- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey, hey, hey :D

 

Welcome back people, glad to have you here! Even if I can't see your faces... Oh well. Thanks for coming either way. :P

Now, the pacing on this chapter might be a little strange so if it is I'm sorry. I ended up making this a freaking Monster with the loving help of you know who. the one and only Franchise Writer. :D

And... it turned out to be like 15 or 16 thousand words xD

So, i crunched it into a couple chapters and i'm just fixing up the second half now. Either way I know you'll enjoy whats to come so thank you once again for being here.

 

Also, I waited to post till this day for a reason since I've had the chapter done for a few days now. I'd love it if everyone would give a big shout out to Franchise Writer because, It's his Birthday! :D

 

Happy Birthday Senpai!!!

 

Give him a cheer or message him yourself :P Just don't say I said to do it,

XP

 

So enjoy the chapter, and have a great day!

 

 

“Impetuous… reprehensible… reckless… just a few of the words that come to my mind when I look at you now. You disappoint me, Abby… you really do.” Sitting in silent discomfort, not only because of the severe wounds she had received by the hands of the fire-breathing child, Ebon, but… also because of how she was being talked down to repeatedly.

She had the pleasure of hearing all of Eve’s animosities towards her since they had vanished from Kari’s cave. She didn’t even know how this got to the point it was currently. One minute she was being cradled by the little blonde witch, and the next, she was being carried somewhere else by the regal vampire. Somehow she had blinked and missed it even happening…

“Precipitous… precipitated… foolish… naive… dumb, should I keep listing the adjectives till you find one you understand?” Eve pondered aloud before shaking her head. She was mad, plain and simple. She had given the human a way to contact her via the bond she created between them… yet, she chose to wait till after receiving such injuries to even use it!

Narrowing her eyes, the child shook her head. This was by no means alright. “If you do not call me then I cannot come. It’s as simple as that. I even warned you what was going to happen… Tell me; what in the world were you thinking Abby? I expected more from you. Honestly, a Dullahan and a Witch fighting against a Dragon? Just what did you think the outcome of such an engagement would be? Did you expect your would-be protectors to actually hold Ebon back? Do you even have anything to say!?” She snapped.

Sitting with her head hanging low as she was belittled further and further, the teenager was mute. For all intense and purposes… Eve was right. The strength of the rankings of Monsters was there for a reason. A D-Rank couldn’t match a C-Rank just as much as a C-Rank couldn’t match a B-Rank. So, what did she think would happen when Ebon picked a fight with Casey? There were some circumstances where it could happen… but those were very rare.

‘I… I guess I was just scared…’ And Ebon wasn’t the one she was the most afraid of either. “Abby… Why did you not call me sooner? Answer me…” Looking up at the blonde as her crimson eyes peered down at her, the smaller girl was quiet once more as she tried to find her voice.

“You’re scared of me… aren’t you?” Stiffening as her words were taken right out of her thoughts, Abby refused to acknowledge the vampire as she felt something lightly brushing against her back. Coming to a standstill in the caverns, Eve stopped walking as she looked down at the smaller girl silently.

“Abby…  Look at me, please.” Shivering from her gentle tone, the brunette finally relented as her eyes traveled back up to meet the blondes. Staring into the shrunken humans face, Eve moved one of her fingers forward before gingerly brushing her cheek. “It hurts me, Abby… It hurts me, both physically, and emotionally, to see you in the state that you’re in now.” She whispered before her eyes traveled down to her lower waist.

Following her sight, Abby whimpered as she felt the stinging sensation of her skin beginning to return. The pain was numbing for the most part which wasn’t good. It meant her nerves were most likely burned off… and that could cause serious damage to her later on. If it was as severe as it looked… s-she might not even be able to walk again even if she recovered somehow…

‘I guess, I really wasn’t thinking about the consequences…’ Feeling her cheek touched by the blonde’s index finger, her face was soon pushed back in place so Eve could look down at her. “You don’t trust me… and to be fair, neither would I if I were in your shoes. But, I ask you this… what have I done to make you throw away your life before even considering calling for me once things got to the point they were…” She growled, her fangs bearing slightly as her anger tried to come back out.

Lowering her eyes in sadness, Abby was quickly punished as her chin was forced back up to stare at the blonde. “LOOK AT ME!” She snarled, before pinching the smaller girls head. “What did I do that made you think this was a better option?!” She spat before pointing to her scorched legs.

Whimpering, tears found their way to the teen’s eyes as she shook her head. “I-I-I don’t know!” “YES YOU DO, DON’T LIE TO ME!” Eve screeched angrily. Feeling tears swell up under her eyes, Abby shook her head as her lips parted. “W-What do you w-want from me…” She cried.

She didn’t know, she just didn’t… not anymore. Feeling the firm grip on her face soften to a gentle caress, the brunette’s eyes peeked open as she felt the younger girl’s fingers rubbing her cheek tenderly. “I want you to trust me, Abby… And it seems I failed in doing just that when I had you brought to my sanctum. This fault is mine.” Eve whispered as she closed her eyes regretfully.

Leaning into the blonde’s gentle touch as she felt the girl’s fingers warming her cheek, Abby shook her head. She didn’t know what to say. This was the Eve she knew. Quiet, calm… loving. She wasn’t anything like Casey said she was. But, Casey was her friend… and so was Kari. They had been looking after her after everything that had happened. Not to mention… not to mention the darker side she had seen from the little Vampire after her confrontation with Ebon…

Who was right? “I know why you’ve regressed in your opinion of me. As I’ve said, I hear all… Kari and Casey have every right not to like me. They based their opinions on what I used to be… but not what I am now. I’m not the same Monster I once was Abby… times change.” Eve muttered quietly before she began walking once again, her thoughts darkening a bit as she thought about the past.

“Wherever we travel, we bring with us mistrust and paranoia. Our home is on blighted ground. This is the curse we Monsters share, Abby.” Looking up at Eve confused, the younger girl shook her head already knowing her words were pointless without context to fill her in.

“When Najia first came to us… we were all harrowing forms of our former selves. You can look at anyone of us here, and you’d see a completely different girl that existed before we met her. She wants to change us, Abby… She’s been trying her hardest to do it too. But, she’s failed…”

Looking back down as she quickened her pace, Eve closed her crimson eyes as she saw nothing but confusion in the brunettes teal ones. “I’m not the Monster I once was… even, if you think otherwise. But I ask you and plead… if you think me a real Monster, then make it your own opinion. Not one that someone else has given you.” She whispered before leaning her face down.

