- Text Size +
Story Notes:

As my first story, I'd love to hear from the people who read it! Comments are always welcome.

Computers in a closed electronics store in San Francisco began to light up the night. The light soon became blinding, luckily people were asleep at this hour and only a few had their sleep stirred.
Then the light was replaced by darkness again as quickly as  it arrived however, it left something in the store.
"Holy Shit!" Said the young man that just suddenly appeared out of the light.
"It's time for someone to do something about this!" He said angrily "Where am I?" He went out of the store quietly and started walking, he put up the hood on his black hoodie and put his hands in the pockets of his black jeans.
Soon he saw a newsstand with maps of where he is now.
"San Francisco?!" He also some of this morning's newspapers in the trash. "And it's the same date?! Time must move slowly when I'm in the internet. Good to know." It was then he realized. "Wait... If I'm in San Francisco... Alcatraz!"
"If what I've seen will proceed tomorrow the people like me in there are going to die!"  He thought as he remembered the messages sent from the government.
"If I don't break them out they're fucked!But I'm not equipped for a break out on a state-of-the-art government facility... But they are!" He thought to himself again. "I always wanted a more interesting life. I guess I got my wish."
Jimmy had gotten himself in a world that the government is hiding from the public. He was a "Neo-Human": a human that had incredible and unique capabilities. The Government had been capturing these people to run tests, do experiments on, and harness the power they have. Alcatraz was to be a testing facility that will specialize in "ability transfusion": an experiment where others could obtain the powers of the Neo-Human in question.
Jimmy had only just discovered that he has the power of technopathy hours ago when people burst into his cheap apartment just hours ago.
Needless to say he was terrified of the encounter, being a 5 foot 4 inch tall dropout, the most that he would expect coming out of the door would be the person he had to pay rent to, not a team of men armed with equipment for riot suppression and terrorist takedowns.
He managed to escape by unknowingly using his powers to vanish without a trace.

"If what I read was correct then there should be about four people in Alcatraz, and the facility is under upgrading so there's going to be a lot of places to get in, but I need to be smart about this think Jimmy! Think!"
Most of the plans that he thought seemed like suicide, however there was one idea that could turn the tables.
He ran to nearby convenience store and looked into the window. Luckily he was able to see the clock.
"10:04 I only have less than an hour before the drone arrives!"
While he was in his trip inside the web, he had bypassed through military firewalls in order to get information among some was there was a drone holding one of a kind prototype technology to Alcatraz at 11 p.m.
All he knew about the technology was it was the first and only working prototype of multi-purpose exosuit with strength enhancing, hacking, and non-lethal takedown capabilities.
It was to be brought to Alcatraz on a helicopter drone.
"There has to be a signal being broadcasted on the island, if I could tamper with that I could alter the drone's course and the delay it's flight. Maybe?"
Jimmy ran back to the electronics store to try to take the fastest way to the facility.
Jimmy's plan was to teleport into the facility using his powers, steal the tech in order to hack the more advanced systems, and in the midst of all of the confusion teleport everybody out of the facility.
"Okay, just relax and concentrate... I mean that's how they do it in the comic books right?"
When Jimmy turned on the computer he touched his hand on the screen, then he and the screen started glowing blue as his hand was phasing through it. Just as he jumped in, a cockroach crawled up Jimmy's pant leg in a panic from all of the bright light.
As he entered the World Wide Web again he felt something crawling up his leg, naturally he shook it off and saw the cockroach fall out. However what he saw next was going to change the course of his plan.
The insect soon became a manifestation of low resolution pixels and disintegrated in a flash of red light.
"What the Fuck?!" 
After a minute of thinking Jimmy finally put the pieces together.
"Only I can be in here?! I can't teleport things without blowing them up?! Well that just screws my plan then!"
As he hovered past the trillions of ones and zeros, images, and words that made up a small part of the Internet, he decided to proceed with his break in.
"I'll just improvise." He thought.
"I don't know how but I'll make this work... Somehow... Hopefully... "
For hours he searched for the right computer, but he knew that only a few minutes have passed in the real world.
He looked at data pack after data pack in order to get some clue on which computer was the right one, until he finally reached something protected by a military firewall that he was able to bypass, it had profiles of Neo-Humans that were captured and sent to Alcatraz.
"Well I have the time, let's see..."
