- Text Size +

All things considered, with her great size and with the newfound peace descending on the land, Princess Elia Martell felt as warm as the sun itself right now. Everything felt perfect on this gorgeous day for the Giantess as she marvelled at both her beautiful young daughter who was still hugging her otherworldly huge bottom lip and also the peaceful serenity of the land around her. It was still fairly early in the morning and though she had plenty of work to do in the capital, Princess Elia was in the mood for some mother daughter bonding time with her precious Rhaenys. A bit of fun between us two girls would feel great right now. A giant smirk littered itself on Elia’s own gigantic gorgeous face and Elia carefully moved her face until it loomed completely over her miniscule daughter and Elia asked her daughter: “RHAENYS, DARLING. DO YOU FANCY A RIDE ON YOUR LOVELY MOTHER’S MASSIVE HAND BEFORE WE START OUR DAY?”

Rhaenys was smiling and nodded her head up and down impatiently and she called out: “Yes, yes of course Mamma!”

“YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND SWEETLING.” Elia laughed and she then put her massive palm down over the battlements of Sunspear, and Rhaenys quickly ran towards it and got on her Mother’s ginormous finger. Elia softly rose herself to her full height and saw the full beauty of the day ahead.

Elia had noticed, as she stood up properly, the full unadulterated joy that was on Rhaenys’ face as she rose further and further into the heavens. As Elia reached her full grand size of ten miles tall the Giantess softly laughed as Rhaenys’ face as it was a picture of pure awe as she stared in wonder at the surroundings of clear blue skies and bold sparkling seas. They were overlooking the Narrow Sea and Elia smiled as she could see beyond the Sea itself and she noticed the western parts of Essos. Elia wondered how she was viewed by those that lived on the other side of the Narrow Sea. They must see a gorgeous woman proudly bearing her beauty for the entire world to see…Literally. No doubt many that live outside of Westeros are afraid right now, but I hope they can see the good I am doing also. Elia knew it was important that she would be well received not only in Westeros but in Essos as well. Trade was vital for the health of the Seven Kingdoms and very soon Kings Landing’s harbour would be back open for business. Keeping the peace with the east is a must. However Elia knew that dealing with trade was not going to happen today so Elia turned back to her daughter and suddenly she stopped thinking about trade and alliances, all she wanted to do was to have fun with her little girl. Elia looked around and though it was a beautiful sunny day, there were a few clouds sporadically floating around the sky. Elia could see Rhaenys’ eyes staring at the few clouds. Elia softly smiled as she remembered Rhaenys playing with the clouds before Elia walked home to Dorne. I want to see that again. “DO YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH THE CLOUDS RHAENYS?”

Rhaenys nodded with great enthusiasm, and so Elia walked a bit closer inland and held out her arm so it was so very close to a nearby cloud. It was a small wisp of a cloud but Rhaenys still shrieked with joy as she put her hand through it. Rhaenys laughed and called out: “Your turn Mamma!”

Elia looked down and she softly smiled at the indulgent smile on her daughter’s face and thus Elia took a finger from her spare hand and softly put her finger through the cloud. Rhaenys laughed at her Mother’s strength as her finger completely annihilated the passing cloud.

Elia began softly walking through the Eastern coastline of Westeros and had a quiet conversation with her daughter. Elia smiled and listened with a carefree smile as Rhaenys talked about the games that Arianne had played with her in Arianne’s quarters before she went to bed last night, “I really did not want to stop playing, but Aunty Mellario told us it was nighty night...We all said our good nights but… I did not want to leave the room and be on my own.”

Rhaenys smiled faded as she looked down on the ground. She still thinks about it. Elia’s rage momentarily flashed inside as she remembered seeing her daughter getting dragged to her would-be death before she was able to save her. Of course she still thinks about it. Elia looked down at her beautiful daughter and began softly stroking her hair with her enormous finger; Rhaenys smile retuned as she looked up at her protective mother contently and continued her conversation: “So I asked if I can sleep with Arianne. Aunty Mellario said that was fine, provided we slept. When Aunty Mellario left the room Arianne and I spoke for a while until Arianne dozed off.”

Rhaenys pulled a face at the thought that Arianne fell asleep as she was talking to her which made Elia chuckle but then the Giantess thought about it and she asked her daughter: “DID YOU GET MUCH SLEEP LAST NIGHT DEAR?”

Rhaenys looked up and gave a brief flicker of a smile: “Yes Mamma, I slept well.”

Good. Elia did not wish to imagine Rhaenys having night terrors of the past. Elia began to grow angry as she began thinking about the shadows of that ugly vile pig faced Lannister thug dragging Rhaenys out of beautiful noble Rhaegar Targaryen’s bed. Bet you never saw that coming did you Rhaegar? I bet you never saw Roberts’ Warhammer crushing your insides coming either. Elia grimaced as she knew that one day Rhaenys will know all about her fathers’ violent death. The night terrors will come from Rhaegar’s death one day as well as her own horrors, and when they the nightmares do come everyone will be there for her and Rhaenys will know how much her family loves her.

Elia looked down and said with her serious motherly tone: “RHAENYS, YOU HAVE BEEN VERY BRAVE.” Rhaenys gave the same look as that sickly little girl gave to Oberyn in her dream and began looking back down at her mother’s massive palm. Elia looked down with a serious face and continued: “YES YOU HAVE BEEN VERY BRAVE RHAENYS. DO NOT EVER FORGET THAT I LOVE YOU AND I AM ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU, OKAY?”

Rhaenys’ smile was small, but it was a smile nonetheless and Rhaenys whispered quietly, “Okay Mamma.”

Elia looked down at Rhaenys and as she continued stroking her soft hair, Elia thought about that other land where she spent her nights. I wonder if I should take Rhaenys there with me. Elia thought about the beautiful pristine countryside with the seemingly untouched mountains, forests and lakes. It would be nice for Rhaenys to see a land how nature intended it, it makes a nice change of pace to the bustle of the capital. But then as Elia thought about that great vast uncivilised land she remembered there was nowhere appropriate for a three year old girl to stay in such a wild place. There is nowhere for her to sleep and I do not wish to ever harm her. Mayhaps I could commission a manse or something like it to be built in that country if Rhaenys ever wanted to spend the night with me there. Elia still worried if she tossed and turned in her sleep, especially with her dreams about that vile creature who fashioned itself, “The Night’s King.” I cannot risk it just yet. But once I am in control of whatever it is that happens in my head, I’ll show that land to her.

