gear on the ship," Kim ordered as the soldiers followed her command. Just as Matthew started to grab his supplies Kim took him to the side and gave him one of her deadly stares.

"What," Matthew asked seeming bewildered at her anger.

"We need a tracker to help us, not someone who is going to fight with everyone. If you can't do that then leave now, but once you board this ship you behave and," She pointed a menacing finger at him, "You will shut the fuck up." She said threating.

Matthew couldn't help but smile at her temper tantrum, "Whatever you say, Captain," Matthew said saluting her.

"God, you're a dick," Kim said grumbling walking off.

Matthew didn't reply. Hell, if he couldn't board the dropship he would highjacked one by himself and landed it on the planet to get his personal mission done. Grabbing his gear, he headed up the ramp to the drop ship to find that everyone looked at him with a face of disapproval of him. He shrugged it off and found a seat. He didn't care about anyone on this bird, as long as they didn't slow him down later.

 

 

It didn't take long to get cleared to launch from the bay. Kim took her seat in the copilot chair as she waited for Minnie, their pilot, to take her seat. "We good to go," Minnie told them all. "Buckle up boys," Minnie said over the mic. Kim could hear in the back as the soldiers joked.

"You hear that Beck, she thinks you're a guy," Someone said.

There was a sound of someone getting hit, when a deep female voice grumbled, "Shut up." Apparently, Beck, short for Becky, didn't like to be made fun of.

"Shut the chatter," Tom said to them all.

The shuttle started up as it roared to life and exited the bay and out into space where Kim could see the exotic planet.

It was massive...

They could land all 12 space stations on the planet and still have some room to spare. It would take years and years to explore the vastness of this planet to learn all its secrets and mysteries. As Kim was fawning over the sight she noticed that B1G had a lot of greener covering its surface, just like their very old home, Earth. In fact, it looked like Earth, except there were 11 moons circling the planet and 2 suns. The planet only grew larger as they started to enter its atmosphere.

"We're heading toward sector J," The pilot announced over the mic.

"Don't," Matthew said over his mic. "Land in Sector I."

"What," Micky said over the mic. "That's 3 hours away from Sector J!"

"It's safer there," Matthew told them all over the mic.

"How do you know," Glen, another solider asked.

"This is why you brought me, and I'm telling you that you don't want to land in J you want I," Matthew told them all. "Do what you want, but I think you should heed my call," Matthew said in an almost smug remark.

Kim growled, "Fine, land in Sector I."

The pilot nodded and changed course and headed toward the new destination. Kim better not regret this.

 

 

It took longer than expect for them to find a clearing to land in. There were so many trees that stood to 20-30 feet up stopping them from landing or rocky or hilly areas, that they would have to traverse over just to reach the Sector that Lulu crashed in. Kim swore Matthew did this on purpose to punish her how she behaved toward him before takeoff. Finally, there was an opening in the canopy showing a good open field to allow the ship to land.

"Setting her down," Minnie said.

As soon as the doors opened, Tom said, "Ok ladies lets go."

There was a sound of someone getting hit, "Ha, he called you a lady," Becky said in that deep female voice.

"God damn you hit like a gorilla," Jack said, the one apparently that was insulting Becky from earlier.

Kim unbuckled her seat and got out. She headed to where their supplies were and she grabbed a backpack and a small gun just in case and strapped it to her hip. She got off the drop ship with everyone else except for Matthew who seemed to be the last off the ship. She looked around at all 8 of the soldiers and saw they each carried similar gear. Each one of them had a backpack and weapons ranging from large fire arms to smaller ones. Each seemed to be ready to go and were waiting on their tracker. Finally, after what seemed like a long time, Matthew exited the ship carrying all his gear. He looked like a pack mull.

"You're going to take it all with you," Kim asked in a very doubtful voice.

"Never know when you might need it," Matthew said walking past her and everyone else. He didn't even look at the map she was about to pull up.

"Do you even know where you're going," Kim asked.

"Yes," he said not even looking back. "Hurry up, we got a lot of ground to cover."

Kim looked around at everyone else, "Let's go," she said not sound like she had a lot of faith in their tracker already.

"Got to love this air," Minnie replied as she followed behind Kim. "The smell is so fresh, not like the space station.