He opened the file and sure enough four captured, all of them have extraordinary abilities.
One of them was Iosif Vadim, a 19 year old Russian that can control earth. 
Next was Quanesia Evans, a 16 year old Jamaican girl with polymath that learned "too much".
Quinn Parker, a 17 year old amputee from Florida with the ability to control plant life.
And Tracy Price, an 18 year old from Oklahoma that could make herself grow into a towering giant.
"This could work, they could help. Now to get myself in there!"
He took a look at the schematics for the facility and found that he was at a secondary computer room near the testing room.
He teleported himself out of the computer in the same fashion as in the electronics store, fortunately nobody was at the computer with most of the technical crew awaiting the drone's delivery for testing.
"Okay... Now for the stuff"
He looked at the time on the computer screen and it read "10:38".
"Okay! I got time to mess up stuff!"

Meanwhile, a young lady was crying her eyes out. She was with three others in the large cell deep in the facility.
"Why? I didn't do nothin' wrong, I ain't gonna hurt nobody, so why lock me up?" The nine foot tall Tracy said in a southern accent.
"The government is always doing shit like this, we just got caught ourselves." replied Quinn as he tapped the glass of the cell with his one arm.
"There must be a way to break out of cell, no?" Stated Iosif as he punched the glass.
"Not possible. That "glass" is made of industrial polycarbonate the same material used to make shark tanks, not only that but it's been reinforced with graphene, which has similar structure to Diamonds; the hardest natural substance on earth." Said Quanesia "The only way that this cell is going to open is if it's opened by someone, and the possibility of that happening is slim to none."
"So we're all just gonna be here for the rest of our lives?" Questioned Tracy.
"Seems so..."
Just as they gave up on hope, they heard an alarm go off.
"Emergency. All personnel report to the Chems Lab." 
It was repeated by the intercom over and over again.
"Is that bad?" Tracy said in a concerned tone.
"Perhaps, if it was a fire the sprinkler system would take care of it. Maybe it is a gas leak, or radiation." Quanesia said.
"Sure wish we can do something aside from sit in here and wait for G-men to come in and do god knows what." Quinn was always against the government and this just reinforced his belief.
"Yes, I agree with you. If only I could see or feel any stone, I can break out of here. I never expected my third year in this country to be like this." Said Iosif as he crossed his arms.
"Welcome to America: not the land of the free, but the home where the slave is." Quinn replied.
Just then the wall of the cell was lowered and they were free of their confines. Then the door opened to reveal someone with robotic arms and legs wearing a black hoodie and a metal mask. "Hi."

After making his way as stealthy as possible, Jimmy made his way to the near by chemical lab.
"Let's hope I can trick this alarm..."
He knew that an emergency alert will cause available people to drop what they were doing and investigate, but he wouldn't dare touch the chemicals to do that instead he was going to trick the detectors. He saw one and used his powers to make it trigger.
"Emergency. All personnel report to the Chems Lab." 
"Better get out and wait for them to spring my trap card." He thought.
He went back to the secondary computer room and the technical crew and some soldiers were heading to the disturbance. After the coast was clear he snuck to the testing room and he saw the drone about to land.
The ceiling opened up and the helicopter drone came in on a lift platform slowly descending to the ground.
"Few minutes early. Just makes it easier for me." 
He saw the drone drop off a black metal box under it which he assumed was the tech, however some soldiers carried the box and were heading towards him.
Jimmy phased himself in another computer as the soldiers made their way.
"Okay, close call."
Since he knew that real time was comparatively slow, she decided to look around for files on the technology that just arrived.
"Smart rifles, Drones, Neo-Human cells... Here! Multi-purpose Exosuit Enhancers!"
They were one of a kind prototypes ready for testing.
They were only arm and leg pieces since a piece for the body was still being made to not crush the user wearing it.
The arms are only capable of lifting 3 times that of a professional weightlifter in order not to crush the user, they come equipped with new military grade electrical charge launchers that can instantly incapacitate a fully trained soldier with one shot non-lethally, the right arm comes equipped with the latest in hacking technology allowing the user to easily hack any device or system that they are plugged into, and left arm comes with a small plasma cutter to access sealed panels.
The legs also come equipped with some strength enhancing capabilities, and flash bangs, smoke grenades, and tear gas that could be launched, dropped or dispensed from the front, sides, or back of each leg.