 

Elia walked along the eastern coast of Westeros in a slow calm manner always making sure that Rhaenys was both on her hand safely, as well as making sure that Rhaenys was enjoying the ride. Elia smiled warmly at just how immersed Rhaenys was as she just watched the world at a great height as she periodically laughed looking down far down onto the ground, no doubt spying some great castle that looked little more than a dot at the great height she was standing from. Elia smiled as with her advanced vision Elia could see far down onto the ground and saw that farmers and petty lords alike staring up into the heavens and having a great long look at her massive breasts and her monolithic pussy. Elia felt great pride in how beautiful she was and how well her body held up after giving birth to two children, but with her darling daughter Rhaenys around her Elia did not feel the need to flaunt her body so she merely ignored everyone down below her. That included Lord Robert Baratheon at Storm’s End, which was barely a stone’s throw away at her vast height. Thinking about the great rebel made Elia think about her long term issues she needed to sort out quickly. No doubt I would need to sort out the betrothal between Lord Robert and Princess Lyanna eventually, but that depends on what Lyanna wants. Lyanna is scarce more than a child, but having a man to warm her bed on the long nights to come would make sense. But would Lyanna want Robert treating her soon to be born child with scorn. Elia was not going to relish playing peacemaker when Lyanna and Robert inevitably reunite, but Elia was not in the mood to deal with Princess Lyanna or Lord Robert just yet, and thus she gave one look at Storms End and walked back southwards.

 

As Elia walked back towards her childhood home of Sunspear, Elia suddenly felt a sharp deep pang from her deep powerful heart. The pain was deep. Elia was able to compose herself and instinctively she kept her hand exceptionally still and she felt relieved as Rhaenys was still standing comfortably on her titanic hand. Elia took a deep breath but as she did she heard a single word repeat itself in her head. Mysha. Mysha. Mysha. Elia heard many voices cry out in terror all screaming the words, young and old, men and women, but they were all crying in unison. Elia felt a mass of great suffering and in a panic Elia looked out over across to the sea and lo and behold the Giantess spied a capsized ship near the other side of the Narrow Sea.

Elia saw that the ship was a great Galley, filled with a great number of people. Elia could sense that they were trapped, but not by the drowning ship or even by the great fierce waters of the ocean. Chains are binding them up. They are slaves. They are seen merely as cargo to be bought and sold on a whim. Elia knew that the people on that ship were primarily slaves chained up and she saw that the ship was already sinking and those unlucky enough to be chained up going down with the ship. Without a word Elia took a few deliberate but quick steps into the sea and quickly reached the battered ship. Rhaenys could clearly understand what was going on and she gave her mother an approving nod and softly said: “You saved me; you can do it for those people too, Mamma.”

I love her so much. Elia gave her daughter a massive smile and said: “OF COURSE I WILL, YOU ARE MY HEART RHAENYS.”

The Giantess knelt down and scooped up the ship with her free hand, mindful of the fact that her daughter was on her other hand. Elia could sense exactly how many people were on that boat and as she sensed she did not grab every one of them, she carefully put the ship on her enormous palm near Rhaenys but not near enough to harm her and with her spare hand she efficiently scooped up the remaining stragglers, her hands so big that she was able to grab everyone as the slave ship began to sink under the water.

Elia could see hundreds of tiny people of all different shapes and colours on her hand; with the few others she saved on her second attempt on her other hand. Some of Elia’s passengers were as pale as snow, with some others as dark as charcoal and the rest of them seemingly every colour in-between. They come from all over the world. Elia had never seen so many different groups of people all together in her life. They all look different but they are people at the end of the day. Elia suddenly cringed as she remembered Aerys’ constant cruel jibes at both her and her children as they were darker skinned than the rest of the Westerosi people, never mind the white haired descendants of the Valyrian Targaryen’s. She smells Dornish. Those were first words Aerys said when he was presented to his first Grandchild. And you smelt like old dried piss you vile prick. Elia also remembered the various women around the court making snide comments about her being Dornish, particularly on her wedding day as they sneered at her accent and made mock of her darker skin, and she had even overheard a Tyrell making a comment that the Dornish were a mongrel breed who clearly did not have pure enough blood to marry a Targaryen. Elia grimaced at that, but as she stared at her passengers no such bigotry was present in her thoughts towards them. These people will get no such nonsense from me. Everyone now was all the same to the Giantess; they were all tiny people that needed protection from the horrors that were to come and they all deserved to live rich full lives of happiness and love.

 

Elia began taking the few small steps back to the shoreline of Westeros. Elia could tell from her incredibly heightened senses that she had saved everyone that was on that ship. Nobody had drowned. A small smile formed on Elia’s mighty lips, but an even bigger one enveloped as she noticed Rhaenys walking towards a chained girl around her age soaking wet that was crying and shaking very hard. Elia she saw Rhaenys give the little girl a big hug and stroked her hair helping the little girl to calm down. Tears were rolling freely from Elia’s humongous eyes as she saw Rhaenys calm the little girl down and holding her shoulders gently as the chained girl had stopped crying. Elia’s breathing became jagged as she got choked up from the beautiful sight in front of her. Rhaenys’ smile was so sweet, so innocent, and so pure. Elia had never felt as proud of her daughter as she was right now. I hope I can have a hundredth part of Rhaenys’ courage and dignity.

Elia knew these people needed to be cut from their bonds and she swiftly returned back to Sunspear. Elia’s tears of pride had dried by the time she returned to Sunspear. The castle was fully awaked and she could see Prince Doran and Lady Mellario on the battlements awaiting Elia’s return from her brief sojourn, and Elia could also see the refugees from the Hellholt looking at the Giantess with a quiet pride. They were never in chains, but they know what it is like to be saved by a Giantess in their hour of need. Elia had knelt and put her hand by the castle walls and she had gently placed the damaged ship and all of its inhabitants onto the ground. There were three hundred slaves, all chained into pairs and wearing horribly tattered clothes and she saw twenty slave masters and sailors. Elia looked at Prince Doran and announced swiftly: “I WANT EVERYONE’S CHAINS UNCUT IMMEDIATLEY.”

At that point most of the slaves looked up at their saviour and began chanting: “Mysha.” “Mysha.” “Mysha.” Mysha. Elia suddenly remembered her dream on her first night as a powerful Giantess, and she remembered seeing an entire country of slaves liberated chanting that name at her. Is this to be my destiny? Am I to be a great liberator? Elia had never had any dealings with slavery of any kind in her entire life. To Elia slavery felt like a horrible but far away problem half a world away. The world is not such a big place anymore at this wonderful height. Half a world away is a brief stroll for me. But slavery is real, it is cruel and I can no longer claim ignorance as an excuse.

Elia was enraged as she had now saved a group of people, all from different parts of the world, who had almost drown senselessly just because they were bound together and to be sold at a market like livestock. I do not need to see this ever again in my life. The world has changed, and if the Nights King is real then the world will change even more soon enough. I have a duty to stop this scourge.

