- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Welcome back people :D

Glad to be here with you once again, and i'm sorry for the delay!

This chapter took me a little bit because of how the story is set up. I have a change of plans for something later on and I needed to revise it. Either way, expect to see some subtle changes, but you may or may not even realize it.

This chapter should be a good indicator of what I mean so if you catch onto what I meant, feel free to mention it with your lovely reviews~

 

But, if not, oh well :P

 

Enjoy it either way and tell me what you think!

 

You know I crave your words~

Enjoy!

 

 

 

“WHAT IN THE SEVEN HELLS WAS THAT ALL ABOUT ABBY! YA SCARED THE LIVING SHITS OUT OF US!”

 

“A-Abby, please… say, something at least… what happened to you back there. Whatever it was, that wasn’t normal!”

 

“For fuck's sake, speak, damn it!”

 

Sitting in absolute silence, the little human was mute as she gazed off distantly, her mind riddled with guilt as the memories of what occurred not too long ago haunted her. For better or worse… she was completely humiliated and mortified by what she had done…

She had been caught red-handed, doing… doing something, to herself… touching herself… letting Nya freely have her way with her. What on earth had gone through her mind to allow such a thing! And now… she had to pay the price…

Watching the smaller girl trembling on the table as both she and Casey tried to get her to speak, Kari grew silent as worry took over. “P-Please Abby… you can tell us anything… What were you doing when we came back here? O-One minute we were talking together like normal… a-and the next, you were… y-y-you were…”

“She was masturbating you boyd eejit, stop yer stutterin!” Casey snapped as she crossed her arms darkly. The girl was a prude, plain and simple. To be caught doing something like that… questions needed to be answered. This wasn’t the Abby they knew…

“Come on, talk already. Yer actin weird, yer not speakin. Just what the fuck did happen to ya to make ya like this?” Casey whispered her voice while still hot coming off rather meek as she tried to get the human to talk back to her.

Trembling on the table as she fiddled with her dress, Abby remained silent as she tried desperately to compose herself. After awakening to her strange memories… she soon found out from both Kari and Casey, that they were just that. Memories… everything that she remembered had just happened. It wasn’t some kind of perverse dream like she desperately wished it to be.

She had let Nya… let the little Neko freely touch her… and lick her… and take her essence… ‘I-I-I’m disgusting…’ Trembling as she tried to hold back her tears, it wasn’t long till a gentle warmth surrounded her on all sides… though, she still felt cold from her actions… she wouldn’t feel good about them anytime soon either…

“Abby… come on, we ain't baytin ya up for what happened… we just need to know is all. Ya know this to be true. Come on, please tell us what we just walked in on. D-Did that damned cat attack ya!” Casey snapped before her expression softened as she saw tears beginning to peek out from the brunette's eyes.

Nudging the Dullahan’s fingers off of her, the smaller girl shook her head before wiping away the thin layer of tears that had fallen down her cheeks. She had to tell them… she had to tell them, everything… Everything…

“No… Nya didn’t r-rape me again… I-I-I let her do it freely this time…” Gawking at Abby now, both Kari and Casey looked to one another as they shared the same disbelief. “B-B-But, ya hate us! W-Why would ya let the damned girl even get that close to ya let alone let the cat eat yer cat?”

Blushing profusely now from the obscene way she put it, the teenager slapped Casey’s fingers away once again before her anger lessened. She wasn’t mad at them… just herself. “I… I can’t answer that Casey… B-Because, I don’t really know myself.” She whispered her voice frail and weak as she tried to control her tears once more.

Feeling another pair of fingers wrap around her once more, Abby tried to struggle, but… they weren’t Casey’s this time. “Something happened to you… w-what was it Abby. You’re different now… You’ve been acting strange since you walked back in here. You still haven’t even told me how you did it… how you found your way back here…” Kari whispered quietly, her voice hushed as she gently held the fragile girl in her hands.

Looking up into the witches auburn eyes, Abby felt some of her shame leave her before nodding. She was right… she was different. Someone changed her, actually. Widening her eyes now, the smaller girl began to tremble once again. She had an answer for them now… one that should have been obvious to her from the very start.

“E-Eve… I, I met Eve. A-And I think she did something to me…” Abby stuttered out before looking up at them both. Looking down at the smaller girl silently, both Casey and Kari looked at one another before frowning.

“Who the fuck is Eve?” Casey mumbled before looking down at Abby in confusion. Trading glances to both the Dullahan and Witch respectfully, Abby frowned before changing her statement. She had told her not to call her this… so maybe they knew her by this name instead.  “I… I met Eveline… Y-You recognize that name, don’t you?”

Seeing her question answered with both their faces, Abby nodded as she got the response she expected to see, to begin with. Paling considerably, both Casey and Eve shook violently as shivers ran down their spines. “W-W-What did you just say…” The redhead whispered her tone impossible to differ from anything else but absolute shock.