Feeling a light kiss placed on top of her head, the teenager was silent as she mulled over the vampire's words. Could someone really change from cruel to loving just like that? People, they didn’t just change… at least, that’s what she had learned over time. Were Monsters any different?

“W-W-Why… why did you try to kill Ebon…?” Pausing mid-step, Eve was still as she felt the brunette’s eyes upon her. Peering downward, the Vampiress was quiet for a moment giving her the impression she wasn’t going to answer her, but, her lips finally parted, her fangs glistening as she licked them along with her lips.

“I’m not who I once was Abby… but, I cannot change how I feel.” She whispered before her iris's began to shine an eerie red. “If anyone tries to endanger my loved ones, be it friend, companion, or otherwise… I’ll show them no mercy.” She whispered before closing her eyes and continuing her walk.

Shuddering from the hatred she heard in the younger girl’s tone, the teenager looked down sheepishly. “But the question I’d like to ask you… is why you wanted me to spare her, to begin with. She wouldn’t have done the same if your situations were reversed.” Blinking, Abby looked back up before scowling.

“W-What kind of a question is that! You can’t just kill someone. E-Even… even if she did try to kill me... What happened back there with Ebon and you… it wasn’t self-defense. You proved you’re strong, stronger than her even. It was sad to see really…” She mumbled before shaking her head.

Casey had put up a fight, but even so, she fell in power compared to the Dragon girl… but then there was Eve who simply swatted her away like she was nothing. ‘And their both A ranks…’ It was just staggering really. Smiling silently as she looked down at the human, a quiet chuckle escaped the vampire’s lips.

“You’re far too compassionate to us Monsters. I thought you hated our kind after all.” Blushing, the teenager sighed before shaking her head. “J-Just because I don’t like Hominals or Beastials doesn’t mean I want to see them tortured. I-I don’t know who Ivy is but the look in Ebon’s eyes when you mentioned her… you hurt her more with your words than anything else.” She whispered.

Feeling her pace slowing down, Eve sighed silently before shaking her head. “Perhaps, you’re right… I might have gone a tad too far, but, so did she…” Nodding, Abby looked up at Eve before smiling. “P-Please, just don’t do it again. I, I know Ebon is dangerous… but she’s not to you. So don’t pick on her.”

Feeling a smile dance across her lips, the blonde chuckled once more before closing her eyes. “Anything for you, my little amore.” She whispered, her words confusing the teen thoroughly. ‘What the heck is an amore?’

Keeping her pace, Eve started to walk again, but it seemed like something was distracting her. Having to stop every few meters, the question eventually found its way to the smaller girl’s words as she looked up at the flushed vampire. “E-Eve, where are we headed… and why do you look so bothered going there?” She didn’t claim to know her that well, but even she could see something was off.

Forcing herself to smile, the blonde chuckled dryly as she tried to pick up her pace. She had already lost a lot of time… “We, my dear Abby are headed to go see one of my friends. The injuries you received are beyond my capabilities to heal. A Vampire can mend a flesh wound easily enough with her spit. The enzymes in our saliva work like that. But… with how you are now unless I used you as a teething stick for the next few weeks I’m afraid they’d have no effect on you.” She snickered.

Blushing from the sarcasm in her tone, Abby nodded before looking around. There were no luminescent fungi in this area. That meant they had already left Kari’s domain. “I get the feeling we’re not going to see Ella and Emma… right? So, who’s your friend?”

Raising her brow as she chewed on her tongue, Eve smiled before shaking her head. “You’ll find out soon enough. Now, s-stop moving around so much… you’ll injure yourself more than you already are…” She whispered darkly.

Looking back at the child confused, the brunette looked down at her legs before frowning. ‘I don’t feel anything from before.’ When she had first received her burns the pain had been excruciating.  She thought she was going to die from the amount of agony she was in… but now…

‘M-My nerves couldn’t have burned away that fast. Something’s not right…’ Moving her hand over to her charred flesh, the shrunken girl gently touched her leg before a loud cry erupted from Eve’s mouth startling her.

Hissing through her teeth, the vampire's eyes shined brightly as she bit her tongue. “P-Please Abby… r-refrain from touching it!” She whispered through her teeth. Shivering in confusion, the teenager looked up at the blonde wordlessly before a shiver ran down her spine.

‘N-N-No way…’ Looking up at the younger girl as she staggered forward slowly, her eyes were drawn to her bright face… and the sweat dripping down her brow. She looked… she looked like she was the one in pain… not her.

Shifting her gaze between her own legs and Eve, Abby’s eyes slowly began to widen in shock. She had stopped feeling the pain the moment Eve began carrying her… “WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME? A-ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!” Chuckling dryly as her legs buckled under her lightly, the child smiled down at her before shaking her head.

“A-Astute as ever… But, I suppose you had other things on your mind… Don’t think about it too much, we’re almost there…” She muttered softly before wincing once more. Gripping Eve’s fingers tightly, Abby looked up at her in horror. It had become apparent just what she was doing to her now… and she didn’t like it.

“H-H-How… how are you doing this? Why are you the one in pain and not me?!” Pausing momentarily, Eve panted quietly as she pressed her back against one of the cavern's walls. She needed to take a break sadly. Resting her head on the wall, the little Vampiress smiled tiredly before closing her eyes.

“Don’t worry… I’ll be just fine. Our minds are linked together, Abby. You’ve already figured that out though. Pain is nothing but the body’s way of letting you know something is wrong. It’s a feeling… and because of what I’ve done, we can share them… Let me bare it for you, my little human. As I’ve said, this is my fault for you not trusting me. And it’s my punishment as much as it is yours.” She whispered before kicking off the wall.

“Now… enough talking… We need to go see her soon before your injuries worsen. I can feel the pain growing stronger.” She muttered darkly before staggering forward once again. Clenching the child’s finger, Abby shook her head angrily now. “N-N-No! S-Stop it, Eve! I don’t want to see you… I-in… in pain…?” Growing silent as her eyes locked with the child’s red ones, the younger girl was solemn as she stared down at her.

“Please… just let me do this. I don’t like seeing you in pain either.” She whispered before tapping the smaller girls head. “So just tolerate it for my selfish sake… alright?” Feeling her head pet affectionately, Abby blushed before looking away bitterly.

She didn’t like it… she really didn’t. She was a doctor damn it! But Eve seemed deadset on doing what she wanted. And… and it didn’t look like she could get her to stop doing whatever it was that was preventing her pain even if she wanted to. Nodding silently, Abby shivered as she felt her cheek gently brushed once more.