Despite this, Elia calmed herself down as she had noticed that Rhaenys was still comforting that same little girl and even giving soft words to a chained up woman beside her. Elia looked down at Rhaenys and gave a massive smile as Rhaenys had noticed her mother staring down towards her: “SEVEN BLESS YOU RHAENYS. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU.”

Rhaenys smiled sheepishly and Elia saw in the corner of her eye a group of Doran’s household guard appear to begin freeing the enslaved captives, cutting their chains with strong crushes with great hammers. Elia looked at her daughter and gently picked her back up and she also picked up that little girl Rhaenys was comforting, and she had put them on the battlements next to Mellario and though there were many things Elia wished to say all she could do was to tell Rhaenys as simply as she could: “YOU ARE EVERYTHING I WISH TO BE RHAENYS.”

Rhaenys gave a curtsy, and blushed as she shyly smiled as Mellario came to her and held her hand firmly. However very quickly Rhaenys bent down to her knees and continued comforting that same little girl. All the little girl could do was to simply look in awe at the Giantess who had picked up all the slaves with absolute ease, not quite believing the fantastical Giantess that stood in front of her was really there. I cannot blame her; even small children knew that Giants do not truly exist, until now. Elia smiled at both of the children, and saw the little girl smile as her bonds were cut, Elia saw the little girl hug Rhaenys as her arms became free and Rhaenys returned the hug. Elia smiled proudly at the lovely scene. They will sing songs of this day, in the west and the east. Elia averted her gaze from the castle to the ground below her and asked: “DOES ANY OF YOU FINE FOLK SPEAK THE COMMON TONGUE?”

“I do!” Shouted a very young girl on the ground, Elia looked down and saw a chained girl, lightly tanned in complexion. She could have been nine at the very most but most likely was younger.

Elia looked at the little girl with great empathy and said with a kindly smile: “WHAT IS YOUR NAME, SWEET CHILD?”

The child looked straight at her and said, “My name is Mariah, your magnificence.”

Magnificence? I like that. Elia smiled at the lovely title that she had been given and said with soft formality to the charming little girl: “MARIAH, EVERY SINGLE ENSLAVED PERSON ON THIS BOAT IS NOW FREE AND UNDER MY PROTECTION FOREVER. YOU WILL NEVER BE CHAINED AGAIN IN YOUR LIFE.”

The little girl began to cry and she sank her head to the ground and began to speak extremely fast: “Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you your magnificence.”

Elia rubbed her enormous finger over Mariah’s hair which calmed the little girl down and the Giantess spoke again: “I AM ALWAYS PROUD TO SERVE. OUT OF INTEREST MARIAH, YOU SPEAK MY LANGUAGE, HOW MANY TONGUES DO YOU SPEAK?”

The little girl smiled and said with a childish laugh: “Twenty eight, your magnificence.”

Twenty eight? Seven Hells! Elia was gobsmacked at the little girl’s boast, but could tell from her sweet face that she was telling the truth. A guard had come and smashed the chain that held the girl. Mariah was free and she began getting herself up but found great difficulty in that. Being chained on a rotten ship like a young lamb would do that to the muscles. Luckily a guard came and helped Mariah up. Elia looked at the girl as she got herself in a comfortable position and said, “MARIAH, COULD YOU DO ME THE HONOUR TO TELL THE REST OF THESE PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE SAFE AND WILL NEVER BE CHAINED AGAIN?” The little girl smiled and after she bowed appreciatively she began her quest, running towards the nearest freed slave as the guards began unchaining the slaves in a quick unceremonious manner.

Elia smiled and then turned her attention to the slavers. She looked over at the crew that was transporting the people and said in an official voice: “YOU ARE UNDER MY PROTECTION AS WELL. SLAVERY IS OUTLAWED IN WESTEROS, BUT I AM WILLING TO LET YOU ALL RETURN BACK TO YOUR HOMES SAFELY.”

The crew murmured, some were petrified, others were whispering curses. One was bold enough to inform the Giantess in a broken accent: “No offence, your greatness. We are thankful you saved us now. But when we get back for failing to get our cargo to our employer our throats will be cut.”

Elia looked straight at this man: “PEOPLE ARE NOT CARGO. I WILL MAKE SURE THAT NO HARM SHALL COME TO ANY OF YOU FROM YOUR EMPLOYERS.”

A sudden thought crossed Elia’s mind. I can end this. It was bold, it was impulsive, but Elia did not care. She quickly got up and walked back towards the Narrow Sea. She entered it and she walked very gingerly and very soon she arrived at Lys, one of the Free Cities that was notorious for condoning slavery and as she saw the stunned fishermen and various other people by its coast and she announced: “I KNOW AT LEAST A FEW OF YOU DOWN BELOW CAN UNDERSTAND MY TONGUE BUT I SERIOUSLY DOUBT YOU NEED ANY TRANSLATORS FOR WHAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY. I WILL NOT ACCEPT OR CONDONE SLAVERY. IT IS WRONG AND THE VILE PRACTICE MUST END. I SHALL VISIT ALL OF THE SLAVE CAPITALS OF THIS WORLD AND DEMAND AN END TO SLAVERY. I KNOW IT WILL BE A DIFFICULT JOB AND I HAVE PLENTY OF DIFFICULT JOBS STILL TO DO IN WESTEROS, THEREFORE I SHALL GIVE YOU ALL NINETY DAYS TO PREPARE FOR THE END OF SLAVERY. IN NINETY DAYS TIME SLAVERY MUST BE ABOLISHED AND ALTERNATIVE SYSTEMS BE IN PLACE.”

Everyone on the ground looked stunned and stared up at the gigantic Elia and was amazed as this nude colossus gave them such a demand, and all enslaved people of that city-state stared up at the Giantess in awe and in love that such an incredible and very beautiful being would care for them enough to demand their freedom. They too shouted and chanted: “Mysha!” “Mysha!” “Mysha!”

The Giantess looked at the surrounding country one last time and said with a great regal manner: “AND TO ALL THE SLAVE MASTERS, DO NOT TRY ANYTHING FOOLISH, AND DO NO HARM TO ANY SLAVE. I WILL BE BACK VERY SOON, AND I SHALL KNOW IF YOU DISOBEYED ME.” Elia nodded her head and turned straight back for Westeros.

 

Elia swiftly returned to Sunspear and saw everyone in the great castle staring back at her with awe and respect. Elia noticed Oberyn and Ellaria in their new-found sleeping clothes and they began to cheer her and within moments everyone, bar the slavers, began to cheer wildly for Elia. Elia smiled and began to blush and stood up proudly as her friends and loved ones give her a round of applause.