"This stuff can definitely be used to capture people like me... I gotta delete this!"
After reading what the prototype can do, he decided that if this was the only prototype he would delete all schematics and files for this device.
"You know what? let's wipe this hard drive clean!" He deleted all the data that was on the computer.
"This should set them back a couple of months."
After deleting the files he decided that enough time had passed for the soldiers to come in and exit and teleported out of the computer.
The room was empty except for the black box. Jimmy unlocked it by overloading the locks, opened it and quickly put on the tech, one thing that he didn't expect was the legs added 6 inches to his height so it would be like  walking on stilts but once it was all on he admired the work.
"Okay I got to admit this is pretty damn sweet, this is kinda like the stuff I see in my video games! Now if I'm remembering this right..." He opened up a panel near the wrist and turned on the right arm as with his left, he did the same with the legs on panels where the Achilles tendon should be and he was fully operational.
"One step at a time..."
He stepped forward but it was difficult with the extra 6 inches, however he knew that he didn't have much time before everyone came back so he pushed on and left the room.
He had to take the elevator in order to get to the cell the other Neo-Humans were being kept in. 
He made his way to the elevator surprisingly without any complications, he did wonder why there weren't many soldiers around but then he realized if he was in an underground facility under upgrading most soldiers would be in the higher floors to provide security and survey anyone coming in, while only few are at the lower levels.
He pressed the button to the elevator and a few moments later it opened up, with someone inside.
"Freeze intruder!"
He seemed different than all of the standard soldiers that Jimmy has seen, all of the clothing and gear that he was wearing was black and dark blue and it gave him a somewhat ninja-like appearance. He had a black bullet-resistant mask that had green lenses, a survival knife on his left shoulder, a long-range military walkie talkie strapped on the right side of his chest, a bulletproof vest, and an SR-30 Knight's Armament 300 Blackout assault rifle pointed at Jimmy's head.
"Put your hands in the air!"
"Shit! I could really use one of those taser things now!" As Jimmy thought about it the electrical charge launchers came out of his forearms like wrist mounted guns and on instinct shot the soldier with an electrical charge.
The soldier was hit and the electrical charge caused him to fire wildly.
Jimmy just managed to jump and duck out of the line of fire, then a few moments later the firing stopped.
He looked into the elevator, that had a couple bullet holes on the walls and ceiling, and saw the unconscious soldier on the floor. Thanks to the sound suppressor on the rifle he didn't really have to worry about attracting attention so Jimmy got into the elevator and went down towards the cell room.
While on his way down, he examined the unconscious man in the elevator with him.
"Let's see what's behind the mask..."
He took the mask of to reveal a camouflage painted face but aside from that nothing out of the ordinary.
When Jimmy took a closer look at the mask itself, he found out that the lenses were green because it had night vision and thermal vision built in.
He took some more of his gear; the survival knife, the walkie talkie, and the assault rifle. Although he would have wanted the bulletproof vest it was on the soldier tight and Jimmy was arriving to the cell room. 
When the elevator door opened he was greeted by a long hallway with a door at the end that looked more like a vault.
He dragged the man's unconscious body out of the elevator just in case someone from the higher floors were to use the elevator.
He ran as fast as he could towards the metal door and saw a security panel on the wall next to it.
"Okay, maybe I can..."
He tried using his powers directly to override the locks, however it just caused a denial to flash on screen.
"Fuck! This must be the more advanced stuff... But then..."
Using what he read about the hacking technology built into the right arm, Jimmy thought about the universal plugin and a thick wire came out of a hidden panel near the elbow.
Thanks to its powers Jimmy didn't have to manually open panels or press buttons on the enhancers, he could simply just think about it and the machines will do the rest.
He jacked the plug in the side of the security panel and a screen lit up on the bottom of his forearm.
"Okay, now this is cool!"
The screen was displaying various numbers and letters constantly changing along with a time limit on the top that said "2:42"
"This must be the ones that change password every few minutes, better do it fast!"
Thanks to his powers he also didn't need to physically type on the screen, he simply had to think about how to hack into the system and getting the right password.
After a minute and a half, he finally managed to decipher the password "D2Y98B" and he disabled the door's lock and the cell's power, then the door opened to unveil the four Neo-Humans free from their confines.