“Thank you…” Looking ahead of her, the blonde smiled sadly as she quickened her pace, her legs burning with ever step she took. Hopefully, she would reach her soon. The pain she felt would turn chronic the longer she siphoned it from her…

 

And if Abby ever found that out, she’d never forgive her…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Stumbling into an open cavern as light rippled off the ceiling in spades, Eve panted tiredly as she looked around. “B-B-Brook! Come out!” She called loudly before leaning into the wall in exhaustion. The pain was far greater than she thought it to be. If Abby were to be in her state now… she wouldn’t have been able to forgive herself.

Peering out from between the vampire’s clenched fingers, Abby looked around as she admired the cavern. It was breathtaking. Stretched out wider than any other she had seen so far, many, many pools of water made up the ground with the largest looking like a miniature lake dead center in the middle. She couldn’t even see how deep it was, but it looked like light was somehow being emitted from the water beneath.

Reflecting off the walls and back into the pools, the entire cave shined like a glistening sapphire causing this to be one of the most beautiful things she had ever witnessed. ‘T-T-This was really right next to Darrowford?’ Her town and everything around it was so bleak… dark, and dreary. But this was the exact opposite.

She was speechless. Not showing the same enthusiasm as her shrunken passenger, Eve’s fist soon balled up before she slammed it into the wall startling her. “BROOK, I SAID COME OUT! I NEED YOU!” She screamed. As her voice carried through the echoing chambers, the water all around them suddenly began to ripple.

Looking at the center pool in surprise as it began to bob and bubble on its own, the water suddenly shot upwards in a spout before flying through the air and impacting the ground in front of them. 'W-What the hell?!' Leaning on the wall behind her, the blonde chuckled silently as she watched the water being poured beginning to mold and form.

Growing into a smaller shape than Eve, the body of water soon separated as three appendages split apart, one of the left, one on the right, and one on top. Coming to a standstill, the liquid jiggled slightly before smoothing out and finally fading into a different color entirely, well… parts of it.

Growing pale towards the middle, a deeper blue towards the base and an equally navy towards the tip, the water finally stopped entirely as a creature stood where it had once been. Opening her eyes, the creature smiled warmly at Eve before cupping her hands together.

“Did you like it?” Hanging her head, the Vampiress nodded before wincing in pain. “Q-Quite the entrance as per usual… You have a thing for flare, as always Brook.” She chuckled before growling as her legs buckled under her causing her to fall to her knees.

Cupping her mouth the younger girl jumped as she saw her usually haughty friend on the floor in pain. “E-E-Eveline! What’s wrong?” Moving to her side as she pushed one of her arms underneath her to support her, the blue haired child blinked once… then twice before letting out a cry of surprise as she came face to face with Abby who was still resting in her hand.

Looking up at the younger girl confused, the teenager was mute as she stared at her. She had been witnessed to the grand entrance and it certainly had been flashy… but, that wasn’t what left her speechless. No… it was what was below the girl’s waist…

Where her midsection ended, legs should have followed but instead, she had a long, cerulean tail with greenish fins at the base and top half of it. She was most certainly a Mermaid… Falling on her butt, err… hindquarters? Brook gawked in silent shock as she stared at Abby just as speechless as she was.

“W-W-What the heck is that thing!?” It was tiny, and looking at her! Pressing her knuckles into the ground, Eve continued to pant as she pushed herself into a sitting position. “B-Brook… I-I’ll explain later but I need you now.” The vampire pleaded softly.

“Y-Y-You, you n-need me…?” She whispered in surprise as her eyes lit up. Nodding, the blonde moved her free hand forward as she showed her the shrunken human. Looking down at the smaller girl confused, the blue haired child soon noticed what it was she meant. “Your skin… oh, you poor thing…” It looked like she had been burned really badly. But, why was she sitting so still like that? Looking up to Eve confused, the blue haired child soon fidgeted as she saw the stern look she was being given.

“Heal her, heal her now.” Eeping, the younger girl shivered before nodding. She was so scary when she used that tone of voice! Fidgeting for a moment, Brook looked to one of the smaller pools next to her before her body began to ripple and melt. “P-Put her in my water and I’ll get to work!” Splashing on the ground as she turned into a large puddle, it soon shifted before draining back into the small pool.

Crawling over to it tiredly, Eve sighed as she began lowering Abby in. “J-Just relax for me, and Abby… t-t-trust me.” She whispered sternly, a hiss escaping her teeth as she grit them. Looking up at Eve in pain, the brunette nodded. She had been suffering because of her… the least she could do was have faith in her now… like she should have had, to begin with…

Feeling the tepid water around her slowly engulf her, the teenager looked around in wonder as the light from the pool enveloped her. “Just relax little person, a-alright? I’ll take care of this in no time!” Blinking, Abby looked down before scowling. Her voice… it was the new girls, Brooks… but, it sounded like it had come from the water itself.

Feeling a currently suddenly pick up around her, the smaller girl let out a cry of surprise as she was quickly pulled out of the vampire's grip. Watching as the teenager left her hand on her own, Eve sighed before falling to the floor exhaustedly. She had been pushed to her limit there… and it was really taking its toll on her to keep up the siphon any longer then she could.

As the blonde’s fingers left her, however, the pain had to go somewhere… and soon, it returned. Widening her eyes, Abby whimpered before crying out in agony, her legs suddenly burning like they had before. She had forgotten just how horrible this felt! It was still just as excruciating!

Lifting her head slowly, Eve smiled sadly at the girl currently thrashing in the water before moving her hand limply towards her. “I-I’m sorry I couldn’t keep it on you any longer… Please bare it for just a little bit longer, alright?” She whispered before gritting her teeth. She hated hearing the smaller girl scream like this...

Whimpering, Abby tried to do her best but, it just hurt… Spinning slowly in the water as the current circled around her, a firm feeling suddenly surrounded her before she floated in place amongst the torrent of liquid. “There, there… I got you don’t worry. You should feel it soon little one…”

Biting her lip as she cried, the brunette nodded as she waited… it still hurt… but, she felt, different now. Hearing the screaming beginning to die down, Eve cracked open her eyes before smiling. “Thank you, Brook… please, do everything you can for her. She's very precious to me.” Hearing a hum echo off the water, the regal vampire chuckled.

“It’s strange to hear a request from you Eveline. She really, really must be special! So, who is she? And what is she?” The voice floated from the water once more before a small spout of it flowed upwards and eventually faded from blue to a pale tan and finally shifted back into the blue haired girls head.