As the applause began to calm down, she knelt down towards the castle and she loomed over everything in the castle as she saw Rhaenys smile and cheer as loudly as anyone. Elia pulled her humongous lips together and softly kissed her daughter. The kiss briefly engulfed Rhaenys; afterwards both Rhaenys and Elia stared at one another, both perfectly at peace looking at the other and Elia simply said, “I LOVE YOU RHAENYS.”

Rhaenys replied back, “I love you too Mamma.”

Elia began thinking about the duties she needed to do today, King’s Landing’s repairs would take a fair amount of time and she did not want to cause any further distress to the poor people on the ground beside her. “RHAENYS DEAR, I AM GOING TO CONTINUE TO REPAIR KING’S LANDING. COULD YOU DO A SPECIAL DUTY BEFITTING A BRAVE YOUNG PRINCESS AND LOOK AFTER THESE FREED PEOPLE WHILST I AM WORKING IN THE CAPITAL?”

Rhaenys smiled and shouted, “Of course Mother.”

Elia kissed her daughter again and as she got up at her full height, she waved and said: “I WILL NOT BE TERRIBLY LONG.”

Rhaenys and the others cheered, and as Elia turned northwards she distinctively heard the former slaves chanting, “Mysha, Mysha, Mysha.” Elia smiled and resolved to sort out everything she needed too. By the time I am an old crone, injustice will become a thing of the past.

 

The great Giantess walked through the Kingdom’s with incredible ease and everyone on the ground was in awe at seeing the mountainous nude Giantess walking with clear purpose and drive and many men openly ogled at the Giantesses heavenly breasts. Elia very quickly reached the Westerlands’s. Out of courtesy Elia allowed Ser Jaime to spend time with his family, but with five vacancies in the Kingsguard, and with Ser Barristan Selmy still injured, Ser Jaime would be needed to fulfil his duties to his King by the time the Red Keep was restored. Elia walked by each castle, the thoughts of the past washed over her. Every single one of these lords tried to have me and mine killed. I will not mistreat them, but that does not mean I will love them. With icy courtesy Elia picked up the materials stockpiled outside of the various castle’s walls. No lordling was foolish enough to challenge Elia’s patience and every castle had a reasonable level of materials outside their walls, all guarded by stout knights and loyal guards to stop any pilfering.

Elia toured through the various castles and by the time she had reached Casterly Rock her hands were full. The famous home of the Lannister’s was ready as all three of Tywin Lannister’s children were on the castle walls. Lady Cersei bore a pout that favoured her cheekbones, Ser Jaime was wearing his white cloak but was wearing a golden sword and the little lord Tyrion Lannister was looking down on the ground, but some words of encouragement from Ser Jaime gave the lad courage to look up at the Giantess. Elia looked across at them and as she safely deposited their bounty on her hands she announced in a softer voice than she anticipated: “YOU HAVE DONE WELL. THIS WILL DO A LOT OF GOOD FOR THE PEOPLE OF KING’S LANDING.” Cersei merely rolled her eyes in annoyance. All Cersei cares about is herself. Elia ignored Cersei and looked at Ser Jaime and continued: “YOU MUST KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO SER ARTHUR, SER OSWELL AND SER GEROLD.” Ser Jaime merely nodded, words failed to escape his throat. “YOU AND SER BARRISTAN ARE THE LAST TWO LEFT OF YOUR ORDER. SER BARRISTAN SELMY SHALL BE THE LORD COMMANDER OF THE KINGSGUARD. YOUR KING WILL BE SAFE IN SUNSPEAR UNTIL THE RED KEEP IS REPAIRED. UNTIL SUCH TIME I SHALL ALLOW YOU TO STAY WITH YOUR FAMILY, BUT WHEN EVERYTHING IS COMPLETED, I FULLY EXPECT YOU TO FULFIL YOUR DUTIES TO YOUR KING.”

Ser Jaime nodded and whispered, “I swear Princess.” Elia accepted this oath and without ceremony she walked towards the capital with her newly acquired materials.

 

It was still morning when Elia arrived at King’s Landing and the Giantess smiled as her people cheered her arrival, particularly as they noticed the massive pile of materials that would be used to rebuild their city and their lives. Elia smiled but got focused on the tasks in front of her and for the next few hours the humongous Princess worked diligently in continuing her repairs. After sometime Elia began in the harbour and with a great effort by the start of the afternoon she was able to help repair the burnt out husk that was the harbour. Many labourers helped Elia with the finer details that a ten mile tall Giantess could not do, but the tasks that would take a city months to complete, took the mighty Princess Elia Martell mere hours in comparison.

Elia felt satisfied at how much better the harbour had looked already. Though she wanted to keep working until sunset, Elia wanted to catch up with her family and see how her guests were doing. Before Elia could stand up, the eunuch Varys appeared from the shadows by a bridge. Elia was impressed at the presence the spymaster had, even to her astronomical frame. Varys’ face was much softer than his secretive demeanour should suggest and he bent one knee to the ground and said with uncomfortable extravagance: “Bless you, Princess Elia. In all the years I have lived I have never seen such compassion from such a powerful person and not just for your own people too.”

Elia looked at the bald eunuch with instant distrust. What game is he trying to play? Elia impatiently replied: “WHAT IS YOUR POINT LORD VARYS?”

Varys smiled and a shrill giggle escaped his lips. “Ending slavery is brave and incredibly honourable, I was born a slave and I do know first-hand the horrors that being born into bondage does.”

Elia’s face did soften at listening to this fact. Elia was born a Princess and lived a sheltered life whilst being protected by her family’s outrageous wealth; she knew that nearly everyone else in the world was not as lucky as her and that many of them were not even seen as people, but as chattel. If there is one thing that this man is sincere about, it is ending slavery surely.

Elia knew that Varys could see that Elia looked more sympathetic to what he had to say so Varys softly continued: “I would very much like to help you, the system that enables slavery needs radical reform and frankly if I may say so Princess, that only an incredible being such as yourself can stop the deplorable trade, but I would have my uses.”

Elia squinted at the strange man in front of her, she knew Varys was baiting her like a fisherman would his prey, but she chose to follow Varys’ bait regardless and asked merely: “HOW?”

Varys smiled and elaborated further: “I have friends in the East, and my friends have many other friends. I have seen you deal with Robert Baratheon and Lyanna Targaryen, and you are genuinely interested in peace. I shall help you achieve this extraordinary vision in the peaceful manner that you so clearly desire.”

