- Text Size +

Above him the ceiling slid away until everything around him was brightly lit and revealed to him. The floor was like one massive brown hill that extended very far in all directions. As far as he could see there were more and more of these hills deeply allocated within large holes in the ground. Separating each hill were several red walls that snaked all around him. From what he could tell, he had been put into a box of chocolates.

He had just been out with Phoebe and her friend but now he was here, almost as if by magic. From what he could recall they had been together out getting salad. He traced his day back through his mind.

She had woke him up at what felt like only a few hours ago, very late into the afternoon. It was her idea to go out on a date for Valentine's but it was his idea to bring her friend along, against her wishes. He had his eyes on her for a long time now and was hoping to make the switch as soon as he possibly could. Now seemed as good a time as any.

Like he always did, he immediately started fucking around with Phoebe as soon as Ariana showed up, maybe to seem like a funnier guy to her and maybe start something. She wasn't very receptive at all, but today after he finished yelling at Phoebe for texting while they were on a date, he felt pretty confident in himself. Whenever he stood up to go to the restroom his hopes were finally realized as Ariana smiled and told Phoebe that she had to excuse herself as well. Walking to the restroom felt like a final victory lap.

And what a surprise when he had finished using the restroom that Ariana came behind him while he washed his hands and put her hands over his eyes. "Guess who," she said. He didn't even bother to speak, he turned around and pulled her in for a kiss, bending down to reach her lips. As they both closed their eyes he felt a jolt in his hip, like a sudden cramp, and then he was on the floor and unconscious.

He faked being asleep to avoid any trouble, but he still saw where Ariana put him. She slid him into an opened, heart shaped box of chocolates, right in the center piece. Once it was closed he made sure to not slide off the chocolate so he wouldn't get crushed down in the crevice between it and the wall.

It was sickening to be sliding around and shaken repeatedly as Ariana went back to her seat, but he was able to dig his hands into the chocolate deeply enough to stay put. He would be able to run off the most easily if he kept the high ground anyway.

Ariana had walked back to her seat and discreetly slipped the chocolate into Phoebe's purse, by her side on the floor. Then she took a seat and waited.

"Huh, Otto's taking his time, isn't he...?," Ariana asked to Phoebe. She looked in the direction of the restroom and nodded. "Maybe you should call him or something, if he's taking so long."

Phoebe looked to her lap and then back to Ariana, "What if he walks out while I'm using my phone? He might get mad again, I don't wanna ruin our date any more than I already did."

Ariana replied, "I'll back you up if he blows up again, just call him. I bet he'll be happy to see that you care enough to check on him." Phoebe looked away then back toward the restroom. Finally, she sighed and gave in.

She took her purse from the ground to get her phone out when she saw the box of chocolate laying at the top of everything. "Oh, geez, who put this here?," she asked, then she laughed nervously. Ariana oohed and nudged her on. Flipping the box over, Phoebe found a tag attached. 'From: Your amazing boyfriend; To: The best girlfriend someone could ask for.' It even looked like his handwriting.

"This wasn't even in there a second ago! What the hell, how did I not see him put it there? I've been trying to pay attention to him more."

"I didn't see either, that's pretty weird!," Ariana laughed, "Maybe you should save it for later?"

"No, I think he'll be happier if he sees me eating the chocolate when he comes out. Oh, yeah, I was supposed to call him, right?," Phoebe reached back into her purse to take out her phone then rang Otto. He took his phone from his pocket to answer and tell her what was up.

"Oh, what the hell?," he yelled when he saw that his phone was all black. It wouldn't even respond when he tried to turn it back on. Totally bricked.

That was about the time that he noticed his mistake by sticking to the same place. The chocolate had melted below him and he was partially submerged into a crater he formed. At the moment it was barely anything, so he figured he could stand back up and move. His clothes being dirty wasn't his biggest concern at the moment. But as he came to his feet, the thin bit of chocolate left collapsed and he fell deeper into the puddle, now almost in the interior of the chocolate itself.

He wasn't going to be moving unless he tried like hell. Phoebe wasn't touching the chocolates yet, but she would soon. Maybe this works like quicksand..., he thought to himself.

Sitting still to float to the top didn't work, he actually felt like he was sinking further. After a minute of that bullshit he was finally set into actual action when Phoebe's hand came over the chocolate.

Her slender fingers, tanned caramel, wriggled around as she was picking which one to take first. At one moment they came so close that he could see his reflection off her pink enameled fingernails but finally they moved away and he was safe again. The box creaked slightly as she pulled one chocolate out from behind him and took it to her mouth. She didn't take a bite of it just yet.

