- Text Size +

“No! You kidding me right? Haha, well played man!” Robin said, patting on my shoulder.  

“Yeah! Thanks, I’m really glad, too!” I said to him – almost yelling.  

Background noise engulfs us for hours and I manage to see him through the smoke. These spots illuminate so much as I told myself, taking a sip from my drink. We’re in the year January 2015 and we’re celebrating my 18th birthday. My old high-school friends prepared this occasion just for me. A surprise birthday party with lots of food and drinks to go around. Girls dancing and boys drinking – the perfect evening. I see Robin unexpectedly leaving the area with his drink in hand. I’m not too worried where he’s going; this guy always had the urge to drag in girls or to have someone to tell his little adventures with. I sometimes wonder how we became friends. Ah… well as we often say: opposites attract (or something within those lines, right?). Taking another look at Robin, I notice him going behind the DJ’s table and whispering something to him (who is none other than one of our friends, Sam). Something made Sam open his eyes, smiling maliciously. He glances at me before bending over to pick up the microphone.  

“We just gathered something excellent girls. Would you like to know what it is?” Sam said, laughing. The party goers stopped their dancing and faced him.  

“This summer, Adrien graduated! And no it’s not the bloody Bac we’re all going to endure later – no – it’s something much grand!” he takes a short pause before continuing, “What you have in front of you is a recognized fireman!”  

As everyone turn their heads toward me, I suddenly hear an applause accompanied by “Bravo!” and “Yeah!”. Even if these were sarcastic (but remain subtle), I am truly touched. It’s a pleasant sight to see that my friends (or my colleagues) are dazzled by my service; it’s almost reassuring, to say the least.  

“Alright girls, who wants to get into a coma tonight?” Robin exclaims on the microphone. A great, big smile washes his face, almost like one of these characters in manga comics. Some of the girls pretend to have an epilepsy with the little “Aaah…” to make the scene more intensive. The others laugh as I become red like peony… I had told you that I was always timid! As a matter of fact, the girls had the same reaction because I built up a lot of muscle these last couple of years – rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, you name it. It’s that, before others, which allowed me to finish my major last summer. Like I said, my body developed quite well; I could be considered “sexy” conforming to women’s standards. I unfortunately didn’t have any real relationship with anyone. As I had said before, no other girl had pierced my heart as Alice. I never fell in love since. You’d have also guessed that I’m still a virgin… anyway yeah, there’s still this night. I’m really counting on enjoying my time. And who knows, maybe I’ll lose my virginity tonight!  

***  

“Come on! Seventh glass of Get 27, hang on!”  

“Wow… a little bit of hanging on to do, eh…!”  

Whoa, I’m starting to get blurry eyed here… I don’t know if I can hang on much longer. Already feeling as if I can’t feel my legs anymore; I’m feeling chills everywhere around my body (maybe that’s normal when drinking a whole lot?). Oh it’s coming back. We could say that my arms are failing me, hands decomposing, and fingers letting go…  

CLING!!  

What’s that? Was it my stomach? Ugh, I feel terrible. My vision is obstructed. I have the funniest feeling that I’m falling down…  
BAM!

Chapter End Notes:

 

Told you they were still really short !