Elia looked at the eunuch; many people were openly in awe at this man’s powers of persuasion and knowledge, and Elia was no exception. The Giantess did not want to cause any misery to her own people. Enough had suffered for my husband, even to end slavery I cannot ask thousands more to spill their life blood for any cause of mine, especially if it is half a world away. If the great Slave Empires dared to defy her Elia knew that blood would be shed. Innocents as well as the enslaved would be the casualties, as it had in war for time immemorial. Or would it even need to be that way? Elia did not want to ever become a monster; she would have to think of another way of dealing with potential problems. Elia’s senses had grown to incredible proportions in a matter of days, what they would be like in ninety further days who could truly say? Elia quickly had a plan and she nodded respectably at Varys and said: “I SHALL ACCEPT YOUR HELP, ANY ARRANGEMENTS YOU NEED TO DO TO END SLAVERY I ACCEPT. BUT TELL YOUR FRIENDS THIS. I AM NOT A DRAGON. I SHALL NOT DESTROY WHOLE CITIES INDISCRIMINANTLY. I WOULD INSTEAD GO UP TO EACH SLAVE MASTER WHO DARES TO DEFY ME AND I SHALL DESTROY THEM INDIVIDUALLY UNTIL THE OTHER SLAVERS TAKE THE HINT. I WILL NOT SHED THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT, BUT I SHALL GLADLY DESTROY THE WICKED AND THE EVIL TO END INJUSTICE.”

Varys looked at the passionate Giantess solemnly and nodded a farewell and Princess Elia Martell felt satisfied that her plans would come to fruition. Elia looked over the landscape and saw the swarms of people in the capital, “I SHALL NOT BE TERRIBLY LONG MY GOOD SUBJECTS. I SHALL BE BACK WITHIN THE HOUR.” Elia took a gigantic stride out of the city and walked down south back to Dorne.

 

The walk back down to her beloved homeland was mercifully brief for the Giantess Elia Martell; she looked at the beautiful land and saw in the distance the lovely castle Sunspear with her even lovelier family inside. By the time Elia had arrived back at the castle, every single freed slave was safely inside the castle walls, but Elia could hear them talking in a myriad of tongues, the languages were numerous but the primary languages amongst the slaves was High Valyrian which Elia could make out maybe one word in five. It has been a long time ago since I was taught High Valyrian, and there has never been any need to use it before today. As the drawbridge opened some of the slaves rushed out, they were all washed and dressed and looked like they were no longer at death’s door. Elia smiled as she saw Rhaenys holding the same little girl’s hand. Elia also saw Oberyn and Ellaria playing with a gaggle of children who were following them at their heels. Oberyn spoke fluent High Valyrian and was clearly holding conversation with the children. Oberyn smiled, looked up and waved, even though Elia did not know too much Valyrian she could tell Oberyn was saying, “That Giant is my sister, amazing isn’t it?”

Elia blushed with pride as she surveyed the scenes around her. Elia knelt down and spied around the castle walls and saw the little girl Mariah conversing with Doran. They spoke amicably, but it was not a way an adult would talk to a little girl. Mariah despite being on a slave-ship, she appeared confident and highly articulate. Prince Doran politely excused himself, moved out of the way and began a conversation with a large man with skin so dark Elia was stunned speechless as she had never seen anything like it before until she realised what the skin actually was. That man has been burnt, horribly. Elia surmised that this fellow was a priest for the Fire God who was worshipped throughout the East. Elia looked at the man uneasily, especially as her ring glowed softly as she saw the man. He knows things. He is touched with the great magic.

As Elia was staring at this burnt out man he noticed her, and their eyes connected and this burnt man did not look away and asked: “A pleasure to make your acquaintance. May I have a few words?”

Elia was nervous at speaking to this man, but refused to show any weakness or prejudice so she merely called out: “OF COURSE.”

The burnt man moved closer and said: “We are all so happy and thankful for what you have done for us, your magnificence.” Elia smiled nervously at the compliment but the man continued, “We are also thankful that you will end slavery, but after then what will you do?”

Elia looked confused and blurted out: “WHAT DO YOU MEAN?”

The man looked at the Giantess with good natured patience, like a tutor with a pupil who is struggling with a concept. He smiled and said, “Once you end slavery. What happens to the Masters?”

Elia had not thought that far ahead, the powerful man looked on patiently as Elia said, “WELL, THOSE WHO REPENT AND ALLOW THEIR SLAVES FREEDOM WILL BE ALLOWED TO LIVE. THOSE WHO DO NOT ALLOW THEIR SLAVES THEIR FREEDOM WILL NOT.”

The burnt man looked slightly annoyed, “The slaves will still be enslaved. The Masters will just call it something else. You know this.”

Elia looked at the great burnt out figure and felt a strange presence from just his dark black eyes. Elia looked at the man and softly asked: “WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE ME DO?”

The man softly smiled and said in a voice that was barely a whisper, “Be who you were born to be. You are great, you are powerful. You can change everything.” The great burnt man paused; Elia looked surprised but the burnt man merely smirked as he was looking up at the Giantess and with a great boom he merely called out: “It is the will of the Lord of Light that you protect all of this world’s children from the great Other’s clutches.”

Elia was stunned silent; everyone had noticed the Giantess’ face drop into a confused sadness. Rhaenys ran up to her mother, with this small mute child seemingly tied to Rhaenys’ hand following along, and Elia’s precious daughter hugged her mother’s bottom lip and give her a small kiss, “It is okay mother, and everything is going to be fine.”

Elia smiled at her daughter’s reassurances but the great burnt out man looked on and stared at the Giantess, calling out: “You know what needs to be done.”

Prince Oberyn with some haste went up to the burnt man and shouted at him, “How dare you presume to tell my sister anything! My sister is the one who saved you today; my sister is the one in control of the situation, not some fire god. Leave your faith out of this.”

The burnt man was clearly humouring Oberyn as he gave a mocking smile which only infuriated Oberyn further. Ellaria caught up with them and was pleading for her lover to calm him down: “Oberyn don’t allow this man to provoke you. There is no need.” Ellaria moved her gaze from Oberyn to the burnt man and she calmly said: “I know of your faith and I know what you would do to those that have wronged you. It is evident for all to see that you have done it to yourself to prove your own faith. If King Aerys were still alive mayhaps your words would have fallen onto sympathetic ears. However, Elia is a kind sweet woman who values love and peace above all else. Elia had saved me and my family from the flames. Elia absorbs flames and does not use it to burn others. Elia will never tolerate any cruelty and she would never harm anyone to satisfy any disturbing tastes particularly claiming it is to serve a God and not a man’s own selfish desire for vengeance.”

Elia smiled proudly at Ellaria’s bold words. Ellaria has not got a cruel bone in her body and cannot even be cowed by the likes of him. Meanwhile the burnt man’s condescending smile curdled and he frowned as he angrily walked up over to Ellaria, as he did he towered over Ellaria who did not falter to the gaze and the man said with barely repressed anger: “I suggest you know your place and not comment on things that you clearly do not understand woman.”

