- Text Size +

"Looks like you weren't the only one effected by the energy blast." Miranda said. She bent down and sent me down.

"Of course, the Cheerleader is the only one that didn't shrink!" Jack yelled.

"What's going on Shepard?" Tali asked.

"I don't know. I was hoping that Mordin could figure this out, but looks like I was wrong." I said looking at Mordin.

"Not true. Have theories. Need to get to lab." Mordin said.

"As much as I would love to get back to normal size." Garrus said. "I think it's more important that we get to the Citadel. They have better equipment then we do."

"Getting anywhere is going to be a problem." Miranda said. "The engines are broken. Only way to fix them is if someone goes outside."

"Then why the fuck aren't you out there?! Does the perfect princess not know what to do?" Jack yelled again.

"Jack! Calm down." I yelled.

"Calm down?! Don't you tell me to calm down Shepard! I knew I couldn't trust you or Cerberus! Make me big now or I will throw you into one of those fans!" Jack screamed pointing to one of the nearby vents. Before I could say a word, a giant hand came down and lifted Jack up by one of her legs.

"You're not going to do anything at this size." Miranda said, dangling Jack in front of her face.

"Let go of me bitch!" Jack yelled. She then began to glow blue with biotic energy. A powerful blast of biotic energy slammed into Miranda's face. All it did was make Miranda close her eyes. I was stunned. The most powerful biotic I had ever meet, and all she could get a giant Miranda to do was close her eyes.

"Told you so." Miranda said.

"Knock it off you two!!" I screamed. "Miranda put Jack down!"

"Of course Shepard." She laid Jack on her back in the middle of the group.

"I suggest that we find Joker, then figure out what the best thing for us to do is."

"Commander-" Miranda started.

"That wasn't a request." I said.

"Alright Shepard, but how are the six of you going to get to the upper decks? I can only carry so many."

"I have an idea." Samara said. "Myself and two other could stay down here while Miss. Lawson takes the other three to go look for Mr. Moreau. After you've found him, Miss. Lawson takes the three that went with her and places them on the table in the lab. She could then come back here and retrieve the rest of us."

"I like that idea." I said. "Alright who is going to stay?"

"The less time with the Cheerleader the better!" Jack yelled.

"I guess I'll stay too. Try and keep Jack where you can find her." Garrus said.

"Alright, Shepard, Tali, and Mordin hop on." Miranda said lowering her hand. The three of use climbed aboard. I took a seat.

"Sit down." I said. "It's gonna get a bit bumpy." The two looked at each other then sat down. Miranda's hand was lifted off the ground and we headed back to the elevator. It didn't take us long to find Joker. He was shrunk in his chair. Miranda careful lifted him up and took the four of us to Mordin's lab. After setting us on the table she left to get the other three.

"Mordin." I said. "Earlier you mentioned that you had some theories about what happened. Care to inform the rest of us about them?"

"Past theories irrelevant." He replied.

"How so?" Joker asked.

"Past theories required others being unaffected. Miranda only one unaffected. Makes all past theories impossible. Top priority will be finding cure."

"What?! No. Our top priority should be getting EDI back online." Joker proclaimed. "She can use the repair drones that Shepard bought to fix the engines and help you with your tests."

"Seems like a good idea to me." Miranda said. All of us on the table jumped a little. Miranda lowered her hand and let the rest of my team on the table.

"I still think our best course of action is to fix the engines first. Get us moving. Then worry about EDI." Garrus said.

"Can't do anything until crew restored to normal size!" Mordin insisted.

"Commander Shepard what do you think?" Miranda asked. "You are the commanding officer."

"EDI is going to be our best bet." I said. "We all know EDI is an asset that we can't afford to have down for long. The only question is how are we going to fix her like this?"

"I can handle the giant piece of debris that lodged into her, but I don't know what to do after that." Miranda said.

"Well, you know, that fine. Just keep ignoring the pilot." Joker said. "Keep ignoring the guy that's read EDI's manual like six times. That's fine."

"How did you get ahold of a schematic of EDI's processers?" Miranda asked.

"What? Did you expect me to not find out how to shut off the AI on board my ship?"

"Joker, any idea as to what we need to do?" I asked.

"Well I won't know for certain until I get down there, but my guess is that her power, backup power, and auto repair units were destroyed. If that's all it is then all we need to do is repair and activate the auto repair. But, like I said, I won't know for certain until I get to see for myself."

"Sounds like we get another trip in Miranda's hands." Garrus said.

"Sounds like it." I said. "Same groups as before." Miranda lowered her hand. I turned to the rest of the squad and said. "See you down there." With that Miranda drew her hand up and we were off.