- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Welcome back guys, i'm glad to be updating so soon again. :D

I think I found a pattern why some chapters might be coming out quicker then others... but don't worry about that, thats for me to know and you to maybe find out if you really care that much. :P

I had planned on letting this chapter grow longer but I believe where I ended it fit perfectly for whats to come next. I can't promise the next chapter will be out as soon since there's some important detaisl I need to selectivly add in, so it might take a bit.

But for now, enjoy this and whats to come. :)

 

 

 

 

Leaving Darrowford with little to no difficulty after the majority of its populace were either still sleeping, or too busy with other… activities, Casey made her way north before eventually coming to the same fork in the road she had used originally that lead back to where their hidden encampment was located. Coming to a stop, the Dullahan looked down in silence as she saw her little passenger sitting curled up on her shoulder, her face hidden in her knee’s as she cried softly.

She hadn’t changed at all since they had left. Sighing, the redhead reached into her pocket before pulling out a small scrap of cloth. “Hey… will ya knock it off already? Ya can’t change what’s happened. It’s not like it’s your fault that ya Humans are backstabbin, lousy, good for nothing Monsters… So, stop it already!”

Gritting her teeth as she saw the brunette continue to hide her face, the younger girl sighed again before tucking the cloth back in her pocket. If she wanted to cover her own eyes fine, it was no skin off her back. Continuing her quickening pace, Casey went off the trail before entering the dense forests that resided on both ends of the road.

For normal people they’d probably be a pain to navigate, but, not for her kind. After about a mile in, it wasn’t long till the younger girl heard something that made her stop dead in her tracks. It was just a faint whisper… but it was enough to cause her to clench her fists angrily.

“I-If this is what we are… t-then I’d rather be dead, then be one of them.” Narrowing her eyes, Casey looked down at her shoulder as she saw the smaller girl on lying on her side, her puffy cheeks red and swollen from her tears. It was a frail resemblance of the human she had met earlier.

“Take, take that back…” Sniffling, Abby shook her head as she continued to shiver. “I… I hate, I hate them all… f-for what they did to him. I’d sooner die then-“ Screeching as her sentence was cut off, Abby’s eyes beaded in surprise as she was snatched up off of the child’s shoulder before Casey raised her over her face.

“I said take it back!” Looking up at the Dullahan shocked, the smaller girl lowered her gaze slowly as her depression began to return. “W-Why… why does it matter, what I say? You don’t care anyways…” Screaming as she was flung downward, the brunette clung to the girl's fingers as she was suddenly moving again.

Stomping over to one of the lower hanging trees near her, Casey cursed under her breath angrily before sitting down and bringing the panicked girl back up. “You’re right, I don’t care! But don’t ya ever say somethin’ that dense again ya dumb Human. A life is a life, no matter who it belongs to. Don’t toss words like suicide around for nothin!”

Looking up at the younger girl completely at a loss for words, Abby lowered her gaze, her eyes for some reason unable to meet the redheads. “B-But I-“ “FOR NOTHIN’!” Shrinking a bit, (were that possible) the older girl nodded. Shaking her head, Casey scoffed before rubbing the back of her neck.

“So what if ya owner lost his shop. So what if the damned ingrates stole from him. He’s got his life and that’s enough! He’ll salt the wound and get on with it. Saying something like you said for what had happened it right pisses me off!” She snapped.

“B-B-But… but he did lose his life!” Abby interjected, a fresh wave of tears streaming down her cheeks now as she ripped the bandages right off her freshly made wound. “HE… HE DEDICATED HIS LIFE! HIS, LIFE FOR THEM! HE GAVE THEM HIS YEARS, HIS TIME, HIS EVERYTHING! He… he helped others in need… he helped me when I was alone… he, he saved me… And, and I couldn’t do anything but let him down!” Abby screamed before hanging her head in shame.