Lowering her gaze, Abby rubbed her wrists now as she recalled everything that had happened. Her mind wasn’t nearly as clouded now… and it was beginning to resurface, all of it. “I met her, and she told me to call her Eve. She’s the vampire that lives here with you all… right?”

Looking into Abby’s eyes pleadingly, Casey tried to see any form of deceit, hell she prayed there was! But… she wasn’t lying… Feeling the fingers holding her beginning to loosen, Abby yipped in surprise before clinging to Kari’s hand, she had completely lost her grip on her!

“H-H-HEY, K-KARI!” Shivering in fear, the little witch blinked before snapping back to attention as she cupped Abby once again. “T-That’s not possible… That can’t be true!” Casey shrieked before slamming her hands down on the table angrily.

Looking up to the Dullahan confused, the teenager simply shook her head. “W-What do you mean?” Gritting her teeth, Casey shook her head furiously, her shadow almost slipping off along with her head in the process. “I-It’s impossible because if you met Eveline… you’d be dead…”

Feeling her breath hitch, Abby shivered before looking up to Kari. She never expected such a morbid statement to come from the younger girl. But… looking into her hollow eyes, she could see the truth behind her words.

Setting Abby back down gently, Kari pulled her hands away before fidgeting. “H-H-How are you here… y-you shouldn’t be… you shouldn’t be alive if you saw her!” the blonde screamed before shrinking as Casey’s hate filled eyes latched onto her.

“Don’t say something like that damn it! S-S-She… she had to have not seen her or somethin! R-Right was it one of the damned Imps who said her name! Tell us how you know that name!” Casey pleaded, before feeling her composure slipping as she watched the smaller girl shaking her head.

Shivering as well now, Abby saw quiet for a long moment before her tongue crept out from her mouth to lick her lips. “No… I didn’t hear it from Emma and Ella… S-She told me her name… and, and she told me to call her Eve afterward's… we spoke together, for a while…”

Looking down at Abby as if she had grown a second head, both Casey and Kari’s mouths hung agape before they shook their heads almost simultaneously. “I-It’s just not possible… h-h-how…” Kari whimpered before moving her hand towards Abby.

Blinking in surprise as her cheek was gently touched, the toddler began to cry now as she felt her. It almost seemed like she was testing to see if she was there or not… Pulling her knee’s to her chest, the brunette sat in silence as she continued to watch both Hominal trying to process her words.

Why was this causing so much shock to them? Sighing quietly, Abby nodded her head before looking up at them sternly. They needed to know everything. When it came to them and Eve… they had been the ones to look after her well-being since she came here… not her…

“Eve, er… Eveline told the twins to capture me, Casey… that’s the reason why they attacked you. I-I don’t know why they went for your head at first, but I was the reason they were there in the commons… that’s where we were, right?”

Nodding her head dumbfounded, the Dullahan shook in silence as she listened. For once in her life… she was completely at a loss for words. That had never happened to her before! Rubbing her tired eyes, the teen tried to piece together what had happened from start to finish before going into it. If she was going to tell them everything she had to be specific… even about the things Eve told her not to mention to them.

As seconds turned into minutes, minutes soon turned into an hour before the human had finally finished her tale. How she was kidnapped back in the commons… how she was abused by Emma and Ella… how she woke up with Eve… how she talked to her gently… told her things… and, and even how she took her blood to use her Clairvoyance ability. Once she finished her tale, ending on what had happened with Nya and why it wasn’t exactly her fault, Abby finally sighed.

There had been a lot to get off her chest. And it felt good to actually tell someone about it. “I… I know this is hard to believe… I still can’t myself… but, that’s what happened. And whatever she did to me caused me to act like that with Nya… s-so please, don’t get angry with her. It’s my fault, not hers…”

Looking up at both Casey and Kari as their mouths hung open respectfully, it wasn’t for a few minutes before the first of the girls found their voice, the question that followed, however, wasn’t one the brunette had been expecting. “S-S-So… y-you, like us… like us now?” Casey muttered nervously earning a puzzled look in return.

Out of everything she said, that was the first question she was asked?! Blushing timidly, the shrunken girl's mind went over how she felt when Nya had been pleasuring her… and honestly, she had an answer… one she didn’t care to admit.

“I guess… I do. I-I can’t explain it… but, I don’t feel the same revulsion that I felt before when I was first touched by one of you… N-N-Not Hominal I-I mean! By a-another girl…” Licking her lips, Casey nodded before leaning downward.

“S-So… d-does this bother you then…?” Looking to the redhead confused, Abby let out a cry of surprise as her face was suddenly enveloped by the Dullahan’s lips. Looking at her friend in shock, Kari jumped as well as she watched the obscure sight. What the hell was going on!

Panicking as she thrashed in place, Abby soon grew limp as seconds ticked by. Waiting about fifteen seconds, Casey broke her kiss as her cheeks dusted a similar shade of red as her hair. She didn’t plan on that being as long as it had been.