Not knowing what to say and the fact that he looked rather threatening with the mask on his face, the assault rifle on his back, and the robotic looking arms and legs, all he could think of saying was a dumbfounded.
"Hi."

Before he could say anything else Iosif charged and floored Jimmy.
"Wait Wait Wait! I'm here to help you guys!"
"How can we believe you?" Said Iosif
"I'm one of you! I have powers! That's how I was able to get in here!"
"Show me!"
"I can't! I'm kind of on the floor right now!"
"Let him go." Said Quanesia " he doesn't express any behavior expected from a trained soldier, also why would he open the cell if there was only one of him?"
"Well...Okay, I see..."
Iosif let Jimmy go and they both stood up.
"Thanks! Anyway, my name's Jimmy. A couple of days er... Hours ago, I was stormed in my apartment. I only managed to escape after I went into my computer, literally. I read up on some information while I was in there and now I'm here on Alcatraz rescuing you guys."
"Wait a dang minute! We're on Alcatraz?" Tracy said, shocked.
"Uh... Yeah, we're all in a secret underground facility on Alcatraz Island. You don't know?"
"We were all knocked out and woke up here dude." Quinn stated
"That is fucked up! Good thing I got here when I did. Now we don't have much time, let's go!"
"Don't need to tell me twice!" Quinn said
"Let's get to the elevator! Once we get back to the surface I think I can hack a helicopter."
As everyone headed towards the elevator, they ran into a problem.
"Uh, we're not all gonna fit in here." Quinn said.
"Sorry." Said Tracy
"It's fine" Jimmy said "We'll take the elevator first, then you follow."
"No! Please... I-I can't... I don't wanna be alone." Tracy said slightly embarrassed.
"Okay... I'll stay with you. You three go up, but which one of you has experience using guns?"
"Me. My father and I used to shoot guns" said Iosif, then Jimmy gave the assault rifle to him
"Thank you Jimmy. I'll not fail!"
Jimmy turned to Quinn and saw he only had one arm.
"Didn't get much off the soldier so here. At least it's better than nothing." He gave the survival knife to Quinn.
"Thanks dude."
He looked at Quanesia and remembered she was a polymath.
"And I guess you can understand the codes and give believable lies to the soldiers. Here." and he gave the the walkie talkie to Quanesia.
"I can. Thank you."
"Good luck, we're all going to need it. Just wait for us when you get up and we can all get out of here!"
The three went up the elevator leaving Tracy and Jimmy.
"Uh... Jimmy is it? I'd like to thank you for breaking us out. Your a real nice guy."
"T-thanks... And you look really pretty!" Immediately after he said those words Jimmy wanted to slap himself in the face. He was never really good with talking to girls that were attractive, and to him Tracy was much more stunning in person than in picture.
She had platinum blonde hair that reached halfway to her back, rare and bright green eyes, her physique was toned from the work she does on her grandfather's small ranch, and her figure was everything that defined "top-heavy". Although she had a decent rear, her chest was enormous! She would have been an F-cup at regular height but at a towering 9 feet everything about her was much bigger.
" Well... Thanks! First time I had a compliment since all this." She said.
"Uh... You're welcome?" Jimmy thought that he might be blushing, but then he remembered he was wearing a mask. "Good at least it hides my embarrassment..." He thought internally.
Just then the elevator door opened and they could come up.
"You go in first."
"Alright, let's see if I can..."
Tracy got on her knees and managed to fit in the elevator, although she did have to bend her back a bit and her head was against the ceiling.
"Come on Jimmy!" Tracy called out.
Jimmy got into the elevator but he needed to get very close to Tracy and his head was inches away from her chest.
For the next few seconds Tracy and Jimmy silently went up to as far as the elevator could take them, and when the door opened the other three were still there.
"Alright, now that we're all here let's think this though before things go to hell." Jimmy said "I've seen the schematics for this place and we're three floors under the surface. Now, there's a lift for helicopter drones in the testing room, we can use that to get to the surface and once we get there I can hack something to get off the island."
"Problem." Said Quanesia "The radio has gotten multiple messages about stolen technology from the testing room, and of course, logically thinking, it must be what you're wearing."
"Yeah... can you just drive them away from the testing room somehow?"
"I can get most of the soldiers out of the room however some will still remain along with the technical science crew."
"I think I can take care of that. Tell everybody to go to the medical bay on the second floor."
