- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the wait ! Still a really really short chapter, but here we go ! It'll get longer with time :)


 

“Aïe…”


… hell, I have the biggest headache ever… what is this buzzing sound I hear…? Where am I? What did I do? I remember something about… what do I remember about anyway?  

I feel ants everywhere around my body and I have the strangest feeling that I can’t even feel my legs anymore… even my arms. Anyway there seems to be a hand below me – looks like it’s mine. Short nails, long fingers, slightly apparent veins… Yes, there it is: the same scars on the back. It’s really bizarre how I’m controlling my hand without feeling it. My vision is blurred and as I concentrate to correct my vision, I realize I’m not at the hospital; otherwise, I wouldn’t be lying on a hard, cold surface – wait, cold? Ah yes, I’m beginning to regain my senses. It’s true that the surface is pretty cold. If I can just concentrate… yes, I can follow the outline of my body. The shoulders and shoulder blades touching the floor. Then there’s this slight rise that goes to the hollow of the kidneys – not in contact with the floor. Another slope that runs along my butt, the hollow of my knee that doesn’t touch the ground, and finally my calves and heels. I think the cold aids me in differentiating what’s touching the ground and what’s not. It’s at that moment that I realize a very important prospect of my situation: I’m naked! My heart beats rapidly against my chest as I stand up hastily. First I see my feet, legs and then my focus turns towards my crotch (already covered by my hands). This reflex doesn’t surprise me. To be honest, I don’t think I have the courage to look at my own dick… it’s so cold. And you know – like me – the effects it has on the male species.  

Yeah um, enough bullshit. What’s going on? Why am I naked in the middle of something so white? And why is it so cold? I’m shivering everywhere and I can’t find anything to cover myself or warm up with, so I’m afraid I might get hypothermia. Now is not the time to stress out for nothing. I feel my pulse is quite higher than usual. A drop of sweat forms around my forehead; I feel it running down my cheek before submitting to the forces of gravity. It’s not after an abnormally long duration that I hear a light plic; more than audible inside this giant empty room. My attention is instantly diverted to the heavy drop. While I was expecting to see a small puddle on the floor, I’m surprised to see a tiny transparent orb.

Shocked by this surprising discovery, I decided to crouch down and “study” this famous liquid orb (not to worry – from the top of my two years of honors, I don’t think I have much to work out here). I approach my finger to the droplet (which is on the floor) and exert a slight pressure on it… well, in reality, all I’m doing is touching this damn droplet. Strangely, it’s deforming, but it doesn’t spread as I would’ve thought. As soon as I removed my index finger from it, it returned to its original form. Despite its tiny size, I can feel, by passing the pulp of my finger, that there is this kind of… skin. In my opinion, the inside looks liquid (like water), but the surface looks more solid. I think the right word for that is ductile (if I still remember anything from my SVT classes). But how is this possible? I know that… there’s a thing that can also hold liquid in the form of droplets, but normally these burst open when hitting the floor at such a force; the force of resistance doesn’t compensate for the shock. If my physics memories serve me right, then this force bears a name of the style surface tension or something like that…  

Anyway yeah! It’s not all of it, but I’m marveling a droplet while waking up in a white room, so I don’t know anything at all at this point. I’m a bit offbeat at times! I decided to analyze this piece in the meantime. Maybe I’m gonna find something of importance or an exit, or maybe I can find some explanations of my whereabouts… I don’t know – whatever!  

However, when I got up, I noticed something particularly strange: the droplet seemed to shake. It was only so timid at first, but I have the feeling that the trembling is increasing in intensity. Another thing, it seems that it periodically rhythms. Suddenly I hear low sounds that resemble that of… slamming. Yes, it does seem like banging, but not any banging. I’d recognize these from hundreds of others: these are the sounds of heels – there’s someone with me. I quickly turn around, but I realize that there’s absolutely nobody in this room. I hear nonetheless these marvelous heel-pounding sounds… uh yeah lovely. I’ll explain later. I could swear that I can hear them coming closer and as I turn around in every direction to search for the source, I notice no trace of human life. Another thing that strikes me dumb: the intensity of the noises progressively intensifies to the point of surpassing a volume that I’d qualify as “normal”. Then out of the blue, nothing more; no sound, no trembling, just nothingness. Everything is the unknown – I stand still.

Unconsciously, this situation makes me hold my breath – surely because of fear, anxiety or apprehension.  

Suddenly, the world around me starts to shake… but much more violently this time. I have the impression that the room transformed into a box. It’s later I find out that the ceiling above me is peeling off from the openings, I can see light washing in form the exterior… greyness. Out of nowhere I see these large, red plates shining through the openings, which are then followed by long… trunks of beige color. If I had to make sense of it all, I would surely presume that these trunks have the form and color of human fingers; the only thing that’s off is that their size are absolutely gigantic. Previously motionless, I now find myself totally incapable of effectuating any movement at all. It’s only when I realize that these intruders start to bend and then unquestionably erupts in my face: these are fingers. I recognize perfectly the phalanges, the three distinct parts, the red nails at the end, the palm that joins them (and I also notice a ring on of them). Unable to get away, I can only find the strength to bring my arms to protect my face in order to face this unknown and terrorizing threat.

Chapter End Notes:

The fifth was so short that I had to add the chapter six because "My story failed to meet the required minimum or maximum word count for story submission on this site. Each chapter must be no less than 500 words long." xD Whatever, the true fun will soon begin !