“C-C-Casey, what are you doing! A-Abby, are you… all…right…?” Kari started to scream before feeling her words die off as she looked at the smaller girl. Sitting in an almost drunken like state, the brunettes lower jaw trembled as a crooked smile grew over her lips. That had felt… kind of nice…

“W-Wow…” She wasn’t expecting that but damn, it made her own lips tingle. She could still taste the redhead's tongue on her lips. Wait, when did she stick her tongue out?! Blushing furiously as the implications of what just happened caught up with her, Abby scowled before glaring up at Casey.

“W-W-WHAT THE HELL WAS T-THAT FOR!” Shrugging her shoulders, the redhead continued to blush as a small smile crept over her lips. “I was just t-testin what ya said is all. No harm was done, am I right? S-So… did ya like it?” She whispered eagerly.

Rubbing the back of her head sheepishly, the smaller girl fidgeted as she knew the answer right off the bat. “Y-Yes…” Grinning from ear to ear, Casey bounced slightly before Kari’s voice broke her out of her own entertained thoughts.

“So… Eveline did do something to you then… You hated us yesterday, and now you look almost, happy by what just happened… “Looking to the little witch both Abby and Casey nodded as they were brought back to the situation at hand.

“Y-Yeah… yeah, she did… and everything else is true too. I-I-I’m not lying, I swear!” Nodding her head meekly, the younger blonde sighed before kneeling down and resting her chin on the table so she was eye level with her.

“I-I didn’t think you were. You’re not a liar Abby, I know that. B-But even so… This is hard to comprehend. Eveline… s-she’s not like us, Abby…” Furrowing her brow, the brunette glanced over to the Dullahan but she wore the same troubled look the toddler did.

“I don’t understand… I-I know she’s an A ranked Monster… but so is Ebon. Why did you act the way you did towards her? She seemed… kind of nice, actually.” Even with what she did to her… it didn’t seem vindictive really… just strange.

Looking up at Casey, the Dullahan bit her lip before closing her eyes and nodding. “Go on, tell her what she’s gotten herself into…” It was the least they could do. She was practically one of them at this point. No sense sheltering her from their lives when she was smack dab in the bloody middle of them all.

Frowning, Kari stared down at her desk as she tried to figure out where to start, the smaller girl looking at her expectantly for answers. “A-Abby… You know that us Hominal and Beastial don’t get along very well… I told you this earlier. Our very existence right now is a perversion of life. It just shouldn’t happen. But, Najia has done it so, because… she’s also not like us either.”

Furrowing her brow, Abby was about to interject before Casey’s voice stopped her. “Don’t talk… just, here us out, alright? it's time you learned it all. We’ll tell ya everything we can. Just, listen, and ask us afterward's… alright?”

Looking up at the redhead speechlessly, the teenager licked her lips before nodding. Just what did they plan on telling her that was so important? Thanking Casey wordlessly with her smile, Kari soon frowned as she remembered where she left off.

“Najia is a Kitsune… and she’s from another continent entirely.” Nodding in understanding, Abby remained silent as she listened. She had expected that actually. The clothes she wore were unlike anything she had seen in Ireland, but, she had seen them in books before…

“She’s from an eastern continent, but she never tells us which when we ask… a lot of her past is hidden to even us. So we’ll tell you what we do know. Where she comes from, both Hominal and Beastial fight humans… kind of like here, but the difference is they fight… together.”

Raising her brow, the teenager nodded silently as she waited for the witch to elaborate. It did seem strange to her, but like Casey said... she could hold her questions for later. “Things like racial prejudice and different species doesn't bother her. She’s very passive like that… and very intuitive too. So, that’s why she treats us the way we are now. She brought us all together Abby… by saving us, each and every one of us actually. T-There’s a story every one of us could tell you… all of which are tragic… but, the one thing each and everyone in these caverns shares… is Najia came into our lives, a-and she adopted us… W-We’re like her children…” Kari whimpered before sniffling sadly, her words bringing up some unpleasant memories.

Glancing to Casey as she saw her saddened expression as well, Abby nodded. “N-Najia found you at some point after… after what happened with your Mother… right, Casey…?” Biting her lip, the redhead nodded regretfully before clenching her fists.

“Y-Y-Yeah… yeah, she did…” Looking to Kari now, the little witch continued to tremble as she wiped her eyes down. It looked like she was about to cry. “I-I’ll take over Kari… w-why don’t you go check on Nya or somethin…” The Dullahan mumbled quietly before the younger girl nodded.

Standing up quickly, Kari moved away from Abby surprising her. Just what did she say that set her off like that? Watching the blonde moving away, Casey took her place before kneeling down as well. “Forgive her Abby… she gets like that whenever Najia comes up in conversation… hell, even when she talks with her alone she cries… but, I suppose that never bothers her…” Casey smiled sadly before looking over to the unconscious Kitsune.

Staring as well, Abby nodded once more as her mind raced over what had been said already. “I thank ya for not sayin too much about my past… I don’t have it in me to tell the boyd what I’ve been through. She’s like a delicate dainty flower, ya know? One sad statement and she get's all wet… it drives me nuts sometimes…” The redhead sighed before shaking her head.