Lowering her hand onto her dress, Casey nodded slowly as she saw where that earlier statement had come from. “Then it ain’t them yer mad at…” Sniffling, the smaller girl shook her head before clenching her fists. “I… I left the shop open… I left it alone… w-w-when K-Kari came in… It’s m-my fault…” She stuttered out softly before curling back into a ball.

Resting her chin on her hand, Casey hummed thoughtfully before shaking her head. “Ya left a door open. Ya, let a child in need in. Ya left to help someone… kind ah. Out of all the things that happened, I don’t see ya backstabbing the old man. It ain’t ya fault ya eejit… Given it would be closer to ours than yours… But, even then it’s none of ours either. The only people ya have to truly blame are the Humans who are doin it right now. They know what their doin. They ain’t holdin themselves back. Ya can’t say their actions are your fault too, now can ya?”

Wiping her cheeks off, Abby was silent as she let the younger girls words sink in. It didn’t matter what she thought… it was her fault. She failed… “Even if ya think the worst is here, aw, sure look it don’t it? It ain’t the end of the bloody world. Now, don’t ya ever let me hear ya say those words again, or I’ll give ya a baytin’s so bad you’ll have something real ta fear!” Casey muttered darkly.

Leveling her eyes now, Abby looked up at the younger girl before feeling the words slip out she had been thinking since they had first started… whatever this was. “W-Why are you telling me this…? Why… why are you trying to make me feel better? You hate me… I know you do. S-So why?”

Keeping her gaze indifferent to the smaller girl, Casey was silent for a long moment before she closed her eyes. “Hell if I know. The lot ah good it’ll do for a whiny Human like yerself. But, I figured it would bother me more ta hear ya weepin all the way back.” Looking up at the Dullahan quietly, Abby lowered her head before a small smile made its way to her face.

“T-Thanks… I think.” “Shut it! Let’s get back already. We want to beat Ebon that’s for sure. She’ll be right done by now with her huntin. Pray she had a good catch and she can’t smell ya, otherwise, we’ll both be on the menu tonight.” The redhead chuckled before moving her hand back up to her shoulder.

Stepping off Casey’s hand, Abby was quiet for a moment as she got situated, her thoughts going over all that had been said. “Do… Do you think, I failed him…?” Sighing as she stood up, the younger girl stretched her arms out before reached back and flicking the shrunken teen on the head, much to her surprise.

“I said shut it! That’ll be just the beginnings of what’s to come if I hear another peep out of ya. Let it sleep Abby, it ain’t worth fretting over.” Continuing where she had left off, Casey crossed her arms behind her head once again as she continued her light pace back, all the while unaware of what she had just said.

 

But… the brunette didn’t miss it. After all, that was the first time she had called her by her real name…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“How far out would you say we are?”

 

 “Hell if I know.”

 

“W-W-Wait, b-but you’re leading us!”

 

 “So…?”

 

“SO?! THEN YOU SHOULD KNOW WHERE WE’RE GOING!”

 

 “I KNOW WHERE THE BLOODY HELL I’M GOIN!”

 

 “THEN WHY DID YOU SAY SO!?”

 

 

Butting heads with the redhead, Abby growled angrily up at Casey as they looked around where they were. She was beginning to think the Dullahan didn’t, in fact, know the way back. “I’m telling you we’re going the wrong way!” “AN' 'OY WOULD YA EVEN KNOW THAT? YA WAS BLINDFOLDED YA DUMB TWAT!”

Pointing to the oceans west of them, the brunette crossed her arms aggressively. “I smelled the sea breeze when we passed it. We’re too far out now. You’re going away from the water!” Tsking, Casey rubbed the back of her head before looking away.

“Dumb lass, can’t even tell an ocean from a puddle…” Stomping her foot, Abby was about to retort before the girl relented and turned around. “Fine, I recall water to… we might as well get it over with ta prove ya wrong.” Nodding her head, Abby smiled before the last of the girl's words caught up with her.