Oberyn was about to square up with the burnt man but before things got out of control the Giantess boomed out: “ENOUGH! I HAVE GIVEN THE MASTERS MY WORD AND I SHALL GIVE THEM TIME TO END SLAVERY PEACEFULLY. I WILL GIVE THEM ALL THE BENEFIT OF ASSUMING THEY WILL HEED MY CALL. WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARDS IS A BRIDGE THAT I SHALL CROSS THEN.” The burnt man looked on with a murmur’s show of passiveness but his eyes betrayed him. The eyes were so dark that Elia felt like she was being sucked into them. Elia faltered slightly but she quickly regained her composure and continued: “YOU ARE RIGHT, I NEED TO PROTECT EVERYONE AND THAT IS WHAT I AM DOING. BUT IT WILL BE ON MY OWN TERMS.” Elia looked over at her court at Sunspear. The former slaves largely looked on at the Giantess with deference, and saw her family giving soft looks of encouragement with Rhaenys giving a kindly smile.

Elia looked across the Narrow Sea and spied Dragonstone close by. She remembered the visions she saw, and remembered seeing a hard cold man thinking about the future. I glimpsed Aegon the Conqueror, I am sure it was him. Elia wanted to see if the past could give her a clue on how to proceed with the present and the future. With a look of determination she looked down towards everyone and announced: “I HAVE ERRANDS I NEED TO DO. WE SHALL CONTINUE THIS MATTER LATER.”

Elia looked at her daughter and she gave her a quick tender kiss, and Elia smiled at seeing Rhaenys reactions as the little girl holding Rhaenys’ hand. Elia stood back up at her great height and gave a soft wave and walked out to the coast to Dragonstone.

Elia felt determined and wanted to see if she could control the visions she saw when she arrived at Dragonstone the day before. It was a very short walk and within moments she was standing right next to the haunted grim castle staring out to the sea like a threat of evil. Elia felt the spirit of the ring flow strongly through her veins and a great variety of colours glowed greatly and a bombardment of images rushed through her head.

Dragons. Fire. Burning soldiers. Elia Martell saw men with banners of long extinct houses, fighting a lost cause as Dragons flew in the air and burnt them all down to the ground. The sound of agonising screaming shook Elia to the bone, she tried to push those horrible thoughts away but they intensified. The smell of burnt skin turned Elia’s stomach and Elia wanted no part of this horror. Let this end.

Elia was close to walking away until she heard voices. We must go back East. The so called ‘Free Cities’ are an insult to your family, you are the Last Dragon and your people need you.

Elia could make out a man who looked remarkably like Robert Baratheon talking to a handsome but cold looking man with pure silvery hair on a giant table made to resemble Westeros. From a distance Elia thought it was somehow Robert Baratheon conversing with Rhaegar Targaryen but Elia knew that Robert would never call Rhaegar the “Last Dragon.” Except if….Elia could not think like that. She had a Kingdom to run in her young babe Aegon’s name and Elia did not wish to think further about the Sack of Kings Landing. This was long before Robert, Rhaegar or even I existed. This was long before the time of my Grandmothers’ Grandmother; the time when the Seven Kingdoms were truly Seven Kingdoms. This is Aegon the Conqueror and Orys Baratheon. The seed is strong indeed.

The Targaryen looked at his friend with a scowl and barked out: My people are dead; they have been dead long before I was born, long before my Father was born in fact. The Freehold is gone and I have no interest in playing a mummer’s farce and pretending the Freehold actually lives.

Elia watched as Orys asked: What shall we do then? We have all the Dragons still in this world, are we really expected to live on this blighted rock forever?

Aegon smirked and looked back at the great blustering man that stood before him. Don’t you see Orys, the East is dead but we have the great wealthy Westeros a stone’s throw away. I shall not be a pretender following the ghosts back to Valyria. Why just have a look at this table. Do you see Seven Kingdoms? No I see one. Fire and Blood, Orys. The Dragons shall rise again, but they shall rise West instead of East.

The voice drifted further and further away until Elia heard a soft woman’s voice. “Elia!”

Elia heard the familiar motherly tone of the Dowager Queen Rhaella Targaryen shouting up towards her. Elia blinked and she had suddenly returned back to the present. Elia saw the very pregnant Rhaella Targaryen staring up towards her. Elia felt flustered and embarrassed at how engrossing the visions have been for her. Rhaella looked a lot kinder than she had yesterday and she softly motioned with her fingers for Elia to come closer which she duly did. As Elia’s face loomed over her Rhaella began to speak: “Elia, I am very sorry for my behaviour yesterday. I cannot lie it has been hard. I miss Rhaegar with all of my heart. I have seen almost all of my children die but that was in the cradle. Seeing my boy grow so big, so strong, and actually become a man…”

Rhaella’s eyes began to water and she became choked up. Elia got one of her gigantic fingers and she bent down and tenderly stroked Rhaella’s face. Rhaella looked up and smiled and after some time she composed herself and continued onwards: “I know you and Rhaegar had your problems, but it warms my heart that my grandchildren are alive and well. I know you have done incredible things already but I sense there is something else…It is twice you have visited me since you have acquired your new size, and twice you have arrived staring into your own world. Do you want to talk about it?”

Rhaella’s calm plea brought a small smile on Elia’s lips and she calmly said: “OF COURSE, I AM VERY SORRY AS WELL FOR YESTERDAY. WOULD YOU DO ME THE HONOUR OF WALKING ONTO MY HAND AS WE SPEAK?”

Elia moved her face away from the battlements and put her palm in place. Rhaella looked apprehensive but with a great dignity she walked to the edge of the castle battlements and walked directly into Elia’s expectant hand, but not before young Prince Viserys ran out onto the battlement’s squealing, “Wait for me!” Elia smiled and Rhaella held her own hand up and both mother and son joined hands onto Elia’s massive palm.

Elia was very careful and she slowly moved her hand and watched as Viserys was laughing with joy as he was being raised thousands and thousands of feet into the air, Rhaella was less excitable but she clearly had a look of awe and wonderment on her face. Elia put her hand extremely close to her face and could tell that both Rhaella and Viserys marvelled at seeing Elia’s ginormous face at such a close range. Elia laughed as she heard the young Prince say, “Wow, this is amazing, I can see everything up here!”

Viserys was admiring the view and smiled as he laid eyes on the Giantess. Rhaella looked almost child-like herself as she bore a small grin as she watched her son’s enthusiasm, but then she looked at her Giantess daughter-in-law, and wanted to help her. Rhaella looked at her son and said, “I need to talk with Princess Elia alone sweetling, you can play on her hand soon.”