Opening and closing her eyes in fatigue, the blonde looked back at the human as she panted in the water. “Her name’s Abby… and she’s mine.” Turning her head, Brook smiled gleefully before giggling. “You like her, you like her, you like her! Someone has a cruuuuush! Owe! Meanie!” Pulling her finger back from the Mermaids head, a scowl formed on the vampire’s face now.

“Act your age... I get enough childish antics from the twins…” She mumbled before hearing another giggle in return. “Aww, but it’s kind of silly! I’ve never seen you take an interest in another person. Is she going to be your mate or something?”

Growing a bright shade of red, the blonde’s brow twitched as she stifled a growl. “N-Now, now Brook… it’s rude to intrude where you don’t belong. I’d stop inquiring if I were you… or you might find getting the Energy you need to feed your *pet* rather challenging without me…” She muttered darkly.

Growing pale, two hands of water sprouted out of the pool before cupping the little Mermaids mouth, her eyes showing fear at such a prospect. Nodding, Eve sighed before shaking her head. “All you need to know is she’s very important to me… and I need you to heal her injuries. She had the unpleasantness of running into Ebon. She doesn’t take too kindly to Humans after all.”

Stiffening, Brook looked away from her friend before peering over to the thrashing brunette as she fought with her pain. “W-W-Wait… S-S-She’s, she’s a h-h-human?!” Nodding her head tiredly, the older girl leaned up now before stretching her arms. Her strength was slowly returning now. Thankfully it didn’t appear that she used her siphon to long. The phantom pains she felt that had lingered behind were all but gone now.

“Yes, she is. Abby will fill you in once she’s feeling better. For now, guard her for me and make sure she’s healed. Consider this returning the favor for Goomie.” Looking up with joy, Brook nodded quickly before waving to her. “Yep, yep! Leave it to me, Eveline! I’ll protect her just like she was mine!”

Chuckling, Eve nodded before the wind around her began to pick up. “Contact me once she’s better. I need to go now. I’ll have to get some of my Energy back from my familiars. I’ll see you soon.” She whispered as the air hissed around her before blowing away… and with it, her…

Pouting from the extravagant way she left, Brook huffed before looking back down at Abby. “She always makes it look so easy when she does that! D-Did you see my entrance though? Was it just as cool?” Hearing no reply from the panting girl, the little Mermaid frowned before her head moved over towards her.

Watching the Human silently, the younger girl hummed. This was her first time seeing a human at this size. She was kind of cute! But… not her legs… Souring as she continued to wash away her burns with her water, Brook faded back into the pool as she got to work. She could talk with the little person more once she was feeling better. Maybe she would be her friend afterward's too!

 

She hoped so at least…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Breathing steadily as her body floated freely in water, Abby’s mind faded in and out as she tried to remain conscious. After the pain became too much for her she finally found peace as the gentle water caressed her scorched skin in a way she never thought possible. The burning sensations… they were gone…

Now, she just felt tired… exhausted really. But this was a much better feeling than the one before. ‘E-Eve…’ Hearing no reply in her mind, the teenager continued to lie on her back as her body moved from side to side.

She was completely oblivious to the world right now… but, she could still hear and feel what was going on around her. Smiling quietly as a gentle voice registered in her ears, the brunette had to wonder why it sounded so familiar. It was faint at first… but as time went on, it grew louder until it was a relaxing melody she could easily fall asleep to.

It was beautiful. She had heard it somewhere before… but, her mind couldn’t seem to recall where or why it seemed so reminiscent. Willing her body to move, the shrunken girl tried to lift her hand up but she couldn’t so much as raise a finger…

Trying instead to open her eyes, the teen had just barely managed to crack them before taking a sharp breath as her throat clenched up. Peering upwards in fright, Abby made no sound whatsoever as her eyes met with a much larger pair of jade ones… they were just inches above her…

Leaning her face over Abby, Brook watched her closely as she studied the sleeping girl. She looked like a human, and Eveline said she was one… but she was just so puny! Could she really be one? Blinking as she saw one of the older girls eyes opening, the younger Mermaid eeped before her head suddenly ducked underwater.

Clenching her eyes open and closed forcefully, Abby groaned before keeping them open now. What the hell was that about? That was a little too close for comfort… Attempting to lean her head up, the brunette soon found as it was with her hands, the same was for the rest of her body. She was completely drained.

Sighing quietly as her breath came out dry, Abby glanced around as she looked upwards. It was the only direction she was facing after all… Looking at the ceiling as lights danced over its rocky surface, the smaller girl smiled quietly. It was still just as beautiful as she remembered. With as much pain as she had been in before, she might have thought it just a hallucination. But, here it was…

Feeling the water beside her ripple gently, the teenager peered to her right as she watched a head slowly rise from the pool. She knew the Mermaid was real... so, what was she doing…? Poking her head out of the water, Brook looked over at Abby a few feet away before slowly creeping closer.

“W-Why… why can’t I move…?” Screeching, the blue haired girl dived back underwater leaving the older girl with a blank expression. ‘What the hell?’ Was it something she said? Waiting a few minutes till the water started to move again, the Mermaid soon poked her head out again… though, this time she was a bit farther away.

Shivering in the water, the younger girl gripped the water around her as if it were a solid substance as she tried to hide behind it. “A-A-Are you awake…?” Furrowing her brow, the brunette scowled before attempting to nod… though, she couldn’t seem to do that either. “Y-Yeah… but… but I’m really... really tired…” She mumbled before closing her eyes again.

Fidgeting, Brook nodded before inching closer once again. “T-T-That’s p-probably because of my waters. I washed off your burns so you’ll heal. B-B-But, it takes a lot of Energy to do it. A Hominal wouldn’t be able to survive it since it would drain them dry… b-but since you’re H-H-Human… you should just feel really tired for a while…” She stuttered out quietly before getting close enough to reach her.

Forming a tendril of water that soon changed into her hand, the little Mermaid shivered as extended her index finger closer to the shrunken girl. Feeling something press against her cheek, Abby blinked before looking to her side. “Why are you poking me…?”

Jumping, Brooks hand quickly melted back into the water before she swam back a ways. “S-S-SORRY, SORRY, SORRY!” She screamed before cupping her mouth. She didn’t want to anger the Human! Looking at the strange girl on confusion, Abby sighed before finally getting enough strength back to simply shake her head.