“H-HEY!” Smirking, Casey crossed her arms before looking around. Of course, she had to take a short cut. Why bother taking the usual route Najia had shown them when she could cut out a couple miles to save time. Sighing, she rubbed the back of her neck gently before feeling her hand poked.

“Knock it off.” Blinking, Casey looked down at Abby in surprise before scowling. “The fuck are ya talkin’ about?” “Don’t rub the bandages or you’ll loosen your stitches. Kari told you not to do that, remember?” Groaning, the redhead hung her head before clenching her face. “Oh for fuck's sake, not ye to. Are ya gonna lecture me like the wee boyd does now?!”

Nodding her head, Abby smirked as she heard the younger girl groan louder. “Fuck me, it’s like having ah tinier Kari trailing me around all over again.” She had thought that phase of her life was over. Crossing her arms over her kneecaps, Abby thought over her words for a moment before thinking back to the little witch at hand.

“Can I ask you something?” “No.” “How did this Kitsune of yours come to raise the four of you?” Slowing down her pace a bit, Casey frowned as her question was asked anyways. “Well, that’s a bit complicated ta answer. First off, let me break the notion it’s just the four of us.”

Furrowing her brow, the brunette was about to ask before the Dullahan gave her a knowing look. “W-Wait… so there’s, more of you in there?” Nodding her head, Casey smirked as she saw disbelief written over the shrunken girl’s features. “Yup, our numbers have grown a lot over the years. Take that four of yours and triple it. That’ll be a bit more accurate to our numbers.” She laughed before stiffening.

‘THE FUCK DID I TELL HER THAT FOR?!’ She had just told a human how many of their kind was in hiding! Scowling, a bit, Casey rubbed the back of her neck with worry before looking back down at Abby. She looked, thoughtful about her statement… but, not like she was plotting. Scratching her cheek, the redhead sighed softly before quickening her pace once again.

Thankfully it didn’t seem like she had any more- “Do you all live in separate rooms like Kari and Nya?” “Oh for fuck's sake just shut up already!” jumping a bit, Abby looked up at Casey confused before seeing the doubt in her eyes. “Why do you care what we do or how we live our lives? It’s none of your concern... so bud out.”

Lowering her gaze, Abby sat quietly before shaking her head. “S-Sorry… I just wanted to talk a little. I didn’t mean to pry. I know you don’t like us… us humans.” Souring a bit, Casey bit her tongue as she looked away. She was under no obligation to speak. Especially not to some no good, bloody Human…

Frowning, the redhead chewed on her tongue before clenching her eyes. ‘What the fuck’s goin on with me?’ “We don’t get along, ok?” Looking up, Abby turned her head to the side a bit as she tried to figure out the younger girl’s words. “Y-You mean, with the other girls?”

Nodding quietly, the younger girl crossed her arms before looking away. “We Hominal don’t much care for other kinds of races. We stick to our own and let bygones be bygones. Bestials are about the same, but on rare occasions, they stick in packs with other types for safety or numbers.  Our very nature right now is warped. So we just avoid one another, simple as that.”

Thinking over the child’s words, Abby shook her head slowly. “But, I don’t understand. Don’t all Mon- err, Hominal and Bestial get along? Aren’t you supposed to be the same?” Snorting, Casey burst into a loud fit of laughter causing the smaller girl to jump back in surprise.

Clutching her stomach, Casey continued to chuckle before wiping her eyes dry. That was hilarious! “Y-Yeah, we’re one big fuckin family! A-And, and don’t all ye Human’s do the same then? What do ya live together, eat together, love one another? Every one of ya? The bakers, the smiths, and…” She paused before flashing the smaller girl a cruel smile.

“The killers?” Looking back at Casey, Abby scowled as she thought over her statement. “W-Well… we, we do get along… I suppose. But, that’s a bit different. What do you mean by killers?” Shaking her head, the Dullahan sighed before propping her hands behind her head.

