- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hiya all :D

Back with a new chapter here!

Sorry for the delay, Things are a bit hectic after coming back home xD

Hopefully you all like the chapter. Had F.W help once more with this one so you'll see some of his usual touches here and there no doubt.

Enjoy and review please :D

 

 

'Fire… so, much, fire… Ember’s in my lungs… a burning sensation in my chest. Smog in my eyes. What pain, could compare, to this. But, one did surpass it all. The pain, of losing someone close to you…’

Staring down at her mother’s unmoving form, the fire continued to erupt all around Abby as she wept in despair. Gazing through the blaze with evaporated tears, the brunette screamed as she shook her. Why, why wasn’t she moving? Why wasn’t she answering her!

“Mommy! Mommy!” Her screams were all in vain, though. She could no longer hear her. No longer speak to her. No longer hold in her arms, and comfort her. She was just… gone. Clinging to her mother’s lifeless form in agony, Abby stared upward transfixed on the figure before her. Why had it done this to her? Why did it do this to her Mother!

Standing over her now, the fiery creature that tormented her family watched her as the heat grew more intense. Her eyes, red like blood. Her ears pointed upward like the horns of a demon. Her teeth barbed and sharp like jagged pillars of stone.

This hellspawn was staring her down, its eyes glaring at her hatefully. Sniffling as more smoke entered her lungs, Abby’s could only whimper as she continued to cling to her mother. What now… what was left? What would happen…Why… just… why…?

Growling gutturally, and in a tone not of this earth, the fiery monster before her soon opened its jaws, before its all-encompassing voice rang out once more, like an announcement. A call… of death…

 

 "AAAARRH-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!"

 

Cupping her ears in pain as the bloodthirsty war cry sounded, Abby’s eyes widened in horror as a shadow loomed over her. Looking up in tears, the child was rendered helpless, as she watched it coming closer. Every action it made was like a deafening staccato. Fire, lashing out and cracking in the air… grass, screaming as it shriveled from the heat around it… wood, sizzling as it splintered apart.

Everyone and everything… was helpless… to this being. It was like a deity… one, of death. And it was upon her. It’s conical digits soon, reaching for her neck. As it came closer…

 

And closer…

 

And…

 

Close-

 

 

“Awaken!”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Gasping for air, Abby’s eyes widened in an instant as she shot upward. Cupping her chest as her heart beat in rapid succession, the teenager choked on her breath before coughing as she tried to calm herself down. What… what was that!

Letting out a scream of fright as something touched her back, the brunette fell forward before looking up in fear, but, it all fell away and the terror she felt was replaced with calming warmth as she saw what it was… or more, who it was.

Looking down at the sweating girl as she laid naked and afraid on her bed, Eve was sullen as she moved to gently pet the smaller girl once more. She hadn’t meant to frighten her, quite the opposite in fact. “There, there… It’s only me. You were having a bad dream my amore. You’re alright, I assure you.”

Feeling her heart rate going down, Abby slowly nodded before falling back into the bed as she closed her eyes. It happened again. ‘What the hell was that?’ Was it a dream? A memory… A premonition…? Feeling the Vampire’s fingers caressing her face slowly, Abby nuzzled closer before kissing the blonde's fingertips.

“W-Was I screaming…?” Shaking her head softly, Eve was silent for a moment as she recalled what she had seen moments before. It had happened almost in a blur really. “If you did, it wasn’t what woke me up. Or more, broke me from my meditation. I heard you whimpering in your sleep. And you were sweating as if a fever had settled over you. Perhaps waking you was a mistake… but, I couldn’t bear to see you as you were. What did you see that perturbed you? And if so, can I help you in any way?” Eve whispered, her tone full or concern, and, curiosity.

Leaning into Eve’s hand as she felt the warmth of the older girl’s fingers, Abby frowned as she tried to remember it. She couldn’t though. “I don’t know… I guess it was just another nightmare…” Frowning at the mention of *another*, Eve nodded quietly before gently moving her fingers beneath the brunette and cradling her in her palm.

“Well… regardless, it seems you’re now up, as am I. I’d ask how you slept… but, we both know it was unwell…” She muttered regretfully. Yawning tiredly, Abby nodded as she felt herself being lifted upward. She felt a bit weak really. Or more, drained…

What time was it? Looking towards the Vampire for an answer, Eve smiled softly before closing her eyes. “It’s just before dawn. No doubt the sun will rise in an hour or two.” Nodding, Abby relaxed her body as she was gently cupped into the blondes… chest. Blushing faintly, the teenager bit her lip as she saw the Vampiress still bare in all her glory… as was she.

Smirking at the smaller girls thoughts being relayed to her, Eve let out a quiet chuckle before shaking her head. “I had hoped that by us consummating you wouldn’t feel that way anymore. But, I see now that a prude will always be, a prude~.” She teased before leaning down and giving the brunette a small peck on her head.

