- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Guess who's back!  That's right it's me DrumGuy, returning from a long hiatus yet again!

I really hope I can stay more up-to-date with this story.  In the past I have started projects like When I Became the Guinnea Pig and never finished them.  While I hope to return to those stories, I am going to focus on this for now.

I hope you enjoy.  Please do not hesitate to leave feedback, everything helps!

Life-changing Powers of Science

 

Chapter 1 - Preparing to Revisit

 

I took a look down at my notes for my speech and took a deep breath.  

“Today is the day,” I told Joanna, my personal agent I had hired to help me spread awareness, “time to expose the negative side of scientific progress.”

Joanna had set me up with a speech at a Ted Talk in Boston.  It was a little bit of a car ride from my home in Northern Virginia, but it was worth it to spread awareness to my condition.

“I believe in you Mr. Morganson,” Joanna said in her Swedish accent, “get ready to break your legs.”

“Please Joanna,” I chuckled, “call me ‘Steve.’  I also believe you meant to say, ‘break a leg.’”

“Sorry Steve,” Joanna responded as she hung her head in disappointment, “I have been working hard on learning English better, but you understand that it is very hard to learn new languages.”

“Don’t apologize,” I worked to console her, “you are beautiful and talented and I believe that you getting this far is quite the achievement in itself.”

When I told Joanna she was beautiful I meant it.  She was about 5’7” with natural platinum-blonde hair that fell just passed her well-postured shoulders, however she usually tied it up in a neat bun, as she had done today.  Joanna also had a knockout body due to her Swedish heritage.  I would be lying if I said I did not have strong feelings for her.

 Just then a backstage hand poked his head into the Dressing Room and stated, “Mr. Morganson, you’re onstage in three minutes, the staff is preparing your set for you now.”

“Thank you, Pablo,” I said reading the name tag that hung around his neck.  I cranked my head back to where Joanna was sitting, “That is our queue.  I think it is time to change the world,” I said confidently, not showing how truly nervous I was underneath.

Joanna stood up from the white leather couch.  She absolutely towered over the coffee table where I sat upon a small black pillow with the red ‘Ted Talks’ logo printed across it.  I had gotten used to having rather small seating arrangements.

She took two steps toward me and leaned down with her hands outreached.

“Up we go,” Joanna said as she placed her strong, manicured feminine hands under my arms and hoisted me upwards.

Joanna placed my frame atop her hip and braced my back with her right hand.  She carried me out the doorway into the backstage area where we followed the signs that directed us toward the stage.

“One minute,” I heard somebody say.

I turned my head from where I had unconsciously looked upwards at the underside of Joanna’s D-cup breasts.  I saw Pablo waiting behind a curtain as if to open it.  Joanna set me down on the floor and knelt down on a knee to get closer to my level.

“Break a leg,” she said with a wink and a smirk.

I felt a strong hand turn my body to face the stage and give me a slight push.  I walked through the curtain and out toward my special podium as I heard a hush come over the crowd, followed by applause when they realised I was the speaker.

I reached the edge of my four-foot tall podium and climbed the six steps going up the back.  When I reached the top I turned to face the audience.

I looked up at my countdown clock as it counted down the last six seconds until the start of my speech and took a deep breath.  Then I began my speech.

“Hello, my name is Stephen Morganson, but I prefer to go by, ‘Steve,’” I opened my speech I had prepared in the weeks leading up to the event, “If you believe that I was born this way you are sorely mistaken and some form of science is to blame for this change.  I understand that most of you in this room are some form of scientists or have a scientific interest, but I am still not afraid to revisit my story to you, so let’s begin.”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Feel free to leave feedback.