- Text Size +

Rektor took a leap vertically into the air, he rarely used his full strength on the off chance of pulling a muscle.  However, the terror in the guard’s voice yelling to Sarah could not be ignored.  As Rektor was at the apex of his jump at 150 feet into the air he could see the commotion.  A few hills away was a female force of five 60 foot gigs, five 45-foot average and a few 30 foot giantesses.  This far near the coast it was not a coincidence it couldn’t be a coincidence.  They were here because of Alexis and I and probably were curious why a woman of Alexis size isn’t with a clan. 

“Sarah, what will you do?”  Rektor looked at Sarah as and the look of terror and fear were evident.  They both looked at Alexis who was standing up and were slowly balling her fists.  She didn’t know these women but she knew as much as I do that it didn’t matter the clan Alexis and I would not be allowed to survive.  The few seconds of time hanged from Rektor's question only added to the feeling of uncertainty. 

“We have to escape, children and scientists first.”  Sarah snapped back to reality.  “Guard, begin the evacuation, use plan B-5 Za Ha Dum for the evacuation.  After the children and scientists are safely evac I want you to lead half of the guards who stay and buy time to meet at Narn position.  The other half of the guards will give escort.  And guard, I’m sure you know.  Full weapons load.”  As Alexis looked down as the puny Sarah, well Puny to her in size she couldn’t have been more impressed.  This woman who barely came up to her ankle was so powerful.  She had the respect her elders had of the clan but she was being looked at from both male and females.  For all her 90 feet, she never felt smaller.

“Sarah, what can we do to help?”  Alexis lowered herself down to one knee which never made Sarah feel punier.  This mammoth of a woman could flatten her by just being careless.  However, most gigs never got bigger than 65 feet and here was a 90-foot woman.  The weapons may keep them at bay however if there were a clever one they may be in trouble.  Would Rektor and Alexis be willing to help?

“We need one hour to fully evacuate the area.  Half of the guards will be with the first transports.  We are taking the vehicles and leaving in 3 minutes.  The second half of the guard will be going out in advance and committing quick hit and run against the females.  The smaller ones we can kill if they don’t abide by our warning.  The larger ones we don’t have enough fire power to neutralize unless we have luck on our side.  I’m still confident you two maybe our best, last hope for peace.  But we need to escape.  Alexis if you can help by us time I will forever be in your debt.”  Sarah ran over and tried to hug the whole of Alexis leg but she was to large even on her ankle.  Alexis bended over and grabbed Sarah and brought her up to her face. 

“We will do what we can, how will we find you after all of this?”  Sarah leaned in and kissed the enormous cheek.  The two females looked each other in the end and for a moment they could have been sisters of the same size talking about boys if it was the time before growth.   

“I will give Rektor a beeper to notify us, please survive and wait for 21 sunrises before contacting us.  We will be in place and ready at that time.  Please be safe Alexis.”  Alexis lowered Sarah down and her vehicle pulled up.  Someone yells to her but she stops and whispers to Rektor.  “Take care of her or you will have to answer to me.”  She placed the beeper in his hand and gets into the vehicle and takes off along the countryside. 

“What shall we do Rektor?”  Alexis looked down upon her tiny man.  Rektor could only think of what his father said ‘you are who you make yourself’ as he looked back to his love. 

“We are who we choose to be, we FIGHT.”  The guards who were loading up to make the first run on the advancing woman felt the ground shake as Alexis walked towards them with Rektor taking 60 foot bounds.  They were an odd couple to look at but a sigh of relief came over the guards as they knew they had the largest woman on their side.  One of the guards gave Rektor a thing they called a gun.  He said it had six shots in it and can take down any size woman if the bullet was placed in the side of the head.  He also said shoot straight.  He also said that the cave which he called a bunker was going to explode in a hour to prevent anyone from learning mundanes existed. 

“Are you sure you are capable of this Alexis?”  Rektor was raised in violence, it was something that all men learn in childhood even the leapers.  To kill without remorse.  “It’s ok if you wish to not take part.  But for Sarah to have success we mustn’t let any of them live.  This will be bloody.”  Rektor said to Alexis as the guards pulled out of the Bunker a green weapon they called a cannon and a mortar. Whatever those things are.  Alexis looked straight ahead and saw the colors of the females, they were wearing red cloth across their foreheads.  These were trackers who kill any men in the neutral zone.  They were the female clan’s killers.  They were known to kill even other woman from other clans who were caught in the wrong area.  These woman always disgusted Alexis and in a way Alexis knowing everything that had just happened would not, could not, let them tell any others of these little people and their possible solution. 

The vehicles were moving so fast as the cannons and mortars as they called it started firing.  The ground erupted in fire as the woman came within range.  The men were firing and started to show a method to the mayhem they had started to sew.  They were keeping their distance and let those bullets do the job.  But as the plan started to take form it failed.  Rektor had never seen anyone eaten before.  It was just something that you don’t expect to see in life.  Rektor always realized that a woman of Alexis’s size could eat him but he never put any thought on the matter and would rather never think about it.  As the lead vehicle took its turn a giant foot fell in front of it causing it to drive over the foot sending it rolling.  The man she pulled out of the vehicle was screaming.  She brought him up to eye level and scanned his whole body.  “I wonder what you taste like” and she opened her mouth and raised her head up making it a direct drop into her stomach.  The fingers separated and gravity did the rest.  The man descended into the gaping mouth and finally with one gulp had passed into her throat and into her stomach. 

“Alexis, did you see” Before Rektor could finish he saw his 90-foot lover close the distance on the woman who had eaten the man.  Her blows were loud as she pummeled the woman’s torso.  It was blind rage which had consumed Alexis.  She had always believed in being nice and all things being fair.  The woman who had eaten the man had crossed a line that Alexis never knew she had.  By eating the man, she understood that they viewed them as only as good a food.  Alexis at that moment realized these women deserve no mercy.  As the woman fell to the ground.  Alexis swiftly raised her foot up and crashed it into the back of the neck.  The snapping of bones of her neck meant she was dead.

As Alexis, had raised her foot to kill one of the 60-foot woman another one had charged Alexis.  Rektor raised this gun he had in his hands to his shoulders and looked thru the sights which the guard had said earlier.  He saw the temple of the head and he pulled the trigger.  The hard rock of the recoil pushing the barrel back into his shoulder and the top rubbing against his chin.  He looked as he saw the beautiful red mist explode from the woman’s head as the bullet had exited.  The battle had degraded into a massacre as Rektor made all his six shots count, the mortars and cannons had done their job.  It was however Alexis who turned the tide of the battle as she was unstoppable.  She was more than a woman at this point but what Rektor would recall looking back, had become a force of nature at that moment. 

“Thank you, you need to get going you have 10 minutes before this whole area will go up into nothing more than a cloud.”  The guard said as he told his driver to get going. 

“Alexis we need to get going.”  As Alexis and Rektor made their escape with Alexis in a full out job with Rektor holding on as tight as he can from on top of her shoulder holding her hair.  They both knew they would need to discuss what had happened.  They had killed but it was a cause they believed in, they had seen a side of their lover which would need to be addressed.  Rektor remembered a book he read about a great battle across the sea.  It was said in the book that it was the greatest invasion of all time and many men had died.  That the echoes of the gun from the Beast of Omaha were just from a common man who turned into a beast.  Was Rektor still a man?  Was Alexis still a woman?  Or had they for the promise of hope become beasts?