"Careful," Micky said. "You might get addicted to it and want to stay," He said jokingly.

"Less talking and more walking," Tom said to the squad.

Kim had to hurry up to Matthew who was already entering the dark forest. "Are we going to talk about a plan," Kim asked as she walked behind him.

"Find the crash, track the survivors, and leave. Simple enough?" Matthew asked.

Kim growled at him, "That's way too simple. I thought you said this was dangerous."

"Sometimes the simplest plans are the hardest to disrupt," Matthew told her still not looking back at her.

Kim didn't know what he was expecting but she started to feel a little bit worried as she entered the large rainforest like jungle. The sound of countless animals making noise all around her made her a little spooked.

Just before they were out of the clearing and couldn't see the ship anymore Matthew stopped and turned around, "Stay close, don't separate for whatever reason. Follow my signals and we should be fine. And for the love of God don't scream," Matthew said and looked right at Kim.

"Me?" Kim asked bewildered.

Matthew shrugged with all his gear on him, "I don't know, you just look like a screamer to me."

Most of the squad started to chuckle at the comment until Kim gave all of them the meanest glare she had. She then redirected it back at Matthew who just smirked at her. With that, Matthew started their march through the dark wet forest...

 

 

Kim didn't know why Matthew was so paranoid about this place when she first met him. He seemed in his element as he led them through the jungle. That and the fact that nothing "bad" happened to them. Unless if you count the humidity that made her extremely tired or the fact that insects buzzing around seemed to annoy her to the extreme. But other than that, the place was beautiful. The colors of some of the plants were extraordinary. She even saw some of the wild life a few monkey shaped animals with 4 arms climbing up trees. A lot of the plant and animal life looked like some of the images she remembered seeing in her history books of Earth.

30 mins had passed by before they came to their first big obstacle, it was one of the larger hills that they passed by before landing. They had to climb up the nearly 45-degree landscape.

"Anyone need a break," Matthew asked.

Everyone seemed fine.

"What about you, Mr 'I'm going to carry all my stuff'," Someone joked.

Matthew didn't reply as he headed up the incline and toward the top of the large hill. It took them about another 20 mins before they reached to top which allowed them to see all around. Kim could look down the hill into the vast valley below them. They had a lot more ground to cover before reaching the next hill and she was already regretting landing in Sector-

 

KABOOOOOOM

Everyone jerked around behind them to see a massive fireball go up into the air where they had landed their dropship. The explosion rose up and into the sky as everyone just looked speechless at where they had landed not even 50 minutes ago.

"What the hell happened to the ship," Wesley asked looking toward Minnie the pilot.

Minnie started to explain, "I... nothing that ship was tip top shape. I checked everything nothing should have-"

"They found it sooner than I excepted," Matthew said coldly. "We need to start moving."

"They? Who the hell is they," Micky asked sounding distraught.

"What the hell could have done that," Tom asked.

"That was a military armored dropship. There isn't anything on this planet that should have dented that thing," Minnie said sounding frightened.

"Who are they," Kim asked Matthew who was starting to walk away.

"You knew about this didn't you," Wesley said. "That's why you have all your gear?! You knew it was going to explode, did you place a bomb on it?" Wesley asked being paranoid about the situation.

Becky step forward and started to slowly pull out her hand gun, "Start talking."

"I didn't place a bomb on the ship," Matthew said turning around showing them his hands to show he wasn't a threat. "There are things that are a lot more dangerous here than you know."

There was a faint sound of thunder in the distance. Something in the corner of her eye caught Kim's attention. Turning, Kim gasped at what she saw in the hazy horizon. Everyone looked out over in the same direction, and all of them nearly screamed except for Matthew. In the distance, it looked like a mountain that was covered in greenery was moving. Looking closer they could see the mountain was moving on the horizon, but the mountain had a shape. The vague shape grew clearer the more they watched in silent terror as a large naked green woman covered in plants was crawling over the land scape on the horizon. Each thunderous sound was one of the Giantess hands landing on the ground to pull her forward. After what felt like eternity of shock, they watched the Giantess stop and slowly lay down on the ground into what looked like any other hill that covered the landscape...

"What the fuck..." Micky said nearly crying.

"Overkill," Matthew asked the squad as they couldn't believe what they just saw. "Trust me this isn't going to be an easy mission."