"All units, I have visual on an unknown personnel moving towards the second level medical bay, subject has the stolen items. I repeat subject has the stolen items!" 
Quinn peaked out the door to see some soldiers emerging from the test room to answer the fake report on the floor above.
"Alright, soldier guys are out. That plan you got better work." He said to Jimmy
"I got this! Just wait for a little so there's no one that can hear it."
"And what is this "it" you have?" Said Iosif
"A smoke grenade. I launch it at them then while they're disoriented from the smoke we can just run past."
"But none of us can see through smoke!" Tracy said
"Don't worry this mask i got has thermal vision so while in the cover of smoke, I'll take down all of the people in there and we can take the drone elevator out of here!"
"That plan seems good, and we don't really have any other way for escape. We're counting on you Jim." Tracy replied
"I'll do my best!"
He opened the door and quickly yet silently got his way back to the testing room and prepared a smoke grenade from the front of his right leg and turned on thermal vision.
"Okay... Okay... 1... 2... 3!"
Jimmy kicked open the door to the testing room and fired the smoke grenade, then only seconds later the room filled with thick, gray smoke.
"Smoke grenade! Take cover!" One of the soldiers said
From what he saw on thermal there were four armed men and eight scientists and technicians, the charge launchers came out and he took down the first two soldiers, luckily their fingers weren't on the trigger of their AK-12 assault rifles yet so no wild fire occurred. However the smoke detectors triggered and sent a beeping noise through the room and the alarm blared "Smoke detected in the testing room!". He didn't have much time, so Jimmy approached the third and fourth ones, grabbed their faces and slammed their heads together with enough force to knock them out.
Once all of the soldiers were down he just fired electrical charges at the scientists and technicians to clear the room.
He ran over and almost fell on his way back to the others and he slammed the door open.
"Let's Go!"
They all ran to the testing room but Jimmy tripped and fell flat on his face.
"It was bound to happen." He thought, annoyed by the situation.
Then while he was picking himself up, he was lifted up by Tracy, who was the last to get past the door, by his hood
"You a'ight?"
"Yeah... I'm just not used to these things yet. I'll be okay."
"Hurry up you two!" Quinn said
Tracy put Jimmy down and they all made their way past the testing room as the ventilation kicked in and started clearing the smoke.
They got past the double-doors and got to cargo delivery and storage where the drone came in however the drone was still on the lift.
It was one of the more full-sized helicopter drones, however it only had a relatively small weight limit and only two seats for passengers.
"We are free!" Said Iosif
"No, we can't use this. It's not big enough for everyone!"
"Then what now?" Questioned Quinn
"Now we take the lift up to the surface!"
Everyone got on the lift platform beside the drone and Jimmy pressed the button to make the lift go up.
As they made their ascent, the soldiers went into the test room and they could see through the window that the captured Neo-Humans were escaping.
The lift just barely got them out as the soldiers burst through the double-doors.
Quanesia got a message on the radio she was holding.
"All personnel get to the drone delivery pad. Five subjects, one of them armed, four of them highly dangerous, approach with caution but only use your Firearms if necessary we need subjects brought back alive!"
"That's not good." Quanesia said
"Can't you stop them from going to the pad?" Jimmy said
"Can't. They had visual on us, they know where we're going."
"Well in that case time to bring out the stuff..." Jimmy took out two flashbangs out of his leg enhancers and prepared to launch two more from the right and left side.
"Here's the plan I throw these flashbangs at the soldiers surrounding us, Iosif I know you can control earth so shake up the place, Quinn now would be a good time to Ivy these assholes so if you feel any plants around use them, Tracy get big and take guys down, me and Quanesia are gonna secure a chopper!"
"One problem..." Tracy said reluctantly "I don't wanna... grow..."
"Why not?" Jimmy questioned
"Because... Because..."
But Jimmy noticed that they were nearing the surface and he had to act quickly.
"Okay, okay, no time! Just follow us then! Everyone look away and then cover your ears! Get ready!"
Jimmy pulled the pins just a few seconds before they reached the surface and threw and launched them to the surrounding soldiers that came in the normal military uniform and the ninja-like outfits from before. The flashbangs detonated and the soldiers were blinded and deafened from the explosion.
As the soldiers were stunned, Jimmy, Quanesia, and Tracy ran towards the landed helicopters some distance away.
Meanwhile Iosif and Quinn finally started using the powers they had.