“Ya may look older than me, but I swear ya but a child.” Ignoring her comment, the brunette chose to listen in favor of battling with her own words again. “If ya live with people who steal from one another, ya won’t trust each other. If ya live with people who kill one another, ya will want to kill first before you end up dyin. Ya Humans live with Humans, just like we live with OUR, own kind. Not all of us are the same ya eejit. Dullahan with Dullahan, Human with Human…”

Lowering her head now, Abby nodded as it started to make sense. Certain species of Monster didn’t get along with others. They each kept to their own unique races.  She had never thought of it like that before, but the redhead kind of had a point. Not all humans lived together in that same sense either. And they certainly didn’t live alongside Monsters. Who’s to say that they didn’t do the same with other Monsters?

“So… do you not trust each other then?” Shaking her head, Casey groaned before stopping once again. “Ya won’t shut up will ya? Sheesh, if I knew you’d be this chatty I’d be in favor of having ya cry some more instead.” Scowling, Abby ignored her once more as she listened. This was very insightful to the world of Monsters… the world she was beginning to believe she hardly knew anything about.

“All our species have their own agenda, just like ya Humans do. Now I know ya have a tiny brain in that tiny body of yours, but try and wrap your head around the fact that not all of our agendas match.” Groaning, Abby hung her head as she was talked down to yet again. It seemed like she was beginning to find a commonality with her bashing their kind.

“So if you all hate each other then why are you all together then?” Freezing up mid-step, Casey stiffened as she listed to the smaller girl’s words. She hadn’t been prepared for a question like that. “Uh… w-well…” Looking up at the redhead confused, Abby soon grew worried as she saw something new on the mouthy girl’s features… sadness.

 “I’d… I’d rather we not talk about it. I’ve said enough already. Let’s just get back…” Frowning, Abby nodded before looking down. Did she cross some type of line? Looking back over to the ocean as it came into view, the shrunken teen continued to peek up between the Dullahan and their surroundings… but she didn’t seem as loose-lipped anymore.

‘To bad… I kind of felt like I was talking with a Human and not a Monster…’ Feeling guilt immediately after that thought, Abby shook her head. Why was she feeling such conflicting emotions whenever she thought of them like that? They were Monsters after all… or this Hominal and Beastial things they liked to call themselves. They hurt humans, and apparently each other… So why, was it beginning to bug her?

She didn’t honestly have an answer to that… Walking in silence one again, Casey glanced down to her shrunken passenger before closing her eyes. She was glad the brunette had dropped it. There were parts of their lives all of them wanted to forget. It was no use having her bring them up since she was just going to leave after everything was said and done… one way or another.

Stumbling through the foliage around her as she tried to get to the coastline, the Dullahan soon broke through the greenery before her eyes lit up. “Oh fuckin finally, I thought we’d never get back.” Blinking, Abby looked around before nodding slowly. She had been right, they were by the beach. Sniffing the air, she nodded once more. Even the scents around her smelled the same. She knew she hadn’t been wrong. It was hard to misplace such a thing as the salty air of a sea breeze.

“Alright, if we came west of here, then that just means we need to go south-“ “North,” “Shut up, I know that!” Hearing the redhead cursing under her breath as they walked, Abby closed her eyes before chuckling. “I bet you’re glad I’m here now, aren’t you?” “Fuck off!”

Yep, she was glad. Watching as they began to press forward towards a large set of cliffs, the brunette frowned. They were staying in some type of cave system. Was this it? If so it surprised her greatly. She didn’t think there were any canyons near her town. It was mostly marshy wetlands with the ocean a few miles off.

“Alright, now I know where we are.” Looking up at the redhead as she grinned, the Dullahan quickened her pace. “Right, let's hurry back so you can make that magic mumbo jumbo and heal up Najia, alright?” Scowling at her work being called mumbo jumbo, Abby was about to bite back before noticing something strange…

They had stopped moving. “C-Casey?” Standing as stiff as a board, the younger girl gazed off into the distance for a moment before narrowing her eyes. “H-Hey, what’s the mat-““Shush!” Going silent, Abby nodded as she looked around as well. Was there something there?

