- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Seven year old me makes an appearance in this chapter. Again, just introductory stuff.

It first happened when I was seven. My older sister, Jericho, decided to indulge me in a game of hide-and-seek. She didn’t usually do this so I wished to stretch the game out for as long as possible. Being ten years old, she thought herself too old to play these “little kid” games. You know how girls are. Anyway, considering that our house was huge, I thought I had the upper hand anyway. “Ok get ready to hide.”, she said as she closed her eyes and turned to count down in the corner of her room. “20…19…18…”, she yelled slowly. I ran down the second-floor hallway that led to both me and Jeri’s rooms, as well as a bathroom (In that order, from the hallway’s dead end, to the stairs). Once I passed the bathroom, I made a beeline for Mom and Dad’s room downstairs. “9…8…7…” I could hear her faintly. “She’s cheating!” I said to myself in anger. Seven-year old’s take their games seriously. Regardless, I searched in my parent’s room for a hiding spot.  Going to my mom’s side of the room, I eyed her walk-in closet. “Hmm. No, too obvious.”, I said to myself in deep thought. “…1. Ready or not, here I come!”, Jeri yelled. “I heard you run downstairs Chris. Not many places to hide there!”, she yelled with confidence. Angry at the advantage her cheating gave her, I scanned the room for more potential hiding spots. “There!”, I whispered. I was focused on the bedside table of my mom’s. It had drawers inside but there was also a little swinging door that you had to open in order to access the drawers. It would be tight but if I could take out the drawers, I’d fit. Springing to action, I pulled out the drawers and the clothes they contained and threw them into the messy corner of my Mom’s closet. Hearing my sister check the cabinets in the kitchens and nearing the room made my heart beat faster with excitement. “She’ll never think to look here.”, I said with confidence. I covered the drawers with the clothes I pulled out of them, so if she looked in the closet for me, she’d just see a pile of clothes. I shivered with glee. Satisfied with my work, I turned to the bedside table and tried to squeeze myself inside. It was too tight. “The only place left is mom and dad’s room and because they went out for the day, I’m positive that that’s where you are”. She sounded so close! I was freaking out because my plan was going to fail. (Before you guys think poorly of our parents, we were used to staying home by ourselves and they trusted Jeri was mature enough to watch me.) “The only places to hide are the closets and under the bed. You’re such an idiot.”, she gloated. She thinks she’s so smart. I’ll show her. My heart beat even faster once I could hear her bare feet stomping the wooden floorboards in an exaggerated fashion. “I just need to fit in here.” I said pleadingly. My legs were too long and kept the table door wide open. “Just...need…to…fit!” Suddenly, I heard a slam and darkness washed over me.

I woke up quickly after whatever happened happened. I heard loud thuds all around me, along with the deepened voice of what sounded like my sister. “Where are you Chris?! You win!” She sounded worried. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I could see that I was in a giant building of some sort. I saw an outline of light on one side of the building and darkness everywhere else. There was also a giant piece of cloth about 20 feet away from me. “What is going on? Was I abducted?”, I asked myself. As I approached the cloth, I could hear my sister crying in the background.  “Jericho!! Everything is ok!! I’m fine!!” I paused, but still heard sobbing. Why did her voice sound so loud and different? “Where are you?! Jericho!” Still, no answer. As I approached the cloth, recognition came with confusion. “What the...” My voice trailed. What appeared in front of me was my mom’s giant panty! Recognition was replaced by disgust, and confusion remained. “Am I dreaming?” It would make sense. Meaning, nothing else would. I’ve heard of characters in shows pinching themselves in order to see if they were dreaming. I pinched my arm and the only result was a lingering pain with growing worry. My clothes seemed to have shrunken along with me. “If I’m shrunk then that means…” I started running to the side of the building, no, cabinet, with light. As I neared it, the sobbing of my sister grew louder. “She must be huge.” I said to myself, with both curiosity, and anxiety. I was small enough to fit through the crack if I lay on my stomach. As I exited, I slipped and fell to the ground below. Maybe one inch to regular sized people, but ten feet to me. My voice caught in my throat as I tried to scream with my sister’s cries around me.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I was planning on explaining why the cabinet door closed on its own later but it would be out of place. This was an instant size change and because of that, there is empty space where my body used to be. This created a vacuum resulting in the surrounding air to pull the door closed as it filled the empty space. I'd like some reviews now please!