“Y-You’re fine… Brook, was it? It’s not like I’m not already used to it or anything…” She mumbled. Being poked in the cheek wasn’t nearly as startling as being kissed or played with… Nodding timidly, the navy haired girl paddled closer once more as she peeked behind her makeshift water wall.

She actually seemed kind of nervous around her… ‘I can’t imagine why…’ She was three inches tall and paralyzed from the neck down… What could she do that would make her so timid? Licking her lips slowly as she moved her head over her once again, the younger girl studied Abby up and down before frowning.

“I… I think I cleaned all of your dead skin off. H-How does it feel?” Frowning, the teenager tried to move her legs, but she just wasn’t strong enough yet. “I’ll tell you when I can feel them…” She chuckled dryly earning a confused look from the younger looking girl.

“I feel numb… everywhere really. Is, is that normal…?” Nodding quickly, Brook looked down at the human’s legs before smiling. “Yep! When you get the kind of injury you had your body has to repair itself. That’s what my water does!” She smiled proudly.

Nodding silently Abby tried to lean up again, but, she just couldn’t. Not yet at least. “I need to see them, my legs, I mean.” Staring down at the smaller girl confused, Brook quietly nodded before moving the water around the humans back upwards raising her gently.

As she leaned up, the shrunken brunette got a better view now of the cave. It was just as vast as she remembered, and still as breathtaking as well. Glancing down at what she really wanted to see, however, all color drained from the teenagers face as complete and utter disbelief took ahold of her now.

Her legs… what had happened to her legs… If she could have cupped her mouth, she probably would have. Her skin, it was a bright pale color, and there was not so much as a scar or even a reminder of where her charred flesh had been. Her legs looked brand new… literally. ‘T-T-They don’t even look like they belong to me…’

Letting her disbelieving gaze travel over to her limp arms, Abby shivered as she compared the skin tone. She was always a little bit of a shut in and a bookworm, and the weather in Darrowford was less than ideal for tanning… but, the shading was still off. It was like she had grown completely new legs or something…

“T-This is unreal…” Moving her head closer, Brook smiled sheepishly now as she watched the shock and awe the smaller girl was in. “I told you I could wash off your burns. It took some time since your wounds sunk into your bones… B-But don’t worry! I fixed those too. In fact, you should be even stronger now too! I regrew your muscles and ligaments. You should feel even better than before! S-S-So… please, tell me what you think once you can move again… o-ok?” She mumbled out shyly.

Glancing to the child in silence, a crooked smile found its way to the teen's lips now. “B-Brook… this is absolutely amazing. I-I can’t believe you can heal things like this!” Blushing, the younger Hominal bit her lip happily as she nodded. “I-I-Its nothing s-special, I-I mean all Mermaids can control water… S-Something like this, it’s basic to us…” she stuttered out embarrassedly. It wasn’t every day she got a compliment from a human!

Mulling over the girl's words, Abby was thoughtful now. “You’re a Mermaid, right? That’s a C ranked Hominal with abilities that are rather unknown. Is… is healing one of them? Something all of your kind can do? If so the medical possibilities are endless! You could revolutionize the field of medicine if you could isolate how you do it!” Looking down at the brunette in surprise Brook quickly nodded as she tried to keep up with her enthusiasm. She didn’t quite understand why she seemed so interested but she liked the attention... “Y-Yeah! All of our kind can heal others. It just differs person to person. Energy is always needed for something like this though. How do you know so much about me though?” Mermaids were a reclusive race for a reason…

Thinking back to what she had read about her kind, a quiet smile found its way to the brunette’s lips now as she tried to lean up again, with more success this time. “I… I suppose, it’s because I’m rather fascinated with your species. Mermaids were thought to be a myth for a long time until Heinrich proved everyone wrong when he discovered them off the coast of southern Ireland. In his depictions, he wrote them as a C-ranked Monster simply because, they didn’t want to harm him. They were playful and majestic creatures… But, the hidden potential behind them was never truly discovered. I guess since I’ve always been afraid of Hominal and Beastials… I figured seeing a real Mermaid would bring me some kind of closure. Your race is a happy one from what he wrote about... It turns out though being shrunken, captured, toyed with, and nearly killed in just a few days does the same thing too though…” She chuckled dryly.

Opening her eyes back up, the mirth in the older girls face left almost instantly as her eyes met with Brooks once more as she stared at her in wonder. ‘T-T-To close!’ “You really like Mermaids!” Blushing from the excited tone of the younger girl, Abby nodded.

“I-I guess…?” She was more fascinated by them, but it seemed her words had some kind of an effect on the younger girl. Fidgeting giddily, Brook blushed as a happy smile danced over her lips now. “I… I didn’t think we were liked this much! That makes me so happy! I’m sure I’ll find my husband now that I know you Humans like us!” She chirped with excitement.

Blinking, Abby scowled as she tried to figure out her statement. “Y-Y-Your husband…?” Nodding giddily Brook giggled as her skin quivered like water rippling after a stone were tossed in it. “Uh huh! I hope whoever it is, is kind to me!” Furrowing her brow, the teenager shrugged her shoulder a few times as she began to feel feeling in the tips of her fingers now.

“S-So… you want to get married… to a human…?” Blinking, the blue haired child looked back down at Abby happily before nodding. “Well duh! What Mermaid doesn’t want a strong human to be our mate?” Seeing the confusion clearly written over the shrunken girls face, Brook smiled sheepishly before laughing.

“Humans are the best! You’re always so full of life! Energy drips off of you like faucets, you can walk on land, and you’re so strong! You can protect us Mermaids from other bad creatures!” She chirped. Thinking about her statements, Abby was thoughtful for a moment. Remembering what the great explorer had once said about Mermaids, they were very affectionate to him. Heinrich even claimed they wanted him to join them in the water on more than one occasion… though, due to his past experience with Monsters, he obviously declined.

Perhaps other Mermaids saw Humans as optimal… mates? ‘That’s what Casey said they have…’ It wasn’t marriage, it was simply two mates. ‘I guess that’s what all Monsters want… even Mermaids.’ Though, it seemed like an odd thing to want when you’re only a kid. Blinking slowly, the teenager would have palmed her face had her hands responded to her now. She didn’t even know how old Brook was! They didn’t always appear the age they were after all.

“H-Hey Brook… how old are you?” Wiggling back and forth as her mind fantasies freely, the little Mermaid paused before looking back down. “Six… I think. Why?” Shaking her head, the brunette chuckled. ‘I guess she is a kid after all… never mind.’