Gulping silently, the redhead looked to the sky before visibly paling. “S-S-Shit, shit, shit, shit she’s back!” Looking back where the Dullahan had been peering prior, the brunette tried to see what she had seen but she wasn’t given the chance.

Snatching the smaller girl off her shoulder, Casey broke into a sprint as she tried to make some distance between them before it was too late. “Fuck me, she’s here already?! I thought I had time, that lousy hunter…” Glancing back over her shoulder again, the redhead growled. She wasn’t going to make it to the cave in time.

She had to think! Time was running out. It was just a matter of time till she saw her. Hell, she probably already did with her damned lizard eyes. The real issue was with that fucking nose! She would smell the smaller human the moment she got within running distance. She had to think, think of something, anything!

Screeching to a standstill halt, much to her buckling legs dismay, Casey’s eyes beaded before she grit her teeth, her cheeks flushing red with embarrassment. “FUCKING HELL!”  Moving to the side so she was out of view if only by a bit, the redhead kneeled down before dropping the startled, miniature girl onto the ground between her feet.

Stumbling as she was placed into the sand, Abby groaned as she tried to regain her senses. She was practically tossed around in every direction! “W-W-What the hell was that about. Casey? C-Casey…” Looking upwards in confusion, the brunette’s features suddenly darkened as she saw a rather obscene sight presented to her.

Kneeling over the shrunken human, the redhead blushed furiously as her stitched hand moved over her crotch. Watching in morbid curiosity, the teen’s face immediately lit up as she watched the fabric of her white panties suddenly fade away till just her exposed privates were displayed to her. ‘W-W-What h-happened to her c-clothes?!’

They just vanished before her eyes! Glancing over her shoulder once again, Casey shivered before looking down at Abby apologetically. “S-S-Sorry!”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Crashing down into the sand, dirt flew in every direction as a small black form rose from her rapid descent. “Three minutes and 17 seconds… no signs of improvement…” Dusting herself off from the seemingly horrific fall she had, Ebon adjusted her shoulders before folding her wings behind her. Perhaps tomorrow would bring a better day.

Glancing down to her left, the little dragon girl observed the two rabbits she had caught before closing her eyes. Hopefully, Najia would get well soon. She couldn’t keep this up without flying. And regrettably, that just wasn’t in her near future. Looking beside her as her crimson eyes zeroed in on the other person near her, the little dragoness began making her way over to her as she observed her curiously.

“Casey, I didn’t take you as one to leave the nest so freely. Why are you out here?” Clenching her fists, the redhead raised her hand in the air before extending a certain finger towards the younger girl angrily. “Can’t you see I’m taking a piss here, get gone! Sheesh, I come all the way out here to not be disturbed and I have ya spying on me!”

Ignoring the older girl’s words, Ebon’s nose twitched slightly before she turned away. “Clean yourself before coming back inside...” Walking past the Dullahan as she laced her words with the varies curses she was already accustomed to, the noirette made her way back to their home. She wasn’t going to bother with trying to figure out what was going through that headless girl's mind.

 

If she wanted her privacy, she had plenty back in the cave. But, what did she care? She wasn’t her responsibility… well, not like Ivy at least.

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Feeling her bladder just beginning to empty, Casey looked over her shoulder fearfully before letting out a sigh of relief as she watched the younger girl walk out of site. “Damned lizard, I thought I was done for the minute she came waltzin over here.” Looking between her legs, the Dullahan rubbed the back of her head sheepishly as she gazed down at the mess she had made beneath her.

 

“S-So… It's a little late to tell ya to hold ye breath, isn't it?”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Look I said I’m sorry, can’t ya just drop it already?”

 

“BITE ME!”

 

“Oh for cryin out loud, would ya knock it off! For fucks sakes, it was just a splash.”

 

“LIKE HELL I’LL DROP IT, YOU PEED ON ME!”