For a moment he had been entranced, but as she came to a pause he realized the urgency of his situation. Staying still wasn't going to work, his best bet was moving to the nearest solid chocolate and pulling himself out. The longer he stayed in one place, the more that the chocolate near him would melt from his body heat.

The candy had seemed to partially envelop his feet, but he was able to free himself of it after losing a shoe in the struggle. There was no way to swim through the mess, he simply hobbled along the candy until he reached the edge and then started to pull himself up. The chocolate was still melting between his fingertips as he tightened his grip on it, constantly collapsing under him and moving the ledge further and further away. He had to focus.

When he finally managed to get enough of a hold to pull himself out quickly enough, Phoebe finally took the piece to her mouth and bit into it. A string of liquid chocolate spread out from it as she pulled it away from her face. It lightly drizzled down her brown lips, her tongue came from her mouth to lick it off and then she pushed the rest of the chocolate into her mouth, licking the melted bits off of her finger tips.

But none of that mattered to him, he was already running along the top of the chocolate to get out of the box. It was already hard to run with one shoe, but the chocolate covering him left him stumbling about until he finally came to the small gap between chocolate and wall, small enough to jump. Landing on the wall, he slid slightly and flew off the wall into the piece south of him. He was getting closer to the edge of the box.

It would be smartest to run along the walls, but the prospect of jumping again and sliding back into the other piece didn't interest him. Running enough would eventually pull the chocolate from at least his feet so he could jump better. Coming to a stand still, he pulled off his shoe and started to run again.

Phoebe swallowed and returned to the box of chocolates. Above him he tried to listen in on her conversation with Ariana. Phoebe sounded like she was telling Ariana about their fight this morning. What the fuck?, he thought. Why would you talk about that shit in a public place?

The listening had slowed down his progress. He was only a fourth of the way across the current piece when Phoebe's hand flew by again, moving erratically to select the next piece. As her hand flew closely to his piece, he fell to the ground from the air displaced by her movement. Watching her hand soar over him felt almost like slow motion, like watching a plane fly directly overhead. The sound of her hand moving was almost as loud.

She didn't pick his piece, she picked the one directly next to him. Her fingers pushing the plastic wall around to grab at it left the entire floor shaking so strongly that he had to have tripped five or six times just standing up. Good thing all of this shaking seemed to be doing a good job of getting the chocolate off of him.

Another piece into her mouth, this time in a single bite. Now he was running directly toward her, at the bottom edge of the box. He was able to watch as she slowly chewed and then brought the piece down into her mouth, the lump running down the length of her neck. Ariana was probably thinking that he was going to be a part of one of these pieces, didn't she?

He cleared another piece and Phoebe selected another as well, this time the center piece that Otto had been on. If Ariana had thought that Otto was still asleep, then she would have been thinking that he was finally done for. Or maybe she knew he was moving, or even worse, she might be watching him right now. He couldn't tell how small he was, it had to have been barely bigger than a grain of sand, or maybe about the same size.

The lack of chocolate on his feet meant he could come onto the wall and run along it more safely. It seemed like he didn't have to worry about getting eaten anymore.

That relief didn't last long. As the pieces narrowed down, the range of Phoebe's hand became smaller and smaller. Eventually it seemed like her hand was above him at all times. Wasn't she supposed to be eating them so he could see her doing it? And why didn't she get up and look for him either? Whatever, he thought.

All of this thinking left him distracted enough to not even try to dodge Phoebe's hand as it flew over him again, sending him rocketing into a crevice between a piece of chocolate and the wall. He slid down further and further until the two met and he was wedged tightly enough to not even be able to move.

"Jesus fucking christ!," he yelled up to the sky. The most he could move were his hands. He was thinking that he could dig into the chocolate and climb back up, but the more he moved the more he realized that he was wedged between the piece and wall even more tightly than he could imagine.

Phoebe's hand occasionally shadowed the light above him, like an eclipse. Staying stationary like this left him unable to avoid melting the chocolate around him, and soon he was completely stuck and nearly submerged in chocolate. He felt the wall of candy past the chocolate, something also liquid, but more solid. Caramel?

Pulling away and out wasn't working, even though the melting of the chocolate had given him more breathing space. As his face began to lower further and further into the chocolate he started to shout out Phoebe and Ariana's names and flail around desperately. All of the prayer ended up saving him.

His piece was finally lifted from the box. Again he was subjected to the motion sickness of a giant person pulling you around. When he was totally still again he wasn't in the right direction to see Phoebe, but he could feel her breathing around him, coating him in a deep scent of candy.