“Don’t worry about it… So, why do you want to find a husband? I mean, you’re kind of young you know.” Most girls weren’t interested in that until they were around her age at least. Though, she never had interest in that for some reason… Work usually kept her focus more than guys did. ‘Not that they were exactly lining up to court me or anything…’

Souring a bit, Abby was brought back to the present by the happiness in the younger girl’s voice. “All Mermaids want to find their husband early on silly! We want to take care of our mates, it’s in our nature!” She laughed before sighing in bliss. “I want to be able to do everything for mine. I can cook, clean, and even comfort them after a long day! Oh, that sounds so wonderful… There’s nothing like feeling wanted…” She whispered, a sad smile making its way to her lips.

Hearing the not so subtle change, a frown forced its way to the teen’s lips now as she saw the sadder girl. Most of these girls were here for a reason… and she had a feeling Brook was no different. “Why do you want to feel wanted? I don’t really follow.” Sure it was always a good thing to be needed, but to actively live for it? That seemed a little strange to her.

She was the kind of person who could be alone for days and she’d be perfectly content knowing her time was used to better herself. Though, usually, that later translated to helping others… perhaps it was a cycle…

Floating in the water quietly, the younger girl was silent now as she mulled over Abby's words. “W-Why do I want to feel wanted…? W-What kind of a question is that? Who doesn’t want to feel important?” Brook mumbled quietly before looking down at the little human confused.

“To be cherished… to be needed… M-My heart flutters when I’m needed. T-That’s why Najia put me in charge of cooking for the other girls every night. It just makes you feel valued… like you belong somewhere… Don’t you feel like that when you do something for someone else?”

Humming now, a small smile made its way to Abby's face before she nodded. “I guess your right… I became a doctor because its what my Master was, but, as time went on I started to feel more and more like I found my calling with it. And whenever he and I helped someone… my heart raced, and I felt…” “Needed…”

Chuckling, the teenager nodded. She kind of got it now. Though, it seemed like wanting a husband just to feel needed was a little over the top. “From what it sounds like you’re already needed here, Brook. You said you cook for the other tenants right? That’s important. And I know Eve trusts you and needed your help… and, so did I.” She whispered thankfully. The little vampire wouldn’t have just given her to someone she didn’t have faith in, even if it were dire. She knew that now.

Quivering, the little Mermaid whimpered before moving her face closer to the shrunken girl. “D-D-Do you mean it?! W-Was I helpful to you?” “T-T-To close!” Pulling her face back, Brook giggled as she saw the smaller girl sighing. “I’d say so… I mean just look at what you did to me.” Abby smiled before lifting her hand limply over her legs.

Cupping her hands over her bare chest, the navy haired girl moaned happily as she touched where her heart was… or, at least where she assumed it was. You could never truly know with Monster biology. “Eveline is lucky to have a Mate like you. You’re really kind Abby. If only I could find a Husband like you one day.” Brook smiled warmly.

Stiffening, it took a few seconds for the younger girl’s words to register before her face lit up a bright shade of red. “M-M-MATE?!” She thought she was her mate?! Blinking slowly, Brook looked down before nodding. “Aren’t you her mate?” “W-W-WHAT!? O-O-OF COURSE NOT! I’M A GIRL!” “So?” “S-S-So! B-Brook you just said you wanted a Husband!”

Tapping her chin in thought, Brook scowled now.” I never said I wanted a man to be my husband. I don’t care if it’s a guy or a girl, I just want one.” She smiled. Gawking, the brunette hung her head. She had thought for just a moment there was a Hominal here who actually grasped the concept of marriage but no! Of course not!

“B-Brook, a husband is a guy… A girl’s the wife. You said you wanted a husband…” “Well duh! I’m the wife!” The Mermaid defended before crossing her arms. “I don’t care if my husbands a guy or a girl, but I’m the wife!” She argued, her cheeks puffing out a bit angrily. She didn’t want to be the husband! She wanted to take care of hers not the other way around!

Giving the child a deadpanned look, Abby hung her head. ‘T-T-There all the same damn it…’ Why was this so hard for them to grasp! “Why would you think having a girl for a husband is weird? I don’t understand.” Brook mumbled as she continued to cross her arms. Mermaids had found comfort in other Mermaids for centuries. Though some of the lucky ones had Mermen, but they were a really rare breed. She’d be lucky to ever see one let alone have one as a husband. No, she’d settle for a Human. She liked them more anyways.

Looking up into the younger girls jade eyes pleadingly, the shrunken teen tried to make her understand. “It’s just how it is. It’s always been a man and a woman, not a guy and a guy, and c-certainly not a girl and a girl!” “Nope.” “NOPE WHAT?!” “Nope, nope.” Brook shook her head.

Crying out angrily, Abby shook her head. She wanted to pull her hair if only her arms weren’t still limp. “Would you drink milk your whole life but never touch cheese?” Blinking slowly, a sour expression crossed over the teenagers face. “W-What? I-I don’t understand what you’re talking about…” Where the hell did that come from?

Bobbing up and down in the water, Brook frowned as she continued to cross her arms. “If you have two types of food that are nearly the same would you only eat one and not the other? What if its beef and pork? Would you only eat one meat your whole life if you had the option or would you try the other too?”

Feeling the cogs in her mind slowly beginning to turn, Abby’s jaw quickly dropped as she worked out what the younger girl was saying now. “Y-YOU CAN’T COMPARE SEXES TO FOOD BROOK!” “Why not! Both taste the same!” Lighting up even redder, the teenager shook her head profusely now. “THAT’S NOT MY POINT! A-A-AND DON’T SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT!” She said she was six!

Gritting her teeth, Abby glared up at the younger girl angrily. “I-It’s not that simple!” “It is! I don’t know why you can’t see that!” The Mermaid fought back heatedly. “Why would you only take one option with your life just because something doesn’t look as appealing as the other? So what if you have a girl as a Husband! I’d love it if Eveline was my Husband! She’s super strong! Why does it bother you so much?”

“Because that’s not a what a Husband is!” Scowling down at Abby, Brook scoffed before shaking her head. “I take it back, I don’t want a husband like you. You’re stupid!” Sputtering, Abby growled angrily now. Who the hell was she to call her stupid! This was her opinion! “J-Just because you’re wrong doesn’t make me stupid!” “There’s nothing wrong with it though stupid!” “Quit calling me stupid!” “Stupid, stupid, stupid!”

Hanging her head, Abby bit her tongue angrily. She was arguing with a child… she wasn’t going to win this damn it! “L-L-Look! Let's just agree to disagree!” This conversation was never going to end… Pouting, Brook turned her back on the smaller girl as she kept her arms crossed.