Iosif lifted the earth under some of the the soldiers feet and sent them falling off the large boulder, then he moved the boulder quickly to the right, bulldozing the soldiers in the path of the hovering rock.
On his side, Quinn made vines from the island quickly grow longer and stronger and used them to hang soldiers from their feet by coiling around their ankles and yanking them off the ground then he slammed the soldiers into each other knocking then unconscious, while he did so he even created an arm made of multiple small vines he had grown.
While Quinn and Iosif were holding the line, Jimmy, Tracy, and Quanesia reached the helipad.
Tracy was the first there but two soldiers pointed their M4 carbines at her, to which she stopped running immediately.
"Don't move! We are authorized to use deadly f-" 
"TRACY DUCK!" 
Tracy jumped and ducked for cover as Jimmy ordered
The soldiers were then hit by Jimmy's electrical charges and fired wildly in the air for a few seconds before falling to the ground.
Jimmy and Quanesia reached Tracy and helped her up.
"You okay?" Said Jimmy
"I'll be alright but I ain't sure my heart can take much more of this."
"Don't worry, we'll be out of here soon! Now let's get into that helicopter!"
They soon got into the NH90, it was the only helicopter that was there.
Jimmy and Quanesia got into the cockpit while Tracy got into the helicopter's seated area with her head against the ceiling.
"I have no idea where to hack this thing. where do I plug into this thing?!" Jimmy said.
"The helicopter cannot be hacked, what you can help me do is startup the helicopter." Replied Quanesia.
"Okay, well I was being stupid again. How do you start this thing? I've never flown a fucking helicopter!"
"You don't need to fly it, just help me start it up quickly and I'll do it."
"You've flown in a helicopter before?!"
"No. But I know all the systems and how it works so I'm the best shot you have!"
"Well this is going great..."
Quanesia told Jimmy as quickly as possible what switches to flip and buttons to press as she was checking the helicopter for anything wrong that might delay the flight.
"Okay, we are ready for takeoff."
"Alright! Now just hover over to the guys and Me and Tracy will grab them!"
Meanwhile, reenforcement arrived for Quinn and Iosif and they had no choice but to fall back and go defensive with their tactics. Iosif made multiple walls of earth around them to prevent the soldiers from getting to them.
"How long will those walls hold?" Quinn said.
"I don't know. Where is the helicopter?" Said Iosif
"Fuck if I know man I just hope it gets here and they didn't bail on us."
Just then Quinn noticed some off the ninja-like soldiers on top of the wall.
Using his vine arm he punched the one in the center by growing his new appendage, then he violently swung it side to side, yelling at the top of his lungs. Then he looked at Iosif and gave an embarrassed smile.
Just then they heard helicopter blades spinning close by, they looked up and saw one heading towards them.
Jimmy opened the side door of the NH90 and threw two teargas grenades at the soldiers below.
The helicopter hovered over the walls and With Jimmy and Tracy visible from it they knew it was time to escape.
Quinn extended his vine-arm until he could grab the landing ski, at caused a few problems inside the helicopter but Quanesia managed to get it under control.
"Grab on man!" Said Quinn to Iosif as he extended his normal arm out to him.
Iosif grabbed his arm and held on tightly, then Quinn shortened his vine-arm with him still holding on to the helicopter's ski pulling them towards it until both young men were hanging of the ski.
Quanesia saw them pulling themselves up and she knew that they were off the ground so she started to gain altitude but then a sniper round hit the bulletproof glass window to her right, luckily the glass stopped the bullet before it got to her. She immediately began to fly away from Alcatraz Island as fast as she could while Jimmy and Tracy grabbed the two and pulled them into the chopper then shut the the side door.
They all breathed a sigh of relief as they we're finally able to catch their breath from the stress that they just had to endure.
"Oh Holy Shit! I can't believe we just did that!" Yelled Jimmy in a state of euphoria
"That was fucking awesome dude!" Quinn said to Jimmy
"Yes! Thanks to you we are free once more!" Said Iosif.
"Jimmy, I am so grateful that you got me out of that horrible place! I wanna see your face! Take off the mask so we can see the man who rescued us, please!" Tracy requested.
"Okay..." Jimmy took of his hood and the mask to reveal his appearance to the people he helped.