Smiling softly as they discussed such a thing as casually as they were, Abby shook her head before sighing. “I can’t help it… It’s not like this is something I’m used to yet.” She had only really started to open up to these feelings last night. But what a night it was…

Forgetting this morning’s troubles as she recalled the wonderful night they shared, Abby blushed further as her smile continued to dance across her lips. ‘One of you…’ It was funny how a few simple words could fill her with so much joy. She felt like she had been accepted by them now. Or, at least by Eve. But, that wasn’t true. Plenty of the girls here liked her. And some even loved her.

She really was accepted here… regardless if some of them didn’t like her kind. But… maybe she wasn’t truly accepted as she thought then…  Hearing an airy sigh above her, Abby looked upward before frowning as she saw the sorrowful look the Vampire wore. “Ebon, I’m afraid, will probably never accept you, Abby. This is just a sad realization you’ll have to come to terms with. People like her… are rare and few. Yet we still house a couple of girls here who think the same way. They harbor a hatred not easily forgiven. I should know. I was just like them once, until Najia showed me the error of my ways. But I wouldn’t dwell on that. Instead, I would think about all the lives you’ve changed since coming here instead. Like… mine.”

Smiling quietly as the Vampire smiled down at her, the older girls long and colorful locks were disorderly and askew as she folded some of her bangs behind her ears. It was different to see her like this. She looked like a normal child now almost.

Shifting her smile to a scowl, Eve huffed before looking away. “I’m not a child… I would appreciate you not thinking me one be it in looks or in temper, considering I bed you~. Fufufu~.” Blushing red in an instant, Abby fidgeted before nodding. She kind of had a point…

Cupping the smaller girl into her chest as she laid against her bedframe, Eve smiled quietly as she simply enjoyed their amusing moment. She would treasure this memory for a long time. But most of all, she would enjoy it now in the present. That what it felt like anyway. A gift, just for her…

However, this moment would have to wait as she heard the brunette’s voice ring out once more. “Eve… what did you mean by a couple?” Blinking in confusion, the Vampiress looked back down at her as she saw a hint of worry on the brunettes face. “Ebon doesn’t like me… but, is there someone else here who hates humans as much as her?” Abby whispered, fear evident in her tone.

Growing quiet as her eyes hazed over, Eve wondered whether it was worth mentioning now or not… but, she had brought it up regardless. It was her duty to finish what she started. “There is… another… She holds a deep resentment in her heart for humans just like Ebon does… but, unlike her; she holds all races to that same standard of hatred. Her name… is Enya.”

Feeling a chill run down her spine from the name, Abby shuddered. Watching the troubled look Eve wore, the smaller girl eventually broke their silence. “W-Who is she? And… what, is she…?” Closing her eyes quietly, Eve was silent as she simply shook her head.

“She’s a stray that Najia adopted a couple months back not too far from here… and as for what she is… She IS, a Monster.” Snapping her eyes back open, there was no hint of mirth or animosity in the Vampires eyes, only complete and utter solemnity. Feeling the hair on the back of her neck rise now, Abby lowered her eyes as she saw the dark look the older girl wore.

‘A Monster…’ The blonde was rather vocal about calling their kind that but… the way she said it just now… made it sound like she really thought this girl of it. “I do.” Snapping her eyes back to Eve in surprise, the Vampire scowled down at Abby before shaking her head.

“Enya is the name Najia gave this creature. The reason for this is because when she first tried to talk to her and ask her real name, this… thing, attacked her. She outright tried to kill her…” Eve whispered, her eyes glowing in anger as she thought back on the moment they had all come in contact with her… no, it. Monsters were simply… Monsters.

Feeling her jaw trembling in shock, the teenager was speechless by what she was hearing. “S-She tried, to kill her…?” Nodding darkly, the Vampire glared off distantly as her freehand fiddled with her blonde locks. “Yes. And had it been anyone in our group other than Najia who confronted her… she probably would have. E-Even me…”

Recoiling back now in disbelief, Abby was rendered speechless now. Something in these caves was stronger than Eve?! She had seen the blonde toss around a Dragon with her bare hands! Just what type of a Monster was this girl!

Closing her eyes once more, Eve simply shook her head. “The type you’d best stay away from. As I said, her hatred is unbiased. She despises all things simply because she does. You would do well to remember that. But, currently, this is rather moot. Enya is in a forced state of hibernation right now courtesy of Najia. She shouldn't be waking anytime soon. So rest easy Abby. You’re not in any danger of her.” Eve smiled.

Hearing the Vampires calming words had some effect on the shrunken human, yet, a general sense of uncertainty still lingered. Just the fact of knowing something so dangerous was here in these caverns troubled her. Feeling a finger placed atop her head, the brunette slowly began to smile as she was gingerly pet.

“If you’d like I can make you forget what I just said. It will calm your nerves were my words did not…” Eve mumbled.  Shaking her head quietly, Abby soon sighed as Eve had done prior. “No… it’s better to know what’s down here with me rather than being ignorant of it… e-even if just knowing about it scares the hell out of me…”

Smiling at the wise words of her younger amore, Eve leaned her head down before giving the smaller girl another peck on her forehead. “Indeed. But let’s not dwell on… Enya. Instead, let’s take this time to ourselves. If you’d like… I could give you another lesson on honesty. Why don’t you tell me what you want~, and I’ll see to it that I give you it, and so, much, more~.” Eve purred.