 

“WELL, WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO, LET YA BE FOUND! SHE CAN SMELL YA, YA DUMBASS!”

 

“YOU COULD HAVE BURIED ME IN THE SAND TO BLOCK OUT MY SCENT!”

 

“Oh… I hadn’t thought of that actually...”

 

Smiling coyly as she sat over Najia, Kari giggled as she heard both her friend and Abby screaming at each other as the redhead bathed the smaller girl in one of the streams that lined the walls of their cave. She hadn’t been privileged to whatever had brought this on, but it was kind of funny to hear. It also helped with the mood greatly.

Looking down at the blonde before her, the little witch sighed sadly. “Drink this Najia and rest. It's our turn to look after you now.” Pouring the medicine down her throat, the younger girl tilted her head so it went down easier. This wouldn’t be a one stop cure, but it sure would make their lives a lot easier with treating her from here on out.

It really was lucky the brunette had come around to helping her. She had never thought about red blood cells or trying to reproduce them. Looking back at Casey as she screamed profanities at the equally enraged Abby, Kari giggled once more.

“You know she’s right, you could have hidden her underground to mask her scent, Casey.” “OH FUCK OFF YA BOYD WANE!” “And Abby you should be more thankful to her. Ammonia will mess with a Dragon’s sense of smell like nothing else.” “I’M NOT GOING TO FORGIVE HER FOR PISSING ON ME!”

Shrugging her shoulders, Kari sighed. She tried to defend both their points but, oh well. Scrubbing down her hair as she rinsed out the last of the younger girls waste, Abby growled as she scraped a small stone over her skin as a sort of makeshift sponge. She could wash her urine off sure, but the smell would be sticking with her for quite some time. Not to mention her dress was totally ruined.

Glancing down at the ratty rag of clothing she had been given as it soaked in the waters beside her, the brunette sighed. It wasn’t much to look at but she shuddered to put it back on after how it ended up. “HEY KARI, I DON’T SUPPOSE YOU HAVE ANOTHER DRESS MADE… Do you?” the shrunken girl called out loudly over the roaring waters.

Moving the bowl she had been carrying back over to the table, the little blonde shook her head sadly. “Sorry Abby, that was it. B-B-But I’ll make you a new one right away, alright?” Nodding begrudgingly, the teenager sighed before dunking her head underwater.

Shaking away the last of the grime that had found its way onto her, she nodded before coming back up for air. “Hey Casey, I’m done now, take me out.” Scoffing as she laid beside the rocks, the redhead lowered her hand into the water before pulling the shivering girl from her bath. “So, do ya forgive me now?” “No.”

Growling, Casey got up angrily before storming back over to the table. “Fucking hell, you're ungrateful ya know that? I save ya and this is the thanks I get. Next time I’ll chuck ya into the ocean, how does that sound?” Snarling even more as she was blatantly ignored by the brunette, the redhead flicked her off her hand before walking away from the table.

“WELL FUCK YA TO! I’ll sit next to the damned cat. At least she’ll appreciate the company!” Casey ranted angrily as she made her way over to Nya who had been sleeping through this all since they had returned. Shaking off the water over her naked body, Abby jumped in surprise as she felt something warm placed around her. “H-Here, this should dry you off faster and cover you up to. L-Like I said it will take a little time to make you something new to wear. We… we don’t really have a lot of supplies down here as you’d imagine.”

Smiling up at the child thankfully, Abby sat down before drying her hair off. “Just as long as I can get something and I’m not stuck like this I’ll be good. I still can’t believe she did that to me…” Nodding her head, Kari smiled sheepishly before looking over to her two friends.

“Give her some credit. Would you rather be six feet under water or six feet underground?” “If that water is yellow and smells like death then I pick neither.” Giggling, the younger girl grinned before moving next to her.