Viserys pouted but Elia took Rhaella’s hint and looked straight at the excitable young prince and promised: “DO NOT WORRY, I WILL LET YOU PLAY WITH THE CLOUDS LATER VISERYS.”

Viserys smiled and as Elia put her palm down onto the castle grounds, Viserys was a good lad and got off Elia’s gigantic hand without a fuss. Elia quickly resumed her position and she watched her miniscule Mother-in-law’s face. Elia had missed Rhaella and wanted to build a strong relationship with her. Rhaella gave a comforting smile to Elia’s concerned face and asked: “I have seen you stare at the castle dumbstruck twice now. What do you actually see when you arrive here?” Elia looked nervously at the Dowager Queen but Rhaella softly continued: “I have seen you stare off into Seven knows where whenever you have arrived here, so what do you actually see?”

Elia looked cold as she mumbled out: “DRAGONS…”

Rhaella looked confused but Elia continued onwards: “I SEE THE PAST, I SEE THE CONQUEROR SETTING LOOSE HIS DRAGONS ONTO THE REALM.” Elia could see Rhaella’s look of concern, it was not a look of doubt but a look of empathy. A Giantess is telling her this, I suppose after seeing me like this you can believe anything. Besides the Targaryen’s motto was not Fire and Blood without cause. Rhaella watched the Giantess patiently and Elia continued: “I AM TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THE POWERS I NOW HAVE. IT IS NOT JUST HAVING THE POWER TO GROW MILES TALL. I HAVE SEEN….THINGS. THINGS I DO NOT CARE TO EVER SEE AGAIN.” Rhaella smiled softly at Elia and waited patiently, Elia could tell that Rhaella knew where the conversation was going so Elia asked straight out: “I HAVE MADE BOLD PLANS, YOU HAVE SEEN WHAT I HAVE DONE TODAY. AND I INTEND TO MAKE EVEN MORE BOLD PLANS SOON. BUT I HAVE TRIED TO SEE IF THE PAST COULD HELP ME.” Rhaella looked solemn but not unkind, Elia continued: “I DO NOT KNOW IF WHAT I SAW IS USEFUL.” The fire and the smell of burnt flesh returned to Elia’s mind. “I CERTAINLY HOPE IT ISN’T. BUT WHAT SHOULD I DO?”

The Dowager Queen gave the Giantess a beaming smile, Elia was quite touched by how sincere Rhaella’s smile was. Rhaella looked up at her son’s otherworldly huge wife and said softly: “Aerys never asked my advice ever in the twenty four years we were married, I have never ruled but I am not entirely ignorant of ruling. I did not want Viserys to hear, he is still very young, but Aerys was a dreadful King. I know that is not a surprise to you, you know how he handled Lord Rickard Stark and his heir. If Aerys swallowed his pride and actually accepted that his counsel actually wanted to help him, Aerys and Lord Tywin would both still be alive.” Rhaella looked wistful but before Elia could comment Rhaella continued: “Not that I miss Lord Tywin either, but he and Aerys were very good friends once and it all looked so promising when Aerys was first crowned.” Rhaella looked down on the ground, but quickly found the will to look at Elia once more and said. “Nonetheless the past is dust. I do know from my husband’s example that bitterness and mistrust is not the road to walk down. You want to end slavery? Well and good, look at the size of you, no sane man would ever dare defy a great benevolent power like you.” Elia smiled at the compliment but Rhaella looked philosophical and continued solemnly: “Forget the Gods; you have powers that nobody in this world has ever possessed. You have done great good and I know you plan to do a lot more. Be who you wish to be. You are a good person Elia and I know that you will do what is best for everyone. I have every faith in you.”

Elia beamed after hearing Rhaella’s talk. Elia did not know what the future had in store for her or for anyone else, but she felt very confident that everything will turn out fine. Elia smiled down at Rhaella and gently gave her a very small kiss, which Rhaella accepted gracefully. Rhaella looked at the sweet Giantess and said: “I am glad you are feeling better, but may I ask something?”

Elia smiled and said: “ANYTHING.”

Rhaella looked uncomfortable and said sheepishly, “I know what I said yesterday, and well…I had my own loves before I was married, I know enough about desire.” Elia smiled at Rhaella and Rhaella took that as acceptance and carried on: “I do grieve for Rhaegar. He was my dear son, he was both my pride and joy of my life and I will never stop grieving for him either. But I need to look forward to the future and be with those still living. If it is not too much to ask, could Viserys and I stay at Sunspear until the Red Keep is repaired?”

Yes. Elia smiled warmly at her Mother-in-law’s request and beamed out: “OF COURSE, I REALLY WANT YOU TOO AND RHAENYS WILL LOVE HAVING HER GRANDMOTHER AND HER UNCLE WITH HER. DO YOU WANT TO GO RIGHT NOW? I CAN GET ALL OF YOUR THINGS WHENEVER YOU NEED IT.”

Rhaella just laughed heartily at that. Elia’s words clearly tickled her fancy and Elia was amused at how hard Rhaella was laughing. Eventually the Dowager Queen calmed herself down and she said: “Of course you could get all of my belongings later, you got the power to do anything. You could pick up all of Dragonstone if you truly wanted too.”

Elia smiled at the thought of her picking up an entire island. A couple of days ago she even reached an astonishing seventy miles tall and she genuinely believed that there were no limits to her power. No need to try anything like that just yet though. Elia knelt back down and put her hand by the island fortress and she called out: “WELL I WILL NOT DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT TODAY AT LEAST. COME ON VISERYS, DO YOU WANT TO GO UP INTO THE SKY AND PLAY WITH THE CLOUDS?”

Viserys ran back onto the Castle battlements and very quickly reached and got onto Elia’s ginormous hand. Elia stood back up and deliberately walked near an errant cloud, she put her hand right next to it and Viserys immediately put his hand next to it, and gazed at it with childish wonder. Viserys then clearly beckoned his mother to do likewise. Elia laughed at Rhaella’s playful smile and she put her hand through the cloud and Rhaella looked stunned as it her hand actually went through the cloud. Elia was at peace as she watched her passengers be in awe at such a simple thing as playing with clouds. She looked at them and they looked straight at Rhaella and with an unspoken understanding Elia walked back to Sunspear.