Blushing as the atmosphere of their conversation took a full swing turn, Abby scratched her cheek sheepishly as a small smile crept across her lips. ‘M-Maybe…’ It didn’t sound that unappealing right now really. Hearing a harmonious chuckle above her, Eve nodded before bringing Abby up towards her lips.

“Indeed~.” Leaning her face forward, Abby’s eyes closed happily as she felt the older girl’s breath wash over her again. There was that same fruity hint she smelled the night before, maybe it was natural. All she knew though was she liked it. It was a smell she instantly associated with her. And it made her feel at peace…

Opening her eyes slowly, Abby soon frowned as she thought back to something she had heard. This sounded familiar. “Eve?” Pausing as she leaned down right before giving the smaller girl her kiss, the Vampire scowled from her interrupted actions before staring the teenager down quizzically. “What is it?”

Wondering for a moment how to ask this, the brunette eventually just ended up saying it… even if it sounded weird in general. “Do… do I smell like something to you?” Giving the younger girl a blank look, Eve furrowed her brow. Where the hell did that come from?

“If you mean do you smell bad, I can assure you that you do not my amore.” Eve deadpanned earning a flustered look from the smaller girl. “N-No that’s not what I meant! I mean, do… do I have a scent? Or, something…” Pursing her lips momentarily, Eve twitched her nose before humming.

“Vanilla I believe. Why?” Sputtering in disbelief, Abby could only gawk in surprise. “R-Really…?” Nodding, the Vampire soon pulled away as she saw the disbelieving look the human wore. “Your questions rather specific, did someone bring this to your attention recently?” Nodding quietly, Abby lifted her hand up briefly as she looked it over.

“Poppy said the same thing. But… I don’t smell anything. Does everyone have some kind of a hidden smell or something?” Sighing from the lesson she was now about to teach her diminutive mate instead of the fun they could be having instead, the little Vampire began tucking her locks behind her ears as she nodded her head.

“Indeed. To every creature, a smell is imprinted into them. Some are noticeable straight away while others are harder to pinpoint. Humans, however, can generally not smell it, unlike our kinds which have a naturally higher sense of smell. Yours, for instance, is an easy one. You have a strong aroma of sweetness with a rich fragrance, hence, Vanilla. It’s rare and few but a couple of girls in here have it too. One of which is the aforementioned Monster we just talked about. The other would be Kari.  It’s something usually handed down when a Hominal or Beastial has a biological human parent. This, of course, is random and more natural for you humans to have. The scents are genetic by nature. Mine from what Najia has told me is rain… or more, the scent of it after it has rained. Though I find this to be an odd one and less than appealing…” Eve mumbled.

Thinking it over for a moment, Abby slowly began to nod. “So, everyone has one then?” Nodding once more, Eve lifted up her freehand before counting some off with her fingers. “Brook smells heavily of coconut to me, a foreign smell but appealing none the less. Poppy’s is an earthly one, almost like gravel and stone. It’s much less appealing. The ragdoll begrudgingly smells like sea salt or perhaps sea breeze. I’ve never been around her enough to care to find out. Kari, as I stated, smells like Vanilla to me the same as you albeit a different hint and fragrance of it. And as for my Familiars, they both have a different scent regardless of origin. One smells of lavender and the other of lemon. No two scents are exactly alike but many can be close or the same. It’s another way for our kind to track down each other or warn us if enemies are coming.” Eve finally finished. She wanted to condense this knowledge as much as she could for her shrunken partner to understand. There was a lot more she could have gone into but the gist was there. Plus, she was looking forward to getting back to where they had left off…

Letting the long explanation sink in as she thought it over, Abby soon nodded before a small smile found its way to her lips. “You girls really are amazing…” Chuckling softly, Eve shook her head before lifting Abby back towards her lips. “Something as simple as smelling each other shouldn’t be worth your praise my amore. So let’s set aside these notions for now… and continue where we left off~.” Eve purred.

Blushing once more, Abby slowly nodded as she was brought back towards the Vampires lips once again. It seemed Eve really wanted this. But, then again a part of her kind of did too. It seemed they were going to start their morning off how they ended their night…

 

“Mistress, Mistress! “

“Mistress, Mistress!”

 

Hearing a snarl above her, Abby opened her eyes back up before feeling her lips twitch into an amused look as she saw the irritation written over Eve’s face. She recognized those voices. Cracking an eye open herself as she bared her fangs, the Vampiress growled as she saw both Emma and Ella prancing into the room giddily as they usually did. Though, their timing was always impeccably awful.

“What is it?!” Eve snapped causing both Imps’ to cry in fright as they skid to a halt near her bedframe. Clinging to each other as they whimpered, both the shade Imp and the Twee Imp raised a hand up to their foreheads before saluting her.

“W-We came to inform you as usual Mistress!” “Yeah, yeah! CC is running all around looking for Big Sis! She says she’s going to tear the caves apart one by one!” “Yeah! And KK said she wanted to talk to Sis too! We just thought you’d want to know!”  “We tried to tell you last night but you played with us before we could let you know!”