“What does Eveline see in you? You seem like a lowly human…” “WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!” Flicking her tail in the water as she paddled back and forth, Brook continued to shake her head. “She’s really smart and strong! She wouldn't just take anyone to mate with her. So what does she see in a stupid human like you?”

Grinding her teeth, Abby tried to remain calm but her composure was cracking by the second. She was like a more obnoxious Casey! HOW WAS THAT POSSIBLE?! Shaking her head, the little Mermaid sighed before hanging her head. “too bad, she could really use a good wife. Poor Eveline, having to scrap the bottom of the barrel for you…” “SHUT UP! SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP. SHUT UP!”

Cracking open an eye, Brook scowled before lowering her head down. “Why should I stupid!” “I’D MAKE A GOOD WIFE TO ANYONE DAMN IT!” Clawing at the water angrily, Abby was fuming now. “I’M NOT STUPID, I-I’M EDUCATED! A-A-AND I’M A DOCTOR IN TRAINING! I’M KIND TO OTHERS AND I LOVE TO TREAT PEOPLE TO! WHO ARE YOU TO CALL ME A BAD MATE FOR EVE!” She was a catch!

Smiling coyly now, Brook leaned down till her face was resting just inches in front of hers. “So… you do like her then!” As the shrunken teen's rage began to evaporate, Abby began to blink slowly before her face lit up brightly… she had been baited.

Screaming, the teenager thrashed in the water angrily before glaring at the smug Hominal. “S-Screw you!” Laughing happily as she splashed around in the pool, Brook swam in circles gleefully as she began fading In and out of the water. “You like her, you like her, you like her too! You both like each other, so cuuuuuuuute~!”

Whimpering in the water as the structural integrity beneath her began to fall away, Abby sunk in the pool before floating there bitterly. S-She didn’t… she couldn’t like Eve, she was a girl… Paddling on her back as giggles continued to leave her throat the blunette sighed before floating next to the now crying girl.

“I know you’re not stupid, stupid.” She giggled before giving the girl a gentle poke to make her float as well. “But you do seem confused. I don’t understand why you don’t like girl’s that seems really weird to me. No one’s supposed to live their life alone… Hominal, beastial, or human. We were put on this earth to have a little fun! So, embrace it! Love who you love, that’s what we Mermaids do! When we find our mates we just know it by seeing them. Just one look in their eyes and all of our emotions are exchanged. This is love… Can you not say you haven’t felt it before?”

Flouting in the water silently, Abby was mute as she heard the girls words echoing in her ears. ‘I-Its wrong…’ She had always been taught it was, from as far back as she could remember… Feeling herself beginning to rise, the smaller girl gently turned her head as she saw the water beneath her lifting her up to Brook’s eye level.

“Why judge yourself and not grasp love when it’s right in front of you? Any Mermaid would leap onto land for it!” She exclaimed before cupping her chest once more. “Love is love… Don’t forsake it for something stupid… Stupid.” She giggled before sticking out her tongue.

Ignoring the childish antics of… well, the child, Abby was solemn now. How did her words affect her so deeply… It was troubling. Closing her eyes, the teenager was quiet now as she tried to calm down. She was more strung up now then she was when she first woke up thanks to the obnoxious girl. It seemed more then one of these girls could get under her skin. She’d have to work on that…

Cradling the smaller human gently as the water beneath her changed into her hands, the little Mermaid sighed before shaking her head. “You really are blessed to find love so early in life. Most of my kind doesn’t find it till much later on. I hope, I’m different though…” She wanted her Husband as soon as possible. She craved being needed…

“Brook… how did you end up here?” Blinking slowly, the younger girl looked down at Abby mutely before scowling. Why did she want to know that? Opening her eyes distantly, the brunette looked up into the younger girl’s jaded jade eyes before frowning.

“I want to know more… More about you, about the others… about Najia... How did she find you?” Her question might have come at an odd moment, but, she needed to know more… for her own sake… Lowering her head, the Mermaid was silent for a moment before she began paddling over to the ledge of the pool.

Looking down as she was set gently on the rocks, Brook let her go before cupping her hands together silently. “Y-You said, you wanted to know stuff about me… right?” Nodding slowly, Abby nodded as she tried to move around a bit. Her arms were responding and so was her neck, but she was still pretty much numb to the touch from her stomach down. She still had a long ways to go…

Resting her hands on the edge of the ledge, the blue haired girl propped her chin up in front of her before thinking it over. It had been about two years now since it all happened… and it made her sad to think about it all over again…

Licking her lips, regardless of her body’s composition, Brook tried to speak but found her voice struggling to come out. Though, she didn’t need to force it. “If you don’t want to tell me everything, that’s fine. Just please tell me about Najia at least… I do want to know more about you… but if it hurts I understand.” Abby whispered.

Staring down at the teen quietly, a sad smile danced across the Mermaids lips. “I… I was born in the eastern Atlantic Ocean, several miles out from here… from this continent I mean. My species are known as a Betta Mermaid… our species are specific to different breeds of fish we originate from. Our lineage is traced back to these breeds, though… I couldn’t tell you why. I’m not a fish…” She smiled dryly before shaking her head.

“I was born in a large reef hidden by a dense kelp forest. It was a preferable hiding place for our kind… not many sailors would come near it because of rocks scratching the bottoms of their boats.” She giggled. Thinking back to her old life, Brook saddened considerably before closing her eyes.

“Mermaids like to live with others of our kind… and my Mom was no different. We lived in a small clan of about fifteen or sixteen I think. But, I was the youngest. I don’t know who my father was… but I think he was a sailor. My mom said I was born there but there are no Mermen from what I remember…” Nodding quietly Abby listened closely as she paid attention, this was interesting to hear.

Nuzzling her arms gently Brook sighed before shaking her head. “Things were dull back there… back home. But, it was safe. Until the Anglers came… at least.” Raising her brow, the teenager thought about the name before nodding. They were most likely fishermen of some kind. It seemed to fit…

Shaking her head slowly, Brook whimpered before burying her face. “I… I was swimming too close to the top of our reef that day… I didn’t know what an Angler was. And… and when I saw it, I wanted it. There was something shiny in the water, something different. I saw something glowing, like a gem in the sea…” Brook whispered as her eyes seemed to dull over.

“B-Brook…?” Snapping back to attention, the Little Mermaid smiled sadly before nodding. “S-Sorry… I just remember how pretty it looked. I never got it though… When I swam for it, I remember it all happening so fast. One minute I’m grabbing ahold of the strange object, and the next, I’m flying out of the water… I-I-It was so scary…” Brook whispered before whimpering.