“W-When did she find you…?” Opening her eyes, the younger girl looked down at Abby seriously before nodding. It seemed she wanted to get back to where Kari had left off… and hell, she couldn’t blame her. This was going to be a long story…

“Najia found me a little after I escaped my fate… when I was running from those fucking hunters who took me, mum… If… if I hadn’t run into her when I did… I might not be here right now.” Looking at Casey in surprise, the brunette saw nothing but utter devotion from the look she was giving her unconscious patient.

“She stumbled into me out of thin air when I was being chased… and with just the flick of her tail, her fucking tail! She sent them all away. I don’t know what the hell she did but… she saved me. She even came back to where me mum had been to help me, Abby… but, by the time we came back, they rest of em’ were long gone…” Casey whispered bitterly before gritting her teeth.

“All of our tales have somethin to do with Najia savin us. I can’t tell you all of em, but if you want to know Kari’s past you’ll have to ask her yerself. But… don’t expect an answer. And if you do get one, fuck, expect to be weepin and havin a little boyd Witch follow you around for the rest of yer life like some kind of growth.” Casey chuckled weakly before shaking her head.

Smiling silently, Abby nodded before looking over her shoulder at Kari, the younger girl sticking halfway in the wall as she presumably tried to check on Nya. “You tried to comfort her… right?” Nodding begrudgingly, Casey crossed her arms beneath the table before sighing.

“When Najia brought her to us she was crying… and, and I guess I felt a moment of weakness. Don’t ya ever tell her I said that though!” Casey snapped before scowling as she saw the smaller girl smiling up at her. “And what’s with the smug look?”

“Nothing… nothing… it’s just nice to see Monsters being the exact opposite of what I thought they were. You’ve really all changed my view since I came here… even before Eve did what she did to me…” Darkening, Casey lowered her gaze as they were brought back to the topic at hand.

“Abby… I say this because I care about ya. Stay, away, from Eveline.” Looking up at the redhead silently, the teenager saw something in her face, something she had seen yesterday as well, fear. She really was scared of her… and it seemed so was Kari…

“Eveline is different than us… when we each found the other, she was the first. Since the beginning… I’ve been with Najia pretty long, but Eveline’s been here even longer than I have. She was the first girl Najia had with her… and, and she’s nothing but trouble, ya hear me?”

Shaking her head quietly, Abby tried to voice her questions but Casey’s dark glare silenced her before she could even utter a word about it. “She looks down on us… she thinks herself better… But the reason I’m tellin ya this is because she’s cunning. She’s sly, deceptive, and above all things… she hates our kind, all, of our kind's… that includes humans Abby.”

Furrowing her brow, the brunette was mute as she thought over the younger girls words. She had some strong opinions about Eve… and it seemed Kari might have them as well judging by how scared she seemed to be of her. “W-Why does she hate us…? And, and you said all of us… what do you mean?”

Moving her hands over Abby protectively, Casey gently pet the smaller girls back as she tried to calm her nerves. Any time Eveline came up in conversation she was always freaked out by the child. She was the stuff of nightmares…

“It’s like I said… She hates us. She doesn’t like humans and voiced it repeatedly throughout the years… but, she said the same thing to us too. She hates us Abby, Hominal, Human, Beastial… she doesn’t give two shits! She… she even goes as far to fight with Najia! She’s fuckin ungrateful, churlish, and trouble… I’m warnin ya, don’t cross paths with her if ya can help it… or ya will regret it…”

Shaking her head in disbelief, Abby stiffened as she felt Casey’s fingers tightening around her. “B-But… that can’t be true Casey… She, she said that she liked me…” Scoffing, the Dullahan picked Abby up before cradling her close to her chest.

“Yeah, as a fucking snack! Ya said she took yer blood! She probably just liked yer flavor and wanted to save ya for later!” She snapped contemptibly before hugging the teenager closer. “B-But… but I won’t let her near ya. I-I’ll stop her if she tries something like that again, I swear!”

Blushing quietly as she felt the warmth both from the redhead’s words and from her gently actions towards her, Abby didn’t know what to say. ‘S-She seemed so… different though.’ The Eve she met was calm, composed, and very charming. She didn’t seem to hate her, or really despise her like she thought she would.

Sure she mentioned she didn’t like humans… but she also made it abundantly clear she didn’t hate her either. So, where did Eve fall between her and Casey’s opinions then? Did she really even know anything about her… or, was everything she said just some kind of ploy… what was she plotting?

Looking up at Casey’s face as the younger girl continued to cradle her tenderly, Abby smiled weakly. “I-I got myself into a mess… didn’t I?” Sighing, the Dullahan nodded before patting her head. “We live in that mess so accentually, yes.” She snickered before shaking her head.

“This ain't a laughin matter though Abby. Ya said that Eveline took ya because she knew who ye were. How in the bloody hell did that happen? I’d bet my head me and the little boyd didn’t say a thing and fuck it if Nya can say anything anyone can understand. So how then?”