They whined, their voices both finishing and starting off each other’s words as they continued to hug one another. Rubbing the bridge of her nose as she fumed loudly, Eve cracked open both her red eyes now as she stared her two familiars down.

“I wasn’t playing with you two you twits. If I am ever… EVER, alone with my Abby… then you are to stay far, far away. Do I make myself clear?” She whispered her tone both gentle yet hostile as she watched the two twins shivering from her words.

 

“Y-Yes mam!”

“Y-Yes mam!”

 

Watching the interaction quietly, Abby couldn’t help but smile through it all. It was hard at first to tell what kind of a relationship Eve shared with the two Imps but it really was that of Master and minions. It was kind of cute, though, somewhat disconcerting.

As the Two imp continued to tremble, whatever fear or trouble they felt was gone within a second as their eyes landed on Abby. “BIG SIS!” “BIG SIS!” Smiling sheepishly, Abby waved down to the two younger girls as they quietly chittered on the floor, a sound she now knew they used whenever they were excited.

“You look cute today Sis!” “Yeah, yeah! Did Mistress mate with you? Are you now really our Big Sis?!” They cried happily. Flushing red, Abby bit her lip in embarrassment as she tried to figure out a way to tell them no. ‘And they look so happy about it to…’ Did being Eve’s mate, excite them that much?

“No, I’m afraid. She is not my mate… Yet.” Eve muttered succinctly. Hearing a whining cry below, Abby looked down at the twins before looking back at the Vampiress but it seemed she already took control of the situation.

Brushing her locks with her free hand as she straightened her morning hair out, the Vampire sighed before snapping her eyes back to the two familiars beneath her. “Both of you knock it off!” Eeping again, both sisters clung to one another before whimpering as they watched the Vampire slowly beginning to crawl out of bed… their eyes clinging to Eve’s nude form as they revered her.

Standing up slowly knowing her earlier activities with Abby were now null and void, the Hominal paced towards her desk confidently as she moved to set the smaller girl she held back down. “I don’t want either of you to say anything in regards towards my future mate and me or our relationship currently. This is between us, not you two.” Eve warned as she let the brunette slid off her fingers.

Landing on the cold desk as she felt the heat leave her form, the teenager shivered from the cold stone room as she watched the events play out. She kind of wanted to see how they acted together more. She had only seen glimpses here and there.

Nodding their heads vigorously, both sisters continued to watch their Mistress as they half listened to what she was saying, their eyes more focused on her bare form as she began to dress. “Furthermore you can stop calling her *big sis*, I don’t even know why you started to be perfectly honest… Call her by her name or what she wishes. And lastly… once again… Stop, calling me, MISTRESS!” Eve snapped as she pulled her panties up.

As she began to put her shirt on, however, a duel toned whine soon brought Eve back to the present. Looking over at the two smaller Hominal as they pouted, a vain soon pulsed over the Vampire’s brow. “DID YOU EVEN HEAR A THING I SAID YOU LICENTIOUS FOOLS?!”

Crying in fear, both Imp’s quickly began shaking their heads… though, that only seemed to make the Vampire angrier. Clenching her hand into a fist, Eve breathed through her teeth as she began counting in her head. She hated them sometimes… she really did…

Hanging her feet over the side of the desk as she saw the blonde changing into her normal attire, or at least the one she usually wore around her, a smile rested over Abby’s lips as she watched the interaction.  “You two really like your Mistress don’t you?” Looking up at Abby now since all the parts they wanted to see of the Vampire were covered already, both Emma and Ella smiled happily before flying up on top of the desk much to Abby’s surprise. She always forgot they had wings…

“Uh huh, uh huh! Why wouldn’t we love our Mistress?” “Yeah, yeah, Mistress is pretty, pretty! And strong too, she’s the best Mistress we’ve always wanted!” Emma cried happily before her red eyes began drinking in Abby’s naked form now.

Licking their lips, both sisters seemingly had the same thing on their mind much to Abby’s dismay as she saw them practically drooling as they looked at her. Blushing in embarrassment as she remembered she was naked, the brunette covered her chest seemingly snapping the two Hominal out of whatever trance-like state they were in. did they really only think about one thing…?

“Yes… every day, twenty-four hours of the day, for three hundred and sixty-five days of the year since the day they were conceived and showed a pair of teets…” Eve muttered, her tone bitter yet mirthful as she saw her two familiars eyeing her mate. She didn’t plan on sharing Abby with them. She hoped they realized that…

Flicking her wrist, the pair of Imp’s soon cried before falling off the table as Eve moved towards her chair. Pulling the wooden seat aside and now garbed in her formal attire, the Vampiress sat down before letting out a long and tired sigh.

“Why must fate toy with me…? I just wanted to share a few more moments with you…” Eve mumbled before resting her chin on her forearms. Frowning as she heard the sadness in the Vampires tone, Abby quietly stood up before making her way towards her. “Sorry… I guess this is partly my fault too, isn’t it?” If she hadn’t been so curious she and Eve might have been in the middle of something else right now…

Funny, she felt a little regret now herself. Smirking as the emotions were relayed to her via their bond, the older girl shook her head before staring back at Abby. “Nonsense… I’ll never blame you for being you my amore. But, regardless… our morning is over. Since Kari and her Ragdoll are trying to locate you this is a good indication they have news about Najia. I’d suggest you meet back up with them and find out.” She muttered quietly.