He had short, messy, black hair, some facial hair on his chin and upper lip but not enough to make a full-on mustache or beard, a slightly flat nose, tan skin with some mild acne, and bluish-silver eyes.
He smiled as he looked at everyone.
"What? You were expecting Bruce Wayne huh?" He said jokingly.
"Not exactly the way I though you would look like, but you look good hero!" Said Tracy.
"Uh... Thanks..." Jimmy was flattered by the compliment as he didn't think he looked handsome at all.
"Jim!" Quanesia shouted from the cockpit.
"Yeah?"
"Where do we go from here?"
"Oh!" In the mist of all the celebration Jimmy completely forgot where to go. "Wait up..." he turned on the built-in computer in his right arm accessed the GPS function. "There should be a beach near Crissy Field that we can land on so that we don't attract too much attention. We should be able to reach there in 10 minutes, just keep flying where you're flying."
Then everyone took a seat and put on their seatbelts, except for Tracy because the seat belts were too small for her.
When Jimmy saw Tracy struggling with the seat belt he remembered her reluctancy to use her powers back on Alcatraz.
"Tracy?"
"Yeah?"
"Why didn't you want to use your powers back on Alcatraz?"
"Uh... well...my... my clothes don't grow! Haha... I mean I wouldn't want to be... indecent?" She put on the nervous smile and Jimmy knew that it wasn't the main reason why she didn't want to use her powers.
"Okay... That's... A good reason..." although he knew that Tracy was holding back on something, he didn't want to force her if she didn't want to tell him. Although he was very curious "If she didn't want to use her powers, why is she nine feet tall right now?" He thought to himself.
"Yeah. I'm sorry guys but a gal like me needs to have some privacy..."
"I mean we could have used some extra help though." Said Quinn
"I agree, you could have been useful if you were there fighting alongside us." Said Iosif
"Hey guys! It's fine! You're out! I'm sure Tracy could have helped you guys but let's think about the present instead of the past, okay?" Jimmy said wanting to break up any tension.
"Well, at least now I can get back to Florida." Said Quinn
"Hopefully my family will still be Detroit." Iosif stated
"Yeah, I just don't know if my family or my boyfriend is going to accept me like this back in Oklahoma." Tracy said has she looked at her hands that were easily bigger than other people's faces.
"You got a boyfriend?" Jimmy asked
"Yeah, last time I saw him he was in the hospital. Broke his arm in an accident..."
"Oh... Okay... Well, I guess we all have places to go after this. Uh... Quanesia? How about you?"
"I'm going back to Portland. My father is there after all."
"What about your mom?"
"She's in Jamaica. She didn't want to leave."
"Okay..." Jimmy began to feel awkward and uncomfortable as three of his conversations ended in someone's deep reluctance, personal relationships, or familial matters. It was silence in the helicopter for a few minutes before Jimmy decided to look at the GPS again. He opened up his arm's computer and looked at their position.
"Okay, Quanesia see that beach over there? That's where we land."
"Okay. Coming in for a landing."
They lowered altitude a little too fast and landed roughly but aside from Tracy bumping her head on the ceiling everyone was alright and got off.
"Let's cover our tracks. Quinn, sink it!" Jimmy ordered.
"Why?" 
"A military helicopter is going to be easy to spot and track so no one can keep it, blowing it up will attract too much attention, so sinking it is the only way to get rid of it."
Quinn nodded and made the seaweed wrap around the landing skis and pulled the helicopter into the deep.
"Now what?" Tracy questioned
"We split up." Quanesia answered
"Why? Shouldn't we stay together?" Quinn said
"It makes sense, after all we're all going to different places." Jimmy stated
"And as a group they can easily track down and recapture us all in one move. If we split up they will also be forced to split up their forces and it will be easier for an individual to hide." said Quanesia
"But we have no money!" Iosif declared
"Leave that to me..." Jimmy said as he smiled
A couple of hours later Jimmy managed to find an ATM, plugged in the enhancer, and made it dispense all the cash that it had, while deleting the ATM camera's recording. He came out with $25,000 and gave each person $5,000.
"I know it's not much but it should get you started." Jimmy said
"Thank you Jimmy! If we ever meet again I'm going to show you the best time!" Said Quinn
"Just make sure that you all stay out of sight and don't do anything that involves fingerprints, pictures, blood samples, and don't get arrested, lay low."