“She said she was sorry, come on, please forgive her!” Looking up at the little witch, Abby sighed before glancing to the Dullahan currently being ignored by the Neko as well. “Fine… I forgive her. B-B-But next time she needs to ask me before she does something like that!” Crossing her heart, Kari grinned before patting the smaller girls head. “I’ll make her aware.”

Standing up and tucking the small cloth over her chest, the brunette began trekking the table before reaching the end shortly. “So how’s her condition now? Is she breathing easier?” Nodding happily, Kari smiled down at her warmly as she began going over the effects that were beginning to take place. “I think whatever it was you gave her is already taking effect. She’s stopped sweating as much and her breathings become less rugged. It’s a miracle really!”

Smiling thoughtfully, Abby nodded as she gazed over the Kitsune. ‘A miracle indeed…’ The medicine they made should have taken about a day to have noticeable effects, yet she seemed to already have taken to it the moment it entered her body. Perhaps Kitsune’s had stronger immune systems than other creatures. Either that or they just naturally healed fast.

All and all, it pointed to her getting out of here sooner, though. “H-H-Hey… Abby…?” Looking way from the unconscious girl and up at the younger one, the brunette nodded as she saw sadness written over Kari’s face. “I… I’m sorry, about everything that happened to your Master’s clinic. I… I-It’s my fault, isn’t it?” She sniffled, before shivering slowly.

Feeling her breath hitch as her memories began coming back, Abby lowered her gaze as she mulled over the child’s words. ‘She kidnapped me… left the door open on her way out… and drew a crowd to our home with her very presence…’ The fault was definitely there…

But, it was someone else’s words that made her realize, that it wasn’t hers. “N-No Kari… it’s not your fault.” Sniffling as tears dripped down her cheeks, the blonde kneeled down till her face was resting right in front of hers. “A-A-Are you s-sure? I… I could have done something… different. I, I… I could have-“

Raising her hand up to silence her, Abby shook her head solemnly before looking away bitterly. “It’s not your fault. If anyone’s to blame… it’s both the people of my town… and me…” Clutching the table sadly, Kari shook her head furiously before sniveling. “Don’t say it’s your fault, I shrank you and took you here! You didn’t do anything!”

Chuckling morbidly, the teen simply shook her head. “I… I left the door open… the door that let you in. I screamed witch… and people came. I, I did things… wrong, Kari. And this is the price I'm forced to pay.” Screaming in surprise as something slammed down next to her, Abby fell over in fright before paling as she saw Casey standing over her, her expression void of emotion.

“And what did I tell ya about talkin like that?” Looking between both girls, Kari sputtered before waving her hands defensively. “W-W-Wait, I, I asked her and-““ZIP IT! THIS IS BETWEEN ME AND HER!” Shrinking from her friend’s words, the little witch frowned before looking back down at Abby.

Crossing her arms darkly, the redhead shook her head before grinding her teeth. “Blamin yerself is like tryin to blame ah natural disaster for wreckin shit. Ya have no power over that, just like ya have no power over this.” Opening her mouth to speak, Abby swiftly found herself silenced as she was clench on all sides by the volatile girl’s hands.

“I’m not done! I told ya to knock that shit off earlier, but it’s clear ya won’t so yer comin with me.” Yelping as she was brought down to the Dullahan’s side, Abby struggled in the younger girls grip, but that did her no good.

Panicking as she saw her friend beginning to leave the cavern, Kari tried to interject but one hostile look from the redhead made her shrink back in fear. “I won’t hurt her damn it! So piss off and let me leave!” Nodding timidly, Kari whimpered as she saw her friend taking the shrunken girl with her.

 

She didn’t know what it was that set her off so much… but she just hoped Casey didn’t do something she’d come to regret later…

 

 

 

To be continued.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

Well I hope you liked it. I know that these chapters might not be as long as some of the others but like I said, I thought this was a perfect place to stop it for whats coming next so please tell me your thoughts thus far.

You know I adore your words and I love how insightful you've all been so far. :D

It's really made me happy to write for you. :3

I'll try updating soon so stay tuned!