Frowning now, the teenager soon rested her hand against Eve’s arm in worry. “Just me? Are you not coming too?” Smiling quietly, Eve simply shook her head. “I’m afraid not this time, my amore. I didn’t meditate long enough before I awoke. I need to go back into my slumber before I’m ready to wake once again. Plus, it’s almost daylight. I get unnaturally fatigued during these hours.” She whispered.

Furrowing her brow as she tried to figure out what the Vampire was saying, the brunette finally pieced together that she was just tired. However, a light flick to the back of her head soon informed her that she had it wrong apparently.

“No Abby… I’m not *just* tired. Have you ever wondered why Vampires are nocturnal creatures?” Shaking her head as she felt another lesson coming on Eve soon smiled. “Vampires are high functioning beings. We can do things many cannot. But like all things, there’s a give and take relation. One of which is our sleep. As much as it pains me to say it, I cannot fall asleep like most other beings can.”

Feeling her eyes widen in shock, Abby was about to ask any number of questions but the blondes pale fingers soon found their way to the smaller girl's face quieting her. “I’m explaining, so please, hold your questions until the end… Vampires are remarkable creatures. This is one of the reason’s we’re so dangerous as well. We can go weeks on end without rest, and be as active as any normal man or woman who could only go a day in turn. Vampires don’t sleep, however, but instead, we go into a type of trance-like state that resets us once we’ve reached our limit. Everyone has one, species aside. This trance is similar to hibernation for beastials in a way. It can be as short as a few hours… or it can be long and drawn out and can take upwards to weeks or potentially months to finish. This, of course, is less than ideal for me. However, Najia knows this and tutored me in a way around that. Instead, I meditate. During this time I enter a very similar state of unconsciousness. The difference, however, is I’m still aware of my surroundings while I’m resting. It’s a much safer alternative, the catch being, however, that I must do it every day, mimicking sleep in return. This is one of the many curses of undeath. But, all things can be circumvented, when you’re taught properly.” Eve finished. Her explanation had been long again. She really needed to work on condensing them a bit more.

Looking up at Eve in amazement, Abby simply shook her head. What else was there to say? ‘That’s… amazing…’ And, horribly sad as well. Never knowing sleep… That did sound like a curse. Hearing a quiet chuckle escaping the Vampire’s lips, Eve soon nodded.

“It can be… but, I choose to not dwell on it since it’s out of my hands. Instead, I just take it in stride and one step at a time. Emma, Ella, come here…” Having almost all but forgotten of the two sisters behind the Vampiress, Abby watched now as the pair of Imp’s fluttered back on top of the desk before standing over Eve quietly.

“You called us Mistress?” “Yeah, yeah, what’s up?”

Pointing to Abby quietly, Eve yawned mutely before nodding. “I want you two to escort our guest back to Kari’s chambers. And I can’t emphasize this part enough… she is not to be played with or touched by you two. Do I make myself clear?” Eve warned, her eyes glowing a piercing red causing both siblings to cling to one another once again.

“Y-Y-Yes mam!”

“Y-Y-Yes mam!”

Nodding, Eve soon turned her crimson gaze down to Abby now before frowning. “Well, as much as I hate us departing I know I can’t leave you in the state you’re in. Give me one moment…” Looking up at Eve quietly, Abby nodded as she watched the Hominal standing up slowly.

Her movements, they did look kind of sluggish now that she had been privy to the Vampire’s inner workings. It was akin to fatigue she figured. But, it made sense. Yet, it still saddened her knowing the older girl couldn’t enjoy the pleasures of sleeping. It didn’t seem like a big deal… but, at the same time, she knew it was a part of her life forcibly stripped from her.

But, she already knew that, to begin with. “Fufufu, stop pitying me… I told you to save it for those who require comforting.” Looking back up at Eve quietly, the Vampiress stood tall as she walked back over to the desk, her fangs peeking out as she flashed the smaller girl a toothy grin.

“I care not for sleep. So don’t dwell on it. Now, about your clothes… I was thinking something more fitting for you this time would be something akin to blue. Perhaps closer to your eyes, they’re a beauty that shines to me so I want all to see it on you~.” Eve purred.

Blushing red from the compliment, Abby fidgeted as she watched the larger girl setting down some fabrics. It seemed her inner couturier was coming out again. It made sense. She had been groomed to be a designer from birth. Though, it surprised her to know she actually found interest in doing these things after what had happened to her in the past.

Ignoring the inner whispers of the brunette, Eve’s fingers delicately moved around a long light blue fabric as she used her nails to slice and sever the thin strands of cloth with precision human’s simply couldn’t possess. As Abby watched Eve, however, a smile slowly made its way to her face.