 

Elia quickly reached Sunspear and the drawbridge was already open as all of the Martell’s were already waiting outside the castle. Elia mindful of Rhaella’s late stages of her pregnancy put extra care in putting her hand safely on the ground. Elia saw all of the newfound freed former slaves watching on in deference and silent awe. Elia saw Rhaenys talking to Mariah and the younger girl Rhaenys comforted earlier. As Elia arrived Mariah touched Rhaenys shoulder and held the other girls’ hand tightly and seemingly on cue Princess Rhaenys quickly ran up to her Grandmother and gave her a big hug, in which Prince Viserys quickly joined suit. All three looking at peace with one another. Doran, Mellario and even little Arianne had put on their regal faces and looked like dignified leaders as they offered the grateful Dowager Queen and her young son their welcome, but Elia was slightly disturbed at Oberyn’s scowl and Ellaria’s angered embarrassment as Rhaella began walking towards the castle. They know what was said yesterday. Their feelings will pass. Nonetheless the Giantess without saying a word gave her lovers a pleading look and they looked slightly more welcoming to their new guests. Oberyn and Ellaria gave Rhaella a small bow and Elia could see that Rhaella knew that Oberyn and Ellaria knew what she had said to Elia the day before.

With the look of someone used to tolerating the flaws of others Rhaella courteously said to Oberyn: “I am so sorry for your loss. Prince Lewyn was a truly honourable man and I am truly thankful for his years of selfless service.”

Oberyn held Ellaria’s hands tightly. Oberyn looked at the Dowager Queen and though it was a probing look, there was not any suspicion in his face. Oberyn took a deep breath and calmly said: “Thank you your grace.”

Oberyn took another deep breath as he looked up at Elia. Elia smiled as the Red Viper seemed to disappear and sweet brave kind-hearted Oberyn returned to the scene. Rhaella was about to walk into the castle proper but then Oberyn called out to the Dowager Queen: “I know you do not believe it, but I wish Rhaegar was alive. I wish Rhaegar was alive to see the wonderful life and magical Goddess of a wife he left behind.”

Rhaella’s small smile curdled at that and Viserys was holding his mother’s hand very tightly with barely repressed anger. Elia saw Rhaenys take a deep breath as her father’s name was mentioned and she was the first one to break the silence: “I wish Father could see Mamma as a Giant too. I bet he would have loved riding on Mamma’s massive hand.”

Rhaenys began to smile and even Elia softly chuckled as she imagined a family outing of Rhaenys, Aegon and Rhaegar riding on Elia’s hand. The Royal Family visiting all of the Seven Kingdoms seemingly in a matter of moments. That would have been nice. But then again would I have been with Oberyn or Ellaria if I grew whilst Rhaegar was alive? Would Rhaegar have deviated from his secret plan of denying Aegon? I cannot lie to myself; I know I would have given Rhaegar a chance to make things work again, if only for the sake of the children. Elia knew Rhaegar was beloved by the people even now and she knew Rhaegar as King and herself as the Giantess protector could have worked. I would have liked to think Rhaegar would eventually have been fine with me like this. He never truly struck me as being as cruel or jealous as his father. Me at this size would have been Rhaegar’s third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh Dragon combined. Alas the past is dust, Rhaegar made his choice and it is better not to dwell on paths not taken.

Elia’s thoughts seemed to speed by as Rhaenys was excitably talking to her grandmother: “This way Grandmother, I can show you my quarters and then…” Rhaella was thankful for the distraction and she allowed herself to be gently led by her granddaughter. Oberyn and Ellaria saw the Dowager Queen walk past and they stared sullenly at Rhaegar’s mother. There are problems here but they will be sorted out. They must know I will always look after Rhaenys’ and Aegon’s Grandmother and Uncle. And Rhaella knows that Rhaegar’s children will be safe and loved, even his babe with Princess Lyanna. Elia nodded to herself. Lyanna and Rhaella will bond. Their babes will probably grow very close with one another. Elia could imagine Robert Baratheon’s response to all that. Robert may mock, insult and sneer at Rhaella, but Rhaella knows enough about all that, and she could handle Lord Robert for her breakfast. However even Elia knew she could not be everywhere at once and Robert may attempt to avenge himself against Rhaegar further by harming Rhaegar’s blood. If Robert dares tries anything foolish with any Targaryen then he will learn that mine is the fury, not him.

Rhaella and Viserys were walking into the castle with their fine hosts attending their every need as Rhaenys was walking proudly with them. Elia smiled at Rhaenys’ enthusiasm and her dark thoughts faded. Elia moved her looming face close to the ground and she called out: “I SHALL BE BACK LATER TONIGHT; I GOT WORK TO DO IN THE CAPITAL. RHAENYS I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR CATCH UP WITH GRANDMOTHER AND VISERYS. AND I HOPE YOU TELL THEM WHAT A SPECIAL LITTLE PRINCESS YOU HAVE BEEN WITH THE SHIPWRECKED FREED MEN AND WOMEN.”

Rhaenys smiled and waved to her gigantic mother happily, to which the Giantess reciprocated. As they got themselves into the castle proper all of the freed ex-slaves became visible on the scene, all standing awkwardly with the pain of standing up greatly evident except for the one burnt man, who dominated her line of vision. The man’s eyes were seemingly hypnotic and stared right into Elia’s massive eyes. The man did not say anything but Elia knew what he would have her do. Burn them all. Aerys would love this one. I do not want or need to do any of that. I will rule with an open hand, not by a stomp from my feet. Elia looked at the man boldly and she turn looked up and talked seemingly to everyone and no one in particular and the Giantess announced: “VIOLENCE FOR THE SAKE OF VIOLENCE ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING. I WILL GIVE THE MASTERS THE TIME I SET OUT TO FREE THEIR SLAVES. BUT IF THE MASTERS DARE DEFY ME…I have to say it. I WILL DEAL WITH THEM INDIVIDUALLY, BUT I CERTAINLY WILL NOT CRUSH CITIES TO THE GROUND. I DO NOT SERVE THE LORD OF LIGHT; I SERVE NOT JUST MY SON’S REALM BUT THE ENTIRITY OF THE WORLD. I SERVE THE RIGHTEOUS AND THE INNOCENT. I SERVE THE DOWNTRODDEN AND THE ABUSED. I WILL END SLAVERY ON ALL CORNERS OF THE WORLD. I WILL ALSO MAKE REFORMS TO ENSURE THE NEWFOUND FREED MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN ARE NOT ABUSED. BUT EVERYTHING WILL BE ON MY TERMS AND I WILL NEVER MASSACRE THE INNOCENT TO GET THE PEACE. THE PEACE WILL BE FOR ALL.”

There were cheers but it was not all-encompassing. Many slaves looked away slightly embarrassed and embittered. Who can blame them? They were slaves but I will not kill millions of people for their sake. The little burnt figure looked away in displeasure but Elia noticed that Oberyn was looking straight at her with an approving look and he gave a devilish smile and a respectful bow. As Elia turned back towards the capital she beamed with happiness as she heard Oberyn say with great relish in his voice to Ellaria: “That is why she is Unbowed, Unbent and Unbroken.”