Whenever he felt he had just made amends with God and was ready to die, Phoebe took a bite. The first bite wasn't enough to reach him completely, but it was so close that he could feel one of her teeth through the chocolate, mixing the saliva with the melted mess around him enough to save his life.

The melted chocolate had been freed of the solid walls around it and began to slide off of the piece. It came down in a drop and then completely disconnected, falling all the way down to the table. The impact was incredible, but it seemed like the chocolate around Otto kept him safe enough to not completely die, at least not any more than he felt like he already had.

He could finally watch as Phoebe shoved the rest of the piece into her mouth. It seemed like he was saved. The chocolate gave away around him as he stood to his feet again. When he turned he could see the grinning mug of Ariana. What a bitch...

Just as he started to emerge from the chocolate, his escape was ruined. "Whoops," Phoebe said, as she ran her finger along the table to collect the drop of chocolate onto her finger, bringing him along with it. The warmth of her finger behind his back was almost like a wake up call of sorts. Above him Phoebe's face grew closer and closer.

Her finger raised him higher, past her midriff to her breasts, then he was shadowed by the locks of Phoebe's hair, dyed pink and slightly frizzled. When he reached her lips he stared in horror as her tongue slithered out between her two lips. The mixture of chocolate and saliva coated it, some of it slowly running down along the length of her tongue as if it would drip off, but Phoebe was fast enough. She pressed her finger onto her tongue and quickly licked the small drop of chocolate off and brought it into her mouth.

Otto had been run along the wet muscle under him so that he could feel the bumps along it and then he was stuck and pulled back into darkness. Phoebe ran her tongue along her hard palette, collecting the remainder of the chocolate into her mouth toward the center where he was completely submerged and surrounded by the wet warmth until he was pressed higher and higher. The chocolate all moved back onto her soft palette until it was totally collected and pooled at the entrance to her esophagus.

With a resounding gulp, everything drained deeper as Phoebe's epiglottis pulled away. Otto was sucked into the tube of her throat until he was once again totally stationary and tightly contained.

The esophagus ensured the transfer of Phoebe's chocolate through peristalsis, pulling Otto deeper and deeper down. He pushed all around him, holding his breath to keep the disgusting shit all around him out of his mouth and especially his lungs. Eventually the fleshy walls opened up further and further, and then he was pushed against a hard valve that suddenly retracted and emptied everything into the sack of Phoebe's stomach.

Otto screamed as he fell onto one of the walls and then slid down further and further into the deepest section of the stomach. As he came off of the wall he was sent flying through the air, and then he made impact with the liquid of Phoebe's stomach; some mixture of bile, water and all of the melted and masticated chocolate that she had been eating.

The mixture was even worse than the melted chocolate he had been stuck in earlier, now it was like a thick stew that enveloped him and pulled him deeper and deeper in with no possibility of swimming to the surface. He wasn't fast enough to close his eyes and he felt the incredible sensation of them burning. To scream he opened his mouth but that only let in more of the liquid. Inhaling sent him into a frenzy, until he finally sunk to the bottom of the pit.

He struggled to escape the liquid in any way, until he finally pulled apart the wall and slid into a wrinkle. Immediately he was able to vomit into the fleshy cave and then scream for the moment before even the cave collapsed and his mouth was full of the slick muscle and he totally fell silent.

Above him he listened to the sound of more and more chocolate splashing into the stomach, sinking down until it layered over the walls and he was unable to escape under its weight. He finally begged for his life to God and tried to rebuke every time that he had hit Phoebe or screamed at her, but nothing came to him.

The walls undulated around him and contorted his body until he felt like he was about to snap. With no air, soon his inhalations only brought mucus from the membrane around him and he was unable to even move as all consciousness escaped him. Before he completely expired he felt tears pooling around his face as he thought to himself how sorry he was, and how he would act if he could do everything all over again.

Finally, underneath the blorps of the stomach's movement and the pulsating heart beat above him, there was one massive bubbling and then the walls broke him completely, totally ending his life. Slowly, bits of stomach acid slipped into his cave until he was totally submerged, then broken down into a soup like the rest of what Phoebe had eaten that day.

When everything was one homogeneous stew, it all drained into her intestines where everything was absorbed, including the fraction of a calorie that Otto provided.

Above all of this, Phoebe lightly burped and took a drink of her water to wash down the taste of chocolate in her mouth. "Wow... maybe I got carried away eating all of this. We need to look for Otto already."

Ariana lightly frowned, faking concern for her friend. "You're right, let's get some help and check out the bathroom. I hope he's okay."