She looked… happy. Watching as the Vampire’s eyes darted around at a speed that seemed almost sporadic, her fingers and hands worked with quick precision much to the smaller girls amazement. She truly was talented, species aside. And it seemed she had an audience to.

Looking over to the twins, both Emma and Ella moved back and forth as their heads tried to follow the blonde’s hands, but it seemed they couldn’t as their heads soon bumped into one another’s earning a quiet squeal from the two. Sometimes she wondered if they acted like this on purpose or not…

However, all eyes suddenly froze on Eve as her hands came to an abrupt stop. Scanning the details of her cut, the Vampiress nodded before layering it on top of another piece of fabric and swiftly cutting out the second half. Moving her other hand towards her dress pocket, a small needle was soon withdrawn before the older girl began to work once more.

Sitting down quietly as to not disturb her, Abby couldn’t help but marvel as she watched what could only be described as an artisan at work. It almost looked like she was finished! ‘If this is just a dress for me at my size now… how long would it take you to make a normal size gown?’ She had made one for herself in just a couple days apparently unless the Vampire had made her red dress for their date some time in advance. Though, she did wonder if that meant she predicted it or not. And if so how long had she had it? It was all really-

“Abby, stop thinking so hard…”

Blinking as her eyes snapped back to attention, the brunette looked up as she saw Eve still sewing some threads into the miniature dress she was making. “E-Eve, I didn’t mean-“ “Shhhh.” Pursing her lips as she was quieted, the smaller girl sulked as she tried not to… think.

She forgot that they were connected again. It seemed it was something she frequently overlooked. Looking back up at the blonde as she focused intently on what she was doing, Abby soon began to smile once more. ‘Thank you, Eve… I really appreciate you making me something to wear again.’

Seeing no visible reaction from the blonde, Abby wondered if she even heard her or not, but, she could tell she did. Her lips, albeit frowning, had twitched briefly as she smiled. She was really trying hard to stay on track and focused on her new creation. Deciding to help the Hominal, the teen chose to sit still and wait. It was all she could really do anyway.

 

Once Eve was done, she was done. There was no point in her distracting her any more than she already had. This was for her after all. And patience was a virtue…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Looking herself over slowly as she felt the light dress she wore clinging to her form perfectly, Abby felt her cheeks darken the more she continued to show it off, her Hominal audience all giving her mutual praise for her appearance. “Mistress, you made Big Sis even prettier!” “Yeah, yeah! You really are a god aren’t you?”

Chuckling as she felt her ego being stroked, Eve simply purred as she rested her chin against her palms, and drank in the shrunken girl’s visage. “Do you like the outfit my Abby? I tried to use my best materials for this one. Not that I didn’t for all the rest mind you.” She smirked.

Eying herself over once again, the brunette felt her words coming out quietly as she tried to answer her. The Dress was a bit smaller than the others that had come down to her ankles. This one instead ended just past her knees. The outside was a light pale blue, a shade different from her eyes as Eve had promised. The front was formal and fitting but there was a lace of white materials beneath it that stitched in a pattern across her chest to show off more of her cleavage… something that probably should have bothered her. Resting around her waist was a sash as well that tied the front end off against her navel and ended in a large bow in the back. Though, the Vampiress had made it a unique fit as well as she used some type of indented metal disk with a square cut out as a finisher. It almost acted as a brace of sorts... But, it felt nice and snug as if it were armor. Coming down to her feet now a pair of socks had been fashioned to, a simple white pair but they came up her to her knee’s to compensate where the dress had failed to. And finally, another pair of shoes had been made. They were the same as the ones she had been given the first time. But, that made sense. Eve was an artisan with threads, not leather.

All and all, this was an amazing creation, one of which many would never have the privilege of seeing. She felt honored to be wearing it. Smiling as she reached back and felt the metal disk, Abby was about to ask what it was but Eve was quick to respond.

“It’s a coin my dear amore. One Najia brought back with her from her own country. She has many of them that are supposed to bring luck. I figured it would be fitting you should carry it. It might just give you some, in the end, fufufu~.” Eve chuckled.

Tracing her fingers against the metal symbols she felt etched into the coin, Abby soon smiled. “Thank you… It’s lovely. I’ll make sure not to lose this one… O-Or have it burned off… or, thrown away…” Abby mumbled. She had a really hard time keeping her clothes on now that she thought about it. ‘That’s not always a bad thing~.’

Lighting up red, Abby scowled up at the smirking blonde before sighing in return. “Alright, I guess if that’s it, we can go whenever you two are ready.” Looking back at the twins, both Emma and Ella were whining as they tried to contain their squeals. “Sis is so cute!” “Yes, yes, yes! So pretty, pretty!” “I can’t take it!” “Me either!”

Scratching her cheek sheepishly, Abby smiled dryly as she watched the two Hominal ogling her in joy. They really had a one track mind, didn’t they… ‘Indeed.’ Clearing her throat, Eve soon drew the attention of her two familiars before they stood up quickly.

“Alright, take care of our guest and make sure she gets back to Kari… untouched.” She warned. Saluting happily, both sisters giggled before looking back down at the smaller girl. “If we’re taking her back how do we not touch her?” “Yeah, yeah? She isn’t fast like us you know.” “And she also really isn’t good at hide and seek either.” They remarked before screeching as the Vampire’s fist slammed down in front of them.