Quinn, Iosif, and Quanesia said their goodbyes and ran away, leaving Tracy and Jimmy.
For some reason Tracy just stood there, looking very shyly at Jimmy.
"Uh... What is it? Don't you want to go home?"
"I... I... I can't go home..."
"Why?"
"If you haven't noticed I'm nine feet tall, and I don't exactly blend into everyone..." Jimmy felt stupid for not noticing Tracy's problem.
"Okay... Uh... So... What do you have in mind?"
"Well... can you... come with me?"
"What?!"
"Please Jimmy! If I go alone I don't know what to do, and the government is going to track me down a lot easier than the rest of you, and I'll be locked up all alone in a cell again and I... I..." Tears started to well in her eyes "I'm afraid... I'm afraid of getting captured again, I'm afraid of getting tested on, I'm afraid I'll never see the sky again, I'm afraid I'll never see my family again, and I'm..."
"Tracy..."
"I'm afraid of using my powers because I don't want to be a monster and get shot at... The first time I grew big I couldn't go back to how I was and now look! So please Jimmy! I need you..."
Jimmy really hated the sound of women crying and begging, not because it was annoying or irritating, but because of his upbringing and the influence his mother, sister, and a friend had on him. 
"Tracy..."
"What?"
"I'll stick with you and get you back to where you want to be."
"Really?!"
"Yes. I'll make sure y-"
Jimmy was lifted off the ground and was given a massive bearhug by Tracy whom had an enormous smile on her face.
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You are the one of the nicest people I've ever met!" She said as she squeezed tighter to show her thanks.
"Tracy.... Can't.... Breathe...."
"Oh! Sorry! I'm sorry!" She put him down and he began to breathe deeply. "I still don't know my own strength..."
"It's... Okay. Anyway, we're going to need a place to stay for a little..."
Jimmy looked around for anywhere that he and Tracy can stay in, then after a half hour of searching he found an old, abandoned looking warehouse.
The door was rusty, some windows were shattered, but aside from that it was fine. They opened the door and saw the place was empty and the walls had graffiti painted all over them.
"I guess this'll do..."
"If you want I'll get us some sleeping bags."
"No, we're all tired. I could fall asleep now actually."
"Okay then... But first, Tracy?"
"Yeah?"
"What you mean by becoming a monster?"
"Well, I gave you that much so... the first time I accidentally used my powers, when I tried to shrink back I was stuck at this height... So, I'm afraid that by using my powers again I might get stuck at something bigger. If I get stuck at fifty, a hundred, hell! They'll be shooting missiles at me like one of those Godzilla movies..."
"I'm sorry I asked."
"It's fine... since we're going to be traveling together we might as well know each other... So what's your story cyborg?" She said jokingly
"Cyborg? What do you- Oh! Wait!"
Jimmy took off the enhancers to show Tracy how he really was.
"Whoa! You're so... Short! Uh... Pardon! I just didn't expect you to be like that!"
"It's okay. Runs in the family."
"Sorry, I wasn't expecting that. So those are..."
"The tech I stole from the military back in Alcatraz? Yeah."
"How did you get in? In fact start from the very beginning! I want to know all about you."
"Well... we definitely have the time... okay!"

Meanwhile back in Alcatraz, General Cassandra Brooks of the top secret black ops team specializing in the capture of Neo-Humans known as the Nightcaps arrived at the site and saw the damage to the area. She went up to the soldier that was shocked in the elevator.
"Soldier, can you put light on the subject? How were all of the Neo-Humans able to escape?" She said in a calm yet piercing voice with her red hair blowing in the sea breeze.
"There was a rogue ma'am. He came in, shocked me, and freed them while I was incapacitated."
"I'm also getting reports that prototype technology was stolen and all the data from the computers were deleted."
"I don't know anything about that ma'am, however I do think that the rogue is the one who stole the technology. His arms and legs were robotic."
"This is going to set us back months. However we are recapturing those fugitives."
"Understood ma'am."
"Were there any casualties?"
"Fortunately none ma'am. However most of our soldiers were injured."
"That is all."
She walked towards the battleground and saw soldiers still being cut out from vines, and the elevated earth around the drone pad.
"These were high profile Neo-Humans, their powers are too dangerous to be left unchecked" she thought "and applying them to the field could greatly turn the tables. With new ones appearing every day this is going to be difficult, however for the good of society we need to do this."

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.