Narrowing her eyes, the teenager was quiet for a moment before she frowned. “She said her familiars were her eyes and ears… maybe she has multiple under her service I’m not aware of. I know she did something to Emma and Ella, but they didn’t recognize me at first so I don’t think they told her…”

Gritting her teeth, Casey closed her eyes before huffing. “Fuckin hell… That bitch has familiars, I forgot about that… damned bloodsuckers…” If she had some in these caves then who knows what else she knew about. Feeling the hairs on the back of her neck rise now, Casey narrowed her eyes before her rage began to rise.

Did this mean she knew about her too! Hell, did this mean she knew about everyone! ‘Fuck! That’s why she’s so cocky all the time!’ Damn it that pissed her off! It always freaked her out how she knew everything before anyone else. It seemed like she did it to Najia to whenever they were gathered… as rare as that was.

Sitting together silently, both girls were somber as they felt the weight behind the smaller girl’s burdens. This was a dangerous situation she was now a part of. And… and when it came down to it, Eveline was in charge… she knew everything about Abby now from whatever that Clairvoyance thing was…

“We need Najia to get better soon… she’s the only one who can keep up with Eveline…” Casey mumbled before looking over to the unconscious woman. Nodding her head thoughtfully, Abby was silent as she remembered something else… it had been the one thing she failed to mention before.

‘Call my name… and I’ll be there with you…’ She had the power to summon Eve whenever she deemed it necessary… Was this something she should tell her? Looking up at Casey’s troubled expression, the older girl frowned. Maybe not... She might want to pick a fight with her if the opportunity presented itself...

“What does it mean… to be under Eveline’s protection? She said I was under it and that others would know what it meant. Is everyone else as scared of her as much as you two are?” Grinding her teeth, Casey was silent for a moment before she sighed.

“Of all the girls that Najia looks after, there’s only three who could actually hold a candle to Eve if it came to a fight, and that’s just a theory. I’ve only seen her fight once, and that was with Ebon when they first met. It… it was terrifying…” The redhead whispered before shaking her head.

Nodding wordlessly, Abby nodded before thinking it over. “So, Eve and Ebon are the strongest of all of you? Not counting Najia I mean. But… you said three… who else is here who can fight a vampire or a dragon on even grounds?” Growing silent, Casey closed her eyes before biting her tongue. She didn’t want to hide anything from Abby anymore… but, there were some things she was better off not knowing about.

“There’s one other… but, we don’t talk about her. Just let it rest, you don’t have anything to worry from her…” Furrowing her brow, the smaller girl wanted to pressure her for an answer, but the dark look she was being given told her to drop it.

‘I guess there are still secrets they still don’t want to talk to me about…’ She had thought for a second perhaps they truly did trust her. Sighing, the smaller human shook her head before propping her chin on one of the Dullahan’s fingers.

“So, she says I’m under her protection. If she hated me that much… then why would she protect me?” It still didn’t make much sense to her. Shaking her head, Casey was silent once more before she scoffed. “Fuck, she’s probably savin ya as food or something else sinister. Anyway its cut, I’m tellin ya to not go lookin for her if ya can help it. She’s dangerous Abby…”

Looking up into the younger girl’s eyes, a saddened smile made its way to the little humans face. “I… I don’t know if that’s even possible Casey… She’s in my head after all. She knows everything I'm going to do from now till who knows when...” Biting her lip, the Dullahan huffed as she remembered that little bit. She claimed to have seen her future and knew enough of it to freak the brunette out. And frankly, she just might have the power to do it.

Vampires had powers unworldly, not unlike Dullahan’s. But the stark contrast to the extent of them was staggering. They could do almost anything with time and patience, and frankly… Eveline had both under her belt.

“Ya said she changed ya… made things like a kiss for instance not so bad… r-right?” Blushing, Abby nodded as she thought about it. “I don’t know how to describe it, but when I was petting Nya earlier, something in my head just kind of… clicked, and… and you saw what happened.” She mumbled regretfully.

Humming thoughtfully at that piece of information, Casey chuckled earning a quite glare from the brunette. “W-What’s so funny about that!” She was now giving in to people raping her! This wasn’t a laughing matter!

Shaking her head, Casey smiled sheepishly before looking back down at Abby. “I know it’s not… it’s just funny to me is all. Here I thought ya were a prude, and ya are to be fair… But then the damned bloodsucker changes ya to make ya more like us. Heh, if I didn’t know any better I’d think she wanted ya to mate with her or somethin.”

It was a laughable notion. Vampires were haughty creatures. They didn’t take *Mates* they took slaves. Why would she care what Abby liked or didn’t like if she was going to keep her around as her food source? In the end, this only really benefited Abby… Well… and maybe her…

Blushing faintly, another sly smile crept over Casey’s face before yipping as she felt her hand pinched. “Knock it off! That’s your naughty face! Don’t get any ideas! Just because I can’t refuse it doesn’t mean I want to be molested!”