Feeling a gentle presence on her arm, the blue haired Mermaid looked up before smiling softly. Rubbing her limp hand back and forth in an attempt to comfort her, Abby was sullen as she thought it over. “Y-You were fished out of the water… like some type of a catch… weren’t you?”

Nodding her head, Brook trembled as a shiver ran down her spine. “When I landed I was on a boat, and… and there were men standing over me… a lot of them. M-Most of them were shocked to see me, others were cheering… But, it was all just so scary…” Brook sputtered before burying her face again.

“I… I was thrown into a cage… a-and that’s all I remember till I was here.” Brook cried softly, tears escaping her eyes as she remembered being abducted from her home. Clutching the blue haired girls arm gently, Abby face darkened as she felt her anger rise.

The more and more she learned about these girls, the greater her anger towards her own kind grew. She hated to hear it… but, it made her understand them all better. Looking up at the crying girl as she whimpered, however, the teen felt her heart aching. She was just a child… they took a child from her home!

Hugging the younger girl comfortingly, Abby sighed. “So… so how did you end up, here though? I saw you fading in and out of the water. Can't you turn into it or something?” If she was willing, she’d like to hear the rest… if the little Mermaid could finish her tale that is. Sniffling, Brook poked her eyes out as she wiped her nose on her arms. A lot of it was kind of a blur, but… she’d try to remember.

“I couldn't do it at the time... I didn't learn how to meld until about a year ago. Najia was the one who showed me how to do it. Before that... I… I think I was taken to a port or something. I-I don’t know which though. I was kept in some kind of tank for a few days… they didn’t feed me either…” Brook whimpered before shaking her head. It still haunted her. being alone… not knowing what was going on… it hurt…

Sighing, the younger girl shook her head again before looking back at the smaller girl. “I was taken onto land, and then somewhere else. I still couldn’t see because of the container they carried me in… but when it opened up, I… I was in a large room. A-A-And there was a lot of people! It was scary!” Brook cried before feeling her arm hugged tighter.

“C-Calm down, please… it's fine if you don’t want to go on. I just want to know how you ended up here. With Najia I mean.” Nodding slowly, Brook whimpered before biting her lip. “I, I was sold I think… I don’t really know what they were saying but I saw people waving stuff in the air at me. Eventually, someone bought me and I was being carried away. A few days later though when I was on the road, something stopped me and I was taken out of the cart I was in. W-W-When the lid to my container was pulled off I thrashed and tried to get away… but, all I saw was her…”

Watching as the younger girl calmed considerably now, Abby smiled. “Najia was looking down at me… she was smiling at me…” Crying softly, Brook smiled as she remembered it as clear as day. All around her were the men who had taken her. They were unconscious, and only the Kitsune stood tall.

“She told me to come with her, and… and I did. S-S-So that’s kind of how it all began. She took me in her arms, and we ran. I felt, safe…” Brook whispered before shivering happily. She had been so scared, and to feel comfort, It was a relief.

“Najia really must be amazing… I hear so much about her, yet I don’t even know who I’m treating personally.” Abby chuckled. Her hatred towards her patient was all but gone with each story she was told about her. She actually felt rather excited to meet her now… ironic.

Looking down at Abby in shock, the younger girl looked at her in surprise. “T-T-Treating?! Y-You’re… you're taking care of Najia…?” Nodding quietly, the brunette smiled up at the child before patting her arm. “I told you, I’m a doctor. It’s what I do.” Even if she was reluctant to do it at first… but, she didn’t need to know that.

Trembling, Brook fidgeted before her fingers began to move around Abby surprising the smaller teen. “B-B-Brook…?” Lifting her upwards towards her eyes now, the Mermaid was mute as she simply stared at her. “Y-You’re helping her… You’re saving Najia?” Nodding slowly from the repeated question, the shrunken human had let out a cry of surprise as she was instantly enveloped in the younger girls hands.

Pulling Abby into her chest, Brook shuddered as she hugged the smaller girl tightly. She was taking care of Najia! Why hadn’t Eveline mentioned that! “T-T-Thank you… t-thank you… thank you…” Crying softly as tears gently rolled down her cheeks again, Brook whimpered as she hugged the human tightly. Najia meant so much to her… and she was helping her even though they were different species…

It made her love for Humans even stronger, knowing there were some even like her. Sputtering as she was pressed face first into her, Abby tried to struggle but her body was still completely powerless to her control. “B-B-Brook, k-knock it off!”

Shaking her head, the younger girl laughed as she felt the teenager tickling her chest. “Thank you, thank you… thank you so much…” Relenting eventually, a dark blush dusted Abby’s cheeks as she pressed her face into her. “I-Its fine… really…” It was just a deal… she helped Najia and they helped her…

Frowning, the smaller girl sighed knowing that just wasn’t it anymore, regardless of what she told herself. She honestly did want to help the Kitsune, simply because she could. ‘I guess this is Eve’s fault too… did she change me, or was it everyone else?’ She didn’t know when it happened… but, it did.

As she was released eventually, the shrunken girl was brought upwards as Brook’s verdant eyes bore into her happily. It was a much better expression them her heart broken one from before. “I can see why Eve likes you now… I like you to.”

Blushing, the smaller girl sighed before scratching her cheek sheepishly. “K-Knock it off already…” She wasn’t used to this much affection. It was a bit too much for her tastes. Giggling, the Mermaid nodded before cradling Abby gently.

The atmosphere was ever shifting with these girls. One minute, they could be sad, the next happy, and even later trying to kill her. No matter what she did, there was always something going on around her. This was such a strange experience… but, it was one she cherished as strange as it seemed.

“H-Hey Abby?” Looking up at Brook once more, the shrunken human nodded as she saw the blue haired girl smiled quietly. “C-Can you tell me more to… about, you now?” Blinking slowly, a smile spread across her lips as well.

“S-Sure… that sounds nice… actually. What do you want to know first?” It would be awhile longer till she fully recovered… and someone to share her time with sounded kind of fun. Maybe she could learn a bit more too.

 

And make a new friend along the way…

 

 

To be continued.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

Well that will do it everyone, thank you all for reading :D

I'll be revising the second half because of how its cropped right now so it will probably be about the same upload time but not as long as last time. As always please leave me a review, the longer the better, (I'm greedy) and tell me your thoughts and what you're hoping to see.~

See you guys next time around :D

 

Bye!