- Text Size +

This was not how Percy expected his wednesday afternoon to play out. After being thrown about for what felt like twenty minutes, Percy found himself flying through the air in his confined prison.

“A bag...a BAG!” Percy muttered for the 26th time while rubbing his head. He had just crash landed into a massive blue with white text year 11 math book. He couldn’t understand how it was all possible, one moment he was racing away from a creepy black haired girl, then the next he was experiencing the impossible and found himself trapped within a gigantic bag.

Noticing a gap behind the thick textbook, Percy decided to take cover behind it. Allowing himself to shuffle on top of a biology book and against the spine of the text book, which so happened to be his height. Crouching down, he assumed that his most recent flight was the girl discarding her bag onto the floor upon arriving home. From his current location Percy could hear the earthshaking footsteps of his new captor as she made her passage across the room she was in, followed by a loud thud indicating that she had closed the door. Silence then ensued. Remaining completely still the world around him remained in utter stasis, only ever so slightly being broken by the rattling of the wind on the window within the unknown room.

A slight rustle sounded from above, blackened with fear, Percy quickly diverted his eyes toward the source of the location. The black zipper of the blue lonsdale bag began to rustle and move, as if she was trying to find the zipper without looking directly at the bag. Percy ducked further and averted his eyes, closing them tight and awaited his fate, until…silence. The rustling had stopped and was instead replaced with a irritable beeping tune of a tv turning on, Percy recognised the annoying tune of the soniq brand tv as he also owned a one. Gasping with relief, he sat down, hoping that she had given up her attempt.

Blanking out momentarily, Percy began to contemplate what his life has now become. He was now somewhere between 1-3 inches tall and trapped in a high school girls bag, he had no way of escaping and no one knew he was here. Suddenly an idea came to mind, he had a phone! Shifting his body into a laying down position to stretch out his pockets, his hand raced toward his right side and extracted his still in tact phone.

“Good, she didn’t break it!” Percy cheered quietly and hastily used the fingerprint reader to unlock his xperia z5, opening his contacts he quickly pushed on the contact of his best friend “Andrew”. Quickly drawing the phone to his ear he awaited the dialing tune that would be his salvation. His facial expression went from joyous to a deathly grim.

“Beep beep beep, no service available, please try again later” Percy lowered the phone from his ear and into his view where he could look at the network connection bar at the top of his phone, only to see his own reflection of disappointment. There was indeed no reception, instead a network bar with a staggered line across it took its place. Shaking slightly as his rejoice subsided, he began to feel numb with fear with the realisation that his last known hope at escape had just been lost.

“THE BAG! IT'S THE BAG!” Percy exclaimed jumping to his feet and throwing his hands into the air as he realised that the bag may be causing the network disruption at this size. Erupting into a new excited tone Percy walks in a circle on the green leaf picture below him, looking down at the biology book he begins tapping his chin to think.

“When i get out of the bag it’ll work ag-” returning to his grim expression, he turns his head to look over his left shoulder only to see his phone cascading down into the depths of the bag. When he threw his hands in the air after going numb he had let go of his phone, causing it to fall into the dark depths of the bag. Looking down into the pitch black chasm, he could see nothing except the school books stacked sky high like jenga blocks, jumping would easily result in broken bones if he was lucky. Sitting back down out of ideas, he began to instead ponder the things that would soon happen to him.

“It was reported that on Monday at approximately 9 a.m. Ryan Tran was reported missing, family left distraught and without word of his whereabouts. Authorities are urging all members of the general public to provide any information regarding this missing person's report to the police if known.” The tv blared even through the thick fibres of the bag.

“Missing persons huh...i'm missing to you know” Percy mumbled to himself rolling onto his side and bringing his knees to his chest. From up above a loud horn like sound erupted. Ignoring the sound, assuming it was his captor blowing her nose he remained still in his dark space and continued to listen.

“A comment from the family to the public has been made, Tamara over to you” the reporter chanted as if he had recited these lines in an effortless practice. “ thank you, now the mother is quite distressed, but urges anyone with any information to please bring it forward, the mother is going to say a few words: PLEASE. M-M-MY BOY!! HE’S MY ONLY SO-” Suddenly the tv was shut off with the same familiar beeping sound, followed by a loud bang as if the tv remote had been launched across the room. Crossing his arms, Percy pulled his knees toward him, hearing nothing but the springs of a bed creak with a new applied pressure simultaneously with a click of a flicked switch. Then silence.

Chapter End Notes:

Not how it was originally planned to be. Something that was meant to be 200 words ended up being a 1000? Hope it's still enjoyable before i lead to the fun stuff!