Puffing out her cheeks, Casey blushed harder now for being called out before turning away. “P-Please, like I’d bed ya again… it was a one time deal! Don’t think too hard on it ya eejit.” “So if I stripped myself bare and said take me now, you wouldn’t?” “W-W-WHAT?! I-I, MEAN, N-NO!”

Where the fuck did she get that kind of confidence!? Smirking up at Casey as she saw the redhead sputtering now from her bold statement, Abby chuckled herself. It seemed her mind wasn’t the only thing that had changed. Be it a curse or some kind of a blessing in disguise, she was altered. And only Eve knew to what extent.

It seemed like something as embarrassing as this didn’t faze her nearly as much as it should have. Not to mention all that shame she felt earlier from what she had done with Nya was all but gone now. ‘What did you do to me to make me this depraved Eve…?’

She could only hope it was temporary though… or else, her mind might make her like it if this continued. Feeling her head flicked, Abby blinked before looking back up at Casey’s bright face. She had been drawn into her thoughts again…

“J-J-Jeez, don’t get all cocky, I needed my Energy, nothing more! A-A-And don’t act like ya didn’t like it either!” she mumbled quietly before tossing the smaller girl back on the table. She didn’t trust her hands not to touch her when she was this distraught…

Falling on her butt, Abby scowled up at Casey before smiling and eventually giggling. “S-SHUT UP!” It did feel good to laugh… even if it seemed impossible in situations like this. Her life was strange… “H-Hey… someone wants to say hi…”

Quieting down both Abby and Casey turned their heads before their eyes softened. Crawling behind Kari timidly, Nya peeked her head out weakly as she glared daggers at the Dullahan in front of her. “S-She didn’t mean to cause you any trouble, Abby… she just smelled something she liked and she wanted it. She’s a Beastial after all and that’s just how they are. They don’t think before they act most of the time. It’s instinctual…” Kari whispered as she gently pet the toddlers head.

Nodding quietly, the smaller girl waved to Nya earning a happy smile in return. “It's fine Kari, I’m not mad at her for what she did… and Casey, don’t you have something to say to her as well?” Blinking once, then twice, the redhead soured before turning away.

“Nope.” “Casey!” “What! I thought she was attackin too! I was trying to save you ya, ungrateful Human!” “Say you’re sorry!” “For what! I didn’t do anything wrong!” “You shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions!” “Oh fuck off Kari! You were screamin yer little boyd head off to!” “Nyaaa!” “Shut it furball!”

Scowling as she had three pairs of eyes turned on her, Casey shrunk a bit before growling audibly. “OH FOR FUCKS SAKE, FINE! I’M SORRY! Step off it already!” Glancing back to Nya, Abby nodded as she saw the little cat girl sitting down happily as her tail swished back and forth eagerly.

“See, now don’t you feel better now that you apologized?” “Screw you…” Smirking, Abby chose not to reply as she watched the redhead’s cheeks darken more than usual. This was probably not something she did very often… and by that, she meant apologizing…

Moving over to the sulking redhead, Kari smiled sheepishly before wrapping her arms around her happily much to the older girls chagrin. “Thank you!” “Piss off!” Watching the little witch and Dullahan together now, Abby soon smiled.

They kind of acted like sisters when they bickered. That was probably how at least one of them saw the other she figured. Even if Casey mentioned that Kari bothered her a lot, she knew that she liked having her around. She was beginning to understand the feelings of each of them even if they acted so different, to begin with.

‘Is that why you did this to me… is it, Eve?’ Hearing no voice in her mind from her silent question, the brunette sighed thoughtfully. She had repeatedly tried asking silent questions to herself hoping, just hoping the little blonde had somehow been speaking to her but… it didn’t appear that way.

‘Then what did I hear earlier…’ She knew it was Eve’s voice, she just knew it. It wasn’t a figment of her imagination…’ Glancing up at both the girls once more as they began to bicker for some reason, Abby nodded.

“Kari… you asked me earlier how I knew who Poppy was, remember?” Pulling her face back as the redhead beside her pushed on her cheeks, the little witch nodded before letting go of Casey. “Y-Yeah… you said she knew where Casey might be… a-and she did! How did you know that exactly?”

Un-wrinkling her black dress after it had been crinkled, Casey as well grew quiet to listen. When she had been going from cave to cave searching for their human, she hadn’t expected Kari to just stumble into her saying she was back near the entrance of their tunnels. There was no way she would have known to ask Poppy, that girl was clueless twenty-four hours of the day… That had been something they didn’t really go over to much after witnessing the shock of what had happened to her and Nya when they got back…

Resting her arms over her kneecaps as she sat in silence, the teen was thoughtful for a moment before she tried to figure out how to say this next part. She had left it out purposefully because... it was just plain insane to say aloud. “W-When we were talking about where to find Casey… I heard a voice in my head. It said to ask Poppy. It was Eve’s voice… I just know it…”

Feeling their breaths hitch, both girls stiffened at the implication of what the smaller girl had said. “W-W-Wait, are ya tellin me that that damned vampire is in yer head and in your thoughts?!” Blushing, the brunette shook her head before her eyes hardened.