“You know what I meant! Now go!” Eve snapped irritably. Whining, Ella soon moved in front of Abby before extending her arms. “Come on Sis, we’ll take you there!” “Yes, yes we will!” Smiling quietly, Abby nodded before stepping onto the Hominal's hands before she was cradled in her arms. Even at their size difference it still felt strange to be held like this.

Looking at the pink-skinned Twee Imp, Abby smiled before waving goodbye to Eve, the Vampire simply smiling in return as she closed her crimson pools. ‘I’ll see you soon enough, my precious amore.’ Nodding as she was soon shifted about, Abby watched as both Ella and Emma laughed before taking off down back the way they came. Though this time it seemed she was along for the ride.

She just prayed nothing bad happened to her as they made their way back to Kari’s domain. With her luck though… you never knew…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“Ok, let's play again! I see… something grey!”

“Is it another rock…?”

“Yep! You’re good at this game Big Sis!”

“Yeah, yeah, really good!”

 

Scowling as she sat on Emma’s shoulder, the Shade Imp giggled as they played a quote on quote, *Game she could actually win at*. So far they had been naming things for her to guess and she had gotten them all right. The problem was they were naming the exact same thing! They were inside of a cave!

This felt belittling to her now. “Ok, I see… Something grey too!” Ella laughed before turning her head all around in an attempt to fool the smaller girl. Sighing from the repeatedly demeaning activity she was a part of as they made their way back to the little Witch’s chambers, the brunette finally had enough of this.

“How about we do something else girls… I’m not really in the mood to play games right now.” She mumbled. “Awwwww, but you were doing so well to Big Sis!” “Yeah, yeah! Why give up now, we know you can get this one too!” Growling audibly, Abby glared back at the Shade Imp before sighing once more.

“That’s not why I want to stop! And the answers also a rock! How about we just talk instead? Is that ok with you two?” Frowning, both sisters slowed down their walk as they tried to figure out how that was fun. “I don’t understand this game. How do we win it?”

Massaging her temple, Abby shook her head. Now she understood why Eve kept snapping at these two. They really could wear on her nerves without even knowing it. “Alright fine… how about you tell me something, and if I like it you win? Deal?”

Looking towards each other skeptically, both Emma and Ella hummed before smiles soon broke out over their faces. “Alright, we’ll play!” “Yeah, yeah! Ask away, you won’t beat us!” Smiling dryly, Abby thought about something to ask them before nodding her head.

“Alright, how about you two tell me how you came to be in these caves? And why you both consider Eve to be your Mistress.” She was genuinely curious. She didn’t know too much about the pair of sisters beyond their love of games and their shared devotion to the blonde Vampire.

Giggling, Ella soon smirked before looking at her sister. “This one’s easy! You’ll lose for sure!” “Yeah, yeah! It all started about a year ago in a place really, really far from here…”

…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“GET THEM! DON’T LET THESE DEMON’S ESCAPE THIS TIME!”

 

Screaming hysterically, both Emma and Ella ran as they heard a loud mob of people chasing after them. Why did so many people want to play with them today? It was scary! Screeching as something pointy stuck into the tree in front of them, both siblings ran in different directions as they began hopping up the branches of the trees around them.

 

“Shoot them down!”

 

Hearing something whistling near them, both Shade and Twee Imp continued to cry as arrows began zooming past them! Why so many sharp things?! They hated the sharp things! “Stop it, stop it, stop it! We’ll play with you guys to just, not all at once!” “Yeah, yeah! Cut it out?!” They cried before screaming as the branch they both landed on was severed by one of the arrows.

Plummeting to the ground painfully, the sisters soon crawled to their feet before taking off in a sprint again as they saw the dozen-plus men still running after them. Did they all want to be played with this much too? They had been having fun with one guy, he seemed really happy that they were there and let them eat some of his yummy essence but then this random lady began screaming and all of a sudden so many other guys wanted to play with them too!

They didn’t like when people played this rough! Human's could be such meanies sometimes! As the two Imps ran away their eyes were constantly turned behind them blocking out their view of what was in front of them before it was too late.

Crashing into something painfully, both Emma and Ella whined as they fell on their butts before looking up in confusion. However, their eyes soon widened as they saw what it was they had run into. Looking down curiously at them with an indifferent expression, was a small blonde girl adorned with some kind of clothing they had never seen before.

What was she doing in the middle of the woods? Hearing more cry's behind them, however, both Sisters screamed before standing up in an instant looking left and right for somewhere to hide, both Hominal nodded before ducking behind the blonde and covering each other's heads.

Hopefully, this was a good hiding spot they didn’t have a lot of time to try and find one like they usually did when they played hide and seek…

Looking over her shoulder at the two creatures cowering in fear, Eveline’s brow was raised as she wondered what this was all about, but, the looming presence in front of her soon filled her in. Watching as a crowd of men all entered the small clearing she had came to meditate in peace, the Vampire’s eyes soon narrowed as she saw them brandishing a plethora of weapons.