“No, I’m not just hearing her voice, she was talking to me!” Frowning deeply, Kari shook her head before looking Abby over. “A-Are you sure it was her voice? E-Eveline’s I mean…?” Souring as she saw the human confirm her statement, Kari rubbed her wrists gently as she tried to think about what this meant for her. “So… t-that’s why you said to trust you earlier… B-But, how would she know where Casey was?”

“We already pieced that together while you were pettin the cat. She has familiars under her wings, Kari… a lot of them probably… She must have been watching me. That bitch…” Shivering quietly, Kari nodded before rubbing her temple.

“V-Vampires, they have telekinetic properties… I think. M-Maybe she linked your minds together somehow?” She didn’t know a lot about Eveline’s species since myth and fact was a hard line to travel with a creature such as her, but… it was a possibility. No one, probably not even Najia knew just what the blonde could do… it was one of the reasons everyone feared her so much…

“Would taking my blood form a link between us?” Blinking quietly, Kari furrowed her brow before nodding. “I-Its possible, yes… W-W-Wait… you don't mean...” Sulking, Abby nodded before looking up at Casey, the redhead wasn’t doing much better as she shook with anger.

“Fucking hell… that bitch hijacked yer head! I’ll kill her!” Jumping in surprise from the bold statement, Kari pulled on Casey’s arm as she tried to calm her down. “S-Stop it! We don’t even know if that’s the case. I-If Eveline did this to Abby and we do something stupid, what else do you think she can do to her!”

Resting her chin on her forearms, Abby was silent as both Hominal began fighting each other once again. Kari had a point actually… one that frightened her. ‘M-My blood's inside her… with it, she can see my future and speak with me telepathically… ‘If this was just the minimum of what she’s seen, it’s possible she could control her very actions if she wanted to, or, much worse. Shivering, the teenager sighed before looking back up at Casey as she stomped her foot angrily. She had better calm them both down… They couldn't be fighting each other when the real enemy could still be watching them now.

“Well, we have to find her then!” “If Najia can’t do it then we certainly can’t!” “Well we won’t know until we try now will we, ya eejit!” “Shut up Casey, use your head! If she wanted to hurt Abby she would have done it already! Why would she have taken her in the first place and let her go otherwise!”

Opening her mouth to speak, the Dullahan soon grew quiet. She didn’t have an answer to that actually… “She won’t hurt me… for now at least. Kari’s right.” Crossing her arms in agitation, Casey looked down at the shrunken girl bitterly before scoffing.

“And what’s to say she won’t change her fuckin mind? That bitch is insane! She’s like a bitchier Ebon!” Chuckling dryly, Abby simply shook her head. “I don’t know about insane… but, I agree with you when you said she was cunning. She's smart Casey... really smart. She isn’t just doing this on a whim. She set me back in your domain Kari, yours… not the commons. She knows where your dwellings are, and knows what you two have been doing with me. She’s been watching, playing, and… and probably planning her next move. It’s a game to her…”

One they had very little chance of winning. It was kind of sad that the blonde saw her life as a game… but, that made her wonder more, was she the prize or just another piece on the board? She didn’t know anymore since she had heard both Kari’s and Casey’s opinions of her. Even her own was hard to go on anymore…

She didn’t know what to think…

Leaning on her work table, Kari was mute as she thought over Abby’s words. It made sense in a way… Why would she do everything she did unless she wanted to provoke them by giving her back? If she wanted to harm her, she would have… but instead, she changed something inside her head. She was toying with them, or, at least with Abby who affected them so much.

“We need Najia…” Looking up at Kari, the teenager nodded quietly before smiling up at the witch. “You said Najia can keep up with Eve, right Casey?” Scoffing, the Dullahan nodded before crossing her arms. “Well, no shit. It’s Eveline who wouldn’t be able to keep up with her. Najia is on a different level than anything I’ve ever seen before… If she were here, then, then that bitch wouldn’t be able to even get close to you!”

Nodding, Kari smiled before all their eyes turned to the unconscious Kitsune. “She’ll help you, Abby… you’ve taken care of her since you came here… and she’ll repay you for it. It’s just the kind of person she is…” Nodding her head, the smaller girl smiled as she watched the Hominal sleeping.

‘Please get better soon Najia…’ She didn’t know her personally like the others, but she didn’t seem like a bad Monster from what both Casey and Kari had said. If she was going to play whatever game this was, then they needed Najia to be their trump card. Now it just came down to how soon she could recover.

“Kari… how’s her temperature? Has her fever subsided entirely?” Jumping in surprise from the stern tone the smaller girl took on, the little witch nodded before standing at attention. “Y-Yes! Last night her fever dropped and she’s been holding steady. Her wounds have also begun to close up, her blood's no longer draining into her bandages. I changed them this morning!”

Nodding, Abby crawled to her feet before standing up. “Alright, let’s get to work then. I need you to make her some more antibiotics. Two tablespoons of dried Acacia, mix it with a quarter cup of sanguinolent extract. We brought some back with us yesterday, it’s the red fluid in the glass vials. We need to apply it to her wounds then use some Aloe on a new dressing of bandages so they're moist. Let’s go!”

Stumbling over her own feet, Kari nodded quickly as she got to work. She had to do exactly what the shrunken girl said! Watching her friend frantically running around her table, Casey soon leaned against it as her head lulled to the side.

Age aside, she sometimes forgot that the smaller girl was actually a doctor like her friend in training. Sighing, she shook her head loose before her shadow started to sneak away letting it fall into her hands. “Hey Kari, ya mind fetching me some of those bandages to? I shouldn’t keep using my shadow to keep my head up. It’s a waste of energy.”

Chuckling as she saw the younger girl completely oblivious to her request, Casey sighed. “Ya have a strange power over her, ya know?” Looking up at Casey confused, her eyes soon met with the giantess’s verdant ones as she flashed her a gentle grin.

“Kari’s a loner for the most part. She likes playing with Nya or talking to me on occasion… but, she never interacts with anyone else. The only person who can get her to act the way she is now is right there in that bed…” Pointing to the unconscious Kitsune, Casey shook her head with her hands.

“Ya hold a type of sway over us all, ya know? It’s hard to believe…” Lowering her gaze, Abby was silent as she mulled over Casey’s thought provoking words. She had a sway over them? What did that mean? Opening her mouth to speak, Abby was soon silenced as the blonde witch in question rushed over to her frantically.

“S-S-Sorry! B-But what should I use to apply the aloe…? I’ve never used it on a cloth before, only wounds.” Sighing, Abby nodded before telling the girl to lay them down so she could show her. All things said and done, she still had to play her part and pull some of the weight after all.

Watching both girls interacting with one another silently, Casey snickered before Looking to her side. ‘I think you’d be happy to meet a girl like her, wouldn’t ya, Najia?’ Sighing as she shook her head again, the redhead sat down at the base of the table as she cradled her head.

The Kitsune had often preached to them, most of the time about Humans and how they played an important role in all of their lives… but, she never really cared. She didn’t like humans that much after all… but, then there was Abby…

‘Fuck if she’s like any Human I’ve ever met…’ She simply wasn’t. And she was proving that here and now. Perhaps, there was a chance for her… but who knows. Only Najia would have that answer when she woke up…

Frowning quietly at the sad realization Abby might not be sticking around, Casey grew somber. She’d miss the human when she was gone… she was actually starting to take a liking to her to… Stiffening, Casey’s eyes hardened.

 

She could pout later, she felt something enter their domain…

 

 

“See? Gently massage the oil into the linin so it sticks to the surface of the patient’s skin like this.” Abby smiled as she showed the smaller patch to Kari. Watching in awe, the younger girl nodded gleefully before attempting it herself.

“Good, just keep it up like that. Oh, and make sure to-“

 

‘Call my name…’

 

“To… to…”

 

Looking down at Abby confused, Kari grew quiet as well as she saw the teenager suddenly shaking. “A-Abby…? Is everything alright?” Trembling where she stood, the smaller girl shook violently as she felt a foreboding feeling pass over her.

She had heard it again. “E-Eve…” Freezing up as well, Kari looked back at Abby confused before a shadow suddenly shot up around them forming a wall. “KARI RUN!” Staggering into her desk the little witch jumped in surprise as she saw Casey hovering over her.

“C-C-CAS-““SHUT UP AND GET OUT OF HERE ALREADY!” She could hear her coming…

“Too late…” Blinking, both girls looked down at Abby as she kneeled on the table in horror. Looking to the entrance of the tunnel, the older girl lifted her arm up shakily as she pointed to its blackness. “S-S-She’s already here…” Gulping, Casey’s shadow coiled around Kari as she began herding the younger girl behind her. This was bad… very, very bad…

Stepping past the arching entrance of the mouth of the cavern, a dark figure stepped past the doorway as her piercing red eyes bore into the trio of girls, or, more specifically the smallest member of the group.

 

“I knew it… I could smell her all over you before… How is it possible that you’re alive!?”

 

Flinching from the all-encompassing roar that echoed off the walls around them, Abby felt her body going numb as she stared at the girl in front of them. This was a nightmare… it had to be…

 

Closing her mouth from the roar that had escaped her, the girl took a step forward as her leathery claws began to twitch, her wings doing the same behind her. “I fed you to Nya! You should be dead!”

Shaking her head slowly, Abby was speechless. And so were both Casey and Kari… Everyone was rendered mute… to the presence of a Dragon…

 

Opening her mouth once again as she flashed them her serrated teeth, Ebon growled audibly as her throat began to glow. “I’LL BURN YOU ALIVE MYSELF THIS TIME!”

 

 

 

To be continued…

Chapter End Notes:

 

Hehehehe...

 

I suck, I know...

 

Expect things to heat up now that Ebon's been invited to the party. I'll be looking foward to next chapter indeed. >:)

I'll see you guys soon!

 

Bye!