“What the?! Hey Kid, get out of the way those things behind you are Monsters!” Hearing a loud cry as they were discovered behind her, Eveline's lips twitched into a small smile before she spread her lips apart to reveal her fangs, the men in front of her soon paling as it dawned on them that she was one too.

Keeping their heads tucked down, both Emma and Ella whimpered frightfully as loud cries began ringing out all around them. Expecting to be hit and kicked like the meaner people did whenever they played too roughly, the sisters were pleasantly surprised when all the noise suddenly ceased.

Blinking their eyes open, both siblings looked up in confusion before their eyes widened in shock. Standing amongst the dozen of other men all unconscious on the dirt, the blonde's hand rested against a struggling man's neck before he soon fell limp.

Pushing the human backward as he joined the rest of the others, Eve shook her head before sighing. “Troublesome…” She came out here for peace and quiet and this was what she discovered. How piteous. Feeling something suddenly smack into her legs, the blonde had to pause before looking down in confusion.

Whimpering and crying, both Emma and Ella sniveled and cried as they hugged the stranger happily. She had saved them! Eying the two girls thoughtfully, the Vampire’s indifferent expression remained before she began to walk off, the two Imp’s now accompanying her as they each stuck to one of her legs…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Looking around her clearing as she saw her girls packing up their items to move out again, Najia was mute as she counted their heads. “Ebon, make sure Ivy is with you please! Poppy, stop drinking and grab the bags for us! C-Casey, stop chasing Kari around with your head!” Why did they always have to be this lively in the morning…

Rubbing her temple as she issued orders, the Kitsune soon paused before looking around. She was missing a lamb. “Eve, where are you?” It was daybreak now she couldn’t have wandered far. Closing her eyes as she let her senses stretch out, the Hominal nodded as she felt her Kit making her way towards their group.

As she emerged from the tree line, however, the older woman’s face soon went blank as she saw the strange sight before her. Walking up towards the Kitsune with a complete nonchalant expression the Vampire soon stood in front of her mentor as she pointed down at the two Imps kissing and fondling her feet.

“What on earth… Eve…?”

Looking back at the blonde in silence, the Vampire’s lips remained neutral as they soon parted.

 

“Can I keep them?”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Giving both Emma and Ella a similar look to how they described it to her, Abby was mute as she tried to process their tale. ‘It sounds like she adopted a couple of kittens rather than people…’ At least that’s how it sounded to her. But, the twins seemed equally happy none the less with the outcome so who was she to judge.

“So, I guess after Eve saved you two, she made you her familiars with her blood?” Nodding happily, Emma chittered before hugging Abby into her cheek. “Uh huh, uh huh! She said we could be her hands or something for her while she was busy!” Smirking, the teenager nodded as she saw them both praising the blonde in question.

‘You two really are simple creatures.’ It had to have dawned on them at some point that humans were hunting them… right? Well… either way, she didn’t want to break the *illusion* for them. “I guess it all worked out in the end huh? I hope it does for me to then…”

Hearing more chitters in return, Abby looked back at the two smiling sisters before giggling herself. She doubted it would end exactly like that for her though… then again, who knows. She already had someone hunting her and Eve had saved her too.

Perhaps there were events in motion she just couldn’t see. Or as Eve had said, fate had something in mind for her. Not that she believed any of that. But, as luck would have it, she was carrying it with her in the form of the charm Eve had bestowed upon her.

 

Perhaps luck would be on her side from now on.

 

~_ _ _ _ _~

 

 

“Cererererrk?

 

“Shiny…?

 

“Huh, shiny!”

 

~_ _ _ _ _~

 

Sitting on Ella’s shoulder now, Abby smiled as she heard both Imp’s bickering back and forth. It seemed they had gotten onto the topic of which game was more fun to play. They really couldn’t decide it seemed…

 

“Hide and seek!”

 

“Tag and run!”

 

“Hide and seek!”

 

“Tag and run!”

 

Scowling back at one another, both heads soon turned to the shrunken girl now causing Abby to stiffen. “Which one’s better Big Sis?!” “Yeah, yeah! It’s Hide and seek right?” “No, it’s tag and run!” “Hide and seek!” “Tag and run!” “Hide and seek!” “Tag and run!”

“Hide and seek!”

“Tag and run!”

“HIDE AND SEEK!”

“TAG AND RUN!”

 

“CAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!”

 

Blinking all three girls froze now as they heard something loud cry out above them. Looking upwards, both Emma and Ella furrowed their brows before screeching as something shot down out from the roof of the cave right on top of them.

Screaming as something descended over her, Abby’s eyes widened as she felt something hit her from behind. Falling off Ella’s shoulder, the brunette was airborne for only a second, before something snapped around her midsection, and she began to rise.

Screaming as she shot into the air, Abby wailed as she was brought upward!

 

“BIG SIS!”

“BIG SIS!”

 

Something took their big sister!

 

 

To be continued…

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

Switching things from Eve to another girl now, I know some of you are probably happy about that. Please stay tuned and as always review and tell me what you think. :3

 

See you all soon!